Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Drayth

Real Name Drayth   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 24, 2007, 04:01
Total Comments 905 (Graduate)
User ID 36713

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Mass Effect Remasters Hint
14. Re: Mass Effect Remasters Hint Aug 17, 2016, 02:15 Drayth

I played through them all last year, texture packs for each one.

I recommend this one for ME1
http://www.nexusmods.com/masseffect/mods/1/?

Use a large address aware on the .exe, also.

ME2, and ME3 were a bit more work though. Had to use Texmod for ME2, which meant very long initial load time when starting the game.

ME3 I had to rebuild the texture path tree to sort of "swap out" the texture pack for the originals. You gotta leave your system running a few hours while that builds.

So yeah, I welcome an HD Remaster.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > BioShock Remastered Trailer
15. Re: Into the Black Aug 10, 2016, 08:54 Drayth

NegaDeath wrote on Aug 10, 2016, 01:27:
Good news you don't have a reason to be pissed off.
"And if you already own BioShock, BioShock 2, and/or Minerva’s Den on Steam, you will be able to upgrade to the remastered version of the respective title(s) for free after release."

Anyways I'm down for a prettier second run through B1.

Own the previous versions and we'll wipe away the debt!

News Comments > Overwatch Summer Games
17. Re: Overwatch Summer Games Aug 3, 2016, 07:13 Drayth

Might want to pick it up again till you get to the ranked matches. I don't know if you'll like it more or less at that point, but it's definitely a different beast. Course, you're ranked based on team wins... so gl or w/e  

News Comments > New AMD Crimson Drivers
29. Re: New AMD Crimson Drivers Jul 12, 2016, 20:28 Drayth

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 12, 2016, 18:43:
I ran the above through google translate and it broke the internet. Can anyone paraphrase or is it a tldr tirade.

Came out to something like, 'WaltC really like beans.'... /shrug

News Comments > AMD Drivers Address Power Issues
13. Re: AMD Drivers Address Power Issues Jul 8, 2016, 06:26 Drayth

Simon Says wrote on Jul 8, 2016, 03:47:
As for "buying into a brand's marketing", that would be relevant if it wasn't so off the mark. My GPU buying history speaks for itself, I never had any preference nor will I ever have any.

No, I said marketing image. Like (but very much not limited to) those who think one company is more evil / good than the other, when really they're both doing what ever it is they can with what they have to cut into the other's sales.

News Comments > AMD Drivers Address Power Issues
9. Re: AMD Drivers Address Power Issues Jul 8, 2016, 00:45 Drayth

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 7, 2016, 22:05:
I don't know about these other websites but someone is sure butthurt because they misunderstood or took out of context something that hardocp posted.

Yeah [H] has been calling out various missteps along the way, but people take one look at their articles and scream bias because they buy into the marketing image of either company.

News Comments > System Shock Remaster Becomes a Reboot
7. Re: System Shock Remaster Becomes a Reboot Jun 24, 2016, 20:52 Drayth

I fall somewhere between posts 1 and 4 in terms of reaction. I do appreciate there being a demo though, hopefully it's enough of a chunk to judge by.  

News Comments > The Technomancer Delayed a Week
1. Re: The Technomancer Delayed a Week Jun 21, 2016, 13:20 Drayth

Sure it wasn't delayed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9v-33jcEDk4

...?

News Comments > PC Destiny Still Possible
48. Re: PC Destiny Still Possible Jun 17, 2016, 18:35 Drayth

SmyTTor wrote on Jun 17, 2016, 15:19:
I dunno... I kinda thought the main thing that made Bungie famous was being pretty much the only real Mac game developer back in the day...

As far as I can tell they were the first ones to have an AI system that could actually loose sight of the player in an FPS shooter (halo 1). I went to a developer talk at a conference and they covered the line of site AI system they were using.

Thief series did this too, but it was cool to see it in a fast pace shooter.

News Comments > Evening Patches
2. Re: Evening Patches Jun 17, 2016, 18:01 Drayth

Just don't overwatch too much.

...I'll walk myself out.

43. Re: PC Destiny Still Possible Jun 17, 2016, 15:33 Drayth

Yosemite Sam wrote on Jun 17, 2016, 14:38:
There is and there isn't. The game world is evolving and changes a little with each DLC. There are things that happened and we played through that no longer exist in the game, they are now lore, as in "remember back in year one when this happened" People who are jumping in now missed out on those things and will never get to experience them. Could really care less about having some shovel fed long story, game gives you a basic concept, a reason for being there and an awesome sandbox to play in with some of the best mechanics in the industry. Haters gonna hate, I've had great time playing this game and am looking forward to many more hours of fun in the Destiny universe.... but for now it's back to GTA, got me an empire to build!

Ok, gotcha. Thanks. Sometimes minor things early on in an epic style story can lead to major events later in it (Babylon 5, for example). Would hate to miss out in something like that if the game is worth getting. That's mainly my completionist side talking though.

32. Re: PC Destiny Still Possible Jun 17, 2016, 14:25 Drayth

jdreyer wrote on Jun 17, 2016, 14:19:

That's a feature, not a bug. If you squint hard and read between the lines, you can make out in big bright neon letters, "GO BUY AN XBOX1!"

This being a first person shooter first, and an MMO second I've always suspected the lack of a PC port has more to do with mouse + keyboard advantage over controllers. Even if PC was kept to it's own servers, the amount of ownage the k&m users could pull off would draw the attention of the hardcore Destiny players who've gone through enough raid wipes.

Then you get a fractured player base. Console players complaining about the advantage, or switching to PC which the console makers don't seem to want. Then Destiny becomes just another game, instead of something console players can hold up as "their" MMO.

With that said, I suspect they've kept a PC port in their back pocket to pull out if the console sales on the game start to dwindle.

All just theory though.

This comment was edited on Jun 17, 2016, 14:31.

27. Re: PC Destiny Still Possible Jun 17, 2016, 14:09 Drayth

I thought one of the big draws of Destiny was there was this ten year over arching story the players will ride through. At this rate PC players will be joining for the epilogue.

Edit - I should have read more comments first, apparently there isn't much of a story going on (based on occasional headlines I notice I wouldn't have thought that).

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Video
6. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Video Jun 15, 2016, 22:59 Drayth

Cant. Wait.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition
29. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition Jun 13, 2016, 17:56 Drayth

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 14:40:
Anyone got any insight on what good combat mods to make the game not so trivial after you gear yourself?

The three main combat overhaul mods are a bit problematic these days (last I checked on these was about a month and a half ago though). One has a nasty bug where you suddenly start running in place draining all your stamina. Another hasn't been updated in quite a while, and the third is script heavy and is getting reports of corrupted saves.

There is an overhaul mod that affects combat greatly, and the guy behind it knows his coding so the mod's solid on a technical level. It overhaul's everything though, and makes combat very very tough, especially at the beginning. It tries to make Skyrim into a more hardcore RPG, like you can't pick locks at all or wear heavy armor (your stamina will just drain) until you put one skill point into their respective trees, which are overhauled as well. If you get the hang of it you may never go back.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/19281/?

Outside of that one there are some smaller combat mods that can improve the experience. They're mostly meant to accompany the bigger ones, but work fine on their own. Check out Brodual's top 10 combat mod video on youtube.

Edit - May I also recommend Vivid Weathers. 3D particle rain effect that actually causes rain in the distance is one of the better highlights. That and the fog.

News Comments > Serious Sam VR Announced
13. Re: Serious Sam VR Announced Jun 13, 2016, 16:51 Drayth

Fuck you, fun new technology!!  

News Comments > Prey Announced
17. Re: Prey Announced Jun 13, 2016, 12:26 Drayth

I really have to wonder if they were developing this game completely independent of anything and when it came to name it they were like, "Well we *own* this name...".

Probably not, but regardless I liked what I saw. I'm down for a good psychological horror game mixed shooter. Now they just have to pull off the "good" part.

News Comments > Prey Announced
7. Re: Prey Announced Jun 13, 2016, 10:35 Drayth

Wesp5 wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 09:55:
And didn't we already have several Wolfenstein reboots?

Only once, Return to Castle Wolfenstein. Everything after is part of the same series.

News Comments > The Technomancer E3 Trailer
1. Re: The Technomancer E3 Trailer Jun 10, 2016, 11:30 Drayth

and Tracer's sister

Well how can I not click this now...

News Comments > Wasteland 2: Director's Cut Free Weekend
11. Re: Wasteland 2: Director's Cut Free Weekend Jun 10, 2016, 10:35 Drayth

LittleMe wrote on Jun 10, 2016, 09:52:
I tried many times to get into Bard's Tale. I couldn't. Found it to be a pale imitation of the great game that was Alternate Reality.

Holy crap! Someone who played AR! Yes, that was a freaking amazing game(s). Too bad the series never made it past the second module.

905 Comments. 46 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo