Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for S Westberg

Real Name S Westberg   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Flatline
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 15, 2007, 19:09
Total Comments 2767 (Senior)
User ID 34131

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Shadow Warrior 2 Free DLC
8. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Free DLC Dec 9, 2016, 12:33 Flatline

I ended up refunding it on steam because I had such bad stuttering and jittering in the game I couldn't play it.

Apparently there is potentially a way to fix it but I really don't want to bother with it.

Too bad. I was looking forward to it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > No Man's Sky Patched
8. Re: No Man's Sky Patched Dec 7, 2016, 14:36 Flatline

Is this the patch that adds gameplay to the game?  

News Comments > MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Announced
45. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 5, 2016, 12:19 Flatline

GinRummy wrote on Dec 4, 2016, 13:33:
I know Mechwarrior and Battletech are not the same thing, although they get to fight with big robots. There was a sucessful Kickstarter for a new Battletech game for the PC a while ago which is still in the works, at http://battletechgame.com/

Actually they're set in the same universe. Mechwarrior is just the sim game.

News Comments > MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Announced
44. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Announced Dec 5, 2016, 12:18 Flatline

Overon wrote on Dec 5, 2016, 11:12:
I have a bias against PGI. The shitshow that was MWO which is little more than a Mech buying simulator with team deathmatch, turned me off. The way that Russ Bullock the leader of PGI lied and misrepresented reality, has made me think that he is a hack. So I'm not a fan. I can go into the long litany of lies and misrepresentations but I won't. That trailer is not impressive. Why would a light Mech that didn't even exist in the lore at the time, fight one on one toe to toe against a medium Mech? The premise of the video doesn't make sense. This has all the hallmark of the PGI hacks and Russ Bullock at the helm. PGI has a bad reputation for good reasons, look at their track record. Don't preorder and take what they say and their claims with a grain of salt.

That's okay. Harebrained is working hard on deploying their battletech game. Sure it won't be a first person sim but it's coming along well and unlike a lot of old school devs Jordan Weisman seems like a pretty decent producer for someone who created Battletech in the early 80's.

News Comments > Steep Released
4. Re: Steep Released Dec 2, 2016, 15:40 Flatline

descender wrote on Dec 2, 2016, 15:04:
Is anyone playing this? I so desperately long for a new snowboarding game.

I actually really miss the SSX series. SSX Tricky was probably the most fun because it was batshit insane comic book snowboarding, but SSX3 was a lot of fun too. Some of those runs from the peak top down to the bottom took like 20 minutes it was great.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 23, 2016, 12:49 Flatline

Cutter wrote on Nov 23, 2016, 12:00:
What makes you think Putin won't do it now that his pal Don is in charge? I'm sure if he asks nicely the Rooskies will do just that. If I was Snow I'd be looking to head to Argentina or something PDQ!

Do you think Snowden is in Russia by choice? He was on his way... Somewhere I can't remember where specifically. But his passport was yanked by the US while he was in transition in Moscow. Russia granted him asylum but he can't really leave the country without a passport.

I'm not actually sure how Germany intends to get him to actually show up when he legally can't leave the country.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
5. Re: Sunday Metaverse Nov 21, 2016, 18:30 Flatline

Nailbender wrote on Nov 21, 2016, 12:45:
In other news, Napster suddenly comes back to some Blue's News readers consciousness after 17 years.

(Seriously, did anyone here know it still exists?)

Last I heard many years ago some private company had bought it and turned it into something... I couldn't remember what it was.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
4. Re: Sunday Metaverse Nov 21, 2016, 18:30 Flatline

NetHead wrote on Nov 21, 2016, 02:20:
raVen wrote on Nov 21, 2016, 00:26:
Metallica can still suck it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIuR5TNyL8Y [NSFW: Language]

I can sympathise with someone trying to get their content off a sharing platform, them being asses about it is on themselves though.

Especially considering for years before they encouraged their fans to pirate... I mean ahem... "share" bootleg tapes of their music to grow their numbers.

That was right around when they basically sold out hardcore anyway. Load was popular but pretty poppy and everything after that pretty much death-marched it's way to the bank.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 11, 2016, 14:09 Flatline

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 11, 2016, 11:44:
On the election, can we just blame Zuckerberg.

I'd appreciate the option inside Facebook for "educate me" vs "Echo chamber".

So if you put "educate me" for example the algorithm attempts to spotlight a broad spectrum of information and viewpoints, while "echo chamber" is pretty much what it does now.

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Free Mech
1. Re: MechWarrior Online Free Mech Nov 11, 2016, 11:33 Flatline

I was an early adopter and enjoyed it enough to drop a little money on it. I left pissed off after some of their pay2win decisions and one long period where I couldn't even launch the goddamn game any more.

Eff these guys.

News Comments > More BlizzCon Announcement Details
2. Re: More BlizzCon Announcement Details Nov 4, 2016, 19:31 Flatline

"So what's the difference fundamentally between the Witch Doctor and the Necromancer?"

"Setting fluff! And they're more goth really."

Sigh. Nice to see Blizzard schlepping under the bar again.

News Comments > 10 Million Play The Crew
7. Re: 10 Million Play The Crew Nov 4, 2016, 14:53 Flatline

yuastnav wrote on Nov 4, 2016, 14:24:
I played it for a few hours. The handling is abysmal. I like open world games but I cannot see myself playing this. I just hope that the handling in Horizon 3 is better but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Next racer I'll probably try is Assetto Corsa. Project Cars' handling is pretty good but there are still some problems like brakes never locking up etc.

It's an arcade racer. As you level up and upgrade the car the handling gets better. But you have to drive shit for a while. If you're looking at Assetto Corsa you're in a completely different genre.

News Comments > 10 Million Play The Crew
4. Re: 10 Million Play The Crew Nov 4, 2016, 12:15 Flatline

Creston wrote on Nov 4, 2016, 10:57:
10 million in total have tried it, sure. I mean, it was free on the Xbox, free on the PC. People will definitely give it a go.

But actual people playing was maybe a few hundred on the xbone.

That said, it's a fun, though flawed, game. For free, it's a no-brainer.

The story is terribad.

And I really don't like how F2P the expansion feels. There's all these integrations and shit and prompts to do things and you go try to do them and it smashes you up against a 30 dollar paywall. It's frustrating because I don't feel like I have a complete product even though theoretically I totally do.

I was having fun with it for a while. Life got busy and I stopped playing. I intend to go back but haven't had the time.

News Comments > Diablo III Necromancer Spotted?
19. Re: Diablo III Necromancer Spotted? Nov 1, 2016, 16:10 Flatline

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 1, 2016, 11:30:
Necromancer would be a nice addition...

I'd personally like to see a new play style class. Necro is awful close to the witch doctor pet build.

But considering that Blizzard is allergic to anything that wasn't conceptually created 5+ years ago Necromancer is highly likely.

7. Re: WikiLeaks says Assange's Internet link was severed by 'state party.' Oct 18, 2016, 10:22 Flatline

Timmeh wrote on Oct 17, 2016, 18:05:
Flatline wrote on Oct 17, 2016, 17:17:
DangerDog wrote on Oct 17, 2016, 15:12:
Just Hillary having a practice run at cutting internet on anyone with dissenting views over her.

That might carry slightly more water if Wikileaks and Assange weren't foreign agents interfering in the election/proper government operations... by leaking documents suggesting that foreign entities might be interfering in government operations.

Its called putting the truth out on a lying corrupt piece of garbage.

Just wait till you see (and choose to ignore and or justify) all the criminal activity being released about the Clinton machine today.

Not that the Marxist "main stream media" will cover it. These things don't comply with their brain washing agenda.

So you're advocating an ends-justify-the-means approach to show the world that someone is an ends-justify-the-means politician.

You do get the epic levels of hypocrisy here don't you?

3. Re: WikiLeaks says Assange's Internet link was severed by 'state party.' Oct 17, 2016, 17:17 Flatline

DangerDog wrote on Oct 17, 2016, 15:12:
Just Hillary having a practice run at cutting internet on anyone with dissenting views over her.

That might carry slightly more water if Wikileaks and Assange weren't foreign agents interfering in the election/proper government operations... by leaking documents suggesting that foreign entities might be interfering in government operations.

News Comments > Tribes Ascend Parting Gifts Patch
4. Re: Tribes Ascend Parting Gifts Patch Sep 29, 2016, 12:28 Flatline

Sad to see the game became abandonware. It was a lot of fun. I played the shit out of it when it launched and eventually dropped about 20 bucks into it because it was fun. The F2P part was not terrible because your basic weapons still were pretty effective and you could grind relatively quickly if you had a direction you wanted to go in. I spent 20 bucks and really was able to unlock all the classes and weapons I wanted to and was pretty satisfied by that.  

News Comments > Elite Dangerous May Drop Win32 and DX10
33. Re: Elite Dangerous May Drop Win32 and DX10 Sep 20, 2016, 17:45 Flatline

I'm curious how many people are running 32-bit binaries of Elite because reasons/ignorance and not because they're running 32-bit windows?

I agree with the earlier post though. It's absurd that you can still order a 32-bit version of windows 10.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
5. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 8, 2016, 15:36 Flatline

ItBurn wrote on Sep 8, 2016, 11:22:
But noone plays the game anymore.

Yeah imagine if they actually managed a simultaneous launch. They would have sold a bajillion of them.

News Comments > CD Projekt Worth $1B
15. Re: CD Projekt Worth $1B Aug 29, 2016, 23:04 Flatline

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 29, 2016, 20:24:
Why did the arguably better game not sell more copies than the worse game in the same genre from five years ago?

Dude do you remember the ad campaign for Skyrim? They saturated almost every media with ads for the game.

If CDPR dropped a hundred million on advertising their game, the numbers might have been closer.

2767 Comments. 139 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo