Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Luke

Real Name Luke   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Task
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 29, 2007, 09:10
Total Comments 2613 (Senior)
User ID 37119

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII Documentary
1. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Documentary Sep 21, 2017, 20:44 Task

Sledgehammer shedding riveting new light on WW2, what new things will we learn.  

MekPak Variants Mod - BattleTech Beta
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 21, 2017, 18:41 Task

It also omits too much for me to take completely seriously, while interesting and does at least 'attempt' to equalize the narrative I had to lower my expectations pretty far. The best critiques I've read so for is Chuck O' Connell's Ideology as History: a Critical Commentary on Burns and Novick’s “The Vietnam War”, John Pilger's The Killing of History and Don North's PBS’ ‘Vietnam War’ Tells Some Truths.

To me it seems people have a romanticized view of the Vietnam War (or even the Korean War, but that's another topic), just out of mind tragedies and overlooked reasons for the Vietnamese will to fight back. The beginning of the very first episode begins with a bold face lie - I completely agree with Pilger that is it rather facetious of the documentary creator to say "we" (as in America) is "searching for an answer to this tragedy" as if America should be pitied for a crime. To this day, when I ask someone what the benefit was of America's involvement in Vietnam I get one of two answers: A. I don't know or B. To protect our freedom. Yes, that fallback phrase of "protecting "America's" freedoms" is still used to this day by many.

America was there to destroy the freedom of other people, working class Vietnamese, because that's what Imperialism is, they did not in anyway threaten the sovereignty of the United States or invade our shores, much like most wars since then have been acts of Aggression by the United States. Vietnamese won their struggle and managed to defeat the French, the Americans, and Chinese - a phenomenal feat. To this day Vietnamese are still born disfigured if the parents were affected by the toxic chemicals dumped over there, a war crime no one was punished for. The derogatory term "Viet Cong" coined by the AVRN and America is still used as well when referring to the National Liberation Front. And not once do they devote the 16 hours of this documentary to mentioning Daniel Ellsberg or any other important whistleblowers - which doesn't surprise me. Not only this, but the complete waste of life involved, sending America's youth, lower and working classes to die pointlessly or come back mentally scarred for life so some Military Contractors could make a buck. And the countless Vietnamese killed.

Basically when viewing it, it only reminds me that this country has learned very little since then and continually terrorizes people around the world like a Racketeering Mafia Gangster. Not even NPR calls out Trump on premeditated War Crime for saying how he will "destroy all of North Korea" which can only be done by killing 25 million people, as if the war crimes the first time around were not enough or we are now trying to one-up Hitler. Martin Luther King's speech in regards to Vietnam is probably is even more poignant now than it was then, when our leaders are willing to spend now yet even more on the Defense Budget on the recently passed bill than on programs of social uplift - we are just fucked totally and morally bankrupt.

This comment was edited on Sep 21, 2017, 18:55.

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII Story Trailer
10. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Story Trailer Sep 19, 2017, 21:08 Task

What's so interesting about Korea and Vietnam, when so many myths are still perpetuated about both of those wars. Ken Burn's, Novick, and PBS Vietnam Documentary starts right off with one of those myths and lies, about the Gulf of Tonkin. I guess that's to be expected when they recruited two "national security" types as "consultants" to keep the lies going when they can't even bother to research or discuss the damn documents and tapes from the Johnson Library. But nooo, they get that important part wrong that was used as a pretext for a 10-year dumb war.

I get that it's interesting from a soldier perspective with grunts thrown into a big dumb mess and just surviving an ordeal, but 1. both sides should be reflected and 2. they need to set the historical record straight from a lot of information that was hidden from the American public on purpose.

News Comments > Op Ed
35. Re: Op Ed Sep 12, 2017, 18:02 Task

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Sep 12, 2017, 15:05:
play xbox call of duty..hear some 13 year old saying "Nigger nigger nigger" over and over again for the entire match.. (One of the reasons I actually hate Consoles online)

Streamer says it.. whole world loses it mind!

^^joke.

Joke or not, its true that people say it among different groups. White people use the word to, at least white kids say "n-faggot" to each other. Words are an interesting subject to me, since they mean different things to different people, across groups and culture, and often change or lose meaning over time. The whole world isn't losing its mind over this, probably just the U.S. where that word has some not cool history. "Gay" meant something completely different than what it does now for example.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 31, 2017, 18:25 Task

With what debt money though is the question. He chose to increase the ever wasteful War Budget (i.e. "Defense").  

News Comments > Survived By Announced
6. Re: Survived By Announced Aug 30, 2017, 18:05 Task

More likely 100 player instances.  

News Comments > X4: Foundations Announced
23. Re: X4: Foundations Announced Aug 28, 2017, 22:19 Task

They probably wanted FPS way back in games like Wing Commander to you know, but could not integrate it. Now don't lie and say you never wanted to fly around in a X-Wing or TIE Fighter, be able to land, and walk around the capital ships in a Star Wars flight sim game, walk back to your fighter, climb in, and so on. That had to be a dream of many, and if not some of the community here, I always dreamed of stuff like that for space sim stuffs.

Anyways, I'm pretty surprised they are continuing on with the X game series. I guess they must make just enough profit to continue what they are passionate about.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Aug 25, 2017, 21:55 Task

I don't know dude, but man I'm still waiting for that Squad 42 thing starring Mark Hamill and what not. I mean if they actually release the darn thing, I'll buy if its decent.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 25, 2017, 18:54 Task

Hopefully there's joystick support for PC Battlefront II :\  

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Episode 3 Story Revealed?
37. Re: Half-Life 2: Episode 3 Story Revealed? Aug 25, 2017, 18:14 Task

I have personally given up on HL3 - so it is less a concern for me on whether it will exist or not. While it would be nice, there are plenty of games these days to occupy my time. Even replaying HL1 and 2 on occasion is enough.

Laidlaw's fanfiction brings a little closure though with the ideas put together from what we knew already (namely the ship in the Arctics and weird teleporting sciencey-fi stuff). If anything, at the very least I would welcome a novel of sorts.

Why it never got off the ground can maybe chalked up to Valve's development environment and Gabe perhaps having the final say.

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Episode 3 Story Revealed?
36. Re: Half-Life 2: Episode 3 Story Revealed? Aug 25, 2017, 18:08 Task

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Aug 25, 2017, 12:34:
The problem with more half-life is it'll never live up to the expectations and hype.

And they don't need the money so why bother shooting yourself in the foot?

Whose expectations and hype though. Surely it would meet someone's hype and expectations, perhaps not everyone.

For the question, I suppose that depends if they enough to recoup costs regardless. These days I feel there seems to be less risk taking for ambitious titles, where now we've moved into an Era of crowdfunding in an attempt to get ideas off the ground.

News Comments > ACE COMBAT 7: SKIES UNKNOWN Trailer
4. Re: ACE COMBAT 7: SKIES UNKNOWN Trailer Aug 23, 2017, 18:26 Task

I don't mean the story looks great or imaginative by any means, just that it looks like pure schlock excellence.  

News Comments > ACE COMBAT 7: SKIES UNKNOWN Trailer
1. Re: ACE COMBAT 7: SKIES UNKNOWN Trailer Aug 22, 2017, 18:15 Task

I have never played an Ace Combat. The story beats they are going for in this one heavily remind me of certain anime, which is pretty cool. Anime with Jets, Jets and Anime. It just works.  

News Comments > GWENT: Thronebreaker Announced
1. Re: GWENT: Thronebreaker Announced Aug 22, 2017, 18:08 Task

Nice, yet more stuff from the books. Meve (from Blood of Elves) and on, the "White Queen", the only ruler of the Northern Kingdoms after the death of Calanthe (Ciri's Grandmother). Meve was the one who knighted Geralt after the "Battle for the Bridge on the Yaruga" (spanish illustration) in which he offically became known as "Geralt of Rivia."

I always get a kick out of how much of super fans they are of the book series - if it wasn't for them bringing Witcher 1 to the West, I never would have known about the books at all. Anyways, this is exactly what I was waiting for with Gwent, since they mentioned early on they would add SP stuff to it.

This comment was edited on Aug 22, 2017, 18:19.

News Comments > Age of Empires 4 and More Definitive Editions Announced
2. Re: Age of Empires 4 and More Definitive Editions Announced Aug 21, 2017, 18:23 Task

Hmm, that AoE IV trailer showed artwork depicting multiple historical Eras, from AoE 1 all the way to AoE 3.  

News Comments > Prey Trial Version Released
16. Re: Prey Trial Version Released Aug 16, 2017, 23:38 Task

I think it's easier just to forget that its Prey related or System Shock. Prey is a portal fps game and a real System Shock 3 is in the works, so it can't really be SS3 either. If it helps, just rename this game "Talos I". A free-form FPS that takes ideas or inspirations from other games.  

News Comments > Ken Follett's The Pillars of the Earth Released
8. Re: Ken Follett's The Pillars of the Earth Released Aug 16, 2017, 08:29 Task

Who knows, we have yet to see Cutter's masterpiece storybook drawn game for comparison.  

News Comments > Blizzard's Battle.net Brand Returns
14. Re: Blizzard's Battle.net Brand Returns Aug 15, 2017, 21:55 Task

Probably off topic, but since the SC Remaster was released yesterday I was looking around my older hard drive and realized I still have the original SC patched to 1.16.1 on it. And what do you know, I was digging around and found the discs on my shelf too.  

News Comments > StarCraft Remastered Released
4. Re: StarCraft Remastered Released Aug 14, 2017, 22:28 Task

MacLeod wrote on Aug 14, 2017, 20:15:
wait... I'm confused... I need Starcraft to buy Starcraft Remastered? (according to the page)

Yup. Requires their Digital version of Starcraft Anthology Vanilla, which is free.

News Comments > BATTLETECH Delayed
2. Re: BATTLETECH Delayed Aug 14, 2017, 18:47 Task

I am Ok with this.  

2613 Comments. 131 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo