Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Luke

Real Name Luke   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Task
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 29, 2007, 09:10
Total Comments 2994 (Senior)
User ID 37119

User comment history
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

News Comments > Fallout New Vegas 2 Rumor

4. Re: Fallout New Vegas 2 Rumor Jan 30, 2017, 21:38 Task

Frankly I'm ready for Fallout to be taken out back and quietly put down after the Bethesda and Embyro game engine treatment. Besides isn't Obsidian busy with their own IPs now (Pillars), unless they have another team available to actually do a Fallout.  

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fallout 4 Hi-Rez Texture Pack Next Week

2. Re: Fallout 4 Hi-Rez Texture Pack Next Week Jan 30, 2017, 21:35 Task

Do hi-rez textures add story and rpg somehow?  

News Comments > Torment Stretch Goal Changes

7. Re: Torment Stretch Goal Changes Jan 29, 2017, 14:24 Task

two decades? Holy smokes I wasn't aware this game started development in 1997 CJ :-O  

News Comments > Out of the Blue

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 29, 2017, 14:23 Task

That alligator was probably just as startled trying to get out of the boat.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse

2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 27, 2017, 19:59 Task

Ha. Ah, interesting times.

Also, Agent Zero, Might as well add Congress to that plan, seeing as they are literally less popular than dog doodoo. Might as well press a reset government button at this point, but seeing as that's not happening, the ship is still on fire - will the ship be scuttled and salvaged or sink into the Atlantic?

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Announced

16. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 26, 2017, 23:30 Task

Creston wrote on Jan 26, 2017, 23:04:
nin wrote on Jan 26, 2017, 19:09:
Considering how much I loved POE, I went a little nuts this round...actually I went really nuts. But hey, signed box, this time...

How badly did you splurge?

Signed box edition is 249$ US

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Announced

6. Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Announced Jan 26, 2017, 20:03 Task

Speaking of PoE, I went back to my old save and decided to take down that Adra Dragon and finally beat that sucker [proofs!]. Holy Hell did that feel good - finally realized the mistakes I was making previously. There were some other ones I skipped though, which was the Alpine Dragon and Llengrath's Bog Dragons (decided to ally with her). I have a save for those though.

Anyways, my first playthrough of the main campaign and white march 1&2 was pretty awesome and got a pretty decent Hylea ending. The only semi-bad ending I got was the Devil of Caroc. Sagani's was the best though, that had me in tears man.

If this isn't in the Dyrwood though, then I'm assuming that huge giant from Od Nua is taking a leisurely leisurely stroll to Deadfire?

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Trailers

3. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Trailers Jan 26, 2017, 19:49 Task

Oh man don't get my hopes up that much. If its Inquisition in Spaaace, I'll definitely be disappointed. I don't want to watch this though in case of spoilers.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs

6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 26, 2017, 15:38 Task

Some of you probably wouldn't like your GF or wifes nudes getting out if was unintended.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits

5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 25, 2017, 13:24 Task

Wine & Hope n Change  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs

9. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 24, 2017, 22:51 Task

descender wrote on Jan 24, 2017, 16:01:

Manufacturing jobs returning to Middle America is and always has been a total pipe dream. You can't turn back the clock on globalization.

For once, I agree with you. Bringing back some sort of Manufacturing revolution is a dream that neither Republicans or Democrats are going to fix long term. The crash is coming for the U.S. sooner or later.

Andrew Levine's article "When Was America Great?" brings up some interesting points.

"But without a counter-systemic social movement leading the way, he cannot defy the inherent logic of the system. No one can."

In the end, the slogan "hope and change" is just as false as "make america great again" to appease another subset. Both will fail, but people are desperate. The pessimist in me will be somewhat entertained as an observer, watching people march in line with the Republican and Democratic parties again and again, kicking the can further towards to me what seems inevitable (further disintegration of the parties, and an eventual collapse of the U.S. Empire's ability to wage endless war).

News Comments > Morning Patches

1. Re: Morning Patches Jan 24, 2017, 19:31 Task

Now sure how they managed to make the Bushwacker look worse compared to 10+ year old games like MW4 and MW3.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue

23. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 20, 2017, 13:12 Task

Star Wars is quotable about any U.S. Presidency or any Historical Empire wannabes and hasbins for that matter. The U.S. doesn't magically stop being one regardless of which circus team is in "charge." More "hope n change" (that won't be fulfilled) for masses to gobble up. Edward Bernays quotes would fit the bill as well.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews

10. Re: Morning Interviews Jan 18, 2017, 13:08 Task

I liked the xen levels in HL. To go from the grounded on Earth with an alien invasion to a completely alien and weird world was amazing to me.  

News Comments > Evening Interviews

4. Re: Evening Interviews Jan 17, 2017, 21:21 Task

Is there a compilation yet? I'd rather read that. I skimmed through it a bit, but I liked the one part where Gabe said Valve is working on some unannounced products using the Source 2 engine lol.  

News Comments > etc.

14. Re: etc. Jan 16, 2017, 17:01 Task

I don't necessarily mean HL3, I just mean any new game in general from Valve.  

News Comments > etc.

2. Re: etc. Jan 16, 2017, 11:03 Task

What is Valve's next new game?  

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance

5. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jan 14, 2017, 13:30 Task

How America Should Not Engage In War. For fucks sake. Go ahead and join up kids, I'm sure its lot of fun! Long live the Empire!  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse

26. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 14, 2017, 10:28 Task

Saboth wrote on Jan 13, 2017, 20:33:
Bodolza wrote on Jan 13, 2017, 13:15:
Trump makes unverified accusation that intelligence agencies leaked report with unverified accusations.

Orange baby-man elected due to fake news calls real news organizations "fake news".

Yes, Trump is a baby-man, but he is also a tool to be broken into and molded. Also recall that Mainstream Media has produced lies in the past. "Fake News" I hate that new phrase cooked up. The media for instance completely swallowed and gobbled up lies and 'intelligence' before both Iraq Wars, and then regurgitated them to the public in order to galvanize many into following along. I didn't much like being called a 'Saddam' sympathizer in those days for wanting peace with Iraq & Afghanistan or believing that bin Laden should not have been assassinated but brought to trial, but people all lost their collective minds like people sitting at a Roman Coliseum, wanting their bloodbath.

People really haven't been paying attention to some of his 'selections' which are more or less bottom of the barrel Deep State hacks. Presidents do not have absolute power in the U.S., that is fact. Pence, for example, is a rabid dog, like other goons in Washington that want nothing more than the continuation of Empire such as attacking Iran, violating the sovereignty of Syria, or the most dangerous thing that could ever happen: Attacking Russia. I'm doubting that could happen, but with how crazy D.C. is (both sides) and the massive debt going on, it is not unprecedented for Empires in History to do foolish things like placing troops along Russian borders within the last couple weeks, which from a Russian perspective and WW2 having affected countless generations there, is not good. There have been some smarter German politicians saying recently how dangerous it is for America and the rest of NATO to play that game ("Tanks do not create peace, anywhere,” Christian Görke). protests against the Military buildup of NATO in Europe right now (U.S. has remained largely pristine from war, while Europe bears the consequences). And all the while citizens like me really feel helpless to do anything but watch.

In any case, people seem to only now be waking up to the fact how shit U.S. politics is. I don't understand why others (not necessarily anyone here) ignored Obama's escalation of Drone Warfare, for example, which is illegal under classical international law (if it means anything anymore) and has been proven to increase "terrorism" (which is a broad definition, in other words, people out to avenge their dead). And going back to what I said about Presidents not having total power, its not necessarily all of Obama's fault for allowing the continuation of these things, as there are far far more people in government that want these things to continue and allow them to, but still holds responsibility (and people like to vent their anger more easily on one person). Things like Guantanamo still being open (illegal torture and detainment without trial), drone warfare (illegal), supporting radical groups (proven, since early 80s, also illegal), and blatantly overthrowing 'regimes' (illegal), Patriot Act, Expanded Surveillance, Expansion of Nukes now all sets precedent for any future U.S. establishment to abuse and use. Some of these were abused for 8 years, hell long before Obama as well, and now people are scared of Trump using them when they were already in use?

On a base level though for social issues on home soil, there have been improvements, on average we have it "good" still - its just a shame what my country's leaders to do others around the world. I do not feel that the U.S. is a shining beacon for true peace or democracy, but more of a bully on the world stage.

2994 Comments. 150 pages. Viewing page 28.
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >