Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for S Westberg

Real Name S Westberg   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Flatline
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 15, 2007, 19:09
Total Comments 3253 (Veteran)
User ID 34131

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 12, 2018, 13:54 Flatline

Task wrote on Dec 12, 2018, 10:39:
They are upset at aggregate trending that people search over and over. That isn't bias. Ted Lieu said it best in that hearing.

They are actively requesting that google tilt the search engine to better reflect the echo chamber they live in. Since they swim in a tank where Sean Hannity is the Prophet of the Trump and Tucker Carlson is the bridge to their white supremacist base, they assume that out in the real world when they don't see the Fox style narrative dominant that Google *must* be biased, because it would never occur that these viewpoints are a relative minority.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Anthem Demo in February
17. Re: Anthem Demo in February Dec 7, 2018, 17:12 Flatline

Rhett wrote on Dec 7, 2018, 15:08:
I don't have high hopes either, but I figure it's worth trying (their subscription service). I, too, got into the alpha this weekend though, and I'm curious.

I do like the Destiny 2 model somewhat, with the guns and the ARPG elements. Would be nice to have alternatives.

Considering that Bungie has access to the folks who reworked the Diablo 3 loot tables for Reaper of Souls and made the game more fun again, it always confuses me how shallow the loot table is for Destiny 2.

News Comments > Blood Rerelease Plans
9. Re: Blood Rerelease Plans Dec 7, 2018, 16:59 Flatline

Xero wrote on Dec 7, 2018, 12:12:
Niiice. I wonder if we'll see "SIN" get a remake or Kingpin Life of a Crime? Remember those? I owned that plus it's expansion pack. Still have the jewel cases and cds. Aaah the late 90s FPS.

I remember quietly downloading the demo for Kingpin overnight on my 56k modem. It was the first file that was over 100 megs I ever downloaded. I had to wake up before my parents to disconnect the modem so they wouldn't skin me alive for leaving it on all night.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
13. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 4, 2018, 19:21 Flatline

jdreyer wrote on Dec 4, 2018, 14:19:
I got a $100 Amazon Fire HD last year. I use it pretty much exclusively to watch vids while i run on the treadmill.

Same here. I also use it as it's just big enough to use for music without having to boot up the laptop.

News Comments > MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries in September
35. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries in September Dec 3, 2018, 12:32 Flatline

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 2, 2018, 20:08:
Orogogus wrote on Dec 2, 2018, 15:41:
I agree with Primalchrome, I think the Mechwarrior IP is one of the most toxic around, and if it were me I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole.

Man there seems to be too many franchises that have this toxicity. People and there overblown seriousness towards games.

Battletech is one of the original neckbeard grognard intolerant toxic game IPs out there and has had that reputation for decades. For me it's an interesting look into the cyclical nature of history.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: etc. Nov 29, 2018, 16:09 Flatline

What is it about being an online personality that necessitates that you act like a racist, sexist, or antisemitic?  

News Comments > Starsiege Tribes Turns 20 This Week
7. Re: Starsiege Tribes Turns 20 This Week Nov 27, 2018, 13:42 Flatline

Tribes was quite possibly one of the best online multiplayer games ever.

It's the main game we played for years at the LAN party I went to.

Which led to a job a the internet cafe we met at

Which led to me taking networking courses

Which led to my career.

I literally owe most of my adult life to Starsiege Tribes.

News Comments > Sid Meier's Civilization VI: Gathering Storm Announced
11. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization VI: Gathering Storm Announced Nov 21, 2018, 14:30 Flatline

Darks wrote on Nov 21, 2018, 08:27:
Ozmodan wrote on Nov 20, 2018, 23:26:
The last DLC was so bad I uninstalled it for 6.

After reading what the new DLC has, it is even worse than the first one.

What the hell is wrong with Firaxas?

Actually, the War-machine Scenario sounds really kewl. If you start out at the start or WWII then this could be a lot of fun.

That's World War 1, not World War 2. A lot more static.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 20, 2018, 11:52 Flatline

He should have named the effort of launching the BFR into space the "Punch" so that he could repeatedly Falcon Punch the international space station.  

News Comments > Cliff Bleszinski: "I am NEVER making another game"
35. Re: Cliff Bleszinski: Nov 16, 2018, 14:33 Flatline

VaranDragon wrote on Nov 16, 2018, 14:19:
Blue wrote on Nov 16, 2018, 13:34:
Primalchrome wrote on Nov 16, 2018, 12:52:
With the narcissistic posts in the past, I take this with a grain of salt. It would take a public release of his financials for me to do more than assume this is hyperbole.

The company had a large staff. I think it's safe to say we'd hear some grousing from some of them (perhaps anonymously) if they felt he was exaggerating how well he treated them.

There is one other thing. Can you actually legally pay your employees if the company has already gone under? I don't know how this works in the States but in most european countries, you can only pay your employees from the company account. If you do it privately it's not a salary and legally can't be considered as such. It's basically charity, can't be taxed, can't be declared etc. You could inject your personal capital into the company so it meets it's obligations, and I suspect this is what he has done so that the company could continue to pay salaries, office bills, tax etc.

Having rode the bomb down Dr Strangelove style a few times with collapsing companies what probably ends up happening is that Cliffy gave an unsecured (or maybe secured who knows) loan to the company to be paid back under X conditions or for X% of the company or whatever. There was no expectation of getting his money back in reality, and it basically became a gift/investment in the company and the company paid bills out of the company account.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 16, 2018, 14:28 Flatline

Who the f*ck is Armie Hammer?
*googles*
Oh, he was The Lone Ranger. No wonder I don't know who he is.

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Nov 15, 2018, 13:14 Flatline

Wow. Sounds like I missed out.  

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Nov 15, 2018, 12:00 Flatline

Isn't that the game that you had to look down at your character's boobs to see how much health you had left?  

News Comments > Fallout 76 Launches Early
21. Re: Fallout 76 Launches Early Nov 14, 2018, 17:02 Flatline

Prez wrote on Nov 14, 2018, 09:30:
I fall into the weird dichotomy of simultaneously being one of the "Fuck Bethesda" crowd and a Bethesda fanboy. I love how they make games like Skyrim and Fallout 4. But fuck them for not fixing ANY of the long-running, extremely well-known bugs (many game-breaking) for years but having no problem re-releasing the game multiple times for extra profit. But then again, hardly anyone is making games like that anymore so I still love them.

That's changing with Fallout 76. A series of terrible design decisions with very few upsides - I only feel disappointment. Damn Bethesda - sometimes I hate myself for loving you.

Funny, I found Fallout 4 to be the game that killed Fallout for me. I have zero interest in the series at this point, and until they do something impressive with 5 I suspect I'm done with it.

News Comments > BioWare on More Mass Effect
17. Re: BioWare on More Mass Effect Nov 8, 2018, 15:19 Flatline

Kxmode wrote on Nov 8, 2018, 15:13:
Why is there an N7 Day? I mean I like Mass Effect, but it's not that big, and I wager the IP took a hit with Andromeda. I liked Andromeda's story, but the antagonist was nowhere as threating as the Reapers from the ME trilogy.

Was there even an N7 day last year? I don't remember there being one. Sounds like someone dreamed it up to keep the IP on life support.

I'm done with ME though. I played ME1-3 and it told a story and even though the ending blew chunks many of the stories leading *up* to the ending of 3 were magnificent (I'm looking at Mordin and the genophage story in particular, even Tali's story was sweet and moving). Basically, anything the head writer *didn't* touch was worthwhile and even splendid.

But it ended. I'm done. Moving on. There's no more story to tell. I mean technically there's plenty of room in the ME setting but to me without Shepard and the reapers it's kind of a generic sci fi setting and a new IP could probably better serve.

News Comments > OVERKILL's The Walking Dead Shambles Out
8. Re: OVERKILL's The Walking Dead Shambles Out Nov 7, 2018, 15:34 Flatline

I thought that guns attracted zombies in The Walking Dead. It was always a trade off.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
6. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 7, 2018, 15:22 Flatline

Prez wrote on Nov 7, 2018, 12:00:
Retired wrote on Nov 7, 2018, 10:17:
Why robocalls have taken over your phone.

Lobbyists. Thank your lawmaker.

Spam/Robocall centers are as bad as rapists, child molesters, murderers, people who talk on their phone in the theater, and Electronic Arts. Okay, not really, but they all make me equally as angry. I get a minimum of 7 of these calls a day. My phone's block list is over 200 numbers large yet the calls keep coming. It's maddening.

Yeah I get 5-7 a day too. Google's vanilla android catches about half of them. I wish android would introduce a whitelist option, where if it wasn't coming from a number in your contacts, it goes straight to voicemail.

What's interesting is I've moved cities, but kept my cell number the same. I get all my robocalls from the new area code. I'm not sure how they know I'm in a new area code. It makes filtering easy though, since I only expect like 3 numbers from this area code these days.

News Comments > Blizzard Denies Pulling Diablo 4 Tease
6. Re: Blizzard Denies Pulling Diablo 4 Tease Nov 6, 2018, 14:00 Flatline

Avus wrote on Nov 6, 2018, 12:17:
Stupid Blizzard fans pay stupid $$ for the stupid Blizzcon, of course Blizzard is going to milk them. Blizzard is the EXPERT on milking.

Considering how expensive Blizzcon is, saving a 3rd party licensed mobile game for your #1 news announcement seems pretty stupid to me.

News Comments > Rumor: Blizzard Pulled a Diablo 4 Announcement
34. Re: Hmm Nov 6, 2018, 12:30 Flatline

Doombringer wrote on Nov 6, 2018, 08:58:
I don't know, I'm calling BS on this.

Starcraft 2 has been out forever and there's no SC 3 announcement. Really, there doesn't "have" to be, as SC 2 still a fine game that can be expanded upon. So is Diablo 3.

Diablo 4 would be like Blizzard announcing a World of Warcraft 2, or an Overwatch 2. It's not supremely necessary to increment the "counter" by one right now. I could be very, very wrong, but Blizz in recent years hasn't been one to throw out sequels for the sake of it.

I do believe that Diablo has been in development turmoil however. Apparently it's enough to have some higher-up think a quick cash grab of a Mobile title, leveraging NetEase, would be enough to mollify players. It's done the exact opposite.

SC2 took six years for it to release all 3 episodes. Legacy of the void came out a little over 3 years ago. It essentially got overhauled twice in the process.

Diablo 3 came out in 2012 and it needs a fundamental update. The gameplay is stale and ARPGs and loot fests like Destiny 2, The Division, and even Borderlands & path of exile and other APGs have changed the landscape of the genre. It is a six year old game after all.

News Comments > Rumor: Blizzard Pulled a Diablo 4 Announcement
33. Re: Rumor: Blizzard Pulled a Diablo 4 Announcement Nov 6, 2018, 11:52 Flatline

Prez wrote on Nov 6, 2018, 08:40:
As much as I hate to agree with a shitrag like Kotaku, they are exactly right. Hell even a 7 second splash screen with a Diablo4 logo would have almost completely diffused the situation immediately. Is it just me or has Blizzard forgotten how to business?

Anyway, while I get that the art direction change doesn't sit well with fans of Diablo 2, and the story is kind of pants, I wholeheartedly disagree that Diablo 3 hasn't evolved into a proper Diablo game once it was unfucked. It is full of content, endlessly replayabe, pretty balanced, fun as hell, and feels like a Diablo game. Is it as good as Diablo 2? No, but it still is a great game in my opinion. All I need for it now is for Blizzard to patch in an offline mode once a new Diablo becomes the new hotness.

Dude a fiery number 4 in diablo font and maybe the guitar strum we all have burned into our memories would have been enough to sustain a year's worth of hype.

3253 Comments. 163 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo