Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Luke

Real Name Luke   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Task
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 29, 2007, 09:10
Total Comments 2991 (Senior)
User ID 37119

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Kingdom Come: Deliverance Launch Trailer

2. Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance Launch Trailer Feb 13, 2018, 08:43 Task

I've been looking forward to this one, although I'm probably not buying it right off. I have a feeling its going to be a hit or a sleeper hit rpg either way, since there simply are extremely few medieval rpg's without a fantasy angle. Plus this has the faux-simulation aspect for sword combat.  

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Patches

9. Re: Sunday Patches Feb 12, 2018, 00:00 Task

Pretty cool documentary about Gothic and the Witcher.

How GOTHIC Influenced THE WITCHER game. In it, there are some interviews with CD Projekt developers and they explain how they feel current Elder Scrolls (oblivion and later) really lack agency and are almost too much 'sandbox'.

I know one of the topics is simply about a patch for FO4, but I found it interesting.

I wish these "neo"-Fallout's focused more on better rpg elements like the originals rather than the newest trends of stuffing in obnoxious crafting and loot collecting, combined with the janky game engine they use. The more of these trends I see, the less I play these new games and go back to more interesting stuff like Wasteland 1 or Quest for Glory.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation

3. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 9, 2018, 14:06 Task

I was going to say the same thing - the article says a console release is happening later.  

News Comments > Close Combat Storms GOG.com

2. Re: Close Combat Storms GOG.com Feb 6, 2018, 19:11 Task

Hmm, I've never actually played a Close Combat. Just Combat Mission and Sudden Strike. This is definitely tempting, I wonder if they are working on bringing the first one to gog as well? And after looking at the Matrix Games site, there are bunch of other ones too: Last Stand Arnhem, The Longest Day, Cross of Iron, and Wacht am Rhein of which some are modern remakes of their original titles.

This comment was edited on Feb 6, 2018, 19:22.

News Comments > Morning Interviews

2. Re: Morning Interviews Feb 5, 2018, 19:22 Task

That phrase gets tossed around a lot, "hasn't aged well." Do any of you watch classic Black and White films? Just enjoy it for what it is. People will say the same phrase about 'modern games' 20 or more years from now, a new age of 'haven't aged well' games.  

News Comments > Space Hulk: Tactics Announced

2. Re: Space Hulk: Tactics Announced Feb 2, 2018, 18:31 Task

Another take on this again huh. I definitely enjoyed Space Hulk Ascension (different developer).  

News Comments > Respawn's Star Wars Expected in FY2020

25. Re: Respawn's Star Wars Expected in FY2020 Jan 31, 2018, 23:09 Task

El Pit wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 17:03:

Well...
1. Original trilogy
2. The Force Awakens/Revenge of the Sith (tie)
3. Attack of the Clones/The Last Jedi (tie)
4. The Ewok movies
5. The Holiday Special
6. The animated series
7. A blank screen
8. The Phantom Menace (Plan 9 From Outer Space II)

Holiday Special above Phantom Menace? LoL what?

News Comments > Age of Empires: Definitive Edition Next Month; Beta Expanding

1. Re: Age of Empires: Definitive Edition Next Month; Beta Expanding Jan 18, 2018, 22:42 Task

The original games came with a reference card, that was how we survived without in-game tech tree yo.  

News Comments > Petroglyph Sought Star Wars: Empire At War Sequel

17. Re: Petroglyph Sought Star Wars: Empire At War Sequel Jan 18, 2018, 18:51 Task

It was alright when I played it, which wasn't for very long. I didn't like the ground battle stuff either, as some of you are mentioning, which for me was a main reason why I didn't continue playing it even though the space battle stuff was fun. After that I went back to the old Rebellion game, which I still play occasionally to this day.

In any case, it's a shame more types of Star Wars are just not made anymore with interesting takes or risks like Empire at War. So far there have been the two Battlefronts by EA and some mobile stuff. I feel all the innovation and risk-taking with the Star Wars IP is largely gone for video game media.

News Comments > PC FINAL FANTASY XV in March; Specs [Updated]

18. Re: PC FINAL FANTASY XV in March; Specs [Updated] Jan 16, 2018, 18:17 Task

When people state that a publisher/developer cuts content, does one mean to say they think they did it on purpose? I mean FF15 was in development for a long time, at some point a developer has to say 'ok, we have to test what we have and prepare for release, we won't have time to add other planned additions in this phase.' Considering how much DLC it appears they added for this game, I don't think it would have possible to include all of that on release, including what appears to be additional story parts rather than dress up dlc.

Anyways, that Hard Drive space requirement... dude. I mean I want to get this game eventually, if its all on discs for PS4 (for anyone that does have the PS4 version, is that the case?), that would be easier for me personally than taking up 100+ gigs on my computer.

News Comments > ESA Rebukes President Trump

130. Re: ESA Rebukes President Trump Jan 12, 2018, 18:40 Task

Whoa folks, almost as entertaining as an SC thread.

Every 4 years in America, back and forth.

Anyways, someone earlier said 'half of America voted for Trump' when actually a little less than half of America didn't voted for anybody. It is Minority rule here.

Trump supporters see Fake News boogiemans everywhere. God I hate that term, "Fake News." Just remember "Fake News" is how many in America are constantly duped into wars for a few decades now. Meanwhile, Democrats see Russian boogeymen under their beds. Its all such a Circus man, I'm telling ya.

Yes, Trump is racist. Not sure why that is shocking? His supporters care little in the way Obama supporters looked the other way when droned some folks. It just goes both ways.

Also, neither side of this recent slip by Trump are talking about the last parts of his recent back pedaling tweetledumbs, which are quoted as: "I want to fund our military, not do a Dem defund..." There is a big issue right there, America is so deep in debt from over spending in Military now for many decades that's it coming back to haunt future generations to be saddled with debt forever. This is unsustainable. Would people be shouting about welfare if this country spent all that military spending on social uplift instead? This country is drowning and the underlying issue is not better under Trump - the Empire continues only now with a more in your face clown. And Trump is wrong, the "Dems" want that Military gravy train to continue.

News Comments > DUSK Early Access

16. Re: DUSK Early Access Jan 11, 2018, 23:43 Task

Really enjoying it so far. Wooorth it.  

News Comments > Total War: THREE KINGDOMS Announced

2. Re: Total War: THREE KINGDOMS Announced Jan 10, 2018, 19:49 Task

Here's to hoping the siege battles are not as dumbed down as Total Warhammer.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs

3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 10, 2018, 00:10 Task

New FBI? Ha, that'll never happen dude. Likewise with any Alphabet Soup agency in the US of A. The various issues with the gravy train (wreck) here will continue.  

News Comments > VIVE Pro and Wireless Adaptor Announced

1. Re: VIVE Pro and Wireless Adaptor Announced Jan 8, 2018, 20:19 Task

Well they have my attention, hells yes. That will be super nice for flight and driving.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse

3. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 2, 2018, 20:19 Task

You would think, but Logan Paul highlights to me what weird things technology enables. Just how it goes. It's like watching a surreal episode of Black Mirror.  

News Comments > Star Wars: Battlefront II Adds The Last Jedi Content

14. Re: Star Wars: Battlefront II Adds The Last Jedi Content Dec 13, 2017, 23:49 Task

Slick wrote on Dec 13, 2017, 17:28:
I think the sin of saying that Anakin was born from a virgin and impregnated by Midochlorian was possibly worse than anything else those movies did wrong, and that's saying a lot.

According to the Darth Plagueis book its alluded that Shmi was unintentionally impregnated through manipulation of the force. Video here. I mean it is a Virgin Mary parable, because parables and stuff.

News Comments > The Predator Stalking Ghost Recon Wildlands

4. Re: The Predator Stalking Ghost Recon Wildlands Dec 13, 2017, 23:42 Task

Really strange. Why not make it 4v1? And a permanent game mode. Is the Predator a player or an AI boss?  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs

2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 13, 2017, 23:36 Task

I mean Faux News is dog du du, but I don't watch any of the other major news networks either. They're all just white noise to me. That one video at that gathering in Washington DC, with all those telecoms folks hanging out and having a laugh, kind of shows how those at the top don't give a fuck or simply believe that their way is the 'best' way. Its not easy changing people's beliefs with their reality just being different, or if they are older.  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse

5. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 9, 2017, 22:52 Task

Well here's to hoping it follows the plot of the books closely, starting with The Last Wish and The Sword of Destiny. It would be interesting if they start it out that way since each episode would be a self-contained story or hijinks the main character was involved with along his journey. Sort of like a "monster of the week" but more like "not all things are monsters (of the week)." Part of that journey was meeting the orphan Ciri in Sword of Destiny, they part ways again as Geralt and sometimes other people with him are off doing something, and eventually happen to cross paths again. There's also the hint of 'things to come' in The Last Wish when Geralt met Ciri's parents to begin with.

After that it launches into the entire Saga - which would basically be a mashup of Lord of The Rings and Game of Thrones, with talking Dragons, typical 'monster' types in tales like LoTR except in here there's the 'twist' where they may be intelligent or not, or misunderstood, and the epic journey along the way.

2991 Comments. 150 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >