Total Posts
3494 (Veteran)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

3494 Comments. 175 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    175  ] Older

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Resurgence Continues
Sep 26, 2022, 11:22
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Resurgence Continues Sep 26, 2022, 11:22
Sep 26, 2022, 11:22

GinRummy wrote on Sep 24, 2022, 13:19:
I enjoyed it at original release, and it's been long enough now for another go, this time with added features and fixes to make it even better. Soon as I finish up what I got going now I might install it again. I guess a lot of people feel the same way.

I finally built a new rig over the summer that can run the game and I've dropped over 100 hours into it. I think the important part is to not focus on the main story. I get to the point of no return and just go off and do shit and the game is a lot more fun. I'm pretty close to finishing my second run through and at that point I'm giving it a rest until some of the RedMod tools can be used to produce some good mods.

I always loved CP2020 RPG so I'm having a lot of fun going through this but I'll admit the storytelling isn't always as strong as it was with the Witcher games. Although I think that the crucifixion storyline is going to stick with me forever. That was a disturbing story.

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Resurgence Continues
Sep 26, 2022, 11:15
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Resurgence Continues Sep 26, 2022, 11:15
Sep 26, 2022, 11:15

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 24, 2022, 14:12:
Finally completed my CORPO run and gotta say, that is by far the best path Now if only they would add all the Edge Runner stuff as DLC, and more... I will never get why they wasted years and never released any proper new content for this game.

The Edgerunner 1.6 update drops a lot of stuff into it taken from the anime. If you go over to low sodium cyberpunk on Reddit people have been posting lots of them.

Re: Get Spirit of the North and The Captain for Free
Sep 15, 2022, 17:39
Re: Get Spirit of the North and The Captain for Free Sep 15, 2022, 17:39
Sep 15, 2022, 17:39

Surprised to see Gloomhaven on the list. Not a AAA game but a very good reproduction of the board game. There's a *lot* of game there. Worth picking up and playing, especially with friends.

Re: Overwatch 2 Heroes Will Unlock with Free Battle Pass
Sep 8, 2022, 17:30
Re: Overwatch 2 Heroes Will Unlock with Free Battle Pass Sep 8, 2022, 17:30
Sep 8, 2022, 17:30

Battlepass? So they're going the Fortnite/Tencent manufactured discontent route eh?

Meh.

Re: Rocksmith+ Next Week
Aug 30, 2022, 18:21
Re: Rocksmith+ Next Week Aug 30, 2022, 18:21
Aug 30, 2022, 18:21

I wasn't thrilled with the beta. The phone as a sensor was kind of neat though.

This isn't a replacement for actual guitar lessons however. If you're an absolute beginner unless they've changed a lot it's not a great learning path.

Re: Avalanche's Cancelled Iron Man Game
Aug 18, 2022, 14:29
Re: Avalanche's Cancelled Iron Man Game Aug 18, 2022, 14:29
Aug 18, 2022, 14:29

Timmeh wrote on Aug 18, 2022, 11:00:
Ventura wrote on Aug 17, 2022, 22:23:
Sounds like they bit off more than they could chew.

No it doesn't, It sounds like another case demonstrating how tyrannical, petty and cheap Disney/Marvel is now.

Disney is infamous for doing this to CGI studios too. They treated this game like it was a CG movie/TV show.
https://www.vulture.com/article/a-vfx-artist-on-what-its-like-working-for-marvel.html

Re: Evening Legal Briefs
Jul 13, 2022, 11:47
Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 13, 2022, 11:47
Jul 13, 2022, 11:47

Armengar wrote on Jul 13, 2022, 09:51:
the crux of his argument is that there are more bots and fake accounts that twitter said, so the value isnt thw same. Twitter say otherwise.

im guessing the next move is to get twitter to say this in court. That could be amusing if EM has evidence otherwise.

Not really. What he's told the public and what he's filed with the SEC are very different. Big surprise there. According to the SEC filing and Twitter's lawsuit, he was asking for things that nobody had any right to ask for as conditions of the sale, like JP Morgan's spreadsheet on the evaluation of if the deal was good or not. You can't force 3rd parties to turn over that kind of data, even Twitter doesn't have it if I read correctly. It's clear Musk is operating in bad faith to try to torpedo the deal if you read the legal filings. He even claims that because a handful of VPs quit the company he should be able to walk away because... apparently he thinks Twitter can force people to stay working for it. This deal was dead when he lost the margin loans and had to make 33 billion in cash on his own. He went around begging for people to invest and nobody took him up on it so he started hedging himself an out. He's wealthy enough that a billion dollars for the walk away fee is a mild annoyance to him, especially if it's all tied up in court for years.

Additionally, EM waived the whole bot thing as a condition in the purchase agreement. He also waived the due diligence period. The purchase agreement was the mother of all "as-is, sight unseen" purchases. It even has an anti-shitposting against Twitter clause in it because EM has a big fucking mouth and it's pretty clear he violated that multiple times too. Generally speaking this is one of the worst purchase agreements legal twitter has ever seen. It's clear that EM got the shit hustled out of him in this deal by Twitter lawyers, if I had to guess by ignoring legal advice and pushing through a 44 billion dollar acquisition deal in a week and a half.

The only argument that he has is that Twitter filed fraudulent SEC statements concerning bot activity but even then the SEC statements leave a *large* amount of leeway due to how their worded. Even his accusations of 20% of users are bots probably isn't enough to be considered fraudulent SEC filings because of how they were worded. It'd have to be like, 50% or more.

Whether they can enforce specific performance I do not know. I've seen compelling arguments both ways. But nobody that's familiar with the law thinks EM is in a good position here.

Re: Star Citizen Free-Fly Underway
Jul 10, 2022, 20:23
Re: Star Citizen Free-Fly Underway Jul 10, 2022, 20:23
Jul 10, 2022, 20:23

Razumen wrote on Jul 10, 2022, 00:18:
The Half Elf wrote on Jul 9, 2022, 21:15:
Earlyworm wrote on Jul 9, 2022, 19:54:
Hardline Mike wrote on Jul 9, 2022, 14:43:
80GB is pretty common these days.

That said, I'm not going to try to get in on this because I don't have an Nvidia 7090 GTX Titan OC Ultra or whatever it takes to get a stable 20fps.

The game doesn't require best-of-the-best GPU, it just requires a good combination of all components. It is dependent on an SSD, good single threading CPU performance, at least 16GB RAM and a "good enough" GPU.

Being installed on SSD is the single most important aspect, since it is doing a lot of asset streaming from the SSD (there are no loading screens) and if it is installed on a normal HDD then you can end up with parts of the ground/elevators etc. not being loaded in and you end up falling into the planet and die.

That would be incorrect.
I have a 10 year old top end system i7-3770k @ 3.50 on a z77 Extreme4 MB with 16gb of ram on a SSD with a 3070ti.
Unless ya have the preset on high or very high the game puts almost everything on the CPU instead of the GPU. The biggest 3 things ya want is GPU, Ram and SSD.
There are settings you can turn off (as long as ya leave the preset on high) and can make and edit a config file to really get quite a bit out of the game with very little quality loss.
They have fixed falling to your death, but at time you can open an elevator door into the abyss but once ya step through it the elevator loads. Typically this happens after an hour or so as the game does have some memory leaks.

Most people want things on high or higher. The game IS very much more CPU dependent as you've already described and many people notice huge increases in FPS, like 20-30, from upgrading their CPU.

Last time I tried this game it ran at a swift 2 or 3 frames per second but that was back during the hanger days.
I just built a new rig and while it's nice I doubt my aging RX 580 would do the trick. Maybe I'll try it after GPU prices drop a little bit more. They're still a little inflated and might drop before the 4000 cards drop at the end of the year.

Re: Diablo Immortal Review Bombed Over Pay-to-Win Tactics
Jun 7, 2022, 13:58
Re: Diablo Immortal Review Bombed Over Pay-to-Win Tactics Jun 7, 2022, 13:58
Jun 7, 2022, 13:58

Quinn wrote on Jun 7, 2022, 12:57:
The problem is ppl (read idiots) rate a mobile game as a pc game. Ppl say the game is "too much like D3" and have it in their mind that's a bad thing.

I have 5 hours into DI, haven't paid one cent yet, didn't hit any paywalls yet and got my third legendary dropped today.

From what I've read the endgame basically becomes pay to progress unless you like the idea of spending 2-4 years, daily, kitting a single character out. Level 5 gems have a 0.05% drop rate per run and the type of token you need to get that is limited to 1-3 per month from what I've read unless you spend money.

Crowing that you're 5 hours in and haven't paid money doesn't mean much. The game designers know that whales and other big spenders in the game tend to wait longer than other people to invest in the game.

Re: Dragon Age: Dreadwolf Announced
Jun 3, 2022, 14:33
Re: Dragon Age: Dreadwolf Announced Jun 3, 2022, 14:33
Jun 3, 2022, 14:33

Fion wrote on Jun 3, 2022, 12:09:
Jonjonz wrote on Jun 3, 2022, 06:25:
I have DA: Origins and Inquisition. Origins had so many bugs when I played it and with all the negative reaction to Inquisition, I never even bothered firing that up. My money says this next one will be buggy, or a woofer, or both.

Inquisition isn't bad, there is some really good stuff in there. But at the same time it was obviously designed initially to be an MMO, as it's loaded with pointless kill/fetch/collect quests, distinct 'zones' that each have a dragon boss (that are all basically identical in how the fight), and a pretty generic big bad.. Also, the promises of a world that changes based on your actions & choices just isn't actually there save for very few distinct moments where it's obvious.

That said, the main story is solid, there are some wonderful companions, once you get a castle there are some really interesting scenes that can play out. It's definitely worth a play at least once if your a fan of the setting

That said, none of the titles have come close to touching the greatness that was Origins.

Yeah you have to get past that first zone once you get the castle and the game gets better. There are some good things in it and some of the characters are fascinating. The companion stories more or less kept me going through all of it. The subplot with Cassandra and the trashy romance books from Varric was funny as hell. Some of the writing was pretty good away from the main plot amusingly enough.

Re: Op Ed
May 26, 2022, 14:56
Re: Op Ed May 26, 2022, 14:56
May 26, 2022, 14:56

Simon Says wrote on May 26, 2022, 13:17:
And I agree with everything in that article. I can't remember any good'ish spaceship games since Freespace 2 and Freelancer.

Certainly none even came close to Freespace 2 that's for sure.
Tachyon The Fringe was pretty good I felt. One of the first space sims to allow spinning on your axis while maintaining forward momentum and a few other interesting ideas.
Voiced by Bruce Campbell too.

Re: Morning Metaverse
May 13, 2022, 12:33
Re: Morning Metaverse May 13, 2022, 12:33
May 13, 2022, 12:33

If it falls through this troll cost him a billion dollars. If this is really him torpedoing this deal he'll probably try to sue to get out of the billion dollars by claiming that the 5% spambot figure is an intentionally dishonest claim by twitter putting them on the hook for a billion dollars in liability and it'll go to court for the next 10 years.

Re: Hardspace: Shipbreaker Breaks Out Next Month
Apr 14, 2022, 16:36
Re: Hardspace: Shipbreaker Breaks Out Next Month Apr 14, 2022, 16:36
Apr 14, 2022, 16:36

Hardline Mike wrote on Apr 14, 2022, 16:19:
Jim wrote on Apr 14, 2022, 14:38:
I played it some at launch, will look forward to the new release. Not sure what leftist agenda is being referred to, it has the usual corporate slave theme, which is fairly standard, unless much more was added.

I must've missed the "ultra leftist agenda" too. It's a pretty standard tale of comically evil corpos vs. some workers who want to unionize.
It's Cutter. A right-handed man would look ultra-left to him.

So far it's a completely passive story and I suspect there will be some twist like you fulfilled your contract decades ago but Lynx just keeps recloning you and sending you out similar to the story in Moon. It's in the "fine print" that they can keep cloning you even after you leave the company.

Over in the subreddit a handful of people complained that Lynx wasn't bad and that they should be able to roleplay as scabs which... whatever.

The game is oddly soothing. I generally turn off oxygen depletion and do free shift so that I don't have a time limit and the game becomes this kind of zen act of deconstruction. It's fun.

Re: Trolley Problem, Inc. This Month
Apr 5, 2022, 13:05
Re: Trolley Problem, Inc. This Month Apr 5, 2022, 13:05
Apr 5, 2022, 13:05

I already find those ethics questions to be insufferable, arbitrary to the point of uselessness, and often times insulting. Paying for a no-win guilt trip flash game? I'll pass.

Re: Quoteworthy
Mar 23, 2022, 16:02
Re: Quoteworthy Mar 23, 2022, 16:02
Mar 23, 2022, 16:02

Beamer wrote on Mar 22, 2022, 19:29:

I don't feel a strong need to know more about any of it. I genuinely think they should have fully branched the show, rather than have GRRM give them notes on the outcome that they may or may not have followed, because it ruined a lot of it by just feeling unearned. Even people whose stories ended in pointless ways - in the books, the point would be the pointlessness of their sacrifices or journeys, but in the show, it was just, well, pointless.

Eh I'm fairly certain that wouldn't have improved things. Just about everything they added in that wasn't book-based was pretty mediocre. And no amount of slipping the leash as it were would fix the showrunners losing their interest in the show and rushing so they could go make some Star Wars movies.

I used to be super hyped for the Wheel of Time series and I was on board for a *lot* longer than most of the book fans but by the end of the first season I was so "WTF?" that I've kind of lost optimism on that show too.

I'm kid of at the point where most of the show writers these days... well... suck.

Re: itch.io: NFTs a
Feb 7, 2022, 17:43
Re: itch.io: NFTs a Feb 7, 2022, 17:43
Feb 7, 2022, 17:43

roguebanshee wrote on Feb 7, 2022, 16:02:
Bodolza wrote on Feb 7, 2022, 15:52:
007Bistromath wrote on Feb 7, 2022, 15:45:
Your position begins with the assumption that the artist minted the NFT.
Which many are.

You can't possibly actually believe that; you must be aware of the staggering number of artists who refuse to engage with this technology.
And you must be aware of the staggering number of artists who ARE engaging with NFTs.
I've seen reports from less than a handfull of artists who voluntarily engaged with NFTs.

On the other hand, I've seen several hundred of artists complain about their art being illegally used for NFTs and the sites hosting that art ignoring any takedown requests.

Deviant Art has flagged as of December over 50,000 NFT art thefts.

Most Artists lose money on NFTs by paying minting fees or risk their art being used by NFT grifters from all the statistics I've seen.

Re: itch.io: NFTs a "Scam"
Feb 7, 2022, 17:37
Re: itch.io: NFTs a "Scam" Feb 7, 2022, 17:37
Feb 7, 2022, 17:37

Bodolza wrote on Feb 7, 2022, 17:28:
The Flying Penguin wrote on Feb 7, 2022, 16:05:
Meanwhile, as stated by others, scammers are screwing artists by 'selling' NFTs of their work without permission. Check out Scott Johnson's experience: https://twitter.com/scottjohnson/status/1463013115218386951

Yeah, there are lot's of scammers. What else is new in the world. The benefit of an NFT is that it's easy for the purchaser to verify if it's legitmate or not. They just need to look up the address of the artist and confirm that's where it came from. There is some burden on artists -- they need to post their public address so people can verify the source. I guess someone could steal their identity as well, but that's not exactly a problem unique to NFTs. It's very similar to PGP where a person's public key can be used to verify the source of the content.

Try doing that with the traditional method. You have to entirely rely on the word of the dealer, or find a way to contact the artist directly.

So the solution is to force artists to engage with NFTs or just assume their work will get stolen?

That's an ass solution and assumes that the participating buyer/seller/market for NFTs actually is doing that verification. It also assumes that there's a single blockchain that's used for proving ownership of artwork, which there isn't at this time, that there won't be competing blockchains which you can't promise, and that the verification code in the smart contract works which, well, it might not and fixing that is expensive and time consuming.

I'm really kind of astounded how crypto and NFTs have just kind of redefined the concept of stealing as being cool unless you completely dedicate your life to managing your presence on the blockchain. Like, most people have lives and want to do something other than hyper-focus on this shit.

Re: Saturday Metaverse
Feb 5, 2022, 23:34
Re: Saturday Metaverse Feb 5, 2022, 23:34
Feb 5, 2022, 23:34

Cutter wrote on Feb 5, 2022, 17:20:
Rogan's right, context is everything. That, however, doesn't matter one bit to the rabid left. Doubleplus good, eh comrades?

So there's a clip of Rogan saying that he and a friend went to watch Planet of the Apes and when the driver dropped them off it was in a black neighborhood, and Rogan described it as "we already were in Planet of the Apes, in Africa".

What context makes that okay?

Re: Activision: Union Could Prevent "Great Games"
Feb 1, 2022, 20:19
Re: Activision: Union Could Prevent "Great Games" Feb 1, 2022, 20:19
Feb 1, 2022, 20:19

Renegades Hang wrote on Feb 1, 2022, 18:50:
Bestselling historian and economist Tom Woods: "American workers had the eight-hour-day well before their much more heavily unionized counterparts in Europe did, and they earned much higher wages. Unionism never accounted for more than a third of the American labor force, and that was at its height."

"Labor historians and activists would doubtless be at a loss to explain why, at a time when unionism was numerically negligible (a whopping three percent of the American labor force was unionized by 1900) and federal regulation all but nonexistent, real wages in manufacturing climbed an incredible 50 percent in the United States from 1860—1890, and another 37 percent from 1890 to 1914, or why American workers were so much better off than their much more heavily unionized counterparts in Europe. Most of them seem to cope with these inconvenient facts by neglecting to mention them at all."
https://www.lewrockwell.com/2004/11/thomas-woods/unions-lie-and-so-do-their-supporters/

Economist Hunter Lewis: "Higher wages earned by unions actually come out of the pockets of other workers, not out of employers’ profits, a point that is now well established but still little understood."

Economist Walter Williams: "What truly protects workers as a group is competition, where many employers are competing for their services."
https://fee.org/articles/what-protects-consumers-and-workers/

Huh I wonder what economic activities happened between 1860 and 1890? I mean, for those kind of wage increases you'd almost have to... I dunno... Go through a massive war then completely reconstruct a decimated region that rivals most countries in size that had not really been industrialized recently, all while engaging in rapid, almost break-neck expansion into unclaimed territory.

Re: Sony Acquires Bungie
Jan 31, 2022, 19:35
Re: Sony Acquires Bungie Jan 31, 2022, 19:35
Jan 31, 2022, 19:35

The next thing Bungie comes out with is known to be a competitive multiplayer title designed for esports that has been four or five years in the making

Judging from how shit PVP is/was in Destiny 2 I'd be wary of Bungie nailing it but you never know I guess.
If it's another hero-based FPS shooter I'll laugh.
3494 Comments. 175 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    175  ] Older