Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for S Westberg

Real Name S Westberg   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Flatline
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 15, 2007, 19:09
Total Comments 2766 (Senior)
User ID 34131

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Departures?
38. Re: Star Citizen Departures? Sep 25, 2015, 13:54 Flatline

Wallshadows wrote on Sep 25, 2015, 11:46:
El Pit wrote on Sep 25, 2015, 11:45:

kxmode linked to it in the last SC thread.

Nice, thanks!

Update: Awww, the link doesn't work anymore and holy cow, a wild Derek Smart appeared!

Yeah I noticed that. If it can't be posted, can someone summarize what was in it?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Departures?
34. Re: Star Citizen Departures? Sep 25, 2015, 13:43 Flatline

Zarkonis wrote on Sep 25, 2015, 13:15:
This has got to be the biggest joke in gaming right now. Sorry, but this game should have gone live at $10M, and the rest of the money being content updates. The fact it's not even available unless you're throwing money at it proves it's a joke.

It's worse than that. The cynicism of offering all these ships at like 400 dollar price points is telling too. They aren't interested in anything other than whales at this point. Sure you can get into the game for 40 bucks, but if you want something other than a starting ship (taking them at face value), better dish out some real cash because that 40 bucks isn't even going to cover alterations on the Chairman's quasi-futuristic space jumpsuit that he designed personally.

News Comments > Command & Conquer Red Alert 2 Free on Origin
31. Re: Command & Conquer Red Alert 2 Free on Origin Sep 20, 2015, 14:27 Flatline

Got it, but it doesn't launch in Windows 10 it looks like.  

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Free Weekend
20. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Free Weekend Sep 11, 2015, 14:14 Flatline

PHJF wrote on Sep 11, 2015, 10:51:
The human enemies in XCOM are poorly integrated and have almost no scaling. It isn't long before they post no threat whatsoever but nevertheless continually harass XCOM, because pinpointing their base takes an unreasonable amount of time and/or trial and error. It could have been a lot more interesting if the enemy human forces more closely paralleled XCOM in equipment/abilities/tactics.

They hit Tier 2 weapons & upgrades generally speaking.

But yes, usually by the time you find their base unless you get lucky, you're starting into plasma and power armor and it's just a slaughter-fest.

News Comments > Laborious Metaverse
9. Re: Laborious Metaverse Sep 7, 2015, 20:41 Flatline

SlimRam wrote on Sep 7, 2015, 14:47:
  • PewDiePie becomes first YouTuber to hit 10 billion views.

• All hope is lost

I don't watch youtube game videos generally as a rule anyway because they are boring as fuck and I'd rather play a video game than watch someone play a video game.

So that being said, what's the appeal of PewDiePie?

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Patch 10 Notes
    15. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Patch 10 Notes Sep 4, 2015, 17:55 Flatline

Kxmode wrote on Sep 4, 2015, 15:17:
    Did anybody expect this patch?

Wouldn't you still have to be playing the game or wanting to play the game to be expecting a patch?

News Comments > Star Citizen Social Module Released
    201. Re: Star Citizen Social Module Released Sep 4, 2015, 14:29 Flatline

jdreyer wrote on Sep 3, 2015, 12:56:
    At one point, Chris said "No more stretch goals" and all the fanbois (pronounced "fan-BWAH" from French) complained, so he continued adding them, so it's not entirely his fault.

Ahem.

Bullshit. Bull. Fucking. Shit.

He's the guy the buck stops with. He could have just said "sorry guys, if we keep doing stretch goals the feature creep might put the project in jeopardy" and the white knights would have fallen right in line.

I have no doubt when they said "keep going" he was fantasizing that he was a rock star and the audience was chanting "encore!" That was a pure ego move and it was 100% CR's fault for putting ego before good project management.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
    25. Re: Evening Interviews Sep 4, 2015, 14:17 Flatline

Cutter wrote on Sep 3, 2015, 20:08:
    After that comes the biggie - planetside exploration, which Roberts plans to make seamless too.

“We probably won’t let you fly yourself directly down to a planet for the reason that we don’t want you to be crashing into things,” he explains. “But you’ll see the planet, and there won’t be a loading screen - essentially we’ll control the path. Everything will stream in and land and you’ll walk out.”

A loading screen by any other name....

Boy, this just keeps getting better and better doesn't it? Lol!

Hey if it worked with elevators in Mass Effect...

News Comments > WildStar F2P This Month
    5. Re: WildStar F2P This Month Sep 3, 2015, 14:05 Flatline

Moment to moment the game was a lot of fun. The environments got kind of interesting and there were some fun set pieces. The world events that would roll through from time to time were an improvement on GW2 and were kind of a blast.

I never was able to get together with my friends though and raid. The hardcore raid thing was what killed it for me.

News Comments > No Star Wars Battlefront Server Browser
    49. Re: No Star Wars Battlefront Server Browser Sep 2, 2015, 16:31 Flatline

Kevin Lowe wrote on Sep 2, 2015, 12:38:
    Verno wrote on Sep 2, 2015, 10:10:
    Using a server browser on the consoles is fine and a lot of them like dedicated servers now that they can see the advantages. Its an arguing point for PS4/Xbox people on forums. They just didn't know better before hand.
    Dedicated servers and server browsers are not inextricably tied together. Personally, I prefer skills-based matchmaking onto ad hoc dedicated servers, and the massive amount of cloud computing out there makes this model cheap and easy to support. Rather than have a few people or groups shell out the money for a single dedicated server to support a single game (at a time), just spin up virtual machines as needed, then drop them when the session has finished.

Then again, matchmaking worked out *so* well for Halo: The Master Chief Collection...

165. Re: Star Citizen Social Module Released Sep 2, 2015, 13:14 Flatline

dsmart wrote on Sep 2, 2015, 07:45:
    btw, the reason they took out co-op and drop-in/drop-out is blatantly obvious. The net code sux.

Well, that, and honestly imagine how hard that would be to implement in an interesting way. You're supposed to be the hero, flying a particularly designated ship for a particularly designated role for a designed mission. Now you have to design it to be interesting for 1-4 people or however many were going to be in co-op.

164. Re: Star Citizen Social Module Released Sep 2, 2015, 12:57 Flatline

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Sep 2, 2015, 06:11:
    Flatline wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 17:39:
    As long as I don't have to pay for the f*cking episodes.
    There won't be any additional charges for S42. However, like Star Wars or The Lord Of The Rings, it's part of a trilogy. They will be released as paid expansions further down the line and will help support the costs of running the PU. New content will continue to be released as long as the game is popular, much like with WoW.

In terms of content Chris Roberts has stated that the script for the game and the performance capture shoot that they did is larger than any video game or movie he has ever worked on, so it's not going to be a short experience.

I hope it's a "complete story" and not like plunking my money down got me Walking Dead Episode 1. Now plunk down more money for Episode 2. It needs to be a complete experience. A novel in a series is fine but a chapter is not.

As much as I gave shit to Starcraft 2 for taking essentially 15 years to come out if it is on a similar level of narration I can live with that. You had a whole story told that was part of a bigger story.

154. Re: Star Citizen Social Module Released Sep 1, 2015, 17:39 Flatline

CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 16:09:
    jdreyer wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 15:46:
    Flatline wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 15:05:
    theyarecomingforyou wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 14:24:
    Personally I'd rather have it done right and given the problems they've encountered with Star Marine, and given that they haven't released it and been able to gather and implement user feedback, I don't see how they can hit this year, at least not with the full campaign.

I actually agree with you I'd rather they take their time on SQ42 and knock it out of the park, since that's about 98% of why I invested to begin with. Leaving out multiplayer will piss off a lot of people but as much as I shake my head at all the shuffling going on, I consider leaving out drop-in co-op to be *good* news.

IIRC, they'll first release the first half of SQ42? And that will come end of 2015, first half of 2016? When might we see the rest of it?

The Squadron 42 history is a little wild by now. There was not a bleep about an episodic release during the KS days. So originally it was going to be a full release.
    Then a few months before Foundry 42 in Manchester got going (where S42 is being made) Erin Roberts revealed that it was going to be episodic.
    The initial plan was to deliver it in about four or five episodes for the 50 missions total. As usual they had a crazy overambitious plan. I remember that Chris said there were going to be ~3 months between episodes. I lol'ed.

So much for the history class. The latest plan is three episodes AFAIK but I can't remember hearing anything about the spacing. If they want to achieve the original vision, however, then it better be rapid fire mode because as per Chris Roberts' vision we're supposed to start our careers in Squadron 42 and then drop out and continue as "star citizens" in the PU.
    Remember: The FULL PU is still scheduled for late 2016 according to Chris Roberts so we should see all three episodes between now and then. Yeah. I lol'ed again.

As long as I don't have to pay for the f*cking episodes.

If that happens I'll donate money to Smart's legal pursuits just to make their lives miserable.

150. Re: Star Citizen Social Module Released Sep 1, 2015, 15:05 Flatline

Personally I'd rather have it done right and given the problems they've encountered with Star Marine, and given that they haven't released it and been able to gather and implement user feedback, I don't see how they can hit this year, at least not with the full campaign.

I actually agree with you I'd rather they take their time on SQ42 and knock it out of the park, since that's about 98% of why I invested to begin with. Leaving out multiplayer will piss off a lot of people but as much as I shake my head at all the shuffling going on, I consider leaving out drop-in co-op to be *good* news.

148. Re: Star Citizen Social Module Released Sep 1, 2015, 15:01 Flatline

Flatline wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 12:52:
    Actually you're wrong there. Even on the kickstarter page it says that the "single player" game will be online for "drop in/drop out multiplayer!".

So yeah, SQ42, according to the kickstarter page as of... oh ... 12 seconds ago, is waiting on netcode, matchmaking, and probably 3rd person animations.

I suspect his CR ultimate goal is to have SQ42 occur *inside* the PU. That was the pitch anyway. SQ42 occurs, then your character moves on into the PU and plays around.
    Actually, they've stated that the co-op missions are going to be part of the PU and come later - they'll be accessed via Arena Commander. The singleplayer is playable entirely offline. So no, it doesn't need netcode. However, even if it did need netcode, matchmaking and third-person animations they could all come after the initial release.

As I've said, I remain sceptical that S42 will hit this year or be ready any time soon (I'm predicting mid-to-late 2016) but it's possible. Personally I'd rather have it done right and given the problems they've encountered with Star Marine, and given that they haven't released it and been able to gather and implement user feedback, I don't see how they can hit this year, at least not with the full campaign.

*shakes head*

This game changes faster than a game of 3 card monte.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
    3. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 1, 2015, 14:28 Flatline

Julio wrote on Aug 31, 2015, 20:52:
    98% sausage fest at Ashley Madison. That's a lot of allegedly fake new user accounts to create.

It was something like 31 million men vs 11,000 women.

So it's more like 99.9996% a sausage fest.

But at least Ashley Madison has reached the "5 9's of uptime" goal before Microsoft has.

News Comments > etc.
    8. Re: etc. Sep 1, 2015, 14:15 Flatline

jdreyer wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 14:10:
    @ HoSpanky,

Heh, your comment reminds me of this Southpark Ep. That was a great one.

I remember reading the experiences of a transgender person. He said he used to be a total butch lesbian and when (at that time) she would see a cute girl, she'd think how she'd like to go to coffee, have great conversation, hold hands, write poetry about her, etc. Then he started taking hormone therapy, and he'd see a cute girl walking toward him, and suddenly he'd get the uncontrollable urge to check out her tits and ass. He'd have this incredible internal struggle to not do it, but invariably after the girl had passed, he'd turn around and check out her ass. It was fascinating to get this before-and-after description. It struck me as a stark explanation of the power of testosterone in men.

Yeah one of my trans friends who went from total butch to man mentioned over a couple of benders on rum with me the changes in his thought process as he got testosterone. It was similar. He went from originally being kind of sophisticated in his attraction to "DAT AZZ!" levels.

News Comments > etc.
    6. Re: etc. Sep 1, 2015, 13:59 Flatline

Stormsinger wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 13:23:
    Bosanac wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 12:18:
    Ugh, again with Blue posting this SJW propaganda bullshit? Is he not aware of what a lying, thieving, morally bankrupt person this bitch is?

I'm done with BluesNews.. time to find another site that doesn't propagate this drivel.

And...once again, anyone who uses the phrase "social justice warrior" as a pejorative is waving a big red flag for "self-absorbed douchebag". Thanks for self-identifying for us.

I prefer the term "tissue thin skinned whiners" myself.

At this point I don't feed the trolls. Although I am expecting my facebook feed to presently fill up as the women on it stop from posting mostly nude beefcake photos of firefighters to post this video and growl gurl power or something like that. Then go right back to posting pictures of mostly nude firefighters.

142. Re: Star Citizen Social Module Released Sep 1, 2015, 12:52 Flatline

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 11:44:
    At this point it's too early to say if S42 will be delayed. People weren't expecting the social module yet it was demoed and released quite quickly. Many of the issues with Star Marine don't directly affect S42 - it doesn't rely on netcode, third person player animations or matchmaking, which have been the main reasons for the SM delay. It's still possible that CIG will surprise people and reveal S42 at CitizenCon and announce it will be released on schedule this year, though I personally think that's unlikely.

Actually you're wrong there. Even on the kickstarter page it says that the "single player" game will be online for "drop in/drop out multiplayer!".

So yeah, SQ42, according to the kickstarter page as of... oh ... 12 seconds ago, is waiting on netcode, matchmaking, and probably 3rd person animations.

I suspect his CR ultimate goal is to have SQ42 occur *inside* the PU. That was the pitch anyway. SQ42 occurs, then your character moves on into the PU and plays around.

News Comments > Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Patch & DLC
    1. Re: Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Patch & DLC Sep 1, 2015, 12:40 Flatline

I keep trying desperately to get into this game and it's just as bland as wallpaper paste. I'm glad I only spent 12 bucks on it but after the interesting tutorial you're dumped into a bland area killing f*cking squibs and scamps for hours. It's not fun.  

2766 Comments. 139 pages. Viewing page 11.
    < Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo