Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for sean

Real Name sean   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname heroin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 14, 2007, 13:13
Total Comments 466 (Amateur)
User ID 33263

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Employee Article Follow-up
48. Re: Star Citizen Employee Article Follow-up Oct 2, 2015, 15:42 heroin

Derek Fart's a poptart into the donkey cart at K-mart sounding like a messed up Skrillex bass part, then the loudspeaker rang: "Derek Fart Tart please depart using your "state of the art" graphic art star chart." Derek Smart's black heart became a weak part his whole life fallen short of state of the art, he was clearly never a gaming Bogart and there was no way out this Kmart using other people's star charts. He continued pushing his K-Mart pushcart thinking up his next pointless poison dart.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Employees "Speak Out"
7. Re: Star Citizen Employees Oct 1, 2015, 18:03 heroin

Well, sounds like it might be good that his full time job is defending his game - maybe people will be able to finish something.  

News Comments > Star Citizen's $900 Ship
50. Re: Star Citizen's $900 Ship Sep 30, 2015, 12:27 heroin

MILK IT, MOOOOOOOOOO  

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Hero, Skin, and Mount Plans
2. Re: Heroes of the Storm Hero, Skin, and Mount Plans Sep 21, 2015, 20:57 heroin

While I wouldn't buy a skin with real money, I really like the skins, mounts and color adjustments in this game.  

News Comments > Elite Dangerous SteamVR Support Plans
21. Re: Elite Dangerous SteamVR Support Plans Sep 21, 2015, 14:31 heroin

I played Elite before Truck Simulator... and have to say that Truck Simulator is more interesting than Elite. I might give this game 1 or 2 hours in VR while smoking a giant spliff, but basically I wish I could get my $75.00 back.  

News Comments > Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex First Assault Online Beta Signups
3. Re: Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex First Assault Online Beta Signups Sep 18, 2015, 13:22 heroin

Yeah, making a Ghost in the Shell game a shooter is a terrible idea, do they have no respect?!  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Videos
10. Re: Fallout 4 Videos Sep 16, 2015, 20:12 heroin

Wonder if this is going to beat out Witcher 3. I think I'm totally in love with that game, playing it my second time through and new expansion is coming out soon. I feel like W3 will be hard to beat and I am a long time Fallout fan - but what I've seen so far of F4 hasn't been incredibly interesting.  

News Comments > Amnesia Free on Steam
11. Re: Amnesia Free on Steam Sep 15, 2015, 19:33 heroin

Never finished Amnesia, it was great! So good, I could barely bring myself to play it after a long days work. Same with Alien: Isolation, love that game! Still can't bring myself to play it through til the end even though I always think to myself "Should I delve into it now?" Nope, more riding my horse and beholding the beautiful sunset in Witcher 3.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
30. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 14, 2015, 00:55 heroin

I agree, there is no contest. As a corporation, Blizzard does very well for itself... but consider Steam Sales... Remember back when, when it was nearly impossible to buy older games on PC after a year or so, when retail no longer carried the titles (hell, I just re-bought Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II again). And then remember how Steam sales bolster profits over time - when Steam started selling games for less - we saw the price of many games drop backed by the fact that they sold more for less but ultimately made more profits. A slap in the face to mainstream capitalism but it's worked it's way even into music (pay what you want).  

17. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 13, 2015, 18:33 heroin

Yeah, exactly. Their platform works for them. They sell retail and through their website, the prices take a long time to come down - but Blizzard puts far more effort into updating their games on a consistent basis than any other studio so you get what you pay for for their paid products. On the other hand HOTS & HS, you can play for completely free - but they do a pretty good job enticing you to pay for something, but you don't have to pay if you have patience and continue to play.  

11. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 13, 2015, 16:45 heroin

Yeah, that's the thing and why more than likely I will be voting Witcher 3 for game of the year (we'll see how Fallout 4 fares).

First round of Witcher 3 I played a long time - I don't even remember how long but I hardly touched the side quests. The game actually warrants a second playthrough and on my second playthrough I've been taking it slow, exploring more and going through the secondary content. A lot of that secondary content is winding with surprising quality/narrative.

I tried to give GTAV a second playthrough - but I did not find it as satisfying the second time. Probably give it a couple years and go at it again, it's a great game but probably need to have forgotten about it to go back again.

Been taking MGSV with strides, it's a game that is content in only being played one mission at a time. Gameplay mechanics-wise it's fucking awesome but it's seriously bare-bones when you're not on a mission. And even then, some will find the missions repetitive if they aren't into the gameplay or experimenting.

Mad Max, I probably will never see finished - in the same fashion that I never got to the end of any of the Batman, Assassin's Creed, or Far Cry 3 or 4 games.

3. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 13, 2015, 12:41 heroin

In price comparison - I think Witcher 3 is still worth $60.00, thus MGSV should sell for $40.00 and Mad Max $20. In some regard Witcher 3 is probably worth $80.00 in that context MGSV could probably stick around at it's price point of $60.00, and Mad Max at $40.00 (but I honestly wouldn't pay more than $20.00 for it). Satellite Reign in all cases should not cost more than $5.00-$10.00.

Mad Max is a fun little tiddy, but it's super simplified, more than slightly generic and still rough around many edges, edges that should have been polished.

But, anyway - that's a good looking list of games.

This comment was edited on Sep 13, 2015, 12:47.

News Comments > Steam Top Nine
12. Re: Steam Top Nine Sep 6, 2015, 18:34 heroin

MGSV is great, about 15 hours in but I'm still leaning on Witcher 3 for GOTY so far. Sure, MGSV definitely has gameplay down far beyond (especially control-wise which absolutely sucked horribly in W3) Witcher 3 but I just loved all the detail in W3 and all of the character & dialogue. It still seems like a nearly impossible game to make.

I guess I can't make a definitive judgement just yet considering I put 100+ hours into W3... and F4 is coming out soon. I'm definitely willing to say that MGSV is the best action game I've ever played. For some reason it has been giving me this nostalgic feeling of Airborne Rangers (albeit MGSV has weird scifi twists) which I used to play obsessively about 25 years ago. And that's a good thing, that game was amazing.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Sep 3, 2015, 20:54 heroin

MASSIVE CHALICE, har har har  

News Comments > WildStar F2P This Month
6. Re: WildStar F2P This Month Sep 3, 2015, 14:05 heroin

News Comments > WildStar F2P This Month
3. Re: WildStar F2P This Month Sep 3, 2015, 13:05 heroin

I'll give it another shot since it's free. But, seriously - this game is like the Jar Jar Binks of MMO's so I'm not sure if my nerves will be able to take it for very long.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
11. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 3, 2015, 01:29 heroin

Don't really have a problem if they continuing to release quality shows and releasing in seasons. So, far I'd say it's far and beyond "just another TV station". You can see that in NF history but more recently in Narcos. They do a great job. Fuck TV, haven't had one since 2001 and never missed out on good shit like Sopranos, Futurama, Adventure Time, Breaking Bad, True Detective, Game of Thrones blah blah blah in the age of the interwebs, no commercials being a major a major factor.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
13. Re: Game Reviews Sep 2, 2015, 19:23 heroin

The game needs a lot of work. The controls still sort of suck, the missions aren't that interesting. Interiors and NPCs with voice-acting would be nice, maybe some cutscenes, more changes in scenery, more interactivity with the environment or conversations with your team or NPCs. Maybe work out the bugs where the cars don't pile up on eachother and look completely unrealistic as they go by or stop right on you. Basically, it'd be cool if it were more like a RPG :). If they release mod-tools then probably we could have something good in the future. Right now, it's pretty much not worth playing.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
6. Re: Game Reviews Sep 2, 2015, 12:43 heroin

Satellite Reign for me was a waste of $30.00. It looks cool, but jesus, I find it totally boring and empty. MGS V now, that has been bringing me actual big smiles. For instance I haven't played one mission that I haven't messed up, but it was very gratifying rectifying that with grenades launches up all the soldiers rectums. Smiles all through the air!  

News Comments > Torchlight Burns Out Runic
28. Re: Torchlight Burns Out Runic Sep 1, 2015, 19:24 heroin

AH man, they are giving up! Why not pull a "Smart Move" and sue Blizzard over Diablo 3 for not living up to expectations! That will certainly draw attention to your smaller if not completely insignificant project.  

466 Comments. 24 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo