Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Bubba Supreme

Real Name Bubba Supreme   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MrBone
Email Concealed by request
Description Dude with great hair.
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 9, 2007, 22:19
Total Comments 466 (Amateur)
User ID 33961

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
4. Re: Evening Safety Dance Oct 15, 2019, 00:18 MrBone

Burrito, you think one of your Democrat friends will stop the dumpster fire? Wow.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fortnite Chapter 2 Trailer Leaks
1. Re: Fortnite Chapter 2 Trailer Leaks Oct 15, 2019, 00:13 MrBone

I am amazed that this game is so popular. Black hole is about right.  

News Comments > Some Blizzard Employees Walkout Over Hong Kong Controversy
16. Re: Some Blizzard Employees Walkout Over Hong Kong Controversy Oct 10, 2019, 06:59 MrBone

A contract is a contract. No matter what anyone thinks, Hong Kong is going back under Chinese rule completely by 2047. The people who do not want to live under the oppressive regime need to migrate away. Sad, but true.

The colony faced an uncertain future as the end of the New Territories lease approached, and Governor Murray MacLehose raised the question of Hong Kong's status with Deng Xiaoping in 1979.[71] Diplomatic negotiations with China resulted in the 1984 Sino-British Joint Declaration, in which the United Kingdom agreed to transfer the colony in 1997 and China would guarantee Hong Kong's economic and political systems for 50 years after the transfer.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 9, 2019, 07:58 MrBone

Why so sad?

Beamer wrote on Oct 9, 2019, 07:31:
Jonjonz wrote on Oct 9, 2019, 06:39:
Following in the footsteps of Blockbuster, GameStop, and RadioShack.

Times change, people don't buy stero HI-Fi systems anymore, they listen to music on crappy ear buds plugged into their phones. Fewer and fewer young people have the motivation or curiosity to open up and tinker with anything, if they can't get it on thier phone, they don't bother, hence the market for PC components is shrinking. Games are sold/rented online. Even BestBuy is a joke now compared to what they used to be, they give about the same amount of floor space to packaged impulse snacks as they do PC stuff.

You pitch it as "motivation or curiosity," as if you're better than them. It's funny.

News Comments > Frogwares Game Delisting Follow-up
7. Re: Frogwares Game Delisting Follow-up Oct 6, 2019, 08:19 MrBone

Only on blues could a story like this get people to bring up orangemanbad. Just to let you euro guys in on a secret: he will win again in 2020. Exciting, no? Cheers.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
3. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 20, 2019, 12:57 MrBone

If you are over the age of 15 and still watching a streamer like this, you need to re-evaluate your life.  

News Comments > Borderlands 3 Released
7. Re: Borderlands 3 Released Sep 13, 2019, 12:53 MrBone

Let the bashing of this title begin in earnest. Payback is harsh for those that violate their customer base.  

News Comments > System Shock 3 Trailer
20. Re: System Shock 3 Trailer Sep 11, 2019, 17:32 MrBone

Looks like something that should have come out 15 years ago. Even then it would look dated.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 6, 2019, 00:26 MrBone

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 5, 2019, 16:52:
Never has the phrase, "the truth hurts" felt more accurate then the last three years... *sigh*

Get ready for another 5 sugarbear.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 6, 2019, 00:25 MrBone

Creston wrote on Sep 5, 2019, 16:30:
I mean, why not tell them that? Lying to Congress is apparently just perfectly fine nowadays, considering roughly everyone in our current regime has done it, and have gotten exactly zero penalties for it.

In the current regime...haha haha. Oh man, the irony.

News Comments > The End is Nigh and ABZU Free on Epic Games Store
25. Re: The End is Nigh and ABZU Free on Epic Games Store Sep 6, 2019, 00:16 MrBone

The quality of posters here has taken a nosedive over the last several years. Sad.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 4, 2019, 23:10 MrBone

8K, when you gotta have that 100Ē TV for the yacht.  

News Comments > Sunday Patches
2. Re: Sunday Patches Aug 19, 2019, 09:22 MrBone

The game is complex. The patches are working pretty well so far.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 19, 2019, 09:20 MrBone

Remnant is a true classic. Glad to see it selling well.  

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Aug 17, 2019, 10:58 MrBone

Hard to grasp the stupidity of wanting to live on Mars. Just get a tube and live in the desert.  

10. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Aug 17, 2019, 10:55 MrBone

Drath71 wrote on Aug 17, 2019, 10:48:
RedEye9 wrote on Aug 16, 2019, 20:05:
After reading the article i doubt paper ballots would be much better.

The problem with Democracy is that a large portion of the populace are stupid.

That's what people say when they didn't get what they want in the elections. Democracy is fine as long as it's going my way.

Hehe. He should change his nick to blackeye after this dose of reality.

9. Re: Evening Safety Dance Aug 17, 2019, 10:54 MrBone

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 16, 2019, 20:05:
After reading the article i doubt paper ballots would be much better.

The problem with Democracy is that a large portion of the populace are stupid.

Agreed. Too bad they donít always agree with you, eh? Perhaps you can lead a crusade to save the world.

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 17, 2019, 10:52 MrBone

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 17, 2019, 10:45:
MrCharm42 wrote on Aug 17, 2019, 09:50:
The game should if not show then at least mention the horrors of 1800-1900 colonialism and not just sugar coat it with all happy pink unicorns and Mexicans that JUST SO HAPPEN to work on your plantations (And yes, there are plantations). Because that is the opposite of what the setting and the historic victims of this deserve.

So what do they deserve? Force the player to watch a history video that delves deeply into the nuances of various victims? All Civ-like games would then be endlessly tedious to develop/play. Can you imagine watching long lecturing videos every time a new civilization is discovered?
Fiction is fiction - if we're going to have that standard, then all novels are out (unless they have long balancing/edifying afterwords). Or is it all just fine if instead of calling them Mexicans (as in your example) they are just called Xicans or some other made up name?

Anno 1800 is calling them Jornaleros and Obreros, paints them as clearly Mexican/South American and that's to me some pretty big tone deafness especially considering how your average South American colonial holding looked. And if you think those terms are adequate, may I remind you that slavery was a thing in South America till late in the 1890s and a game that plays in that setting wanting to tell me those south americans are all happily working on my plantations is maybe a bit problematic.

I don't want lectures, but I want the game to handle the topic like an adult and not hide it like a child that has nothing to say. Not even that slavery was bad. I mean, the game literally acts as if slavery didn't exist and those magical South American colonies produced happily coffee, sugar and tobacco and got of course paid for it a decent living wage and enjoyed adequate housing too....

Or maybe a game in that time period has the balls to show us pre-industry age south American colonies as the horrible unethical cesspits that they were.

I mean it's pretty crazy that most pirate games show you this time period more realistically than games actually set in it.

I didnít realize you lived back then. Thatís incredible!!

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed Aug 17, 2019, 10:50 MrBone

Beamer wrote on Aug 17, 2019, 01:59:
Asmodai wrote on Aug 17, 2019, 00:41:
Ignore politics and never apologise... The old "arguing with idiots" adage applies, you can't just create something you think is cool and deal with every butthurt sperg on the planet because there is always someone who is offended. You win by not playing their game.

I don't get the "never apologize" thing. Sometimes I accidentally say or do something stupid. The right thing to do is step back, realize you made a mistake, and try to right it.

Apology accepted. Next...

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
6. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 7, 2019, 08:07 MrBone

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 6, 2019, 19:41:
Regret and the world regrets with you.
Where are users going now? To a dRumpf convention of course.

Please keep your racism in check. Thanks.

466 Comments. 24 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo