Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for S Westberg

Real Name S Westberg   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Flatline
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 15, 2007, 19:09
Total Comments 3406 (Veteran)
User ID 34131

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Previews
2. Re: Retro Dust II Map Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Counter-Strike Sep 19, 2019, 14:21 Flatline

Finally finished the Doom reboot a few weeks ago. The game was tons of fun but by the end it felt like the game was also kind of on easy mode. The beginning was f*cking brutal.

Basically the pivot point for me was finding the super shotty. After that the game got way easier.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Borderlands 3 Released
59. Re: Retro Dust II Map Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Counter-Strike Sep 13, 2019, 22:40 Flatline

Kxmode wrote on Sep 13, 2019, 16:20:
Flatline wrote on Sep 13, 2019, 16:04:
Kxmode wrote on Sep 13, 2019, 15:31:
Customer: This looks exciting. I'd like to join the party!
2K/Gearbox: Show us your ticket.
*Customer shows a Steam ticket*
2K/Gearbox: Hahahaha. That's rich. Come back in a year. You can't join THIS party.
Customer:

No PC gamer should be okay with this blocked-off access level BS.

That is a *terrible* analogy.
"I want into the big concert"
"let's see your ticket"
"Here is my ticket to another concert"
"You need the right ticket to get in."
"Whaaaaah! I paid good money for this other ticket!"

Steam ticket? FFS the whining here is reaching critical mass.

It meant a year ago it didn't matter WHAT ticket you had because the game was available wherever because third-party exclusives didn't exist. "Tickets please" is something Epic created.

My analogy is perfect for the point expressed.

Except for you know... linux and consoles vs PC exclusives. BUT THAT'S SO DIFFERENT RIGHT???

Seriously it'd take a cheese factory to keep up with the whining in here. It's one of the major reasons I don't come here much any more. Grown ass adults having temper tantrums is boring.

Besides, even if they brought the game to steam you know most of the people complaining in here would still be whining about something else in the game. When Destiny announced it was going to steam there wasn't a celebration there was just people making the same lame ass 2 year old jokes and bitching about the game in an incarnation that hasn't existed in some time.

It seems like all everyone *does* is whine endlessly.

So like, have fun with your hyperbolic death of gaming as we know it melodrama. I'm going to go play some games and have fun.

News Comments > Borderlands 3 Released
39. Re: Retro Dust II Map Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Counter-Strike Sep 13, 2019, 16:04 Flatline

Kxmode wrote on Sep 13, 2019, 15:31:
Customer: This looks exciting. I'd like to join the party!
2K/Gearbox: Show us your ticket.
*Customer shows a Steam ticket*
2K/Gearbox: Hahahaha. That's rich. Come back in a year. You can't join THIS party.
Customer:

No PC gamer should be okay with this blocked-off access level BS.

That is a *terrible* analogy.
"I want into the big concert"
"let's see your ticket"
"Here is my ticket to another concert"
"You need the right ticket to get in."
"Whaaaaah! I paid good money for this other ticket!"

Steam ticket? FFS the whining here is reaching critical mass.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Retro Dust II Map Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Counter-Strike Sep 11, 2019, 18:24 Flatline

Cell phone iterations keep getting smaller and yet the cost to upgrade keeps getting larger.

I picked up a pixel 2 xl shortly after launch for almost 50% off and it basically is all the phone I need and then some. I plan to replace the battery at some point and keep using it for another 2-3 years after that.

I kind of like the rumor that the pixel4 is going to have a night sky setting but eh... not worth 1000 bucks.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Retro Dust II Map Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Counter-Strike Sep 11, 2019, 14:42 Flatline

Quit facebook a couple months ago and they finally deleted my profile a month ago. I finally got pushed over the edge after reading the articles from The Verge on the industrialized abuse that Facebook inflicts on it's video and image moderators. Even in training you have to watch like videos of people being stabbed to death and crap.

I can't be a part of that system it made me feel sick to my stomach.

Plus, I'm generally just happier now than I was when I let Facebook decide what life was supposed to look like for me.

News Comments > Borderland 3 Reviews
13. Re: Retro Dust II Map Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Counter-Strike Sep 9, 2019, 14:13 Flatline

jdreyer wrote on Sep 9, 2019, 12:42:
I'm wondering what innovations people were hoping for that would improve it over BL2. Other than setting, do series like BF and GTA really innovate version to version?

A tighter beginning would be nice. First time you play through BL2 is fine. Every time after that, that first act before you get to Sanctuary is just pain. Your guns are *wildly* inaccurate, you die constantly, and reloading is like 7 seconds long. Basically you needed to spam sniper rifle to make steady progress.

I get that getting better weapons is part of the game but the wacky weapons are what keep us coming back, not a rifle with reasonable reload or accuracy (I don't need both, just one of the two).

News Comments > Anthem Plans
2. Re: Retro Dust II Map Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Counter-Strike Sep 5, 2019, 19:50 Flatline

This is good news for all 8 people still playing I"m sure.  

News Comments > Rogue Company Announced
2. Re: Retro Dust II Map Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Counter-Strike Sep 5, 2019, 17:25 Flatline

I seriously lost interest about halfway through the first sentence. Also I think they totally ripped off Deadpool 2 in that early view trailer.  

News Comments > Alec Holowka Dead
67. Re: Retro Dust II Map Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Counter-Strike Sep 1, 2019, 21:18 Flatline

Beamer wrote on Sep 1, 2019, 19:42:
NKD wrote on Sep 1, 2019, 19:28:
Cutter wrote on Sep 1, 2019, 19:19:

So, you're perfectly fine with someone accusing you of being a pedophile in that case. You're not worried about the repercussions because it's not true, right? Try thinking these things through first, sport.

How do you suggest someone stop them from doing that?

Slander and libel laws. Which, incidentally, we have.

That might be where things go since NKD's basically nihilistic "what are ya gonna do? Mob followers of influencers are gonna mob justice!" attitude offers no solution.

And *right now* the groundwork is being laid. There's a number of cases suing the heads of white supremacist websites for ginning up mob justice and they're winning. I bet in 5 years you see that turned around. It'll be a fucking shitshow and for the record I don't think that'll be a good thing, but when you refuse to take a stand because you're literally afraid of the mob turning on you then that might be the only way forward.

This will get worse before it gets better.

66. Re: Retro Dust II Map Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Counter-Strike Sep 1, 2019, 21:11 Flatline

NKD wrote on Sep 1, 2019, 18:52:
Flatline wrote on Sep 1, 2019, 18:35:
And even setting aside suicide, does being a shitty person, as you limit this to, justify a personal and professional Armageddon? Maybe it does, but the speed that we go from accusation to DESTROY THE REST OF THEIR LIFE is disgusting.

It's not like there's any way to control the degree of the response. It's entirely based on how many people are listening to the person making the accusation, and the relative strength of the reputation of the person being accused. If someone with a ton of people listening to them wants to accuse you of some terrible shit, then I don't see how you can stop them. And if the accusations are true, it seems unspeakable to me to entertain the idea of silencing them.

So you're just cool with mob justice. JFC. That's some next level black pill shit. Your life hinges on not offending someone with a lot of followers on social media. And you see this as a good thing. Or at least an inevitable thing not to push back against.

More proof that leaving social media entirely is the right thing to do. Twitter is a malignant tumor on humanity.

36. Re: Retro Dust II Map Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Counter-Strike Sep 1, 2019, 18:35 Flatline

NKD wrote on Sep 1, 2019, 18:17:
Okay so in this situation, Alec Holowka was accused of abusive behavior in his relationship. From what I can tell, he wasn't even accused of anything illegal. Just shitty controlling behavior.

I see a lot of people in this thread and the previous ones parroting "Innocent until proven guilty" or "due process" and other shit like that. What is the "due process" for someone accused of something that is just shitty, rather than illegal?

What more could you possibly want beyond accusations and corroboration of the alleged behavior? You can't have a trial. No matter how guilty the person is, there will never be a definitive verdict. What's the standard of evidence you need to be able to let people know that someone is a piece of shit?

I see a lot of complaining about #MeToo and the state of things, but no one putting forward any alternatives besides an attitude that boils down to "Dont Believe Victims Without Video Evidence"

The last I'll say on this.

Okay but to turn it around, is zero tolerance the same as maximum punishment? In the span of 3 days an emotionally unstable guy literally had his entire public life and professional career ended by strangers. I've been suicidal depressed before and I can promise you if that lined up with me in a particularly dark state to begin with I'd probably kill myself too.

And even setting aside suicide, does being a shitty person, as you limit this to, justify a personal and professional Armageddon? Maybe it does, but the speed that we go from accusation to DESTROY THE REST OF THEIR LIFE is disgusting. Because shit gets wrong or is lied about. Remember Jussie Smollett? When his accusation of a beating came out everyone fucking went warp speed 9 on the racism and condemnation and the demand for justice. Then when it came out that he *might* have lied, even before the facts were established, the exact same people went warp speed 9 on wanting to destroy his life, even though they were 24 hours out from being 180 degrees flat fucking wrong. There's a reason our justice system isn't based on impulsive mob rage- it's scary shit and our government was designed to resist it.

There has to be some middle kind of ground. And part of that means not going WHARGARBL and demanding someone's life be sacrificed within 48 hours of an accusation coming forward. There also has to be a difference between zero tolerance and maximum punishment. I'm not wise enough to be the dictator of those delineations, but neither is most of the rest of the mob shouting for blood.

34. Re: Retro Dust II Map Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Counter-Strike Sep 1, 2019, 18:24 Flatline

Edit: Nevermind I'm done with this topic.  

News Comments > Destiny 2 Steam Migration Nears
8. Re: Retro Dust II Map Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Counter-Strike Sep 1, 2019, 18:03 Flatline

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 1, 2019, 10:33:
The shooting mechanics are tight, the movement is a bit floaty, the powers are a bit underwhelming, the loot is mostly blah. Grinding encouraged.

*EDIT* Seems a little unclear from the descriptions, but some of the expansions/seasons from battle.net are NOT going to be in the steam version? Or does that new Expansion cover ALL previous expansions?

Basically it looks like if you missed out on Curse of Osirus, Warmind, Forsaken, you have to buy them off Battle.net before Oct 1st or you cannot get them on Steam? No granular options to just buy Forsaken or whatever seem to exist either. Oh well.

Nope. All players get year 1, CoO & Warmind & all that content for free on October 1st.

Forsaken will be it's own purchase I believe after launch or right now under bnet. I loved forsaken, and the annual pass added some seriously tasty content.
Forsaken content available in Destiny 2: New Light includes:
Free Roam on all Destinations
Strikes Playlists
Crucible Playlists
Gambit and Gambit Prime Playlists
Select Annual Pass content

Which is basically everything except the end game shit and the campaign. They'll probably include the Menagerie and maybe the black armory forges but it's hard to tell.

Free version also gets open roam on the moon from Shadowkeep, the strikes, crucible, and gambit playlists.

Paid shadowkeep includes the campaign & end game content plus 1 3 month "season" of content that ends and retires (some of that campaign will come back in the loot tables). Further seasons will drop for about 10 bucks a pop. You get an accelerated loot schedule if you drop the money and get access to a few modes you wouldn't otherwise get.

As for shitty weapons, that's generally going to be the case for all of the original game. Year 1 weapons are mostly shit. There's a few exceptions circa Warmind and a couple CoO weapons that aren't completely asstastic. Starting with Forsaken the weapons went with the 2.0 where modding became more interesting and most of the exotics got a buff pass. Since Forsaken dropped there have been some psychotic exotics that have dropped and in addition there are now pinnacle weapons- legendaries that don't use up your exotic allotment but still have unique attributes to them.

There's still a significant grind. I think you have to kill something like 3000 mobs to drop an exotic, but with pinnacle weapons, menagerie, and a few other modes, I don't feel like I'm chasing exotics any more.

Shadowkeep is going to completely redo armor, and if I'm not mistaken, introduce transmorg so you can actually look like what you like and get the stats you want. There's a moderately deep armor mod system too that it looks like you slot mods you earn into the armor and level the armor up to get more power for more armor slots. Should be interesting.

And finally, if you haven't played end game Destiny, go to the recruiting subreddit and find a casual clan to join. The raids are a blast. Menagerie is basically a mini-raid where you never wipe, you just cycle through challenges until you score enough points to engage the boss, and it's a good teaser for what raiding is like. Raid is a ton of fun and so far each raid has been really unique in the mechanics.

Finally, they're redoing the microtransaction store so that more cosmetics are behind the paywall. I'm okay with this. So far they've managed to include 3 secret missions that lead to psychotically good (for their era) exotics off of the cosmetic transactions. I'm fine putting more cosmetics behind that paywall if they stick to that.

7. Re: Retro Dust II Map Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Counter-Strike Sep 1, 2019, 17:49 Flatline

jdreyer wrote on Aug 31, 2019, 12:22:
I picked this up free and have yet to play it. Guess I had better get on it. I haven't logged into Battle.net for a while.

If you haven't played it just sign up on October 1st on Steam. The only reason to play it now is to move a pre-existing character over to Steam.

More content unlocks for the free tier on October 1st.

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 Beta Delay
28. Re: Retro Dust II Map Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Counter-Strike Sep 1, 2019, 17:47 Flatline

jdreyer wrote on Sep 1, 2019, 09:01:
Slashman wrote on Aug 31, 2019, 19:56:
This isn't even funny anymore...

Who are the yahoos who keep giving this moron money?

I'm part of the problem, sorry. Grandma died last year and left me $30K. So in her honor, I went out and picked up the Legatus Package. I just couldn't help myself. It was like I was watching someone else do it from the third person when I clicked the "purchase" button. I don't know what came over me. But I'm in all the way now. I'm living in Robert's universe to the hilt.

Actually, just kidding.

Apparently they have a *concierge* level for spending over a thousand dollars. That is fucking insane.

2. Re: Retro Dust II Map Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Counter-Strike Aug 31, 2019, 01:32 Flatline

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Aug 30, 2019, 23:31:
What a cluster fuck... Destiny 2 was a milk run and about a 1/5th the content of Destiny 1 in release and now these assholes quit Activision (which is good) so everyone has to move their shit manually? Like why do I have to re-sign up for this?

Oh for fuck sake do you want some cheese with your whine?
You log in with your battle.net creds, you associate with your steam account, you wipe hands on pants. Literally takes 15 seconds. And as for why you have to log in I doubt Bungie is a fucking mind-reader and knows your steam account. Christ.

And it's obvious you aren't playing destiny these days if you're still bitching about launch content. The game has changed massively since then and is about to change massively again. The bitching about how much D2 sucked became out of date and blase literally a year ago.

News Comments > Battlestar Galactica Deadlock: Resurrection and Command Update Launch
7. Re: Retro Dust II Map Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Counter-Strike Aug 30, 2019, 13:14 Flatline

So if you're sitting on the game, this patch makes a big difference in playability. It lets you select ships and create squadrons like any normal RTS. Worth taking a peek at.

I went back and read some strategy on the game and adjusted how I play it and while my tactics are kind of boring they're *way* more efficient now. The 7 cap ship limit though is kind of painful.

News Comments > Get DiRT Rally for Free
4. Re: Retro Dust II Map Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Counter-Strike Aug 30, 2019, 12:04 Flatline

This is a *hardcore* simulator. If you've got a wheel and pedals it is an intense game. Slick is right, you need to tune your car or download tuning profiles. Otherwise it's a blast to play. For free it's a steal.

Don't give a shit about VR but I guess it doesn't support Vive.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Year 3 Details
1. Re: Retro Dust II Map Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Counter-Strike Aug 30, 2019, 11:57 Flatline

The roadmap is actually pretty cool. Destiny is in a good place, the shooting feels as tasty as ever, and while this basically makes the game an MMO/cost about as much as an MMO, their shifting business model supposedly will allow for a lot more content drops.  

News Comments > Battlestar Galactica Deadlock: Resurrection and Command Update Launch
4. Re: Retro Dust II Map Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Counter-Strike Aug 29, 2019, 13:19 Flatline

Burrito of Peace wrote on Aug 29, 2019, 11:26:
I bought the base game when it came out and it was quite disappointed. I recently tried to replay it and while it had improved some, it was still the clunky, flat experience it had always been.

Had they done a Homeworld style game with the BSG IP, that would have been awesome.

I'm more open to it than I was at launch with the radio chatter DLC and some quality of life improvements but there seem to be plateaus of difficulty increase that blow. The Cylons just introduced a ship that eradicates squadrons of fighters in about 10 seconds and has enough firepower on them to take out two frigates who are force firing on them.They're also faster and more maneuverable and seem to be tougher than any of my ships and it made me ragequit and I haven't been back since.

3406 Comments. 171 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo