Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bubba Supreme

Real Name Bubba Supreme   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MrBone
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Dude with great hair.
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 9, 2007, 22:19
Total Comments 358 (Amateur)
User ID 33961

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
31. Re: Saturday Tech Bits May 21, 2017, 09:44 MrBone

KS wrote on May 20, 2017, 14:15:
jdreyer wrote on May 20, 2017, 14:01:
Creston wrote on May 20, 2017, 12:36:
Cutter wrote on May 20, 2017, 12:02:
And as always when robots replace all these people who's going to have any money to buy anything? It's self-defeating. That was one of the major reasons for the downfall of Rome. There were so many slaves in the empire that citizens couldn't find work. And that started the whole downward spiral of bread and circuses.

So we're all going to be gladiators for the robots? :o

No, we're going to be batteries. Duh.

In any case, I do agree that it's so short-sighted the way every single corporation RUSHES to automation. Have fun not selling anything and watching all your robots just sitting there doing nothing.
Well, this is the result of largely unregulated capitalism. We have a concentration of wealth that we've not seen since the robber barons 120 years ago. Basically, only government can overcome this trend, as it's in each individual corporate interest to be as efficient as possible, and robots are cheaper and more efficient that people for most jobs. Right now, laws are 98% correlated to what companies want, and only 50% (random chance) to what people want.

At minimum we need:
- Complete ban on corporate lobbying
- Total public funding of all elections
- Double the capital gains tax to help fund Medicaid/Medicare for the increase in the roles that job loss will create
- Remove the $100K cap on the payroll tax funding Medicare.
- A 30 hour workweek, to spread remaining work among more people.
- Increase the minimum wage to $16 per hour
- Subsidize retraining programs

That's just off the top of my head. I'm sure there's a bunch more stuff that can help ameliorate this situation.

"I hate capitalism!!!" he typed out onto his iPhone, and pressed SEND, where it went out on the Internet, which was turned from a university toy into a massive, high-speed, worldwide phenomenon by trillions of dollars of private investment, and his message was read by dozens around the world, on other phones, and computers, and tablets like Star Trek had, these driven by still more trillions of dollars of private investment, where, had it been up to a government official rubbing his chin and pondering the next step, we'd still have vacuum tube TVs, and only that because of previous, un-stepped-upon capitalism.

Haha. I love the trollism of this poster. Lay on the whip. The concept of capitalism is beyond jdreyer comprehension.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse May 17, 2017, 20:04 MrBone

Orogogus wrote on May 16, 2017, 15:31:
Pigeon wrote on May 16, 2017, 14:02:
Does anyone actually believe the ISP's reasons for needing to get rid of Net Neutrality?

Just on these boards, far rightists like WaltC, ledhead and shihonage believe everything Trump and the Republican right say.

But you don't believe anything that far-leftist say, right? You aren't biased at all.

4. Re: Morning Metaverse May 17, 2017, 20:02 MrBone

Commercials? Nah. I will stick with paid streaming.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
18. Re: Morning Consolidation May 10, 2017, 14:06 MrBone

As someone who doesn't have either one of the newest consoles, this works out quite well for me. We have none other than Red Dead Redemption 2 coming out quite soon and its performance on these new consoles should dazzle us. Sign me up.

As for the newest phone/pads, you have seriously diminishing returns on that stuff nowadays. My iPad Air first gen is perfectly fine. Who cares if the newest one is 8 times faster, you will barely notice it. Same thing with CPU's, etc.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue May 7, 2017, 21:07 MrBone

I am amazed that you liked Guardians. It wasn't funny at all and boring to boot.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 30, 2017, 21:08 MrBone

We use Cloudberry to S3 and tape, which is taken off-site. These guys apparently used a single backup tape and just overwrote it every night. I have seen this so many times it never ceases to amaze me.  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
7. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jan 21, 2017, 15:57 MrBone

Called this day 1. Garbage tech. Several people at work swore it would be a revolution. Haha.  

News Comments > Magic: The Gathering Digital Plans
14. Re: Magic: The Gathering Digital Plans Jan 14, 2017, 22:36 MrBone

|RaptoR| wrote on Jan 14, 2017, 21:17:
What this doesn't tell you is that this re-imaging included laying off 30+ folks, many in IT and infrastructure, while keeping the game designers (whose poor judgement resulted in MTGO) and decision makers in place. Including leadership, who when asked during an internal town hall meeting what WotC was going to do in response Hearthstone, responded: "they aren't competing with us and we don't feel that we need to do anything"

Haha. Oh man. I knew they were morons from past ventures, but to say that Hearthstone wasn't a competitor??

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
16. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 5, 2017, 22:10 MrBone

My vote wasn't for Trump, it was anti-Hillary. She is a criminal. Period. Move along.  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 5, 2017, 22:08 MrBone

I would believe Assange any day over those "Intel guys". You know, the ones that are spying on everyone and lying about it.  

News Comments > Diablo III Anniversary Patch
2. Re: Diablo III Anniversary Patch Jan 4, 2017, 22:23 MrBone

*crickets*  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
37. Re: Evening Safety Dance Dec 17, 2016, 19:38 MrBone

Trump is the next President. Deal with it and move on.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 14, 2016, 11:10 MrBone

Well, it does surprise me that many blame the hack vs the content of the hack for the loss. As for the plurality of votes...that is why the Electoral College was set up. Otherwise, we might as well let California vote for all of us. Nah.  

News Comments > Dota 2 The New Journey Begins
6. Re: Dota 2 The New Journey Begins Dec 13, 2016, 16:55 MrBone

Whether or not the Monkey King is OP or not will be determined soon. I love the guy. His skills are very fun to play with.  

14. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 13, 2016, 16:49 MrBone

It's sad when you can't even come to a game/tech news site without being bombarded by people flaming other people over silly stuff. Grow up guys.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 13, 2016, 16:46 MrBone

$160 for ear pods? Nah.  

News Comments > Crytek Payroll Issues?
1. Re: Crytek Payroll Issues? Dec 11, 2016, 15:58 MrBone

While they are at it, Polygon can send their financial report for Crytek to review.  

News Comments > DOOM Update Plans
13. Re: DOOM Update Plans Sep 9, 2016, 17:29 MrBone

nin wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 11:21:
Bots, bots! Hurry up with the bots!

Amen to that. Omnicron bots now. Oh man, the old days.

News Comments > Valve's Young Developer Pipeline
5. Re: Valve's Young Developer Pipeline Jul 15, 2013, 12:59 MrBone

What college? You learn to code well by studying the work of great coders. I would suggest getting into a github project and contributing towards it, etc. It is a great way to learn the craft and work in a team environment.  

News Comments > Diablo III RMAH Issues
17. Re: Diablo III RMAH Issues Jun 30, 2012, 20:40 MrBone

All I gotta say is "Blizzard, ah hem, I mean Activision, I told you so.". This was an incredibly stupid idea.  

358 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo