Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Russ Whiteman

Real Name Russ Whiteman   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Stormsinger
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 13, 2007, 01:11
Total Comments 450 (Amateur)
User ID 34954

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Oct 12, 2018, 19:05 Stormsinger

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 12, 2018, 18:39:
Charging Amazon or UPS/Fedex more would help, but as always, the real problem for the USPS financially is their utterly insane retirement fund requirements. Unlike any other entity on the planet, they are required by federal law to have, in liquid savings, the FULL POTENTIAL BENEFITS for their entire plan.

No other organization on the planet has that requirement, as far as I know. Sure, the USPS can charge more, but get Congress to stop trying to put them out of business with that retirement pre-funding bullshit first.

Read here.

Surprisingly, most people don't know about that, and assume the USPS is utterly financially incompetent or something.

Yep, most people just take it for granted that the stabbing victim (the USPS) somehow stuck that knife in their own back, rather than the obvious conclusion that someone else was trying to kill them. But it has been reported quite extensively, if you're paying attention to anything other than Fox News, Glen Beck, or Breitbart. At this point, those who still think the problems of the post office were of their own making, probably aren't capable of rational thought.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
14. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Oct 12, 2018, 18:29 Stormsinger

Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 11, 2018, 18:58:
Stormsinger wrote on Oct 11, 2018, 18:32:
There hasn't been a military action in my lifetime (about 60 years now) that was about the security of anything but the MIC's finances. Trying to claim that it serves a valid defensive purpose is like trying to claim that nukes are a valid demolition tool.
I was in the USAF when the first US/Iraq war started. Even then I thought unless there was something the public didn't know, it was likely unnecessary. While I think the US might have over-reacted to 9/11 (it is debatable, IMHO), I don't really fault anyone for that. That said, the MIC was doing just fine even after decades of idleness. Reagan gave them a nice boost in the 80s. So, to say it was simply about the MIC is oversimplifying.
I've seen no evidence whatsoever that greed will ever say "I'm doing just fine." There are no limits on the aspirations of greed.

I'd be willing to agree that the reaction to 9/11 might have been arguable, except for the fact that we put far more effort into attacking Iraq for fictitious reasons than we put into finding those actually involved.

News Comments > Starship Corporation: Cruise Ships Released
3. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Oct 11, 2018, 19:18 Stormsinger

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 10, 2018, 23:07:
Cutter wrote on Oct 10, 2018, 21:46:
So you can't tour these luxury ships nor enjoy cruising around on them through beautiful areas of space? And the point of this game then is?

It's in the name, to build them obviously It's kinda like lego only with rules, and much more boring. I kickstarted the game and was not really convinced of the thing on release, but whatever.
If you want to be nitpicky, it's -not- in the name. Bus companies operate buses, they don't build them. They should have called it Starship Construction Corporation, if they wanted to be clear.

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 CitizenCon Trailer
51. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Oct 11, 2018, 19:05 Stormsinger

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 11, 2018, 16:35:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 11, 2018, 16:31:
As usual the visual and audio quality is amazballs.. but yeah, WHEN?
When it's done.
duh
So...never, eh? Why would it ever be done, when that ends the gravy train for all of them, Hamill included. Honestly, he just comes off sounding like any other whore.

11. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Oct 11, 2018, 18:32 Stormsinger

jdreyer wrote on Oct 11, 2018, 15:58:
NKD wrote on Oct 11, 2018, 08:23:
If the US military budget was about security, it would only cover our nuclear stockpile and delivery systems. The rest of our military is for wars of aggression and interventionist bullshit. The big "End the world" button is the only contribution the military makes to security. The rest is handled by the intelligence agencies.

That's like saying, " Our justice system has capital punishment, so we don't need any other kinds of punishment. Other punishments are repression bullshit." I'll agree that in recent decades, the military has been misused, but it serves a valid defensive purpose. If the Russians use irregular greenshirts to try and overthrow the Lithuanian government and annex it, you can't resort to nukes for that situation. Ditto for the 9/11 response in Afghanistan. We can discuss whether they were used properly, but you could only respond to that situation with conventional forces.
There hasn't been a military action in my lifetime (about 60 years now) that was about the security of anything but the MIC's finances. Trying to claim that it serves a valid defensive purpose is like trying to claim that nukes are a valid demolition tool.

8. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Oct 10, 2018, 19:14 Stormsinger

So...just who is this person who thinks that the military budget has -anything- to do with security? The only reason for that bloated budget is to continue to funnel more money to the plutocrats. Anything outside that goal is nothing but meaningless theater.  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Sep 25, 2018, 18:51 Stormsinger

No. After four million such "passwords are dead" articles, can we finally use a headline like this to bypass the article altogether? You'd be hard put to find a less secure option than a phone.

I'm not going to be opening any such headlines in the future. It's just more clickbait, passwords are going to be around long after the article has been sent to the dustbin.

News Comments > League of Legends PvE Event Wednesday
6. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Sep 11, 2018, 18:31 Stormsinger

Yifes wrote on Sep 11, 2018, 10:08:
Stormsinger wrote on Sep 10, 2018, 19:52:
Oh boy, a PvE event in one of the most toxic communities I've ever seen. This is just -bound- to be a good time...

There's been several PVE events previously and they have next to no toxicity. It's teammates doing poorly in PVP that fuels toxicity in games like this.

Right...because no other type of game ever has teammates doing poorly, in PvP or otherwise. I think it far more likely that there's something about MOBA games that attracts the type of people who take joy in being obnoxious. Each of the four or five MOBA games I've tried have been full of people I wouldn't spend time with even for money.

News Comments > League of Legends PvE Event Wednesday
1. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Sep 10, 2018, 19:52 Stormsinger

Oh boy, a PvE event in one of the most toxic communities I've ever seen. This is just -bound- to be a good time...  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Aug 27, 2018, 18:56 Stormsinger

You know...for a guy who is apparently convinced that he's always the smartest guy in the room, Musk sure seems to make a lot of moves more appropriate to idiots than geniuses.  

17. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Aug 7, 2018, 23:03 Stormsinger

NKD wrote on Aug 7, 2018, 22:06:
People have to remember that the Republicans have been smearing the Clintons for DECADES. Even many of us wise to their little plan can't help but feel a little bit disgusted when we hear the name Clinton, even if we have no real rational reason.

The reality of Hillary Clinton as a boring centrist with no new ideas is just too much for them to contemplate.

The first 9 words of your last sentence are a completely rational reason to feel disgusted with Clinton. "Centrist" is a term that is truly just another piece of propaganda. The so-called centrists are almost completely working for big moneyed interests...be they the pharmaceutical industry, the big banks, or just the billionaire's club.

The very last thing this country needs is more power for the ultra-wealthy, slanting things further in their favor virtually guarantees literal rivers of blood. In this sense, Clinton -was- Trump...with a greater amount of subtlety and competence.

13. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Aug 6, 2018, 22:18 Stormsinger

Quboid wrote on Aug 6, 2018, 20:22:
Stormsinger wrote on Aug 6, 2018, 20:09:
Sure, Hillary killed hundreds of millions...in your bizarro world. Personally, I can't stand her...but she, unlike Jones, has done both good and bad deeds. Jones simply has no redeeming qualities, he inflicts pain and suffering on others, solely for personal gain.

He said thousands, not millions, but still, bizarro world. It's amazing the rubbish these people have to come up with about a mediocre career politician to justify their own failings.

It's thousands today, tomorrow or next week, they'll be claiming millions. I just cut to the chase for him.

11. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Aug 6, 2018, 20:09 Stormsinger

Muscular Beaver wrote on Aug 6, 2018, 19:56:
Stormsinger wrote on Aug 6, 2018, 18:48:
Jones should be buried. I could not care less about protecting his dishonest vindictive form of speech.

Honestly, if someone smokes the prick, I'll raise a glass to 'em.
Nice. If you think like that about Alex Jones, I dont want to know what you think about people like Barack Obama or Hillary Clinton, who actually killed hundreds of thousands of people. You must hate them like they raped your daughter.

Sure, Hillary killed hundreds of millions...in your bizarro world. Personally, I can't stand her...but she, unlike Jones, has done both good and bad deeds. Jones simply has no redeeming qualities, he inflicts pain and suffering on others, solely for personal gain.

In this, he's like most of the wingnut radio crowd. Not a one of them has ever demonstrated any decency...just hatemongering and hypocrisy.

The world gets a little bit better when each of them leaves. I see no reason to pretend otherwise.

8. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Aug 6, 2018, 18:48 Stormsinger

Jones should be buried. I could not care less about protecting his dishonest vindictive form of speech.

Honestly, if someone smokes the prick, I'll raise a glass to 'em.

News Comments > Star Citizen Refund Refusals
52. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Jul 15, 2018, 23:50 Stormsinger

Kxmode wrote on Jul 15, 2018, 23:14:
wrlwnd wrote on Jul 15, 2018, 23:03:
Seeing as how the backers of this "project" are some of the dumbest tools to ever walk the face of the Earth, I won't shed a tear if they don't get a dime back.

So many gullible idiots.

"What is the most resilient parasite? Bacteria? A virus? An intestinal worm? An idea. Resilient... highly contagious. Once an idea has taken hold of the brain, it's almost impossible to eradicate."

Star Citizen is an idea, and for millions now something they are willing to invest money in. You call them "gullible idiots." So I ask you, have you ever given money to an idea that later turned out to be a foolish decision? The question is rhetorical. In other words, something to think about before you cast aspersions on others.
I know I've made the occasional poor choice...but I wasn't still defending it years after it was clearly demonstrated to be one. But it seems most of these backers are still claiming it's going to come out, going to be great, and Robert's is honest...that's what makes them gullible and/or idiots.

News Comments > Star Citizen Refund Refusals
51. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Jul 15, 2018, 23:45 Stormsinger

Cutter wrote on Jul 15, 2018, 22:17:
NKD wrote on Jul 15, 2018, 16:13:
loomy wrote on Jul 15, 2018, 15:52:
this is so stupid. you mean I can't take these nuts back to the gas station?

No but you can put these nuts in your mouth.

edaciousx wrote on Jul 15, 2018, 15:44:
you just want to blame conservatives for anything and everything, even if it literally has nothing to do with philosophical thought. I could probably say "typical libtard" but I hold myself to higher standards than you do apparently.

Don't worry, Cutter doesn't actually have any philosophy beyond "Whatever sounds good to me at the moment." Next week you'll see posts from him that have him coming off like an anarchocapitalist douchebag, then the week after that, a communist.

You can't figure me out? Seriously? It's so easy. I'm normal. Painfully so. Like most people on this planet, I'm a centrist who leans left and right on varying political issues. That means things like I'm pro gun control, but I still believe people have a right to arm and defend themselves within reason. I'm pro-choice, but I'm also pro death-penalty, but anti-war/anti-military. Basically all things fall under the codicil of "within reason". Problem is most people, including yourselves, don't understand what that really means. You don't seem to grasp the concept of compromise. No one likes it, but smart people understand it's necessary in this world.

Ultimately I look for balance and fairness in all things. That does not mean, however, you're entitled to a life free from negativity or consequence from your actions. Something the snowflakes like you simply fail to grasp. Sticks and stones is something you kids need to learn. So yeah, people have a right to make money, I just believe, again like most normal people, that the rich should pay their fair share as well - which they don't, not even fucking close. So that doesn't make me a capitalist or commie stooge, it makes me normal.

I've always been a dyed in the wool social-democrat and stipulated to that many, many times. So no, my philosophy has always been carved in stone and written in blood. And doesn't change with the tides at all.
That's completely obvious to anyone here with half a brain. So what does that say about you? That you only have half a brain or you really don't know me at all? Either way, you're entirely unqualified to comment in that respect.

In this context you have a flim-flam man who's fleeced people for $190 million dollars and has virtually nothing to show for it after 5+ years. For any judge to side with that he has to be a dyed in the wool Republican. There's simply no other conclusion an intelligent person can draw. Court circuits and various states in the US are notorious for how they either lean for plaintiff or defendant, conservative or liberal. Law is entirely predicated on what's considered reasonable. So the pair of you very clearly don't understand that either. Retry this in 100 different courts and he'd win half the time and lose the other half. It has very little to do with the actual merits of the case. Courts of law are horribly unfair and imbalanced, but they are, unfortunately, the best thing we've got. And at least your odds are 50/50 on the whole.

Time to grow up, Tinkerbell. Clapping because you believe in fairies doesn't make them real. Reality, kid. Take a big whiff.

The biggest failure is that you've bought into the Republican claim that they're conservatives. They're not...they're straight corporatists who -use- the low-info conservative crowd for votes. They haven't actually been conservative for longer than my adult lifetime (nearly 40 years).

News Comments > New Steam Sales Estimate Method Shut Down
3. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Jul 6, 2018, 19:11 Stormsinger

I'm still trying to wrap my head around this obsession with game sales volume. As far as I can see, nobody but the distributor, publisher, and developer involved has any reason to give a rat's ass.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Jun 20, 2018, 18:42 Stormsinger

If, and that's a big if, lots of C-level banking execs are pushing to migrate to blockchains, it means two things...they've once again been sold a bill of goods on the latest fad, and we're looking at the next bubble.

Blockchain is like physics cards, a solution in search of an actual problem to solve.

News Comments > Former CEO Sues Telltale
1. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Jun 15, 2018, 18:46 Stormsinger

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but that sounds like he's suing because they didn't give him enough info to commit insider trading.  

News Comments > Get Layers of Fear for Free
4. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Jun 14, 2018, 18:43 Stormsinger

This game sounded much more interesting when I misread the name and thought it was Lawyers of Fear.  

450 Comments. 23 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo