Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Drayth

Real Name Drayth   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 24, 2007, 04:01
Total Comments 1087 (Pro)
User ID 36713

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Refund Story Disputed
22. Re: Origin Access Free This Week Sep 15, 2017, 10:26 Drayth

Discord

Just giving a sneak peek at Derek's FUD workshop at play. No idea if they were behind any of this recent one.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > X4 Details Today
20. Re: X4 Details Today Aug 26, 2017, 21:47 Drayth

Will use the Vulkan rendering API, nice. X has the potential of being very CPU intensive. Makes this a good move.

I too think the graphics look a step down, but I believe that's just it's early development state. Everything looks too clean, and lacking texture detail.

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Episode 3 Story Revealed?
25. Re: Half-Life 2: Episode 3 Story Revealed? Aug 25, 2017, 14:01 Drayth

Half-Life was the game that showed me video games could be just as powerful a medium as a book or a movie, and this is how it ends.

I'm actually appreciative of this leak. At least it's some form of closure for the series (haven't read it yet, will have to do so later).

News Comments > Overwatch Mei Trailer
7. Re: Overwatch Mei Trailer Aug 24, 2017, 01:26 Drayth

Kinda the same thing Valve did with the TF character stories.  

News Comments > Bethesda Reveals VR Release Dates
21. Re: Bethesda Reveals VR Release Dates Aug 23, 2017, 19:21 Drayth

Oh nice. I'll check.

Thanks.

News Comments > Bethesda Reveals VR Release Dates
19. Re: Bethesda Reveals VR Release Dates Aug 23, 2017, 19:03 Drayth

Wish games would make the teleport movement in VR an option for those of us with stomachs iron enough to handle normal movement. I was all excited to get Obduction VR, until I started playing. I actually prefer the normal version because of having to blink forward everywhere in VR.

VR is incredibly immersive until you start using the touch controller to throw your feet forward...

News Comments > Prey Trial Version Released
35. Re: Evening Interviews Aug 18, 2017, 18:34 Drayth

Stop picking on everyone, geeze.  

13. Re: Prey Trial Version Released Aug 16, 2017, 22:30 Drayth

I get what you're saying, so I'm not arguing it per-say, but personally... not in the context of this release. There's no number after the title. None of the marketing I saw tried to link it to the old game. I guess I was just mentally prepared to go in thinking of it as it's own thing (and the long span since the original helped with this).

Sure, the naming was obviously a marketing trick to get it just a little more potential sales since people are generally less willing to try out a brand new IP, but they didn't try and push the idea of it being a sequel on us beyond the title.

If I wasn't an old schooler and didn't know about the original, played this, then found out there was an older game called Prey, I would probably start off assuming they were completely unrelated and just both happened to use the same name. Original Prey wasn't a Half-Life level hit, plus the name's way more generic.

Does part of me think the name deserved a more direct sequel? Yes. But at least this game didn't suck.

11. Re: Prey Trial Version Released Aug 16, 2017, 21:48 Drayth

Yeah, I already knew they didn't go in to this game thinking it would be a Prey sequel (that was tacked on later in development), so I just ignored it's "lineage". It has no connection to the original game at all, unless I missed some tiny throwback or something.

I just think of it as a new game with the same name as the old idtech Prey.

7. Re: Prey Trial Version Released Aug 16, 2017, 19:59 Drayth

I've played through the whole game.

At first I was just playing in short stints, but somewhere along the way I got hooked and started playing it avidly. I don't think this game's for everyone (especially if you hate back tracking), but if you like most of the other 451 games (Bioshock, System Shock, Deus Ex, etc.) this is along those lines in terms of gameplay. More of a shooter focus on this one, but with a somewhat unique plot that starts off... lets just say there's an early "A-Ha!" moment, but there's yet more layers to the plot than that.

In the end I liked this one. Really good, bordering on great.. but not omgamazeballz. Excellent ending IMO (stay past the credits).

News Comments > AMD Radeon RX Vegas Launch
3. Re: AMD Radeon RX Vegas Launch Aug 14, 2017, 11:35 Drayth

Still gonna harsh a few mellows.  

News Comments > AMD Vega Graphics Cards and New CPUs Revealed
28. Re: AMD Vega Graphics Cards and New CPUs Revealed Jul 31, 2017, 20:54 Drayth

Granted "trades blows with the 1080" probably means slower on average outside of AMD marketing speak, but I'm still giving them -some- benefit of the doubt till benchmarks are revealed.

However, now that you mention it they were probably referring to the liquid cooled one.

If the similarly priced Vega 64 does run even with the 1080, and sports higher minimum frames then, yes, I can see them doing a minor price drop. They have been somewhat relentless in this area with AMD for the past few years.

News Comments > AMD Vega Graphics Cards and New CPUs Revealed
25. Re: AMD Vega Graphics Cards and New CPUs Revealed Jul 31, 2017, 20:17 Drayth

CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 31, 2017, 17:45:
@Tipsy: Well, I think you would benefit more from a GTX 10 series upgrade than anything else since nVidia has that projection tech (SMP) in Pascal cards that the 980Ti does not have so VR gets a real nice boost.
A GTX 1080 or 1080Ti would be ideal to make a tangible difference because outside of VR the 980Ti and the 1070 are too close together in terms of performance.
The problem, of course, is that you can not buy a graphics card at the moment because of the stupid mining craze .

Also note that HardOCP has done extensive testing with VR titles and find that AMD cards have terrible latency when it comes to VR (despite their "VR Premium" stickers) which causes the headsets to revert to reprojection (a way of maintaining 90fps without having real frames to display in time) much more frequently than NV cards.

Vega may have solved some of this, but I doubt it since it's still GCN architecture. The fact that Vega is a faster card now helps, but I still think you're better off with an NV equivalent for VR.

CPU is also important for VR.

Also, you may want to wait and see if NV lowers their prices as a punch to the gut now that these cards are on their way.

News Comments > PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Ban Change Plans
13. Re: Embarassing... Jul 29, 2017, 14:33 Drayth

I was gravitating towards picking this game up, but this is a rule? Seriously..??  

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda DLC and Sequel in Doubt?
9. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda DLC and Sequel in Doubt? Jun 30, 2017, 21:48 Drayth

Too bad the gameplay was actually pretty fun, imo. A sequel which improved on Andromeda with better writing would have had potential.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc. Jun 30, 2017, 00:41 Drayth

I noticed a discussion about 'Where is Star Marine?' in the comment section. Then noted that article is from a year ago, so things may have changed concerning the process. Just fyi...  

News Comments > Star Citizen Bank Loan Follow-up
77. Re: Star Citizen Bank Loan Follow-up Jun 27, 2017, 09:49 Drayth

Gah, I got sucked into this comment section without realizing I hadn't read the article (until now). Guess I was just thinking the original article from the other day was this one.

Pardon my epic derp.

75. Re: Star Citizen Bank Loan Follow-up Jun 27, 2017, 09:07 Drayth

Blue wrote on Jun 27, 2017, 07:58:
Drayth wrote on Jun 27, 2017, 06:50:
CIG Lawyer's Response

?

...hmm?

71. Re: Star Citizen Bank Loan Follow-up Jun 27, 2017, 06:50 Drayth

CIG Lawyer's Response  

1087 Comments. 55 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo