Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for sean

Real Name sean   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname heroin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 14, 2007, 13:13
Total Comments 515 (Apprentice)
User ID 33263

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Fall Sale
7. Re: Steam Fall Sale Nov 25, 2015, 21:06 heroin

Just got Shogun 2 and Kentucky Route Zero season pass on the cheap. Now just have to find the time, it's going to take me years to play all the games I've bought this year. I still have Witcher 3 expansion to play, still have a ways to go on X-COM, Homeworld: Remastered, Tales from Borderlands, Ori, Batman Arkham City, Dark Souls 2, still gotta finish Wasteland 2, Mad Max (probably never finish that one), stopped playing Metal Gear Solid V and I know I have a shit ton to do in there - playing too much Fallout 4. Oh yeah, still have to play Legacy of the Void as well. Jesus.

This comment was edited on Nov 25, 2015, 21:55.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Game Reviews
5. Re: Game Reviews Nov 16, 2015, 15:43 heroin

agree  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One
95. Re: Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One Nov 13, 2015, 17:58 heroin

I hear people say they find Bethesda games boring. Honestly, I totally understand where they are coming from if they find it boring. What they find boring is what I find enticing, I've even joked about their games being "hiking simulators". But, that is what I like out of it as opposed to other games that are pushing you down a path, a linear corridor.

But, I also have a suggestion for these people. Get out a huge bong, take a couple of big rips, hold in there for a few seconds then put on some headphones and get going. You can thank me later.

90. Re: Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One Nov 13, 2015, 17:28 heroin

Same here. It's so fucking fun, been so tired at work this week because I cannot stop playing by a reasonable time. Witcher 3 still gets game of the year from me, but seriously - I have't played a game in a long time where I say just one more quest and an hour passes when it felt like only 10 minutes. In Witcher 3 it was easy to stop playing lol, it never really immersed me to an extent that a Bethesda game does.

The thing with Witcher 3, was that it was a marvel to see what they accomplished, great characters, great story, changing objectives, beautiful world/scenery. But, playing it was sort of like a huge Game of Thrones marathon. Not that there is anything wrong with that. It's one of the best, massive, most polished games to ever come out (except for the TERRIBLE controls).

In Fallout, I am IN THERE. I am in the fucking computer, purple hazin', creepin', buildin' - and no glitch is gonna mess with this time flying by, I don't even see the glitches anymore; too entrenched. Don't get me wrong though, I would still rather a really awesome studio to buy Fallout from Bethesda and get back to the real shit, the isometric shit, with impeccable writing & style.

31. Re: Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One Nov 13, 2015, 12:23 heroin

You know there are people who will pay for a pre-built ugly ass $500,000,000 mission in LA, right? I believe Notch bought one for $70,000,000 but that one is run of the mill for that neighborhood.

Anyway, I still feel about Fallout 4 how I did with Fallout 3 which is exactly the way I felt about it when I learned that Bethesda bought the IP for the Fallout Universe. Fallout 3 was exactly what everyone knew they were gonna do with it, on that end - Fallout 3 & 4 are exactly what we didn't want them to do with Fallout.

That said, I'm used to getting 9 hours of sleep and the last two days I could not pull myself away from Fallout 4. Whether or not Bethesda should or could - it's certainly a lot of fun to turn the neurons down and get lost in this.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 12, 2015, 13:36 heroin

I saw this shit coming a long time ago. No need for Tor & wasting money/bitcoins - the most powerful psychedelic known to man is easy to extract from nature and the powers that be will never be able to figure out how to make hundreds of plants containing it around the world - go extinct.  

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Fallout 4
73. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Fallout 4 Nov 11, 2015, 01:39 heroin

Lol, I agree 100% with what Shihonage is saying.

I completely disagree with those who keep tooting "times change" bullshit.

The original Fallout 1 & 2 are still motherfucking edgy, still innovative.

I remember when I was a kid and I only played the newest games or listened to the newest music, watched the newest movies. Over time, like Shihonage is saying most people develop some motherfucking taste. Doom metal would never have existed without a little band from 1966 called International Harvester, modern rock wouldn't have happened without the Velvet Underground being influenced by a minimalist piano player La Monte Young in the mid 1960's, Nirvana would never have happened if Lee Ranaldo & Thurston Moore of Sonic Youth had not played in the Glenn Branca Ensemble in the early 1980's, Radiohead would never have come up with Kid A without Can "Future Days" 1972. All that old shit was way before my time but it's way better, way more innovative than the shit that came afterwards, the shit it influenced. The same goes for film, Criterion collection shitting all over your art brains - let's see Bethesda shit take on David Lynch film, milk it Bethesda, milk that cow!! Let's see how shitty it is, but oh it's so weird and vast, they spent 100 mil on it, it must be good! Now everything is McMarvelled out the ass like a super hero happy meal shit storm of added food coloring multicolored diarrhea culture shit fuck, Bush 9/11.

Fallout 1 & 2 were that good, they stand the test of motherfucking time.

This comment was edited on Nov 11, 2015, 01:52.

65. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Fallout 4 Nov 10, 2015, 20:09 heroin

Wasteland 2 is just a mediocre squad shooter. No real world-building or story to hold it together, the whole thing is a giant gimmick.

Definitely agree with this. Wasteland 2 definitely did not scratch my sweaty Fallout testicles. It was OK fun to see if it could anywhere close to scratching them but in the end it was like dry humping the wall with a condom on (happens a lot).

This comment was edited on Nov 10, 2015, 20:45.

News Comments > StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Launches
15. Re: StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Launches Nov 10, 2015, 19:16 heroin

SC2 does look ancient. Heroes of the Storm I think has a very polished look, there's nothing out there that looks like that game and is fucking awesome/sharp on wide screen.  

13. Re: StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Launches Nov 10, 2015, 16:24 heroin

Didn't know that. The reason I couldn't tell that it used the SC2 engine is because Blizzard is a highly successful company that tweaks the engine to the needs of the game very highly successfully

That said - they would probably use the Overwatch engine and overhaul it to meet the needs of W4.

51. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Fallout 4 Nov 10, 2015, 15:50 heroin

Thank you for that. When the original Fallout's came out there really weren't any games out there that really poked fun at society like it did. Now we have GTA to some degree though it's a little too literal.

Playing through the original Fallout's, you would find pop-culture references & easter eggs everywhere. But, you could also find bad ass references & satire from many angles (though I mostly saw it as leftist inspired satire) considering you could tell the writer's were entrenched in counter-culture.

47. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Fallout 4 Nov 10, 2015, 15:26 heroin

I wouldn't go as far to say that it is RAGE 2.0. I liked Rage, it was a streamlined action game with some meaningless vehicular combat thrown in, but I liked the combat.

I agree that Bethesda either needs to - up their "game" significantly like CD Projekt Red did from Witcher 2 to Witcher 3, or maybe they need to explore new territory and do something a little different. They don't have much competition which I think is a part of the problem.

46. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Fallout 4 Nov 10, 2015, 15:20 heroin

Sure, you really sound like someone who understood or cared about how subversive Fallout was, especially since I can see that Bethesda cotton-candy all over your fucking mouth!  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2015, 14:33 heroin

I couldn't call out - but I am really tired today!  

11. Re: StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Launches Nov 10, 2015, 14:27 heroin

YES PLEASE! I still play Warcraft 3 every once in a while - it's still a fantastic game. They would be fucking morons if they did not finally announce Warcraft 4 by next year. And I would love if the graphics were very reminiscent of Heroes of the Storm, I really like the look & layout of that game.  

40. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Fallout 4 Nov 10, 2015, 13:56 heroin

Man, you fanboyin'. I like this new one and I liked Fallout 3 too - but this shit lost it's political/literary/cultural relevance once Bethesda took the reigns. That is to say it lost it's cool, it lost it's HUGE FUCKING BALLS. And the Universe has been shedding tears of crystal fire since Black Isle disbanded.  

38. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Fallout 4 Nov 10, 2015, 13:40 heroin

I've got an Alienware Aurora I7 w/AMD Radeon HD 8870 - it's not the best but it should put some polish on this steaming shite looking acid trip, never had problems with Witcher 3 graphics other than the fact that that game has worst fucking controls I've ever tolerated  

36. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Fallout 4 Nov 10, 2015, 13:27 heroin

This game was buggy as fuck when I played it last night. The intro is sort of shite. Right off the bat outside of Vault 111 I found the "perimeter" invisible wall - which kind of sucked. A lot of the textures look so low resolution that they must be bugged they are just that shite. The fucking dog is always in my fucking way.

That said on my way to Lexington it started to click. In the wasteland, grayish/brown/tangly wasteland textures looked pretty good, great sound design, combat feels good, I like how the dog can kill annoying shite like radroaches that I don't want to deal with. The ghoul animations look dope, firing off your weapon around them is like summoning an episode of Walking Dead - fights ended up being pretty challenging, VATS slow mo is pretty cool. Looting is so much better this time around, I always hated the original loot system - too many clicks! There are actually some doors to small buildings that you can open and walk into without loading, I don't think that was in Fallout 3 or Skyrim. Glad they revised lockpicking a little bit and didn't just completely recycle it, it feels a little crisper.

It certainly isn't Witcher 3 but definitely having fun now. Hoping there is a graphics patch coming soon because it looks like being sad on LSD looking at your mom's reflection in the turd bowl - and it doesn't even look as good as that!

6. Re: StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Launches Nov 10, 2015, 11:17 heroin

Another game based on an old engine. At least Blizzard polished the shit out of it so it actually looks good. Bethesda could learn a fucking thing or two from Blizzard.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 GeForce Tweaking Guide
85. Re: Fallout 4 GeForce Tweaking Guide Nov 10, 2015, 02:20 heroin

First two hours: Xbone controller taking over all controls... once reset and restarted - first quest marred by conrad not continuing to the next quest, first bodies I searched stuck to me like glue after searching, shit graphics (are they serious with some of these blurry blotchy textures I swear they are far worse than Fallout 3 fucking 7 years ago!), killed very easily by mosquitoes, bad frame rates... this is a fucking terrible port. I know I will like it after these humps but shit. Terrible beginning. Fuck you bethesda and your console shit.  

515 Comments. 26 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo