Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for sean

Real Name sean   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname heroin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On January 14, 2007
Supporter -
Total Comments 700 (Apprentice)
User ID 33263

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Get The Deed for Free

5. Re: Get The Deed for Free Mar 29, 2020, 01:30 heroin

To Deed or not to Deed - how about 3 Deed like Half-Life: Alyx, that's what's up.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > More About Playing Half-Life Alyx Without VR

11. Re: More About Playing Half-Life Alyx Without VR Mar 27, 2020, 17:06 heroin

People are still angry about this being in VR, huh? Lol.

I like horror games like the Frictional Games sort of stuff. They get me tense, for sure. But in HL:A - even though it's atmosphere is not nearly as daunting as say Penumbra, or Amnesia - seeing a headcrab unexpectedly flying through the air at my head in VR gives me the chills. But, damn - the weapons feel so solid, that shotgun just wreaks immediate havoc.

I mean here's one cool thing the anti-VR people aren't going to realize or perceive. Looking down the really cool 3D laser sights on the handgun... And that is just a little sliver of the cool things that cannot be conveyed without actually giving it a shot in VR.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Warzone Adds New Operator, and Weapons

10. Re: Call of Duty: Warzone Adds New Operator, and Weapons Mar 25, 2020, 00:33 heroin

I haven't been a CoD fan since the first, but this new CoD is great all around. Of course Warzone is free and that is basically the best part (the single-player campaign is awesome though and a great way to test out ray tracing). That said, I'm also way into Plunder over the regular BR.  

News Comments > Half-Life: Alyx Released

14. Re: Half-Life: Alyx Released Mar 23, 2020, 15:17 heroin

You can always buy an Oculus Rift w/ touch controllers for @ $300-400. It still gets the job done as long as you have the rig. Spending $1000 on VR is sort of totally crazy imo.  

News Comments > Half-Life: Alyx Released

8. Re: Half-Life: Alyx Released Mar 23, 2020, 14:40 heroin

RPS gave it a Bestest Best and they are snobs too (just not closed-minded ones): https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2020/03/23/half-life-alyx-review/  

News Comments > Half-Life: Alyx Preloads

34. Re: Half-Life: Alyx Preloads Mar 22, 2020, 13:14 heroin

WaltC wrote on Mar 22, 2020, 12:54:

Anyway, if people wanted the kind of "immersion" VR markets and touts, it's my belief that people would have been strapping their televisions to their faces long ago...;)

Have you ever in your life played a VR game with the headset on? I swear, the whole "3D movies were a fad" vs VR battle is like the quote "LSD is a psychedelic drug that occasionally causes psychotic behavior in people who have NOT tried it." It's the same shit because no one here is able to fully explain and make someone realize that yes, 3D movies were a fad, but VR these days is truly life-scale 3D and they are not similar concepts at all. VR is not going away - it will just become smaller & sleeker.

31. Re: Half-Life: Alyx Preloads Mar 22, 2020, 12:26 heroin

On controls & controllers: there was a game that came out recently, Boneworks, that was very well done (and very Half-Life-esque) where the controls & physics were very well done. And the Walking Dead VR game that a lot of people compared to Deus Ex, where you can literally grab a zombie's head and use your other hand to force a knife into it's face. In most decent VR games the controllers are essential these days. Since I've had VR the last couple of years, I don't remember once wanting to use the keyboard/mouse or a Xbox Controller, even Skyrim VR which wasn't a made-for-VR game the Oculus controllers were way better than anything else.  

11. Re: Half-Life: Alyx Preloads Mar 21, 2020, 21:52 heroin

A lot of people who have barely played any good VR games are so negative about this being in VR.

If it can do what HL & HL2 did for the FPS so many years ago for VR... then it's going to be incredible, because VR when done right is mindblowing. Hope it lives up to it - I did hear that the campaign is about 15-16 hours - so that's something, all the flat/2D video footage I've seen looks great.

News Comments > DOOM Eternal System Requirements

21. Re: DOOM Eternal System Requirements Mar 7, 2020, 10:18 heroin

shiho wrote on Mar 7, 2020, 04:22:
They play like an even more retarded version of Serious Sam 3.

LOL Mwahaha

News Comments > Stadia Hires Former Sony Santa Monica Boss for New Studio

3. Re: Stadia Hires Former Sony Santa Monica Boss for New Studio Mar 5, 2020, 06:31 heroin

Ride that ship while you still can matey  

News Comments > Half-Life: Alyx Locomotion Videos

7. Re: Half-Life: Alyx Locomotion Videos Mar 2, 2020, 21:12 heroin

Definitely looks cool. I'm definitely going to get it, but for whatever reason I can't play 3D shooters in VR for very long without VR sickness. Skyrim VR I was able to play for hours on end but that game is so slow paced and everything is spread out vast distances. Hopefully, this game is just so insanely immersive I'll just forge on.  

News Comments > Vampire's Fall: Origins Released

2. Re: Vampire's Fall: Origins Released Feb 1, 2020, 14:39 heroin

I'm pretty sure I played this on my phone for a couple of seconds.  

News Comments > Op Ed

2. Re: Op Ed Jan 24, 2020, 22:49 heroin

I'd like to see a Fallout series (as in 1 & 2) by writers or the original writers who understand what made it so great.  

News Comments > Respawn Boss Rolling the DICE

2. Re: Respawn Boss Rolling the DICE Jan 3, 2020, 10:53 heroin

Sounds like EA - oh hey, you made two blockbusters in a year - how about we spread you ALL around and dull your keen sensibilities cuz after that you're going to have to make the same games 10x over. lol  

News Comments > The Steam Awards 2019 Winners

15. Re: The Steam Awards 2019 Winners Jan 2, 2020, 10:23 heroin

If you wanna talk about old VR games (like Beat Saber) that are awesome - then look no further than Jeff Minter's Polybius. Besides Skyrim VR and Beat Saber, Polybius is right up there for me for buying a headset. There's nothing else out there like it (maybe Rez Infinite but no not really) and it's definitely not as hit scratching and eye blurring as Space Giraffe was; which is great for VR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ptjmt-N2pc

News Comments > The Steam Awards 2019 Winners

5. Re: The Steam Awards 2019 Winners Jan 1, 2020, 17:12 heroin

Eh, Beat Saber is great but it won a lot of awards in 2018 when people played it a lot for more than half the year.

For me Asgard's Wrath was easily the best VR game of 2019. Of course, Boneworks and then Trover Saves the Universe was pretty cool and The Under Presents was like the weird avant-garde vaudeville live improv VR LSD game-trip of the year.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs

3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 24, 2019, 04:27 heroin

Oh, so that's why I pay almost $100/month for fast internet that has a 1 terabyte cap, then it's $10/50 gigs. Cox has some big bills to pay lol  

News Comments > Sunday Patches

11. Re: Sunday Patches Dec 23, 2019, 18:35 heroin

It's looking good - like I've been saying from the very beginning - I don't care when this comes out as long as they keep making the most immersive space game ever made. Could be 2025, 2029, 2035 I don't care - just keep building; ignore the sea of negative nancies; they are worthless lifeless bacteria that only exist to keep you down from breaking out  

News Comments > TIME's Top 10 Games of the 2010s

28. Re: TIME's Top 10 Games of the 2010s Dec 21, 2019, 10:51 heroin

Yeah, I like Disco Elysium but it's weird to me that so many people are heralding it as some groundbreaking game. It just reminds me of my punk rock high school friends D&D sessions from 25 years ago or something. Can only play the dang thing for about 1 hour before I'm yearning to make it stop.  

News Comments > Borderlands 3: Moxxi's Heist of the Handsome Jackpot Released

2. Re: Borderlands 3: Moxxi's Heist of the Handsome Jackpot Released Dec 19, 2019, 23:39 heroin

Yah, BL3 is a fantastic game... for $30 or less. It is a lot of fun though.  

700 Comments. 35 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >