Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Luke

Real Name Luke   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Task
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 29, 2007, 09:10
Total Comments 2976 (Senior)
User ID 37119

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Sid Meier's Civilization VI Demo
7. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization VI Demo Mar 17, 2017, 04:41 Task

Maybe in a while when it's fully "expansioned" and modded?  

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Early Access
33. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Early Access Mar 16, 2017, 22:47 Task

Agent-Zero wrote on Mar 16, 2017, 19:20:
also, Fallout 4 is intentionally tongue in cheek... this does not appear to be that way

It's only tongue in cheek, because Beth doesn't understand Fallout. When I play FO1/2 and it comes off as serious, not a joyless comedy like FO4.

Anyways, the story is soooo good in Andromeda that you kill aliens on first contact. "My face is tired."

29. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Early Access Mar 16, 2017, 18:49 Task

Ok now I have to wonder did Bioware purposely make a comedy Sci-Fi game? Been watching a lot more of it. Yeah, the animation is baaaad, but the dialogue and writing itself is where I'm more focused. Ohhhh man is it not good. Like Fallout 4 Bad. Didn't even think it was possible for that to happen. And the "bad" guys are just goofy as fuck.

Maybe it would be worth playing with friends or SO as a drinking game? You know, once it's 5$.

News Comments > Prey Typhon Trailer
5. Re: Prey Typhon Trailer Mar 16, 2017, 17:44 Task

They should rename it Talos.  

23. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 16, 2017, 15:37 Task

I broke my spoiler embargo last night, fuck it. Holy Hell is this looking like a pass.

Graphics and Animation that is somehow worse than ME2, TW2&3, or Bloodlines is one thing - I still play old games, but the reports of nonsensical characters, quests, dry-pan dialogue and story beats is what matters to me and it's not sounding up to par in that regard.

News Comments > Game Reviews
43. Re: Game Reviews Mar 15, 2017, 20:39 Task

bigspender wrote on Mar 15, 2017, 19:34:
And that's why you don't pre-order games :-)

I learnt my lesson with Arkham Knight. And while they were able to fix the technical issues in the game, you can't really fix the flawed gameplay mechanics in a game like Mass Effect 4, well you can, but they're not going to.

I didn't thankfully... I probably should have been paying more attention lately with Andromeda, but it seems people had some fair points from earlier threads that this may be a let down of a game. I thought about giving EA/Bioware the benefit of the doubt, hoping they'd learn from past crap. Then again EA fucks shit up.

I just saw this video, for example, maybe this is Beta and Preview footage stuff? But damn, those animations are pretty bad. Like worse than Bloodlines, and that game is OLD. And certainly no where near as well-crafted as CD Projekt's God Level abilities. And then I'm like, "Ok, that's animations, if the game looks shit I can handle that, gameplay/story can make the game," but then reading hints that the story/quests are dog piles :\.

Once Andromeda is released I'm forgoing my own spoiler embargo and watch some let's play to see if the badness persists. If this game is a turd, I'm definitely not giving Bioware the benefit of the doubt for that new, unannounced 'mystery' RPG they are making.

This comment was edited on Mar 15, 2017, 20:57.

41. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 15, 2017, 18:48 Task

Creston wrote on Mar 15, 2017, 17:55:
Task wrote on Mar 15, 2017, 17:28:
And from that first bit of the RPS it seems whatever Bioware was going for with the whole "new universe" trope, it reads to me like they went for generic action Sci Fi schlock.

The only reason they went with "a new universe" is because there was no way for them to re-use the Milky Way after the Mac Walters' special that was ME3. I hope someone just mods all mentions of Andromeda out of it, and we can just pretend it's the Milky Way galaxy.

But even so, Sci-Fi Schlock is kind of the whole motto of Mass Effect. It's Star Wars, not a Space Odyssey.

Yes, I know that's the 'why' they chose the new universe trope. What I mean is how well written that tried story can be told altogether. Take The Expanse books as a recent example (now adapted for TV) spoiler they go to a new universe or galaxies/star systems/etc and it's done pretty well, wild and weird.

And why not Space Odyssey? Isn't that the idea, Star trek style? Mass Effect or parts of it remind me way more of that like Deep Space Nine than Star Wars. Star Wars is definitely an awesome schlock in the space ways, but it's underlying story isn't boldly exploring, but an allegory for rebellion and republics falling into the ruin of Empire.

This comment was edited on Mar 15, 2017, 19:33.

33. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 15, 2017, 17:28 Task

Creston wrote on Mar 15, 2017, 16:15:
Task wrote on Mar 15, 2017, 16:08:
Jeez. Just started reading RPS piece for Andromeda and the first few paragraphs are about how terrible the writing and characters are.

In the opening mission. I think it's probably fair to put that up as a caveat.

Well yes, I saw that, I hope it's not evidence of most all other parts of the game though. I mean this is Bioware, they've been hit or miss for quite a while now.

CD Project should just offer a 101 course for devs on how to combine writing with non-trite character interaction+quest design.

And from that first bit of the RPS it seems whatever Bioware was going for with the whole "new universe" trope, it reads to me like they went for generic action Sci Fi schlock. Maybe something meaningful happens or they make players 'think deep' but so far it doesn't seem that way besides diplomacy with a barrel of a Sci Fi gun.

This comment was edited on Mar 15, 2017, 17:39.

24. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 15, 2017, 16:08 Task

Jeez. Just started reading RPS piece for Andromeda and the first few paragraphs are about how terrible the writing and characters are. Kotaku's first impression doesn't mention it for some reason, but it's Patricia - she seems more like a lot of gamers that are into really simpleton stuff.

I was afraid of this - what happened to you Bioware? I had planned on a day one purchase, not so sure now. I had purposely avoided watching all the trailers and vids to avoid spoilers too.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Multiplayer Video
3. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Multiplayer Video Mar 14, 2017, 21:25 Task

I always had some fun with it with friends. It's nothing special, but a fun challenge.  

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Launch Trailer
45. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Launch Trailer Mar 12, 2017, 13:07 Task

Agent-Zero wrote on Mar 10, 2017, 20:25:
and noticed the lipsynching of conversations in the in-game cutscenes was way, way, way off - it looks so wrong.. like 90s era stuff

Which is odd to me, because there are some rare gems from the old days that actually did have pretty good lip synching for old tech. And then there is Half-Life 2 (2004), Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines (2004), and also Heavenly Sword (2007) with really good facial animation (and also Witcher 2 and 3). Not sure what gives with EA/Dice not being able to pull off good facial animations when its been done long before the tech used for Andromeda.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Launch Trailer
44. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Launch Trailer Mar 12, 2017, 12:38 Task

I thought 'man they sure are hyping the heck out of this' while for some reason thinking this was being released later in December, but now I see that it is March 21st. I have the collector editions of ME2-3, but the the Andromeda one seems silly to me. A remote control car? Maybe for a 12 year old, really not my thing.

This comment was edited on Mar 12, 2017, 12:56.

News Comments > John Carmack Sues ZeniMax
32. Re: John Carmack Sues ZeniMax Mar 10, 2017, 08:19 Task

VaranDragon wrote on Mar 10, 2017, 06:13:

Its amazing that some people actually believe that the people responsible for making and producing brilliant games like Fallout, or Elder Scrolls are actually also the very same people who run the companies they work in, and make business and legal decisions that affect the whole company or corporation as a whole as well as all of their customers.

Well of course. ZeniMax are mainly the suits of Bethesda, not the same. Either way, ZeniMax guaranteed the dumbing down of Fallout by buying it, the franchise is horse manure now. Worse, Mutated Brahmin Shit.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Mar 6, 2017, 22:03 Task

The easiest thing to do cutter is simply not click on the link.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
6. Re: Morning Safety Dance Mar 3, 2017, 20:31 Task

Saboth wrote on Mar 3, 2017, 18:01:
Lock him up!

Republicans' hypocrisy knows no bounds. Half of Trump's administration is using personal email for government business and Trump's using an ancient unsecured phone for communication, while talking about top secret information in public restaurants. Meanwhile Republicans aren't concerned that it seems Trump's entire administration has been in talk with the Russians, while Russia was actively helping him win the election, then after the election, he promised to lift sanctions on them. Hell, that's treason!

I agree with your first part since I called Trump and Hillary both being hypocrites, but not buying the Russian part. I totally called it that Trump also would be a Militarist like Hillary, which is what are we seeing now for example, because both would not be able to resist the temptations of the most wasteful budget this country has, on "Defense." The whole narrative regarding Russia reeks of McCarthyism, they are not an enemy. If you don't know what that is, look it up. If you are so concerned about a country "helping him win" (which is vague) then perhaps you would like a list of far more malicious things America has done to "help" someone win an election in other countries? And regarding sanctions, I take it you are for sanctions, even though they mostly hurt regular people like you and I? It's nothing more than economic terrorism. For discussion of Hypocrisy, we must be Fair and Balanced™, since it goes both ways.

News Comments > Styx: Shards of Darkness Trailer
2. Re: Styx: Shards of Darkness Trailer Mar 3, 2017, 20:16 Task

Nice, this kind of coop actually looks hella fun.  

News Comments > Dawn of War III Trailer
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 1, 2017, 22:46 Task

Heads, buy it. Tails, buy it?  

News Comments > Steel Division: Normandy 44 Announced
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 1, 2017, 20:52 Task

Nice. Definitely looking out for this in the future.

Already recognize a lot of the units. Stukas however were rarely ever used by 44 and when they did so they operated much lower when allied air cover was lowest. The Luftwaffe instead used 109s or fw190f's with bombs if they needed to provide close air support when they were able.

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Gameplay Video
17. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Gameplay Video Mar 1, 2017, 18:38 Task

This is Bioware 2017 we're talking about here, not Bioware 2003 or earlier. I wouldn't expect anything complex or deep from them.

This comment was edited on Mar 1, 2017, 18:53.

2976 Comments. 149 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo