Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for S Westberg

Real Name S Westberg   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Flatline
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 15, 2007, 19:09
Total Comments 2736 (Senior)
User ID 34131

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Patches
1. Re: Morning Patches Nov 24, 2015, 12:27 Flatline

This was a surprisingly solid shooter. I kind of wish they had gone Left 4 Dead with it and allowed that kind of co-op experience. I kind of wish they had made a sequel. I could of played more of that.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
19. Re: Op Ed Nov 21, 2015, 13:30 Flatline

Kajetan wrote on Nov 21, 2015, 05:17:
Sometimes i wonder ... what do people on BluesNews NOT hate? Not that i have a special love for Kotaku, but blacklisting a media outlet is NOT a good thing. There is nothing to cheer about.

I'm trying to figure out how it's a bad thing. I thought it was more or less universally reviled that gaming press sites are basically sucking off devs and publishers for "inside access".

The only reason why I'm feeling schadenfreude right now is because Kotaku is acting like it's this pillar of journalistic integrity when it's really one of the sleaziest, scummiest, worst examples of internet press you can point to.

News Comments > Op Ed
18. Re: Op Ed Nov 21, 2015, 13:25 Flatline

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Nov 21, 2015, 04:29:
Flatline wrote on Nov 21, 2015, 00:05:

Someone needs to put them on prozac quick. Sounds like they're feeling suicidal.

Considering the amount of bad blood that kotaku has generated? It's sure not the dev's that have anything to worry about. Boogie going after kotaku All that's needed now is TB.

I meant Kotaku must have been feeling suicidal to publish that whiny article.

I know what happened. They said themselves that they were going after Ubi & Bethesda hard to try to "repair" things. I'm sure at some point they said "If you don't start working with us again we're going to publish a big expose that you're blacklisting us."

And of course Ubi & Beth was probably like "LOL Whatever keep ignoring them" and Kotaku made good on their threat. Either that or they hate having good relations with publishers and really wanted to burn bridges.

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Nov 21, 2015, 00:05 Flatline

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Nov 20, 2015, 21:40:
edit: Looks like developers from all over the place are coming out and saying "lulz, too bad for you kotaku." Couldn't happen to a nicer group of assholes.

So far, developers from WoW, R*, Ubisoft, are blasting them. Former devs from Irrational, WoW and Bioware are as well.

Someone needs to put them on prozac quick. Sounds like they're feeling suicidal.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
3. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Nov 20, 2015, 17:41 Flatline

nin wrote on Nov 19, 2015, 20:05:
Bubicus wrote on Nov 19, 2015, 19:54:
What an unfortunate name for the product. I long ago vowed to never purchase anything named Starforce.

I did do a double take there...

What an unfortunate price point.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Released
17. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Released Nov 17, 2015, 11:49 Flatline

pagb wrote on Nov 17, 2015, 11:44:
So much hate comments in every article here... You know hate leads to suffering, and then the Dark Side, right?

I don't think EA is hiring right now.

News Comments > Into the Black
8. Re: Into the Black Nov 13, 2015, 23:26 Flatline

Cutter wrote on Nov 13, 2015, 19:53:
And much like a condom, it's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Okay I'll bite. Condoms ownership doesn't increase the likelyhood of pregnancy by 450%.

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Into the Black Nov 13, 2015, 23:24 Flatline

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 13, 2015, 22:41:
How about we save the politics and bullshit for another day, and worry about the people who were injured, and the family/loved ones of those who have died first.

Fucking CNN: "There is no credible or specific threat in the United States" NO FUCKING SHIT, a Heavy Metal Concert in PARIS was attacked. A soccer/football game was attacked, why the fuck would it have anything to do with us?!?

A highly coordinated attack that occurred in 7 different places?

I could see there being some concern that if they could hit 7 places in the same night, they could hit NYC or London or Berlin.

News Comments > Game Reviews
26. Re: Game Reviews Nov 9, 2015, 14:19 Flatline

Creston wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 13:39:
And he ends with : or they can take the best stuff of Fallout and Skyrim's pedigree and slap even better plot and acting into it (Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, Dragon Age: Inquisition).

Well, there ya go. Dragon Age Inquisition is the height all games should aspire to.

To play Devil's Advocate for a moment, Inquisition had some great companion "missions" that were written pretty well. Same with ME3. For some reason the main writing team is weak and the side stories are wonderful.

Stopping for an evening and playing cards and drinking with your team in Inquisition was one of the high points of the game ironically. It was one of the more fun points of Witcher 3 (stopping and having a snowball fight with Ciri was great. Even if the snowball fight mechanics still sucked.)

So yeah, I wouldn't mind some of the story building from Inquisition. Just... not the main story.

News Comments > StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Launch Schedule
11. Re: StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Launch Schedule Nov 6, 2015, 17:50 Flatline

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 6, 2015, 12:02:

If you'd ask me what an actual good RTS is, I'd still say world in conflict.

Oh yeah World in Conflict was pretty good.

At it's time Company of Heroes was pretty badass too. De-emphasis on base building was a smart move. I had some pretty sweaty moments playing through that game and some of it's expansions.

SC2 was boring to me too. It was highly polished but I never actually ended up having *fun* playing it. Contrast that to say Red Alert 2 and I can still go back and play the shit out of that today.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 5, 2015, 12:04 Flatline

wtf_man wrote on Nov 5, 2015, 09:59:
Uninstalling the offending system packages with DISM (for making an install image) or Install_WIM_Tweak (For an OS already installed) is the only way to be sure.

Completely eradicate Telemetry Defender One-drive Cortana and other things

Ripley Effect - AKA "I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure."

I can totally see a scenario where MS frags your install for not having those modules active.

Actually I can totally see MS fragging your install if you don't receive a periodic update from the telemetry servers. We'll see if they decide to do that.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 2, 2015, 19:54 Flatline

I was really excited and really playing with the idea of getting a dev kit for Occulus Rift but holy fuckballs this is a long-ass drawn out POS dev cycle.

I have lost all interest in it. In the 3 years I've been waiting for it to come out I've moved on to other stuff.

News Comments > New Star Citizen Alpha
61. Re: New Star Citizen Alpha Oct 26, 2015, 11:15 Flatline

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Oct 26, 2015, 08:38:
CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 26, 2015, 05:37:
They already haven't. CIG have broken Kickstarter promises left, right and center and, yeah, there will be way more to come when you really sit down and compare the entire pitch/stretch goal list to whatever will be playable one day.
What are these promises that CIG has supposedly broken? I've been following since the original Kickstarter and am not aware of any. Delays don't count, as they were only estimates and it was stated from the beginning that delays were likely. In fact the game has expanded to such a degree that backers are getting substantially more than was originally promised.

Biggest one for me was promising a more WW2-style space sim control scheme and then from the first iteration it was this strange mess that we have now.

That was actually probably my original point of where I started to feel uneasy.

Other than that, yeah LTI and "limited edition" ships. There's a few other relatively minor things. But pitching the basic control scheme as one thing and then going in the totally opposite direction is pretty high on my list.

News Comments > New Star Citizen Alpha
51. Re: New Star Citizen Alpha Oct 25, 2015, 17:00 Flatline

jdreyer wrote on Oct 25, 2015, 13:23:
SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 25, 2015, 09:04:
I love it when people talk about ELite Dangerous not delivering because one thing they've promised was cut. Nevermind about everything else. Some of you guys need a serious reality check.
Or just quit this whole gaming as a hobby thing because it is clearly not for you. Try bingo or chess or some shit like that.

I tell you I'm going out to get a mushroom, pepper, and sausage pizza, and you give me $10. And I bring back a mushroom and pepper pizza with no sausage, you'd be fine with that? And if you complain, I can tell you I delivered everything else so shut your pizza piehole? And just quit this whole pizza-eating thing because it's not for you? Try a Hot Pocket or Pop Tart or some shit like that?

I wouldn't complain nearly a year later or whenever pizza was mentioned to be honest. That'd just make me an unreasonable prick.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
3. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Oct 24, 2015, 04:10 Flatline

Looks like Mook Mode from the old Opera mod for Half-Life. Which was a lot of fun but that was like 15 years ago.  

News Comments > Falcon Collection on GOG.com
10. Re: Falcon Collection on GOG.com Oct 24, 2015, 04:05 Flatline

Isn't Falcon 4.0 the game that had the 300 page flight manual that you could beat someone to death with?  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 23, 2015, 14:55 Flatline

I still have never met anyone, in person, in America, who thinks "You know what I want to do on a Saturday afternoon? *watch* someone play Starcraft! Or League of Legend!"

I know they obviously exist. But I'd rather watch golf than watch someone play a video game.

I guess I'm just old.

News Comments > Sword Coast Legends Launches
20. Re: Sword Coast Legends Launches Oct 20, 2015, 15:23 Flatline

harlock wrote on Oct 20, 2015, 11:38:
HorrorScope wrote on Oct 20, 2015, 11:15:
Being a mature gamer, I have zero problem starting at the point of not comparing it to anything and let it be what it is. Now if one doesn't it like it from there fine.

But NWN isn't in the name.

D&D is in the name, and it means something very, very specific. You can redefine anything to suit your own personal needs all day long. It doesnt make you "mature"... if anything it makes you "ignorant"... but anyways the thought of tooting your own horn on that does make you "laughable"

What you think of when you think D&D is not D&D any more. D&D is now a family of products centered around high fantasy now. It's not RPG. Yes, D&D at it's core is an RPG, but the name as a family of products is more lucrative than the idea of collaborative roleplaying.

News Comments > Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access
149. Re: Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access Oct 16, 2015, 12:05 Flatline

jdreyer wrote on Oct 15, 2015, 16:25:
AmericanWulf wrote on Oct 15, 2015, 08:24:
Quick question for those who think they spent too much on MoCap and actors if say they spent 10 million (a gross estimate I have nothing to base on) and should have only spent say 5 million on. What does another 5 million for a better feature of the game (better actors) do to hurt the over all project if by what I read from so called none believers that this game cant be made anyways? If say 5 mill more wouldn't be able to help finish the game because they need way more funds than what they have, what does it matter if they have better actors if that back of the box tick brings in more players/funds? What else could in your opinion could/should they have spent said 5 million?

I would rather have had that extra $5M be spent on developing 20 or 30 extra systems for the persistent universe than on name actors. Or extending the story another 20 or 30 missions. Or a bunch of extra ships and weapons. Or some extra gameplay mechanics. It's a GAME after all, not a movie.

That was one of the original kickstarter stretch goals. Back then the community was small enough that it probably wouldn't have taken much for people to say "dude just focus on the game" and had it have an impact.

Bitching about the name-recognizable talent actually tips over on my list of "probably not particularly fair" things to bitch about.

Now if it turns out he did spend 20 million on the cast, yeah sure get the tar & feathers. But we knew that hollywood actors were on the slate since like... Day 3.

News Comments > PAYDAY 2 Microtransactions
7. Re: PAYDAY 2 Microtransactions Oct 16, 2015, 12:01 Flatline

Whiskers wrote on Oct 16, 2015, 10:43:
I'm surprised it took them this long to institute this stupid practice. They've been releasing cash grab DLC for quite a while now.

Edit: I was never a fan of their unlocking method either. You'd buy weapon attachments and then have to unlock them through the random card selection at the end of the missions. It was way more enjoyable to install the GoonMod, which let you just buy the attachments you wanted.

ME neither.

Was there ever any mods that actually made your teammate AI a little smarter? I wasn't a big fan of playing the game online but playing it offline is damn near impossible due to how stupid the AI is.

2736 Comments. 137 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo