Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Richard

Real Name Richard   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname RoboNerd
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Well-aged gamey-gamer.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 19, 2007, 13:38
Total Comments 265 (Amateur)
User ID 33441

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 30, 2016, 12:38 RoboNerd

Cutter: 11-10-8, so he must be using Coots McGroot in the football league. So we are tied for now in the standings, with Blue (Hair) somewhere down the line. It's hard to see Blue from these lofty heights... Tongue  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 23, 2016, 14:12 RoboNerd

I ran across a large bottle of graphite powder in one of our local farm supply stores. They label it for use in seed planters to aid the seeds flowing through the mechanism. Thing is I paid not much more for that huge bottle than I would have for the small lock package. So I now have enough graphite to do the whole state. Thing is you city boys don't have access to a farm store. Mwahaha  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 20, 2016, 14:28 RoboNerd

What a coinky-dink we are in the middle of a tree removal operation. In fact I was just debating calling my tree guy to see how close he is too showing up. We have a monster of a silver maple in the backyard that I am afraid is one ice-storm away from crushing our garage and/or the neighbor's garage (both detached). We had it's twin removed ten years ago, and man has the price of tree removal gone up. Wish I could get in my time machine and go back to tell myself to have both removed at the same time. Xmastree  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
3. Re: Saturday Metaverse Sep 17, 2016, 23:20 RoboNerd

A friend of mine is fortunate enough to live in the part of the KC metro served by Google Fiber and he says he doesn't notice much of a difference in downloading data, it is the higher upload speed that impressed him. He is a commercial artist and works on large graphic and animation files which he sends to clients for review. Most of the traffic coming down seems to be limited by the service at the other end, if that makes sense.  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 14, 2016, 12:47 RoboNerd

Blue wrote on Sep 14, 2016, 12:01:
nin wrote on Sep 14, 2016, 10:20:
Shoulda asks to see their parking lot camera footage, especially if you felt it was intentional.

edit: Also, this is why we have amazon.

I cancelled my Amazon order to save $2.00.

I will ask about cameras, but it doesn't seem like that sort of lot.

How much did you burn in gas to save that $2?

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 29, 2016, 22:31 RoboNerd

I have used Decluttr once to off-load some old DVD movies our family had taking up shelf space. My tip is note which DVDs\games they are offering more for and check those on past eBay auctions. Doing that told me which ones to sell on ebay, and which to dump on them. Worked out fine for us.  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 28, 2016, 11:49 RoboNerd

Re: Lockheed Could “Fail to Deliver” F-35 Capabilities on Time.

I vote for killing off this turkey and building more A-10s. Salute2

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Aug 23, 2016, 09:43 RoboNerd

Oh great, now that song is will be worming it's way back through my head...take me down to Paradise City.... Zombie  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 20, 2016, 16:41 RoboNerd

Re: FiberFix A Must Have For Any Real Man.

I have used this stuff to fix a broken patio umbrella arm, and stop a dripping shutoff in the basement that became obsolete with the installation of a new shutoff downstream. So - yes I am a real man. Thumbsup

18. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 15, 2016, 19:08 RoboNerd

Well my self-imposed deadline for Hello Games to fix No Man's Sky passed today at Noon so I got Steam to refund me all the way to my PayPal account. Hello Games managed to get me to do two things I had never done before 1. Pre-order a game at full price. 2. Request a refund on a game. Quite an accomplishment Sean...

I mean, is it too much to ask that a game actually starts within 72 hours of release? I don't think so, and yes my hardware exceeds the minimum specs, and I had updated all drivers.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Released
50. Re: No Man's Sky Released Aug 13, 2016, 10:13 RoboNerd

Hello, my name is RoboNerd and I admit I pre-ordered the PC No Man's Sky. I had never paid full price for a game before, and I had never-ever pre-ordered a game before. The game mocks me by just crashing right after posting the Hello Games screen. Oh sure, I read all the first day suggestions, and tried all those gymnastics, with no solution. So I've learned my lesson, I will never, never, never pre-order again. (hangs head in shame as he shuffles away from the podium) Paperbag  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 11, 2016, 12:16 RoboNerd

Re: How It's Made - Aquarium Goldfish.

That "How It's Made" came as close to showing a third world sweat shop operation as I have seen. Come to think of it, maybe they should do a "How It's Made - In The Third World".

News Comments > No Man's Sky is Very Very Chill
15. Re: No Man's Sky is Very Very Chill Aug 8, 2016, 23:02 RoboNerd

I will neither confirm nor deny I *may* have pre-ordered this today. Wink

Haters gonna hate...to each his own.

News Comments > Morning Patches
1. Re: Morning Patches Aug 8, 2016, 10:15 RoboNerd

The servers are all but dead. I guess people just popped in, took a look around, and left. Waiting for Repopulation, I suppose. The only servers that seem to be populated are in China. Part of it, I believe is the fact the updates have stretched further apart over the summer. And each update seems to bring fewer improvements.  

News Comments > Tempest this Month
1. Re: Tempest this Month Aug 4, 2016, 20:09 RoboNerd

Well crap, I was all set to see my favorite arcade game come back...  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 21, 2016, 21:34 RoboNerd

Just as I was seriously considering placing that pre-order...

Say "Hello" to your new Dutch Masters... Deal

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 13, 2016, 19:04 RoboNerd

Can't let the day after the All Star game go by without pointing out the Royals players carried the AL to victory. Next stop - the series. Thumbsup  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
3. Re: Evening Interviews Jul 9, 2016, 09:12 RoboNerd

The Half Elf wrote on Jul 9, 2016, 02:53:

Getting the band back together does not mean they will recapture the magic they once had.

True, but a large part of the success of Myst was that they took full advantage of what was at the time a new piece of hardware, the CDROM drive. It just might be that they will take advantage of this new piece of hardware, the VR headset. We shall see.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Jul 8, 2016, 23:35 RoboNerd

True Fact...

I was fortunate enough to visit the Cyan Compound while the finishing touches were being put on Riven. I even passed some time sitting in Robyn's office in his Aeron chair. I think that may be the first Aeron I saw.

News Comments > Saturday Patches
1. Re: Saturday Patches Jul 2, 2016, 22:11 RoboNerd

Yay we finally got the right name attached to this patch.

Thanks Blue! Thumbsup

265 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo