Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Drayth

Real Name Drayth   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 24, 2007, 04:01
Total Comments 1185 (Pro)
User ID 36713

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > John Romero Is Going to Make You His Wad
17. Re: John Romero Is Going to Make You His Wad Dec 10, 2018, 15:51 Drayth

Didn't someone important once say, "If you're good at something never do it for free."?

Or was that the Joker?

...nm, I think it was the Joker.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Engine Lawsuit May End
14. Re: Star Citizen Engine Lawsuit May End Dec 8, 2018, 20:07 Drayth

Well I checked his twitter, and yeah.. while everyone else is saying slam dunk, he's got a different take.

He linked to this image from earlier in the year..
Original MtD
..stating that everything from this current ruling pertains only to section 2 from the image above, which was already dismissed. The judge is just giving Crytek another chance to amend it (thus giving them another chance NOT to get section 2 dismissed). So by his account, nothing much has happened, only that the lawsuit may get worse for CIG.

Meanwhile everyone else is stating that what's been dismissed is pretty much the meat of the entire lawsuit. And someone in the reddit thread claimed this about the judge leaving the option to amend...

I am a lawyer, and that's actually a pretty decent summary.

Just one addition. Usually when a judge gives leave to amend the complaint in something like this, after it's already been amended twice, it's because they know the plaintiff doesn't have the facts to properly amended the complaint. By giving them leave to amend it effectively grants the motion to dismiss, while avoiding most issues of it going to appeal.

...but, you know, Derek has pieces of papers with the letters PHD on them so who cares what this guy said.

News Comments > RAGE 2 in May
20. Re: RAGE 2 in May Dec 7, 2018, 19:25 Drayth

Darks wrote on Dec 7, 2018, 12:49:
Why is it a shit store?

IK,R? Who can argue with their awesome refund policy?! Stuff it in a nylon bag you naysayers!

News Comments > Far Cry New Dawn in February
20. Re: Far Cry New Dawn in February Dec 7, 2018, 15:02 Drayth

Not so much. Blood Dragon was def it's own (awesome) thing. This is a direct sequel to FC5.  

News Comments > Far Cry New Dawn in February
16. Re: Far Cry New Dawn in February Dec 7, 2018, 10:55 Drayth

I guess this is like Primal where they tweaked an existing map to make a game out of. Not complaining, just sayin'. Bring on the neon buffalo!

Who runs Borderlands Town??

News Comments > X4: Foundations Launches
10. Re: X4: Foundations Launches Nov 30, 2018, 21:36 Drayth

OH FFS.. ok cleared cookies, lol.  

News Comments > Fallout 76 Legal Fallout?
60. Re: Fallout 76 Legal Fallout? Nov 29, 2018, 19:38 Drayth

jdreyer wrote on Nov 29, 2018, 10:51:
sean_murray wrote on Nov 29, 2018, 10:30:
Quinn wrote on Nov 29, 2018, 06:02:
https://youtu.be/2tAVh9baJkw

Fuck this company. Fuck F76.

Jim Sterling pointed out that the 500 atoms they're offering owners of the CE for recompense of the canvas bag is 200 atoms short of being able to purchase the in-game canvas bag, lol.

KX? Did you make a sockpuppet account?

That was me accidentally posting again under an account I only meant to use once. lol

Sorry, Blue.. I'll never use it again. Promise.

News Comments > Fallout 76 Legal Fallout?
54. Re: Fallout 76 Legal Fallout? Nov 28, 2018, 18:07 Drayth

I read earlier today that someone compared the script of the whatever-flying-nuclear-mutant-boss-creature in this game to a Skyrim dragon, and it's the same exact script.

That pretty much sums up to me the overall impression I've got from all the reviews (Angry Joe's especially), and various streams I've seen clips from.

I get that some people can find fun in what's there, more power to them, I personally don't want to reward Bethesda for this half-assed effort though.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 28, 2018, 12:47 Drayth

theglaze wrote on Nov 28, 2018, 12:37:
Netflix is making a live-action 'Cowboy Bebop' series.

uggggggh

FFS, NO! Leave it the classic that it already is.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Free Visions Update Tomorrow
57. Re: No Man's Sky Free Visions Update Tomorrow Nov 26, 2018, 21:11 Drayth

There. Can you give it a rest now??  

News Comments > No Man's Sky Free Visions Update Tomorrow
28. Re: No Man's Sky Free Visions Update Tomorrow Nov 21, 2018, 18:21 Drayth

I'll just repost this...

So while the con men were over in their corner of Dry Town selling their cure-all tonics, Sean rolled into the thirsty desert town promising to build a well for anyone for $2. People forked over their money, eager at the prospect of being provided their own water sources. When it came time to start building however, Sean only brought a bucket for each person.

There was an uproar. Some returned their buckets (and were suitably reimbursed their $2). Most kept theirs begrudgingly and drank from the small offerings that they had been given.

Over time though Sean would return to town, despite the hisses and rotten vegetables being flung in his direction. Always with a larger bucket filled to the top for each and everyone who held on to their original. Till one day, the denizens of Dry Town walked out unto their front porches to find a well of near-eternal fresh water next to every homestead of those who had kept their buckets.

Not KX's home, however. No. He stood slanted against the KXwalls of his KXhome, arms crossed, pistol at his side. All the while delivering Sean a most dour glare. No Sean, you will find no forgiveness in this dark KXHeart. Not this day.

Not Ever.

News Comments > Battlefield V Launches
17. Re: Battlefield V Launches Nov 20, 2018, 13:18 Drayth

Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Nov 20, 2018, 11:09:
Battlefield V sucks, it doesn’t offer the incredible single payer experience of COD BO IIII. War stories are boring and not even in English because EA is trying to appease the migrant mob. The game only gets 48 FPS at 4k with ultra-settings and raytracing set to ultra,on a $1400 2080ti, making it broken and unplayable. It also features the worst graphics in the series since BF 1942. Worst game ever, or so I read......

This post is a joke.

No, I mean it's literally a joke. Or so I read. ..

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $200M
46. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Nov 18, 2018, 18:58 Drayth

Yeah, it's a given this is going to take a while longer. Those behind the project get that. Walking around Loreville and exploring Hurston shows us what they're striving for (they've doubled performance in the city in one week's worth of PTU patching btw, in case that issue is mysteriously brought up).

This, to me, is one of the few true PC games being developed on this level. Only other one I can think of is the ArmA series. In a day were every-single-AAA game is a console port it's exciting, for me, to see if this can make it to the finish line. All for the price of a starter package and a small upgrade to my starter ship (Mustang StarterWhatever to Mustang Beta). I actually prefer to earn things in game than have shortcuts, so they can have all the ship sales they want. I'll keep waiting and playing the alpha builds.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $200M
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 17, 2018, 13:20 Drayth

IgWannA wrote on Nov 17, 2018, 13:08:
At what point can we all get refunds for non delivery? I paid my $35 back in 2014 and the completion date keeps getting pushed back indefinitely. If they still haven't released a working game by 2024 can we all get refunds? How long can they go on like this, making more ships and not finishing the game?

This guy explains.

News Comments > Fallout 76 Officially Launches
13. Re: Fallout 76 Officially Launches Nov 15, 2018, 01:08 Drayth

btw  

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Nov 13, 2018, 19:31 Drayth

Best news today after hearing endless rumors of it expected second half of 2019...  

News Comments > Fallout 76 Roadmap
29. Re: Fallout 76 Roadmap Nov 13, 2018, 18:40 Drayth

Cutter wrote on Nov 8, 2018, 10:24:
Thanks but I'm never going to say something is inherently bad simply because I don't like it.

o.0

News Comments > Diablo Mobile Backlash
14. Re: Diablo Mobile Backlash Nov 3, 2018, 16:36 Drayth

Kajetan wrote on Nov 3, 2018, 14:11:

Beth made it better. They too announced some Elder Scrolls mobile dreck, but they knew their audience and they closed with an Elder Scrolls 6 announcement, confirming it's developement. People were pleased, no shitstorm.

Actually I believe they also stated the mobile game would have a PC version as well.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Classic Demo Play Time Limitations
2. Re: World of Warcraft Classic Demo Play Time Limitations Nov 2, 2018, 10:02 Drayth

So they're circumventing the original launch day month experience.. and they call this CLASSIC??!

1185 Comments. 60 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo