Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Luke

Real Name Luke   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Task
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 29, 2007, 09:10
Total Comments 2629 (Senior)
User ID 37119

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Loot Boxes Under Fire
62. Re: Loot Boxes Under Fire Nov 23, 2017, 11:27 Task

Dacote wrote on Nov 22, 2017, 19:27:
"Just" cosmetic items in paid lootcrates are a metastasis of the original cancer. https://youtu.be/NLDid1UNyg8?t=328

I was going to post this too, you beat me to it

MekPak Variants Mod - BattleTech Beta
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Demo
6. Re: This game is racist towards germans Nov 23, 2017, 07:53 Task

WitcherOntheProwl wrote on Nov 23, 2017, 01:55:
Boycott this game.

Huh?

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Controversy Affects EA Stock and NFS Payback
14. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Controversy Affects EA Stock and NFS Payback Nov 21, 2017, 00:14 Task

I really hope this causes other publishers and developers to move away from the recent "loot box" craze in recent years. When this stuff intrudes on actual gameplay progression, its far too off putting for me as a fan of games my entire life. I usually avoid games that have them these days, even ones that have them for obtaining cosmetic things only. They are usually annoying and in your face.

Hell they even added them to "MWO" which I already hated with a passion for my favorite PC franchise devolving into a half-assed "f2p" grind-fest. But now everyone wants to get in on these dumb loot box designs put into games, especially in multiplayer ones. It turns me right off and its why I've been going back to retro gaming with a raspberry pi, playing older pc titles, or only going for the latest titles that are just single-player (but even that's not sacred, that LoTR game is an example).

News Comments > ESA Seeking Final Disabilities Access Waiver Extension
33. Re: ESA Seeking Final Disabilities Access Waiver Extension Nov 19, 2017, 12:52 Task

The proposal is an interesting idea at least... Might be more practical for the individual developer to decide how accessible make their piece of entertainment.

The political discussion going on in this thread too is so odd. All ya'll are going to be doing this same thing every 4 years no matter who it is which has become a sad guarantee - its always about 'my guy is in, yours isnt' - the political arena in the U.S. has been a mess for a long time. Trump supporters, for example, can't take it when people make fun of Trump even though they may have done so toward Obama since it wasn't 'their' candidate. I personally don't know how anyone can like either Hillary or Trump, they are both liars and worse things than that.

News Comments > Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus DLC Roadmap
4. Re: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus DLC Roadmap Nov 13, 2017, 22:45 Task

Hmm, I didn't get a feeling that its short so far. Although it may be taking me way longer to complete on the hardest difficulty I have available at the moment since its easier to sneak around and avoid heavy combat on that difficulty (when a level allows for it). Steam says I completed New Order in 12 hrs, and Old Blood in 5 hrs, so far I have 13 with Colossus and have not completed the main story yet. It seems they added padding perhaps to make it seem longer, like with assassinating Uber Commanders on recycled levels.  

News Comments > Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus DLC Roadmap
1. Re: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus DLC Roadmap Nov 13, 2017, 21:11 Task

I bought the collector version of this, too bad the season pass didn't come with it for the price tag - oh well.

Been playing it on the second hardest difficulty and man the Court Room level alone will completely test your skills to the max, must have died at least 50 times. Overall this, this game is a blast. I love how absurd it all is, Nazi's in SPaaaaace!

If the fps mayhem, level design, and cutscenes are just as good as the main games, I'll probably get this expansion stuff at some point.

They could pretty much follow this game up for a while, I mean the Naaazi's have conquered the damn Solar System lol. They could use any plot point and make it work, Nazi's discover a worm hole and escape to another planet or dimension, lol. The imagination is the limit.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Grind Complaints
43. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Grind Complaints Nov 13, 2017, 14:45 Task

I don't remember a grind in the original Battlefronts. The changes made to modern multiplayer games definitely have driven me towards single-player games in the past years. Its very odd to see this whole 'loot box' craze sneak into single-player games now too though, like that LOTR game.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII Released
12. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Released Nov 3, 2017, 18:12 Task

Its the same formula as any other CoD game or the first WW2 ones, so it seems just 'fine' to me. I'd probably get it for the SP at least at some point. Pure schlock is fun sometimes. I definitely remember playing CoD 1 back in the day.

The only thing that sucks to me as that since much of the new younger generations consume media like this, I wonder if they think that 'this' is what WW2 was. These games are not exactly known for their history lessons lol.

Still it would be a real twist if they actually made these games with campaigns from multiple sides, including the Axis. The budget for that would probably be ginormous with the cinematics they went for this time around - now that I think about it.

News Comments > Visceral Closing; Star Wars Game Changing Direction
31. Re: Visceral Closing; Star Wars Game Changing Direction Oct 18, 2017, 08:25 Task

Not sure why people are saying a linear Star Wars game would be bad. Games like the Uncharted series and The Last of Us did pretty well. I actually picked up a used copy of Uncharted 1 for my PS3 the first time to see what the games are like and they are pretty fun, like playing through an over the top Indiana Jones adventure.

Star Wars 1313 could have been pretty interesting too if it was about just some random new character made-up, not a force user, living it up in the Star Wars universe dealing with tertiary stuff and not having anything to do with main characters from the movies. And now its dead for good it seems.

News Comments > Star Control Creators Plan Unofficial Sequel
3. Re: Star Control Creators Plan Unofficial Sequel Oct 11, 2017, 21:38 Task

Let both teams have it. More interesting that way.  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
4. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 6, 2017, 20:30 Task

America has displayed Soft Fascism tendencies for quite some time without needing some alternate reality Hyper-Nazism fictions to realize that. Vietnam is an example where extermination was policy (men, women, and children - "Kill Anything That Moves" by Nick Turse documents that quite clearly) it was merely doing what was done to Native Americans, except somewhere else. Nazi's even used what America did to Native Americans as inspiration for their eradication programs. Hardcore right-wing Zionists in Israeli also cite the same horrendous shite for why they wish to eradicate indigenous Palestinians and Bedouins. Even saying this much is enough to offend someone's carefully constructed view on America's 'exceptionalism.' This is long before Trump arrived.

Wolfenstein games remind me of the Man in The High Castle for the most part and they are just fun games.

News Comments > Star Wars: Battlefront II Multiplayer Beta Opens
31. Re: Star Wars: Battlefront II Multiplayer Beta Opens Oct 6, 2017, 18:30 Task

DangerDog wrote on Oct 6, 2017, 15:26:
The other reason was someone felt that Battlefield was too complex in terms of gameplay for little kids to grasp.

If someone at EA/Dice thought that way, although we don't really know, I'm trying to grasp how they think Battlefield gameplay is complex in anyway. Walk up to a Tank, hit E, and Drive it. That doesn't seem to hard of a thing to have or that complex for gameplay in Battlefront II. Walk up to an AT-ST, hit E, Drive it.

To me these new Battlefronts don't seem like Battlefield skins to me, since the gameplay is different, which at least for me sucks, since I would have preferred that design better as described above rather than killing a lot to "unlock" a vehicle. I'd rather it just be a Star Wars sandbox, be any class, be any hero (or none if a server setting), enter any vehicle sitting around, etc.

News Comments > Star Wars: Battlefront II Multiplayer Beta Opens
28. Re: Star Wars: Battlefront II Multiplayer Beta Opens Oct 6, 2017, 18:27 Task

Slick wrote on Oct 6, 2017, 18:19:
Just found "Starfighter mouse response" and "Starfighter mouse precision" sliders in the controls options. This might be the best "fix" for the PC version I've seen so far, if it does what I think it does... I'm just starting out.

What about joystick controls?

News Comments > Hawken PC Sunset Coming
9. Re: Hawken PC Sunset Coming Oct 3, 2017, 08:30 Task

aka_STEVE wrote on Oct 3, 2017, 07:48:
WOW, how do you screw up large mechs battling it out in huge cityscapes....???

Should have been as easy as printing your own money...

F2P screwed it up, just as its screwed up MW.

News Comments > Emulation and the Law
22. Re: Emulation and the Law Oct 1, 2017, 17:53 Task

I think regardless of what occurs with this, I would think PS3 emulation will be far more common in a few years or more when support and game development for the system is fully abandoned and not made for it anymore. People are still going to spread around the emulator and update it. There's also the possibility Atlas will release it on PC, or maybe not, but Persona 5 is definitely the game I want to buy if I get a PS4.

Admittedly I also use emulation for other old systems. I just completed a Raspberry Pi 3 project for RetroPie, so I'm able to play a bunch of old games instead of paying exorbitant amounts of money to find an nes/snes/sega and rarer games for them - which I got rid of years ago (all of those systems). I still regret that mistake. This weekend I was finally able to play the fan-translated Mother 1 for the first time, so that was pretty cool. Also got PSP-emulation working on it too for the Final Fantasy 1&2 re-make and Final Fantasy Tactics re-make (War of The Lions).

News Comments > Fallout Turning 20: Get a Free Copy
9. Re: Fallout Turning 20: Get a Free Copy Sep 30, 2017, 10:40 Task

I definitely prefer 1, 2, and Tactics over any of the "Neu-Fallout" on Bethesda engines. The newer ones just don't feel like "Fallout" to me and that's why I'm never able to get into them, and its not necessarily the perspective change, but then again I do like time to think during combat, so turn-based is definitely more my thing. There's a lot of little nuances and reactive design elements in these older titles that are simply not existent in the new ones - plenty of videos around discuss what that means. Anyways, once in a while I restart a new game on the original and try out new tactics or character types.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII Documentary
1. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Documentary Sep 21, 2017, 20:44 Task

Sledgehammer shedding riveting new light on WW2, what new things will we learn.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 21, 2017, 18:41 Task

It also omits too much for me to take completely seriously, while interesting and does at least 'attempt' to equalize the narrative I had to lower my expectations pretty far. The best critiques I've read so for is Chuck O' Connell's Ideology as History: a Critical Commentary on Burns and Novick’s “The Vietnam War”, John Pilger's The Killing of History and Don North's PBS’ ‘Vietnam War’ Tells Some Truths.

To me it seems people have a romanticized view of the Vietnam War (or even the Korean War, but that's another topic), just out of mind tragedies and overlooked reasons for the Vietnamese will to fight back. The beginning of the very first episode begins with a bold face lie - I completely agree with Pilger that is it rather facetious of the documentary creator to say "we" (as in America) is "searching for an answer to this tragedy" as if America should be pitied for a crime. To this day, when I ask someone what the benefit was of America's involvement in Vietnam I get one of two answers: A. I don't know or B. To protect our freedom. Yes, that fallback phrase of "protecting "America's" freedoms" is still used to this day by many.

America was there to destroy the freedom of other people, working class Vietnamese, because that's what Imperialism is, they did not in anyway threaten the sovereignty of the United States or invade our shores, much like most wars since then have been acts of Aggression by the United States. Vietnamese won their struggle and managed to defeat the French, the Americans, and Chinese - a phenomenal feat. To this day Vietnamese are still born disfigured if the parents were affected by the toxic chemicals dumped over there, a war crime no one was punished for. The derogatory term "Viet Cong" coined by the AVRN and America is still used as well when referring to the National Liberation Front. And not once do they devote the 16 hours of this documentary to mentioning Daniel Ellsberg or any other important whistleblowers - which doesn't surprise me. Not only this, but the complete waste of life involved, sending America's youth, lower and working classes to die pointlessly or come back mentally scarred for life so some Military Contractors could make a buck. And the countless Vietnamese killed.

Basically when viewing it, it only reminds me that this country has learned very little since then and continually terrorizes people around the world like a Racketeering Mafia Gangster. Not even NPR calls out Trump on premeditated War Crime for saying how he will "destroy all of North Korea" which can only be done by killing 25 million people, as if the war crimes the first time around were not enough or we are now trying to one-up Hitler. Martin Luther King's speech in regards to Vietnam is probably is even more poignant now than it was then, when our leaders are willing to spend now yet even more on the Defense Budget on the recently passed bill than on programs of social uplift - we are just fucked totally and morally bankrupt.

This comment was edited on Sep 21, 2017, 18:55.

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII Story Trailer
10. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Story Trailer Sep 19, 2017, 21:08 Task

What's so interesting about Korea and Vietnam, when so many myths are still perpetuated about both of those wars. Ken Burn's, Novick, and PBS Vietnam Documentary starts right off with one of those myths and lies, about the Gulf of Tonkin. I guess that's to be expected when they recruited two "national security" types as "consultants" to keep the lies going when they can't even bother to research or discuss the damn documents and tapes from the Johnson Library. But nooo, they get that important part wrong that was used as a pretext for a 10-year dumb war.

I get that it's interesting from a soldier perspective with grunts thrown into a big dumb mess and just surviving an ordeal, but 1. both sides should be reflected and 2. they need to set the historical record straight from a lot of information that was hidden from the American public on purpose.

News Comments > Op Ed
35. Re: Op Ed Sep 12, 2017, 18:02 Task

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Sep 12, 2017, 15:05:
play xbox call of duty..hear some 13 year old saying "Nigger nigger nigger" over and over again for the entire match.. (One of the reasons I actually hate Consoles online)

Streamer says it.. whole world loses it mind!

^^joke.

Joke or not, its true that people say it among different groups. White people use the word to, at least white kids say "n-faggot" to each other. Words are an interesting subject to me, since they mean different things to different people, across groups and culture, and often change or lose meaning over time. The whole world isn't losing its mind over this, probably just the U.S. where that word has some not cool history. "Gay" meant something completely different than what it does now for example.

2629 Comments. 132 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo