Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Luke

Real Name Luke   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Task
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 29, 2007, 09:10
Total Comments 2439 (Senior)
User ID 37119

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Interviews
4. Re: Evening Interviews Jan 17, 2017, 21:21 Task

Is there a compilation yet? I'd rather read that. I skimmed through it a bit, but I liked the one part where Gabe said Valve is working on some unannounced products using the Source 2 engine lol.  

Playing: Dragon Quest 1, Bravely Default
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
14. Re: etc. Jan 16, 2017, 17:01 Task

I don't necessarily mean HL3, I just mean any new game in general from Valve.  

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Jan 16, 2017, 11:03 Task

What is Valve's next new game?  

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
5. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jan 14, 2017, 13:30 Task

How America Should Not Engage In War. For fucks sake. Go ahead and join up kids, I'm sure its lot of fun! Long live the Empire!  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
26. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 14, 2017, 10:28 Task

Saboth wrote on Jan 13, 2017, 20:33:
Bodolza wrote on Jan 13, 2017, 13:15:
Trump makes unverified accusation that intelligence agencies leaked report with unverified accusations.

Orange baby-man elected due to fake news calls real news organizations "fake news".

Yes, Trump is a baby-man, but he is also a tool to be broken into and molded. Also recall that Mainstream Media has produced lies in the past. "Fake News" I hate that new phrase cooked up. The media for instance completely swallowed and gobbled up lies and 'intelligence' before both Iraq Wars, and then regurgitated them to the public in order to galvanize many into following along. I didn't much like being called a 'Saddam' sympathizer in those days for wanting peace with Iraq & Afghanistan or believing that bin Laden should not have been assassinated but brought to trial, but people all lost their collective minds like people sitting at a Roman Coliseum, wanting their bloodbath.

People really haven't been paying attention to some of his 'selections' which are more or less bottom of the barrel Deep State hacks. Presidents do not have absolute power in the U.S., that is fact. Pence, for example, is a rabid dog, like other goons in Washington that want nothing more than the continuation of Empire such as attacking Iran, violating the sovereignty of Syria, or the most dangerous thing that could ever happen: Attacking Russia. I'm doubting that could happen, but with how crazy D.C. is (both sides) and the massive debt going on, it is not unprecedented for Empires in History to do foolish things like placing troops along Russian borders within the last couple weeks, which from a Russian perspective and WW2 having affected countless generations there, is not good. There have been some smarter German politicians saying recently how dangerous it is for America and the rest of NATO to play that game ("Tanks do not create peace, anywhere,” Christian Görke). protests against the Military buildup of NATO in Europe right now (U.S. has remained largely pristine from war, while Europe bears the consequences). And all the while citizens like me really feel helpless to do anything but watch.

In any case, people seem to only now be waking up to the fact how shit U.S. politics is. I don't understand why others (not necessarily anyone here) ignored Obama's escalation of Drone Warfare, for example, which is illegal under classical international law (if it means anything anymore) and has been proven to increase "terrorism" (which is a broad definition, in other words, people out to avenge their dead). And going back to what I said about Presidents not having total power, its not necessarily all of Obama's fault for allowing the continuation of these things, as there are far far more people in government that want these things to continue and allow them to, but still holds responsibility (and people like to vent their anger more easily on one person). Things like Guantanamo still being open (illegal torture and detainment without trial), drone warfare (illegal), supporting radical groups (proven, since early 80s, also illegal), and blatantly overthrowing 'regimes' (illegal), Patriot Act, Expanded Surveillance, Expansion of Nukes now all sets precedent for any future U.S. establishment to abuse and use. Some of these were abused for 8 years, hell long before Obama as well, and now people are scared of Trump using them when they were already in use?

On a base level though for social issues on home soil, there have been improvements, on average we have it "good" still - its just a shame what my country's leaders to do others around the world. I do not feel that the U.S. is a shining beacon for true peace or democracy, but more of a bully on the world stage.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Torment: Tides of Numenera
32. Re: Gone Gold - Torment: Tides of Numenera Jan 12, 2017, 20:29 Task

I have to say Parker's immense hate for inXile is about a thousand times fold more immense than my dislike of Bethesda or PGI. That's something else, I'm still looking forward to this and yes, the CE box even if its not in my hands on day 1 of release. I'm busy enough as it is, but I can see why people would prefer it in their hands right away.

Anyways, Parker is a consumer in the end and if he doesn't want the product, that's his beef I guess. You sure do like to express it though Parker, I'll give you that, you go all out.

News Comments > Windows 10 Update Breaks Multi-Monitor Support
12. Re: Windows 10 Update Breaks Multi-Monitor Support Jan 11, 2017, 22:20 Task

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 11, 2017, 19:10:
Nothing better than a beta operating system, but it was free.

Windows 7 still working perfectly here.

Same here... Thankfully at my work we only use Windows 8.1 for the moment. They autoupdate though so if we had Windows 10 instead, and since we have multiple monitors at each workstation, that would be an annoying day of rolling back everyone.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 11, 2017, 22:12 Task

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 11, 2017, 12:42:
Mr Plinkett is right, but I still liked the movie.

Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 11, 2017, 12:21:
It's going to be a very long four years...
And as for the next 4 years, we are so fucked.

As U.S. Citizens with a 5 year old for a President or the next 4 years of endless, potentially 'peak' Star Wars films?

At least people are awake, after perhaps now? just coming to realize the U.S. is an Empire. It's just what chaotic decline looks like after 200 years. All of that is just History to me while watching it like a spectator sport, while rooting for neither Red or Blue and rejecting both - I'll just kick back with friends/family and make due (more important)(and half-rant about the next Star Wars film).

News Comments > World War II Online Coming to Steam
16. Re: World War II Online Coming to Steam Jan 8, 2017, 11:44 Task

Eirikrautha wrote on Jan 8, 2017, 10:22:

My brother also bought the game, and he loved playing an 88. I'd spawn in, haul him to the front, then despawn and come back as a rifleman. He'd plink tanks and I'd slaughter the infantry trying to sneak up and kill him. I've honestly never had more fun playing a multiplayer shooter/sim. Ever!

It definitely requires group play, or simply following the herd without teamspeak or whatever. Going solo in this game can be frustrating unless one has a lot patience just sneaking around and waiting. Using tanks or anti-tank stuff for instance is tough solo without infantry support. As infantry you are going to die a lot unless you're careful and with a large force, but inevitably someone is going to get a bullet in a charge. Just how it goes.

My highlights were:
-Ambushing an Allied assault with a Tiger (and a different scenario with a Panzer IV Ausf. D)
-Shooting down a Blenheim with a Panzer II
-Paradropping (which looks like this)
-Sniping

Not fun:
-The main thing I hated was the air combat, since I preferred the IL-2 flight model and in WW2O they draw a circle around an aircraft as you get close, which I think is lame. It's harder to get away with such an easy spotting system instead of forcing people to use their eyes and full SA.
-The latency wasn't great for infantry combat, the only way I got kills was shooting ahead of a target (even at close range as they jerked around) or waiting until they stood still.

This comment was edited on Jan 8, 2017, 11:56.

6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 7, 2017, 19:59 Task

A proper time with the game would be taking a tiger tank and pulling a 'whitman'. Drive it out to the countryside along the front line, wait in ambush, park it and wait. In my case I lucked out and heard tanks rumbling in the distance. Waited until they were out in the open and destroyed 5 Shermans. One and only time that happened to me. The entire sortie took several hours, a lot of it just sitting and listening.  

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
1. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jan 7, 2017, 12:39 Task

Haha, that's brilliant! I've been hesitant to buy one since I don't really like a handful of those 30 games they included on there. It's either that or make a DIY with a raspberry pi.  

1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 7, 2017, 12:24 Task

Might be a good move. I doubt an average steamer has heard of it. Decent for what it is, since certainly no one else has tried making a semi-twitch ww2 mmo (as far as I know).  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
14. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 5, 2017, 19:09 Task

Bard wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 16:04:
I read the hacking report.

It's basically 'Hacking for dummies' - general discussion for non-technical people. It shows nothing. Absolutely nothing that means anything. Let alone proof.

This is more a case of distraction.

No shit right? For those that like the term "Fake News" (a hilarious term, I guess its the new "Conspiracy Theory" term), I remember quite clearly when fake intelligence produced by people that were willing to lie and tell lies as they were told gave us two Iraq Wars - such blatant lies produced Illegal Wars, but top leaders are still not punished. That was the Best Fake News ever by the MSM. Obama also doubled down on Illegal Drone Warfare started by Bush. Every presidency sets a precedent for the next to use the tools of the Empire by not challenging the use of said tools, because the President does not hold absolute power. Nothing Changes. I'm sure as soon people hear about Trump ordering a Secret Assassination by Drone, there will be a hub bub, but it'll be all hush-hush that Obama did and then some.

Now if people want to believe more fake ass intelligence lies against a Nuclear Armed Country, then fuck it, they can go right ahead. I really hope people understand that the U.S. has been pushing for the idea that it can engage in war if "hacked." That's really scary to me. It's fucking hypocrisy too, considering the U.S. has deliberately regime changed or directly interfered in other countries elections quite literally (through actual violence) before many of us were even born and they still do it. Someone want to tell me how Russia went into ballot booths and "hacked" paper ballots? Not possible. Also the U.S. has "hacked" its own elections in the past with electronic voting machines like Diebold, remember that? I sure do. Remember when Snowden revealed what many already suspected that the U.S. spies on its own Allies & "Enemies," besides its own citizens? I sure do. Ah, but it's all just conspiracy theory probably, what do I know.

The hypocrisy in all this astounds me everyday. Some things should be clear by now, the U.S. political system is a joke and the two parties are a joke. And these jokes weren't prepared overnight, its the culmination of decades of this nonsense.

News Comments > Op Ed
11. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 31, 2016, 17:51 Task

I don't really understand this dude's idea that his daughter shouldn't play it. Many gals I know grew up playing Mario like anyone else and still enjoy it, many of them are better than me at it. Granted if people want to change it, whoopdie du go ahead, Put fat Mario in a bikini and give peach some facial hair.  

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 31, 2016, 14:07 Task

Classic Mario is bad now, k.  

News Comments > Heavy Gear Assault Early Access
16. Re: Heavy Gear Assault Early Access Dec 30, 2016, 08:19 Task

Steazy wrote on Dec 29, 2016, 19:15:
Why does everyone have to make their Mech games so terrible?

There are simply no big time studios and experienced people tackling Mech games anymore. Activision published Heavy Gear, Microsoft published MechWarrior.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 29, 2016, 13:25 Task

Creston wrote on Dec 29, 2016, 10:58:
You're a giant PoS. Stop killing people already.

6000 people die per hour, 150,000 per day or something like that. It's normal. You know that kid book Everybody Poops? One should be Everybody Dies.

News Comments > Final Fantasy Creator's New Game Plans
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 29, 2016, 10:25 Task

Turn based or ATB please.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Dec 21, 2016, 20:26 Task

Give the kid something age appropriate to watch like Dragon Ball.  

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Dec 19, 2016, 20:51 Task

A whole year to wait to see if Blade Runner 2049 is good or not.  

2439 Comments. 122 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo