Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 07/23

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Richard

Real Name Richard   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname RoboNerd
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Well-aged gamey-gamer.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 19, 2007, 13:38
Total Comments 250 (Amateur)
User ID 33441

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 21, 2016, 09:48 RoboNerd

Re: Anti-slavery activist Harriet Tubman to replace Jackson on the front of the $20 bill.

I don't know about this, why not stick to the Dead Presidents? I guess I shouldn't care since it is all funny money now anyway. Heard the original plan was to use the ten dollar bill for Harriet, but the fans of the current hit play Hamilton pitched a fit and stamped their little feet 'till the idea was scrapped. Yeah, that's the way to decide things. We can't be far off from Homer Simpson appearing on the Hundred Dollar bill. You know, doh!

This comment was edited on Apr 21, 2016, 17:25.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
1. Re: Sunday Metaverse Apr 17, 2016, 22:22 RoboNerd

There was blurb on the local KC news about this last week. But it sounded like the initial hot spots wouldn't be open to the public. It also sounded like they would all be centered around downtown KC.  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 4, 2016, 10:02 RoboNerd

Ah Blue you didn't disappoint me...I went to bed after watching the game with visions of your angst carrying me around the bases and off to dreamland. How did you like the Royals new blinged-out uniforms? I think the gold is a nice touch. I do feel bad the Mets had to watch the raising of the World Series flag last night, oh and then there will be the ring ceremony Tuesday. Number1

This comment was edited on Apr 4, 2016, 19:24.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 27, 2016, 10:50 RoboNerd

Cutter wrote on Mar 26, 2016, 16:48:
I would have made such a great rock star. Oh sure I'd be long dead most likely but what a way to go! In big pile of groupies, coke and booze.

And then you would have made the R.I.P. section of "Out of the Blue" Hmmmm....note to self, upon completion of time travel device, visit young Cutter to encourage drumming career... Drummer

10. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 12, 2016, 20:10 RoboNerd

Consider myself a lucky man to have seen ELP live during the Works tour. Greg Lake is my favorite of the trio, but thanks Keith.  

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Mar 10, 2016, 19:32 RoboNerd

Marvel just jumped the shark... Brood  

4. Re: Into the Black Mar 1, 2016, 10:15 RoboNerd

Or he just hates little yellow pickups... Wiseguy  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 21, 2016, 10:13 RoboNerd

Re: Photographers Swarm Yosemite For Spectacular ‘Firefall’ Phenomenon.

So glad to hear the band got back together. Who can forget "You Are The Woman" or "Just Remember I Love You" Guitarist

13. Re: Into the Black Feb 16, 2016, 09:45 RoboNerd

At the risk of being labeled a weirdo freak loser...I fully intended to trade-up from my PS3 to a PS4 to play Star Wars Battlefield - and I was all set to see The Force Awakens. Then I saw what Battlefield had become during the free play preview and dropped the PS4 idea. I am still waiting for a game that will inspire that move.

That, along with the immense media hype, got me questioning the movie, so I never bothered to see it at the theater. All my friends did, and said they enjoyed it. But I could detect a lack of enthusiasm. So my plan now is to wait for it to hit Redbox.

Maybe I just got old... Paperbag

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 11, 2016, 21:54 RoboNerd

Re: Police 'Standoff' Caused By Aggressive IRS Scammers.

Many aspects of this are so scary. So easy for someone to get killed. If they find out these scumbags are outside the country, can we get a seal team outside their door?

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 27, 2016, 14:00 RoboNerd

Re: The Least I Can Do Is Smile, for Godsake.

Here is a smile for everyone here today, so no jumping...

3. Re: Into the Black Jan 18, 2016, 20:59 RoboNerd

Saw them in KC during the Hotel California tour, Joe Walsh had recently joined. One of the most memorable concerts I was ever at.

Thanks Glenn... Lighter

33. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 21, 2015, 16:07 RoboNerd

Cutter wrote on Dec 21, 2015, 13:48:
Donald Trump circa 1998

I see this one is making the rounds. How perfect - nevermind true - is that?

Sorry Cutter, but Snopes says this one is bogus...

10. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 8, 2015, 22:46 RoboNerd

Guys I honestly have no idea picking these games, in my case it is just dumb luck. And I'm in the top ten of our group. The funny thing is my Dad is getting a kick out of asking me how I did each week. So it has value from that standpoint.  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2015, 14:13 RoboNerd

Yes the sun is still shining and the birds singing here in KC. I'm unashamedly still taking every opening to gloat over the Royals World Series win. On that note they had a piece on the local news about people lining up to buy little squares of the sod cut from the field where the World Series logo was painted on, $30 in a cardboard box or $40 in a nifty clear plastic. And, no I did not buy one. Heck I haven't bought a single commemorative thing. I still have stuff from the 1985 series sitting in the basement.  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 2, 2015, 10:14 RoboNerd

The sun is shining this morning here in KC...

Thanks Royals, Thumbsup

1. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2015, 09:54 RoboNerd

Of course there is something to celebrate today...GAME 3!

Let's go Royals! Number1

4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 29, 2015, 10:27 RoboNerd

Since you brought it up, I did my colonoscopy last week and my results were similar to yours. A repeat is set for 5 years also. Someone asked about the age to start, and while that may be affected by family history, I believe the general advice is to do the first one at age 50.

Not to rub it in, but we here in KC are very happy with our boys in blue performance thus far. Look out Big Apple, here we come...

1. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 28, 2015, 10:31 RoboNerd

Seemed like this morning's update was a bit later than normal. Couldn't be that 14 inning game last night now could it?

I'll admit I went to bed before it ended, and was shocked this morning to learn the Royals pulled it out - again.

They NEVER give up. Thumbsup

1. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 24, 2015, 10:15 RoboNerd

Yes, our boys in blue won over the other guy's boys in blue. Since we don't do cable, I am looking forward to finally being able to watch the series games on broadcast TV. But listening to the games on the radio was somewhat nostalgic.

KC welcomes the NY Mets, enjoy our 70s ballpark, which I think holds up well despite it's age. Welcome

250 Comments. 13 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo