Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Luke

Real Name Luke   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Task
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 29, 2007, 09:10
Total Comments 2583 (Senior)
User ID 37119

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Jul 21, 2017, 18:36 Task

That HL2 documentary is pretty cool - lot's of information in there I never knew about.  

MekPak Variants Mod - BattleTech Beta
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII Nazis Trailer
2. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Nazis Trailer Jul 20, 2017, 21:12 Task

Return to Castle Wolfenstein 2017 Multiplayer, interesting  

News Comments > Splash Damage and Wargaming Collaboration
8. Re: Splash Damage and Wargaming Collaboration Jul 18, 2017, 18:33 Task

jdreyer wrote on Jul 18, 2017, 17:09:

Still I get your point: a good standalone game is much preferred over free to play.

Always. There's also just something good about that feeling of ownership of a non-f2p title. I get way more out of such games than I ever have a f2p game.

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Patch Tuesday
13. Re: MechWarrior Online Patch Tuesday Jul 17, 2017, 15:17 Task

Orogogus wrote on Jul 17, 2017, 15:08:
I think the challenge was a lot lower back in the day just because the terrain in MW2 (and 3) was so flat, making animation less of an issue. Still, there are games that have 4-legged walkers. I know the latest EDF game had one, and that game has hilly terrain and caves to deal with. And there are Star Wars games with AT-ATs, although I don't think they go walking over any hills.

Yes I know. If you haven't though check out the latest Q&A video from HBS. I think that animator has the best answer for when presented with a challenge - just go for it and get as far as you can before hitting that wall. I don't know what EDF is btw.

12. Re: MechWarrior Online Patch Tuesday Jul 17, 2017, 15:12 Task

Orogogus wrote on Jul 17, 2017, 14:17:
Primalchrome wrote on Jul 17, 2017, 11:40:
Much better even in beta than the old MechAssault games.

Do you mean MechCommander? Comparing to MechAssault seems about as relevant as comparing to... I don't know, the card game.

I still don't understand why people give MechAssault a bad rap. It wasn't supposed to be the pinnacle of canon - it was simply a console game with BattleTech Mechs in it, and from understanding, it was a top pick for XBox owners and well rated by them. And that other game MechCommander is considered on the only and best "RTS" versions of BattleTech Related-Things™.

In the usual fashion though, people that still play MWO still seem to get defensive. I don't like playing it or having to grind hours on end like a lemming, that's all. I want all Mechs for 50$ and the ability to mod, which is basically what I'm getting with HBS BattleTech, so at least that's something.

10. Re: MechWarrior Online Patch Tuesday Jul 17, 2017, 14:51 Task

Peter M. Smith wrote on Jul 17, 2017, 14:04:
Task wrote on Jul 17, 2017, 11:29:
Regards to this thread, one thing that would genuinely impress me with MWO is if they actually added a Scorpion or Goliath. There has been no quad in MW game since 2.

Getting the animation worked out so the Quads would move without looking stupid? Good luck with that.

Um, ok? Challenge accepted. Someone has made a scorpion model for BT and they are hoping to import it in - just needs animation (the tricky part). In the BT Q&A (going off topic again), one of the animators said don't discount a Mech like a Scorpion, because to her its an interesting challenge as an animator. It's better to think like that imo. Back in the day of MW2, since it was a premium game, they added the Scorpion for "fun" and for the challenge of coding a 4 legged 'Mech.

6. Re: MechWarrior Online Patch Tuesday Jul 17, 2017, 11:29 Task

Peter M. Smith wrote on Jul 17, 2017, 11:08:
I just took a look at the link in your sig, that's some pretty cool stuff going on.

Indeed. It's going to be crazy once the full game is out.

Regards to this thread, one thing that would genuinely impress me with MWO is if they actually added a Scorpion or Goliath. There has been no quad in MW game since 2.

4. Re: MechWarrior Online Patch Tuesday Jul 17, 2017, 09:41 Task

Peter M. Smith wrote on Jul 17, 2017, 08:37:
Ozmodan wrote on Jul 17, 2017, 07:31:
I am surprised this game is still running. I would have thought by now the whales would have left for new horizons.

The longer this game runs, the more BattleMechs are available for HBS's BattleTech game. For that reason alone I wish MWO the greatest success.

That's one point, however they (the BattleTech HBS game community) figured out how to add custom 3D models into BattleTech and other cool stuff. And that is pretty amazing considering the game is just in Beta and we have this knowledge available already. You can export models from 3DSmax, Blender, etc. into the model format Unity uses. So regardless if MWO continues or not, missing Mechs will be added over time so the BattleTech game will be quite literally Open Season for modding. Personally I think that's a positive thing, since relying on a completely different game for 3D models just isn't going to cut it when some of us want stuff like Scorpions and Stingers.

That means there could be loads of custom content in the future of that game. And that has me kind of excited, since for the first time in 10 years, I'm reading up on tutorials again for 3D modeling, animating, etc.

2. Re: MechWarrior Online Patch Tuesday Jul 17, 2017, 08:36 Task

Well same as any f2p that someone is addicted to. Sort of like gambling (doing something over and over) once you have hundreds or thousands invested in doing it, they get hooked into the same endless cycle. In this case for MWO, I think it's also a case of the remaining high spenders being highly afraid this game is the 'last' multiplayer-MW-esque thing (even if its a shoddier version of MW4 multiplayer).  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
1. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jul 8, 2017, 10:19 Task

Pence saying and thinking Mars and the Cosmos are essentially for 'American Boots' is more funny to me than that Do Not Touch thing, when its really an International mission.  

News Comments > Unannounced Five Nights at Freddy's Game Cancelled
3. Re: Unannounced Five Nights at Freddy's Game Cancelled Jul 3, 2017, 12:10 Task

Pizza Tycoon sounds like fun.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 2, 2017, 11:06 Task

#remembertheMarsChildren lol. I needed a good laugh this morning, now to make brunch.  

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER 2 Trailer
2. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER 2 Trailer Jun 22, 2017, 08:11 Task

This is essentially an expansion if I'm not mistaken, if you have the first (I do not) and this, they combine into one game.  

News Comments > Agony Delayed; New Trailer
5. Re: Agony Delayed; New Trailer Jun 17, 2017, 10:07 Task

Looks suitably creepy enough to me.  

News Comments > Warcraft III and Diablo II Remaster Plans?
18. Re: On Overwatch Mei Skins Jun 16, 2017, 20:57 Task

Quinn wrote on Jun 16, 2017, 18:05:
I'm stunned and clueless. Why not Starcraft 3? Why not Warcraft 4? I just finished Warcraft 3 and there's NOTHING wrong with it. I'd be fuuuucking excited for Warcraft 4. Holy shit...!

Last I read, Blizzard said they would "consider" Warcraft 4 after StarCraft 2.

News Comments > Age of Empires: Definitive Edition Announced
6. Re: Age of Empires: Definitive Edition Announced Jun 13, 2017, 08:25 Task

Hopefully the cheat codes will be intact haha.  

News Comments > Anthem Gameplay Trailer
21. Re: Anthem Gameplay Trailer Jun 12, 2017, 21:10 Task

Hmm, if I say something negative about Bioware or Destiny-likes I'll probably trigger somebody.

So I'll just say - Not Interested in this.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Origins Officially Announced
16. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Officially Announced Jun 12, 2017, 21:06 Task

Well this should be interesting, especially since the series is built on "Ancient Aliems" and what not lol. Maybe a SG-1 tie-in? Eh, eh? Personally I was always more a fan of the original AC setting in the Middle East.

Anyways, I think it's cool that they are showing what that area is theorized to have looked like in ancient times. The Pyramid was covered in that smooth outer casing stone, plus the cap, and if it still existed, would be seen from space. They called it the "Glorious Light." Plus it looks like the Nile (assuming that's what that body of water is) is shown coming up right to the Pyramids. Being able to explore that in a game is pretty cool. I've always wanted to go to Egypt and see it in person, but that probably won't happen in my life.

Other fun stuff they can explore: the great pyramid is aligned true north with 3/60th degree of error and stuff like that. Humans at that time seemed to have been way smarter than we give them credit, hyper obsessed/knowledgeable with precision and math, and even astronomy. I just hope they don't go to much with "oh yeah, uh, it was all precise and we can't do this stuff anymore because ALIENS" but I don't mind a little fun make believe if they add it - pretty much what the series is about anyways.

News Comments > Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Officially Revealed
28. Re: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Officially Revealed Jun 12, 2017, 20:49 Task

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 19:15:
Icewind wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 18:04:
So the KKK is in the trailer working alongside the Nazis...

Guess the writers never got the memo that the Klan is a masonic organization and Hitler was vehemently anti Freemason.
I missed the part where they said the game was historically accurate.
Must have been during the flame throwing robo dog part of the trailer.

The robot dog is historically accurate for sure.

News Comments > Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Officially Revealed
27. Re: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Officially Revealed Jun 12, 2017, 20:47 Task

T-t-triggggered!

Say, no promises BluesNews folks, but I'll make a mod for this game. It may cause some triggers for 'Pubs and 'Crats. For the main bosses of the game I'll include some high-res, shoddy face textures of Donald Chump and Hitlary. No promises, but I may also include Bullshit Johnson. It will also include some cool sound voice effects.

Look out for my mod in the future. Not sure what it should be called though. Wolftenstein II: The Godwinning HD Edition? The Hitler Within? The Don and Hill Edition?

2583 Comments. 130 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo