Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Richard

Real Name Richard   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname RoboNerd
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Well-aged gamey-gamer.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 19, 2007, 13:38
Total Comments 250 (Amateur)
User ID 33441

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 21, 2016, 21:34 RoboNerd

Just as I was seriously considering placing that pre-order...

Say "Hello" to your new Dutch Masters... Deal

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 13, 2016, 19:04 RoboNerd

Can't let the day after the All Star game go by without pointing out the Royals players carried the AL to victory. Next stop - the series. Thumbsup  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
3. Re: Evening Interviews Jul 9, 2016, 09:12 RoboNerd

The Half Elf wrote on Jul 9, 2016, 02:53:

Getting the band back together does not mean they will recapture the magic they once had.

True, but a large part of the success of Myst was that they took full advantage of what was at the time a new piece of hardware, the CDROM drive. It just might be that they will take advantage of this new piece of hardware, the VR headset. We shall see.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Jul 8, 2016, 23:35 RoboNerd

True Fact...

I was fortunate enough to visit the Cyan Compound while the finishing touches were being put on Riven. I even passed some time sitting in Robyn's office in his Aeron chair. I think that may be the first Aeron I saw.

News Comments > Saturday Patches
1. Re: Saturday Patches Jul 2, 2016, 22:11 RoboNerd

Yay we finally got the right name attached to this patch.

Thanks Blue! Thumbsup

28. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 24, 2016, 09:41 RoboNerd

Had to come back and post for the record - the vote is in, and Britain is out of the EU. Wowsers... Outtahere  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 23, 2016, 12:43 RoboNerd

Cutter wrote on Jun 23, 2016, 12:37:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 23, 2016, 11:44:
Cutter wrote on Jun 23, 2016, 11:12:
At least the Brits get a vote. Something we never got with NAFTA and aren't getting with the TPIP.
Would you really want the general public voting on matters like NAFTA and TPIP? Even if it was practical, which it isn't, I wouldn't want the ignorant public voting on these things.

Well how very anti-democratic of you. We didn't get a say and look at the result. Strong protectionism - fair trade, not free trade - made for a strong middle class. Now we're in a race to the bottom and have been since Reagan/Thatcher/Mulroney started the assault on working people in the 80s. A vibrant manufacturing sector that had good jobs and benefits is all but vanished now. Why do you think we've been losing ground on wages and quality of life since then? And when the TPIP is ratified it's all over but the crying. Welcome to indentured servitude for the rest of your days. So yeah, the public should absolutely have the right to determine their own future in a democracy. Oh wait, that's right we actually live in a banana republic ruled by the oligarchs where we don't get those rights. And your options are vote for Corrupt Asshole A or Corrupt Asshole B who just end up doing the opposite of all the shit they promised to begin with. This is precisely why people like Trump and Sanders are resonating with the disenfranchised out there. And remember, this is only the start. It's only going to keep growing. This is what precipitates bloody revolutions.

On this one I'm with Cutter...what he said... Allthumbsup

News Comments > Into the Black
10. Re: Into the Black Jun 21, 2016, 13:20 RoboNerd

Bub wrote on Jun 21, 2016, 07:28:
I consider assault guns weapons of mass destruction.

The founding fathers were talking about one shot weapons that took ages to reload, not devices that any fool can use to spray death into a crowd like assault guns do.

We already prevent 50 cal machine guns from private use, it's time assault weapons were treated that same.

At the risk of getting flamed, and called rude names, I'd just like to point out when the founders wrote the 2nd ammend. single shot rifles were all that the military had as well. Also, a private citizen in the US (depending on their state laws) can still own a 50 cal machine gun - but you are going to need a huge pile of cash, fill out a stack of paperwork, and wait a long time while your background is examined. Then you have to be willing to be open to inspection anytime by the feds. But it is possible. Rifle

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 21, 2016, 10:49 RoboNerd

My current grill came with stainless steel grates, I'll never go back to regular steel, or porcelain-coated steel. I recently replaced the burner deflectors with stainless steel ones as well.  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jun 13, 2016, 10:15 RoboNerd

Re: It Took 33 Years For Someone to Find the Easter Egg in This Apple II Game.

I know of an Easter Egg in a 20+ year old game that has never been documented as found. I know of it because a friend of mine was involved in the game's development and put it there. He showed it to me using a published copy of the game. And this was an A title that is widely available. It is not buried in code but out in the open, you just have to go to the right place and look in the right direction.

I have a feeling there are lots of these out there waiting to be found.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 4, 2016, 09:45 RoboNerd

Best line of the story: "Our personal shoppers, highly-trained Walmart associates, will carefully select and prepare their order."

Where have they been hiding these "highly-trained" associates?

Sorry, I'm a little touchy after going to our local Wally World to pick up an on-line order. When I placed the order I was clearly told I would be sent an e-mail when the order was ready for pickup. after several days of no notification, I checked the order status only to see it was waiting for pickup. Drove to the store only to find no associate manning the pickup counter. Then someone did come, but had no keys to open the storage room. So smooth and efficient it wasn't. Wal-Mart has a ways to go to come close to shopping with Amazon.

This comment was edited on Jun 4, 2016, 09:51.

News Comments > Evening Patches
1. Re: Evening Patches Jun 4, 2016, 09:39 RoboNerd

Re: The Repopulation 16.6.1 Build is Now Live.

I'm starting to feel like the voice of one crying in the wilderness. These patches are for Fragmented NOT Repopulation. Repopulation is gone for now, Fragmented may morph into the future Repopulation, but for now it is it's own game. Wall

25. Re: Out of the Blue May 23, 2016, 23:14 RoboNerd

I type one word and generate such hate, guess I shouldn't have used all caps... Speechless  

6. Re: Out of the Blue May 22, 2016, 20:39 RoboNerd

Re: R.I.P.: Alan Young dies at 96; star of TV's 'Mister Ed.'

WILLLBURRRRR...... Cry

News Comments > Morning Patches
1. Re: Morning Patches May 20, 2016, 10:22 RoboNerd

Re: The Repopulation version 16.5.4 Patch Live.

Note that this patch is for Fragmented NOT Repopulation.

I pointed this out before, there seems to be confusion between these two games. Repopulation is gone for now, as they lost the engine they were using. So they built Fragmented using the Unreal engine. They plan on bringing Repopulation back perhaps later this year. It may be that Fragmented will morph into Repopulation.

Now is it clear? Wall

This comment was edited on May 20, 2016, 13:39.

News Comments > Sunday Patches
1. Re: Sunday Patches May 9, 2016, 08:58 RoboNerd

Re: The Repopulation 16.5.2 Build is Now Live

This release is for Fragmented, not Repopulation.

9. Re: Out of the Blue May 5, 2016, 12:36 RoboNerd

Blue wrote on May 5, 2016, 11:31:
Kxmode wrote on May 5, 2016, 11:30:
I wonder how many people actually celebrate Cinco de Mayo to commemorate the Mexican Army's unlikely victory over French forces at the Battle of Puebla in 1862.

Just seems like an excuse to party.

And here I thought it was about the aroma of spoiled mayonnaise... Party2

8. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 26, 2016, 12:06 RoboNerd

Re: Six cases of measles confirmed in Tennessee outbreak. Measles was eradicated in the U.S. in 2000.

Don't care for all the name calling in this article. I would also like to know if the influx of folks from outside the country where vaccination efforts are slim to none played a big role. But, we are never going to see reporting on that aspect - it's not PC. Sad, because disease will never respect PC "rules".

1. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 25, 2016, 10:37 RoboNerd

Re: They should put Prince on the $20 bill and call it $19.99.

Blue,

No way am I taking the bait on another $20 bill headline...

Nice try Uhoh

45. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 21, 2016, 19:28 RoboNerd

Blue your experience trying to get internet and phone service reminded me I will face this situation in August when my 2 year deal with Comcast expires. Not looking forward to the negotiations. Sure wish Google had come into our part of town, but I suspect our local politicians were greased enough to prevent that.

250 Comments. 13 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo