Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Luke

Real Name Luke   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Task
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 29, 2007, 09:10
Total Comments 2960 (Senior)
User ID 37119

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > It Came from E3 2018, Part 5
4. Re: It Came from E3 2018, Part 5 Jun 14, 2018, 11:46 Task

Paying more attention to E3 this year made me realize why I stopped in the past. Getting over-hyped on things sets expectations too high man. Was also hoping to see FF7, Metroid Prime 4, and the new Switch "main" Pokemon game, but there was Nada.

Also even with my blackened heart with Bethesda, I may give F76 a chance since it goes further away from RPG which they haven't nailed in a long time anyways and it seems more like an experimental offshoot like Tactics. Bethesda for Explore games, CD Red for Deeper Narrative C&C RPG.

Other stuff that peaked my interest besides mainly Cyberpunk: Octopath Traveler, Super Smash Ultimate, Ghost of Tsushima, Last of Us Part 2

Shrug on Starfield and Elder Scrolls 6, straight up teases.

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > It Came from E3 2018, Part 3
23. Re: It Came from E3 2018, Part 3 Jun 13, 2018, 17:10 Task

Slick wrote on Jun 13, 2018, 15:57:
cozying up to North Korea... Most of my faith in humanity is dangling by a fucking thread.

It's a shame about people whining about Battlefield 5 and women in games, but the whole thing with the Caligula being "cozy" to NK is not correct. The whole peace process with North Korea is being driven by South Korea not Caligula, because their people are tired of U.S. belligerence with North Korea. The South Korean president has been the main driver of peace between both sides, especially when SK started to go on their own when Caligula claimed he would "totally destroy North Korea" (I.E. advocating complete genocide).

I have friends that teach in South Korea and there are tons of protesters that want peace. And it's easy to see why, people across the globe can't even begin to understand that they are a common people, with many families in the South cut off from their descendants in the North, and why everything happened up to this point.

I too think the Orange is a Big Man Baby, but people should be happier that South Korea was able to reign him in and get him to do this peace process. Let Koreans find common ground. Moon Jae should be awarded a Nobel Peace Prize, not Caligula.

But anyways, this thread quickly turned from E3 to not E3.

14. Re: It Came from E3 2018, Part 3 Jun 13, 2018, 14:41 Task

Beamer wrote on Jun 13, 2018, 14:20:
Fallout has always been there, done that.

That's an easter egg random encounter. I know what you are getting at, but in the noclip doc they made it sound like the Mothman and other Boogeyman things are a big deal, but didn't say in what way.

7. Re: It Came from E3 2018, Part 3 Jun 13, 2018, 13:20 Task

jdreyer wrote on Jun 13, 2018, 13:05:
We watched 50 minutes of uncut Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay and interviewed CD Projekt about it • Eurogamer.net.

Cyberpunk 2077 is a mature game intended for a mature audience, CD Projekt said, and as as a result features full frontal nudity.

DAY ONE PURCHASE

Lol, I know you're being sarcastic, but there are way more awesome things I've picked up on from those impressions that this would be a Day 1 Purchase for me. The focus on even more immersive dialogue and the ability to diffuse or escalate situations in a more fluid way sounds amazing to me. Or stunning an opponent, and hacking them and their buddies if they are 'networked', then disable their guns if those are networked too.

The whole immersive HUD thing where different kinds of information show up depending on what you install sounds like the Deus Ex / Ghost in The Shell mash-up game of my dreams. They even said stuff about having out of body experiences when your eye is being upgraded, so your vision gets all whacky seeing two different perspectives.If they include the ability to simply hack someone's vision so they can't even see you without the need to wear some sort of cloaking gear would be amazing. PLUS if they are also thinking about VR support with how immersive the FPS part is supposed to be, then holy dong doodles man. I want it!

Also hopefully they show actual gameplay some time this year. I would also like to know if they are implementing having too much cybernetics affecting your character and going over the edge and ultimately losing your humanity.

4. Re: It Came from E3 2018, Part 3 Jun 13, 2018, 12:43 Task

Bethsoft doesn't 'know' Fallout in general. They know pipboys, vaultboy, Nukes are for super cool funtimes, Super Mutants can be anywhere 'What's FEV?'. That's it. Its a generic, offshoot Goofy Post-Apoc Game Series with the core game loop being Explore/Combat/Gather dressed up in Fallout's clothes.

Really the only thing that seemed interesting to me from the NoClip Doc on F76 is that they are adding all the weird folklore creatures like Mothman, etc. But knowing how they build games now, they will be creatures to get a trophy, rather than any sort of weird, super involved quest with branching paths. Deep RPG or Story is just not what they excel at, which sucks since Fallout will never be like that again.

Edit: Also wanted to add, I think F76 will do well for a subset of people. Essentially those that like Survival and PvP/e games, since that's what it is.

News Comments > Shadow of the Tomb Raider Trailers
1. Re: Shadow of the Tomb Raider Trailers Jun 12, 2018, 00:06 Task

With that first video, I really hope they don't railroad you into completing an area by killing everybody to advance. An option to bypass them all with stealth would be nice.  

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer
58. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Jun 11, 2018, 20:48 Task

Check out this vid folks, its so good!

Cyberpunk 2077, as told by Ciri

55. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Jun 11, 2018, 18:34 Task

Osc8r wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 18:24:
Sounds like they abandoned co-op/multiplayer? Pfft. Oh well, fallout, wolf and dead island 2 it is

There is some leaked info from 8 months ago on multiplayer:

"CD Projekt RED is working to implement a “social hub” in the game that will allow players to interact with one another. The game’s multiplayer has already been described as seamless by the developer, and channel host Madqueen adds that the social hub is going to be “the most important bridge between forever alone single player version and the multiplayer version of the game”

I would wait until the full reveal on the 12th however for better information.

52. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Jun 11, 2018, 16:16 Task

Cutter wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 13:36:
Has anyone actually played the PnP game or is just really familiar with what Pondsmith has created?

Haven't played it no, but have read about it and acquired the source books just to read them ever since this was announced in 2013. For an opinion from someone who has played Cyberpunk PnP though and their reaction to this game trailer, I would recommend this video from Henley.

50. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Jun 11, 2018, 15:45 Task

I've watched this trailer 5 times already. A few more times and I'll be set I think.  

28. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Jun 11, 2018, 13:05 Task

Cutter wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 11:35:

Well that's not good. It doesn't have to have Bladerunner's glacial pacing but I don't want anything near as spasmodic and shallow as a Tarantino flick. I'm not heavy into the genre and only really read stuff by Gibson and Stephenson so I don't know really know how Pondsmith comes down on all of it. I do think that we all have our own ideas about what Cyberpunk is however. I fully admit I see a more dark, neogothic, neon world where it's shiny on the surface and seemy underneath. And where those two worlds intersect is where your character should be with one foot in each. Shadowrun-ish in other words.

It's good in the sense if you understand that CD Red is interesting in adapting well known creations as perfectly as they can, they are obsessed with that. We all know that this game is based on a PnP by Pondsmith by now, and they are obsessed with bringing that to life in the same way the Witcher games are almost an exact recreation of the Witcher novels in a video game format to the point where the characters in the game are nearly exactly as they are described from the novels.

That's why 2077 is not pure Blade Runner, it is based on the Punk 2020 setting, which was not described as purely bleak and instead borrows from multiple settings. CD Red also said they are borrowing ideas from all of these: William Gibson, Blade Runner, Deus Ex 1 (they mention the first specifically) and System Shock 1&2, and Ghost in The Shell, plus mainly Cyberpunk 2020 PnP. Basically a melting pot of all retro-future fiction up to this point.

7. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Jun 11, 2018, 10:57 Task

Mateus Kanik, "There are lots of cyber games around, but there’s not a lot of punk in those games. We want to put more punk into ours. We do not want to make a dark and hopeless world. We are not doing Blade Runner. It will be full of rock and roll.” Stepien concluded: “It’s more like a Tarantino approach.”

Most anticipated game for me. But damn, I'd LOVE for CD Red to do Fallout since they actually make RPGs or aRPGs.

News Comments > Starfield Announced
17. Re: Starfield Announced Jun 11, 2018, 08:35 Task

ShadowofWard wrote on Jun 10, 2018, 23:44:
This E3 was 99% disappointment and 1% ecstasy. This really might be the right time to give up gaming and maybe come back in 3 years.

Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer - The only thing that excited me this E3. Not that this a popularity contest, but the views on this video compared to F76 and the Starfield Teaser are twice as much.

News Comments > Fallout 76 Trailer
7. Re: Fallout 76 Trailer Jun 11, 2018, 00:15 Task

Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 00:10:
Bluesnews: FALLOUT IS DEAD! YOU RUINED MY CHILDHOOD!

Fallout has been 'dead' for a long time. The Elder Scrolls Fallout types are just a generic Wasteland game with Vault Boys.

News Comments > Fallout 76 Trailer
4. Re: Fallout 76 Trailer Jun 11, 2018, 00:00 Task

Haha, jeez. I'm so sorry Tim Caine, but Fallout as it was originally is definitely dead.

"My idea is to explore more of the world and more of the ethics of a post-nuclear world, not to make a better plasma gun."

Exploring the ethics of post-nuclear world of Fallout 76 with Nuclear Silos to set against your fellow players. Much ethics.

News Comments > Battlefield V Battle Royale Confirmed
8. Re: Battlefield V Battle Royale Confirmed Jun 9, 2018, 18:25 Task

Pleeeease have joystick support Day 1 so I can fly that 109.  

News Comments > Total War: THREE KINGDOMS Gameplay Trailer
1. Re: Total War: THREE KINGDOMS Gameplay Trailer Jun 8, 2018, 19:15 Task

Hopefully a 64-bit engine this time. Also hoping for 4 sides for sieging a city. And it looked like the soldiers had ropes or ladders, it would be nice to know if that is physical equipment you must build for a siege as it should be.  

News Comments > Does Vampyr Suck?
15. Re: Does Vampyr Suck? Jun 5, 2018, 13:19 Task

Looks its destined to be a Cult Classic.  

News Comments > Battlefield V Details
10. Re: Battlefield V Details Jun 4, 2018, 17:05 Task

I read this last week. For once I'm interested in a BF game again, I learned my lesson with pre-ordering since BF3 though - they are always buggy on release. I really hope they at least have joystick support Day 1.  

2960 Comments. 148 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo