Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Luke

Real Name Luke   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Task
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 29, 2007, 09:10
Total Comments 3009 (Veteran)
User ID 37119

User comment history
< Newer [ 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ] Older >

News Comments > Square Enix Closing Shinra Technologies

3. Re: Square Enix Closing Shinra Technologies Jan 6, 2016, 16:09 Task

They were probably building a Mako reactor.  

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Beta & Early Access This Month

6. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Beta & Early Access This Month Jan 6, 2016, 09:02 Task

Literally all it takes, for me, is for it be better than any Bethesdian game like FailOut4 or some 'casual' Single-Player MMO BioFail RPG. Hell, Underrail has pleb-level graphics and I still enjoy it. As long it has any of these elements: half-way decent writing, different ways to solve things, enjoyable quests, number crunching, stuff to read, or tactical-thinky combat. This new Torment game 'looks' to me like the Numenera PnP on your screen.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse

4. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 5, 2016, 14:55 Task

The Gawker and Kinja networks are a hive of scum and villainy.  

News Comments > Oculus Rift Preorders Wednesday

42. Re: Oculus Rift Preorders Wednesday Jan 5, 2016, 09:02 Task

Rossafur wrote on Jan 4, 2016, 22:00:
Scheherazade wrote on Jan 4, 2016, 17:11:
DK2 (which is most of the rez of CV) is terrible for flight sims of 'modern' aircraft - because the hud is unreadable. None of the numbers are legible (unless you move your face significantly forward to get closer to them). Simply not enough dots across that wide of an FOV to resolve one or two pixel wide symbology. This is compounded by the image shifting/scaling that happens to realign chromatic aberration (work around needed to compensate for the simple single stage lens).

I posted a link to this before, take a look. The blurriness is not youtube compression - it's like that normally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkMMEmXlcLk

-scheherazade

Well ain't that a kick in the head... =\

Track IR is superior for modern flight sims anyways, until those types of games makes them compatible with a VR device.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation

9. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 4, 2016, 17:11 Task

The Half Elf wrote on Jan 4, 2016, 10:43:
Come on Blue have you never played multiplayer on a console (especially the Xbox consoles)? They will tell you all the time that they are high (even without wanting to know).

I certainly don't play multiplayer games on the internet on console, only single player ones on console or local multiplayer with friends in the same room.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Sells 12M?

42. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Sells 12M? Jan 4, 2016, 17:00 Task

JoeNapalm wrote on Jan 4, 2016, 16:55:
When are you folks going to realize that we are no longer the target demographic for games?

We, THE GAMERS, represent such a small wedge of the pie, now that everyone...everyone...is playing these "newfangled vidja games" that the market has evolved.

WE are a persnickity, demanding lot, who generally know a Hell of a lot more about the IPs and platforms that the suits who now own the industry do.

I am aware of this, but I can still dispense my displeasure regarding it, which is fun to get off my chest, because hey why not? Nothing will change really during this great decade of Dumbed Down Games Recession except for a few nuggets here and there. The winning move is to simply not play (the bad gamez).

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Sells 12M?

39. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Sells 12M? Jan 4, 2016, 16:38 Task

Shok wrote on Jan 4, 2016, 14:44:
It will be funny this time next year when EA announces Battlefront servers will be turned off....but look at the shiny new game we just came out with! That one lets you play online plus look at all the high ratings it got in the (paid off) press.

Just in time for the new game with TFA DLC for ultimate cash-ins *CHA-CHING*. New StarWarz playable characters include: Poo Digimon, FretfulNumbskull-Trooper87, TrashCompactorPhasma (Special Ability, Get Trash Compacted), OldLeia, MartyrSolo, EmoJacenSolo with special TemperTantram-Mode, and more! Next year, prepare for more paid maps and character DLC with the release of yet another SW films as the franchise becomes epically saturated.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance

3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 4, 2016, 10:40 Task

Even if Ben Franklin's quote meant something different in context, the way its interpreted now definitely applies.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

News Comments > Steam Top 10

21. Re: JC3 second thoughts Jan 3, 2016, 23:34 Task

Cutter wrote on Jan 3, 2016, 22:33:
Bethsoft really just needs to stick to physical world building and leave the actual questing to other devs like Obsidian ala New Vegas.

They should just stop making Fallout games and sell the license. Their physical world building amounts to putting skeletons everywhere telling derp "so immurshuns" story telling, like 2 skeletons just sitting in a bar that the derp owners forgot were sitting there? Fuck off Bethseda. I bet the next elder scrolls is going to be even more dumbed down. Voice protagonist cutting down playable races to 1 or 2. Mods can't fix the shit quests in that game when they permeate throughout 90% of the game. There are 2 total quest mods and 0 environment mods. The priority in FO4 mods are bouncing boobs and even a fucking pregnancy mod, what the actual fuck.

News Comments > Out of the Blue

2. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 28, 2015, 10:52 Task

Go see Krampus. Its better than TWA anyways.  

24. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 18, 2015, 18:52 Task

Ecthelion wrote on Dec 18, 2015, 16:54:

That being said, I will admit that the DVD and Blu-ray versions of RotJ have the most noticeable and regrettable Lucas edits

I recommend finding yourself a VHS copy of the SW Special Edition set. Get a device that records it to DVD/Bluray, and you have yourself the second best edition of all 3 films. I also enjoyed Return of The Jedi. The plan hatched to save Han, the amazing set inside Jabba's Palace is the most real looking 'alien' place I've seen in a film to date, the dire news of a Second Death Star and the plan to take it out, the incredibly intense space battle that makes you 'feel' every loss as the rebels slowly get ground down, Luke revisiting Dagobah, the redemption of Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker, etc.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 18, 2015, 16:39 Task

And for the Debbie Downer news today affecting U.S. denizens, the CISA bill (Second Patriot Act) was snuck into a Federal funding bill (IE, a Trojan Horse) today and was signed into law by the President without any debate. By attaching to the spending bill, it was a choice of "You want privacy? You do, ok, well the government won't get funding then." The idea was devised by 'lawmakers' working at the behest of corporations and the NSA. If you like your Tyranny, you can keep your Tyranny. Nary a safety dance article in sight, but I'm sure there will be in the coming weeks. Game Over.  

News Comments > New Conan Game Planned

3. Re: New Conan Game Planned Dec 18, 2015, 10:33 Task

Conan SP aRPG?  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 18, 2015, 10:31 Task

Jar Jar Binks is a Sith. Always two there are.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs

2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 17, 2015, 17:01 Task

Really taking the CON in CONgress seriously aren't you Congress.  

27. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 17, 2015, 16:54 Task

Speaking of The Expanse, the first episode is free to watch on SyFy. The words have been almost transformed 1:1 on screen.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews

3. Re: Morning Interviews Dec 17, 2015, 11:57 Task

I'm joking. He'll have plenty of support through Sony.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews

1. Re: Morning Interviews Dec 17, 2015, 10:37 Task

Upcoming spiritual successor Metal Gear kickstarter by Kojima in our future no doubt.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization

11. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 17, 2015, 09:07 Task

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 16, 2015, 19:52:
Kxmode wrote on Dec 16, 2015, 14:03:
DangerDog wrote on Dec 16, 2015, 13:19:
For $60 more you can just get a Nexus 7 with 1080p screen and real google OS support.

Where? I need one for work.

I'd like to know this as well.

Where it this other Nexus 7 for 60? I'd like to know too. Come on man, you can't drop that nugget and not share the goods DangerDog haha.

3009 Comments. 151 pages. Viewing page 53.
< Newer [ 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ] Older >