Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for sean

Real Name sean   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname heroin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 14, 2007, 13:13
Total Comments 531 (Apprentice)
User ID 33263

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Dead Space 2 Selling 4M "Wasn't Enough"
8. Re: Dead Space 2 Selling 4M Oct 18, 2017, 12:09 heroin

Honestly, I wouldn't give a shit if Bioware bit the dust. Larian & CD Projekt Red are the new kings & queens of the CRPG while Bioware has continued to fail since, arguably, 2011. Move out the way.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PUBG Sets New CCU Record, Bans More Players
13. Re: PUBG Sets New CCU Record, Bans More Players Oct 16, 2017, 12:28 heroin

looks like it's still going on if you want to see some WTF: https://go.twitch.tv/forsenlol  

News Comments > PUBG Sets New CCU Record, Bans More Players
12. Re: PUBG Sets New CCU Record, Bans More Players Oct 16, 2017, 11:50 heroin

Speaking of bans, I watched the craziest stream sniping zerg that lasted hours yesterday on Forsens' Twitch channel. His entire chat was taken over by spammers - spamming "YOU DO NOT REMOVE FORSENS" or some shit like that, I had no idea of what it meant.

It was hard to tell what and how it was happening. Every game this guy played about 20-30 players would be there for him broadcasting profanity, noise, scary movie sounds and "You do not remove forsens" and they'd all gather around him at the start. And then when the jump came they'd try to jump when he did.

Those that didn't make the jump would find motorcycles and cars and drive to him ASAP. You could hear them coming because they'd broadcast in-game, the sound was terrifying. And they killed him over and over and over again. Definitely the most nightmarish stream sniping gangbang I've ever seen, lol!

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 15, 2017, 23:45 heroin

On with the shitty PUBG clones that fail and fail and fail.  

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Free Weekend
10. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Free Weekend Oct 10, 2017, 21:55 heroin

Yeah this game is actually quite a bit of fun in co-op and it is a very good looking game, very well optimized as well. Unfortunately, it gets boring pretty quickly... but it's still a game you can keep coming back to and drop in for an hour or two here/there.  

News Comments > New PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Player Record
6. Re: New PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Player Record Oct 9, 2017, 23:07 heroin

I'm not good at the game but there are many moments that I've had where I have laughed out loud at how awesome & ridiculous the game is.

Yesterday, I landed on the same roof as someone, he chased me around the roof punching me, I ran to the corner of the roof grabbed a shotgun, shot him once in the torso - cuz I suck and he punched the final punch. I fucking laughed because it was the same random guy I was punching in the face before the drop. It's hard to make me laugh these days, unless you are Dave Chapelle's Special.

There was another one yesterday where I swam across the god damn river because the forcefield was coming in and no boat was in sight. I made it in the nick of time only to be flanked on the beach, I dove under and headed towards a nearby motorboat, nabbed it, continued to get holes punched into it and made it down the beach. Just in time for the forcefield to start creeping in, I hauled ass until I saw a motorcycle - by the time I got to it the forcefield was at arms reach and puttered away to the second to last circle, all the while on the lookout for other people sneaking around.

I'm having a blast, I like the pacing and if you know where to look - where the common (parchute) drop ins are - you can have those deathmatch fights right away if you wanted. I've been having fun just stealthing shit, landing in areas where hopefully no one else lands and then only making kills when I'm 110% I'm going to succeed.

It's the most fun I've had in a multiplayer shooter since the original CS or Quake Team Fortress - like 70 years ago. It's definitely a game where the phrase "greater than the sum of it's parts" is very accurate. I wanted to hate the game, sorry

News Comments > New PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Player Record
3. Re: New PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Player Record Oct 9, 2017, 16:28 heroin

I don't know, I like Arma 3 but I'm not a fan of playing it online because it's tedious and I absolutely hated every version of DayZ or DayZ clone there is. I thought I'd hate this but for me it merges those annoying tedious aspects of both Arma & DayZ and merges them into something that's pretty fun and fucking intense. Sure, the player base are fucking scoundrels and the devs are too, but the gameplay - as simple and unoriginal as it is - is much fun.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
1. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 1, 2017, 18:17 heroin

All praise DOS2!  

News Comments > Fallout Turning 20: Get a Free Copy
10. Re: Fallout Turning 20: Get a Free Copy Sep 30, 2017, 12:19 heroin

7 years since Beth decided to screw it up.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
4. Re: Evening Mobilization Sep 28, 2017, 08:40 heroin

I love Heroes of the Storm, don't get me wrong. But, god damn, I agree. Mobile this, multiplayer that, mobile this, multiplayer that. God damn Blizz, I hope you fall and blow up like the giant turd you are just like ZYNGA (generic BULLSHIT) did! But, they won't cuz Blizz always does everything so fucking well and always makes massive amounts of money and even if they didn't they could draw from the WoW throneroom for the next 4 centuries, lol!  

News Comments > Ruiner Released
8. Re: Ruiner Released Sep 27, 2017, 00:14 heroin

Luckily, with Divinity Original Sin 2 - a real game - has been delivered and I won't have to be looking for a new game for a while.  

News Comments > Ruiner Released
6. Re: Ruiner Released Sep 26, 2017, 21:50 heroin

From that little bit in the trailer - almost reminds me of a modern Crusader: No Remorse.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 26, 2017, 12:27 heroin

Funny to see both sleep & dementia together in the news but not linked. I saw a medical news article that suggested that dementia is linked to getting too much sleep.  

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
2. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Sep 25, 2017, 12:23 heroin

This looks like what I'd expect from the US, Project Nascar 2, Sim 4 & Farming Simulators with no Divinity Original Sin 2 in sight. I know the brits are going to get on with DOS2 or maybe they are shoveling those crumpets in the wrong place....  

News Comments > Ultima Online Turns 20
16. Re: Ultima Online Turns 20 Sep 25, 2017, 01:36 heroin

hell yeah DSO was a fantastic game that tied me over until UO beta. TEN was a neat platform for the day.

Placid wrote on Sep 25, 2017, 00:06:
Looks like my beta cd isn't very rare

I macro mined a ton of ore thats for sure!

Anyone remember Dark Sun Online?

Exciting time to be a gamer!

News Comments > Ultima Online Turns 20
3. Re: Ultima Online Turns 20 Sep 24, 2017, 14:24 heroin

The first webpage I ever created was for my UO fan page in 1996, back in a time when geocities existed and yahoo was the king of search engines. At the time being able to play an Ultima game online with hundreds/thousands of players was just the grandest idea.  

News Comments > Black Isle Studios Postmortem
5. Re: Black Isle Studios Postmortem Sep 4, 2017, 03:35 heroin

Only a handful of studios I miss, Bullfrog, Origin (or maybe this was a good thing to go), Looking Glass Technologies and Black Isle sits #1 right at the top of that list.

I'm surprised that Firaxis made it this far (yeah yeah, CIV is a cashcow). Out of all those innovative / groundbreaking games of the 96-99 gaming golden era, I'm glad to be playing XCOM2 by some of the awesome people that made my favorite strat ever - Alpha Centauri.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Trailer
5. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Trailer Aug 28, 2017, 21:57 heroin

I concur, as a big fan of the Black Isle games and Ultimas. DOS didn't do it for me. I played the first 4 hours of DOS2 and I wonder if it gets better but the same damn things that annoyed me with DOS1 are here in DOS2 and that is - sections that are puzzle or combat puzzle after puzzle after puzzle. It's just not my cup of tea, I'd rather focus on story / exploration - the way these games are designed don't really cater to that sort of Ultima open-world do whatever you want sort gameplay.

It almost reminds me of if you mixed one of the not as good Baldur's Gates into a classic Sierra game with some Xcom thrown in just because... environment/elements, and well that sounds good on paper (HTML), but I find myself getting stuck in painful ways, figuring it out and moving on to get stuck again another 10 minutes later, figuring it out whatever it is - but it ultimately just is not satisfying gameplay to me. I know there are people that love this sort of thing, but I'd rather play Ultima 6 or 7. You could almost say, the DOS games are Ultima 8 done well, lol!

News Comments > Destiny 2 Beta Preloads Today
6. Re: Destiny 2 Beta Preloads Today Aug 25, 2017, 12:03 heroin

Yah, heard this is just Destiny without the turds even being polished and shat out to be put on Battle.net to be cash cowed.  

News Comments > The Division Patch Tomorrow; DLC Sample This Weekend
4. Re: The Division Patch Tomorrow; DLC Sample This Weekend Aug 14, 2017, 21:48 heroin

Yeah same here, when I got my new PC recently - it was nice to run around the Division world looking at all of the Ultra settings prettiness, then patting my computer and logging off.  

531 Comments. 27 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo