Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for S Westberg

Real Name S Westberg   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Flatline
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 15, 2007, 19:09
Total Comments 3244 (Veteran)
User ID 34131

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
5. Re: Op Ed Aug 30, 2018, 16:04 Flatline

Beamer wrote on Aug 30, 2018, 14:38:
LibertyOrDeath wrote on Aug 30, 2018, 14:23:
The same FBI who protected Clinton? If you still trust the leadership in the FBI you are part of the problem. Abuses of power like this is bad for everyone; to think otherwise is to be ignorant of the past. Liberals? Open your eyes; a big government that is corrupt is bad for everyone.

Which abuse of power? You have to be more specific, as you conspiracy types have given us at least a dozen in the past 18 months, without anyone offering even the slightest bit of evidence. The most recent one from earlier this week came from a Fake News site, as in, a site that actually makes things up rather than even just heavily spinning things.

While you're getting us that specific allegation, with sources, please also revisit this thread and explain to us what the hell you meant, because it appears you don't know what "communism" is, while bleating that you're the only one who does.

WTF Was that? I went and read that thread and found nothing even remotely political enough in the news stories to prompt an "Independent Thinker" rant.

Also I'm going to need the psycho to elaborate on which version of Communism he is referring to, Marxism, Marxism–Leninism, Stalinism, Trotskyism, Maoism, Dengism, Prachanda Path, Hoxhaism, Titoism, Eurocommunism, Luxemburgism, Council communism, or De Leonism when he talks about "Communism". Because honestly nobody got time to really study them *all*.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Op Ed Aug 30, 2018, 15:52 Flatline

LibertyOrDeath wrote on Aug 30, 2018, 14:23:
The same FBI who protected Clinton? If you still trust the leadership in the FBI you are part of the problem. Abuses of power like this is bad for everyone; to think otherwise is to be ignorant of the past. Liberals? Open your eyes; a big government that is corrupt is bad for everyone.

LOL You mean the same FBI who was so in the tank for Trump against Hillary that they called it Trumplandia?

Pepperidge Farm remembers!

http://thehill.com/regulation/304225-agent-fbi-is-trumplandia

News Comments > EA's Jacksonville Tribute
12. Re: EA's Jacksonville Tribute Aug 30, 2018, 15:48 Flatline

Beamer wrote on Aug 30, 2018, 15:35:
Cutter wrote on Aug 30, 2018, 15:33:
DangerDog wrote on Aug 30, 2018, 14:53:
1 million dollars

who's the lucky guy that gets his medical bill paid?

sorry EA, you're still going to get sued by people at the event, including ones that walked out without a scratch on them but are now psychologically damaged from it.

I doubt they'll win. There's no way any court would agree that EA could reasonably foresee something like this happening. If anything the onus would probably be shifted to the bar for lack of security. And if there was alcohol at that event then there's a potential liability issue with overserving. Shitty as EA is you can't lay this at their feet.

EA will be found to be at some fault. I'd guess less than 20%, but you never know.

But yes, realistically, there's not much they could have done to prevent this. I dont't think that metal detectors are a reasonable solution. But, if people start suing, we'll get metal detectors. Some people love complaining about nanny states and disclaimers in commercials and businesses treating us like toddlers that will break, but all of that is basically due to lawsuits.

The only way I could see EA getting in trouble in a lawsuit is if they had the option for better security and they nixed it.

News Comments > EA's Jacksonville Tribute
5. Re: EA's Jacksonville Tribute Aug 30, 2018, 14:00 Flatline

Nullity wrote on Aug 30, 2018, 13:58:
maddog wrote on Aug 30, 2018, 13:55:
NKD wrote on Aug 30, 2018, 11:18:
EA should buy out the NRA, turn it into a game studio, and run it into the ground. Use their powers for good.
That's quite possibly the dumbest thing I've read on the internet all day and I just came from reddit
Did you come from /r/woooosh? Cause that was comedy gold. Bravo NKD.

Yeah that was funny. Especially when you think about integrating microtransactions and loot crates into the NRA experience.

News Comments > Project Genesis Announced
8. Re: Project Genesis Announced Aug 29, 2018, 18:57 Flatline

I was pretty unimpressed with the Etherium blockchain thing. I was hoping that as you discovered and developed the universe you'd add to the blockchain and the blockchain was the universal map or something like that. You use it as the seed for the proceedurally generated universe, only you're working backwards right? You manipulate the game state, and if you're the first one there, it works backwards and creates a ledger/seed that will generate all this procedurally. Then the block gets added to the chain and everyone updates the chain. When you come along to that sector, you load up the blocks associated with that sector and generate the play region.

That way you have persistence *plus* you have a history of everything that happened in that sector as an intrinsic part of the game. Aliens could be hostile towards you because they keep getting raided by pirates, or maybe they believe humans to be traders or something. It's not just a reputation bar, but like, the ability to code quite a bit of information into the block.

News Comments > The Last Remnant Sales Ending
2. Re: No Man's Sky NEXT Adds Multiplayer in July Aug 24, 2018, 19:02 Flatline

I'd actually suggest hunting down the book of vignettes that the author wrote for the game. There's some achingly beautiful writing there.  

News Comments > Call of Cthulhu Trailer
2. Re: Call of Cthulhu Trailer Aug 23, 2018, 17:33 Flatline

Cutter wrote on Aug 23, 2018, 16:06:
Enh, I dunno. Console graphics don't help sell it either.

Yeah I'm going to pass. I've kind of outgrown Lovecraft and get stuck on his racism and other shortcomings.

Which is funny, because I'm tearing through The Laundry Files right now, which is definitely inspired by Lovecraft, but is worlds better fiction with much less imperialistic racism.

News Comments > The Division 2 Preorders
4. Re: The Division 2 Preorders Aug 22, 2018, 12:41 Flatline

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 21, 2018, 21:50:
Hrm, please be awesome. No, I will not be preordering.

This. I have no problem with the money I spent and the value I got out of The Division. I sunk around 100 hours into it and I was pretty happy with that. I probably would have sunk way more if I had an active group to play with but that's okay.

By the end of the lifecycle of The Division they had a good game with a lot to do for relatively little money, good game systems, and a lot of good ideas. As long as they don't pull a Destiny 2 and forget all the lessons they learned for the first year Division 2 will be a good game.

But I still won't be pre-ordering it

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 21, 2018, 12:35 Flatline

It's not a pre-order for me but The Division 2 looks pretty tasty. I put in around 100 hours or so on The Division 1 and got my money's worth out of the season pass.

It seems like they're starting from the lessons learned from the first Division, so that's promising. I may end up buying it.

News Comments > Space Hulk: Tactics in October
4. Re: Space Hulk: Tactics in October Aug 20, 2018, 13:43 Flatline

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 20, 2018, 12:00:
Well, I'm somewhat interested, but so many Warhammer/Warhammer 40k games turn out to be utter shit, so let's wait and see.

I'm a hard pass. I'm going to need something more than a riff on Space Hulk the board game to get me on board.

News Comments > IGN Removes Fired Writer's Work
23. Re: IGN Removes Fired Writer's Work Aug 16, 2018, 12:50 Flatline

Drazula wrote on Aug 16, 2018, 06:50:
He plagiarized his LinkedIn experience... Lol!

I just saw that. WITAF?

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
19. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 13, 2018, 17:35 Flatline

Beamer wrote on Aug 13, 2018, 15:22:
Brosnan was a great Bond, though a very different one, he was just in terrible movies. Unfortunately, the later Craig movies went just as dumb. If I have to see one more movie where the bad guy is secretly the good guy's brother... Still think Craig is the best and most interesting Bond, still think his movies have become unwatchable.

Agreed. Brosnan tried to pull off the dark, effed up Bond and got paired with goofball scripts. He did well with what he was given.

I actually dug the first half of Die Another Day (Clear up to the end of the segment in Cuba). I sort of dug the dueling car scene too. Other than that, JFC what a trainwreck of a film. It's like the writers binged Austin Powers and then decided to make a straight version of the movie.

4. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 13, 2018, 12:14 Flatline

Prez wrote on Aug 13, 2018, 11:46:
Blue wrote on Aug 13, 2018, 11:44:
Prez wrote on Aug 13, 2018, 11:43:
That's sad about Ruby Rose. I think she woould have been a good fit. She's beautiful, charismatic, and from what little I've seen her on screen, a decent actress.

She didn't quit the movie, just Twitter.

Yes, I realized that and edited my post. A little late obviously.

Twitter is a wasteland of the worst impulses of humanity and the more people that quit the better. Twitter management is completely not up to the task of policing it's own network, either practically or ideologically.

News Comments > IGN Review Plagiarism Follow-up
1. Re: IGN Review Plagiarism Follow-up Aug 11, 2018, 13:29 Flatline

Someone needs to explain to this dude the Streisand Effect. He's not helping himself.  

38. Re: The news media are the enemy of the American people Aug 9, 2018, 12:57 Flatline

Back to the original story of Twitter's act of utter cowardice, Vox had a good story on it:

https://www.vox.com/2018/8/8/17662774/twitter-alex-jones-jack-dorsey

Basically, Twitter isn't growing. And news that Facebook *might* be at the end of it's growth caused the largest individual company devaluation in a single day in American history. You bet your sweet ass Twitter noticed that.

It's the same reason why Trump can violate every single rule Twitter has in alphabetical order and they give him a pass- Infowars generates traffic and users. And at the end of the day Twitter's bottom line can't afford to alienate tens or hundreds of thousands of users. So they struggle to find a loophole upside-down interpretation that lets them claim neutrality.

Twitter is evil. It basically is either vapid or poorly recreates other areas of the internet or is a permanent public record of every impulse you have had since you joined. A tiny fraction of a percent of all the tweets on the system could be called "relevant". Fake news spreads through Twitter faster than real news. The CEO is morally bankrupt and resorts to the most obviously bullshit excuses, and it is a march of pain and embarassment for people who make enemies in public. Twitter itself is at best inconsistent and at worst completely unreliable when it comes to enforcing it's own rules, and can't get any better because it's community rules contrast directly with it's revenue model. It's time to wind down Twitter.

Hell it's probably time to wind down social media, but that'll never happen.

28. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 8, 2018, 18:46 Flatline

it is its own animal and it does not deserve to be banned

Actually it does deserve to be sued. Repeatedly. Jones has agreed to stop referencing Sandy Hook, Pizzagate, and other crackpot conspiracy theories in exchange for dropping various lawsuits. Thing is, he *can't* stop, and has no real proof, and is going to get the living bejeebus sued out of him for liable and slander, and he deserves it.

27. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 8, 2018, 18:35 Flatline

Timmeh wrote on Aug 8, 2018, 17:41:
Why dont any of you post the actual quotes of Alex Jones going after sandy hook parent?

Do you people realize how they just make up stuff and claim he said this or he said that? Sometimes what he actually said is part of a longer 15 minute discussion.

I have indeed heard Jones say some seemingly crazy things, or exaggerate things.. but not always and sometimes in fact most of the time the stuff he says is actually true. Like the gay frogs thing. Yes that is actually scientifically TRUE.

This is just another example of how CNN, MSNBC, NYT, Newsweek, Huffpo and Wapo among many others are the actual FAKE NEWS. They make stuff up and slander people with no actual evidence and all their retarded liberal minions lap it up like a puppy eating its own vomit.

Yes i realize that Foxnews can do the same thing in the opposite direction on occasion.

Infowars is not Fox News nor MSNBC.. it is its own animal and it does not deserve to be banned. Those of you for this are just setting yourselves up for a future when what you think or say will be the target of "hate speech" censorship.

Alex Jones swore in a court of law that Infowars is "performance art" and not to be relied upon.

Read it here

Of course, immediately after that he went on his show and told his listeners he was lying in court, which cost him custody rights with his children. Because judges don't like to hear they're being lied to.

26. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 8, 2018, 18:31 Flatline

Timmeh wrote on Aug 8, 2018, 17:47:
By the way he does not sell "sugar pills" again a baseless untrue leftist attack.

He sells high quality supplements that have been tested and they are NOT twice the price as has also been lied about by leftists.

LOL Timmeh you're right. It's not twice, it's 3-5 times.

At least according to an independent, accredited lab

News Comments > Destiny 2: Forsaken - Legendary Collection
4. Re: Destiny 2: Forsaken - Legendary Collection Aug 1, 2018, 13:25 Flatline

Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Aug 1, 2018, 10:48:
This has got to suck, if it was good they would not need to pump it up so much.

Actually Bungie seems to be hitting a better stride. They're seeding secret missions into the normal game that's driving people insane, they've made some updates to the API so they can lock down items and not leak them through API scans, and it seems like the community is actually cautiously excited with where Forsaken is going.

There's still missteps- The secret mission only pops on weekends, and does so randomly, so naturally this past weekend there was like a 27 long PE streak where you *couldn't* access the secret mission and it drove people bonkers.

The Destiny subreddit though seems to be considerably less salty and more enthusiastic. If you wait for the Forsaken reviews to drop it might be a good time to get back in. If you haven't played since the exotics pass and the exotic masterwork pass the game plays very differently.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 30, 2018, 13:11 Flatline

"Poor mobile coverage 'harming rural quality of life.'"

I was about to go off on people voting for the leopards eating faces party and then complaining about their faces getting eaten, but then I clicked on TFA and realized it's about the UK.

I have nothing constructive to add here in that event.

3244 Comments. 163 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo