Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Hoop

Real Name Hoop   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Hoop
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 20, 2007, 05:23
Total Comments 1530 (Pro)
User ID 34289

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Why Call of Duty Reenlisted in WWII
9. Re: Why Call of Duty Reenlisted in WWII Nov 9, 2017, 14:24 Hoop

DangerDog wrote on Nov 9, 2017, 12:35:
Let's shoot Germans again, they won't mind.

They shot first!

Um .. Behind you...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2017, 14:10 Hoop

So they "filled" Ba-dum *pish* your original appointment, tell me you re-booked for tooth-hurty.  

Um .. Behind you...

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Nov 8, 2017, 21:51 Hoop

marbleous  

Um .. Behind you...

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII Assaults U.K. Sales Charts
3. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Assaults U.K. Sales Charts Nov 6, 2017, 21:03 Hoop

It's by no means perfect but there's some good moments in there.
Yes the vehicle rides are comically console but so were the singleplayer thirdperson only plane controls in Battlefield 1.
In case anyone missed it this title is not claiming to be a simulator.

Um .. Behind you...

6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 5, 2017, 15:32 Hoop

We attended the annual Guy Fawkes fireworks display https://goo.gl/whzTLj launched from a pier along a local beach last night. Half the city makes the trek zombie like in the gloom, compelled to congregate. It was Star wars themed accompanied by the appropriate music, the strong winds of the day had dropped away making for a good show. As everyone turned to leave a spot on the horizon lit up & the perigee Moon rising kicked off. A five mile line of beach zombies lifted their arms to click away on cell phones, if only the sound track from dawn of the dead was on hand.

This comment was edited on Nov 5, 2017, 17:35.

Um .. Behind you...

18. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 3, 2017, 15:34 Hoop

Verno

Green man gaming 10% off
https://goo.gl/ExzFcN

Um .. Behind you...

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII Released
8. Re: Here I come! Nov 3, 2017, 14:44 Hoop

Shataan wrote on Nov 3, 2017, 14:31:
Gotta say visually AND animationswise, the final release craps on the beta. Just sayin`. For me the beta sucked ball.

Never played the beta but COD WW2 is a solid 8.5 out of 10.
A welcome addition to what has been a purple patch for FPS gamers interested in WW1 WW2.

This comment was edited on Nov 3, 2017, 15:19.

Um .. Behind you...

5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 3, 2017, 14:07 Hoop

THE OZONE HOLE IS SHRINKING! THE OZONE HOLE IS SHRINKING!
THE O....wait.

Grave diggers front wheelie.
I could do that, but I'm gonna need to be really drunk & chased by the cops.

This comment was edited on Nov 3, 2017, 14:50.

Um .. Behind you...

8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 2, 2017, 13:33 Hoop

Quick campaign first impressions on COD WW2 for those that care

The intros, cut scenes & story are very well done.
The in game animations not so much, typical COD everyone just drops too fast on being hit etc.
I like to turn in game music off but it looks as if thats not an option thankfully it's sparingly used.
I like the health regen, it's authentic & keeps you in the moment.
The hit indicator is horrendous, unsubtle & embarassing, thankfully so far with shit going down theres no time to really focus on it too much. (why would they not give you the option to turn it off?)
Sound effects are pretty good, graphics all turned up max 1920 1080 it looks pretty.
Amazingly with how linear the game is retrying a scenario things can & do play out a little differently, not much but enough to make you go... cool.
You can between chapters change difficulty & even step down mid chapter if struggling. (props)
I have this installed on my HD not ssd & Load times are amazingly fast, also things save on exit.(big props to them)
Update
The flamethrower is amazing

This comment was edited on Nov 3, 2017, 03:46.

Um .. Behind you...

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 2, 2017, 11:16 Hoop

We'll give the author a Mulligan for calling the dog Milligan at one point in that article.
Call of Duty WW2 has just fully loaded here so I'm going in!

Um .. Behind you...

1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 2, 2017, 10:57 Hoop

Good dawg
Happy birthday
I hope you got a pooch chariot GM.
https://goo.gl/Xv6uT2

Um .. Behind you...

News Comments > Op Ed
11. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 2, 2017, 01:32 Hoop

Blackhawk wrote on Nov 2, 2017, 00:33:
Gaming is a hobby. People lose track of that one fact. A hobby needs to be something that engages you, entertains you, and that you have fun with.

Different people have different things that trigger those things. Some may find it through overcoming challenge. Some don't care about challenge, but game for the experience of being somebody else that they could never be in real life. For them, too high of a challenge can actually detract from their real motivation when the only way to advance is the let go of the theme and analyze the underlying mechanics. Some people gain their enjoyment from progress, some from achievement, some from proving themselves to peers.

And for every person entertained by one of those things, there is someone who finds it tedious and unfun.

Agreed different strokes & all
Have to say my gaming tastes have had periods of change over the years.
Eight - Five years ago my brain could'nt get enough of puzzle solving in particular portal 1 & 2, played a ton of community maps.
At the turn of the millennium I was more interested in AI advances & open world sand box, played a crap ton of Operation Flashpoint.
Always about the FPS though.

This comment was edited on Nov 2, 2017, 01:45.

Um .. Behind you...

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Nov 1, 2017, 18:26 Hoop

Good article, I like when he delved into suspension of disbelief.
Getting older I can't do marathon sessions anymore, responiblities etc. Lately however I could if I wanted to but really can't bring myself to sit there & try & stay engaged. I find it more enjoyable to chip away at a range of games taking my time, usually at night darkness offering a more emmersive experience. I spend as much time in awe of the lens flare, attention to detail & real time shadows as driving the story on. The first thing I usually mutter on removing my headphones? .... "fuck".

This comment was edited on Nov 1, 2017, 19:15.

Um .. Behind you...

13. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 1, 2017, 17:54 Hoop

That's a good photo of your dawg, his ears just look like he's grown his hair out. Well loved pets have that look "Yeah you better believe I call the shots around here"  

Um .. Behind you...

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Oct 31, 2017, 18:09 Hoop

Well we are talking about Kansas & I'm sure a lot of cousin's were involved.

Teacher interview probably
Let's prepare these students thoroughly so as they have a good grasp on life, have them roll their sleeves up & see things through to a full & satisfying conclusion.
Why some of these girls approched me afterwards complaining of sore wrists but happy in the knowledge they pulled off any job handed to them.

Um .. Behind you...

19. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 31, 2017, 15:00 Hoop

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Oct 31, 2017, 12:32:
It's getting pretty weird, could totally see this as a couple crazies looking for their fifteen minutes of fame and profit type of affair.
You would think they would have planned their story better..

"Experts say some of the details of the women’s story do not add up."
Oh hell yes they do, they add up to as was mentioned book deals, radio & television interviews, personal pr people & hug's with Oprah.
As a man just don't bring up the facts as this nut show goes on tour.

Um .. Behind you...

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII Carentan Trailer
9. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Carentan Trailer Oct 31, 2017, 14:15 Hoop

SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 31, 2017, 07:58:
I am not sure if you made this comment based on the video in this article but if you did while I was watching it I couldn't help but think that it was not raw gameplay footage but doctored in some way. It just doesn't look real. Something is being off and I can't put my finger on exactly what. Maybe the movement or the graphics a little too polished compared to the actual game (beta)
Anywho, I am glad to see some of you are excited for this game. I've been thinking of picking it up because I do enjoy some good old fashioned run and gun action every now and than without having to rely on your team mates or squad mates or whatever.
CoD is still the best for that type of gameplay imho.

No you are right I accept in the case of this trailer it has been fluffed up a little. I was kind of meaning games trying to achieve some sort of realism & how far things have come in general.
Those moments in game where with settings turned up to ultra & how things play out the uncanny valley is touched on.
As I said being an old gamer it never gets old, how far things have come just blow's me away.
I don't think it's something I will take for granted.

Um .. Behind you...

7. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Carentan Trailer Oct 31, 2017, 04:29 Hoop

In the 90's we sat around & someone would always say look at that rendered cutscene or movie Intro to a game
"One day games will look like that in game" One day it will be close to being dopped in a movie & you are the actor. We thought it was twenty five years off but that became a thing with what Call of duty 4? and AAA games around 2008 onwards. Shit even Doom 2005 was nearly there. (Been revisiting Doom 05 with the BFG edition while working my way through Doom 16)
Those conversations are at the forefront of my mind when experiencing the raw rendering power of todays gpus, it totally blows me away, along with the sound advances.
I think back to those cutscenes & Intros we drooled over back in the day & they are simply terrible in comparison to the real time graphics & atmosphere that is now so common place in game.

This comment was edited on Oct 31, 2017, 05:12.

Um .. Behind you...

5. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Carentan Trailer Oct 31, 2017, 03:24 Hoop

bhcompy wrote on Oct 31, 2017, 03:04:
Considering all the random shit like flamethrowers, panzerfaust, air cover, etc, I wish this was on Frostbite so at least we'd get some destructible environments to go with all the carnage. It's really unfortunate that it's 2017 and Call of Duty has made no progress in 15 years on environment destruction.

As from the first trailer to this one the mg42 has the same sound effect as the American 50 cal machine gun & it annoys me. It's weird cause I'm usually not "that gun freak" guy. But shit how hard could it be when the carbine & most others seem pretty accurate, Brothers In Arms got the mg42 perfect.
But hey there will be some outstanding set pieces in there & I look forward to an updated return to storming the beach at Normandy, destructive environments or not.

This comment was edited on Oct 31, 2017, 06:56.

Um .. Behind you...

2. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Carentan Trailer Oct 31, 2017, 00:04 Hoop

Fu*k it, preloaded today.
After being out of the loop & with the machine to do it I'm going to enjoy at least one AAA title on it's release, besides I'm a sucker for ww1 ww2.
Still working through Battlefield 1 campaign, have been a bit surprised by some of it's arcadey feel, but it does have some beautiful moments. Thats all you can possibly hope for are those moments that coalesce & make you go wtf.
I will say Doom 16 singleplayer has been the closest thing to perfection I have ever played, very near the end & just don't want it to end. May post a fanboy rant when finished on just how superb a thing it is.
Shout out also to Battlefield 4, about a third through & the production values are just so polished. They shunt you through & your team mates are'nt all that effective but shit it's like being thrown into a viseral movie.

This comment was edited on Oct 31, 2017, 00:57.

Um .. Behind you...

1530 Comments. 77 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo