Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for sean

Real Name sean   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname heroin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 14, 2007, 13:13
Total Comments 654 (Apprentice)
User ID 33263

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > It Came from E3 2019, Part 11
1. Re: It Came from E3 2019, Part 11 Jun 19, 2019, 22:45 heroin

So glad Larian got it. Been replaying DOS2 with a friend in co-op and besides for the fact that he only wants to play one character and I end up playing the rest of em... such a fantastic game. I just hope they can make it a bit more sprawled out to be a BG game. DOS2 is great because it's like one puzzle after the other but for BG it should focus on immersion, dialogue trees, world-building and some exploring w/o the need to "solve" something or enter combat.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm MechaStorm II and Storm League Changes Coming
1. Re: Heroes of the Storm MechaStorm II and Storm League Changes Coming Jun 15, 2019, 11:48 heroin

The only game they have up on there that I need to play more of Destiny 2 and I can never bring myself to play that game so I uninstalled the Blizz app for the first time in like a decade.
They should DO something like Warcraft 4 and stop fucking around.

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Jun 7, 2019, 22:45 heroin

Same here. Never owned a console in my life, always been a PC gamer since 1988. Never gonna buy a supremely inferior console to get a GTAXII or Red Dead Redemption VII... stop being stupid and release the games on PC at launch; sales would be even further through the roof.  

News Comments > Baldur's Gate III Announced
13. Re: Baldur's Gate III Announced Jun 6, 2019, 23:34 heroin

I seem to remember referring to DOS2 as Baldur's Gate 3 but I echo the sentiment, less puzzles - way more open. Very excited to see Larian working on this; the only studio that I think could make it cool again - not been impressed with Obsidian stuff.  

News Comments > Blizzard Cancels StarCraft FPS, Reportedly Working on Diablo IV and Overwatch II
1. Re: Blizzard Cancels StarCraft FPS, Reportedly Working on Diablo IV and Overwatch II Jun 6, 2019, 19:41 heroin

*yawn*  

News Comments > Free QUAKE II RTX Next Week
3. Re: Free QUAKE II RTX Next Week May 27, 2019, 13:58 heroin

It'd be awesome if we can get some CTF w/ grapple going.  

News Comments > BlizzCon 2019 Announced
8. Re: BlizzCon 2019 Announced Apr 25, 2019, 20:40 heroin

The Big Con of Blizzard Ent. What will they unveil this year? An official Starcraft for android, WHOO HOO, whooooo hoooooooo!  

News Comments > Valve Teases Index VR Headset
5. Re: Valve Teases Index VR Headset Mar 30, 2019, 12:29 heroin

I wouldn't even say it's a "fad" - it's difficult to go back and play games on a normal monitor. A great example of this is something like GNOG, which can be played in 2d on a regular monitor but comes to absolute LSD vision in VR. However, GNOG is also a great example of why VR controls are not ready for primetime. For now, I am happy to have non-VR contoller/"made for VR" 2D games converted to VR like Polybius, or Rez Infinite. Or SUPERHYPERCUBE which all have very simple controls and are very simple games.

One of the reasons VR probably hasn't been a resounding success is all about obtuse design, stop designing games like I want to be standing up and active (I don't!), I want to sit in my fucking chair and I don't want the camera axis to display this fact when I boot up a game and have to fiddle with .ini files to correct it. Stop designing room-scale only without locomotion programmed into it, can't stand the teleporting controls or worse games that don't have either. If you're creating a puzzle game maybe make it easier for people to access youtube inside the headset, or in the very least make sure people can alt-tab the game instead of quitting.

News Comments > No Manís Sky: Beyond Getting VR Support
6. Re: No Manís Sky: Beyond Getting VR Support Mar 25, 2019, 21:56 heroin

Yeah, this game could actually be good in VR. VR is the perfect medium for this game cuz it's super chill. The complete opposite of another spacey game like Polybius that came out not too long ago for PC, great game if played on a monitor but game was meant for VR where it's elevated to beautiful & utter psychedelic chaos.  

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
5. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Mar 17, 2019, 01:11 heroin

I know we're talking about Germany but don't forget about Scandinavia. The US is F'd up in terms of locking people up - we hold 25% of all of the worlds prisoners. However, on the opposite end of the spectrum - in Norway dude massacres 77 people (admits that he wishes he could have killed more) and gets 22 years in a vacation home prison. You know they believe in rehabilitation and shit like that even for mr. evil incarnate who slaughters 77 people like animals.  

News Comments > WRATH: Aeon of Ruin Gets New Gameplay Video (and 3DFX Support)
11. Re: WRATH: Aeon of Ruin Gets New Gameplay Video (and 3DFX Support) Mar 9, 2019, 21:50 heroin

Looks awesome. Looks super solid, map looked interesting to explore and the sound design is dope. Now time to go finish DUSK in the meantime.  

News Comments > Apex Legends Boasts 50M First Month Players
8. Re: Apex Legends Boasts 50M First Month Players Mar 4, 2019, 13:40 heroin

I played Titanfall a long time ago on a shitty computer that could barely handle the game and missed Titanfall 2 completely. Apex got me to go back and play Titanfall 2; it's pretty great to see where all the great aspects of Apex are coming from - a lot of it is right there in Titanfall: same mechanics, same guns, same kind of feel. Multiplayer games are pretty easy to find right now too.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 24, 2019, 14:34 heroin

I absolutely loved the Tom Waits skit in that. He's such a great actor.  

News Comments > 2018 Steam Awards Results
5. Re: 2018 Steam Awards Results Feb 8, 2019, 20:46 heroin

Good VR titles get lost in the overwhelming BLEH of the current gen titles, so much absolute crap comes out everyday. Not that I have anything against SkyrimVR, it's one of my favorite VR titles, but Polybius by Jeff Minter skyrocketed to one my all time favorite games when it was released for the Rift in late December. It's a pleasure to play, listen to and look at and the massive perspective VR provides is the perfect format for it. I wish more people would hype it up because I'd love to see Llamasoft encouraged with compensation to continue releasing VR games.  

News Comments > Metro Exodus an Epic Store Exclusive - What This Means for Steam Preorders
16. Re: Metro Exodus an Epic Store Exclusive - What This Means for Steam Preorders Jan 28, 2019, 21:21 heroin

Yah, that sucks. But, I think really Steam ought to stop gouging developers because all of these companies are trying to DIY the Steam thing now and consumers suffer with the inconvenience.

30% is absolutely ridiculous, 15% is absolutely ridiculous - too; 2-3% in my mind would be fair. I mean then the developers probably want to shell out for Steam advertising and that probably costs a shit load too and it really doesn't seem like Valve do much except sit on their asses not making games and swimming in their gold cash swimming pools like Scrooge McDuck.

News Comments > System Shock Video Shows Off Final Art
9. Re: System Shock Video Shows Off Final Art Jan 21, 2019, 20:06 heroin

The sound of walking across the metallic floors sounds great, walking pace looks decent too - as mundane as that sounds, pretty crucial for it to be done well in a SS game.  

News Comments > Vigilantes vs. Fallout 76 Dupers
16. Re: Vigilantes vs. Fallout 76 Dupers Jan 15, 2019, 08:35 heroin

Yeah that reminds me of Diablo - good times!  

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
3. Re: Saturday Mobilization Jan 13, 2019, 07:54 heroin

I used to have a Verizon contract (was like $60-70/month) with Iphone after Iphone ($400-700/ea and they constantly break). Then I bought a MotoG for like $200 from Republic Wireless. They charge me like $12/month excluding data service - I use the phone mostly for messaging, bluetooth in my car for audio/pandora, google maps directions... never go over 1gig a month which costs about an extra $14. If I don't use the full gig I get a refund on the amount I haven't used, on average I spend less than $20/month for plan/data +refund on my phone. I'd never go back to fancy ass phones that cost so much for no reason/contracts - the moto does everything my Iphone did and is built to last. The one down side is that I live in a desert, so if I get out in the middle of no-where the reception can be shitty. But, when you live in a desert you better be prepared for all sorts of crazy shit, lol.  

News Comments > Bungie Ends Destiny 2 Puzzle Challenge; Unlocks DLC
6. Re: Bungie Ends Destiny 2 Puzzle Challenge; Unlocks DLC Jan 10, 2019, 20:46 heroin

Yeah Activision is more than likely the reason both Bungie/Blizz sucking a big one lately. Now if only Blizz could do the same thing.  

News Comments > Bungie Ends Destiny 2 Puzzle Challenge; Unlocks DLC
4. Re: Bungie Ends Destiny 2 Puzzle Challenge; Unlocks DLC Jan 10, 2019, 14:59 heroin

Why the hell should I buy a shitty console?  

654 Comments. 33 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo