Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Drayth

Real Name Drayth   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 24, 2007, 04:01
Total Comments 905 (Graduate)
User ID 36713

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
5. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Dec 15, 2015, 13:05 Drayth

Ahhh, my favorite one from that era. At least you had to aim and shoot as well as navigate...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VN1LC2s4P-w

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > X Rebirth: Home of Light Announced
2. Re: X Rebirth: Home of Light Announced Dec 14, 2015, 10:41 Drayth

I've still only ever screwed around in the game for a few hours at most anytime I've tried to get back in to it, but for 8 bucks I'll throw my hat in...  

News Comments > System Shock 3 Announced
6. Re: System Shock 3 Announced Dec 14, 2015, 10:37 Drayth

Yesssss  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
6. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 10, 2015, 18:06 Drayth

He's referring to the fact that she outputs a lot less content than she promises and makes the money for. If you're unfamiliar with the evidence concerning her scamming money in the name of gaming and feminism there's plenty of content covering that out there.  

News Comments > Vive Headsets Delayed
3. Re: Vive Headsets Delayed Dec 9, 2015, 00:47 Drayth

It's going to be an episodic release. Episode 1 will be the left hand controller. Episode 2 the right, then Episode 3 will be the actual headset, just like Half-Li-... oh, wait...

News Comments > System Shock 3 Teased
15. Re: System Shock 3 Teased Dec 8, 2015, 12:29 Drayth

Cutter wrote on Dec 8, 2015, 12:19:
Drayth wrote on Dec 8, 2015, 10:28:
woah

You know kung-fu?

Colors that end in "URPLE"

News Comments > System Shock 3 Teased
2. Re: System Shock 3 Teased Dec 8, 2015, 10:28 Drayth

woah  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Patch Breaks Mod Support
18. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Breaks Mod Support Dec 7, 2015, 15:51 Drayth

ItBurn wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 14:27:
Pretty much all the best mods for Skyrim used "kludgey mini-hacks". If they're not supported anymore, it would be a pretty big deal.

Any great Skyrim mods eventually had access to the editor or where made after it's release, minus UI mods, or any that don't need the editor to function fine in the first place.

All I was saying was, Until Fallout's editor is out people are basically hacking their mods into the game. Thus, it's not surprising to see mods being *easily* broken by a patch.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Patch Breaks Mod Support
6. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Breaks Mod Support Dec 7, 2015, 14:23 Drayth

The creation kit (or w/e it'll be called) isn't out yet, right? I would assume most mods are basically kludgey mini-hacks to begin with at this point anyways.

If they announce they're not releasing the editor then it's time to wtf.

News Comments > Dying Light Enhanced Edition
3. Re: Dying Light Enhanced Edition Dec 6, 2015, 19:14 Drayth

The demo got me hooked into buying it once a 50% off sale hit. It's a much more solid game than I was expecting.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Trailer; Arena Commander Free Demo
7. Re: Star Citizen Trailer; Arena Commander Free Demo Dec 4, 2015, 10:41 Drayth

Creston wrote on Dec 4, 2015, 09:49:
Despite them saying it's all seamless, there's nothing in here that shows that it's seamless, and I remain very skeptical about that claim.

Player trapped in a station being rescued by ship via another player
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjDe0V7CTRs

There's a great movie like moment around the 6 minute mark, but the whole vid shows off how seamless moving from ship to station is. Getting into a ship seems a bit tricky, but in a good way.

News Comments > Arma 3 Nexus Update
3. Re: Arma 3 Nexus Update Dec 2, 2015, 12:02 Drayth

Rigs wrote on Dec 2, 2015, 11:23:
It would be so nice to just get everything needed for a mod by clicking on it. Just install and go. NEXUS MM is close but still not the ticket...yet.

I can't imagine that working easily with something like Skyrim where everything's like - Ok, Mod A Needs the Unofficial Patch, but Mod B isn't compatible with it without this other compatibility mod, but the unofficial path just got updated and breaks the compatibility mod until IT gets updated, oh btw have you cleaned your Mod C for known dirty edits?

@.@

It's good for ArmA though, a lot of mods depend on the community base addons mod.

News Comments > Morning Patches
3. Re: Morning Patches Nov 24, 2015, 12:58 Drayth

There was nothing wrong with the setting. It lends itself to a more tactical shooter more so than the EP IV - VI timeframe anyways.

Agreed, a sequel would have been great. I played through it earlier this year, still holds up. Will give it anther go with this patch somewhere up the road..

News Comments > No Arkham Knight Multi-GPU Support
32. Re: No Arkham Knight Multi-GPU Support Nov 20, 2015, 17:26 Drayth

What gets me about his moronic video is the ramp segment (he's got the ramp on the wrong side). I get the impression he's so eager to rag on developers that he doesn't even think for a half-second when he finds something he feels he can add as ammunition to fuel his "review".

The fight he shows is typically the second mission based fight you get into (so literally the second fight for many). Of course it's a breeze, it's Batman taking out the lowest of thugs. Besides, what does he want? Arkham QWOP? The ease of control helps the player deal with much more difficult fights later (though there's a disappointing boss fight near the end).

News Comments > Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One
79. Re: Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One Nov 13, 2015, 15:07 Drayth

I like this game. I'm going to hold off for some immersion / realism mods, but I see myself putting tons of hours into it.

But... I think I understand why this game throws so much of what should be mid to late game elements at you upfront... User reviews have a louder voice these days than professional reviews. In the past you relied on a reviewer who's played the full game, or close to it and given you their impressions. Now people read lets play youtube user comments, steam reviews, etc. more so.

Power armor, mini-gun, building a settlement all in the first hour or so seems like they were trying to hand the players most of the game upfront to cater to immediate user reviews.

I really hope this isn't now part of Bethesda's design philosophy for all their RPG's going forward. The whole crafting system would have been cooler, imo, if you were building a shelter for yourself. Then for companions, and then you come across settlers looking for a home and choose to lead them back to your homestead.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One
12. Re: Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One Nov 13, 2015, 11:46 Drayth

Lord Tea wrote on Nov 13, 2015, 11:31:
Because the PC port is a $60 catastrophe that can't be played with a mouse/keyboard in its current state and form.

Huh? Left handed people are complaining because you can't map the num-pad keys, but otherwise...?

News Comments > On Fallout 4's Graphics
110. Re: On Fallout 4's Graphics Nov 10, 2015, 18:41 Drayth

Holy hell @.@

Steam prices ( --> $59.99 <-- ) are MSRP, not the GMG prices. Those are more like a grey market price.

News Comments > GeForce Drivers for Fallout 4, Legacy of the Void, & Battlefront
5. Re: GeForce Drivers for Fallout 4, Legacy of the Void, & Battlefront Nov 10, 2015, 00:09 Drayth

HoSpanky wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 22:56:
So they're saying you can force SLI to the ...ugh, I forget. There's like 4 options, it's the last option, something like alternate render 2 or something. Sorry I can't be more exact.

Nice, thanks.

This comment was edited on Nov 10, 2015, 01:55.

News Comments > Fallout 4 GeForce Tweaking Guide
44. Re: Fallout 4 GeForce Tweaking Guide Nov 9, 2015, 16:07 Drayth

Yes, they all had SLI. From what I understand it's a lot easier to implement SLI in DX9 games, that's why pretty much everything from that era had it.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 GeForce Tweaking Guide
15. Re: Fallout 4 GeForce Tweaking Guide Nov 9, 2015, 12:01 Drayth

The problem with the frame rate lock is hoping the physics don't wig out over 60. In Skyrim as soon as I use NVInspector to set the frame rate limit to over 80 the physics start going crazy.

80 is still a nice improvement, but it's going to kinda suck if this happens at 61+ in this game. SLI would be nice too.

905 Comments. 46 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo