Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Drayth

Real Name Drayth   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 24, 2007, 04:01
Total Comments 1149 (Pro)
User ID 36713

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
62. Re: Op Ed Sep 18, 2018, 18:35 Drayth

Such a --> jerk <--  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
57. Re: Op Ed Sep 18, 2018, 00:00 Drayth

jdreyer wrote on Sep 17, 2018, 21:19:
Beat Saber... Is that the name of the VR pr0n game?

Such a jerk.

News Comments > Op Ed
52. Re: Op Ed Sep 17, 2018, 19:14 Drayth

Wrong button  

News Comments > Op Ed
51. Re: Op Ed Sep 17, 2018, 19:14 Drayth

HoSpanky wrote on Sep 17, 2018, 13:56:
Steam allows you to see what someone has on their account

Actually that can be blocked via privacy settings. In fact you can now make it so no sees you in a game while on Steam chat.

Come to think of it, I believe the chat feature is recent. Like around the same time they declared they would sell games regardless of ESRB raiting recent... hmm....

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Roadmap
8. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Roadmap Sep 9, 2018, 03:43 Drayth

They've made a lot of solo-friendly tweeks since the early days. Even Flashpoints have a solo mode, and every companion can be a tank, dps or healer which you switch on the fly.

I jump in every once in a while just for the story, pretty much.

News Comments > Witch Thief Announced
3. Re: Witch Thief Announced Sep 5, 2018, 20:39 Drayth

*woosh*  

News Comments > Witch Thief Announced
1. Re: Witch Thief Announced Sep 5, 2018, 19:00 Drayth

Other titles considered include:
Half Doom
Baulder's Diablo
Shadow of Metro

Edit: also

News Comments > Star Citizen Scraps CitizenCon Keynote Stream Fee
74. Re: Star Citizen Scraps CitizenCon Keynote Stream Fee Sep 2, 2018, 20:04 Drayth

dsmart wrote on Sep 2, 2018, 19:35:
it's as if you expect those things to become true by virtue of your repeating them while perched on a shaky flawed stance.

Ever work for a theater chain? You'd make a hell of a projectionist.

65. Re: Star Citizen Scraps CitizenCon Keynote Stream Fee Sep 2, 2018, 15:33 Drayth

dsmart wrote on Sep 2, 2018, 15:01:
ps: Yeah, those are the same "experts" (that's why we have good, bad, and incompetent lawyers) who were saying the case was bs, Crytek had no case, it would be thrown out etc. And they know more about the law than a Federal judge. LOL!!

Then the MtD ruling came.

ps. Thanks for the Sun afternoon lols.

Yep, that's totally what they said.

56. Re: Star Citizen Scraps CitizenCon Keynote Stream Fee Sep 1, 2018, 21:49 Drayth

How do you know they're "freaking out"? Do you get to hang out with them? Wire tapped their office? Or some totally legit, 'no, really!', absolutely, for reals insider gave you irrefutable proof that his roommate, who's friends with a neighbor of a QA tester applicant overheard this?

48. Re: Star Citizen Scraps CitizenCon Keynote Stream Fee Sep 1, 2018, 18:08 Drayth

All they had to do was announce their plans to possibly do a professional streaming service, put all the details that have been posted since the dumpster fire into the announcement and ask for community feedback on the matter.

Can't really do a poll since some are getting it for free anyways (which would stack the poll against those who would have to pay), but at least start a discussion that's visible to the backers.

Chris put the cart before the horse, thinking they're on the same footing with the fans as Blizzard. There's a large fan base, yes. Until at least one of the games is shipped though they have to be crystal clear about any channels for more funding.

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 48-Minute Gameplay Video
20. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 48-Minute Gameplay Video Aug 27, 2018, 21:54 Drayth

Ok, finally watched it.

Yeah, sold.

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 48-Minute Gameplay Video
18. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 48-Minute Gameplay Video Aug 27, 2018, 19:17 Drayth

"though it's been upscaled from 1080p to 4K for some reason:"

I think what they're saying is 4k gets a better quality compression than 1080p. Just like it's better to watch a YouTube video of just a song playing at higher resolutions because the audio quality improves as the resolution increases.

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Weekend
11. Re: Star Citizen Free Weekend Aug 24, 2018, 19:09 Drayth

Sorry, Red. I thought that it was a given that everything is earnable in game once the game's out proper.

Thought you were being sarcastic about it not being in the current patch.

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Weekend
9. Re: Star Citizen Free Weekend Aug 24, 2018, 18:58 Drayth

He's being snarky. Nope.

First iteration of that is going in to the 3.3 patch (October). However, they're offering several ships to people trying out the free weekend, and when ever they're testing a new patch on the test servers backers can log in to that and spawn any available ship.

News Comments > CIG/Crytek Lawsuit Proceeds
132. Re: CIG/Crytek Lawsuit Proceeds Aug 20, 2018, 23:57 Drayth

Kxmode wrote on Aug 20, 2018, 20:54:
Because I trust the lawyers and law firms he hires. Not Derek himself.

And who is the one posting?

To which I assume you'll reply that even though it's Derek there's possibly some miniscule grain of truth in there.

To which I say, if you can't tell which is truth (if any) and which is not, what good is any of it? There's such a high slant of bias, I find his posts useless.

119. Re: CIG/Crytek Lawsuit Proceeds Aug 18, 2018, 20:21 Drayth

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Aug 18, 2018, 20:03:
Please watch this video from 2015

And Derek will continue to insist that since she's an actress the whole thing was just an act.

112. Re: CIG/Crytek Lawsuit Proceeds Aug 18, 2018, 12:27 Drayth

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Aug 18, 2018, 12:05:
This is Bluesnews. You're not supposed to praise Star Citizen here and recognise that it's still in development. It's trendy to hate on the game and hope for its demise. Beatnik
Hey, until Chris and Sandi stand up, fire all 500+ employees shouting "HA! Jokes on youuu!", then get away in their $20'ish uber ride, payed for by keeping the long-con scam going for 10'ish years, but only paying each other $1 per due to the project always almost running out of money, I'm all-in.

95. Re: CIG/Crytek Lawsuit Proceeds Aug 17, 2018, 20:35 Drayth

Asking me?

Couldn't tell you. The tech for everything I just described is decades away...

93. Re: CIG/Crytek Lawsuit Proceeds Aug 17, 2018, 19:54 Drayth

My game session earlier this week: Hop in ship. Find easy delivery mission (just wanted to chill out in game before crashing for the night). Mission will get me the money (+ what I had) to afford a medium armored helm. Fly to moon and pick up package. Fly to delivery location (different moon), enter atmosphere, approach outpost and spot two ships hovering just above it. One's firing at the habitat, I figured he's just messing around possibly looking for a fight so I buzz the area a few times but he just flies off eventually so I land. Walking up to the outer airlock I notice I have to cycle the airlock which means the last time it was used someone(s) went inside.

Suspicious I drop the package I'm supposed to deliver and enter the airlock. Cycle. Shotgun drawn I'm ambushed by two other players shooting into the airlock at me. I have a medium armor chest piece, these guys have no armor, one had a decent sub-machine gun though. I take out one guy, other runs into airlock and gets it cycling before I manage to get through the door. By the time I'm out he's jumped into my ship and takes me out with my own ship's guns (all of this while looking like I'm on a movie set).

So... I believe the narrative right now as to how this is a scam is they're keeping development prolonged so they can pay themselves big salaries? I don't have the means to show evidence of this, or disprove it, other than that's kind of counter to how much work goes in to the game. <- I say that, because the scenario above played out like an ArmA 3 match in space (it was really damn fun too). That is to say, what is in the game currently shows a certain level of ambition.

Yes it has taken a very long time just to get *here*, and yes it's not necessarily the game people backed in the early days (I totally respect people who have grievance over that). It is for some of us though, and at this point anyone going in should know what they're getting in to. They're no longer adding ambitious stretch goals, and appear to be working on the laundry list which was created (the land claim fluff piece wasn't too popular, even with me, but it does use systems that are already in place, or planned to be minus the base building ship). Plus there's a year's + roadmap right up on their site.

As for that long stretch of getting here; I don't think they expected the funding to reach what it did in the early years. I think getting the infrastructure in place to develop what it is now turning into took years. Basing that off some of their own words.

They're making an expensive game. They don't act coy about that. However, that's also why the graphics, music, atmosphere.. everything in game seems top-notch, imo. 3.0 and 3.1 were a buggy, stuttering mess, but it's made noticeable strides since.

1149 Comments. 58 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo