Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Drayth

Real Name Drayth   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 24, 2007, 04:01
Total Comments 1081 (Pro)
User ID 36713

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > PC Bayonetta Released
2. Re: PC Bayonetta Released Apr 11, 2017, 19:33 Drayth

Oh sweet!  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > KOTOR Reboot & New BioWare IP Rumors
20. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 11, 2017, 18:43 Drayth

I can't see them doing a reboot. The MMO's lore is directly tied to the original two games, and there's no sign of that shutting down anytime soon. They're not going to have a new game out that ret-con's a currently running MMO.

Also, nice chunks of the existing Old Republic lore have made it into canon status by showing up in the various animated series, and even Rogue 1.

If there really is a new Old Republic game on the way it's only level of reboot will be distancing itself from the original stories is my guess.

It's worth noting that any new Star Wars games EA publishes are 100% canon... so if this DOES happen...

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Patched
4. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Patched Apr 6, 2017, 21:31 Drayth

NKD wrote:
Apr 6, 2017, 21:27 Lexi in the prologue when the gravity turns back on, for example, used to have a super exaggerated expression on her face, and doesn't anymore.

That face she made cracked me up every time. I'm gonna miss it.. sorta...

News Comments > NVIDIA TITAN Xp & OS X Pascal Support Announced
4. Re: NVIDIA TITAN Xp & OS X Pascal Support Announced Apr 6, 2017, 21:28 Drayth

Grokk wrote on Apr 6, 2017, 20:50:
Nice. Just long enough after the release of the 1080ti that the hardcore types would have bought, to grab them again with the next great thing.

I'll have to check ebay for a cheapo 1080ti now, though here in AU, I doubt they're going to be terribly cheap anyway.

Well you could use the GTX1080ti as a PhysX card...

News Comments > NieR Ships 1M Copies
18. Re: NieR Ships 1M Copies Apr 5, 2017, 18:49 Drayth

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 5, 2017, 18:43:
NetHeads post was fine, it just contained the original *REMOVED* post and was a casualty of war, friendly fire and all that.

NetHead, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Ah, ok. Derp... makes sense

News Comments > NieR Ships 1M Copies
13. Re: NieR Ships 1M Copies Apr 5, 2017, 18:30 Drayth

It's a little unsettling that I'm seeing a perfectly valid critique of the comment section in quotes, yet the actual post is removed. Was there something else to NetHead's post that warranted removal?

Most of CJ's posts are ludicrous but we get to enjoy each and every one of them.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 3, 2017, 13:43 Drayth

Do I really need to read this article..?  

News Comments > Batman: Arkham VR PC This Month
4. Re: Batman: Arkham VR PC This Month Apr 3, 2017, 13:42 Drayth

I'll probably get a vive at some point. This gives me faith RE7 will get PC VR support eventually. Still haven't caved on getting a PS4. Don't know if I will. All they had to do is put a 4K Blu Ray player on it, but nooOOOOOooo...  

News Comments > April Foolin' 2017
11. Re: April Foolin' 2017 Apr 1, 2017, 18:17 Drayth

In other news, Derek Smart's Line of Defense is nearing release...

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Free Weekend
18. Re: Titanfall 2 Free Weekend Mar 31, 2017, 22:55 Drayth

jdreyer wrote on Mar 31, 2017, 20:38:
the single-player mission The Beacon.

pfft, oh well nm

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Free Weekend
12. Re: Titanfall 2 Free Weekend Mar 31, 2017, 18:29 Drayth

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 31, 2017, 13:53:
That's probably partially to blame, also wasn't there a COD/BLOPS about the same time?

Yes. The week before was Battlefield One, and the week after (or same week?) was CoD. The release timing for this game was terrible.

Anyways, at least this way I can try out the highly regarded SP campaign.

News Comments > VR Downward Spiral: Prologue
1. Re: VR Downward Spiral: Prologue Mar 31, 2017, 10:05 Drayth

Does it take me where I want to go?
Does it give me more than I need to know?

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Plans
41. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Plans Mar 30, 2017, 21:42 Drayth

ere4s3r, totally serious inquiry.. are you playing on console? A friend and I at work were wondering where all these crazy ME:A flip out videos are stemming from. On PC I've only seen the occasional NPC warp into place, which actually happened far more for me in DA:I (seems to happen when I turn to face an NPC, like the system isn't always updating their position in the map when you aren't looking at them).

Another work friend states that his EA Access trial of ME:A was awful on his XBox One in terms of framerates tanking at times, so it's left me wondering.

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Plans
36. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Plans Mar 30, 2017, 18:27 Drayth

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 15:35:
Slick wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 15:20:

Also, how was the prologue stupid?

You also wouldn't divert the resources to make planet fall without actually looking at the planet first, even the Nexus used satellites to scan planets first. Why would you make a ship without the ability to review options in contingencies? They obviously planned for issues with having pathfinders but none of the resources to do so?

It's made clear that the ship was damaged by the Scourge and it had sapped the power of the ship. They had to get away from it before the backup power ran out, which meant physically surveying the planet they intended to colonize to determine whether to start the process (waking up the other colonists) or head for the Nexus instead.

Heading for the Nexus with all of the colonists on board, instead of after waking them up and sending them to the planet is obviously a huge decision when they've already encountered a hostile "cloud". Something happens to the ship on the way to the Nexus, well that has different weight depending on which scenario is occurring.

News Comments > Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition Announced
7. Re: Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition Announced Mar 28, 2017, 20:42 Drayth

https://www.beamdog.com/planescape_faq

The sprite outlines are an option.

Just pre-ordered from GOG for $13'ish

News Comments > Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition Countdown?
8. Re: Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition Countdown? Mar 27, 2017, 22:19 Drayth

I did. For someone who's rather familiar with the originals, to suddenly have new content, with new characters and scripted events popping up it's kind of a trip.

Some people were critical of the new content. It's not amaazeballs, but it's nothing glaringly bad (imo). Plus, as far as I can tell, they didn't remove any of the old content. Pretty sure people would be screaming their head's off if so much a line of dialogue had been omitted.

And finally, last I checked (about a year ago) it was looking like the entire mod community was behind the EE's at that point. Pretty much everything's been or is being ported to them, so you can mod it out till your heart's content (and their engine fixes the goddam Beregost bug of old)...

I've not done a run which includes Dragonspear, though I do own it.

News Comments > Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition Countdown?
6. Re: Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition Countdown? Mar 27, 2017, 21:21 Drayth

If you follow the list of mods here, one of the mods increases the font size of all of the text. I've played it using these mods at native 2K res in the past and it works great.
http://thunderpeel2001.blogspot.com/2009/01/planescape-torment-fully-modded.html

NEwayz, they've said in the past they would likely never do PS:T or IW2 because those each have heavily modified engines. Where as BG1 & 2 and IW1 can be all run from the same engine. Interesting...

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Apex Missions Launch
31. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Apex Missions Launch Mar 25, 2017, 15:52 Drayth

For anyone not playing Vanguard...
https://i.redd.it/93cpnphgq8my.gif

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Launches
75. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Launches Mar 22, 2017, 18:56 Drayth

As has been stated before, the Andromeda Initiative left Earth during the early ME2 timeline.

To everyone actually playing the game, I smirked when reading the ship computer entries on a datapad concerning the voyage that one year out it logged some "Anomalous readings" on it's sensors... heh.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Launches
58. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Mini-Delay Mar 21, 2017, 20:13 Drayth

Rigs wrote on Mar 21, 2017, 19:26:
So if I play the male Ryder sibling, can I bang my sister? Wacko (What!? You said there wasn't anyone you can't screw... ) Those emotional-less, dead-inside expressions are like sooo hot!

*ahem* I'll...just sit over here. Alone. So very, very alone.

=-Rigs-=

mods

no, GAME mods

1081 Comments. 55 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo