Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Drayth

Real Name Drayth   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 24, 2007, 04:01
Total Comments 1081 (Pro)
User ID 36713

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Dawn of War III Released
7. Re: Dawn of War III Released Apr 27, 2017, 15:53 Drayth

Wow, I just read some Steam reviews on what they did to the gameplay. Think I'll pick up Warhammer Total War instead.

That one IS good, right?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Alien Isolation Sequel Rumored
29. Re: Alien Isolation Sequel Rumored Apr 26, 2017, 00:14 Drayth

psh  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
14. Re: Quake Champions Trailer and Interview Apr 25, 2017, 21:49 Drayth

I've been using dual monitors for the past two months, and it's had different images on each since I got the set up going. I'm using slideshow. Weird.  

26. Re: Alien Isolation Sequel Rumored Apr 25, 2017, 21:34 Drayth

Did you just hate on Jurassic World..??  

23. Re: Alien Isolation Sequel Rumored Apr 25, 2017, 19:29 Drayth

Don't worry about it Rigs. I wasn't arguing against your post so much as just agreeing with ItBurn's. Not sure everyone got the actual full mind F from it, as it's subtle. I agree with the "well, yeah, duh" of your post.

The Alien AI mod in some ways actually makes the game easier, since the Alien literally stays a certain distance from you at all times without it (yeah yeah.... *cough* I know).

You'll get less over all encounters with it, but there'll be times where you'll open a door and it just happens to be randomly roaming the room you're about to walk in to (come to think of it, the mod is actually called Unpredictable AI mod I believe).

If you play on Easy or Casual the mod tweaks cause it to be around you even less of the time, which is in a way even creepier.

I don't know if the tweaks affect gadgets against it as I never played long enough without the mod to know. My experience was you're pretty much screwed if it ever saw you before getting the flame thrower, so maybe...

Well ok, I guess you DID describe the mod, lol.

This comment was edited on Apr 25, 2017, 21:44.

21. Re: Alien Isolation Sequel Rumored Apr 25, 2017, 17:55 Drayth

ItBurn wrote on Apr 25, 2017, 17:26:
Rigs wrote on Apr 25, 2017, 16:52:
SOMA was ok...the 'twist' is kinda in 'well, yeah, duh' territory but it was a nice romp.

What I liked wasn't exactly the twist, but how the concept was presented and how it made you think about it by living it. A movie couldn't have done a better job of presenting that story.

This exactly. Once I figured out the "twist" I was a little disappointed at first, but the thoughts stemming from being in the situation were surreal. I think that's what they were shooting for.

Edit - Also, any modern play through of Alien Isolation should include the Alien AI mod, which allows the Alien to roam the entire map instead of always staying within a certain radius from you (also tweaks it's behavior a bit). And the Alias Isolation mod, which adds a Temporal AA to the game that eliminates 99% if not all aliasing. Whatever blur it adds I can't even notice.

News Comments > Starfighter Origins Tomorrow
24. Re: Starfighter Origins Tomorrow Apr 24, 2017, 19:31 Drayth

rawbelly wrote on Apr 24, 2017, 15:58:
Will I be able to trigger a "Death Blossom?"

-"It'll be a slaughter!"

-"THAT'S THE SPIRIT!"

-"No, OUR slaughter!"

10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 21, 2017, 00:03 Drayth

Rhialto wrote on Apr 20, 2017, 22:14:
Drayth wrote on Apr 20, 2017, 14:06:
I'm with you on 3D, but fyi this is the first year that NO models of TV's have 3D support. You can still get '16 models and older with it, but 17 has none. Also there's no curved TV's this year.
Wrong, FYI Panasonic offer 3D, look at the EX750 models.

Huh... there were a few of these articles at the beginning of the year.
http://www.businessinsider.com/3d-tv-is-dead-2017-1

Can't trust anything you read these days.

5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 20, 2017, 16:20 Drayth

Fortunately, you probably won’t need to buy a new TV to take advantage of HDR10+ — the new standard is already supported on all of Samsung’s 2017 UHD sets, and will be rolling out to the company’s 2016 line via a firmware update later this year, meaning that other companies looking to support it should (in theory) be able to add it fairly easily.

There's that at least. I have a '16 model. I'd rather see the HDR10 formats take off since they're an open standard.

4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 20, 2017, 14:06 Drayth

Rhialto wrote on Apr 20, 2017, 12:21:
At least 3D died.
Yep, I really like 3D and ready to defend. I play almost all my games in 3D, can't go back. Of course some titles are only available in 2D like just last week, I finished INSIDE which I recommend!

I'm with you on 3D, but fyi this is the first year that NO models of TV's have 3D support. You can still get '16 models and older with it, but 17 has none. Also there's no curved TV's this year.

News Comments > Saints Row 2 Free on GOG.com
6. Re: Saints Row 2 Free on GOG.com Apr 20, 2017, 13:54 Drayth

Never played any of them. Just grabbed 2 - 4 and dlc for dirt...  

News Comments > More on the Star Citizen Roadmap
59. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly & Roadmap Apr 18, 2017, 21:35 Drayth

tempted  

News Comments > More Star Wars Battlefront II Details
37. Re: More Star Wars Battlefront II Details Apr 17, 2017, 20:57 Drayth

Wait, you guys aren't aware of the Star Wars female story arc? That Padme's death "from a broken heart" started a chain reaction in the force that will result in the elimination of all males in the Galaxy by Episode IV: Death by Snu-Snu?

...huh

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Commercial Leaks
48. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Commercial Leaks Apr 13, 2017, 13:01 Drayth

I just thought you meant making use of the airlock door in general. Didn't realize you meant use it seamlessly. But I'm definitely glad there's no animations for getting in and out of the Nomad. Again, the repetition of that makes it better to just skip animating it.

No comment on the rest. Too verbose a minefield.

44. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Commercial Leaks Apr 13, 2017, 10:11 Drayth

JohnQP wrote on Apr 13, 2017, 08:40:
This is one of my problems with the entire Mass Effect series; would it have really killed them to have the door of the hero ship be like every other door in the level, where you, gasp, open it, and then walk in? Have characters actually climb in and out of the hero ground vehicle?

Things the player has to do repetitively get shortcuted (new word?). Everyone bitched about the elevators in ME 1, and you DID walk through the ship airlock in that one too.

Also people who gripe about Star Wars hurting the sci-fi genre, well.. Star Wars is first and foremost fantasy, not science fiction. The setting is more like asking, 'What would happen if the Forgotten Realms developed technology and got around to making space ships?'. You can call it a space opera, sure.. but it kind of stands off to the side from true sci-fi works.

No one watching / reading those thinks how great it will be when we have repulsor lifts so we can start having aircraft carriers hovering over cities.

40. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 13, 2017, 00:12 Drayth

Prove otherwise to what? As I said, there's big budget games trying to look as good as possible. That's what it takes to accomplish that, a large budget (or great art direction, which can be pulled off with a smaller budget). Battlefront being one, and I find it's also a fun shooter. I never said it always takes a lot of money to make a good game.

Minecraft was an indie game that hit it big. That's great. Not my cup of tea though.

I've poured vast hours into Sins of a Solar Empire, probably my favorite indie of recent years.

35. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Commercial Leaks Apr 12, 2017, 19:01 Drayth

There's other arguments to be made if we're talking strictly Star Wars, and I agree there. That setting is ripe for a good RTS and RPG game to spawn out of. There's room for good shooters too, though.

What I want is Republic Commando II.

33. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 12, 2017, 18:38 Drayth

There's reasons I post somewhat infrequently here. I do read nearly every thread, however. I don't have a problem with modern games.

Guess I'm easily amused.

The unfortunate truth of modern gaming is it takes a shit-ton more resources to make a competitive looking (and sounding game), so the return needs to be high as well. Thus these days you have your Michael Bay games, and you have your art-house indie games, etc. There's plenty to choose from out there. I don't automatically shit over the Michael Bay games, however. There can still be fun to be had in them, for some of us at least.

News Comments > Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition Released
8. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 12, 2017, 01:33 Drayth

He also wrote some new journal entries, and miscellaneous bits of text here and there for this EE.  

News Comments > PC Bayonetta Released
6. Re: PC Bayonetta Released Apr 12, 2017, 01:30 Drayth

Condemned 2 would be awesome.  

1081 Comments. 55 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo