Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Drayth

Real Name Drayth   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 24, 2007, 04:01
Total Comments 1291 (Pro)
User ID 36713

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > The Bard's Tale IV: Director's Cut Next Month
4. Re: The Bard's Tale IV: Director's Cut Next Month Jul 12, 2019, 20:36 Drayth

Satanism, Cutter!

SATANIC.
RITUALS.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Bard's Tale IV: Director's Cut Next Month
1. Re: The Bard's Tale IV: Director's Cut Next Month Jul 12, 2019, 18:38 Drayth

After seeing this in the console news section earlier this morning I followed some links and found somewhere stating that owners on PC of the original will get this as a free upgrade. Having trouble finding where I saw that atm.  

News Comments > Torchlight Free on Epic Games Store
16. Re: Torchlight Free on Epic Games Store Jul 12, 2019, 17:32 Drayth

Kxmode wrote on Jul 12, 2019, 17:12:
RedEye9 wrote on Jul 12, 2019, 17:05:
Drayth wrote on Jul 12, 2019, 16:55:
Kxmode wrote on Jul 12, 2019, 16:35:
Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Jul 12, 2019, 12:34:
This is bullshit, I paid full price for this game 10 years ago, and now it is free to play. UGGGGG!! DAMN YOU EPIC STORE!!
That's not what people complain about, but you do you if that tickles your fancy boat.

i loled
metoo
Riahderymnmaddog is the prince of hyperbole and biting satire so much so that the Poe's Law wiki actually references him.
But it's still funny when he trips up a forum regular.

My point is still valid Kool-Aid drinker.

stilloling

News Comments > Torchlight Free on Epic Games Store
12. Re: Torchlight Free on Epic Games Store Jul 12, 2019, 16:55 Drayth

Kxmode wrote on Jul 12, 2019, 16:35:
Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Jul 12, 2019, 12:34:
This is bullshit, I paid full price for this game 10 years ago, and now it is free to play. UGGGGG!! DAMN YOU EPIC STORE!!

That's not what people complain about, but you do you if that tickles your fancy boat.

i loled

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
9. Re: Retro Dust II Map Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Counter-Strike Jul 12, 2019, 16:53 Drayth

Stop listening to all the idiotic outrage over nonsense.

Always listen to constructive criticism (but then decide whether it's applicable).

News Comments > Amazon Making The Lord of the Rings MMOG
19. Re: Amazon Making The Lord of the Rings MMOG Jul 10, 2019, 18:22 Drayth

One thing (of many) the LoTRO game did right (played it ages ago (no meta-pun intended)) was you never "died" from battle. You just became too severely wounded and "passed out". This meshed with the low-fantasy lore.

I bet this is going to be another - you're the chosen one; brought back as part wraith to end the evil threatening ME.... unkillable just like every other player you see bunny-hopping around you...

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Concludes With Giveaway
24. Re: Steam Summer Sale Concludes With Giveaway Jul 10, 2019, 16:48 Drayth

As with everything it's up to them what to do with the data. Developers do have motivation to get their games sold sooner rather than later before other games absorb up hype, or eclipse their own game. A ton of wish lists with no one biting could mean that sweet low low price you're aiming for happening sooner rather than later.

Probably more frequent but less deep sales, but I enjoy the service it provides and video games themselves enough to not worry about something for $14.99 vs $11.99.

Note I don't use it with AAA publisher games however (easy enough to track those anyways). For indie pre-release games it helps show the publisher there's demand for the game, so a tight budgeted one may get more funding, or not axed.

News Comments > Op Ed
9. Re: Op Ed Jul 9, 2019, 18:11 Drayth

Creston wrote on Jul 9, 2019, 16:39:
Yeah but once EGS replaces Steam, everything will be so great, guys! Just wait and see! Tim Sweeney loves us, he really does!

Rolleyes

I'm more concerned about them drying up the market and killing off GOG.

If they kill GOG Imapissed.

News Comments > Morning Patches
4. Re: ESRGAN AI-enchanced Jul 8, 2019, 14:17 Drayth

Bill Borre wrote on Jul 8, 2019, 11:20:
I wonder if video card drivers will someday just do this automatically for games.

And sacrifice frame rates on those future 1444440hz 1080p monitors?? No wai! RTX: Off

News Comments > AMD NAVI Graphics Card Reviews
9. Re: AMD NAVI Graphics Card Reviews Jul 7, 2019, 16:27 Drayth

Those minimum FPS scores are all over the place on the AMD side. Frame time issues hooo!  

News Comments > The Walking Dead Definitive Series in September on Epic Games Store
10. Re: The Walking Dead Definitive Series in September on Epic Games Store Jul 2, 2019, 18:16 Drayth

jdreyer wrote on Jul 1, 2019, 19:28:

Zombie BRRAAAAIIIINNS!

Zombie SEND MORE COPS

News Comments > Remedy Regains Control Over Alan Wake
15. Re: Remedy Regains Control Over Alan Wake Jul 2, 2019, 09:38 Drayth

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 2, 2019, 07:28:
I recall Alan Wake being over the shoulder 3rd person with a dot shooting setup a little like early Hitman games, with some inertia when you run and change directions. Also with the flashlight debuff mechanic. Your character wasn't supposed to be an ultra elite soldier though, I think they purposely designed the movement with the 'human' animations of changing direction etc. (ie. slowdown) on purpose. I can see those animations REALLY pissing people off who wanted faster responding controls though.

I don't remember having any problems with the kb&m setup either.

News Comments > Remedy Regains Control Over Alan Wake
4. Re: Remedy Regains Control Over Alan Wake Jul 1, 2019, 13:57 Drayth

Slashman wrote on Jul 1, 2019, 13:47:
Wow...you know if CJ Parker says its crap...

Then it is at least worth checking out.

Wasn't ground breaking, but I quite enjoyed it. The narrative caries the game. Quirky horror, VERY Twin Peaks'ish. Some other inspirations they're not shy of pointing out in the game too (the borrowing of styles is worked in as part of the plot).

News Comments > Tim Sweeney on EGS' Impact
156. Re: Tim Sweeney on EGS' Impact Jun 27, 2019, 15:58 Drayth

grudgebearer wrote on Jun 27, 2019, 12:25:

When's the last time CD Projekt Red went out and sniped a game on steam a week before release to make it GoG exclusive, undercut a couple of Kickstarter projects that were to be released on Steam and made them exclusives, and then had Piotr Karwowski jump on Twitter to tell consumers that they are limiting their choice of retailers for their own good and the good of developers?

Sweeney brings this on himself.

Can't tell if you understood that was my whole point or not... but sure, yeah.

News Comments > Tim Sweeney on EGS' Impact
146. Re: Tim Sweeney on EGS' Impact Jun 27, 2019, 10:51 Drayth

Verno wrote on Jun 27, 2019, 09:09:
Epic doesn't get the kid glove treatment just because they're a new player in the industry. Seems pretty rational to me. I'm not sure why people are so obsessed over what others do their money either.

Seriously. GoG does pretty much everything right, and how much discussion on them occurs on average? You don't see anyone feeling the need to grab a sword and shout from the castle walls every time they have a sale, or when something doesn't get released on their store. Point being, if evryone's more or less content with a service there's not a whole lot to discuss other than the occasional praise over a sweet deal, or legitimately interesting news.

But when Epic news causes a genuine stir there's a VERY vocal few who feel like they need to explain to you how your thinking is wrong and their crystal ball has told them that Epic checks out. They totally will stop starving the market if their competitor will just give in to their demands, that they themselves totally will be living by as well forever. And yeah they may have gotten rich off someone else's idea, fumble how to handle a seasonal sale, and are known to have a stressful workplace for the sake of constantly pumping out new content, but their tactics are totally altruistic, meant for the betterment of all gamers, swearzys. Throw all your money their way so they can keep starving the market.

It's not like a company that can literally throw tons of money to anyone willing to sign an exclusivity deal with them would also have the money to hire some of the best marketing people who could come up with tweets like this one. This is from the heart.

Oh and if their tactics of buying out all these indy games happens to kill off GoG, meh... at least we're sticking it to the evil Steam store, with it's dumb feature rich store front and earned market share.

News Comments > Black Mesa Xen Technical Beta
9. Re: Black Mesa Xen Technical Beta Jun 27, 2019, 01:02 Drayth

I remember posting in the original Planet Half-Life thread this endeavor kicked off in. I was semi-considering joining in on it at the time.  

News Comments > Black Mesa Xen Gameplay Video
8. Re: Black Mesa Xen Gameplay Video Jun 25, 2019, 16:39 Drayth

According to that link they're releasing the first 3 maps of 6 for beta testing. REALLY hope those other three aren't too far behind and are being held back so as not to spoil too much.  

News Comments > Black Mesa Xen Gameplay Video
2. Re: Black Mesa Xen Gameplay Video Jun 25, 2019, 13:09 Drayth

They may actually finish this thing..??

Played through the free version a long time ago. Own the payed version, but been waiting for them to finish off Xen before doing a play through. Think I'll pass on the videos and just hold out for eventual release... eventually.

What next, Skywind...?

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
4. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jun 24, 2019, 10:47 Drayth

They have the resolution wrong in that article. It's a 3440x1440 monitor.

Also, it's the same height as a 27" 16:9 monitor, fyi.

1291 Comments. 65 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo