Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Richard

Real Name Richard   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname RoboNerd
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Well-aged gamey-gamer.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 19, 2007, 13:38
Total Comments 250 (Amateur)
User ID 33441

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 23, 2015, 10:05 RoboNerd

That's like me posting signs for my bar, 'Free booze!' and when people show up, 'Nope. Don't ever recall any of that.' I'd be busted and shut down in a heartbeat.

Wait...Cutter OWNS A BAR!!! There should be a Bluesnews get together at Cutter's Bar. The mind reels... Cheers

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 22, 2015, 10:18 RoboNerd

Now the Royals just have to come home and end this conflict...

King

10. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 17, 2015, 19:32 RoboNerd

ViRGE wrote on Oct 17, 2015, 18:58:
I'll root for the Jays. It would be amusing to see Canada win the World Series.

All I can say is...Let's Go Royals...clap,clap.....clap,clap,clap

Number1

23. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 15, 2015, 19:21 RoboNerd

I'll bet they use propofol, instead of demerol, which means you wake up much more alert, and not goofy. So the manifesto will have to wait.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 14, 2015, 09:58 RoboNerd

Wow, how strange you are doing this, and my appointment is next week. As a veteran of the procedure, chill the colyte stuff as cold as you can. Drink it with a big straw to get it as far back in your throat and down the gullet with as little mouth feel as you can. Use some Desitin to ease the rawness as the bathroom trips start. And do what you can to stay hydrated, that can fend off any nausea the morning of the procedure.

The procedure itself is nothing, it is the prep that is the hurdle. I hope your procedure is scheduled early in the day. Welcome to old manhood.

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Oct 4, 2015, 09:45 RoboNerd

Blue wrote on Oct 3, 2015, 10:43:
RoboNerd wrote on Oct 3, 2015, 09:43:
Rhialto wrote on Oct 2, 2015, 20:19:
I protest, please Blue link to his YouTube video!

I second the motion...

I'll post the email reply I sent Rhialto about this:

Relax, nobody is stealing anything, Videosift embedded his video. There is nothing about this that cheats him out of views or revenue.

VideoSift is doing him a favor by spreading his reach, and that is where I spotted the video, so they deserve their link too.

You can read about this here:

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/132596?hl=en

"Only YouTube and the video owner will earn revenue from ads on embedded videos; the site owner where the video is embedded will not earn a share. You can track earnings for embedded videos in AdSense, as you would for videos earning revenue on YouTube.com."

Oh, in that case I'm fine with leaving it the way you want it on your site. Thanks Blue for enlightening me. I respectfully withdraw my second of the motion.

3. Re: Into the Black Oct 3, 2015, 09:43 RoboNerd

Rhialto wrote on Oct 2, 2015, 20:19:
I protest, please Blue link to his YouTube video!

I second the motion...

4. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 27, 2015, 21:41 RoboNerd

OK, I'd like to point out the Royals have also clinched the AL Central. Just for the record...

Bat

2. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 25, 2015, 10:13 RoboNerd

I wish he had brought the Swiss Guards with him... Jester  

14. Re: Into the Black Sep 24, 2015, 09:59 RoboNerd

"Cutter"Sep 23, 2015, 23:31

Yeah, well you just work on watching Mad Max and The Road Warrior already. I can't believe you've never seen those. You shouldn't even be allowed to play the game or see the other films without seeing those first!

I am the Nightrider!

The Cutter knows who I am...

News Comments > Morning Patches
1. Re: Morning Patches Sep 22, 2015, 21:07 RoboNerd

Re: The Repopulation version 15.9.1 Patch

Is it just me or is this game taking waaaay too long to develop? Brood

10. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 5, 2015, 14:26 RoboNerd

"Space is big. Really big. You just wonít believe how vastly hugely mindbogglingly big it is. I mean you may think itís a long way down the road to the chemistís, but thatís just peanuts to space."

The Hitchhikerís Guide To The Galaxy

8. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 29, 2015, 22:18 RoboNerd

Let's just change the name of the city to "New Atlantis" and be done with it. As for pointing fingers at dem vs repub, I prefer to think of the problem as inside the beltway is only concerned with inside the beltway - and the rest of the country can go fish.

Now pardon me while I slip into my nomex long johns... Flood

37. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 28, 2015, 19:22 RoboNerd

Verno wrote on Aug 28, 2015, 16:14:
When I logged into the site this year it gave me the option to automatically join 2015 for what its worth. It'll probably take an OOTB announcement and a few days to get everyone signed up again.

I got as far as it asking me for the group password...have we been given one for this year?

7. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 23, 2015, 20:49 RoboNerd

Kosumo wrote on Aug 23, 2015, 18:04:
Watched the tanker video and all I could think of is old game call "Ports of Call" in which you would have to do that excated thing.

Was a shipping management game on Amiga.

Ports of Call on the Amiga was the bomb. Loved it, loved it, loved it. Allthumbsup

PS: I consider parallel parking one my talents, I do remember that part of the driver's license driving test to be the most stressful for a 16 year old.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 22, 2015, 13:43 RoboNerd

Hats off to the American and British passengers for quick action on that Islamo-facist who thought a train would be easy pickins.

Well done Smart

18. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 16, 2015, 11:05 RoboNerd

Do you eat bread? I've heard of celiac sufferers being offended by even the smell of gluten-containing products. Other medical issues like zinc deficiency can adversely affect one's faculties for taste and smell. I doubt there's anything wrong with the bread itself; the only ingredient in your average bread that would be susceptible to going foul is the yeast.

I guess you could have her try sourcing her yeast differently. If that doesn't work, you should see a doctor.

Good ideas, I was tested for celiac disease a few years ago and I am fine in that regard. The yeast change is a good idea. Something we thought of yesterday is she is adding flax seeds to the bread, so that may be another possibility.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 15, 2015, 11:58 RoboNerd

Speaking of the odor of burnt bread being pleasant...my wife routinely bakes bread, and there is something being released during the baking process that I find unpleasant. I always thought bread baking was great, but there is something going on with the current formula, or me. that makes it disagreeable to the point of near nausea. She has been leaving out certain ingredients, which hasn't helped. And we thought it might be the nonstick coated pans, but this week she tried an aluminum angel food cake pan, still no relief. I try to run the exhaust hood on low during the baking to minimize my exposure.

It remains a mystery... Puke

1. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 3, 2015, 10:16 RoboNerd

Re: Soylent 2.0 is comingópre-mixed, in a bottle. Still not people.

Sure everyone knows true Soylent is not something you drink, is is in a wafer, or cracker form. Phffftt Chef

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 10, 2015, 15:30 RoboNerd

Re: Omar Sharif dies at 83

Two of my all-time favorite movies, Dr. Zhivago and Lawrence of Arabia due largely to his roles in them.

250 Comments. 13 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo