Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for sean

Real Name sean   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname heroin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 14, 2007, 13:13
Total Comments 565 (Apprentice)
User ID 33263

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
10. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 12, 2016, 15:44 heroin

Cutter wrote on Jun 12, 2016, 13:15:
Hearts of Stone was a great expansion and I'm loving Blood and Wine. I kinda wish they had made Toussaint the main game now.

I liked the main Witcher 3 game but honestly Hearts of Stone I found to be a little annoying. I'm finding Blood and Wine to be completely awesome though; that's a lot of great content for the asking price.

Also, glad to see DOOM still doing well; with almost no positive pre-publicity which would have spelled DOOM in the sales department for many games.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Jay Wilson Leaves Blizzard
13. Re: Jay Wilson Leaves Blizzard Jun 7, 2016, 05:21 heroin

I feel more screwed buying Overwatch. But, Diablo 3 became a good game... hoping the same thing happens to Overwatch.  

News Comments > WoW Increasing Draw Distances
9. Re: WoW Increasing Draw Distances Jun 5, 2016, 18:39 heroin

Wallshadows wrote on Jun 5, 2016, 14:36:
always phenomenal music team.

Seriously, the WoW sound team is fucking awesome. They've got a team of Stravinsky's for soundtracks and a couple of Brian Eno's for the ambient sound and Sound Light & Magic for creating all of the other sounds. I think that was how I got into WoW, you smoke a joint and you'll get sucked into that shit!

News Comments > Battleborn Writer Leaves Gearbox
5. Re: Battleborn Writer Leaves Gearbox Jun 4, 2016, 14:47 heroin

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 4, 2016, 14:33:
MOBA writer must be a dream job. Jack off to pr0n all day and get paid. Awesome.

More jobs like this please!

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Jun 2, 2016, 21:19 heroin

MMMmmm... old farts  

News Comments > Witcher III: The Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine Released
45. Re: Witcher III: The Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine Released Jun 1, 2016, 20:29 heroin

clint wrote on Jun 1, 2016, 05:17:
If the combat has to be perfect, then the game probably isnt your style. Its like complaining about the lack of a story and character development in Doom. For me if the combat was totally removed and you just walked around and did puzzles instead (like a adventure game) then I would have still paid full price and loved it. Passable combat is a bonus.

That is a really good point. Without the combat the game would still be awesome, actually it may even be more interesting. It's like taking the Alien out of Alien: Isolation. That said - I don't know what tweaks they've made since I last played the game, but in this new expansion the combat feels a little better.

16. Re: Witcher III: The Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine Released May 31, 2016, 14:44 heroin

I'd agree that the Witcher's combat isn't that interesting. In fact, I really thought the Witcher had some of the worst controls of any game I've ever played until I got a controller. I refused controller's until the Witcher and must say I find romping around in the game to be much smoother and enjoyable. The game is really designed for the controller. Combat still won't be that interesting though, not that I really care about that  

7. Re: Witcher III: The Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine Released May 31, 2016, 11:46 heroin

I hope Bethesda is watching and taking notes from CD Projekt Red. Their Far Harbor expansion is more expensive and gives a lot less game-play. On top of that, it definitely has some cool set pieces and lighting effects but seems to lack any sort of interesting forward progression. Just like the core game I feel a bit bored by it and I definitely did not get the other two shitpansions they put out for it.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Turning One
6. Re: Heroes of the Storm Turning One May 28, 2016, 04:28 heroin

Same here - I played DOTA 2, way too much but was always really stressed out by it and how long matches could become. HOTS, I can get in and out - while the game still has a lot of punch to it.

Match-making has become a lot better than it was in the past. I feel like it took this whole entire year to really get the game into gear but I really do feel that the game is in a really good state right now and though I've played the game for what seems like 1.5-2 years, it only recently became one of my favorite games to play. And with HL bans usually matches do not include the more OP toons like Morales, KT, Illidan, Tracer, Li Ming.

This is what I keep saying about Overwatch (not worth entry right now IMO). I think the game is polished, nice to look at, there's stuff there - but it's sort of boring unless you've got a group. Give Blizz a year and they'll start to fix it up.

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews May 20, 2016, 11:40 heroin

Game reviews....  

News Comments > Game Reviews
7. Re: Game Reviews May 14, 2016, 17:50 heroin

New Doom is pretty cool. I wrote the game off completely before it was released after seeing all the garble about the multiplayer component, but watching the SP & MP on Twitch and reading some early reviews got me hyped on it.

I'm glad I bought it and like it for what it is. I like the multiplayer - even though after playing something like Overwatch it's a little underwhelming. Single-player, although I'm not blown away by what is there like I was with Return to Wolfenstein - it's a lot of fun. Really, that is what the game is about. I really like exploring and trying to find the secrets. Gazing at some of the spectacular set pieces. It's got great pacing and spatial qualities that are hard to find in gaming... besides the periodically annoying objective backtracking and getting lost part. I'm hoping a decent mod community builds up for this game. CTF with grappling hook needs to happen.

I do gotta say that the pseudo-NiN/Meshuggah inspired soundtrack is probably the highlight of the game for me. The guy who did they sound put up a behind the music thing yesterday: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua-f0ypVbPA

News Comments > 9.7 Million Play the Overwatch Beta
6. Re: 9.7 Million Play the Overwatch Beta May 12, 2016, 20:56 heroin

I look at it as something Blizz is going to keep improving and expanding, I think over the course of the next couple of years it might turn into something cool. But, like I am saying, I think Heroes of the Storm finally hit a sweet spot and like Diablo 3 before it - I think I see a trend where they polish the hell out of their finalized concepts and then 2 years after launch and constant tweaking/additions their games start to turn into something that is actually competitive and fun.

Which is kind of silly to think about since I feel like the overall Overwatch product should be a lot better (and have A LOT more content) considering the amount of time and money Blizz has sunken into it. They've got those Taco Bell ads to hit those numbers.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Legion Beta Nears
8. Re: World of Warcraft Legion Beta Nears May 12, 2016, 15:52 heroin

If that was a joke, it became a reality in Heroes of the Storm.  

News Comments > World of Warcraft Legion Beta Nears
3. Re: World of Warcraft Legion Beta Nears May 12, 2016, 14:35 heroin

I vote dark elves.
I like that idea! I agree too, that I'm not sure why Blizzard have focused on creating completely new "worlds". I was leveling up a toon not long ago and going from Wrath to Cataclysm to Pandaria... to Draenor is quite jarring. It's definitely time to bring it back to Azeroth and build there, even if they've gotta go deep. The game really feels like a hack job playing through it now with it's "fast progression" style.

I'd almost say they should get rid of Pandaria and Draenor completely...

News Comments > Overwatch Open Beta Opens
41. Re: Overwatch Open Beta Opens May 5, 2016, 20:24 heroin

Seriously, while I really do like Blizzard's multiplayer components in their games - I still rather miss the good ol' Quake 1 & 2 community mods. Glad Bluesnews is still going strong though  

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financials
1. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials May 5, 2016, 20:21 heroin

half a billion active users... that is pretty much unfathomable.  

News Comments > Blizzard on Vanilla WoW Shutdown
55. Re: Blizzard on Vanilla WoW Shutdown Apr 26, 2016, 23:29 heroin

I have a feeling Blizzard will be working with the Nostalrius dev/admin team in the near future. It'd be hilarious if they started "Vanilla WoW" using the 1-60 content in the game now, tweaked the mechanics to be a little more challenging and then started releasing new expansions for that iteration. I know that's not going to happen, but I'm down!

This comment was edited on Apr 26, 2016, 23:36.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 17, 2016, 13:06 heroin

Agree, Overwatch for me was fun playing it obsessively for a couple of days - it's definitely a cool (polished) game, but just needs more maps, more variety in game modes and of course balancing (though I hope it doesn't include Bastion :)). They've got a lot of work to do to justify the price.  

News Comments > Overwatch Trailer
2. Re: Overwatch Trailer Mar 22, 2016, 00:21 heroin

I don't see anything wrong with any Blizzard games... They're definitely one of my favorite current gaming developers and one of my all time favorite developers. However, they've proven they have superior design chops and I do wish they would use that talent and create something completely original. They've nailed many genres, copycat + Blizzard polish. If they continue to copy cat they will realize that Valve put out a little single-player game like Portal. Yeah, I think they should focus on creating a mind-blowing single-player game unlike anything anyone has played before.

Anyway, from what I've played of Overwatch - it's fun but not enough content yet - but what they did extremely well was create characters that each feel very unique. They hit those little details most developers would look over (more than likely since they are a pain in the ass to implement). For instance, the builder is a dwarf. It feels like playing a dwarf because through it's eyes everyone really is much bigger than you. I like how Lucio really does feel like he's rollerblading. There are a lot of nice touches to each of the characters in that game. Worth the $40 or 60 I spent? ... not yet but it's still pretty neat every once in a while.

And honestly, this trailer made me cringe a little bit, lol! I think it's proof they should stay away from film. They are great at creating cliche ridden, Hollywood heavy glitz - 1 minute trailers, or short ADHD ridden in-game scenes. Anything over two minutes they can't seem to handle - can't wait to see how awesomely bad the Warcraft film is.

This comment was edited on Mar 22, 2016, 00:28.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $110M
19. Re: Star Citizen Passes $110M Mar 14, 2016, 13:10 heroin

Have you guys even played the most recent alpha? I had more fun in that in 60 minutes than 20 hours of Elite. But, it was mostly due to my time sneaking onto people's vanity boats. I was cynical (not as cynical as the Internetz) but some of the super ships are definitely prime for nerd ejaculate; a bukkake symphony of PC geekdom.

I don't give a flying fuck how long it takes for them to belt out a "finished" product. Just because they have 100 million really only means that they have a long time to work on creating something excellent. And from this early alpha - I'd say they're doing fine.

565 Comments. 29 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo