Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Luke

Real Name Luke   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Task
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On April 29, 2007
Supporter -
Total Comments 3025 (Veteran)
User ID 37119

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse

7. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 2, 2020, 20:08 Task

jdreyer wrote on Apr 2, 2020, 15:20:
This Woman Accidentally Turned Herself Into A Potato For A Video Meeting And Couldn't Figure Out How To Fix It. I keep getting teammates who do that in-game.

I've turned into a potato since I started WFH two weeks ago.
I need to start working out again.

Try HasFit on youtube, one of the best at home fitness channels I've found. Been following their monthly fitness program for about a year with definite results. Really nice, positive couple that help motivate you while you follow along with what they are doing. All you'll really need are some different weight dumbbells (2 or 3 different weights as you go up in difficulty) and maybe a cowbell.

Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10

19. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 23, 2020, 10:45 Task

For those of you with games to play, I suppose now is the best time to do so especially if you're stuck at home. I've transitioned to work at home.

I started Doom 2016 for the first time yesterday and also completed Doom 1, Doom 2, and Final Doom for the first time this year. Doom 2016 seems to play for frantically as far as the combat goes, I was very slow and plodding while playing those older Dooms to conserve health/armor/ammo.

News Comments > Half-Life: Alyx Preloads

51. Re: Half-Life: Alyx Preloads Mar 23, 2020, 09:41 Task

Muscular Beaver wrote on Mar 23, 2020, 00:50:
I want to act like in real life, or very close to it, in a VR game. Thats the point.

Maybe one day they'll make some sort of brain interface VR :-D. But then what if someone hacks it so if you die in game you die for real :-O.

44. Re: Half-Life: Alyx Preloads Mar 22, 2020, 18:27 Task

ForgedReality wrote on Mar 22, 2020, 03:03:
My main issue with VR is that you are standing there and you have to teleport around. It removes a lot of the freedom you would have with a traditional game. Seems like it would be a lot of stop-and-go gameplay and it would be easy to overwhelm the player if they had enemies rushing at you. Not to mention the fact that it takes you out of the immersion because you're not actually walking.

Just FYI, Half-Life Alyx supports three types of motive control options: Teleporting (exactly what it means), Shift ("zooming" from spot A to spot B), and Continuous (using the analog stick to make your character walk in any direction). It also supports "Room Scale" or smaller scale standing or sitting setups.

43. Re: Half-Life: Alyx Preloads Mar 22, 2020, 18:20 Task

heroin wrote on Mar 22, 2020, 13:14:
it will just become smaller & sleeker.

Hopefully more wireless too like the Oculus Link. Personally I'd like to invest in getting the Index, but I'm hoping the price goes down a little within a year, but I suppose that depends on the cost of the materials/tech used.

News Comments > DOOM 64 Released

2. Re: DOOM 64 Released Mar 20, 2020, 13:15 Task

Thank you Night Dive studios!  

News Comments > Blade Runner Remake Plans

11. Re: Blade Runner Remake Plans Mar 12, 2020, 19:31 Task

It states right in the announcement they reverse engineered it with an engine they've already been using for the other restored games like Turok and System Shock. The KEX engine. So they already have developed the tools to do it by their enhancement team.

I for one am glad they have been doing this for many old games. A non-issue.

News Comments > Half-Life: Alyx Locomotion Videos

3. Re: Half-Life: Alyx Locomotion Videos Mar 2, 2020, 19:58 Task

Yes, the teleportation method is for motion sickness. It's difficult to trick the brain as the character moves, while you're standing still.  

News Comments > THE DARK PICTURES ANTHOLOGY: LITTLE HOPE This Summer

2. Re: THE DARK PICTURES ANTHOLOGY: LITTLE HOPE This Summer Feb 29, 2020, 11:55 Task

Burrito of Peace wrote on Feb 28, 2020, 21:00:
I'm actually somewhat looking forward to this. I enjoyed the first one more than I thought I would.

Nice, I've wanted to give it a try, but its hard for me to complete scary games.

News Comments > Morning Screenshots

16. Re: Morning Screenshots Feb 27, 2020, 19:42 Task

What if they do both RTwP and TB as a gameplay option? It wouldn't be impossible considering PoE II added it.  

News Comments > etc.

4. Re: etc. Feb 9, 2020, 22:53 Task

That's just one game though. There are dozens of SW game still much better created back when, and in the time EA has had an exclusive license it's been pretty middling in comparison.  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse

3. Re: Saturday Metaverse Feb 8, 2020, 19:56 Task

I read another article somewhere that talks about how alternative energy companies are tackling higher amounts of streaming. Apparently they are making a lot of headway in that field coming up with solutions to this issue.  

News Comments > AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3990X Reviews

2. Re: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3990X Reviews Feb 7, 2020, 11:12 Task

Man what a beast. If I needed to run simulation calculations about the universe, then I'd get one.  

News Comments > Knights of the Old Republic Remake/Sequel Rumor

17. Re: Knights of the Old Republic Remake/Sequel Rumor Jan 24, 2020, 15:44 Task

Could be fake. I'd wait until something more than this. I'll believe it when I see it.  

News Comments > Play the Half-Life Series for Free

12. Re: Play the Half-Life Series for Free Jan 21, 2020, 22:27 Task

The best HL1 TC mod, imo, is Paranoia. You play as a Russian GRU Major, it basically feels like Stalker or Metro as far as the story goes. Very good and freaky as hell. GManLives review.  

News Comments > DOOM Eternal Previews

13. Re: DOOM Eternal Previews Jan 21, 2020, 13:29 Task

Doom Guy is the Predator now.  

News Comments > The Political Machine 2020 Announced

3. Re: The Political Machine 2020 Announced Jan 15, 2020, 22:33 Task

"Free shit" like all that money we pay the Pentagon. Who's gonna pay for those 800 bases?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue

9. Re: Itís twue Jan 6, 2020, 18:42 Task

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 6, 2020, 12:53:

Serious question: Are space aliens, or their half human offspring, Flat Earthers?

Serious Answer: Flat Earthers would be the least likely homo-sapien to be abducted for study. I do listen to a lot of Astonishing Legends, Our Strange Skies, and Somewhere in the Skies podcasts.

News Comments > Morning Patches

3. Re: Morning Patches Jan 2, 2020, 19:13 Task

It would be nice if someone would somehow redo the ground combat.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Hits New High Player Count

33. Re: The Witcher 3 Hits New High Player Count Jan 1, 2020, 16:33 Task

Xero wrote on Dec 31, 2019, 12:48:
It is not a mainstream viewer friendly show. Very hard to get into if you have no idea what you are getting into.

I can see why that would be an issue for people. The original "Hexer" actually started with Geralt's childhood, showing him being mutated, and for the most part is in chronological order. The foundation they have in this season is a definitely a different structure for the primer, but I think the next seasons are going to hit their strides more with the Saga itself and more clearly defined objectives about why Ciri is wanted and why Geralt protects her.

The Witcher books really don't spend a lot of time explaining things, stuff just exists because that's how the world is. In comparison with the same fantasy stuff that exists in Lord of The Rings or Wheel of Time, the later spend a lot of exposition describing almost everything, which I found highly tiresome, but they were entertaining nonetheless.

3025 Comments. 152 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >