Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Luke

Real Name Luke   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Task
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 29, 2007, 09:10
Total Comments 3012 (Veteran)
User ID 37119

User comment history
< Newer [ 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ] Older >

News Comments > Bombshell Drops

11. Re: Bombshell Drops Jan 30, 2016, 08:54 Task

SlimRam wrote on Jan 30, 2016, 00:14:
As I said before, it's right there in the name.

BOMB

Think Hiroshima magnitude.

So in other words, this game is a War Crime.

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Necropolis in March

4. Re: Necropolis in March Jan 21, 2016, 23:36 Task

Its good their branching for different revenue. It actually looks fun too, like a cartoony Dark Souls.  

News Comments > Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak Released

15. Re: Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak Released Jan 21, 2016, 10:39 Task

Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 21, 2016, 10:31:
the atmosphere as a whole is goosebumpy (the random and directed radio chatter alone)

Everytime this happens I panic and zoom out to the quasi satellite- radar. Some of the random radio chatter from the people on your carrier is stuff like "possible enemy contact in (whatever area), can you confirm?" and stuff like that.

News Comments > Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak Released

8. Re: Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak Released Jan 21, 2016, 09:50 Task

I broke down and pre-ordered, which is rare for me these days. HW1/2 for free was too hard to pass up since I haven't played them in over a decade now (so 3 games total), but also because Steam is more lenient with refunds. Anyways, I tried out my purchase last night to see if I'd like it and the Single-Player missions/story are definitely well put together and a lot of fun so far - it definitely has a feel of desperation to it as you guide your desert nomads. It also runs buttery smooth on my PC on Ultra, no FPS drops.

"Normal" difficulty is pretty hard for me, but also keep in mind I am quite honestly a terrible RTS player, haven't touched the original HW in ages which was close to impossible for me, and the only other recent RTS I've played is Starcraft 2. Some of the missions so far have taken me at least an hour to complete. Apparently it has multiplayer, but I probably won't be touching that - Single-Player is where I stay in RTS titles.

I definitely do make fun of Gearbox for some of the crap they've pulled in recent years. ACM and Duke were garbage, but they did make the right business move here by partnering with the original creators instead of shopping out the HW series to someone else. Those games are -2/10, but this one is miles better as a published Gearbox title. I'd give it a higher score than 8/10, but it has only 13 SP missions (I'm half way through). I was able to justify getting it since I got more games then 1, so I guess the choice for others will boil down to if you are really in need of an RTS now or waiting for a price drop or any further expansions.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse

1. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 20, 2016, 12:06 Task

Seems to, huh. I torrent, you torrent, Obama's wife probably torrents, Putin's adviser seems to torrent. Who cares, everyone does it at least once (or twice).  

News Comments > New Free Sven Co-op Friday

6. Re: New Free Sven Co-op Friday Jan 20, 2016, 08:54 Task

Pretty sure I played some sort of HL co-op beta (of the singleplayer gordon freeman campaign) on Sven years ago. It was possible.  

News Comments > Gone Gold - Bombshell

12. Re: Gone Gold - Bombshell Jan 20, 2016, 08:52 Task

Basically a crazy-Duke Nukem Diablo-like game. I'll be honest - that premise sounds pretty fun.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 18, 2016, 16:16 Task

In honor of MLK day, here is some stuff the media won't cover today:

"...in 1999, in Memphis, Tennessee, more than three decades after MLK's death, a jury found local, state, and federal government agencies guilty of conspiring to assassinate the Nobel Peace Prize winner and civil rights leader. The same media you would expect to cover such a monumental decision was absent at the trial."

FBI’s “Suicide Letter” to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., and the Dangers of Unchecked Surveillance

Documentary - Who Killed Martin Luther King

Evidence of Revision - (Part 6 on MLK)

MLK's censored speech against America's wars::

"A true revolution of values will lay hands on the world order and say of war, 'This way of settling differences is not just.' This business of burning human beings with napalm, of filling our nation's homes with orphans and widows, of injecting poisonous drugs of hate into the veins of peoples normally humane, of sending men home from dark and bloody battlefields physically handicapped and psychologically deranged, cannot be reconciled with wisdom, justice, and love. A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death."

“I could never again raise my voice against the violence of the oppressed in the ghettos without having first spoken clearly to the greatest purveyor of violence in the world today—my own government.”—Martin Luther King Jr., Sermon at New York’s Riverside Church (April 4, 1967)

I believe to this day the deaths of RFK, JFK, and MLK are wounds that America has never recovered from. Quite evident today with racial unrest, police militarization, surveillance, rampant corruption, and endless war.

News Comments > Game Reviews

3. Re: Game Reviews Jan 16, 2016, 19:03 Task

Fallout Minecraft? The FO4 discussion on the CD projekt forums is epic within the Cyberpunk section. Some hilarious posters were suggesting there should be "apartment crafting for your cyberpunk!" How about instead they shut off the game, and re-arrange their own apartment in real life instead.  

News Comments > MS: New CPUs Will Require Windows 10 (or Linux)

37. Re: MS: New CPUs Will Require Windows 10 (or Linux) Jan 16, 2016, 18:54 Task

Cutter wrote on Jan 16, 2016, 12:11:
Ok, Justice really needs to begin anti-trust against MS at this point.

Doubt that'll happen in the U.S., but since Micro is global, its up to all the other governments (most of which are corrupt) to deal with it. Canada's citizens could always petition their own Justice I guess. Here in the U.S. though, despite all the crocodile tears shed by certain corporations saying 'they didn't know' of nsa/fbi/cia spying, Microsoft is STILL one of their biggest partners. So they will get away with this chip/OS monopoly they are trying to pull I think.

The Huge, Collateral Cost of Microsoft’s Collusion With Five Eyes Espionage Agencies

Microsoft Windows continues to be inherently insecure, at the very least because Microsoft worked to make intrusion possible by shady agencies that operate outside the law (much like cyber gangs)

Certain Corporations fully collude with the downward spiraling U.S. day in, day out. Business as usual.

News Comments > Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen Released

3. Re: Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen Released Jan 16, 2016, 02:08 Task

A jRPG just isn't a jRPG without a game name like that.  

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup

1. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Jan 13, 2016, 09:23 Task

Good luck to them on that. May give it try when its done. They have like 13+ million invested in this sequel.  

News Comments > EA Launches Origin Access Subscriptions

43. Re: EA Launches Origin Access Subscriptions Jan 13, 2016, 09:13 Task

At least his past Bill Nye science show was fun for kids and adults  

News Comments > Amazon Prime Discounting Game Preorders

30. Re: Amazon Prime Discounting Game Preorders Jan 13, 2016, 09:10 Task

Ecthelion wrote on Jan 13, 2016, 09:02:
nin wrote on Jan 13, 2016, 00:18:
Ecthelion wrote on Jan 12, 2016, 23:07:
Also, Ratchet and Clank is my favorite series of all time, so I'm holding high hopes for the new one! I loved the PS2 and PS3 main entries (not the two spin-offs as much), and I even really liked the two PSP games. I never get tired of seeing Captain Qwark's ridiculousness. I think the R&C movie will be the first animated movie I see in the theater since The LEGO Movie.

I've never got to play any of them, but every video I've seen of the remake looks fantastic.

And yeah, really looking forward to Life is Strange. The only reason I didn't grab it sooner is I hate episodic releases. Once it was concluded, I was ready to buy it, and then I stumbled across the physical release with soundtrack cd and art book (I love art books!). For $32 (with discount), it seemed like a no brainer.

If you have a PS3, you can get them all very cheap. DO IT! Most of the PS3 ones are on PS Now as well. If you haven't used your 7-day PS Now trial, you should give it a shot and try out Crack in Time. It's the best of the series and still looks and plays great now. The 3 PS2 games are great too, but they are a little harder to get into now.

I didn't play any of the games until I got my PS3, but I liked them so much I got the PS3 collection of the 3 original PS2 games, and then all the PS3 games in the series.

I always wait until episodic releases are done too, and Life is Strange is great. You do have to endure some high school drama but it's one of the best "choice and consequences" games of the past few years.

I have a PS2 & PS3 but never did try any Clank games in the past. Looks like the Clank collection for PS3 is about 20 USD from resellers on Amazon if nin is interested.

28. Re: Amazon Prime Discounting Game Preorders Jan 13, 2016, 09:01 Task

Paranoid Jack wrote on Jan 12, 2016, 22:18:
Sweet, this also applies to collectors editions from what I am seeing on my orders. I wanted to buy the retail Deluxe version but there isn't one... kinda weird.

I know this game is going to be amazing so no reason to hold off not to mention I want a physical copy for my collection. I know I am geeking but I loved every minute of XCom EU & EW. And as much as I use Amazon having Prime is a no-brainer.

The Deluxe edition seems kinda of pointless anyways, all it comes with the reinforcement pack + soundtrack for upwards of 70+. But, if you pre-order the standard edition you still get the reinforcement pack (which I bet will just come on a slip on any standard edition post release too). I normally don't pre-order things (especially physical editions) and really only for games I'll definitely keep around as a collectible, like witcher games or classics. I definitely really enjoy classic XCOM and the reimagined XCOM, so I'm rolling the dice and thinking there will be a high chance I'll enjoy XCOM2 as well from seeing all the gameplay stuff so far (Angry Joe has a youtube video up of it, since he received a preview copy demo thing - worth a watch).

And to the others, I use Amazon Prime for the 2 day shipment about every 2 weeks or so. If in a month I decide I want to collect all of DBZ on Bluray, I do that, or now X-Files is newly on Bluray and HD-ified (hell yeah), so I'll collect those. I also use all the free goods and stream movies/shows they have.

1. Re: Amazon Prime Discounting Game Preorders Jan 12, 2016, 20:23 Task

Sweet. Time to pre-order XCOM 2 then. 20% even the physical disc versions, awesomesauce.

This comment was edited on Jan 12, 2016, 20:34.

News Comments > Homefront: The Revolution May Release Confirmed

10. Re: Homefront: The Revolution May Release Confirmed Jan 12, 2016, 16:23 Task

DangerDog wrote on Jan 12, 2016, 14:44:
Why would you need to put North Koreans as the bad guy in a future dystopian scenario, it's more likely to be an all out military police state imposed by the US Government on their own people.

This has been mentioned before, by me as well, but eh Deep Silver is gonna do what they're gonna do. I guess one could play it and pretend they're resisting a crazed gone-bonkers U.S. government.

I heard this game went through development hell since before 2011, the people that worked on it all these years are probably relieved in a way.

News Comments > Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak Trailer

2. Re: Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak Trailer Jan 8, 2016, 22:00 Task

The good news is Gearbox isn't developing it, they are just publishing. "Gearbox granted permission for use of the Homeworld IP to Blackbird Interactive, a company formed by members of the original Homeworld development team in 2007."  

News Comments > Half-Life Writer Marc Laidlaw Leaves Valve [Updated]

10. Re: Half-Life Writer Marc Laidlaw Leaves Valve? Jan 8, 2016, 11:38 Task

El Pit wrote on Jan 8, 2016, 11:08:
He felt lonely, sitting alone there since he moved his desk to the Half-Life (Episode) 3 group eight years ago. Everybody else was working on new TF2 hats, Counterstrike gimmicks, useless hardware and some operating system. Once he found out that Valve is no longer about making games, he left.

Spawt On. Long live Half-Life, Half-Life is Dead. The G-Man is not pleased.

Although Valve does have Vive, which might be useful I guess. Its never a dull day at least when there is any mention of Half-Life.

3012 Comments. 151 pages. Viewing page 52.
< Newer [ 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ] Older >