Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Drayth

Real Name Drayth   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 24, 2007, 04:01
Total Comments 919 (Graduate)
User ID 36713

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > BioShock Remastered Fixes
11. Re: BioShock Remastered Fixes Sep 17, 2016, 01:27 Drayth

sauron wrote on Sep 16, 2016, 22:40:
On the plus side, Sh0dan occasionally comes over to Barad-Dur for tea and cakes. She's really not that bad tempered once you get to know her/it/them.

Just don't get her in a room together with GLaDOS; they never shut up.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year?
165. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year? Sep 9, 2016, 20:35 Drayth

Remember whatever trouble SC is having, that's not an excuse for someone to take every effort to tear it down, especially a conflict of interest.

DS's "interest" in SC is borderline stalker territory, not to mention gross over exaggeration if not lies concerning the going on's at CIG.

I think this one was an honest mistake, but yet a good example...
https://twitter.com/sethnash/status/743517917774503936

Yeah, it's a huge project.. it's going to have a lot of stumbling blocks to conquer. I'd rather be able to hear solid reporting on it's progress than constant noise, "OMG, LOL planetary landing is R&D only. You'll (maybe) NEVER see it in game!"

147. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year? Sep 9, 2016, 15:29 Drayth

I have an 8 hour job that doesn't really require any overtime, and I have less time to post on this forum than the lead of an MMO shooter competing in the PlanetSide game space.

For that matter where ARE all the PlanetSide developers? Come on guys, pitch in!

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer
29. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer Sep 9, 2016, 00:57 Drayth

Jerykk wrote on Sep 8, 2016, 23:52:
Never really understood this mentality. If you loved ME1 and 2, you should love ME3 because it has the best gameplay and level design in the series. The ending sucked, sure, but it was about 1% of the game. The other 99% was great.

Agreed, the shooter aspect was at it's best in that one by far. ME 2 had the best "vibe" to it though I felt. 3's ending didn't bother me much, but I didn't play it till all the DLC was out.

125. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year? Sep 9, 2016, 00:15 Drayth

Quboid wrote on Sep 8, 2016, 21:59:
Drayth wrote on Sep 8, 2016, 20:55:
And there will still be a youtube =D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=au6mMl5A79Q

That's the sort of person whose sanity I wonder about in this. I wonder how long they spent making that video.

Just havin' a little fun with that post.

Yeah, it's a silly presentation. It does hold some worth, imo, with some quotes he made towards non-SC games before he went after the big fish, and a few other pieces.

122. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year? Sep 8, 2016, 20:55 Drayth

And there will still be a youtube =D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=au6mMl5A79Q

114. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year? Sep 8, 2016, 17:01 Drayth

Does appear your SC antics have pushed back the search results since the good ol' days, but hey...

https://biobreak.wordpress.com/2010/04/20/the-derek-smart-drinking-game/
"•Three times when he threatens to sue for some reason or another"

110. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year? Sep 8, 2016, 16:07 Drayth

I stumbled on this video the other day. LoD is so solid that Derek completely dodges a guy who's streaming himself in game while talking live with Derek saying "Yes I could give you a tour, but unfortunately I have to go right now..." yet continues talking for another hour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mH0fJ8IVyH8
7:40

He also tries to redfine the word "seamless" when confronted with the question of how he can claim his game is a seamless experience when there's load screens everywhere.

My point being, he's slimy too concerning his own games.

Keep in mind Derek used to threaten to sue other game developers all the time (simple Google search), and he criticizes pretty much every other space game including Elite Dangerous. He seems to have let up when he started going after the big fish. I think it's just so people following him currently see a better image then his past antic.

Not saying SC doesn't have issues, but for me that doesn't justify what Derek's doing. It also means I can't trust anything he posts, because at the least it's going to have a huge bias to how it's presented.

98. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year? Sep 7, 2016, 18:01 Drayth

Definitely the girl thing.  

90. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year? Sep 7, 2016, 10:11 Drayth

There was nothing as flamboyant as the Oblivion segment. They already have the ability to see a ship someone's piloting from within other structures, ability to walk around inside a ship, and the planet landing wasn't -that- unfeasible.

Besides, I was just trying to get DS on record as saying planetary landing will never happen, in case it ever does (I think they'll implement it), then I ended up on the whole Oblivion tangent. He dodged saying "100% for sure" at the last second. : )

85. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year? Sep 6, 2016, 22:09 Drayth

There was a whole intricate scene in the Oblivion demo involving a lady in a room you barge into. She interacts with her dog, and puts it to sleep (with a spell) because it was bothering her. They were claiming that as their radiant AI just doing it's own thing.  

81. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year? Sep 6, 2016, 19:34 Drayth

dsmart wrote on Sep 5, 2016, 17:15:

No, they do not. That's a well documented R&D build which, much like Star Marine and all the other crap (e.g. Nyx was over a year ago), was done specifically for Gamescom, is **NOT** part of the engine branch, and will **NEVER** see the light of day in this branch. At all.

So, to be clear, you're saying the planet landing we saw in this demo will never be available to the public?

If instead -all- you're saying is they used a non-public intended build with a lot of scripting specifically created for this demo, well that's generally a given these days with E3 like presentations. Half-Life 2 got caught pulling something along those lines, but we eventually got a good game with similar features.

I think that's fine as long as they do get something like it into the final game. Would be nice if they stated it's more a proof of concept, but w/e. Remember the old lady in the room during the Oblivion E3 demo ("bad dog")? That was a flat-out lie.

News Comments > VR Funhouse Mod Editor
9. Re: VR Funhouse Mod Editor Sep 2, 2016, 10:00 Drayth

Slick wrote on Sep 1, 2016, 20:51:
WHATEVER!
Once I coaxed them to step into the machine world, 2 of them never wanted to leave, that's all they could talk about for the rest of the weekend.

I TOUCHED GOD

News Comments > NVIDIA's Fallout 4 Mod
19. Re: NVIDIA's Fallout 4 Mod Sep 1, 2016, 02:20 Drayth

Simon Says wrote on Sep 1, 2016, 01:26:

The only consistent trend they found was that no matter which vendor you use, the more often you update your drivers, the more problems you seem to get, so the advice they give to people is "if its not broken, don't fix it". And I'd tend to agree, I update drivers once in a year usually, only when its necessary for "x brand new game" and never had a problem in a decade now. Also, I avoid drivers which are less than 1 or 2 weeks old like the plague.

Well I update every driver release and pretty much never have an issue.

My pair of 290x's though - when I bought into Mantle, their gpu driven sound and their OG Titan performance for about half the cost? Couldn't Crossfire for months. When they got that working I had to wait 2 more because I used an onboard sound card which was a no go for Crossfire on those cards (terrible stuttering). And then there was the random black screens because of the cheaper memory that they used on a nice chunk of those cards (I still see mention of that issue in forums from time to time). I like how they got away pretty much scott free with that. Just underclock your card till it stops happening... 'k.

Yeah, I will never go back to AMD, but I'm glad they're around. And yes, neither have flawless drivers, but you can most certainly upgrade them all you like and have a shot at no issues from doing it. Maybe I'm just lucky (or something).

News Comments > Mass Effect Remasters Hint
14. Re: Mass Effect Remasters Hint Aug 17, 2016, 02:15 Drayth

I played through them all last year, texture packs for each one.

I recommend this one for ME1
http://www.nexusmods.com/masseffect/mods/1/?

Use a large address aware on the .exe, also.

ME2, and ME3 were a bit more work though. Had to use Texmod for ME2, which meant very long initial load time when starting the game.

ME3 I had to rebuild the texture path tree to sort of "swap out" the texture pack for the originals. You gotta leave your system running a few hours while that builds.

So yeah, I welcome an HD Remaster.

News Comments > BioShock Remastered Trailer
15. Re: Into the Black Aug 10, 2016, 08:54 Drayth

NegaDeath wrote on Aug 10, 2016, 01:27:
Good news you don't have a reason to be pissed off.
"And if you already own BioShock, BioShock 2, and/or Minerva’s Den on Steam, you will be able to upgrade to the remastered version of the respective title(s) for free after release."

Anyways I'm down for a prettier second run through B1.

Own the previous versions and we'll wipe away the debt!

News Comments > Overwatch Summer Games
17. Re: Overwatch Summer Games Aug 3, 2016, 07:13 Drayth

Might want to pick it up again till you get to the ranked matches. I don't know if you'll like it more or less at that point, but it's definitely a different beast. Course, you're ranked based on team wins... so gl or w/e  

News Comments > New AMD Crimson Drivers
29. Re: New AMD Crimson Drivers Jul 12, 2016, 20:28 Drayth

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 12, 2016, 18:43:
I ran the above through google translate and it broke the internet. Can anyone paraphrase or is it a tldr tirade.

Came out to something like, 'WaltC really like beans.'... /shrug

News Comments > AMD Drivers Address Power Issues
13. Re: AMD Drivers Address Power Issues Jul 8, 2016, 06:26 Drayth

Simon Says wrote on Jul 8, 2016, 03:47:
As for "buying into a brand's marketing", that would be relevant if it wasn't so off the mark. My GPU buying history speaks for itself, I never had any preference nor will I ever have any.

No, I said marketing image. Like (but very much not limited to) those who think one company is more evil / good than the other, when really they're both doing what ever it is they can with what they have to cut into the other's sales.

News Comments > AMD Drivers Address Power Issues
9. Re: AMD Drivers Address Power Issues Jul 8, 2016, 00:45 Drayth

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 7, 2016, 22:05:
I don't know about these other websites but someone is sure butthurt because they misunderstood or took out of context something that hardocp posted.

Yeah [H] has been calling out various missteps along the way, but people take one look at their articles and scream bias because they buy into the marketing image of either company.

919 Comments. 46 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo