Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for S Westberg

Real Name S Westberg   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Flatline
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 15, 2007, 19:09
Total Comments 3239 (Veteran)
User ID 34131

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
4. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 9, 2017, 19:17 Flatline

CDProjekt Red is probably what made The Witcher into something special. I read the original books- they were good, but man, CDPR really hit it out of the park.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Dec 8, 2017, 19:11 Flatline

Creston wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 16:53:
Eh, the gun is bugged, they'll fix it next week, so for this weekend they say "Everyone have one!"

Apparently people are having tons of fun in 4vs4 with everyone rolling a Lens, so I think it's fine for them to do this.

Agreed. It actually sounds really f*cking funny. At first I thought it was a real life money purchase, but it's like 29 legendary shards, which is not much.

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Dec 8, 2017, 18:34 Flatline

I'm going to go the other direction. If playing video games is considered a fucking professional sport then video games get award shows. As many as they want, because we've already passed stupid ideas and gone into "Fuck it we're doomed" territory.  

News Comments > World War Z Game Announced
15. Re: World War Z Game Announced Dec 8, 2017, 14:02 Flatline

ledhead1969 wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 13:38:
The book is incredible. If you haven't read it, by all means do. Ask for it for Christmas and then spend your time at the in-laws reading it.

I always wished Tarantino would do a movie on the Japan chapter.

The ideal format for me would be a Ken Burns style documentary. The book is almost perfectly formatted for that kind of mockumentary. I wouldn't want it to be one movie though, I'd want it to be a miniseries.

News Comments > World War Z Game Announced
11. Re: World War Z Game Announced Dec 8, 2017, 12:59 Flatline

MacLeod wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 12:48:
Oh a World War Z game... this could be interesting. Oh wait, it's based on the shitty movie, not the book. Never mind.

What kind of game would you play that was like... book based?

Hardcore survival game maybe?

I'd be interested in a Crusader Kings style logistics type of game set during World War Z (the books). That'd be kind of fun and crazy.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris Released
11. Re: Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris Released Dec 6, 2017, 14:16 Flatline

SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 6, 2017, 08:44:
I do like Destiny 2. I'll probably grab the season pass if it goes on sale during Christmas time.

It was on sale for Black Friday. It'll probably be on sale for Christmas.

I got the legendary edition or whatever that had the season pass in it for about 62 bucks. So far, I'm feeling like I"m getting my money's worth. Combat is lots of fun albeit a little repetitive. I miss the wacky gonzo combination of weapons from Borderlands. But otherwise, it's like a mashup of Halo and Borderlands.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 6, 2017, 14:11 Flatline

Let's be honest. You play on the system all your friends play on, unless you have money to burn to get both or you have a killer app you *have* to have that is exclusive to one system or another.  

10. Re: Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris Released Dec 6, 2017, 13:40 Flatline

Sacrifex wrote on Dec 6, 2017, 09:21:
I think I'll continue to play Warframe, where I've had so much awesome content thrown at me for nothing that I've now put in 250 hours and I still can't keep up with the constant flow of new things the game puts in my lap to use/do.

Looking back, I can't believe I almost paid $100-some bucks for what I've heard Destiny 2 brings to the table. No offense, but when someone can say in a thread that they're happy that they haven't run out of stuff in the *two hours* they've played of an expansion pack DLC, that's just criminal. Consumers deserve better than that.

I loved Warframe and actually dropped 30 bucks on it way back when it was in beta. Problem is none of my friends play it so I burned out.

Then they like massively overhauled the entire inventory/skill system at some point, reset your progress, and when I went back in like a year later I was a starting warframe that had end-game equipment. I kind of got lost and without friends to play with, I moved on.

But yeah, Warframe is pretty cool.

9. Re: Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris Released Dec 6, 2017, 13:38 Flatline

Asmodai wrote on Dec 6, 2017, 07:20:
Slick wrote on Dec 6, 2017, 06:09:
Oh and for those keeping track, D2 already has microtransactions for cosmetic items.

Cosmetic items are fine, PoE has been doing cosmetics for years (in sometimes very high cost packs).

The XP fiddling to drive people to the vendor and show little for grinding is far more egregious, you would have at least had a point about that... ; )

It feels like that got fixed. Of course, I level capped at 25 already on night one, but leveling feels *much* faster after you hit level cap. Loot drops seem to be higher rate too. In an hour I got more loot drops that I could use than in a full night of playing pre-patch.

News Comments > Ultimate Fishing Simulator Early Access
7. Re: Ultimate Fishing Simulator Early Access Dec 2, 2017, 17:49 Flatline

Wash Washburne wrote on Dec 2, 2017, 15:53:
Well at least the first video nailed fishing atmosphere right, lol. I can see this being a good VR title, other than that, constant rain droplets on my screen would drive me crazy. I wonder if you do ice fishing, does your screen freeze too?

I'd consider a VR Fly Fishing simulator. Might be fun for a few hours. You'd need some haptic feedback or something to actually make it fun though.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 1, 2017, 16:48 Flatline

Bard wrote on Dec 1, 2017, 12:00:
hahaha.

something as important as election votes can't be trusted to electronic technology. simple as that.

Basically this. CA still uses paper ballots. They work great.

News Comments > Star Citizen Land Rush
67. Re: Star Citizen Land Rush Nov 30, 2017, 13:41 Flatline

I'm not seriously accusing them of this, but with all the investigation about money laundering going on in the US news right now, it actually occurs to me that something like Star Citizen, with it's black hole black box funding, never ending stretch goals, never ending dev cycle, international footprint, etc... would make an *excellent* money laundering system.

You put your money in as a "contribution", and a "business" you own for... hell I dunno, motion capture let's say, gets a fat check every month for 85% of what you put in. Fans/contributors have no idea because everything is so obscure. Dirty money is also mixed in with clean money to make everything even harder to track.

I'm not accusing SC of being a money laundering scheme, but from the stories I've read concerning people like Paul Manafort, RSI would be perfect for it.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Ghost Comes to Alexa
4. Re: Destiny 2 Ghost Comes to Alexa Nov 30, 2017, 12:17 Flatline

Cutter wrote on Nov 30, 2017, 11:36:
I can't believe people not only allow these spying devices into their homes but willingly pay for them.

Obligatory:

https://xkcd.com/1807/

Also yeah. When I found that google had permanent recordings of every "okay google" command I ever gave it, I stopped using it. I mean, it's obvious in hindsight, but I would have thought that they had like processed it for recognition purposes and then got rid of it.

But Google never deletes anything.

That being said, if I could say "Swap my energy weapon with a solar gun" or something like that without having to drop into inventory that'd be awesome.

News Comments > EA Still Wants Microtransactions in Star Wars Battlefront II
37. Re: EA Still Wants Microtransactions in Star Wars Battlefront II Nov 29, 2017, 17:02 Flatline

Devinoch wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 14:58:
Sure, and you could charge the $90-100 you would need to be profitable with such a game (considering development costs these days), and no one would buy it, or, conversely, you could make the game cost significantly less and people would bitch about how the graphics aren't up to snuff, and no one would buy it.

At the number of units that EA pushes of the Battlefront games, I doubt that profitability is an issue at a 60-70 dollar price point. If there is an issue with profitability, then it's EA's fault for entering into an ass-reamingly expensive license to create Star Wars games. And if that's the case, that's just bad business being passed onto the consumer.

50. Re: Origin Access Free This Week Nov 29, 2017, 16:55 Flatline

{PH}88fingers wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 16:05:
Flatline wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 15:27:
I wonder if ship sales are slowing down now. This is a weird thing to sell, at an awful high price point.

April 2017: $ 2,600,000
May 2017: $ 2,700,000
June 2017: $ 2,300,000
July 2017: $ 2,375,000
August 2017: $ 2,700,000
September 2017: $ 1,700,000
October 2017: $ 3,250,000

and I'm sure November will be much higher than those.

So i guess the answer to your question is "no"

October must have been a sale month. That's the only way that you can describe the discrepancy between September and October.

But still, every month, you're looking at around an average of 2.5 million dollars.

I have no goddamn idea how they do that unless they have 25,000 people donating 100 bucks a month to the game.

Those numbers seem really weirdly stable. The subscription thing is the only thing I can figure out that stabilizes these numbers because you'd expect sales to ebb and flow depending on when new versions of the alpha would come out.

News Comments > EA Still Wants Microtransactions in Star Wars Battlefront II
35. Re: EA Still Wants Microtransactions in Star Wars Battlefront II Nov 29, 2017, 15:58 Flatline

AngelicPenguin wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 14:59:
So are all multiplayer games like this now? Where the longer you play, the stronger your characters are?

The only multiplayer game I played religiously was TF2 and most of the items were just side grades, and you could get regular items by trading super easy, so there was no notion of one player having an inherent advantage over you.

I guess I don't get it. Why would I want to ever play a game where other players literally do more damage than I do?

Back when Call of Duty went Modern Warfare, everyone was jazzed about the progression system but honestly it turned me off. I had to grind 20 hours in shit public match-ups before I could play the game mode I wanted. I even had to grind to find gear that would suit my play style. At least then they front loaded some of the upgrades so you were effective from level 1 but this has been the growing way of things for some time now.

38. Re: Star Citizen Land Rush Nov 29, 2017, 15:27 Flatline

I wonder if ship sales are slowing down now. This is a weird thing to sell, at an awful high price point.  

News Comments > Destiny 2 Free Trial Tomorrow
21. Re: Destiny 2 Free Trial Tomorrow Nov 28, 2017, 12:21 Flatline

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Nov 28, 2017, 11:15:
-The first missions kind of explain the mechanics of Region Loot Chest, how to find Lost Sectors, How to do public events but overall it doesn't actually spell it out. "LOOK AT THIS PICTURE ON THE WALL" doesn't actually translate to "These are the lost sector challenge locations" very well. I think it could have been done better on the challenge screen

As a total n00b to the series, I have to admit that holy shit finding missions was confusing as f*ck.

I get to the Farm, get a mission assigned, and then nothing. Because I have to go into the director and earth and then the area I want to fly to. Which sort of makes sense but the in-game mission briefing says "take the ship you came here in to blah blah blah and do yadda yadda yadda"

The UI is kind of confusing in general. There were some moments of real frustration there.

Once in the maps, combat, moment to moment, feels pretty good. I'm enjoying that.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Free Trial Tomorrow
6. Re: Destiny 2 Free Trial Tomorrow Nov 27, 2017, 22:43 Flatline

They needed to do this a couple weeks ago to feed into the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale. 30 bucks or so for the game is not bad and I'm having fun with it.  

News Comments > Saturday Patches
6. Re: Saturday Patches Nov 26, 2017, 13:12 Flatline

Picked this up for 17 bucks for GMG black friday. Looking forward to getting into it. Seems like around 15 bucks is a good price point for it.  

3239 Comments. 162 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo