Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Luke

Real Name Luke   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Task
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 29, 2007, 09:10
Total Comments 2991 (Senior)
User ID 37119

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse

7. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 28, 2018, 14:44 Task

Beamer wrote on Feb 28, 2018, 13:10:
The show really needs to distance itself from the shadow of the games to work for the fans of the games, who would likely be the ones controlling initial buzz of the show.

Getting rid of Dandelion would be a start, haha. Again, I only know TW3, so maybe he doesn't suck in every other appearance, but he was the worst part of TW3.

The fact that characters like Milva and Cahir are some of the characters I think means this will be following the saga in the books, as in all the events that happened before Witcher 1-3, the games being the 'extended universe' saga.

For those that haven't read the books, I won't give it away if you don't like spoilers for those characters - there's a reason they are not around in the games. I would avoid reading the book wiki on them as well if you don't want to know yet.

Also Jaskier is Dandelion. Its his original name from the Polish books. Jaskier literally means "Buttercup" but when it was translated they thought it was too "feminine" for English readers, so huge kudos to sticking with the original names.

Lauren Schmidt Hissrich is also the writer for Daredevil on Netflix so there's some some hope ya'll - plus she describes the characters spot on from the books, she did her homework. I can't imagine this being worse than the TV Series that was made in Poland a long time ago, that would take effort.

As for Zoltan and other Dwarves, they had only a passing role on Geralt and Friends journey in the original Saga. Zoltan did give Geralt his sword though when he traveled with Zoltan's Dwarven company. Hopefully if they cover that part of the book where they travel East from the Yaruga they will include this part.

This comment was edited on Feb 28, 2018, 15:02.

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse

2. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 28, 2018, 10:16 Task

Holy crap, judging by the characters they announced are in the series means it will be a book adaptation after all... I hope. This could be really good news!

From the article: Geralt, Yennefer, Ciri, Triss, Milva, Regis, Vilgefortz, Emhyr, Cahir, Jaskier (Dandelion), Leo Bonhart, Roach.

It'll be interesting to see if they are actually going to start from Geralt's early adventures, the short adventure/monster of the week parts, or the saga it self, or perhaps the saga and flashbacks to the short stories.. hmmm.

News Comments > Into the Breach Released

7. Re: Into the Breach Released Feb 28, 2018, 09:33 Task

Got it as well on Humble Bundle - been playing FTL recently too, 22 hrs logged over recent weeks and I died everytime as per usual :o. The perfect game to take with me on my Macbook Pro and this one runs fine on it too after quickly testing it last night.  

News Comments > BATTLETECH in April

12. Re: BATTLETECH in April Feb 28, 2018, 09:23 Task

Not every game is flawless and expecting one to be in this day age of game development is setting the expectations pretty high for oneself.

I am aware of the KS update where not everything is in the initial release, I am a backer after all, but first of all - I went in knowing a Kickstarter investment is not a promise and second of all, I don't care really if some extra features are initially missing since this is a Battletech title and I can finally wash the bad taste of the only current thing that pretends to be "Battletech" (also pretends to be "Mech Warrior") *cough* MWO *cough* away. Plus, I played the Beta for quite a while and had fun with just Skirmishing AI and messing around with the game files to mod. They are also a small studio that I trust to support the games they release after its out. But, that's only my sentiment as an individual. CJ can have his/her own.

It would be the equivalent if someone else were allowed to finally make a traditional Fallout game, like the old ones.

News Comments > PC CHRONO TRIGGER Released

11. Re: PC CHRONO TRIGGER Released Feb 28, 2018, 08:35 Task

MattyC wrote on Feb 28, 2018, 05:56:
Jagacademy wrote on Feb 27, 2018, 21:20:
Port of the mobile version, godawful on PCs.

What is so bad about the mobile version.

The menu UI/font and scaling of the pixel art.

Not sure why they did not just port the PS1 version. I have both the SNES and PS1 versions on my RPi3, so I don't think I'll be needing this mobile port...

News Comments > BATTLETECH in April

5. Re: BATTLETECH in April Feb 27, 2018, 23:49 Task

Much hyperbole CJ.  

News Comments > Age of Empires: Definitive Edition Released

10. Re: Age of Empires: Definitive Edition Released Feb 21, 2018, 09:40 Task

CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 21, 2018, 09:02:
Windows store + UWP make this an instant NO-BUY.

It's also sad that the clowns at MS are only able to re-release ancient shit as PC exclusives instead of risking some money on genuinely new PC projects.

I'm glad they are doing anything with AoE really. They are also making AoE IV too you know, that'll be something 'new' at least in this series.

Personally I'm more upset that Microsoft is doing nothing with MechWarrior, not even remasters or simply making the originals compatible on modern systems for release on GoG. The IP is just dead and rotting at this point, and that MW5 and MWO don't count to me since there is literally nothing innovative or next-gen about them.

9. Re: Age of Empires: Definitive Edition Released Feb 21, 2018, 09:35 Task

Numinar wrote on Feb 21, 2018, 02:18:
What? There already was one of there?

I'm not sure what Creston is talking about, but this is the first time AoE 1 has been "HD"-ified as far as I know.

Perhaps AoE 2 HD (on Steam) was meant to be inferred - that was made by the same folks as this - the "Forgotten Empires" developer I think took over the series after the collaboration with Hidden Path Entertainment and SkyBox Labs. They are also doing an AoE 2 DE, which I assume will have all the recently released expansions on steam included.

My only gripe with this AoE 1 remaster is I wish they would have simply updated the pixel art, but they did include a toggle that let's you play with the original graphics.

3. Re: Age of Empires: Definitive Edition Released Feb 20, 2018, 23:04 Task

Same as original, so bots in SP or MP.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10

13. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 20, 2018, 11:29 Task

Quinn wrote on Feb 19, 2018, 12:07:
Oh shit.. now I wanna tell you all about the brewing mechanism...

Fuck it. Buy the game. XP

Is it like Witcher 1 where you can "guess" a potion by combining ingredients at random?

I'm not surprised the game seemingly has a Gothic inspiration (which is a good thing) considering its a Euro-RPG. The devs said early on they inspired by CD Red's Witcher series, and CD Red were also inspired by Piranha Bytes.

News Comments > Remastered System Shock on Hiatus

49. Re: Remastered System Shock on Hiatus Feb 18, 2018, 09:46 Task

I have the same outlook as Jeryk.

My backed projects to date and not all of these are games:

Delivered/Successful
Torment
Divinity Original Sin 2
Wasteland 2
Shadowrun: Hong Kong
Wasteland Playing Cards
Numenera: Into The Ninth World
Bring Back Mystery Science Theater 3000
Riding Bean High Octane Edition Anime Blu-ray

In Process/Dev
Battletech
System Shock
Copper Dreams
Arcadian Atlas
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
Toejam and Earl: Back in the Groove
The Bards Tale IV
The Arthurian Playing Cards
Simulacra Games: The Wilson Wolfe Affair

Usually I'm confident the product will deliver for what I backed, but at the same time I understand the risks - in general I still support KS as a platform.

This comment was edited on Feb 18, 2018, 10:15.

News Comments > Remastered System Shock on Hiatus

10. Re: Remastered System Shock on Hiatus Feb 16, 2018, 21:02 Task

Hmm, unfortunately this marks the first time a KS I backed might not pan out. That's the nature of this stuff I guess, usually Board Games and PnP these days on KS are far more prevalent.

Crossing my fingers they get a publisher deal to inject money into finishing it at least. Otherwise I can live with playing the original.

News Comments > Senator Presses FTC and ESRB on Loot Boxes

17. Re: Senator Presses FTC and ESRB on Loot Boxes Feb 15, 2018, 16:29 Task

It would be nice if publishers/developers simply stopped adding loot boxes as a thing. Thankfully I can still choose games that simply don't have it, at this point in time. Heck, they even added lootboxes to one game I despise above all others, even more than Elder Scrolls and Elder Scrolls: Fallout, and that would be MWO - Mech Warrior is dead as a franchise as far as I'm concerned when its currently base wish for "MWO2" - "Please Sir, could I have some more F2P Grind and Lootboxes!"  

News Comments > etc., etc.

5. Re: etc., etc. Feb 14, 2018, 22:57 Task

Seeing as CD Projekt seems to treat an IP with respect to its source, a Star Wars RPG in their style would be interesting. But really any Star Wars game, imo, would be welcome for any genre by established developers: RTS, FPS (Jedi Knight), Adventure, Space Sim, Arcade Sim (i.e., another Rogue Squad, ideally for Switch pleas). Plenty of possibilities to explore like there used to be a long time ago.  

News Comments > etc., etc.

1. Re: etc., etc. Feb 14, 2018, 19:51 Task

Disney should simply allow more publishers a chance at the Star Wars IP. Some are bound to be shit, while others might be Gold.  

News Comments > etc.

4. Re: etc. Feb 14, 2018, 12:08 Task

Not understanding the appeal of a Call of Duty film, since every entry is pretty different, and they are essentially interactive over-the-top-Bay films in game format.  

News Comments > THQ Nordic Buying Koch Media

11. Re: THQ Nordic Buying Koch Media Feb 14, 2018, 12:05 Task

Wasn't it THQ that went bankrupt back in the day? Apparently CD Projekt dodged a bullet and made the right call back then by not signing a contract with them for Witcher 2.

(found the article regarding the above)

News Comments > Kingdom Come: Deliverance Delivered

13. Re: Open and empty... Feb 14, 2018, 09:46 Task

Jagacademy wrote on Feb 14, 2018, 09:13:
When I think of an "open world" game, I think of Elder Scrolls, Fallout, etc, where there is a lot to discover.

In other words games where you can let your brain go on auto-pilot, not much thought, little C&C, crafting and junk collecting, discovering skeletons in 'poses' that tell deep stories, etc. Since you know, Bethesda - Bethesda Never Changes.

News Comments > Kingdom Come: Deliverance Delivered

7. Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance Delivered Feb 14, 2018, 00:18 Task

Wolfenstein II: 16k
Resident Evil 7: 18k
ELEX: 23k
Prey: 25k
Kingdom Come: Deliverance: 68k
Total Warhammer II: 72k
Divinity: Original Sin II: 93k
PUBG: 3236k

Pretty impressive for a first time Indie title going all in on 'aaa'-RPG vibe. Probably because there really isn't much like this setting on the market with more realistic mechanics (or trying to pass as that anyways). It seems like once the quirks/kinks are worked out (apparently there will be another patch in 2 weeks), this seems like one of those European Cult Classic RPG scenarios. Thinking back to the days of things like Gothic 1 and Witcher 1 then inspired by that.

Man it would be sweet if they made the next game, if this does well, and transported the setting further back to Magna Germania or 8th Century England during the Viking Invasions. There's some definite possibilities for this type of game, if it does pretty well for them, with the more niche historical simulation game this is trying to be.

News Comments > Game Reviews

1. Re: Game Reviews Feb 13, 2018, 19:13 Task

I've read a few reviews so far, including Game Nexus, Game Watcher, PC Gamer, and RPS for Kingdom Come and they all sound positive on the historical world and intricate 'realism'-esque mechanics built in the game. It definitely sounds like it'll be a cult classic sort of game in the RPG genre with quirks but plenty of charm.

"Historical Simulation with RPG Elements" is exactly what I've wanted to see made for a long time, although Warband is close it is more akin to a Sandbox which is fine too - overall its refreshing seeing European RPG's that try new things. I also love how the UI and all the artwork in the game looks specific to the period.

2991 Comments. 150 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >