Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Drayth

Real Name Drayth   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 24, 2007, 04:01
Total Comments 1390 (Pro)
User ID 36713

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > BioShock Speculation

23. Re: BioShock Speculation Nov 13, 2019, 18:33 Drayth

I attribute the success of the series to Kevin Levine's involvement. For me the weakest installment was 2 (though the actual gameplay was a step up from 1) and that was the one he was least involved with. I'm a huge fan of Infinite.

Since Kevin's done with the series anything that comes next is Bioshock in name only. Especially with the direction this one sounds like it's heading.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > BioShock Speculation

6. Re: BioShock Speculation Nov 13, 2019, 10:56 Drayth

Buy-o-Shock  

News Comments > Op Ed

44. Re: Op Ed Nov 8, 2019, 21:18 Drayth

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 8, 2019, 20:42:
Six hundred page books take too long to read. I wish more writers would limit themselves to under 100 pages. Every time I see a six hundred page book, I break out into a cold sweat.

touché

News Comments > Death Stranding Simultaneously Coming to Steam and Epic Games Store

5. Re: Re: Death Stranding Simultaneously Coming to Steam and Epic Games Store Nov 8, 2019, 21:16 Drayth

"...dogs and cats living together...!"  

News Comments > Op Ed

32. Re: Op Ed Nov 8, 2019, 16:54 Drayth

Highly recommend getting the NPC mod for BG1 which gives BG2 like interactions to the game. Otherwise it's just a long haul of clearing maps with little to no scripted sequences to keep things interesting.

News Comments > Steam Cloud Gaming Plans?

17. Re: Steam Cloud Gaming Plans? Nov 6, 2019, 19:37 Drayth

When they can do lossless color compression over streaming then I may consider it an option. Otherwise; nope. I want the content to look the best it can.  

News Comments > New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers

5. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Nov 4, 2019, 20:40 Drayth

Gib007 wrote on Nov 4, 2019, 16:52:
Still waiting for Samsung QLED TVs to support G-Sync. Would be a nice addition! Nice to see this over HDMI already though (for LG).

LCD tv's don't have a fast enough pixel response time for GSync cert. OLED's don't have a problem with pixel response.

Also I don't think Samsung has any HDMI 2.1 sets out yet anyways; another requirement. However, Samsung does have Quantum Dot OLED's on the way supposedly. A recent article stated they just dumped a ton of cash into development.

News Comments > Diablo IV Announced

23. Re: Diablo IV Announced Nov 1, 2019, 23:31 Drayth

That cinematic trailer was fukin dope  

News Comments > EA Games Returning to Steam

80. Re: EA Games Returning to Steam Oct 30, 2019, 19:08 Drayth

Verno wrote on Oct 30, 2019, 12:50:
wrlwnd wrote on Oct 30, 2019, 12:35:
You quote"F*&king m-word" for mine.

Brilliant!

He did that because he reported your post and doesn't want his comment removed too. He's about as opaque as a dryer sheet.

Snitches get stitches.

News Comments > EA Games Returning to Steam

53. Re: EA Games Returning to Steam Oct 29, 2019, 19:24 Drayth

Slick wrote on Oct 29, 2019, 17:18:
I'll never understand humans. The same people who said they'd never install origin are now happy that they have to run origin AND steam at the same time, every time they launch the game. Hurray?

Not even touching the "giving a significant (though probably less than 30%) cut of gross to a company that did absolutely zilch to make the game... this just seems like a customer INconvenience if anything.

I sure to love having to drive to Target AND Walmart anytime I want to buy one thing. * shrug *

Well the conversation shifted once someone figured out you had to run both side-by-side. Except for Kx, the anti-RedEye.

News Comments > Bonus DLC Joins DOOM 64 as DOOM Eternal Preorder Bonus

5. Re: Bonus DLC Joins DOOM 64 as DOOM Eternal Preorder Bonus Oct 25, 2019, 19:30 Drayth

aka_STEVE wrote on Oct 25, 2019, 11:00:
I wish I could get DOOM 64 by itself without preordering. I hate pre-orders.

Though I'm stoked there's a legit copy coming to PC, if you're just trying to run D64 at all there's already ports of it you can run.

Here. Check the FAQ. You'll need to get the N64 ROM for the actual game data, but I remember that wasn't too difficult to track down (it's been a year or two since I last got it running).

Edit - and what's with the trumpets on the Revenant??

News Comments > Fallout 76 Launches Fallout 1st Private Server Program

23. Re: Fallout 76 Launches Fallout 1st Private Server Program Oct 23, 2019, 19:24 Drayth

Creston wrote on Oct 23, 2019, 19:13:
Drayth wrote on Oct 23, 2019, 19:03:
Wait a year and subscribe to a private server, then wait another year for the modding support!

They're not that fucking dumb. Skyrim sold 80 million copies because of the modding support. (and the fact it was released for every single system known to man.)

They drop modding support from ES6, and it'll tank just as fucking badly as FO76 did.

This is just a sign of desperately trying to wring a few more dollars out of a flop of a game.

You gotta bank that against people's desire to play it (Todd specifically used Skyrim as an example). If they feel they've got a good grip on how to release a game-as-service game by that point they'll likely do it.

They're not even close to that level though.. so fair point. If they don't get this whole model to click with consumers they'd be foolish to do it

This comment was edited on Oct 23, 2019, 19:35.

News Comments > Fallout 76 Launches Fallout 1st Private Server Program

19. Re: Fallout 76 Launches Fallout 1st Private Server Program Oct 23, 2019, 19:03 Drayth

This plus Todd's comment about how the "problem" with Skyrim was once it was out the door they could no longer "engage" with their audience, leads me to heavily suspect... say goodbye to an offline Elder Scrolls VI.

Want to have a private game with mods? Wait a year and subscribe to a private server, then wait another year for the modding support! In the meantime have you checked out the Dovahkiin Shop : D ??! All Christmas Gif Emotes are 50% off on their initial price!

News Comments > The Outer Worlds Reviews

54. Re: The Outer Worlds Reviews Oct 23, 2019, 18:05 Drayth

JDreye - I did a google search before heading out.. clicked a link near the top of the search and saw some of the screenshots I've seen in the past, as well as photos of her in bed with one of the guys she cheated with. Google actually consulted feminists a few years back to improve the search algorithms so I'm actually surprised I got such a bad site, it was within the first 3 hits. I was looking for screenshots because unless we're claiming those are fabricated... I then skimmed the article as I was heading out the door. Obviously I pulled a site with a bad history.

Beamer - You know what I meant in my Trump analogy. It was an extreme example to prove a point that there's no way any of us could ever have 100% proof on anything we read online (which is what you use as your defense). OF COURSE I don't think he's a nice guy. OF COURSE he isn't. But have you met him? Have you hung out with him? Then you can only be 99.999999% sure. THAT's the point. You used that against me just to bolster your argument.

Look, your arguments amount to "What 100% evidence do you have that this is true?". Well if that's out there it's going to take more digging than I have time or care to do. I'm not testifying in front of a judge.

When half the internet has a beef with someone then there's probably something to it. When you can see evidence of them acting in the way they're being accused of there's probably something to it.

From what I've read / heard in passing she had a kickstarter for a new game. It made millions. Shortly after she posted a picture of her in a very nice Japanese hotel room wearing one of the hotel robes. Someone recognized (claiming to be female btw) the pattern of the robe, apparently each hotel's is unique, and was able to determine the hotel and how potentially extravagant the room was.

Just when anger started flaring up about no game being delivered and things like this photo started circulating she aired her issues with the mentally handicapped person who took his life over the post. I'm willing to believe her posts were honest, but I also heavily suspect the posting was strategic because of the timing.

I also saw tweets from someone who worked for her on how awful working for her was. Another female btw.

It's a constant flow of scandals for her. And everytime something questionable happens it diminishes the feminism cause for people who truly belong to it, and for the women who have their own real horrific past experiences. Just like everything else these days Feminism is being defined by these extreme groups who grab headlines and pervert the real cause.

It is my opinion that she, and others like Anita, weaponize social media, and exploit feminism to make money off it. It usually follows that if there's an easy way to make money -someone- will try to exploit it, right? If you don't agree, fine we can agree to disagree. But fuck off with your attacks at anyone who doesn't automatically subscribe to IF Female > Then Pure as Snow. Can't even have a discussion.

It's not a gender thing for me. There are people who do mostly good things. And there are people who do mostly bad things.

43. Re: The Outer Worlds Reviews Oct 23, 2019, 10:53 Drayth

I didn't want to have to go digging up shit I saw years ago, but I found this which seems to cover what I remember hearing back then (with screenshots).
here

You seem to just omit anyone from any potential wrong doing automatically if they're female. When there's this many scandals surrounding a single person, maybe there's something to it? I still acknowledge I can't say for 100% any of this is absolutely accurate (just like I can say the same for ANYTHING I read (maybe Trump's a nice guy?)), but there's just so much evidence. So is half the internet in on this? Meanwhile you JUMP down anyone's throat as if the source of any of her criticism is coming from like 2 angry dudes on the internet.

There's her kickstarter which raised 80 + million for a video game she's no longer bothering to make. And seems to be out of money now, even though during the kickstarter she was caught staying at a very expensive Japanese hotel. Was that all made up? A whole cabal of angry men got together and worked out the fake news to spread everywhere on it?

Women have just as much potential to be a complete asshole as anyone else. So when I read so-and-so has been caught doing whatever I just judge it based on how much evidence there is. Gender isn't part of that unless it specifically is. Like when someone does do wrong doing to someone because they're female, or gay or w/e. That shit's deplorable. I just don't get the impression this one's suffering directly from much if any of that.

32. Re: The Outer Worlds Reviews Oct 22, 2019, 19:19 Drayth

Beamer wrote on Oct 22, 2019, 17:57:
We'll wait. You'll never come back to this thread, the poorly informed never do, but we'll wait. Just one product that has a review whose score was a transaction for sex.

Is this some sort of trap? There's a rather well known one that started an entire online scandal. With Facebook screenshots to prove it, and the accused not denying it even.

I think I'll leave it at that because I have a hunch you're going to come back with something like "Well were you standing there when it happened? NO?? You have no proof then!".

So uh, yeah...

The world needs more single player, no live service BS RPG's out there, so good on Obsidian for keeping things (not really all that) ol' school.

News Comments > Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 Delayed

9. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 Delayed Oct 16, 2019, 21:12 Drayth

This was coming out just before Cyberpunk, that's reason enough to change the date...  

News Comments > NVIDIA Launching RTX Game Remastering Program

6. Re: NVIDIA Launching RTX Game Remastering Program Oct 12, 2019, 16:14 Drayth

JSP wrote on Oct 12, 2019, 14:59:
I'll be impressed if No One Lives Forever returns via RTX 'remastering'.

THAT should be top of the list of games. RTX disco balls... HOOooooo!

TRON 2.0 could be another interesting one.

News Comments > Morning Patches

6. Re: Morning Patches Oct 11, 2019, 16:59 Drayth

Yeah game servers are botched atm too.
Also added this patch - ship rentals and on-foot mining (part of the caves deal).

Comments from the test servers were this is one of the smoothest patches (ironically) thus far. Being attributed to their new development process.

News Comments > Op Ed

20. Re: Op Ed Oct 11, 2019, 16:51 Drayth

chickenboo wrote on Oct 11, 2019, 12:10:

It's not only that, it's lazy journalism. "Oh look Reddit is complaining about RDR2's file size, sounds like a quick n easy article clickbate for me!"

yep, this

1390 Comments. 70 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >