Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 07/23

Regularly scheduled events

User information for sean

Real Name sean   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname heroin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 14, 2007, 13:13
Total Comments 396 (Amateur)
User ID 33263

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

News Comments > Elite Dangerous: Arena for Free
1. Re: Elite Dangerous: Arena for Free Jul 8, 2016, 12:29 heroin

Honestly, spent $70 on this game during beta and probably spent, max 8 hours playing. Any reason to return?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
49. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 7, 2016, 01:33 heroin

Still the best, thanks for keeping the site old school!  

News Comments > Witcher III: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition Plans
14. Re: Witcher III: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition Plans Jul 6, 2016, 14:49 heroin

Blood and Wine should get Game of the Year.  

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm DirectX 11 Patch on PTR
6. Re: Heroes of the Storm DirectX 11 Patch on PTR Jul 6, 2016, 07:01 heroin

HOTS is one of my favorite games but jesus christ if the game doesn't have some shitty performance issues related to memory. More so, it has the fucking WORST disconnect/reconnect issues I have ever seen in any multiplayer game, it searches the fucking replays to bring you back into the game resulting in: YOU HAVE BEEN DISCONNECTED, RECONNECT SUCCESSFUL, YOU HAVE BEEN DISCONNECTED, YOU HAVE DIED, RECONNECT SUCCESSFUL, YOU HAVE BEEN DISCONNECTED 5, 8, 19, 10, 2, 5, 1, 25 seconds remaining, YOU HAVE DIED. Then if it is a Hero League game, after all of the bullshit, it will be 20 minutes later and you will have 3 quick matches to player due to leaver status.  

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Free Heroes Weekend
2. Re: Heroes of the Storm Free Heroes Weekend Jun 25, 2016, 10:24 heroin

Been playing this game since alpha, I honestly only played Valla for about a year straight. But, now I have about 30 heroes ready to play in Hero League - my favorite hero by far is Sylvannas. She feels amazing in most Hero League matches - pushing lanes, clearing waves with ease, stopping towers from damage output to minions & heroes, MIND CONTROL (taking over an enemy character's hero temporarily, great for grabbing a pesky Tracer or healer) AND she has the best escape since it is able to fly through walls. Plus, Sylvannas has a nasty tongue and is good to look at (I like the elven ladies).

Rehgar is going to get nerfed soon, but he is so much fun to last hit and heal with.

The game has definitely gotten much better over time - though I still kinda hate Temple of Doom in Hero League.

News Comments > Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number Level Editor
3. Re: Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number Level Editor Jun 23, 2016, 09:03 heroin

Was just reading up on how they created these games in Game Maker...  

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Jun 20, 2016, 17:54 heroin

People have said that the Warcraft film was an OK fantasy film. I thought it was sooooooo fucking boring. And believe me, I love Warcraft, I think I've played through Warcraft 3 like 10 times at least (I love the lore).

I'm not sure why Blizzard has been so conflicted with how they represent their games. The CGI ads are fucking awesome, yet do not display the true nature & tone of Warcraft (cartoony, goofy, silly, pop cultural). Then they have the in-game animation ads which are on point but everyone wants the CGI instead... so why make a film with real characters? And even though there was some poor attempts at humor in the film, it was mostly so damn self-serious.

News Comments > Overwatch Roadmap
16. Re: Overwatch Roadmap Jun 16, 2016, 22:11 heroin

If you bought it from Blizzard's website then you were slightly scammed. They made it seem like there was only a $60 version, but somewhere in there was the $40 version. I got Tracer in HOTS because of that... I hate Tracer, I wish that toon was never made, I think Kotick is way into Tracer.  

News Comments > Overwatch Roadmap
7. Re: Overwatch Roadmap Jun 16, 2016, 01:36 heroin

thecakeisalie wrote on Jun 15, 2016, 21:28:
Most of the people I know, including myself, have already given up on Overhype. Game shipped before it was finished and the netcode/server prediction and matchmaking are horrible. It'll turn into another Heroes of the Storm shortly with a small die-hard fan base and that's it.

I personally think Heroes of the Storm is far superior to Overcooked. But, it did take HOTS a good amount of time after the official release to become something killer. I think overtime more and more people will get down with how HOTS has cooked up. It took me a little less than 2 months of the beta to be completely done with Overcooked for now. Congratulations to Blizzard for figuring out how much people love multiplayer first person shooters and graphics....

News Comments > Elder Scrolls VI in Development
39. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 14, 2016, 16:06 heroin

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Jun 14, 2016, 15:58:
Tachikoma wrote on Jun 14, 2016, 15:30:
stuff

were done better in the Ultima series nearly 30 years ago. I suppose the mainline Ultima games weren't first-person (except for dungeon exploration in I - V) but nearly all of the open world stuff you describe was front and center in Ultima V-VII.

This is very true. I wish Garriot were working on a single-player spiritual successor to Ultima 6 or 7. Instead, he's currently polishing the turd that is the spiritual successor to UO.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
15. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 12, 2016, 18:49 heroin

1badmf wrote on Jun 12, 2016, 17:27:
so, a little bird (who works at blizzard) told me recently that they're working on a single player component for overwatch. possibly out next year.

It better be for free because I definitely don't feel like my $40.00 went so far with Overwatch, of which I pre-purchased - because I usually pre-purchase all Blizz games & expansions.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
10. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 12, 2016, 15:44 heroin

Cutter wrote on Jun 12, 2016, 13:15:
Hearts of Stone was a great expansion and I'm loving Blood and Wine. I kinda wish they had made Toussaint the main game now.

I liked the main Witcher 3 game but honestly Hearts of Stone I found to be a little annoying. I'm finding Blood and Wine to be completely awesome though; that's a lot of great content for the asking price.

Also, glad to see DOOM still doing well; with almost no positive pre-publicity which would have spelled DOOM in the sales department for many games.

News Comments > Jay Wilson Leaves Blizzard
13. Re: Jay Wilson Leaves Blizzard Jun 7, 2016, 05:21 heroin

I feel more screwed buying Overwatch. But, Diablo 3 became a good game... hoping the same thing happens to Overwatch.  

News Comments > WoW Increasing Draw Distances
9. Re: WoW Increasing Draw Distances Jun 5, 2016, 18:39 heroin

Wallshadows wrote on Jun 5, 2016, 14:36:
always phenomenal music team.

Seriously, the WoW sound team is fucking awesome. They've got a team of Stravinsky's for soundtracks and a couple of Brian Eno's for the ambient sound and Sound Light & Magic for creating all of the other sounds. I think that was how I got into WoW, you smoke a joint and you'll get sucked into that shit!

News Comments > Battleborn Writer Leaves Gearbox
5. Re: Battleborn Writer Leaves Gearbox Jun 4, 2016, 14:47 heroin

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 4, 2016, 14:33:
MOBA writer must be a dream job. Jack off to pr0n all day and get paid. Awesome.

More jobs like this please!

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Jun 2, 2016, 21:19 heroin

MMMmmm... old farts  

News Comments > Witcher III: The Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine Released
45. Re: Witcher III: The Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine Released Jun 1, 2016, 20:29 heroin

clint wrote on Jun 1, 2016, 05:17:
If the combat has to be perfect, then the game probably isnt your style. Its like complaining about the lack of a story and character development in Doom. For me if the combat was totally removed and you just walked around and did puzzles instead (like a adventure game) then I would have still paid full price and loved it. Passable combat is a bonus.

That is a really good point. Without the combat the game would still be awesome, actually it may even be more interesting. It's like taking the Alien out of Alien: Isolation. That said - I don't know what tweaks they've made since I last played the game, but in this new expansion the combat feels a little better.

16. Re: Witcher III: The Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine Released May 31, 2016, 14:44 heroin

I'd agree that the Witcher's combat isn't that interesting. In fact, I really thought the Witcher had some of the worst controls of any game I've ever played until I got a controller. I refused controller's until the Witcher and must say I find romping around in the game to be much smoother and enjoyable. The game is really designed for the controller. Combat still won't be that interesting though, not that I really care about that  

7. Re: Witcher III: The Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine Released May 31, 2016, 11:46 heroin

I hope Bethesda is watching and taking notes from CD Projekt Red. Their Far Harbor expansion is more expensive and gives a lot less game-play. On top of that, it definitely has some cool set pieces and lighting effects but seems to lack any sort of interesting forward progression. Just like the core game I feel a bit bored by it and I definitely did not get the other two shitpansions they put out for it.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Turning One
6. Re: Heroes of the Storm Turning One May 28, 2016, 04:28 heroin

Same here - I played DOTA 2, way too much but was always really stressed out by it and how long matches could become. HOTS, I can get in and out - while the game still has a lot of punch to it.

Match-making has become a lot better than it was in the past. I feel like it took this whole entire year to really get the game into gear but I really do feel that the game is in a really good state right now and though I've played the game for what seems like 1.5-2 years, it only recently became one of my favorite games to play. And with HL bans usually matches do not include the more OP toons like Morales, KT, Illidan, Tracer, Li Ming.

This is what I keep saying about Overwatch (not worth entry right now IMO). I think the game is polished, nice to look at, there's stuff there - but it's sort of boring unless you've got a group. Give Blizz a year and they'll start to fix it up.

396 Comments. 20 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo