Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Drayth

Real Name Drayth   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 24, 2007, 04:01
Total Comments 905 (Graduate)
User ID 36713

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Fallout 4 Launch Trailer
22. Re: Fallout 4 Launch Trailer Nov 5, 2015, 14:11 Drayth

KTR wrote on Nov 5, 2015, 13:33:
There are a bunch of screencaps of the PC version (on ultra settings) that leaked over the last few days. PC version ain't that pretty either.

Yeah, that's not too awe inspiring. "Atmospheric" isn't a word I would use to describe any of that.

Graphical overhauls will be bigger than usual winners in the mod community for this one, I think. Still getting the game for sure.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
3. Re: Hardware Reviews Nov 5, 2015, 13:44 Drayth

And that's what I did, I'm now back to a SoundBlaster (sorry I ever left you, honey).

After having owned both types of headphones I prefer the fake 3D over discrete, because a $150 fake stereo headphone has much better quality speakers than a $150 5.1 with 6 cheap drivers.

Back when you could set the speaker config to 5.1 the dolby headphone tech did a completely respectable job at emulating 3D with the Logitechs, and that's what I'm able to do again with the soundcard.

News Comments > On Fallout 4's Graphics
73. Re: On Fallout 4's Graphics Nov 5, 2015, 13:22 Drayth

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 5, 2015, 12:05:
The only thing that looked "like shit" was the character models and faces but that was 100% an issue of Bethesda just not trying harder and a poor artistic direction in that area.

The game ran "like shit" on average cheap-ass PCs because it was graphically the creme de la creme at the time. It was naturally very demanding. With a decent high end rig it actually ran totes fine though.

The engine lacked occlusion culling because of the way it rendered, also it didn't support geometry instancing. Bethesda would stick full model assets into the ground but not remove the geometry that wasn't visible (rocks, houses, etc). With no culling the game would still render all of it. This lead to worse than expected performance at the time.

But yes, the game looked great.

64. Re: On Fallout 4's Graphics Nov 5, 2015, 10:46 Drayth

Slick wrote on Nov 5, 2015, 07:30:
Drayth wrote on Nov 4, 2015, 22:59:
They did flat out say they would make one more game after Skyrim with the same engine (from interviews around the time of Skyrim's launch), which seems to imply the next one after F4 should be something new. Not going to hold my breath, but there it is...

Just like the next Elder Scrolls has to be Summerset Isles because all the (main) releases are in alphabetical order. *nod*

Got a source on that? that would be welcome news, I just seem to remember skyrim being touted as a "new engine" which was miles ahead of oblivion, and well yeah.

Did a quick search. Must have been one specific interview that stuck with me. Everything I found said they'll use it for future titleS after Skyrim.

37. Re: On Fallout 4's Graphics Nov 5, 2015, 00:19 Drayth

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 4, 2015, 23:58:
I think Hines has been on the record in the last 18 months stating they were staying with this engine for as far as they plan out.

Noted.

28. Re: On Fallout 4's Graphics Nov 4, 2015, 22:59 Drayth

They did flat out say they would make one more game after Skyrim with the same engine (from interviews around the time of Skyrim's launch), which seems to imply the next one after F4 should be something new. Not going to hold my breath, but there it is...

Just like the next Elder Scrolls has to be Summerset Isles because all the (main) releases are in alphabetical order. *nod*

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Nov 4, 2015, 19:54 Drayth

Just when the Popular Threads was starting to clear out...

Round 32: FIGHT!

4. Re: On Fallout 4's Graphics Nov 4, 2015, 19:49 Drayth

Hoping you can still use non-image-quality-mucking MSAA.  

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Re: Hardware Reviews Nov 4, 2015, 14:00 Drayth

Don't buy any Logitech surround headphones, even the older ones. They've made a change to their driver where you used to be able to select 7.1 speakers in the Windows audio setup, now you can only set Windows to stereo (all OS's, all of their headphone brands). My g430's had great 3D audio. I snagged a G633 as soon as it hit and that's the driver revision where they changed it all.

Now the only games that get the good 3D Audio are ones where you can set 5.1 or 7.1 speakers in the game's config, and those are rare. They've posted in the forums that this is how it's going to work going forward.

News Comments > Into the Black
9. Re: Into the Black Nov 4, 2015, 13:38 Drayth

Bodolza wrote on Nov 4, 2015, 12:44:
Don't count on it. Episode 1 was still being worked on up until the last minute. In the first screenings, Maul didn't split in half when he fell.

To be fair, that wasn't a case of not having the shot done in time, that was a decision made after those first screenings since some people thought Maul survived it.

I wont get into the eventual irony of that.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Refunds
12. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Refunds Oct 31, 2015, 20:25 Drayth

Asmodai wrote on Oct 31, 2015, 19:04:
https://youtu.be/j30PKp_Wub0?t=327

Everyone should run screaming to get their refunds...

First thing I see is the last few seconds of a scene involving him trying to line up a ramp in the hardest configuration possible. I rewind it a bit and hear him complaining about how you have to get it just perfect otherwise you have to waste time jumping out of the Batmobile to realign the ramp.

All you have to do is set the ramp on the other side, the one THE CAR'S ON, then you jump it easily. Please don't tell me publishers are sitting around watching videos like these thinking, "Our puzzles are still too difficult!".

News Comments > Valve's VSync Experiments
2. Re: Valve's VSync Experiments Oct 30, 2015, 21:03 Drayth

Nice. Now with gsync / freesync you can keep vsync on for when the frames max out and not suffer as much latency when it happens.

Hope this takes of-.... oh, OH....! I see what you're trying to pull, Valve. Don't think you're off the hook.

Still waiting.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Review Flags Removed
18. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Review Flags Removed Oct 29, 2015, 17:03 Drayth

Game's always worked decently for me too. The one thing I have noticed is the AA now does a much better job. I'm guessing this has blurred the overall picture more, but it's not bad even if so to bother me.

The fact that SLI still isn't supported is pretty disappointing. The under the (not red) hood stuff that needed fixing must have been enormous, or they've just been sitting around counting their console dollars.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight PC Re-release
20. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight PC Re-release Oct 28, 2015, 17:19 Drayth

Lets face it, this is the date their bean counters gave them to get the game out to recoup the most sales before F4 is so close everyone completely forgets about it.  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic - Knights of the Fallen Empire Launches
12. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic - Knights of the Fallen Empire Launches Oct 28, 2015, 15:31 Drayth

Bottom line: To play this expansion you have to pay for at least a one month sub. They'll let you roll a single level 60 character while subbed to jump directly into it with.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Update and Trailer
6. Re: Star Citizen Update and Trailer Oct 28, 2015, 12:44 Drayth

MacLeod wrote on Oct 28, 2015, 10:29:
So if they finally just cracked splitting the ships into pieces "in engine", does that mean all the "gameplay" footage of them blowing up ships into pieces previously was all pre-rendered?

It wasn't in game footage, it was a mock up of how they wanted the explosions to play out using game assets.

The video posted here was a cut down version of a longer video where they discussed all that. I only know this because of a post from D.S. that lead me to the forums, and I saw a thread about people's reaction to the explosion vid (the long vid).

News Comments > Fallout 4 Preload Plans
30. Re: Fallout 4 Preload Plans Oct 27, 2015, 17:16 Drayth

Hopefully can run over 80fps without the physics freaking out.  

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Rerelease Wednesday
25. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Rerelease Wednesday Oct 26, 2015, 16:39 Drayth

Is the Mad Max game any good? From reviewers I get the impression it was rather meh, but in forums I pretty much never hear any complaints. Never many glowing remarks either...

...maybe that's the very definition of 'meh'...

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Oct 26, 2015, 15:24 Drayth

Well it also had a lot of things going for it. A cool trailer, an interesting setting and tied in directly with the live TV show that also got shelved.  

News Comments > DOOM Alpha Weapons Images Leak
6. Re: DOOM Alpha Weapons Images Leak Oct 22, 2015, 11:09 Drayth

ledhead1969 wrote on Oct 22, 2015, 10:58:
Got in the Alpha but still nothing in Steam.

Same.

905 Comments. 46 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo