Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Luke

Real Name Luke   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Task
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 29, 2007, 09:10
Total Comments 2960 (Senior)
User ID 37119

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > DUSK Early Access
16. Re: DUSK Early Access Jan 11, 2018, 23:43 Task

Really enjoying it so far. Wooorth it.  

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Total War: THREE KINGDOMS Announced
2. Re: Total War: THREE KINGDOMS Announced Jan 10, 2018, 19:49 Task

Here's to hoping the siege battles are not as dumbed down as Total Warhammer.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 10, 2018, 00:10 Task

New FBI? Ha, that'll never happen dude. Likewise with any Alphabet Soup agency in the US of A. The various issues with the gravy train (wreck) here will continue.  

News Comments > VIVE Pro and Wireless Adaptor Announced
1. Re: VIVE Pro and Wireless Adaptor Announced Jan 8, 2018, 20:19 Task

Well they have my attention, hells yes. That will be super nice for flight and driving.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 2, 2018, 20:19 Task

You would think, but Logan Paul highlights to me what weird things technology enables. Just how it goes. It's like watching a surreal episode of Black Mirror.  

News Comments > Star Wars: Battlefront II Adds The Last Jedi Content
14. Re: Star Wars: Battlefront II Adds The Last Jedi Content Dec 13, 2017, 23:49 Task

Slick wrote on Dec 13, 2017, 17:28:
I think the sin of saying that Anakin was born from a virgin and impregnated by Midochlorian was possibly worse than anything else those movies did wrong, and that's saying a lot.

According to the Darth Plagueis book its alluded that Shmi was unintentionally impregnated through manipulation of the force. Video here. I mean it is a Virgin Mary parable, because parables and stuff.

News Comments > The Predator Stalking Ghost Recon Wildlands
4. Re: The Predator Stalking Ghost Recon Wildlands Dec 13, 2017, 23:42 Task

Really strange. Why not make it 4v1? And a permanent game mode. Is the Predator a player or an AI boss?  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 13, 2017, 23:36 Task

I mean Faux News is dog du du, but I don't watch any of the other major news networks either. They're all just white noise to me. That one video at that gathering in Washington DC, with all those telecoms folks hanging out and having a laugh, kind of shows how those at the top don't give a fuck or simply believe that their way is the 'best' way. Its not easy changing people's beliefs with their reality just being different, or if they are older.  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
5. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 9, 2017, 22:52 Task

Well here's to hoping it follows the plot of the books closely, starting with The Last Wish and The Sword of Destiny. It would be interesting if they start it out that way since each episode would be a self-contained story or hijinks the main character was involved with along his journey. Sort of like a "monster of the week" but more like "not all things are monsters (of the week)." Part of that journey was meeting the orphan Ciri in Sword of Destiny, they part ways again as Geralt and sometimes other people with him are off doing something, and eventually happen to cross paths again. There's also the hint of 'things to come' in The Last Wish when Geralt met Ciri's parents to begin with.

After that it launches into the entire Saga - which would basically be a mashup of Lord of The Rings and Game of Thrones, with talking Dragons, typical 'monster' types in tales like LoTR except in here there's the 'twist' where they may be intelligent or not, or misunderstood, and the epic journey along the way.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
9. Re: Morning Interviews Dec 1, 2017, 18:24 Task

The 'evils' in the game are a religious cult, you know, like almost every whacky Far Cry game. I don't see the controversy here I guess?

Do republicans say, in the real world, worship a weird group whom they have to call the leader their 'Father' and they are his 'children' and his name is Joseph Seed? The game description says "Project at Eden's Gate" is "known to utilize scorched-earth tactics, destroying farms and other potential supplies of the Resistance."

Yeah, try that in the real world and they would be dead or arrested pretty quick by a pretty big task force, FBI, National Guard, etc mobilizing against the equivalent of a Terrorist Cell. Basically the bad guy is like the dude from the movie "Red State" and they all get killed by the ATF.

News Comments > STAR OCEAN - THE LAST HOPE - 4K & Full HD Remaster Released
4. Re: STAR OCEAN - THE LAST HOPE - 4K & Full HD Remaster Released Nov 29, 2017, 08:22 Task

My favorite was Til The End of Time. Like most of these long running jRPG series, I think the first one being introduced to is the 'fav.'

It's not really like Final Fantasy (1 through 13), at least as far as combat goes, but it is a jRPG usually with a sci-fi space setting.

News Comments > Loot Boxes Under Fire
62. Re: Loot Boxes Under Fire Nov 23, 2017, 11:27 Task

Dacote wrote on Nov 22, 2017, 19:27:
"Just" cosmetic items in paid lootcrates are a metastasis of the original cancer. https://youtu.be/NLDid1UNyg8?t=328

I was going to post this too, you beat me to it

News Comments > Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Demo
6. Re: This game is racist towards germans Nov 23, 2017, 07:53 Task

WitcherOntheProwl wrote on Nov 23, 2017, 01:55:
Boycott this game.

Huh?

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Controversy Affects EA Stock and NFS Payback
14. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Controversy Affects EA Stock and NFS Payback Nov 21, 2017, 00:14 Task

I really hope this causes other publishers and developers to move away from the recent "loot box" craze in recent years. When this stuff intrudes on actual gameplay progression, its far too off putting for me as a fan of games my entire life. I usually avoid games that have them these days, even ones that have them for obtaining cosmetic things only. They are usually annoying and in your face.

Hell they even added them to "MWO" which I already hated with a passion for my favorite PC franchise devolving into a half-assed "f2p" grind-fest. But now everyone wants to get in on these dumb loot box designs put into games, especially in multiplayer ones. It turns me right off and its why I've been going back to retro gaming with a raspberry pi, playing older pc titles, or only going for the latest titles that are just single-player (but even that's not sacred, that LoTR game is an example).

News Comments > ESA Seeking Final Disabilities Access Waiver Extension
33. Re: ESA Seeking Final Disabilities Access Waiver Extension Nov 19, 2017, 12:52 Task

The proposal is an interesting idea at least... Might be more practical for the individual developer to decide how accessible make their piece of entertainment.

The political discussion going on in this thread too is so odd. All ya'll are going to be doing this same thing every 4 years no matter who it is which has become a sad guarantee - its always about 'my guy is in, yours isnt' - the political arena in the U.S. has been a mess for a long time. Trump supporters, for example, can't take it when people make fun of Trump even though they may have done so toward Obama since it wasn't 'their' candidate. I personally don't know how anyone can like either Hillary or Trump, they are both liars and worse things than that.

News Comments > Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus DLC Roadmap
4. Re: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus DLC Roadmap Nov 13, 2017, 22:45 Task

Hmm, I didn't get a feeling that its short so far. Although it may be taking me way longer to complete on the hardest difficulty I have available at the moment since its easier to sneak around and avoid heavy combat on that difficulty (when a level allows for it). Steam says I completed New Order in 12 hrs, and Old Blood in 5 hrs, so far I have 13 with Colossus and have not completed the main story yet. It seems they added padding perhaps to make it seem longer, like with assassinating Uber Commanders on recycled levels.  

News Comments > Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus DLC Roadmap
1. Re: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus DLC Roadmap Nov 13, 2017, 21:11 Task

I bought the collector version of this, too bad the season pass didn't come with it for the price tag - oh well.

Been playing it on the second hardest difficulty and man the Court Room level alone will completely test your skills to the max, must have died at least 50 times. Overall this, this game is a blast. I love how absurd it all is, Nazi's in SPaaaaace!

If the fps mayhem, level design, and cutscenes are just as good as the main games, I'll probably get this expansion stuff at some point.

They could pretty much follow this game up for a while, I mean the Naaazi's have conquered the damn Solar System lol. They could use any plot point and make it work, Nazi's discover a worm hole and escape to another planet or dimension, lol. The imagination is the limit.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Grind Complaints
43. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Grind Complaints Nov 13, 2017, 14:45 Task

I don't remember a grind in the original Battlefronts. The changes made to modern multiplayer games definitely have driven me towards single-player games in the past years. Its very odd to see this whole 'loot box' craze sneak into single-player games now too though, like that LOTR game.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII Released
12. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Released Nov 3, 2017, 18:12 Task

Its the same formula as any other CoD game or the first WW2 ones, so it seems just 'fine' to me. I'd probably get it for the SP at least at some point. Pure schlock is fun sometimes. I definitely remember playing CoD 1 back in the day.

The only thing that sucks to me as that since much of the new younger generations consume media like this, I wonder if they think that 'this' is what WW2 was. These games are not exactly known for their history lessons lol.

Still it would be a real twist if they actually made these games with campaigns from multiple sides, including the Axis. The budget for that would probably be ginormous with the cinematics they went for this time around - now that I think about it.

News Comments > Visceral Closing; Star Wars Game Changing Direction
31. Re: Visceral Closing; Star Wars Game Changing Direction Oct 18, 2017, 08:25 Task

Not sure why people are saying a linear Star Wars game would be bad. Games like the Uncharted series and The Last of Us did pretty well. I actually picked up a used copy of Uncharted 1 for my PS3 the first time to see what the games are like and they are pretty fun, like playing through an over the top Indiana Jones adventure.

Star Wars 1313 could have been pretty interesting too if it was about just some random new character made-up, not a force user, living it up in the Star Wars universe dealing with tertiary stuff and not having anything to do with main characters from the movies. And now its dead for good it seems.

2960 Comments. 148 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo