Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for S Westberg

Real Name S Westberg   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Flatline
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 15, 2007, 19:09
Total Comments 2750 (Senior)
User ID 34131

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Elite Dangerous May Drop Win32 and DX10
33. Re: Elite Dangerous May Drop Win32 and DX10 Sep 20, 2016, 17:45 Flatline

I'm curious how many people are running 32-bit binaries of Elite because reasons/ignorance and not because they're running 32-bit windows?

I agree with the earlier post though. It's absurd that you can still order a 32-bit version of windows 10.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
5. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 8, 2016, 15:36 Flatline

ItBurn wrote on Sep 8, 2016, 11:22:
But noone plays the game anymore.

Yeah imagine if they actually managed a simultaneous launch. They would have sold a bajillion of them.

News Comments > CD Projekt Worth $1B
15. Re: CD Projekt Worth $1B Aug 29, 2016, 23:04 Flatline

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 29, 2016, 20:24:
Why did the arguably better game not sell more copies than the worse game in the same genre from five years ago?

Dude do you remember the ad campaign for Skyrim? They saturated almost every media with ads for the game.

If CDPR dropped a hundred million on advertising their game, the numbers might have been closer.

News Comments > Rocksmith 2014 Edition - Remastered Announced
7. Re: DOOM? Aug 26, 2016, 14:36 Flatline

Bodolza wrote on Aug 26, 2016, 12:53:
I just hope this update doesn't break compatibility with the thousands of community-made tracks on customforge.

Amen to that. Probably not though they could have patched that out ages ago if they really wanted to.

News Comments > Rocksmith 2014 Edition - Remastered Announced
6. Re: Rocksmith 2014 Edition - Remastered Announced Aug 26, 2016, 14:35 Flatline

afka Rossini wrote on Aug 25, 2016, 22:32:
This is a fun tool for learning guitar (and bass) parts. I wish they would have added the 'career' mode that was available in the original, original Rocksmith (i.e. not the original Rocksmith 2014). Adding some Van Halen or Led Zeppelin DLC tracks would open my wallet and crank my PC speakers up to 110%.

There is a massively thriving customDLC scene for Rocksmith.

http://customsforge.com/

You'll find Van Halen & Led Zeppelin in there. THey take down tracks that have official versions but otherwise there are thousands of tracks. You need to own Cherub Rock DLC though for it to work.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Patch Details and Plans
49. Re: No Man's Sky Patch Details and Plans Aug 25, 2016, 01:04 Flatline

Reactor wrote on Aug 23, 2016, 01:23:
It's amazing how much refund dummy spitting is going on about this game. $60 is hardly a massive sum of money (for anyone that chose to buy it in the first place) and the game has plenty to see past the two hour mark. If the game didn't work for you, fair enough. But that said, a little patience and a patch later and you might have been up and running quick smart.

To be fair, a little patience and a few patches later, and the game probably will be had for 30 bucks instead of 60. Why should I give devs more money than a game is worth and then not play it?

48. Re: No Man's Sky Patch Details and Plans Aug 25, 2016, 01:03 Flatline

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 24, 2016, 18:15:
KilrathiAce wrote on Aug 24, 2016, 16:39:
I am still shocked that people were so hyped(this was supposedly most hyped game ever) over this pile of garbage. I never followed this much or even knew its coming, but after I seen it, I am wondering how did this get so much hype? lol Its pure pile of garbage.

Because you can go from planet to planet, land on planet, no load screens. It is basically god just being able to do that... they act like.

I remember when Dungeon Siege was big news because it had no loading screens once you got into the game.

47. Re: No Man's Sky Patch Details and Plans Aug 25, 2016, 01:02 Flatline

Rigs wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 18:16:
Angry Joe just put up his review (yesterday) and...pretty much summed up everything that's been said so far from each side and corner of every camp surrounding this game. I don't think anyone can really put this whole disaster into better terms. He got me to the point that >I< wanted to march right over to 'Hello Games', grab Sean Murray and shake the shit out of him, asking 'What the fuck were you thinking, man?!? Where's the rest of the game?!'...*points to the trailers playing on screen* 'Where is that game?!?'

Check it if you haven't already... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTTPlqK8AnY

=-Rigs-=

On the other side of things there's a kotaku article about how it's the public's fault for building up NMS to be some kind of ultimate god game. It pretty much glosses over the years worth of promises and demos on screen that the devs put out and blames players for expecting things they were told repeatedly would be there, as well as what was shown in demos.

It was insulting, smug, and pissed me off. I don't even own the game and I feel like the article managed to insult me. So I scrolled up to see who wrote it.

Seeing Nathan Grayson's name there suddenly made it make a lot more sense. I think the dude hates the industry he works in.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
2. Re: Evening Interviews Aug 25, 2016, 00:54 Flatline

I tried to watch... I really did.

I made it like 30 seconds. I don't think I even got to where they started interviewing her before I turned it off. Bad dubstep and dudes in grippies underwear with a unicorn mask on. I think that sums her up pretty succinctly.

I ran out of fucks to give and turned it off.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
13. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 23, 2016, 15:31 Flatline

Pigeon wrote on Aug 23, 2016, 15:27:
The problems I see are as follows:

If you don't have easy access to a stop you're SOL. Your lucky if the distance tracker grabs half of what you actually do. The nearby thing doesn't really work. Many stops and gyms are in places that are dangerous or require trespassing. GPS spoofing is easy and makes most of the previously mentioned problems non-existant, but it ruins the game in other ways. The pay system is expensive when you considered how fast you would go through the materials (specially if you don't have access to a stop, aka players not in an urban area are screwed.)

Not to mention the thing eats my goddamn phone battery for lunch.

Plus I found it boring compared to geocaching.

News Comments > The Descendant for OS X
1. Re: The Descendant for OS X Aug 22, 2016, 11:22 Flatline

Does it take place in Hawaii in the aftermath of a boating accident?  

News Comments > Mother Russia Bleeds Next Month
1. Re: Mother Russia Bleeds Next Month Aug 10, 2016, 18:47 Flatline

Mother Russia do not suffer
I know you're bold enough
I've been around the world
and I have seen your love

News Comments > StarCraft HD Next Month?
11. Re: StarCraft II HD Next Month? Aug 5, 2016, 13:02 Flatline

Sure why not? Blizzard is basically porting every idea they ever had into every other game they make.

I expect to see Demon Hunters in Overwatch in the next year.

News Comments > More Overwatch Bans
28. Re: More Overwatch Bans Aug 2, 2016, 19:34 Flatline

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 2, 2016, 08:41:
DarkCntry wrote on Aug 2, 2016, 03:56:
Kajetan wrote on Aug 2, 2016, 03:22:
And it will solve nothing. People will buy new keys, register new accounts and simply keep on cheating.

But hey, at least you lot got a giggle out of this

Except Blizzard has been hardware locking people...so buy all the keys you want and they'll find themselves still banned

If true, MY giggle just got gigglier, giggity.

If they were truly wicked they'd let you buy the game and play it for like 2 hours before instituting the ban again.

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Fly Week
34. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Week Jul 17, 2016, 22:28 Flatline

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jul 17, 2016, 14:36:
Right now the game isn't great. Arena Commander performs well and has a decent selection of ships but the Persistent Universe has serious server related performance issues and the gameplay is rather limited at the moment. However, that's to be expected from an alpha game. Optimisation comes much later into developer, we don't even have DX12 support yet and the netcode rework will address a lot of the current issues. The big release will be 2.7 later this year, which includes procedural generation and will see the scope of the universe expand significantly.

I never got the game to run in any of it's variants beyond that chat hub thing they released and the hangar. 1 frame per minute performance as soon as arena commander booted up. I don't know if it's working any better or not now because frankly, if I update and agree to the TOS, I give up a lot of rights and I refuse to do that. But from my research I think you needed to run the game off of a SSD and I really don't feel like doing that.

And how many times are they going to rewrite the netcode? They've been "rewriting" it for years now. I'm aware of at least 2-3 big delays while they "rewrote the netcode".

News Comments > Ghostbusters Game Released
6. Re: Ghostbusters Game Released Jul 13, 2016, 11:34 Flatline

Task wrote on Jul 13, 2016, 09:29:
Just taking a guess, but I assume it's not as good as the actual Ghostbusters 3 movie, I.e. that XBox game that was made a while ago with the original actors providing their voices.

That was... not great. Decent, even fun at times, but not great. I would have preferred the ghosts to be more puzzle-like instead of action/combat, the haunts to be creepier, and for there to be less retread of the movies.

Dan Aykroyd sadly isn't the writer that he used to be. And Bill Murray sounded like he was bored out of his skull by the whole thing. It was missing a lot of the zing that Ghostbusters had. Though, I supposed, you could say the same about Ghostbusters 2.

Still, the first time you light up the proton pack, it's a pretty great moment.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 10, 2016, 17:43 Flatline

DangerDog wrote on Jul 10, 2016, 17:36:
https://www.dealzon.com/deals/doom

50% off on Doom, almost bought it during the steam sale but didn't.

They have some secret rooms that are textured with original Doom graphics, the contrast between then and now is rather mind blowing.

Thanks for the heads up.

I pulled the trigger on it. Been wanting to play it and 28 bucks, the price is right.

News Comments > Op Ed
15. Re: Op Ed Jul 10, 2016, 17:34 Flatline

Beamer wrote on Jul 10, 2016, 17:20:
HorrorScope wrote on Jul 10, 2016, 13:40:
I think it has happened again, almost certain and it is one of my fav's here at Blues and probably is the reason why Blue's post Cliffski blogs. For commenter's to mistaken him for Cliffy B.

On topic, are people really struggling with reviews these days? There are several ways to get info on a game from several sources of written word from industry and gamers to youtube to streams. Personally if there is a problem here, I'm not sure why or why to care.

I don't see anyone making that mistake. Cliffski has been less popular than CliffyB here for quite some time. It's part of why he never comes here anymore. The tide turned against him.

I have this vague recollection of him getting whiny and pissy over people not really enjoying gratuitous space battles. Then he bitched and moaned that 20-30 for an indie budgeted game was not nearly enough money. I kind of discounted him at that point.

Anyone trying to pitch a product to me that bitches and moans about how I'm not a good enough customer to my face isn't going to get my respect, money, or much attention.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
6. Re: Saturday Mobilization Jul 9, 2016, 15:34 Flatline

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 9, 2016, 13:25:
Pokemon Go is quite ingenious to get people to explore nature (haha).. now if only it would launch in Germany....

I read an interview years and years ago with the creator of pokemon. He said that the inspiration for the game was that he used to go exploring as a kid and find all kinds of little bugs and critters and things and he loved the sense of discovery.

As he grew up, he realized that urban kids didn't get the same kind of opportunity for adventure and exploration, so he came up with pokemon.

So in a weird way, this might be the closest to the original inspiration for pokemon that we've ever seen.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
5. Re: Saturday Mobilization Jul 9, 2016, 15:33 Flatline

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 9, 2016, 15:24:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 9, 2016, 13:25:
Pokemon Go is quite ingenious to get people to explore nature (haha).. now if only it would launch in Germany....

Yeah there is another game app that does this where you pick a faction and there are places all over the globe where you go to and take for your own and then they can come take it back. There was more to it than that, but you could see the draw of a scavenger hunt for many. When I saw what Go was all about, I could see they piggy backed off that idea.

Same dev. You're thinking of Ingress.

2750 Comments. 138 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo