Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Russ Whiteman

Real Name Russ Whiteman   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Stormsinger
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 13, 2007, 01:11
Total Comments 440 (Amateur)
User ID 34954

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
17. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Aug 7, 2018, 23:03 Stormsinger

NKD wrote on Aug 7, 2018, 22:06:
People have to remember that the Republicans have been smearing the Clintons for DECADES. Even many of us wise to their little plan can't help but feel a little bit disgusted when we hear the name Clinton, even if we have no real rational reason.

The reality of Hillary Clinton as a boring centrist with no new ideas is just too much for them to contemplate.

The first 9 words of your last sentence are a completely rational reason to feel disgusted with Clinton. "Centrist" is a term that is truly just another piece of propaganda. The so-called centrists are almost completely working for big moneyed interests...be they the pharmaceutical industry, the big banks, or just the billionaire's club.

The very last thing this country needs is more power for the ultra-wealthy, slanting things further in their favor virtually guarantees literal rivers of blood. In this sense, Clinton -was- Trump...with a greater amount of subtlety and competence.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Aug 6, 2018, 22:18 Stormsinger

Quboid wrote on Aug 6, 2018, 20:22:
Stormsinger wrote on Aug 6, 2018, 20:09:
Sure, Hillary killed hundreds of millions...in your bizarro world. Personally, I can't stand her...but she, unlike Jones, has done both good and bad deeds. Jones simply has no redeeming qualities, he inflicts pain and suffering on others, solely for personal gain.

He said thousands, not millions, but still, bizarro world. It's amazing the rubbish these people have to come up with about a mediocre career politician to justify their own failings.

It's thousands today, tomorrow or next week, they'll be claiming millions. I just cut to the chase for him.

11. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Aug 6, 2018, 20:09 Stormsinger

Muscular Beaver wrote on Aug 6, 2018, 19:56:
Stormsinger wrote on Aug 6, 2018, 18:48:
Jones should be buried. I could not care less about protecting his dishonest vindictive form of speech.

Honestly, if someone smokes the prick, I'll raise a glass to 'em.
Nice. If you think like that about Alex Jones, I dont want to know what you think about people like Barack Obama or Hillary Clinton, who actually killed hundreds of thousands of people. You must hate them like they raped your daughter.

Sure, Hillary killed hundreds of millions...in your bizarro world. Personally, I can't stand her...but she, unlike Jones, has done both good and bad deeds. Jones simply has no redeeming qualities, he inflicts pain and suffering on others, solely for personal gain.

In this, he's like most of the wingnut radio crowd. Not a one of them has ever demonstrated any decency...just hatemongering and hypocrisy.

The world gets a little bit better when each of them leaves. I see no reason to pretend otherwise.

8. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Aug 6, 2018, 18:48 Stormsinger

Jones should be buried. I could not care less about protecting his dishonest vindictive form of speech.

Honestly, if someone smokes the prick, I'll raise a glass to 'em.

News Comments > Star Citizen Refund Refusals
52. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Jul 15, 2018, 23:50 Stormsinger

Kxmode wrote on Jul 15, 2018, 23:14:
wrlwnd wrote on Jul 15, 2018, 23:03:
Seeing as how the backers of this "project" are some of the dumbest tools to ever walk the face of the Earth, I won't shed a tear if they don't get a dime back.

So many gullible idiots.

"What is the most resilient parasite? Bacteria? A virus? An intestinal worm? An idea. Resilient... highly contagious. Once an idea has taken hold of the brain, it's almost impossible to eradicate."

Star Citizen is an idea, and for millions now something they are willing to invest money in. You call them "gullible idiots." So I ask you, have you ever given money to an idea that later turned out to be a foolish decision? The question is rhetorical. In other words, something to think about before you cast aspersions on others.
I know I've made the occasional poor choice...but I wasn't still defending it years after it was clearly demonstrated to be one. But it seems most of these backers are still claiming it's going to come out, going to be great, and Robert's is honest...that's what makes them gullible and/or idiots.

News Comments > Star Citizen Refund Refusals
51. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Jul 15, 2018, 23:45 Stormsinger

Cutter wrote on Jul 15, 2018, 22:17:
NKD wrote on Jul 15, 2018, 16:13:
loomy wrote on Jul 15, 2018, 15:52:
this is so stupid. you mean I can't take these nuts back to the gas station?

No but you can put these nuts in your mouth.

edaciousx wrote on Jul 15, 2018, 15:44:
you just want to blame conservatives for anything and everything, even if it literally has nothing to do with philosophical thought. I could probably say "typical libtard" but I hold myself to higher standards than you do apparently.

Don't worry, Cutter doesn't actually have any philosophy beyond "Whatever sounds good to me at the moment." Next week you'll see posts from him that have him coming off like an anarchocapitalist douchebag, then the week after that, a communist.

You can't figure me out? Seriously? It's so easy. I'm normal. Painfully so. Like most people on this planet, I'm a centrist who leans left and right on varying political issues. That means things like I'm pro gun control, but I still believe people have a right to arm and defend themselves within reason. I'm pro-choice, but I'm also pro death-penalty, but anti-war/anti-military. Basically all things fall under the codicil of "within reason". Problem is most people, including yourselves, don't understand what that really means. You don't seem to grasp the concept of compromise. No one likes it, but smart people understand it's necessary in this world.

Ultimately I look for balance and fairness in all things. That does not mean, however, you're entitled to a life free from negativity or consequence from your actions. Something the snowflakes like you simply fail to grasp. Sticks and stones is something you kids need to learn. So yeah, people have a right to make money, I just believe, again like most normal people, that the rich should pay their fair share as well - which they don't, not even fucking close. So that doesn't make me a capitalist or commie stooge, it makes me normal.

I've always been a dyed in the wool social-democrat and stipulated to that many, many times. So no, my philosophy has always been carved in stone and written in blood. And doesn't change with the tides at all.
That's completely obvious to anyone here with half a brain. So what does that say about you? That you only have half a brain or you really don't know me at all? Either way, you're entirely unqualified to comment in that respect.

In this context you have a flim-flam man who's fleeced people for $190 million dollars and has virtually nothing to show for it after 5+ years. For any judge to side with that he has to be a dyed in the wool Republican. There's simply no other conclusion an intelligent person can draw. Court circuits and various states in the US are notorious for how they either lean for plaintiff or defendant, conservative or liberal. Law is entirely predicated on what's considered reasonable. So the pair of you very clearly don't understand that either. Retry this in 100 different courts and he'd win half the time and lose the other half. It has very little to do with the actual merits of the case. Courts of law are horribly unfair and imbalanced, but they are, unfortunately, the best thing we've got. And at least your odds are 50/50 on the whole.

Time to grow up, Tinkerbell. Clapping because you believe in fairies doesn't make them real. Reality, kid. Take a big whiff.

The biggest failure is that you've bought into the Republican claim that they're conservatives. They're not...they're straight corporatists who -use- the low-info conservative crowd for votes. They haven't actually been conservative for longer than my adult lifetime (nearly 40 years).

News Comments > New Steam Sales Estimate Method Shut Down
3. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Jul 6, 2018, 19:11 Stormsinger

I'm still trying to wrap my head around this obsession with game sales volume. As far as I can see, nobody but the distributor, publisher, and developer involved has any reason to give a rat's ass.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Jun 20, 2018, 18:42 Stormsinger

If, and that's a big if, lots of C-level banking execs are pushing to migrate to blockchains, it means two things...they've once again been sold a bill of goods on the latest fad, and we're looking at the next bubble.

Blockchain is like physics cards, a solution in search of an actual problem to solve.

News Comments > Former CEO Sues Telltale
1. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Jun 15, 2018, 18:46 Stormsinger

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but that sounds like he's suing because they didn't give him enough info to commit insider trading.  

News Comments > Get Layers of Fear for Free
4. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Jun 14, 2018, 18:43 Stormsinger

This game sounded much more interesting when I misread the name and thought it was Lawyers of Fear.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Jun 7, 2018, 19:27 Stormsinger

Beamer wrote on Jun 7, 2018, 15:49:
Nullity wrote on Jun 7, 2018, 15:19:
Oh they've definitely improved over the evil monster they used to be. I think most people recognize that. But the software/developer industry has a long memory, and it's hard to look past previous issues. I mean, if I remember correctly, I think Steve Ballmer literally said, "Linux is a cancer". Sure, that was awhile ago now, but it shouldn't be hard to understand why people are still wary of MS.

Though through your own admission, it's all totally at the whims of their shareholders and who is in charge. They could go right back to being Satan's IT department at any time. And sure, that logic applies to any company, but it's harder to trust someone who's already abused you.

They could, but for the time being, they're not. Lots of things could happen. Cavs fans thought LeBron James was the devil for a long time. Now, they love him. Sure, he could go back to being the devil in the offseason, but does that mean they shouldn't cheer for him now?

Microsoft is so committed to Linux it actually released a Linux OS. It realizes Linux is part of its future, and has jumped in. Satya is reshaping the entire company and moving away from how the old guard thought. No one thinks Ballmer was successful. No one is following his lead. Half of Satya's first year was dismantling the stupid crap Ballmer did.
I'll consider trusting them when they've been a decent (not even good) corporate citizen for half as long as they were fucking evil. So...say, another 12 years or so.

Or has everyone already forgotten that it was only a bit over a year ago that they were using intentionally misleading changes to trick people into installing Win 10?

News Comments > Get Fortified for Free
2. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Jun 6, 2018, 19:11 Stormsinger

A gig and a half for a tower defense seems a bit excessive, but for free I'll give it a try.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs May 16, 2018, 17:04 Stormsinger

I really don't see what this "blockchain phone" is supposed to accomplish. WTF does blockchain have to do with anything related to phones in -any- way?  

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs May 6, 2018, 15:33 Stormsinger

KS wrote on May 6, 2018, 14:34:
I quit when I was in some 0.0 space with some battleships, and some guild mates logged out then back in as enemy faction and ganked me.

I had vowed way back in Ultima Online I would not subscribe to a game that served up some players as chew toys to gankers.

This isn't the same thing as the rough and tumble of honest pvp or even finding yourself vastly outgunned or outnumbered.
Yep...CCP made it clear years ago that their target market is griefers. It's a shame, really...I actually rather enjoyed the game except for that huge glaring problem.

News Comments > NVIDIA Cancels GeForce Partner Program
11. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs May 5, 2018, 01:58 Stormsinger

El Pit wrote on May 5, 2018, 01:43:
Of course they cancelled it. They have nothing to fear - there simply is no competition in the GPU market. AMD has released a great CPU with the Ryzen but their GPUs are overheating and underperforming at the same time. So why should nvidia not just cancel GPP instead of "fighting for it". They rule nevertheless.
By that logic, they never needed it in the first place.

Anyone with a couple of functioning brain cells could predict that word of such slimy tactics -would- eventually get out and raise questions (and possibly official investigations as well). So either nVidia's legal team was utterly braindead, or you may be missing something when you say they had nothing to gain from implementing those anti-competitive contracts.

News Comments > MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries Destruction Trailer
16. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Apr 18, 2018, 18:43 Stormsinger

As long as there are squishies on the battlefield, I'll probably go for it. Kesmai dangled that bait long enough that I have to admit it's one that totally hooks me.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Apr 12, 2018, 22:02 Stormsinger

Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 12, 2018, 21:11:
Stormsinger wrote on Apr 12, 2018, 20:53:
Weird, nought was a commonly used word in my family growing up. I assumed it was, at least, not uncommon elsewhere. It's strange how small the "region" must be to generate local dialects.
Really? How old are you and where did you grow up? Outside the US? I'm in my mid 50s and lived in several different places in my youth (military brat) and I'm reasonably certain I never heard "nought" until I was an adult.
My immediate family was in Kansas City, my mother's family (where we "inherited" the term) was from the panhandle of Nebraska. But they'd traveled over much of the midwest in their time. I'm not really sure of the details, but I believe it was mostly due to some phrases my great uncle used to use, "All I get is noughts and ones" and the like. I know he was well educated, both academically and self-taught, so there's no telling where -he- picked it up.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Apr 12, 2018, 20:53 Stormsinger

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 12, 2018, 20:28:
Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 12, 2018, 20:02:
Pretty sure he was commenting on the tenth digit being "ou" instead of zero. Which I agree was weird. Even odder is this could be potentially confusing since initially phone number included letters. So you would have thought they would have been careful to differentiate the two...

That makes a lot more sense

And it's not just confusing, the word it relates to, "nought" hadn't be used commonly for "zero" for nearly 900 years when this film was made.

I wonder if that is even correct english. Because in the context here it's CLEARLY not "nought", it's a zero, a part of the numeric dial system, not the absence of something or anything.

Ps.: Yes, I googled the word history back to the original source of Old English and Arab numbers. Interesting read.
Weird, nought was a commonly used word in my family growing up. I assumed it was, at least, not uncommon elsewhere. It's strange how small the "region" must be to generate local dialects.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Apr 4, 2018, 00:39 Stormsinger

Blockchain...still a solution in search of a problem.  

News Comments > Uwe Boll's Rampage
6. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Mar 31, 2018, 00:05 Stormsinger

I'm sure the half-dozen fans of Boll's films won't be at all confused.  

440 Comments. 22 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo