Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 07/23

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Drayth

Real Name Drayth   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 24, 2007, 04:01
Total Comments 902 (Graduate)
User ID 36713

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > NVIDIA GTX 1000 Series Announced
65. Re: NVIDIA GTX 1000 Series Announced May 8, 2016, 17:20 Drayth

CJ_Parker wrote on May 8, 2016, 01:48:

If I buy a GTX 1080, I'll be using it to play The Witcher 3 EE/GOTY, E:D, the Crysis series (finally a card that should be able to handle it!), Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Skyrim with mods out da azz

Be aware that on Win 8/10 for Skyrim you get 4 gigs of memory, that's it. Doesn't matter what your video card has, if you throw on a bunch of 4K texture mods your cards are going to hitch like crazy. I keep my mods at 2K with an occasional exception.

Something to do with how newer Windows handle 32 bit applications.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Overwatch Beta Not Changing Much for Launch
53. Re: Overwatch Beta Not Changing Much for Launch May 8, 2016, 17:08 Drayth

Are you using a VPN?  

News Comments > Overwatch Beta Not Changing Much for Launch
35. Re: Overwatch Beta Not Changing Much for Launch May 6, 2016, 19:27 Drayth

Kxmode wrote on May 6, 2016, 17:53:

Overwatch IS a salvage project.

Nothing I've read so far states that they used the assets from Titan to make Overwatch. They may have, or Overwatch may be 100% original. All the article you linked states is that Overwatch was the game they made after they aborted Titan. It's even mildly suggested that they wanted to distance themselves from Titan.

And his analysis is "sound" if you just want to take a totally pessimistic and dismissive view of the game (or any modern game, just look at his post history).

The Unreal 4 engine is available for anyone to mod, so is there a mod out there better than Overwatch? Has more diverse characters? Better graphics? Better gameplay? There's some damn good ones out there, but they took a lot of manpower to make. It takes a lot more work to make a polished game these days than it did in the 90's.

Besides I suspect his real beef is that it's an online only game, so he's going to slam it no matter what it offers.

News Comments > DOOM Launch Trailer & System Requirements
8. Re: DOOM Launch Trailer & System Requirements May 5, 2016, 22:46 Drayth

RedEye9 wrote on May 5, 2016, 20:39:
i see the resemblance https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_BFG_(2016_film)

haha

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The Old Blood with DOOM Pre-Purchases
24. Re: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood with DOOM Pre-Purchases May 5, 2016, 09:58 Drayth

Baristan wrote on May 5, 2016, 04:55:
A 34GB download takes me over a week at 100% bandwidth... and I have to share the connection.

For those of us stuck on an old DSL line: "is it worth it to download?" can be translated as "if I only get one game this month should this be the game?"

Ouch, ok.

20. Re: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood with DOOM Pre-Purchases May 4, 2016, 23:28 Drayth

He was also against having a use button in his shooters which I don't agree with.

Coding? Great. I don't like his design philosophies though.

15. Re: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood with DOOM Pre-Purchases May 4, 2016, 15:41 Drayth

You can always start a download going before you go to bed / work... right? Outside of datacaps I've never understood the "is it worth it to download?". I don't know, is it in your steam library? Try it...

And yes I agree with what's being generally said. I've yet to finish Old Blood but I like it for what it is.

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III Announced
2. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III Announced May 3, 2016, 20:51 Drayth

That was a pretty damn sick trailer...  

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
15. Re: New GeForce Drivers May 3, 2016, 09:52 Drayth

Shineyguy wrote on May 3, 2016, 09:28:
To everybody that is having issues with the newest drivers, please do a full DDU (using the Display Driver Cleaner app) to remove all driver remnants from your PC and proceed with a truly clean driver install.

This may resolve the issue for most of you.

I do this every driver install, I haven't had a single NVidia display driver related problem since I can remember.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. May 2, 2016, 17:26 Drayth

I'm trying to go traierless for the next star wars films..

Yeah, wish me luck.

News Comments > DOOM Single-Player Video
14. Re: DOOM Single-Player Video Apr 28, 2016, 23:09 Drayth

Not a huge fan of the bulky orange art style, but that looked better in general than I was expecting.

Looking forward to trying this with little to no hud.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Trailer
5. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Trailer Apr 28, 2016, 20:31 Drayth

It took a little effort to stop this trailer about 40% in... I felt like I was playing a Cliff's Notes version...

Fucking sold.

News Comments > Blizzard on Vanilla WoW Shutdown
71. Re: Blizzard on Vanilla WoW Shutdown Apr 27, 2016, 15:53 Drayth

Gah... ok, one more...

Yeah there was a way to get under SW over by either the gryphons, or the outer city wall in front of it.

There was that deserted Tauren village out on the south west tip of Kalimdor, with the spent mine nearby.

Getting on top of Iron Forge and using Noggin Fogger to feather fall to Menethil Harbor.

The farm you could find if you swam east in the river from the bridge leading into the Arathi Highlands.

The troll village you would normally fly over north of Dark Shore. You kinda needed a paladin along for that one (my main) to survive the final jump.

There was a short span of time where they updated the map for BC before the expansion was out. A friend and I swam north till our map markers showed us as being in the Blood Elf lands (even though we were just hanging out in the ocean). We invited some guild members into our party so they could see us on their maps and convinced them we got in somehow.

Good stuff.

This comment was edited on Apr 27, 2016, 16:02.

69. Re: Blizzard on Vanilla WoW Shutdown Apr 27, 2016, 15:06 Drayth

Original ZF temple fight... oh man that was a blast. Totally lifted from a scene in the original Aliens vs Predator movie. It was a crime when they nerfed it.

Obviously I can discuss ol' WoW all day, so I'll just leave it at this.

66. Re: Blizzard on Vanilla WoW Shutdown Apr 27, 2016, 14:25 Drayth

My favorite memories of the vanilla years was breaking into places we weren't supposed to be able to get to.

Caverns of Time was a crazy process, of jump here.. jump there.. walk over here.. drop here... When you got in there was no texture to the walls, you just saw items floating and that trippy background with the star field and nebula.

Mount Hyjal was fun too. "*[UNDER CONSTRUCTION]*"

64. Re: Blizzard on Vanilla WoW Shutdown Apr 27, 2016, 12:48 Drayth

Verno wrote on Apr 27, 2016, 11:31:
- Crushing Blows

Oh god.

Endo - your vision for a legacy(ish) server I can respect.

61. Re: Blizzard on Vanilla WoW Shutdown Apr 27, 2016, 10:16 Drayth

Remember only being able to go one flight path hop at a time? One main auction house per faction (so your computer died when you flew over whichever city). Is that how far back these vanilla servers run at..?

It was all good at the time because the sense of exploration, and the camaraderie, but at this point where nothing's new.. yeah, no.

20. Re: Blizzard on Vanilla WoW Shutdown Apr 26, 2016, 13:32 Drayth

Funny thing is, 5 years alone is a pretty good run for any MMO.  

8. Re: Blizzard on Vanilla WoW Shutdown Apr 26, 2016, 12:19 Drayth

Kxmode wrote on Apr 26, 2016, 12:05:
Now Blizzard is scrambling to copy everyone else.

I got to this point where I have to point out that Blizzard has *always* copied someone else.

Warcraft \ SC -> Command & Conquer (art courtesy of Warhammer)
Diablo -> Baldur's Gate (or take your pick of older games)
WoW -> Is like a mix of Warhammer, EQ and Diablo.
Overwatch -> Team Fortress

What blizzard does really well is take popular genres and streamlines their game to emphasize the funnest elements of w/e it is they're lifting from.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
5. Re: Evening Interviews Apr 20, 2016, 12:31 Drayth

So Blizz would have to maintain a new code base. Whatever the last WoW version was before TBC probably still had bugs. They would have to patch those in to a new post original vanilla version, and dedicate programmers to squashing any new bugs found (though eventually this would obviously no longer be necessary).

Then, they would have to train their GM's on supporting this second set of servers, or create a second dedicated team trained to handle issues specific to this version vs the most recent. What I mean, mainly, by that is - when a player on a vanilla server complains about X issue, it's valid / invalid vs X issue being complained about on the current servers.

I think you're going to need at least a million signatures for any hope on this, but gl. I, for one, don't have any interest in going back to casting Blessing of Kings on the entire raid party one person at a time.

902 Comments. 46 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo