Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Luke

Real Name Luke   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Task
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 29, 2007, 09:10
Total Comments 2661 (Senior)
User ID 37119

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Remastered System Shock on Hiatus
49. Re: Remastered System Shock on Hiatus Feb 18, 2018, 09:46 Task

I have the same outlook as Jeryk.

My backed projects to date and not all of these are games:

Delivered/Successful
Torment
Divinity Original Sin 2
Wasteland 2
Shadowrun: Hong Kong
Wasteland Playing Cards
Numenera: Into The Ninth World
Bring Back Mystery Science Theater 3000
Riding Bean High Octane Edition Anime Blu-ray

In Process/Dev
Battletech
System Shock
Copper Dreams
Arcadian Atlas
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
Toejam and Earl: Back in the Groove
The Bards Tale IV
The Arthurian Playing Cards
Simulacra Games: The Wilson Wolfe Affair

Usually I'm confident the product will deliver for what I backed, but at the same time I understand the risks - in general I still support KS as a platform.

This comment was edited on Feb 18, 2018, 10:15.

MekPak Variants Mod - BattleTech Beta
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Remastered System Shock on Hiatus
10. Re: Remastered System Shock on Hiatus Feb 16, 2018, 21:02 Task

Hmm, unfortunately this marks the first time a KS I backed might not pan out. That's the nature of this stuff I guess, usually Board Games and PnP these days on KS are far more prevalent.

Crossing my fingers they get a publisher deal to inject money into finishing it at least. Otherwise I can live with playing the original.

News Comments > Senator Presses FTC and ESRB on Loot Boxes
17. Re: Senator Presses FTC and ESRB on Loot Boxes Feb 15, 2018, 16:29 Task

It would be nice if publishers/developers simply stopped adding loot boxes as a thing. Thankfully I can still choose games that simply don't have it, at this point in time. Heck, they even added lootboxes to one game I despise above all others, even more than Elder Scrolls and Elder Scrolls: Fallout, and that would be MWO - Mech Warrior is dead as a franchise as far as I'm concerned when its currently base wish for "MWO2" - "Please Sir, could I have some more F2P Grind and Lootboxes!"  

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Feb 14, 2018, 22:57 Task

Seeing as CD Projekt seems to treat an IP with respect to its source, a Star Wars RPG in their style would be interesting. But really any Star Wars game, imo, would be welcome for any genre by established developers: RTS, FPS (Jedi Knight), Adventure, Space Sim, Arcade Sim (i.e., another Rogue Squad, ideally for Switch pleas). Plenty of possibilities to explore like there used to be a long time ago.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Feb 14, 2018, 19:51 Task

Disney should simply allow more publishers a chance at the Star Wars IP. Some are bound to be shit, while others might be Gold.  

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Feb 14, 2018, 12:08 Task

Not understanding the appeal of a Call of Duty film, since every entry is pretty different, and they are essentially interactive over-the-top-Bay films in game format.  

News Comments > THQ Nordic Buying Koch Media
11. Re: THQ Nordic Buying Koch Media Feb 14, 2018, 12:05 Task

Wasn't it THQ that went bankrupt back in the day? Apparently CD Projekt dodged a bullet and made the right call back then by not signing a contract with them for Witcher 2.

(found the article regarding the above)

News Comments > Kingdom Come: Deliverance Delivered
13. Re: Open and empty... Feb 14, 2018, 09:46 Task

Jagacademy wrote on Feb 14, 2018, 09:13:
When I think of an "open world" game, I think of Elder Scrolls, Fallout, etc, where there is a lot to discover.

In other words games where you can let your brain go on auto-pilot, not much thought, little C&C, crafting and junk collecting, discovering skeletons in 'poses' that tell deep stories, etc. Since you know, Bethesda - Bethesda Never Changes.

News Comments > Kingdom Come: Deliverance Delivered
7. Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance Delivered Feb 14, 2018, 00:18 Task

Wolfenstein II: 16k
Resident Evil 7: 18k
ELEX: 23k
Prey: 25k
Kingdom Come: Deliverance: 68k
Total Warhammer II: 72k
Divinity: Original Sin II: 93k
PUBG: 3236k

Pretty impressive for a first time Indie title going all in on 'aaa'-RPG vibe. Probably because there really isn't much like this setting on the market with more realistic mechanics (or trying to pass as that anyways). It seems like once the quirks/kinks are worked out (apparently there will be another patch in 2 weeks), this seems like one of those European Cult Classic RPG scenarios. Thinking back to the days of things like Gothic 1 and Witcher 1 then inspired by that.

Man it would be sweet if they made the next game, if this does well, and transported the setting further back to Magna Germania or 8th Century England during the Viking Invasions. There's some definite possibilities for this type of game, if it does pretty well for them, with the more niche historical simulation game this is trying to be.

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Feb 13, 2018, 19:13 Task

I've read a few reviews so far, including Game Nexus, Game Watcher, PC Gamer, and RPS for Kingdom Come and they all sound positive on the historical world and intricate 'realism'-esque mechanics built in the game. It definitely sounds like it'll be a cult classic sort of game in the RPG genre with quirks but plenty of charm.

"Historical Simulation with RPG Elements" is exactly what I've wanted to see made for a long time, although Warband is close it is more akin to a Sandbox which is fine too - overall its refreshing seeing European RPG's that try new things. I also love how the UI and all the artwork in the game looks specific to the period.

News Comments > Kingdom Come: Deliverance Launch Trailer
2. Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance Launch Trailer Feb 13, 2018, 08:43 Task

I've been looking forward to this one, although I'm probably not buying it right off. I have a feeling its going to be a hit or a sleeper hit rpg either way, since there simply are extremely few medieval rpg's without a fantasy angle. Plus this has the faux-simulation aspect for sword combat.  

News Comments > Sunday Patches
9. Re: Sunday Patches Feb 12, 2018, 00:00 Task

Pretty cool documentary about Gothic and the Witcher.

How GOTHIC Influenced THE WITCHER game. In it, there are some interviews with CD Projekt developers and they explain how they feel current Elder Scrolls (oblivion and later) really lack agency and are almost too much 'sandbox'.

I know one of the topics is simply about a patch for FO4, but I found it interesting.

I wish these "neo"-Fallout's focused more on better rpg elements like the originals rather than the newest trends of stuffing in obnoxious crafting and loot collecting, combined with the janky game engine they use. The more of these trends I see, the less I play these new games and go back to more interesting stuff like Wasteland 1 or Quest for Glory.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 9, 2018, 14:06 Task

I was going to say the same thing - the article says a console release is happening later.  

News Comments > Close Combat Storms GOG.com
2. Re: Close Combat Storms GOG.com Feb 6, 2018, 19:11 Task

Hmm, I've never actually played a Close Combat. Just Combat Mission and Sudden Strike. This is definitely tempting, I wonder if they are working on bringing the first one to gog as well? And after looking at the Matrix Games site, there are bunch of other ones too: Last Stand Arnhem, The Longest Day, Cross of Iron, and Wacht am Rhein of which some are modern remakes of their original titles.

This comment was edited on Feb 6, 2018, 19:22.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
2. Re: Morning Interviews Feb 5, 2018, 19:22 Task

That phrase gets tossed around a lot, "hasn't aged well." Do any of you watch classic Black and White films? Just enjoy it for what it is. People will say the same phrase about 'modern games' 20 or more years from now, a new age of 'haven't aged well' games.  

News Comments > Space Hulk: Tactics Announced
2. Re: Space Hulk: Tactics Announced Feb 2, 2018, 18:31 Task

Another take on this again huh. I definitely enjoyed Space Hulk Ascension (different developer).  

News Comments > Respawn's Star Wars Expected in FY2020
25. Re: Respawn's Star Wars Expected in FY2020 Jan 31, 2018, 23:09 Task

El Pit wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 17:03:

Well...
1. Original trilogy
2. The Force Awakens/Revenge of the Sith (tie)
3. Attack of the Clones/The Last Jedi (tie)
4. The Ewok movies
5. The Holiday Special
6. The animated series
7. A blank screen
8. The Phantom Menace (Plan 9 From Outer Space II)

Holiday Special above Phantom Menace? LoL what?

News Comments > Age of Empires: Definitive Edition Next Month; Beta Expanding
1. Re: Age of Empires: Definitive Edition Next Month; Beta Expanding Jan 18, 2018, 22:42 Task

The original games came with a reference card, that was how we survived without in-game tech tree yo.  

News Comments > Petroglyph Sought Star Wars: Empire At War Sequel
17. Re: Petroglyph Sought Star Wars: Empire At War Sequel Jan 18, 2018, 18:51 Task

It was alright when I played it, which wasn't for very long. I didn't like the ground battle stuff either, as some of you are mentioning, which for me was a main reason why I didn't continue playing it even though the space battle stuff was fun. After that I went back to the old Rebellion game, which I still play occasionally to this day.

In any case, it's a shame more types of Star Wars are just not made anymore with interesting takes or risks like Empire at War. So far there have been the two Battlefronts by EA and some mobile stuff. I feel all the innovation and risk-taking with the Star Wars IP is largely gone for video game media.

News Comments > PC FINAL FANTASY XV in March; Specs [Updated]
18. Re: PC FINAL FANTASY XV in March; Specs [Updated] Jan 16, 2018, 18:17 Task

When people state that a publisher/developer cuts content, does one mean to say they think they did it on purpose? I mean FF15 was in development for a long time, at some point a developer has to say 'ok, we have to test what we have and prepare for release, we won't have time to add other planned additions in this phase.' Considering how much DLC it appears they added for this game, I don't think it would have possible to include all of that on release, including what appears to be additional story parts rather than dress up dlc.

Anyways, that Hard Drive space requirement... dude. I mean I want to get this game eventually, if its all on discs for PS4 (for anyone that does have the PS4 version, is that the case?), that would be easier for me personally than taking up 100+ gigs on my computer.

2661 Comments. 134 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo