Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Luke

Real Name Luke   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Task
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 29, 2007, 09:10
Total Comments 2976 (Senior)
User ID 37119

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Plans
35. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 30, 2017, 17:45 Task

Half Elf, to answer your BioWare question (to the best of my knowledge):

Bioware Edmonton - "A" Team (currently working on a mysterious new flagship RPG IP, contains last vets of some who worked on previous games)

Bioware Austin? - "B" Team - Kotor MMO f2p

Bioware Montreal - "C" Team - worked on ME3 Multiplayer and Omega DLC, and now Andromeda (lead writer did Halo 4), someone also made the decision to have a less experienced team learn FrostByte rather than use the Unreal 4 Engine

Also, all the important people (leads) that made the original games jumped ship I believe. Bioware is being consumed by EA, but EA is probably putting their money on whatever Edmonton is doing.

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

29. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 30, 2017, 16:02 Task

ItBurn wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 11:40:
The game just came out guys, ease up on story spoilers. Use the secret tag.

the kettle soldiers are just angarans injected with power range-like baddie injection juice and turn into rock people, it's hilarious! Go go power rangers!

Who came up this crap, it's comedy gold.

6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 30, 2017, 11:17 Task

So they break their silence huh.

Since I played me1-3 for the star trekness and dialogue, Andromeda is looking like a hard pass since I don't play me games for the combat Alone.

Better luck next time Bioware Montreal C Team.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Tease
17. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Tease Mar 30, 2017, 08:24 Task

Rigs wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 04:16:
The absolutely only way they'll get me hyped is if they still have the Original Trilogy setting and a large single-player campaign.

=-Rigs-=

It'll probably be rushed. Dice isn't known for good SP as-is, but co-op campaign mode would be ideal.

Also just out of curiosity after seeing TIE Defender teases for that Death Star expansion, DICE pulled a total cocktease move and made them unflyable. You only get to see a Defender if you drive over a token for it, and an AI assistant shoots stuff for you. One of the most iconic Expanded Universe Imperial starfighters from TIE Fighter and DICE makes it unflyable... That's some kiddie bullshit right there.

15. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Tease Mar 30, 2017, 08:18 Task

Slick wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 01:24:
The Half Elf wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 00:15:
After Mass Effect Andromeda how can it get worse... oh wait.. it's EA.

I've been playing ME:A all week, not sure what you mean by "worse". The game is pretty decent, it's ME.

Oh I'm sure you know what we mean by "worse" and "worst". I submit Exhibit A and Exhibit B for viewing lols ;).

News Comments > Steel Division: Normandy 44 Trailer
1. Re: Steel Division: Normandy 44 Trailer Mar 29, 2017, 21:28 Task

If that was really 'in game' footage, Dis looks good.  

1. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Tease Mar 29, 2017, 21:21 Task

Is it going to have shitacular spawn tokens again?  

News Comments > Battlefield 1: They Shall Not Pass Released
2. Re: Battlefield 1: They Shall Not Pass Released Mar 29, 2017, 19:22 Task

I assume the Char 2C is 'what if' it was used. They were only used during WW2, and only 6 were operational during the Battle of France. All 6 were destroyed. Hinting at a future WW2 follow-up game? But eh, whatever it's a game. Too bad BF1 isn't moddable though, I'd love to see what the Forgotten Hope people could do with something like this for a more 'historical' approach.  

News Comments > Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition Announced
2. Re: Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition Announced Mar 28, 2017, 19:14 Task

Basically for people who don't want to install all the fan enhancements manually.  

News Comments > Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition Countdown?
4. Re: Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition Countdown? Mar 27, 2017, 20:03 Task

Acleacius wrote on Mar 27, 2017, 18:42:
Great idea, but here's hoping they finally get around to Arcanium next! Lighter

Just download Arcanum Multiverse Edition if you need it 'enhanced.'

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII Images?
16. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Images? Mar 26, 2017, 11:34 Task

Steazy wrote on Mar 26, 2017, 05:49:
Tell ya what though... I'd play a WW2 Battlefield game again in a heartbeat

I think a lot of people would. Rolling around in a Tiger Tank on FrostByte would be pretty sweet. It's too damn bad though that EA/Dice don't put in the work to make FrostByte more moddable. There already would have been a WW2 total conversion mod by now for BF3/BF4 if that were so.

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII Images?
9. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Images? Mar 26, 2017, 01:14 Task

Jeez, how much ya'll want to bet you'll be stormin' the beach yet again, now in HD! Nope, can't do anything new - certainly not something barely covered like the Winter War.  

News Comments > etc.
10. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 24, 2017, 15:55 Task

So I'm trying to decide on what level Andromeda is as far as 'not giving a fuck'

Aliens Colonial Marines or Fallout 4?

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Reviews
87. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 20, 2017, 22:10 Task

Instead of buying Andromeda Day 1, I bought Turok 2 for dinosaur shooting fun (violence against dinosaurs man!). Although I also started playing Mass Effect 2 again from an old ME1 import and the dialogue is like night day while watching dialogue scenes from twitch LP's of Andromeda. Andromeda dialogue and writing is sophomoric in comparison in many scenes, I simply can't not notice it. I'm generally very picky with books too, I don't just pick out something based on a cover.

Now I keep thinking about what would be an interesting premise for a future Mass Effect setting, and while going around reading about each planet in ME2, a lot of them that are out in the boonies of Milky Way are popular pirating locations. And then I thought, wouldn't it be interesting instead of a savior or do-gooder you start as a crew of a pirate ship or pirate Captain in the Mass Effect setting? I mean Andromeda is ripe for some piracy cropping up since it all went to shit. They could even let the player choose a race. Another idea would be starting out as ice haulers or haulers of whatever like The Expanse, and get caught up in some conspiracy between "Nu-Citadel" and other system powers.

This comment was edited on Mar 20, 2017, 22:22.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Reviews
34. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Reviews Mar 20, 2017, 13:15 Task

Man I was really hoping for some epic new galaxy Sci-Fi with some "The Expanse" style or Hard Sci-Fi thrown into the Mass Effect wheel :\.

The RPS one is my favorite. Some EA person will want heads rolling at Bioware Montreal maybe?

Basically this whole ordeal reminds me of the Fallout 4 release. A lot of Massive Hype and concludes in Mixed Disappointment (fallout - ehhhhhh). Just an average ho-hum do stuff on the map game, with weird ass sex scenes, that doesn't really try to improve (in all aspects) above and beyond other games with the IP name/brand.

I'll check it out on a super sale way later or something. People will find their fun with it I guess, so to each their own.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Mar 19, 2017, 12:34 Task

Being a "Gamer" is only dependent on preferences. Some people play games to be immersed by really good graphics and cut-scenes, like Uncharted 4 for example. Some people like good game mechanics that are simple or complex, others good writing, or any combination. So the "Gamer" that goes into Andromeda looking to be immersed with animations that show human-like emotion to match dialogue, have their right to complain if that's what they are looking for IMO. It may seem dumb to others, but that's how it is so I can't really relate to the "not a gamer" thing. I hate Fallout 4 with a passion due to the writing and quest design, for example, but I don't call people that like it "Not Gamers" for enjoying it.  

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Mar 19, 2017, 12:19 Task

Meh, the animations are comedy, but I'm surprised the focus is so much on that when the writing is far better comedy with zingers like "My face is tired" and "You're not a pathfinder until you PATH found something" and Aliens talking like they are actually from this Century of Earth. Those keyboard bullies went after someone for dumb reasons, when the game has more problems than just animations.  

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda 4K Trailer
20. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda 4K Trailer Mar 18, 2017, 09:57 Task

Ok so facial animations stuff aside for a 2017 game ;), apparently this was mined from the Data Files. Even "romancing" is written as Comedy. Someone literally Ok'ed that for Design meetings, do they not know how to make writing that sounds like how people actually talk ffs? I think the ending bits are just grunts from the characters moving around or something though or maybe not...

This comment was edited on Mar 18, 2017, 10:07.

News Comments > NieR:Automata Released
11. Re: NieR:Automata Released Mar 18, 2017, 09:50 Task

ninemil wrote on Mar 18, 2017, 04:10:
It's an amazing game, (triple-plat'd it on PS4Pro, up there with Planescape: Torment for narrative framing and story,)

Huh, that's an interesting take for an Action-RPG. So, as far as comparing new release titles, better writing and dialogue than Andromeda?

2976 Comments. 149 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo