Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for S Westberg

Real Name S Westberg   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Flatline
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 15, 2007, 19:09
Total Comments 2970 (Senior)
User ID 34131

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > KOTOR Reboot & New BioWare IP Rumors
9. Re: KOTOR Reboot & New BioWare IP Rumor Apr 11, 2017, 12:18 Flatline

VaranDragon wrote on Apr 11, 2017, 11:30:
"Destiny-style, takes some elements for the Division, MMO elements, semi-MMO."

How reassuring. LoL.

So basically ME:A with lightsabers.

You know you swung and missed when even Penny Arcade pans your game. I mean, if they buy into an IP, you have to turn out sacks of liquid crap to turn them off.

https://www.penny-arcade.com/news/post/2017/04/10/comprehensive

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 10, 2017, 10:36 Flatline

Are they called hosts?

/Doesn't look like anything to me

News Comments > Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Released
12. Re: Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Released Apr 8, 2017, 23:05 Flatline

Went back and played through the first third of the 360 game.

It is about what I remember. Interesting ideas, but they don't give you enough basic tools to make the skill kills varied and interesting. It ended up getting boring.

Also the profanity and zaniness was kind of. Well no. It was stupid and uneven in tone compared with the story. And I've noticed that they seem to be really minimizing the entire story/campaign experience in their ad campaign.

The core elements are fun. But instead of trick kills they needed to build like... I dunno, a combo system like in a street fighter game.

News Comments > VR Downward Spiral: Prologue
2. Re: VR Downward Spiral: Prologue Mar 31, 2017, 11:35 Flatline

Drayth wrote on Mar 31, 2017, 10:05:
Does it take me where I want to go?
Does it give me more than I need to know?

Hah came for the NIN reference, leaving satisfied.

*Falls wanking to the floor*

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 in Full Development; More Witcher Games Likely
9. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 31, 2017, 11:00 Flatline

Task wrote on Mar 31, 2017, 09:56:
Both of those things are good news!

I'm guessing the future Witcher games will be focused on expanding Ciri's adventure. That one witch got away stole her pendant.

Excited to see their take on Cyber Punk.

The moral ambiguity of the Witcher series plays very well into the cyberpunk genre. I'm curious too if they're going to fully embrace the idiosyncrasies of the old Cyberpunk RPG. They dropped a lot of references to the game into the background so I'm kind of hoping for straight up 80's inspired punk rockers trying to take down the system with a gun in one hand and a guitar in the other as a "Thing".

I also hope they call the hardest difficulty "Friday Night Firefight". That was a brutal combat system.

News Comments > Brothers in Arms WW2 Return Planned?
6. Re: Brothers in Arms WW2 Return Planned? Mar 30, 2017, 17:56 Flatline

The first BiA game was pretty fun. Good experience.

By the time they drove the series into the ground and salted the earth where it lay, I lost interest.

News Comments > The Witcher Sells 25M Copies
27. Re: The Witcher Sells 25M Copies Mar 30, 2017, 15:51 Flatline

Cutter wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 11:58:
That's win covered in awesome sauce right there. I just wish they'd do another one. Hell, do a prequel or assemblage of tales. Anyway, really amped to see what they do with Cyberpunk 2077.

Agreed. I want Cyberpunk 2077 more than I can describe.

26. Re: The Witcher Sells 25M Copies Mar 30, 2017, 15:49 Flatline

Prez wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 14:38:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 13:04:
Prez wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 10:51:
Definitely well deserved. I will say I was disappointed with the Witcher 2 - the story was weak and the boss battles were frickin' frustrating - but I loved the first and third. The Witcher 3 is the best RPG I've ever played.

Letho of Gulet is still one of my favorite characters of all time. Which is why I think Witcher 2 was amazing.

Oh definitely. The characters were all incredibly interesting, particularly Letho.I let him live at the end because I totally empathized with his cause. The story in 2 was what disappointed me, or maybe the way it was told.

I killed him because he got me into enough trouble to fill a swimming pool.

I did sit down, have a drink with him, and commiserate with him for a while though before we came to hostilities. That fight was more of a "you got this coming" than an "I'm going to enjoy this" moment. And really, he seemed to agree.

25. Re: The Witcher Sells 25M Copies Mar 30, 2017, 15:47 Flatline

Creston wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 13:26:
Prez wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 11:30:
I've wanted to read the Witcher stories for some time but haven't done it yet. Are the English translation books hard to find?

They're all available on the Kindle store. The last one just came out, too.

Warning, Witcher 3's writing is substantially better than the books'. (Andrez Sawpkwosisksji is exploding somewhere right now.) Geralt is kind of a whiny bitch in books 4, 5 and 6, and overall not much even HAPPENS in books 4, 5 and 6. So far, I've been somewhat disappointed in them, but that's due to the game being so freaking awesome.

Agreed. The writing, especially by the time of Witcher 3, is really good.

If you're coy about jumping in, at least read The Last Wish. It's an anthology of short stories, including one that has it's finality in Witcher 3 (specifically, The Last Wish. It fleshes out Yennifer's relationship with Geralt enough to make more sense why they have this weird edge to them).

It is an interesting twist on old classic fairy tales. First book is easily worth recommending.

News Comments > StarCraft Remastered Announced; Original Game Going Free
30. Re: StarCraft Remastered Announced; Original Game Going Free Mar 27, 2017, 12:30 Flatline

Verno wrote on Mar 27, 2017, 10:56:
Mordhaus wrote on Mar 26, 2017, 16:56:
The Blizzard I remember wouldn't re-release a game, they had standards.

Blizzard has a long history of packing up their games and re-releasing them, this is just the first remaster and there is no issue with them doing so. Work went into this, they didn't just apply a filter and call it a day.

Frankly seeing posts like yours reminds me what an ungrateful bunch gamers can be. Blizzard provides absolutely stellar support for their products and should be praised as an industry leader in this regard. I guess it's ok to just hate on Blizzard because Diablo 3 wasn't everyones favorite cup of tea though.

Eh... Blizzard seems to have trouble coming out with new IP and new concepts. They have this core of Starcraft/Diablo/Warcraft and they kind of have tossed all the intellectual concepts into a blender and hit puree for the last 15 years or so.

Overwatch is moderately original for Blizzard, but doesn't really cover any new intellectual or gameplay ground. It's still basically Team Fortress. And if you scratch the surface, you still find paladin auras and shit from the 90's in it.

I just don't get excited by Blizzard products any more. And that makes me sad more than angry.

Still, kudos to them for updating Starcraft to run on modern systems and releasing the original version for free. And kudos to them for making both versions cooperate with each other. That's pretty cool.

News Comments > StarCraft Remastered Announced; Original Game Going Free
12. Re: Use WoW Gold for Other Blizzard Games Mar 26, 2017, 17:26 Flatline

JeffD wrote on Mar 26, 2017, 17:21:
odd... its still 2d? .... why? its like star craft 2 but shit animation.

Because it's a reskin of the original and not a totally new game?

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
8. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Mar 25, 2017, 20:05 Flatline

If this is anything like how Amazon is working with CA this is only on amazon products. If you do a "Shipped from Amazon" 3rd party purchase, you still don't pay tax at the time of purchase.  

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Mar 24, 2017, 14:02 Flatline

yonder wrote on Mar 24, 2017, 13:54:
Short version: It's more complicated and takes more time/effort. Please ignore ME1 and ME2 as examples of what happens when you put forth the effort as we were under different management then. Thank you.

Almost. He said it looks like they dialed back the procedural generation for C (and possibly B) tier animations because they probably expected to hand-tune it and ran out of time. ME1 & ME2 used a more robust procedural generation technique because they acknowledged that they didn't have time to hand-polish every scene.

News Comments > Runeyana Released
1. Re: Runeyana Released Mar 21, 2017, 12:49 Flatline

"What kind of action do you usually have here?"

"Oh we have both kinds. We have hack and slash!"

News Comments > Op Ed
22. Re: Op Ed Mar 20, 2017, 13:44 Flatline

Quboid wrote on Mar 20, 2017, 01:45:
Flatline wrote on Mar 19, 2017, 21:48:
Quboid wrote on Mar 19, 2017, 19:50:
The Libertarian movement in the US generally seems very genuine (excluding Tea Party types who want oversight over lots of things). They could do a lot of good if they broke into the mainstream enough so issues had 3 sides instead of 2.

The Libertarian party honest-to-god doesn't see a problem with 6 year old shooting heroin, but thinks that drivers licenses to prove competency driving are the beginnings of slavery.

And that's not hyperbole, that's straight from the Libertarian convention debates.

Well that does sound crazy. I didn't mean to endorse their position, I simply meant that they stay true to what they claim. Maybe the 3rd position in mainstream debate should be a bit more realistic...

I get you... My point was generally that libertarians go all the way from whackadoodle nuts to Republicans who want to smoke dope and get laid. They're not a particularly consistent party, nor, almost by definition, can they be.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Reviews
36. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Reviews Mar 20, 2017, 13:26 Flatline

Cutter wrote on Mar 20, 2017, 12:29:
In short, as always, if you're a fan of BiowarEA's console CRPGs you'll like it. If you expect something good like Witcher 3 you won't.

I'm not even sure if it qualifies as a Bioware CRPG. It feels like, from the reviews, a kind of milquetoast version of a Bioware RPG.

News Comments > Op Ed
17. Re: Op Ed Mar 19, 2017, 21:48 Flatline

Quboid wrote on Mar 19, 2017, 19:50:
The Libertarian movement in the US generally seems very genuine (excluding Tea Party types who want oversight over lots of things). They could do a lot of good if they broke into the mainstream enough so issues had 3 sides instead of 2.

The Libertarian party honest-to-god doesn't see a problem with 6 year old shooting heroin, but thinks that drivers licenses to prove competency driving are the beginnings of slavery.

And that's not hyperbole, that's straight from the Libertarian convention debates.

News Comments > Op Ed
16. Re: Op Ed Mar 19, 2017, 21:46 Flatline

jacobvandy wrote on Mar 19, 2017, 14:49:
Perhaps you are confusing libertarianism with anarchism? "Libertarian" is not a form (or lack) of government, it describes an individual that uses common sense and their own moral compass to approach each issue individually rather than mindlessly toe a party line.

Oh hey look quite literally the common sense fallacy at work!

News Comments > Sid Meier's Civilization VI Demo
10. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization VI Demo Mar 17, 2017, 17:34 Flatline

Cutter wrote on Mar 16, 2017, 20:59:
I got the game for free and I'm glad I did or I would have been pissed. First Civ I've never liked. Skip it and stick with V or wait until it's $10 or less at the very least.

I think it's funny Civ 5 was blasted and Civ4 the darling last time around.

Anyway, I agree there's something missing about 6. I haven't played a full game through yet.I always get bored/frustrated/depressed somewhere around the beginning of the renaissance and just quit.

That and I had to turn off barbarians. I used to enjoy them in previous games but their spawn rate and technology tree is bullshit. I spend most of those games desperately trying to survive from the constant barbarian encampment spawns and have almost no time for any of the other civs.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
10. Re: New GeForce Drivers and GTX 1080 Ti Reviews Mar 17, 2017, 17:09 Flatline

descender wrote on Mar 17, 2017, 15:37:
I wonder how far along our technology has to progress before the general public will understand that "space dogfighting" is not and will never be a thing.

So regular fantasy with elves and dragons and shit is okay but sci-fi fantasy is bullshit and too much?

Whatever...

2970 Comments. 149 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo