Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for sean

Real Name sean   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname heroin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 14, 2007, 13:13
Total Comments 431 (Amateur)
User ID 33263

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

News Comments > Blizzard Dropping Battle.net Name
21. Re: Blizzard Dropping Battle.net Name Sep 22, 2016, 02:09 heroin

I see a lot of Blizz hate from people that probably haven't been paying attention to all the new stuff that has come out. The latest Heroes map is awesome and the game is an absolute blast to play.

New Overwatch map is pretty good and overall the new competitive mode makes the game a lot more fun to play. It definitely feels a lot better than it did in beta.

New WoW expansion is fucking awesome. It's hard to believe that they were able to breath fresh air into such an old game to the point that it's about the only game I've played all month long. The amount of content and systems in this expansion is absolutely mind-boggling and it's all tied up into a cohesive experience, especially in the end game when world quests open up.

Some of their staple employees may have left, sure, but I doubt Blizz is going to put out anything that isn't of superior game quality in the future. And I look forward to the games made by the few that went off to start the own projects (hopefully none of those projects turn out to be as much of a headache as Wildstar). Been playing Blizz games since the original Warcraft and I really don't care what they call Battle.net... as long as they add support into their program for older games, especially one's I still play like Warcraft 3 (which recently got a multiplayer overhaul).

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Early Access
10. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Early Access Sep 16, 2016, 02:55 heroin

I found it really meh to be honest.

Me too. It began with a blast, the mechanics are so awesome. Somewhere between stupid quests / puzzles (long battles also) and lacking personality (though it was definitely trying at least) I became bored and never touched it again. Had played the early access, so that may have been a factor even though the final version was much better than the alpha. Though, I'm a sucker for old school RPGs so I'll probably give this a spin once it's finally released. I wouldn't doubt that they have perfected the formula this time around...

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Sep 15, 2016, 14:43 heroin

Been having fun with Legion. Just began the end game grind... two aspects that I really like about the end game grind:

I really like the end game zone, Suramar, and the concept behind it. It feels a little something that began as a bit of an experiment that became tightened and fleshed out so it feels a bit different than anything we're accustomed to in WoW.

World Quests, grinding away for gear to get to heroics has never felt so good. The "quests" feel pretty good, there are plenty of people attacking the elite mobs which helps if you like to play solo. And usually the quest begins with a Warcraft 3 voice acted face blab. Playing the world quests also made me realize a lot of the details I had missed on my first go.

One thing that still pisses me off is how long it takes to queue for an instance. They can still take up for 30-45 minutes which is just absurd. Not to mention that most of the new instances have been sort of long and braindead experiences, unfortunately. Hopefully, playing on Heroic will change that.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Sep 12, 2016, 20:38 heroin

Yeah, it is hard for me to wrap my mind around it since 1999 or whenever it was set to be released was so long ago. The game is sorta crap, but it's just awesome to be able to play it, definitely glad it was leaked. It certainly would have been known as one of Blizzard's worst games haha  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Sep 12, 2016, 18:50 heroin

I downloaded the Warcraft Adventure game It's crazy that they abandoned the game when it was nearly complete. Good ol' Blizz, even their abandoned games are polished and streamlined than most lol  

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Trailer
4. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Trailer Sep 8, 2016, 22:44 heroin

Played the early access and the dialogue was a bit meh. Hope it turns out good, but the original Planescape will be a tough cookie to come close to.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
7. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 2, 2016, 20:00 heroin

Was just replaying Dishonored. Damn, what a fine game.  

News Comments > World of Warcraft Legion Launched
13. Re: World of Warcraft Legion Launched Aug 30, 2016, 17:48 heroin

All I've seen about WoW from a majority of forum posts for years are just complaints or rants. I like the game, always will. I still think the (lack of) difficulty is a little ridiculous, but that said, when an expansion comes out I get excited - I play it for a month and am happy with my run through. Maybe sub for a month here or there to play for a week or so leveling up some toons. People were pissed about No Man's Sky being as "chill" as it is, but WoW will probably always be my #1 "chill" game.  

News Comments > Overwatch Animated Short
10. Re: Overwatch Animated Short Aug 19, 2016, 12:00 heroin

Parias wrote on Aug 18, 2016, 19:27:
This was adorable. Wish they'd actually put a story-driven campaign into this game.

My thoughts exactly, single-player campaign, or even a story-driven co-op please!

News Comments > Deus Ex Mankind Divided Reviews
15. Re: Deus Ex Mankind Divided Reviews Aug 19, 2016, 11:55 heroin

I liked HR on the first playthrough. But, the second playthrough seemed to be glaring. The original Deus Ex, I played through like 10 times.... awesome everytime, never one slouch. On top of that, I don't trust any of these reviews, even RPS... I will wait to hear what ACG has got to say, it will probably be positive, but maybe he can convince me to care.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
18. Re: Game Reviews Aug 16, 2016, 23:47 heroin

Damn, that's a harsh review! Haha. I was excited for this game because it was basically a single-player experience. I don't give a shit about multiplayer in a space exploration game to be honest. Though, I like this game a lot for what it is. This game is a breath of fresh air, no matter how repetitive it's systems are.

But, going back now and rewatching Hello Games' videos about the game as they compare to the actual game, man - they were really deceiving. Watching the dev do let's plays, leaving a lot of room for one's imagination to come up with what they might be keeping secret by being vague and insinuating there's a lot more. Selling the game for $60, when it's DEFINITELY/INFINITELY a $20/30 game... man, all of that just sucks, what a bunch of assholes lol. But, I still like the game as it is and hope the future holds more for the game.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Adding StarCraft Maps and Zarya
1. Re: Heroes of the Storm Adding StarCraft Maps and Zarya Aug 16, 2016, 22:18 heroin

Finally, SC maps. I hope they make a lot more new maps for this game.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 14, 2016, 22:02 heroin

I used to not like controllers until Witcher 3 (& Rocket League) pretty much forced me to get one. For No Man's Sky, the PC controls are terrible, no doubt about it. But, with a controller this game is a lot more fun to play. Haven't looked back, that is just the way the game way designed and definitely feels right.  

News Comments > No Man's Sky Released
78. Re: No Man's Sky Released Aug 13, 2016, 23:35 heroin

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 13, 2016, 22:42:
nin wrote on Aug 13, 2016, 20:08:
Taking a break after a 4 hour session. Found this awesome ship with a shitload of guns on it crashed on a planet. Then I found this huge spaceport where one of the guys from Daft Punk asked me how smart my race was...

I get if you don't like to explore, you won't like this game. But if the idea of what's over the next hill or what's on the next planet excites you, it's a blast. I explore planets, I name some ferret looking thing a Space Weasel, I meet weird aliens, I learn their language, I make shitloads of money, then I take the the stars and head to the next destination...

That's what I'm getting out of it. I'm still on my second planet searching for more inventory slots.

I managed to jump about 10 times now without additional inventory slots. Eventually, when you get the AtlasPass you can stop at space stations and buy inventory slots... it kind of sucks that they use inventory as sort of main mid-game objective.

76. Re: No Man's Sky Released Aug 13, 2016, 23:26 heroin

Quboid wrote on Aug 13, 2016, 21:21:
heroin wrote on Aug 13, 2016, 21:01:
It's funny that Truck Simulator gets glowing reviews. I can't help but wonder if the retail price had been $30.00 (where it belongs) if reviews may have been different based on perceptions of what you get from a $30.00 indie title instead of a $60 AAA blockbuster. It definitely retarded that it seems like they tried to market this that way.

ABZ█ too. A very different game, but it looks like it has a similar chilled vibe to it. Well received, less than half the price of NMS. At $30, this would look like an ambitious indie project. At $60, this looks like an over-hyped disappointment.

Yeah, I bought ABZ█. I like it a lot, I was about 2 hours into it when NMS came out. I bought ABZ█ for $15 or $16 on sale... so far I've spent a lot more time with NMS, but still, the pricing on NMS is just crazy.

72. Re: No Man's Sky Released Aug 13, 2016, 21:01 heroin

It's funny that Truck Simulator gets glowing reviews. I can't help but wonder if the retail price had been $30.00 (where it belongs) if reviews may have been different based on perceptions of what you get from a $30.00 indie title instead of a $60 AAA blockbuster. It definitely retarded that it seems like they tried to market this that way.  

61. Re: No Man's Sky Released Aug 13, 2016, 13:09 heroin

Optimization problems went away for me after putting all settings to low, restarting, putting them on high and then restarting again. Now, the game runs very smooth. The game is meant to be played with a controller... the pc controls on this are terrible, feels much better with the controller. Still having fun, the only thing that slightly bugs me, is after playing lots of Overwatch this week, when I play NMS I feel like I'm playing Torn, the avatar has the height of a dwarf.  

51. Re: No Man's Sky Released Aug 13, 2016, 10:16 heroin

VaranDragon wrote on Aug 13, 2016, 08:50:
Slick wrote on Aug 13, 2016, 06:41:
the review bombing is pretty funny. But totally understandable, any game with hype this high is bound to make some people boarderline suicidal when it's just "a game" in the end. I think they deserve a solid 8/10 after the technical issues are mopped up by a larger QA firm, which is already underway. Game is exactly what they said it would be, and for some reason actually playing it I fall in love with the simplicity and don't really want anything else.

I'm finding it very zen. A total break from other genres. I never got into minecraft, or rust, or dayz, or fortnite, or any other crafty, survivaly, resource hoardey game like that. But for some reason NMS scratches that itch in a very chilled out way.

NMS is like electronic opium.

Let us know how it is after about 5 hours of gameplay time.

I think I played the game for about 5-8 hours yesterday, by the end of my session it was zen, like I could taste old LSD in my mouth (like a metallic dirty sock). Came across a space anomaly with 2 creatures (instead of 1, WHOA!!) in it whom pointed me back en route to my mission and finally gave me a fucking AtlasPassv1. I'm wondering if there will be more surprises after this point, besides getting to the Center. Still enjoying it, haven't been this immersed in a game in a while.

Though, holy shit, if you like "zen" gaming then I think the first time you breakthrough into a cave system in Minecraft is like the Brian Eno of gaming, at least for me it was a powerful gaming moment; procedural greatness with the accompaniment of brilliant music, sound and the tools to do whatever....

36. Re: No Man's Sky Released Aug 13, 2016, 02:30 heroin

Game is exactly the way I thought it'd be... elite meets spore: not much substance. It's a little more spore than elite, since Elite actually nailed the atmosphere and mechanics of flying in space which this game doesn't even attempt to do. But, I'm having fun with it for what it is. Definitely, not worth $60.00. I mean in theory it should be worth $60.00... but the sense of wonder pretty much wears off after the first few hours or so, but watching it all unfold really is quite a beautiful achievement and in that sense it's not even like Spore of Elite but more like a piece of tech software... it's like the people who made Bryce took their software and threw in some WASD and controller support, lol  

News Comments > The Witcher III Game of the Year Edition Confirmed
3. Re: The Witcher III Game of the Year Edition Confirmed Aug 11, 2016, 19:59 heroin

GAME OF THE DECADE  

431 Comments. 22 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo