Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Luke

Real Name Luke   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Task
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 29, 2007, 09:10
Total Comments 2976 (Senior)
User ID 37119

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > It Came from E3 2018, Part 3
4. Re: It Came from E3 2018, Part 3 Jun 13, 2018, 12:43 Task

Bethsoft doesn't 'know' Fallout in general. They know pipboys, vaultboy, Nukes are for super cool funtimes, Super Mutants can be anywhere 'What's FEV?'. That's it. Its a generic, offshoot Goofy Post-Apoc Game Series with the core game loop being Explore/Combat/Gather dressed up in Fallout's clothes.

Really the only thing that seemed interesting to me from the NoClip Doc on F76 is that they are adding all the weird folklore creatures like Mothman, etc. But knowing how they build games now, they will be creatures to get a trophy, rather than any sort of weird, super involved quest with branching paths. Deep RPG or Story is just not what they excel at, which sucks since Fallout will never be like that again.

Edit: Also wanted to add, I think F76 will do well for a subset of people. Essentially those that like Survival and PvP/e games, since that's what it is.

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Shadow of the Tomb Raider Trailers
1. Re: Shadow of the Tomb Raider Trailers Jun 12, 2018, 00:06 Task

With that first video, I really hope they don't railroad you into completing an area by killing everybody to advance. An option to bypass them all with stealth would be nice.  

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer
58. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Jun 11, 2018, 20:48 Task

Check out this vid folks, its so good!

Cyberpunk 2077, as told by Ciri

55. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Jun 11, 2018, 18:34 Task

Osc8r wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 18:24:
Sounds like they abandoned co-op/multiplayer? Pfft. Oh well, fallout, wolf and dead island 2 it is

There is some leaked info from 8 months ago on multiplayer:

"CD Projekt RED is working to implement a “social hub” in the game that will allow players to interact with one another. The game’s multiplayer has already been described as seamless by the developer, and channel host Madqueen adds that the social hub is going to be “the most important bridge between forever alone single player version and the multiplayer version of the game”

I would wait until the full reveal on the 12th however for better information.

52. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Jun 11, 2018, 16:16 Task

Cutter wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 13:36:
Has anyone actually played the PnP game or is just really familiar with what Pondsmith has created?

Haven't played it no, but have read about it and acquired the source books just to read them ever since this was announced in 2013. For an opinion from someone who has played Cyberpunk PnP though and their reaction to this game trailer, I would recommend this video from Henley.

50. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Jun 11, 2018, 15:45 Task

I've watched this trailer 5 times already. A few more times and I'll be set I think.  

28. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Jun 11, 2018, 13:05 Task

Cutter wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 11:35:

Well that's not good. It doesn't have to have Bladerunner's glacial pacing but I don't want anything near as spasmodic and shallow as a Tarantino flick. I'm not heavy into the genre and only really read stuff by Gibson and Stephenson so I don't know really know how Pondsmith comes down on all of it. I do think that we all have our own ideas about what Cyberpunk is however. I fully admit I see a more dark, neogothic, neon world where it's shiny on the surface and seemy underneath. And where those two worlds intersect is where your character should be with one foot in each. Shadowrun-ish in other words.

It's good in the sense if you understand that CD Red is interesting in adapting well known creations as perfectly as they can, they are obsessed with that. We all know that this game is based on a PnP by Pondsmith by now, and they are obsessed with bringing that to life in the same way the Witcher games are almost an exact recreation of the Witcher novels in a video game format to the point where the characters in the game are nearly exactly as they are described from the novels.

That's why 2077 is not pure Blade Runner, it is based on the Punk 2020 setting, which was not described as purely bleak and instead borrows from multiple settings. CD Red also said they are borrowing ideas from all of these: William Gibson, Blade Runner, Deus Ex 1 (they mention the first specifically) and System Shock 1&2, and Ghost in The Shell, plus mainly Cyberpunk 2020 PnP. Basically a melting pot of all retro-future fiction up to this point.

7. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Jun 11, 2018, 10:57 Task

Mateus Kanik, "There are lots of cyber games around, but there’s not a lot of punk in those games. We want to put more punk into ours. We do not want to make a dark and hopeless world. We are not doing Blade Runner. It will be full of rock and roll.” Stepien concluded: “It’s more like a Tarantino approach.”

Most anticipated game for me. But damn, I'd LOVE for CD Red to do Fallout since they actually make RPGs or aRPGs.

News Comments > Starfield Announced
17. Re: Starfield Announced Jun 11, 2018, 08:35 Task

ShadowofWard wrote on Jun 10, 2018, 23:44:
This E3 was 99% disappointment and 1% ecstasy. This really might be the right time to give up gaming and maybe come back in 3 years.

Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer - The only thing that excited me this E3. Not that this a popularity contest, but the views on this video compared to F76 and the Starfield Teaser are twice as much.

News Comments > Fallout 76 Trailer
7. Re: Fallout 76 Trailer Jun 11, 2018, 00:15 Task

Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 00:10:
Bluesnews: FALLOUT IS DEAD! YOU RUINED MY CHILDHOOD!

Fallout has been 'dead' for a long time. The Elder Scrolls Fallout types are just a generic Wasteland game with Vault Boys.

News Comments > Fallout 76 Trailer
4. Re: Fallout 76 Trailer Jun 11, 2018, 00:00 Task

Haha, jeez. I'm so sorry Tim Caine, but Fallout as it was originally is definitely dead.

"My idea is to explore more of the world and more of the ethics of a post-nuclear world, not to make a better plasma gun."

Exploring the ethics of post-nuclear world of Fallout 76 with Nuclear Silos to set against your fellow players. Much ethics.

News Comments > Battlefield V Battle Royale Confirmed
8. Re: Battlefield V Battle Royale Confirmed Jun 9, 2018, 18:25 Task

Pleeeease have joystick support Day 1 so I can fly that 109.  

News Comments > Total War: THREE KINGDOMS Gameplay Trailer
1. Re: Total War: THREE KINGDOMS Gameplay Trailer Jun 8, 2018, 19:15 Task

Hopefully a 64-bit engine this time. Also hoping for 4 sides for sieging a city. And it looked like the soldiers had ropes or ladders, it would be nice to know if that is physical equipment you must build for a siege as it should be.  

News Comments > Does Vampyr Suck?
15. Re: Does Vampyr Suck? Jun 5, 2018, 13:19 Task

Looks its destined to be a Cult Classic.  

News Comments > Battlefield V Details
10. Re: Battlefield V Details Jun 4, 2018, 17:05 Task

I read this last week. For once I'm interested in a BF game again, I learned my lesson with pre-ordering since BF3 though - they are always buggy on release. I really hope they at least have joystick support Day 1.  

News Comments > Xenonauts Free with GOG.com Summer Sale
2. Re: Xenonauts Free with GOG.com Summer Sale Jun 4, 2018, 12:26 Task

I like it better than Neu-XCOM. More freedom to build bases.  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Odyssey Revealed
10. Re: Assassin's Creed Odyssey Revealed Jun 1, 2018, 10:28 Task

Every Assassin's Creed has fiction in it. Isn't the entire background about Ancient Aliens? All the "gods" usually turn out to be an Alien species.  

News Comments > Fallout 76 Revealed
41. Re: Fallout 76 Revealed May 31, 2018, 12:58 Task

In fairness, Fallout 3 & Fallout 4 are pretty bad 'RPGs' and worse at being the Fallout Tim Cain envisioned (I.E. games about exploring ethics, society rebuilding, etc. not "making a better plasma gun") and FO3, FO4, and Vegas unfortunately have existed on a bad game engine for a decade. The franchise has gone the way of "now-gen" simplified and "peggle-ization" that Todd Howard enjoys.  

News Comments > Fallout 76 Revealed
15. Re: Fallout 76 Revealed May 30, 2018, 23:20 Task

bigspender wrote on May 30, 2018, 22:39:
awww I was hoping for a 1976 themed fallout game. That's when military stuff started to get really cool.

Not sure how that even makes sense though considering the Fallout time is completely divergent from our own. The events of '1976' in Fallout, including the technology, are very different from ours, where no matter what that timeline always leads to how it is depicted from the 1950s and onto the post-nuclear disasters from 2077.

2976 Comments. 149 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo