Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Luke

Real Name Luke   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Task
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 29, 2007, 09:10
Total Comments 2962 (Senior)
User ID 37119

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Released
8. Re: Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Released Mar 9, 2018, 09:10 Task

Looks neat  

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 8, 2018, 23:37 Task

Personally I think the nicknames Barbecued Brutus, Agent Orange, Trumplethinskin, Dubious Caesar, Orange Caligula, or Fuckface von Clownstick are are more fitting than Drumpf, which rolls off the tongue weird.  

News Comments > White House Games Summit Details
6. Re: White House Games Summit Details Mar 8, 2018, 12:12 Task

Cutter wrote on Mar 8, 2018, 11:14:
Someone just needs to make a VR pussygrabbing game for him and he'll change his tune.

Already exists. It's called VRChat.

News Comments > Grim Dawn: Forgotten Gods Revealed
20. Re: Grim Dawn: Forgotten Gods Revealed Mar 6, 2018, 10:21 Task

Slashman wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 08:32:
I don't get the fixation on Legendary items before they are supposed to drop and I don't think the game is particularly boring to start if you play on veteran. The game has a ton of optional content such that you can vary each playthrough significantly if you include hidden quests, roguelike dungeons, optional areas and bounties.

Same here, I don't particularly care if I don't get some super item thing in an ARPG. I just play them for a challenge and the fun of it. With D1, D2, and D3 I played them literally once to complete the single player and that was it. But understandably people play these aRPGs for differing reasons. I don't have Grim Dawn, but if the SP is pretty challenging/meaty I might consider trying this game - full price $24.99 sounds reasonable if there is lot's of content.

News Comments > On CHRONO TRIGGER PC Issues
12. Re: On CHRONO TRIGGER PC Issues Mar 6, 2018, 09:23 Task

*shrug* Just stick with the original copies if you have them?

I own the Final Fantasy Chronicles collection, which comes with the PS1 Chrono Trigger version. I also have it backed up on iso for use on my RPi3 and the SNES ROM.

News Comments > Evening Previews
4. Re: Evening Previews Mar 3, 2018, 09:54 Task

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 2, 2018, 23:03:
Waiting for Christian Gamer review of this beauty.

Judging by their reviews of Far Cry 2 and 3 (Blood Dragon) (very low 'morality' scores), I don't think it'll be much different for 5.

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Into the Black Mar 3, 2018, 09:49 Task

Looks unique to me, like old school 18th Century hairdos. I imagine it would be a lot rounder, like an afro, without the hairpins she uses.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 2, 2018, 10:03 Task

jdreyer wrote on Mar 1, 2018, 23:23:

I assume she submitted the script for the pilot?

Also from her Twitter feed:

So much hate today from those telling me I'm going to destroy #TheWitcher. It's sad that these people don't follow me. They aren't versed on anything but one or two tweets that someone has posted on some website, without context, leading to utter hysteria.

To which I can say, Welcome to the Internet!

Sorry, yeah the script for the pilot.

News Comments > Trump Calls Game Meeting
25. Re: Trump Calls Game Meeting Mar 2, 2018, 10:00 Task

Saboth wrote on Mar 1, 2018, 22:14:
The man needs to be removed from office before he destroys our economy.

While I agree, the U.S. economy has slowly decayed for a few decades now. A slow motion cliff dive or kicking the can down the road. There's also this report that suggests the Fed won't be able to bail out anything during a next recession.

Trumps "Budget" Summarized

Older article but good, Why the US has really gone broke (tldr, High Military Spending Drains Innovation, Investment and Manufacturing Strength from the Civilian Economy)

The multiple still ongoing military 'adventures' debt will be thrown onto the shoulders of our children and their children and so on. I think in at least a couple more generations though the U.S. will probably go through a change as younger generations take over and try something new.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 1, 2018, 17:07 Task

Hey ya'll, some more news on the Witcher Netflix. Lauren S. Hissrich posted today the submission of the pilot for season 1 to Netflix. She also confirmed the short stories starting in Last Wish and Sword of Destiny will be presented instead of jumping straight to Blood of Elves. Smart move considering they give more context to the characters introduced in Blood of Elves.

From her twitter, "The short stories will be represented, and there will be lots of blood and gore!" She had a teaser photo in response with the Last Wish at her hip. There's also new character tweets, one of which is Yarpen which might confirm the short story "The Bounds of Reason"

News Comments > Into the Breach Released
12. Re: Into the Breach Released Feb 28, 2018, 14:56 Task

jdreyer wrote on Feb 28, 2018, 13:48:
Task wrote on Feb 28, 2018, 09:33:
Got it as well on Humble Bundle - been playing FTL recently too, 22 hrs logged over recent weeks and I died everytime as per usual :o. The perfect game to take with me on my Macbook Pro and this one runs fine on it too after quickly testing it last night.

Dying too much: what difficulty? Where are you dying: beginning, middle, end? I always go for Shields and engines first. Preventing damage is so much cheaper than fixing it. Never hesitate to get a burst laser 2. Combined with a beam weapon and judicious use of the pause button, it's a devastating pair.

I find that my laptop runs FTL fine, but that it sucks battery life, moreso than similar games like GSB. Hopefully ItB is better optimized.

I bring my plug for the laptop, but anyways I'm just bad at the game, bad luck, bad decisions. I generally know what I do wrong though. I've been watching VanguardOfValor to get better. One key thing I never did before was just stop to pause more often, pausing is definitely key.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 28, 2018, 14:44 Task

Beamer wrote on Feb 28, 2018, 13:10:
The show really needs to distance itself from the shadow of the games to work for the fans of the games, who would likely be the ones controlling initial buzz of the show.

Getting rid of Dandelion would be a start, haha. Again, I only know TW3, so maybe he doesn't suck in every other appearance, but he was the worst part of TW3.

The fact that characters like Milva and Cahir are some of the characters I think means this will be following the saga in the books, as in all the events that happened before Witcher 1-3, the games being the 'extended universe' saga.

For those that haven't read the books, I won't give it away if you don't like spoilers for those characters - there's a reason they are not around in the games. I would avoid reading the book wiki on them as well if you don't want to know yet.

Also Jaskier is Dandelion. Its his original name from the Polish books. Jaskier literally means "Buttercup" but when it was translated they thought it was too "feminine" for English readers, so huge kudos to sticking with the original names.

Lauren Schmidt Hissrich is also the writer for Daredevil on Netflix so there's some some hope ya'll - plus she describes the characters spot on from the books, she did her homework. I can't imagine this being worse than the TV Series that was made in Poland a long time ago, that would take effort.

As for Zoltan and other Dwarves, they had only a passing role on Geralt and Friends journey in the original Saga. Zoltan did give Geralt his sword though when he traveled with Zoltan's Dwarven company. Hopefully if they cover that part of the book where they travel East from the Yaruga they will include this part.

This comment was edited on Feb 28, 2018, 15:02.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 28, 2018, 10:16 Task

Holy crap, judging by the characters they announced are in the series means it will be a book adaptation after all... I hope. This could be really good news!

From the article: Geralt, Yennefer, Ciri, Triss, Milva, Regis, Vilgefortz, Emhyr, Cahir, Jaskier (Dandelion), Leo Bonhart, Roach.

It'll be interesting to see if they are actually going to start from Geralt's early adventures, the short adventure/monster of the week parts, or the saga it self, or perhaps the saga and flashbacks to the short stories.. hmmm.

News Comments > Into the Breach Released
7. Re: Into the Breach Released Feb 28, 2018, 09:33 Task

Got it as well on Humble Bundle - been playing FTL recently too, 22 hrs logged over recent weeks and I died everytime as per usual :o. The perfect game to take with me on my Macbook Pro and this one runs fine on it too after quickly testing it last night.  

News Comments > BATTLETECH in April
12. Re: BATTLETECH in April Feb 28, 2018, 09:23 Task

Not every game is flawless and expecting one to be in this day age of game development is setting the expectations pretty high for oneself.

I am aware of the KS update where not everything is in the initial release, I am a backer after all, but first of all - I went in knowing a Kickstarter investment is not a promise and second of all, I don't care really if some extra features are initially missing since this is a Battletech title and I can finally wash the bad taste of the only current thing that pretends to be "Battletech" (also pretends to be "Mech Warrior") *cough* MWO *cough* away. Plus, I played the Beta for quite a while and had fun with just Skirmishing AI and messing around with the game files to mod. They are also a small studio that I trust to support the games they release after its out. But, that's only my sentiment as an individual. CJ can have his/her own.

It would be the equivalent if someone else were allowed to finally make a traditional Fallout game, like the old ones.

News Comments > PC CHRONO TRIGGER Released
11. Re: PC CHRONO TRIGGER Released Feb 28, 2018, 08:35 Task

MattyC wrote on Feb 28, 2018, 05:56:
Jagacademy wrote on Feb 27, 2018, 21:20:
Port of the mobile version, godawful on PCs.

What is so bad about the mobile version.

The menu UI/font and scaling of the pixel art.

Not sure why they did not just port the PS1 version. I have both the SNES and PS1 versions on my RPi3, so I don't think I'll be needing this mobile port...

News Comments > BATTLETECH in April
5. Re: BATTLETECH in April Feb 27, 2018, 23:49 Task

Much hyperbole CJ.  

News Comments > Age of Empires: Definitive Edition Released
10. Re: Age of Empires: Definitive Edition Released Feb 21, 2018, 09:40 Task

CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 21, 2018, 09:02:
Windows store + UWP make this an instant NO-BUY.

It's also sad that the clowns at MS are only able to re-release ancient shit as PC exclusives instead of risking some money on genuinely new PC projects.

I'm glad they are doing anything with AoE really. They are also making AoE IV too you know, that'll be something 'new' at least in this series.

Personally I'm more upset that Microsoft is doing nothing with MechWarrior, not even remasters or simply making the originals compatible on modern systems for release on GoG. The IP is just dead and rotting at this point, and that MW5 and MWO don't count to me since there is literally nothing innovative or next-gen about them.

9. Re: Age of Empires: Definitive Edition Released Feb 21, 2018, 09:35 Task

Numinar wrote on Feb 21, 2018, 02:18:
What? There already was one of there?

I'm not sure what Creston is talking about, but this is the first time AoE 1 has been "HD"-ified as far as I know.

Perhaps AoE 2 HD (on Steam) was meant to be inferred - that was made by the same folks as this - the "Forgotten Empires" developer I think took over the series after the collaboration with Hidden Path Entertainment and SkyBox Labs. They are also doing an AoE 2 DE, which I assume will have all the recently released expansions on steam included.

My only gripe with this AoE 1 remaster is I wish they would have simply updated the pixel art, but they did include a toggle that let's you play with the original graphics.

3. Re: Age of Empires: Definitive Edition Released Feb 20, 2018, 23:04 Task

Same as original, so bots in SP or MP.  

2962 Comments. 149 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo