Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
United Kingdom 06/02

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Drayth

Real Name Drayth   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 24, 2007, 04:01
Total Comments 1050 (Pro)
User ID 36713

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > More on the Star Citizen Roadmap
59. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly & Roadmap Apr 18, 2017, 21:35 Drayth

tempted  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > More Star Wars Battlefront II Details
37. Re: More Star Wars Battlefront II Details Apr 17, 2017, 20:57 Drayth

Wait, you guys aren't aware of the Star Wars female story arc? That Padme's death "from a broken heart" started a chain reaction in the force that will result in the elimination of all males in the Galaxy by Episode IV: Death by Snu-Snu?

...huh

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Commercial Leaks
48. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Commercial Leaks Apr 13, 2017, 13:01 Drayth

I just thought you meant making use of the airlock door in general. Didn't realize you meant use it seamlessly. But I'm definitely glad there's no animations for getting in and out of the Nomad. Again, the repetition of that makes it better to just skip animating it.

No comment on the rest. Too verbose a minefield.

44. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Commercial Leaks Apr 13, 2017, 10:11 Drayth

JohnQP wrote on Apr 13, 2017, 08:40:
This is one of my problems with the entire Mass Effect series; would it have really killed them to have the door of the hero ship be like every other door in the level, where you, gasp, open it, and then walk in? Have characters actually climb in and out of the hero ground vehicle?

Things the player has to do repetitively get shortcuted (new word?). Everyone bitched about the elevators in ME 1, and you DID walk through the ship airlock in that one too.

Also people who gripe about Star Wars hurting the sci-fi genre, well.. Star Wars is first and foremost fantasy, not science fiction. The setting is more like asking, 'What would happen if the Forgotten Realms developed technology and got around to making space ships?'. You can call it a space opera, sure.. but it kind of stands off to the side from true sci-fi works.

No one watching / reading those thinks how great it will be when we have repulsor lifts so we can start having aircraft carriers hovering over cities.

40. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 13, 2017, 00:12 Drayth

Prove otherwise to what? As I said, there's big budget games trying to look as good as possible. That's what it takes to accomplish that, a large budget (or great art direction, which can be pulled off with a smaller budget). Battlefront being one, and I find it's also a fun shooter. I never said it always takes a lot of money to make a good game.

Minecraft was an indie game that hit it big. That's great. Not my cup of tea though.

I've poured vast hours into Sins of a Solar Empire, probably my favorite indie of recent years.

35. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Commercial Leaks Apr 12, 2017, 19:01 Drayth

There's other arguments to be made if we're talking strictly Star Wars, and I agree there. That setting is ripe for a good RTS and RPG game to spawn out of. There's room for good shooters too, though.

What I want is Republic Commando II.

33. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 12, 2017, 18:38 Drayth

There's reasons I post somewhat infrequently here. I do read nearly every thread, however. I don't have a problem with modern games.

Guess I'm easily amused.

The unfortunate truth of modern gaming is it takes a shit-ton more resources to make a competitive looking (and sounding game), so the return needs to be high as well. Thus these days you have your Michael Bay games, and you have your art-house indie games, etc. There's plenty to choose from out there. I don't automatically shit over the Michael Bay games, however. There can still be fun to be had in them, for some of us at least.

News Comments > Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition Released
8. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 12, 2017, 01:33 Drayth

He also wrote some new journal entries, and miscellaneous bits of text here and there for this EE.  

News Comments > PC Bayonetta Released
6. Re: PC Bayonetta Released Apr 12, 2017, 01:30 Drayth

Condemned 2 would be awesome.  

News Comments > PC Bayonetta Released
2. Re: PC Bayonetta Released Apr 11, 2017, 19:33 Drayth

Oh sweet!  

News Comments > KOTOR Reboot & New BioWare IP Rumors
20. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 11, 2017, 18:43 Drayth

I can't see them doing a reboot. The MMO's lore is directly tied to the original two games, and there's no sign of that shutting down anytime soon. They're not going to have a new game out that ret-con's a currently running MMO.

Also, nice chunks of the existing Old Republic lore have made it into canon status by showing up in the various animated series, and even Rogue 1.

If there really is a new Old Republic game on the way it's only level of reboot will be distancing itself from the original stories is my guess.

It's worth noting that any new Star Wars games EA publishes are 100% canon... so if this DOES happen...

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Patched
4. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Patched Apr 6, 2017, 21:31 Drayth

NKD wrote:
Apr 6, 2017, 21:27 Lexi in the prologue when the gravity turns back on, for example, used to have a super exaggerated expression on her face, and doesn't anymore.

That face she made cracked me up every time. I'm gonna miss it.. sorta...

News Comments > NVIDIA TITAN Xp & OS X Pascal Support Announced
4. Re: NVIDIA TITAN Xp & OS X Pascal Support Announced Apr 6, 2017, 21:28 Drayth

Grokk wrote on Apr 6, 2017, 20:50:
Nice. Just long enough after the release of the 1080ti that the hardcore types would have bought, to grab them again with the next great thing.

I'll have to check ebay for a cheapo 1080ti now, though here in AU, I doubt they're going to be terribly cheap anyway.

Well you could use the GTX1080ti as a PhysX card...

News Comments > NieR Ships 1M Copies
18. Re: NieR Ships 1M Copies Apr 5, 2017, 18:49 Drayth

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 5, 2017, 18:43:
NetHeads post was fine, it just contained the original *REMOVED* post and was a casualty of war, friendly fire and all that.

NetHead, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Ah, ok. Derp... makes sense

News Comments > NieR Ships 1M Copies
13. Re: NieR Ships 1M Copies Apr 5, 2017, 18:30 Drayth

It's a little unsettling that I'm seeing a perfectly valid critique of the comment section in quotes, yet the actual post is removed. Was there something else to NetHead's post that warranted removal?

Most of CJ's posts are ludicrous but we get to enjoy each and every one of them.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 3, 2017, 13:43 Drayth

Do I really need to read this article..?  

News Comments > Batman: Arkham VR PC This Month
4. Re: Batman: Arkham VR PC This Month Apr 3, 2017, 13:42 Drayth

I'll probably get a vive at some point. This gives me faith RE7 will get PC VR support eventually. Still haven't caved on getting a PS4. Don't know if I will. All they had to do is put a 4K Blu Ray player on it, but nooOOOOOooo...  

News Comments > April Foolin' 2017
11. Re: April Foolin' 2017 Apr 1, 2017, 18:17 Drayth

In other news, Derek Smart's Line of Defense is nearing release...

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Free Weekend
18. Re: Titanfall 2 Free Weekend Mar 31, 2017, 22:55 Drayth

jdreyer wrote on Mar 31, 2017, 20:38:
the single-player mission The Beacon.

pfft, oh well nm

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Free Weekend
12. Re: Titanfall 2 Free Weekend Mar 31, 2017, 18:29 Drayth

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 31, 2017, 13:53:
That's probably partially to blame, also wasn't there a COD/BLOPS about the same time?

Yes. The week before was Battlefield One, and the week after (or same week?) was CoD. The release timing for this game was terrible.

Anyways, at least this way I can try out the highly regarded SP campaign.

1050 Comments. 53 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo