Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
United Kingdom 06/02

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Luke

Real Name Luke   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Task
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 29, 2007, 09:10
Total Comments 2550 (Senior)
User ID 37119

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. May 20, 2017, 11:08 Task

I don't get why they added Predators that are fighting with Aliens in that mod.  

Playing: Dragon Quest 1, Bravely Default
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Paradox Publishing BATTLETECH; Backer Beta Next Month
4. Re: Paradox Publishing BATTLETECH; Backer Beta Next Month May 12, 2017, 17:58 Task

Game looks good. The indirect fire looks way too exploitable though and potentially overwhelming, probably going to bring it up on their forum.

Indirect Fire is only supposed to occur when a unit declares it is "spotting" for other units, during a combat turn. A unit that 'spots' does not get to also fire. The way they have it now is any unit is freely spotting while also moving around and shooting at something in LOS. This is especially relevant in 'low-tech' 3025 era. Special Indirect Fire rules and tools come into play with other tech like Narcs, TAG, and C3 Networks.

So really what should be occurring in that video, is when Mitch Gitelman's units have LOS on Mike's units it shouldn't give a free spot without declaring. It would be Mitch declaring a Mech (like say a light, harder to hit) hits a "spot" button (like in MegaMek) on a combat turn. On the next phase, the Mech Mike can't see (the Catapult) will be able to indirectly fire on the "spotted" (painted) Mech unless the other player correctly determines the spotter and somehow knocks it down in time or destroys it.

News Comments > Mass Effect Series on Hold?
13. Re: Mass Effect Series on Hold? May 10, 2017, 23:42 Task

Just the death knell of another company consumed by EA. Move along now, move along. It's time to accept that none of the 3 divisions of Bioware are the old Bioware.  

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 10, 2017, 11:20 Task

Another company to bite the dust under see EA?  

News Comments > Starbreeze Promises Livestream Announcements
1. Re: Starbreeze Promises Livestream Announcements May 6, 2017, 17:38 Task

Nice, will definitely check this out if not for System Shock 3 alone.

Warren Specter on the Deus Ex Postmortem was pretty cool too, so I can't wait to see what kind of ideas they are brewing for SS3.

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews May 6, 2017, 17:23 Task

GGgmanlives review for Prey 2017: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwzKboA81o8  

News Comments > Prey Released
28. Re: Prey Released May 5, 2017, 21:47 Task

Eh, I only complained about the name being confusing and how it would have been cool to see a game that continues the adventures of Tommy in particular. I can't be the only one that finds it annoying, when any media uses the exact name of something as its own. AvP 2010 for example, should have just been called AvP3 or AvP: <Insert Name>, etc. It's confusing as fuck to have to go back and search when the original 'thing' was released (i.e., now 'Prey' for the historical record is "Prey 2006" and "Prey 2017"). DooM and DooM. RoboCop and RoboCop, etc.

In any case, this game Talos-I looks like it's fine and my kind of game. Also, they should release Prey 1 digitally. That would be nice.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance May 5, 2017, 20:28 Task

So if you're getting hacked and/or the government of said country just 'can not' , blame Russia. I have always found it fascinating how obsessed and hell bent Western Nations are in subduing Russia. Most Americans probably aren't even aware, but very recently General Curtis M. Scaparrotti gave the dumbest speech I have ever read that reads like something out of 1950 or the "War Room" scene from Dr. Strangelove claiming that Russia is "the enemy of Europe." Sounds like something Nazi Germany would say. Russia is the enemy? My ass.

The U.S. and NATO are just constantly itching to use their gross and over-bloated military budgets (namely the U.S.) that completely dwarfs Russia and China as a distraction. As if they haven't fucked up enough Nations from their Imperial March. Meanwhile our children and their children will be paying off the trillions in unpayable debt until it collapses. Some crazy ass shit going down these days and after watching a South Korean protest of THAAD rolling into people's villages and watching their cries of anguish as our idiot leaders tell them it is for "their safety" it makes me feel horrible. End Rant.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black May 5, 2017, 19:59 Task

Don't want to watch in case of spoilers :\. I'll see if it sucks or not when its out.  

24. Re: Prey Released May 5, 2017, 19:56 Task

El Pit wrote on May 5, 2017, 17:39:
KS wrote on May 5, 2017, 17:35:
Shut off the artificial gravity and blow them into space.

Where is Ripley when you really need her?

She's dead Jim. A gigantic furnace got her man.

23. Re: Prey Released May 5, 2017, 19:53 Task

Still thinking calling it 'Prey' is silly - it's simply being used for name brand recognition.

Game looks like a 'possible' classic in its own way though. I'd probably buy it on steam just to rename it Talos I, Talos Shock, or Typhon Shock to confuse my friends ;).

Now, in the mean time, why doesn't ZeniMax allow the re-release of the original Prey? It's a historical game and belongs to the people man - partner up with Steam and Gog and release it digitally.

News Comments > X-Wing XWVM Mod Video
25. Re: X-Wing XWVM Mod Video May 1, 2017, 22:45 Task

jdreyer wrote on May 1, 2017, 20:08:
Task wrote on May 1, 2017, 19:30:
Eh, but does it integrate with the excellent interactive menu is the real question. Without that, it's a bust for me.
This is just a game engine replacement. You need to own the original. They are doing other cool stuff like redoing the dynamic MIDI soundtrack.

A game engine replacement for just the in flight stuff? I get that it is a mod, but I want to know if I load up the game the menu is still there and when I press Fly after a mission briefing that it looks like that.

News Comments > X-Wing XWVM Mod Video
21. Re: X-Wing XWVM Mod Video May 1, 2017, 19:30 Task

Eh, but does it integrate with the excellent interactive menu is the real question. Without that, it's a bust for me.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII In November
19. Re: Call of Duty: WWII In November Apr 26, 2017, 18:50 Task

More like 'saw what was happening' and then joined the plot to kill Hitler. A lot of Germans that hated Nazism in the army or otherwise also ended up in concentration camps or simply hung if they were found out.

That's besides the point though, if we think of CoD as purely 'war' stories, here are 5-6+ ideas just off the top of my head:

- American 'Not another Normandy story': An entire Tunisian, Sicilian, and Gothic Line (Italy) Campaign
- British: Entire Burma Campaign, The Invasion of France and Dunkirk, etc.
- German: Literally any front, no FPS-type game from this perspective (only thing I can think of terms of 'story' are RTS games). Examples of stories centered around any of these: Escaping the Korsun Pocket, Early War-through Late War (successes to late war defeat), Operation Bagration (think something like 'Crosses of Iron), a German Fallshirmjager
- Japan: Easy, holdouts such as the Fox of Saipan and others, or a Philippines campaign
- Polish: Early War invasion of Poland, survive and become a Partisan eventually linking up with Russians in late war (OR escaping Poland and joining the "Polish Armed Forces" which included anyone from deserted German Wehrmacht, Russian Evacuees, Polish Evacuees, Evacuees from France)
- Finnish: Easy, the Winter War (and Continuation War).
- Russian: Surviving Operation Barbarossa and end at a major battle such as Budapest or Berlin. Other ideas would be Early War and are pushed back to Sevastopol and surrounded, captured, and escaping to become a Partisan.

And that's not even covering a quarter of possibilities. Plenty of nationalities for a character: Hungarian, French, Vichy French, Scottish, Romanian, Italian, etc. + any number of conflict areas.

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII In November
10. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 26, 2017, 15:45 Task

Lol I tooootally called it. Just another rehash with 'wow da graphics' and ww2 literally only existing in Normandy and only Amerika won it. All other Nations, especially if they were an 'enemy' get no survive the war story. Hop on an AA gun a 'viscerally' and unrealistically shoot at Stukas G-1s, which are for some reason wasting anti tank shells on infantry. Bonus scenes for COD-Bros with a 'gritty' skull smashing scene inspiring them to sign up at their local recruiter.  

News Comments > Starfighter Origins Tomorrow
22. Re: Starfighter Origins Tomorrow Apr 24, 2017, 19:05 Task

Hmm, I wonder that engine that is. Sure reminds of Freepsace - the leader designer did mention having experience with freespace modding.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII Announced
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 21, 2017, 19:55 Task

If there is something new and interesting like a German, Japanese, Finnish, Italian, Romanian, etc story I'm interested. Or even Polish, French, British (in Pacific or Burma), or Russian campaigns. If not, it's going to be the same shit like storming the beach! Or parachuting in the Bocage, greatest hits! with 'wow, the grafix.' Less explored battles or Nations, and less emphasis on kill kounts for kids, more about the futility and horror of war.  

News Comments > Saints Row 2 Free on GOG.com
10. Re: Saints Row 2 Free on GOG.com Apr 20, 2017, 18:29 Task

Game of the Century Edition, funny.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer
12. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Apr 16, 2017, 10:14 Task

From the sounds of it tokens or something like it will still present, since what I read said you need to collect a "resource" to spawn as a vehicle. Sigh. They really want to double down on that shit don't they - how hard is it for them to make it like the first Battlefronts. The one redeeming aspect of this is that it sounds more like there won't be a physical, unimmersive floating token you have to race to. The vehicles were physical spawned resources that you have to hop into to make use of in the earlier ones. They also mentioned like someone said below about revamped Hoth level - mentioning "AT-AT" but not if they are fully and dynamically driveable.

This comment was edited on Apr 16, 2017, 10:52.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Teaser
6. Re: Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Plans Apr 15, 2017, 09:17 Task

VaranDragon wrote on Apr 15, 2017, 03:01:
So they are teasing Tie fighter gameplay? For a Battlefront game? Lying sons of bitches, and retarded gamers will still fall for it....

Well that's what I was saying last time in prediction of the "story," it's the same leaked footage. Some sort of sob story to keep fighting for the Emperor (woooo, yeh fight for evvvvil!), Imperialism/Empire is Good, Imperial Remnant thing. Perhaps it has a "twist" and she witnesses atrocities or something.

2550 Comments. 128 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo