Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Bend, OR 04/29

Regularly scheduled events

User information for sean

Real Name sean   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname heroin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 14, 2007, 13:13
Total Comments 500 (Apprentice)
User ID 33263

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Gold Rush 2 Underway
2. Re: Gold Rush 2 Underway Apr 29, 2017, 15:55 heroin

I loved that game. I think I was about 8 years old when I played that so it was the first Sierra game where my brain abilities were together enough to sit there long enough and actually figure the game out / solve puzzles. I remember trying to play Space Quest, I guess when I was 6 but I had no idea of what I was doing. Look at pretty graphics, eat some candy, pull the legs off a GI Joe, ride my tri-cycle, look at pretty graphics, repeat.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Everything Released
9. Re: Everything Released Apr 22, 2017, 23:47 heroin

Damn, a video game trailer with an excerpt by Alan Watts played through it's entirety? Insta-buy.  

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Patched
11. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Patched Apr 7, 2017, 09:41 heroin

I still think the game is was worth the $40.00 I bought it for... but it is very DA:Iish in the fact that after you sink your time into it... it's largely forgettable unless you love the multiplayer like some do.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Mar 31, 2017, 22:25 heroin

Saw that coming  

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 in Full Development; More Witcher Games Likely
20. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 in Full Development; More Witcher Games Likely Mar 31, 2017, 19:12 heroin

You can blame CD Projekt Red for ruining Bioware's rep beyond repair, lol. When DA:I came out, people praised it. It was good, definitely not great but good. Once Witcher 3 came out - everyone instantly hated DA:I, they raised the bar passed the next level, even the Blood and Wine DLC is better than most games. Can't wait for Cyberpunk.  

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Plans
43. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Plans Mar 30, 2017, 22:46 heroin

Not to add insult to injury here (I do like the game) - but I think the voice overs aren't so great because if I remember correctly there was a voice over contest for pure amateurs to get in on it. I remember I even took a shot at it, have a Reaper audio file around here somewhere but never sent it in. That could possibly account for the less than desirable result (because it wasn't all voice-acted by ME!! lol)  

23. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Mar 30, 2017, 15:09 heroin

Shineyguy wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 14:41:
Task wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 11:17:
So they break their silence huh.

Since I played me1-3 for the star trekness and dialogue, Andromeda is looking like a hard pass since I don't play me games for the combat Alone.

Better luck next time Bioware Montreal C Team.

Exploration of the planets in this game is fantastic IMO.

I honestly did not like ME:3 at all. I'm treating this ME as an iteration, there's a lot they could have done better, but I love the jetpack, love the combat, like the exploration and especially the Nomad and the fact that I can power over most hills. Some of the settings / vistas are cum inducing. It's a good game, flawed but still worth the loot on the 25% sale.

14. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Plans Mar 30, 2017, 12:36 heroin

Frijoles wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 12:20:
I just want a patch to fix the planet zooming every damn time I click to go somewhere. Need to visit another system with 0% explored? Better break out the phone so I can fuck around while it shows me the same animation over and over. I'm surprised their testers didn't go insane.

Agree, and I am so fucking sick of the tram animation... it sucks!

10. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Plans Mar 30, 2017, 11:58 heroin

With all it's glitchiness and B-C-D class dialogue - still having more fun with it than I did with Nier... and Nier was a pretty good game.  

News Comments > Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition Announced
5. Re: Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition Announced Mar 28, 2017, 20:20 heroin

Have a hard time getting into the new Torment... probably rather play the original even though I've beaten it 5 times over the years so I think I'm good on Planescape for now. One of my favorite games ever though, for sure.  

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
5. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Mar 27, 2017, 15:41 heroin

The game is glitchy as fuck but for me it's be easy to overlook. I recently bought Nier: Automata which is a pretty good game but I'm finding ME:A to have more bang for the buck, not to mention I've been having much more fun with it - no matter how B/cheesy it is... makes you think twice about what reviews say. Both my fav reviewers ACG/Worth a Buy gave a wait for sale or thumbs down, but having only paid about $40 for it on GMG - I think it was well worth it.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Year Five
67. Re: Star Citizen Year Five Mar 25, 2017, 13:37 heroin

"People have been giving money to shamans, churches, cults for EONS, just for the promise of a better afterlife.

This shit aint new."

Some shamans could show you the "afterlife" - pay attention and grab their secret plants and use em for yourself. It's one thing to pay a church for a bunch of stories, or to pay a cult so that you can live with them like you're an adult in daycare but it's a completely other thing to have a 100% bonafide "near death experience" induced from the most potent psychedelic known to man, lol! That's a fucking rollercoaster ride worth paying for!!

News Comments > NieR:Automata Released
22. Re: NieR:Automata Released Mar 18, 2017, 15:42 heroin

Werd, I had GTA 1 when it came out too. GTAV was good bang for the buck on PC. I like GTA style satire on America. Saints Row... Watch Dogs 2... why would I spend $50-60 on those games? Saints Row always annoyed the fuck out of me with it's "fun" and Watch Dogs 2 just looks like a hipstered out version of a GTA game and I already lived through 15 years of San Francisco.... bang for the buck. GTAV had a great soundtrack, a Flying Lotus channel, GTFOH!! The graphics looked great on my PC (FPS mode) and were fully optimized and lot's of time to sink into it, it was definitely worth $60. I know I bought Fallout 4 around the same time for $50-60, wasn't even worth it for me - it felt like a $30-40 game. So far, I feel like Neir Automata is in reality a $40, not a $60. It doesn't have 40-80 hour of game-play without it's replay mechanic.

But, anyway it's still fucking dope especially in the drought we're in. But, even that's ok because I have all my beautiful BLIZZARD games that I can play OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN lol

News Comments > NieR:Automata Released
9. Re: NieR:Automata Released Mar 18, 2017, 03:06 heroin

Runs fine with the borderless app on my shite computer. I hated the whole first 30-40 minutes, but it's turning out to be pretty awesome. Though, as I always say - Witcher 3 / GTAV are the paradigm of a $60 game... not really sure if this game is worth that price but seeing as how there haven't been many good games in like a fucking year and I don't expect ME:A to be any good... gave this one a shot.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
14. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 15, 2017, 13:07 heroin

Neir - Automata, sounds pretty cool too. That comes out on the 17th.  

News Comments > Shroud of the Avatar Free Trial
17. Re: Game Developers Choice Awards Mar 4, 2017, 21:51 heroin

Rigs wrote on Mar 4, 2017, 19:46:
Where have all our heroes gone? Roberts, Molyneaux, Garriott, Carmack

I think about the only ones left are Sid Meir and Will Wright. I'll have to dig out my copy of PC Gamer's 'Game Gods' issue from the 90's and see who else was on there...like Jon Romero. I guess we can thank the heavens above we still have Derek Smart, eh? Wacko

=-Rigs-=

Lol, and then we have the modern game king, Notch, who bought a mansion/castle in LA after selling his brainchild (owned all the rights, could have done anything with it) and cries about it. I mean, did that bitch ever set foot in LA before he got all depressed about it?! LOL

News Comments > Gone Gold - Mass Effect: Andromeda
11. Re: Gone Gold - Mass Effect: Andromeda Feb 26, 2017, 12:48 heroin

Dammit, I need a new PC.  

News Comments > D.I.C.E. Awards
7. Re: D.I.C.E. Awards Feb 24, 2017, 16:59 heroin

2016 sucked. Besides INSIDE & Witcher 3: Blood & Wine it was mostly uneventful.  

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs
5. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Feb 10, 2017, 20:32 heroin

Easy for you guys to say - those 40-50 people are getting in the way of me purchasing my tenth beachfront property and I'm on a very tight budget! You just wouldn't understand... business is tough, I have so much responsibility, I deserve it!!!  

News Comments > Use WoW Gold for Other Blizzard Games
8. Re: Use WoW Gold for Other Blizzard Games Feb 6, 2017, 23:58 heroin

When Legion came out I wasn't working for two months - easily paid for WoW with the WoW token just by playing content at least 2 hours a day. Didn't pay for a sub for 2 months, I thought that was pretty generous since it seemed like it was designed to be that way. Most games can't even last 2 months....  

500 Comments. 25 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo