Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for S Westberg

Real Name S Westberg   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Flatline
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 15, 2007, 19:09
Total Comments 3161 (Veteran)
User ID 34131

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > BATTLETECH Multiplayer Changes; Linux Edition Delayed
7. Re: BATTLETECH Multiplayer Changes; Linux Edition Delayed Jan 17, 2018, 13:53 Flatline

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 17, 2018, 12:17:
VaranDragon wrote on Jan 17, 2018, 10:50:
Im looking forward to this. Hopefully unlike most kickstarters developed these days the campaign won't be an afterthought.
What I have seen of the single player, it will be a lot of fun. I am really looking forward to this game.

Same. It looks like a pretty interesting campaign engine.

Harebrained seems to be pretty good at delivering considerable content after the fact. They released director's cuts for most of the SR games that polished everything.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fable Return Rumor
5. Re: Fable Return Rumor Jan 17, 2018, 12:19 Flatline

For a minute I thought it was another Fable comic book game like Telltale games was making and I was like "Neat!" because I enjoyed that.

Then I saw it's the other Fable and lost interest.

News Comments > Chinese PUBG Cheat Creators Arrested
38. Re: Chinese PUBG Cheat Creators Arrested Jan 16, 2018, 18:24 Flatline

Primalchrome wrote on Jan 16, 2018, 16:15:
Timmeh wrote on Jan 16, 2018, 13:19:
Good point... but the democrats love them some Chinese communism,... so its always possible we could see that added here. its probably a hate crime.

If you use a cheat in a game against someone of a non white race.. is that a hate crime?

You might laugh or scorn this... but... it aint that far fetched as crazy as the left is.
Uhm...while the democrats have their far left SJW nutbags, you do realize that this behavior is more in line with the far right Republican 'corporations trump citizen's rights' schtick, right?

shhhhhhhh quiet now or you'll harsh his Stigginit high. The only thing that matters anymore is stigginit to the libs now. Nothing else matters *Metallica guitar solo*

News Comments > Chinese PUBG Cheat Creators Arrested
18. Re: Chinese PUBG Cheat Creators Arrested Jan 16, 2018, 14:24 Flatline

Beamer wrote on Jan 16, 2018, 12:22:
Timmeh wrote on Jan 16, 2018, 11:09:
scary world we live in now where you can get arrested for cheating in a video game.

That's just Fucked up. There is no other way to put it.

They weren't just cheating, they were "creating and distributing" cheats.

This. They had a business that centered around making and distributing cheats.

And that might actually get you arrested here in the States as well. It's a violation of the DMCA and at least is a gargantuan fine if not jail time.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous: Beyond Chapter One Beta This Month
18. Re: Elite Dangerous: Beyond Chapter One Beta This Month Jan 13, 2018, 18:08 Flatline

Cutter wrote on Jan 12, 2018, 19:11:
The needless tedium is the worst part of the game. I know they have their in-game reasons for a lot of it, but it's still just bullshit time sink game design. Jumping from system to system. I can land close to where I want to be? It always has to be the fucking sun? I can travel in multiples of C but somehow the technology to master this doesn't exist? Or I have to waste a ton of time just getting around a single system to go through yet more wasted time with all the requesting permission to dock, than the actual docking, than the player services, etc. etc. etc. I shouldn't have to rely on an external website to see trade date. I shouldn't have to go to each station physically to see what missions are there. And that's just the tip iceberg of all the things wrong with this game. Have you ever played any of the X games? That's how you do space games.

I played a lot of the X games.

A lot of the things you're bitching about are in all the X games. There are some workarounds that X has managed but I find them buggy and not working very well. Some of the trade data stuff is about the only uniquely legitimate complaints that you're spewing.

12. Re: Elite Dangerous: Beyond Chapter One Beta This Month Jan 12, 2018, 17:18 Flatline

Cutter wrote on Jan 12, 2018, 15:33:
Take a look at what Egosoft is doing with X4 - due out this year - instead.

Man if X4 ends up sucking I'm going to revel in your hatred of it.

11. Re: Elite Dangerous: Beyond Chapter One Beta This Month Jan 12, 2018, 16:55 Flatline

CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 12, 2018, 14:55:
Flatline wrote on Jan 12, 2018, 14:26:
BIGtrouble77 wrote on Jan 12, 2018, 13:11:
Lets just take a step back and acknowledge the fact that those who bought Horizons last year are getting this season's updates for free. So much more content in the game now than what we had a year ago.

Yeah I'm genuinely kind of amazed. They must be making decent money on the skins & aesthetics.

And I'm sure the line 4 lifers from Kickstarter are grumpy.
AFAIK, the only ones who have a reason to be slightly grumpy are the lifetime expansion pass buyers because their "lifetime" ended with Horizons if I understood things correctly. Those peeps might have to pay for future content (like everyone else).
But Frontier haven't really revealed their business model going forward so we'll have to see about all that.

That's what I meant I couldn't remember what they were called. I backed a kickstarter board game that offered "line for life" which promised every expansion in the game, then they went out of business one or two expansions later.

Anyway, I'm not complaining, I love ED. I built my new computer room specifically so I could get back to playing ED when I moved. I bought insanely expensive HOTAS sticks to play it more impressively. It's really the only game I want to get VR for.

News Comments > ESA Rebukes President Trump
86. Re: ESA Rebukes President Trump Jan 12, 2018, 14:44 Flatline

datachasm wrote on Jan 12, 2018, 13:22:
my thing... even if he called Haiti a shithole, how is that racist?

He also said immediately before that "can we get all the Haitians out of this country?"

85. Re: ESA Rebukes President Trump Jan 12, 2018, 14:44 Flatline

Verno wrote on Jan 12, 2018, 13:05:
Yifes wrote on Jan 12, 2018, 12:54:
The fact that conservatives stooped so low to support him is what's sad for America.

Not really, Trump basically stole the nomination and bulled his way into the presidency. The Conservative establishment fought him every step of the way until it was too late to do anything. Trump essentially hijacked the Republican party and made utter fools of the Dems as well.

Nah... Trump didn't steal the GOP nomination. Trump is the end result of 30 years of evangelical zeal fused with talk radio and fox news. Trump isn't an anomaly, he's the Kwisatz Haderach of this generation's conservatives: The end result of their mostly unintentioned breeding program.

His secret is pretty simple. He's giving people the permission to be sociopaths and has relieved his base from the weight of shame and guilt. That's why his base loves him. He makes it okay to indulge in any anti-social impulse that comes along.

82. Re: ESA Rebukes President Trump Jan 12, 2018, 14:37 Flatline

Timmeh wrote on Jan 12, 2018, 11:20:
Also..

America is not built on "diversity" that is a modern bunch of garbage leftists created to undermine the country like morons.

America is built on individuality and the freedom to be who and what you want to be based on your drive and tenacity. The diversity these leftist POS's throw around doesn't even mean close to the same thing.

Funny, that "built on individuality and freedom" thing is a bunch of garbage that a couple neoliberals ginned up back in the 30's and 40's.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2016/apr/15/neoliberalism-ideology-problem-george-monbiot

And so it goes.

81. Re: ESA Rebukes President Trump Jan 12, 2018, 14:34 Flatline

Timmeh wrote on Jan 12, 2018, 11:12:
where were the Washington post, cnn, msnbc headlines when leading democrat Harry Reid was talking about how He wanted the common people out of congress and other sites because they "smelled".

If he said this on camera what are these people saying to each other off camera.

MAN that is twisting of reality.

There was a camera. I watched the video. HuffPo even wrote an article on it. Took 10 seconds to google.

He said that due to the heat and humidity, you could smell sweaty tourists in the capital building.

Which sure, we can get upset about it (also nice whataboutism) but at least f*cking get it right.

80. Re: ESA Rebukes President Trump Jan 12, 2018, 14:31 Flatline

scarlet wrote on Jan 12, 2018, 10:54:
Much easier to condemn your own President, huh? Everybodyís doing it. Youíre so hip. Why donít condemn corrupt governments that make these countries awful places to live? You donít, because that would truly be brave.

This has absoutely nothing to do with the diversity of this country, you buffoon. The only backward thinking I see is from you, ESA president.

Hey, if we're calling corrupt governments with rampant self-dealing and nepotism "shithole" governments...

We kind of by definition *have* to call Trump's administration a shithole.

79. Re: ESA Rebukes President Trump Jan 12, 2018, 14:28 Flatline

Linthat22 wrote on Jan 12, 2018, 10:09:
Then lets let all these bleeding hearts move to Haiti and tell us how great it is. Trump called Haiti a shithole, that's no different than calling Detroit a shithole.

Man, the media sure is twisting the weak minds of the populace.

You're also missing the part where he asked if we could just "get rid" of all the Haitians in the US.

Dude's a straight-up racist.

3. Re: Elite Dangerous: Beyond Chapter One Beta This Month Jan 12, 2018, 14:26 Flatline

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Jan 12, 2018, 13:11:
Lets just take a step back and acknowledge the fact that those who bought Horizons last year are getting this season's updates for free. So much more content in the game now than what we had a year ago.

Yeah I'm genuinely kind of amazed. They must be making decent money on the skins & aesthetics.

And I'm sure the line 4 lifers from Kickstarter are grumpy.

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Tweet
8. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Tweet Jan 11, 2018, 11:51 Flatline

Kxmode wrote on Jan 10, 2018, 23:10:
Creston wrote on Jan 10, 2018, 20:19:
I hope it's not a beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

That's a standard CIG tweet.

I thought that was "deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerp"

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Tweet
2. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Tweet Jan 10, 2018, 19:23 Flatline

I for one look forward to playing a Rockerboy, who brings truth with his shredding guitar skills and concerts and resistance to The System and encourages his fans to Fight Back Against The Man!

(Cyberpunk 2020 was... very weird that way)

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
9. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 9, 2018, 13:34 Flatline

MajorD wrote on Jan 9, 2018, 13:06:
Apple isn't the only company guilty of this, but they seem to be the best at it. Everything Apple does is highly calculated to their benefit, and their benefit only.

Apple especially does it with iOS. Aside from slowing your phone down it's amazing how right at the like... 22 month mark your phone just takes a giant shit on you and starts running poorly. Like, you swipe to get to another page of icons and it is slow and glitchy. It takes minutes to boot apps that six months earlier were instantaneous. I can't type any more on my iPad 2 because there's like a 30 second delay (not hyperbole) now between my input and it showing up on the screen. Safari crashes on basic pages every 30 seconds.

Meanwhile, my Galaxy S6, aside from an anemic battery at this point, actually runs just as smooth, if not better, than when I bought it. The UX still scrolls smooth. Sure some of the newer stuff makes my phone chug, I expect that, but the basic navigation and typing and stuff is still smooth.

News Comments > Subnautica This Month
8. Re: Subnautica This Month Jan 9, 2018, 13:25 Flatline

MajorD wrote on Jan 9, 2018, 13:01:
Good, now I can play from start to finish. During EA, any time I would start a new game, I would come back to play more, after not playing for a while, and have to start a new game again due to another patch/update and the previous saved game would not be compatible with latest release.

Yeah I am looking forward to the full release. It's a great game, lots of fun. I'm hoping they continue to add stuff to the game too.

News Comments > CIG Responds to Crytek Lawsuit
28. Re: CIG Responds to Crytek Lawsuit Jan 8, 2018, 18:32 Flatline

What are the odds that the next delay is due to Star Citizen implementing a fully functional justice system, with grand juries, jury duty, judges, appellate courts, supreme courts, and a Galactic Bar that you can study and pay to test to achieve your Galactic Barrister license?

Judge seats selling now at the discount sale price of only 38,000 dollars per seat for a lifetime appointment.

News Comments > Cloud Gaming Returns
18. Re: Cloud Gaming Returns Jan 4, 2018, 16:22 Flatline

aka_STEVE wrote on Jan 4, 2018, 14:33:
...brought to you by Robertsspaceindustries virtual gaming consoles.

OH FFS DO NOT GIVE THE MAN IDEAS

That's just what we need.

3161 Comments. 159 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo