Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Luke

Real Name Luke   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Task
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 29, 2007, 09:10
Total Comments 2800 (Senior)
User ID 37119

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
11. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 10, 2018, 22:00 Task

SlimRam wrote on Aug 10, 2018, 16:56:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Aug 10, 2018, 15:20:
I'm just waiting for Timmeh to show up. Popcorn
I'd be disappointed if Timmeh didn't show up

You have to say it 3 times.

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
10. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 9, 2018, 16:23 Task

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 9, 2018, 02:18:
When he got a quantum computer for which he then needs a x86 emulator to even run his emulators no doubt

Emulator-ception lol. Really only a digital museum would need every ROM or ISO, etc. - ever. For me personally, I only keep the ones I like. There are over 700 SNES games and most of them suck, but hey at least the option is there for those that really want alll of them.

4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 8, 2018, 23:52 Task

SirKnight wrote on Aug 8, 2018, 22:30:
Nooooooooooooo!
I better look for other locations that's still up and get while I can.

I get my rom packs from those that host them on their google drive. Don't worry, they ain't going anywhere.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 8, 2018, 12:14 Task

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 8, 2018, 10:19:
Why would they? They still let preZident cheeto use the platform and he spreads just as much racial hatred and as many if not more lies than jones ever did.

Not to mention tweeting pre-meditated war crimes.

8. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 4, 2018, 13:09 Task

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 4, 2018, 12:06:
The 4th Estate is the enemy of the people

Old news dude, The Fourth Estate is Dead. Death of The Fourth Estate. An old term that does not even describe today's brand of corporate media.

"Because our uninformed electorate craves the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought, today’s affirmation and checkbook journalists thrive and flourish.

The days of Bill Paley long gone, today’s media moguls prefer theatre to truth."

I've turned off MSN, CNN, Fox, for years. If I want some semblance of activism or political news there's stuff like Democracy Now or The Real News network to watch online.

1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 3, 2018, 19:19 Task

lol the Trump Admin can fuck right off.  

News Comments > World of Warcraft Cinematic
7. Re: World of Warcraft Cinematic Aug 3, 2018, 18:06 Task

I want a Warcraft game to look and play like that instead of mashing a skill bar.  

News Comments > Yakuza 0 on Steam
2. Re: Yakuza 0 on Steam Aug 1, 2018, 13:10 Task

I was watching some videos on this and I like how the game transitions from being like a completely serious Takeshi Kitano gangster film combined with straight up comedy action fighting where people have heaps of Yen fly out of them when punched.  

News Comments > I'm not a Monster Beta Demo
5. Re: I'm not a Monster Beta Demo Jul 26, 2018, 10:00 Task

The retro sci-fi art is pretty spot on lol.  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jul 26, 2018, 09:34 Task

I've noticed that Facebook push notifications are enabled with the latest updates to Windows 7.  

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Jul 24, 2018, 10:43 Task

That GoG doc was excellent. They are definitely doing important work, it was interesting to hear about how much work can go into getting the rights and/or making a game compatible with modern systems.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 23, 2018, 12:04 Task

That sucks about the ROMS, I've used LovedROMS before to add to my Nintendo collection on a RetroPie setup. There are plenty more places to get them from though, I have backups myself and there are large packs of roms that people also host on google drive and other places. Having a physical console and buying the actual carts, which Nintendo do not sell anymore, or have a virtual version of is just too cost prohibitive for me so having a ROM and Emulation, works best for my needs. It's also one of the only ways I can download and play translated Japanese games.

That being said, it is Nintendo's stuff, but I think it would be better if they invest in creating and selling their own emulation software separate from their consoles and have a catalog of ROMs to buy and download. Technically they already have with the mini consoles they released, but those are limited to the games on them unless you mod them - they could just further develop that emulation software and make it available on PC or compatible for RPi3, then let people buy/download roms.

This comment was edited on Jul 23, 2018, 12:17.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
19. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 19, 2018, 10:07 Task

Beamer wrote on Jul 19, 2018, 08:29:
By "Iraq War," I assume you mean the weapons of mass destruction, correct? That wasn't fake news! It was a lie from the government, but not fake news by the MSM. We had no strong reason to doubt what was being said, no evidence to the contrary, and no way to get any evidence to the contrary. On issues like this, the government will always be the sole source. That they lied is shitty, but you can't blame the MSM for their lie. How should the MSM have handled it? There was literally no way for them to prove this incorrect, and nothing other than gut feelings, which not even everyone had. Contrast that with, say, inauguration crowds, which had multiple sources and images to prove government lies.

Fake News is such a dumb term. Let's call it by what it is, propaganda or the willful spread, ignorant or not of said government propaganda in the case of wars.

I think you know full well that the MSM can be blamed in those instances for regurgitating what the government says. How would the media or people know? If the government were a person, are their lips moving? They're probably lying. Think about any interference in a country or war the U.S. has committed to since the end of WW2 BEFORE even Iraq, a good portion of them all started with obfuscation of facts (twisting intelligence to fit a narrative), outright lies, and 'false flag' incidents. It has been the U.S. government's basic M.O. almost every single time.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me, fool me thrice, shame on both of us.

Here is a very clear example: The "Nayirah Testimony" of 1990 is famous for being the most sophisticated propaganda at that time, which was aired to millions of Americans. George Bush Sr. repeated the lies numerous times and helped stir Americans, yet again, in participation of war (1st Gulf War).

There were people at that time sounding alarms for the second Iraq War too, but Americans were suckered in for some red hot killin' time after 9/11 and were easily manipulated. The media, as the Fourth Estate, is supposed to be impartially holding the government's feet to the fire regardless of which party is in power, but it just isn't that way anymore. Trump's air campaigns in the Middle East have killed scores more civilians than orders under Obama, but do we get to hear about that in our nightly news? How many times have Americans been deceived about interfering in Afghanistan, Syria, Ukraine, and Libya? Plenty.

But anyways I agree with the infowars stuff. People like Alex Jones are charlatans and fantasy land crap like Lizard People. I just don't agree that the media can't be held accountable for spreading government lies, whether its Trumps Faux Noise or MSNBC.

15. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 19, 2018, 09:28 Task

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 18, 2018, 22:00:
China is quickly changing so who knows how it looks in 30 years.. but one thing is for certain, 4 years of Trump will make sure nobody wants to be like the USA anymore.

The world has disliked America for far longer though, or rather disliked our Foreign Policy. Trump is just the orange icing piled on the shit sandwich.

5. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 18, 2018, 21:39 Task

America won't become China... come on now man. Both countries have distinct histories that led them to how they are today, especially the forms of government.  

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
3. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jun 30, 2018, 11:28 Task

It is what it is, but I don't consider Bethesda jackasses. That's a bit much don't you think?  

News Comments > Battlefield V Gameplay Video
7. Re: Battlefield V Gameplay Video Jun 29, 2018, 14:36 Task

Ground combat looks fun, but the air combat changes where you have to fly through a circle in the air for more ammo is incredibly dumb. Its like the crap floating tokens in Battlefront.

Just create an airfield for each time to land or fly over for refills and make it out of bounds to ground folks and accessible to planes.

If they are trying to introduce limited ammunition and all that for 'teh realismz' then the least they could do is not have floating tokens.

News Comments > WHO Classifies "Gaming Disorder"
4. Re: WHO Classifies Jun 18, 2018, 11:32 Task

I've gamed and can't get up. Please Halp. Call 1-800-GAME.  

News Comments > Sudden Strike 4 - Finland- Winter Storm Released
2. Re: Sudden Strike 4 - Finland- Winter Storm Released Jun 14, 2018, 12:52 Task

Huh, neat. Didn't expect this for SS4.  

2800 Comments. 140 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo