Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for sean

Real Name sean   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname heroin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 14, 2007, 13:13
Total Comments 589 (Apprentice)
User ID 33263

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > RAGE 2 Announce Trailer
16. Re: RAGE 2 Announce Trailer May 15, 2018, 02:52 heroin

I played RAGE years after the release initially put off by all the grumps out there. It was a pretty awesome game just a bit too linear. Some of the locations and characters were awesome and the combat I remember thinking was a lot of fun. Mad Max was like RAGE (in my opinion) an awesomely OK game. Unlike RAGE in being a little bland in being linear, Mad Max was a little bland in that the world was open but not in a very interesting way - I remember it being sort of like an Ubisoft game but even more repetitively boring. Hopefully, Avalanche can find the right balance but either way, I will disregard that trailer and look forward to playing it.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black May 10, 2018, 22:00 heroin

I love Rick & Morty - like someone said, if they can keep up the quality of season 3 then I'm all for it. There's no doubt in my mind that they wouldn't be able to.  

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Released
2. Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Released May 8, 2018, 22:40 heroin

Finally, a game worth playing this year...  

News Comments > Destiny 2 Activision's Largest PC Launch
2. Re: Destiny 2 Activision's Largest PC Launch May 2, 2018, 11:24 heroin

Yeah, if they don't release the missing 50-70% of the game for FREE, it's over.  

News Comments > Warcraft III Job Listing
3. Re: Warcraft III Job Listing Apr 25, 2018, 11:55 heroin

Warcraft 4 ALREADY!  

News Comments > Destiny 2 Warmind Details
3. Re: Destiny 2 Warmind Details Apr 24, 2018, 23:03 heroin

It's pretty simple, there just isn't enough content. They release shit DLC for too much and too little content. The endgame content in my opinion is just straight up a huge pain in the ass to get into. And like you suggested - they have competition - so they should be working fucking hard to beat that competition. They're just asking to fail.  

News Comments > Destiny 2 Warmind Details
1. Re: Destiny 2 Warmind Details Apr 24, 2018, 21:51 heroin

lol, crickets....  

News Comments > Valve Acquires Campo Santo
15. Re: Valve Acquires Campo Santo Apr 22, 2018, 17:28 heroin

Redmask wrote on Apr 22, 2018, 15:55:
I swear people think that anything written in some quasi-Whedon banter automatically makes something decent. Firewatch was awful throughout, fucking awful. Huge amount of backtracking, negligible gameplay and a hokey story that culminates in one of the worst endings seen in a videogame. It being indie is no excuse for it sucking.

Doing some writing for TWD and Firewatch doesn't make these guys a good buy but whatever, Valve is just totally off its rocker these days.

Absolutely, agree. I was looking forward to that game but feel like I finished the stupid short game because I spent the $20. All of the dialogue made me want to choke on vomit. "small but scrappy studio from San Francisco" GTFOuttahere.

News Comments > Battlefield V Battle Royale Plans?
3. Re: Battlefield V Battle Royale Plans? Apr 18, 2018, 21:38 heroin

Yeah, I wanna knock it and say it will fail but unfortunately we have Fortnite as evidence that that isn't true. A game that sat in the shadows of PUBG for a while and then almost overnight had the most massive following. Never underestimate the doozers (cartoony + building shit).  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 16, 2018, 12:10 heroin

Yeah FUCK TurboTax. Intuit is a great place to work, they have a great salad bar, kombucha, a snack cart goes around with free whatever you want, it's pure luxury. If your job sucks you should try to work at Intuit. But, Intuit fights to keep you doing your taxes and they fight to minimize their competition.

This year TurboTax was going to charge me $80 to file... while Credit Karma was $0 for both both Federal & state. Looks like Intuit is in a losing battle.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Warmind Expansion Next Month
2. Re: Destiny 2 Warmind Expansion Next Month Apr 11, 2018, 22:48 heroin

I had a lot of fun with it for 20-30 hours, so I think I got my monies worth. But, the end game content sucked and quickly ran out of anything to do. Definitely passing on the DLCs.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 11, 2018, 22:05 heroin

Ironic, Trump seems to love his whores. I guess he just has a thing against working class Back Page whores. This is class war!  

7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 2, 2018, 17:03 heroin

I've been sitting anywhere from 6-10 feet away, can see all details and still appears massive.  

4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 2, 2018, 15:19 heroin

Finally got a Smart TV (50" Samsung) to pair with the Steam Link I got for $5 a few months back. Out of all the games I tested, (Evil Within 2, Far Cry 5, Fallout 4, Witcher 3, Ass Creed Origins, DOOM, GTA V, FFXV) the most impressive difference I found was with FFXV, just looks so much smoother on that medium. Only wished that I actually liked playing that game!

Couldn't play any of my Blizz games, even streaming Heroes from Steam Link onto the TV had severe lag - Destiny 2 controller wouldn't work and severe drop in FPS. I still like my keyboard/mouse with monitors close to my face, but big screen is great for games like Far Cry 5.

News Comments > 2018 GDC and IGF Awards
8. Re: 2018 GDC and IGF Awards Mar 23, 2018, 12:25 heroin

still no love to Divine Divinity OS  

News Comments > Quake Champions Spring Update Launches; Cheaper Mode Comes Tomorrow
12. Re: Quake Champions Spring Update Launches; Cheaper Mode Comes Tomorrow Mar 16, 2018, 01:21 heroin

When I was scrolling down quickly I skim-read "boring cosmetics" somehow in place of "bringing new cosmetics". That about sums it up though, this game has been a total bummer. I still adore Quake and to a degree Quake 2; I want my brown doom and gloom with heads flying off to the sound of industrial noise... this shit is like if Hot Topic was creepin' on fucking Tracer dressed up in a Hello Kitty outfit - fuck that shit. The things people do to get big on Twitch...  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 5, 2018, 01:47 heroin

I'm diggin' Deep Rock Galactic. The core gameplay is solid, weapons feel good, the coop feels great, ai/enemies are a bit lacking, needs some time in the frying pan. But, playing scout has been a lot of fun, grappling hook and the ability to light up caverns like no one else is a lot of fun.  

News Comments > 0N 0W Launches
24. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 4, 2018, 15:21 heroin

It's something like that, it's always different and very dependent on a few factors, most important being the dosage, how much was inhaled, how long it was held in and how many tokes were taken.

Terence McKenna was great at trying to describe it, but he was 100% correct in saying that it is the "unspeakable", "un-englishable", and a "100% reality channel switch". That experience holds so much information beyond the scales of human language that although a lot has been said of it - nothing can come close to even describing 1% of it, it just has to be experienced to be understood at any level.

Some people say that it is the process of soul/consciousness entering & exiting the body, entering another dimension, the previous state before the Big Bang, there's also a lot of misinformation out there - like DMT is created in the pineal gland or "3rd eye"or that DMT is endogenous to the brain (DMT is found in the lungs)... others - usually people who haven't had the balls to experience this for themselves will say it is the brain malfunctioning, lol. The one thing DMT proves to me, at least, is that the possibilities are endless and that humanity is only just beginning to learn anything about the nature of reality whether that be out there in the Universe or in neuroscience.

22. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 4, 2018, 10:39 heroin

I've helped almost 40 people have their first experiences with this amazing molecule, but only on very small dosages. While I wouldn't say that DMT is recreational at all, either - there are obvious dose thresholds and methods that can be... easier to navigate.

I never load more than 15mg of changa - if they want more, then I point them in the direction of self extraction. Within the realms of a 15mg dose, no one is going to get to that place where one is ripped from their body and ejected off the planet faster than the speed of light through whatever mechanism of death exists and born into another world to live eternally. I've been there - and I know no one is ready for that.

I'd say if someone would think 3 hours in a float tank/sensory deprivation tank is "recreational" then they are ready to see what the sub realms of a 10-15mg DMT sub-breakthrough holds.

20. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 3, 2018, 18:08 heroin

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Mar 3, 2018, 02:31:
heroin wrote on Mar 2, 2018, 15:27:
The DMT realms or "hyperspace" influence needs to be injected into more games. Once one has seen it for real... holy shit balls.

The 10 minute window into infinity. It would be cool to step into a virtual representation of abstract subconscious discoveries like the "Earth Coincidence Control Office" (as described in John C. Lilly's The Center of The Cyclone), but how does one re-create such a thing? Maybe in the near future we can translate what we see inside our minds to an image or render or some type.. but that would require imaging something that is not necessarily 1D/2D/3D, which is a pretty massive problem to solve before anything like that is possible.

It will probably take 500 years before we could replicate anything even .0000000000000000000000000001% close to it with bio-technology. And in 500 years those that experience whatever that is that the pseudo-apes create - they will say "Holy shit, this is ground-breaking / revolutionary!!" lol, people should listen up and smoke DMT now.

589 Comments. 30 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo