Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sempai

Real Name Sempai   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 13, 2007, 11:48
Total Comments 839 (Graduate)
User ID 33180

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > NBA 2K17 Tips Off
2. Re: NBA 2K17 Tips Off Sep 20, 2016, 15:06 Sempai

Isn't this the first title to offer HDR lighting in vidja games?  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gears of War 4 Launch Trailer
14. Re: Gears of War 4 Launch Trailer Sep 20, 2016, 04:50 Sempai

Taking bets on what an utterly broken mess this will be upon release, after the 25gb day one patch..

Anyone? I'll be glad to take your money now.

Let me see..
1st response out of the gate from Rod will be "We're working feverishly to fix these issues and make Gears of War 4 the best it can be on the Windows platform."

2nd. We didn't realize PC gamers used Vsync or resolutions above 720p, we're on it!

3rd. We're deploying a fix as we speak to unlock the 30 fps cap!

4th. We're adding mouse and kb support asap! Sorry for the inconvenience.

Jfc, i could go on, but you guys get the picture.

News Comments > Quantum Break: Timeless Collector's Edition Delay
1. Re: Quantum Break: Timeless Collector's Edition Delay Sep 2, 2016, 12:07 Sempai

Quantum Broke Assed.  

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
29. Re: New GeForce Drivers Aug 31, 2016, 01:08 Sempai

128k eh? Alrighty..

And as i clearly stated, there is shimmering in some games.

Most the old farts i run with use 1440 & 4k panels, and no one I know of opts for AA due to better picture quality and the fact even gtx 1080's are clawing for every frame at these resolutions, which means anti-aliasing is usually the first to go because in my opinion it's garbage, and always has been.

8. Re: New GeForce Drivers Aug 30, 2016, 13:24 Sempai

MajorD wrote on Aug 30, 2016, 13:03:
Sempai wrote on Aug 30, 2016, 12:59:
HoSpanky wrote on Aug 30, 2016, 12:50:
The graphics update isn't terribly noticeable. Turning on max view distance DESTROYS your framerate, and this is on a 1080. Now, I AM running SSAA 4x, so I'm rendering every frame at well over 4K. *Might* have something to do with it. But it looks WAY better in the close-field areas that way, and I'm not terribly worried about seeing the outline of mountains two zones over.

I doubt the new drivers help much at all, but I'll do some testing.

Question? Why run ssaax4 at 4k resolution? Other than typical anti-aliasing smearing effect and a dip in image quality, why run it at all at 4k? It's a significant performance killer.

I'm not trying to be snarky. Is there something i'm missing here?
One of the benefits of running 4k for me(for the most part)is the ability to finally get rid of anti-aliasing altogether for a nice crisp image without blurred colors etc.

So you're saying running on a 4K monitor, AA is overkill? Just curious, as I do 'not' have a 4K monitor.

For most games, correct. You get some shimmering here and there depending on the engine, but it's a wonderful thing to finally do away with AA. As you well know, It also free's up much needed gpu resources to maintain 60fps in games like Witcher 3 etc.

Yeah, for me colors pop again, and there's no shit smear all over my screen any more. It's nice.

4. Re: New GeForce Drivers Aug 30, 2016, 12:59 Sempai

HoSpanky wrote on Aug 30, 2016, 12:50:
The graphics update isn't terribly noticeable. Turning on max view distance DESTROYS your framerate, and this is on a 1080. Now, I AM running SSAA 4x, so I'm rendering every frame at well over 4K. *Might* have something to do with it. But it looks WAY better in the close-field areas that way, and I'm not terribly worried about seeing the outline of mountains two zones over.

I doubt the new drivers help much at all, but I'll do some testing.

Question? Why run ssaax4 at 4k resolution? Other than typical anti-aliasing smearing effect and a dip in image quality, why run it at all at 4k? It's a significant performance killer.

I'm not trying to be snarky. Is there something i'm missing here?
One of the benefits of running 4k for me(for the most part)is the ability to finally get rid of anti-aliasing altogether for a nice crisp image without blurred colors etc.

News Comments > BioShock: The Collection Videos
6. Re: BioShock: The Collection Videos Aug 29, 2016, 00:40 Sempai

"All grown up in 1080p!"

(Cough..already revisited them again in 4k@60fps.)

News Comments > Duke Nukem Countdown
15. Re: Duke Nukem Countdown Aug 25, 2016, 21:26 Sempai

We live in fascinating times. Everyone's remaster/booting literally every old IP that may turn a profit. Some good, some not so good.

It seems Gordon Gekko was right, greed is good!

News Comments > Duke Nukem Countdown
3. Re: Duke Nukem Countdown Aug 25, 2016, 19:03 Sempai

Gawd..  

News Comments > The Crew Expands in November
1. Re: The Crew Expands in November Aug 17, 2016, 12:15 Sempai

This game is rubbish..

Move on already, Ubisoft.

News Comments > PC No Man's Sky Three Day Delay; Server Wipe Plans
23. Re: PC No Man's Sky Three Day Delay; Server Wipe Plans Aug 7, 2016, 02:22 Sempai

After watching some videos the game has me more interested than any other minecraft type game i've seen to date.

The art direction is very attractive to me, and it does seem to have some hooks. Hopefully there's some story and surprises to be had.

As one who usually passes up games like these, are there others out there that are better and more fleshed out than No Man's Sky? Elite Dangerous aside, Any suggestions?

2. Re: New GeForce Drivers Jul 14, 2016, 22:35 Sempai

High DPC latency issue?  

News Comments > Evolve Going Free
9. Re: Evolve Going Free Jul 7, 2016, 02:01 Sempai

Anyone who owns classic Evolve will be given “Founder” status in the new free version, and all the content you already own comes with you to the new version. As long as we work on Evolve, we will show our appreciation for our committed fans and early adopters with gifts, rewards, and special access. Why? Because you believed like we did, and we will never forget that.

What in the blue fuck?

I'm curious to know if you sweethearts will be giving me the opportunity to have anal sex with your entire marketing team? Because right now mine feels like it's been ridden up and down the block a few times, then sent off with not so much as a thank you or even a cup of coffee..
TR/2K's endless fuckery concerning the complete and total failure of this game of theirs is truly impressive.

Are these bottom feeders even human?

News Comments > Josh Mosqueira Leaves Blizzard
16. Re: Josh Mosqueira Leaves Blizzard Jul 3, 2016, 18:49 Sempai

Can I just get a new MMO that isn't from fucking Asia?

I haven't had a decent addiction in years.. And since we're clearly not getting anything new like Titan was, how about just a safe and sound WoW 2?

Cmon, Bliz!

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 3 Hint?
9. Re: Left 4 Dead 3 Hint? Jun 30, 2016, 23:40 Sempai

shihonage wrote on Jun 30, 2016, 22:39:
I fear that by now Valve has become a disorganized culture of passive-aggressive commies, kept alive by Steam money. There's no HL3, there's no L4D3.

Exactly.

Like, what is it they even do over there at Candyland?
Valve has become a fucking joke.

News Comments > BioShock: The Collection Announced
11. Re: BioShock: The Collection Announced Jun 30, 2016, 15:59 Sempai

Creston wrote on Jun 30, 2016, 12:17:
Countless fans have asked for this since the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One arrived – and we listened!

Unlike another developer we could mention *COUGH* ROCKSTAR *COUGH* who, despite eleventy billion people asking for it, still gives everyone the big middle finger with regards to Red Dead Redemption.

If we don't get a re-release on pc/consoles soon, the game will have aged to the point that interest will wane. I could be wrong here, but fans can only hold out so long before moving on with their lives. Maybe just me.

Rockstar truly do live up to their name. A studio who clearly marches to the beat of their own drum. A gigantic drum made from assholes and scrotum sacks.

I'd like to know more about 2k's remaster job before i decide. But i'm down to go back to Rapture a 10th time. Be interesting to see if they're going for framerate or visuals on consoles. 1080p@30fps is my guess.

And..am i the only one who loved Bioshock 2? Loved it. It didn't have the weight Ken brought to the first, but the improved combat was welcomed, and the story(including Minerva's Den)was just fine for me.

News Comments > Anarchy Online Turns 15
15. Re: Anarchy Online Turns 15 Jun 27, 2016, 15:59 Sempai

Timmeh wrote on Jun 27, 2016, 10:29:
yep, still have 2 paid accounts.

Will be a sad day when this game finally closes.

No other game like it anywhere.

Agreed.

A game ahead of it's time.

News Comments > MachineGames Releases New QUAKE Campaign
12. Re: MachineGames Releases New QUAKE Campaign Jun 25, 2016, 21:29 Sempai

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 25, 2016, 19:14:
Sempai wrote on Jun 25, 2016, 17:34:
Go rub your two IQ points together and see if you can start a fire.

Hmmm... *rub* *rub* rub* *rub*... nopers. Do you have a lighter?

Flamethrower Smiley Smiley

10. Re: MachineGames Releases New QUAKE Campaign Jun 25, 2016, 17:34 Sempai

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 25, 2016, 17:12:
Sempai wrote on Jun 25, 2016, 15:46:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 25, 2016, 12:08:
Wesp5 wrote on Jun 25, 2016, 09:45:
Sempai wrote on Jun 25, 2016, 02:23:
...are we living in a golden age of video games right now or what?

You mean because the good old stuff gets rebooted and the new stuff are hero shooter clones of each other ;)? Sorry, but I would really like to see a good single player FPS that is not one of both...

werdz of wizdom right there, bro!

A golden age this is not... or only if you ate a ton of chickpeas and your turd takes on a gold-ish color.

There is a lot missing for a golden age. A golden age would mean more games in the shooter/hybrid genre like the original Deus Ex/Human Rev, BioShock, Dishonored, the Thief games, ME2/3, HL2 and so on. Shooters that have intricate mechanics and/or a story to tell instead of being multiplayer grinders or braindead simpleton run'n'gun garbage like Doom.

It is really sad when you think about the fact that Deus Ex is 15+ years old now and how little has changed. For a golden age we need more new groundbreaking games that set new standards in AI, world interactivity and story-telling. But not those lame rehashes.

But you are getting a new Deus Ex, you're also getting a new Dishonored, and a new Mass Effect, good luck with HL3 and improved AI though.

Dude, that's why I wrote "more games like". Not just (most likely dumbed down) sequels. I would like to see more original franchises similar to those mentioned PLUS progress in certain departments like AI, interactivity, choices & consequences, decent story-telling, multiple paths/endings etc.
Most games these days are as shallow as a puddle compared to e.g. the original Deus Ex and that's just sad. After 15+ years, games should be much richer and deeper than those old games.

And what are you talking about? The new Doom was a ton of fun, along with other "rehashes" like Wolfenstein, Tomb Raider, and Xcom.

I can not say anything about Xcom but disagree regarding Doom and Tomb Raider. I found the new Doom (based on the beta and demo) to be lacking in just about every respect (no reloading, only checkpoint saves, lame weapons... not visceral and "mean" enough, relatively poor visuals, retarded glory kill QTEs etc.) and don't even get me started on Tomb Raider.

The TR reboots may not be bad casual console games at all where you press the forward key to move from cutscene to cutscene but those games are perfect examples for the massive dumbing down of a franchise if I've ever seen one.

The old TRs actually had, you know, tombs and challenging puzzles, climbing passages, jump sequences, boss fights etc.
The new ones? You press 'W' on the PC version and the game plays itself.

I will concede that the new Wolfensteins were well done, however. They got it right for the most part. Credit where credit is due.

Also, who said we're just talking about shooters?
The abundance of games on the market today is healthier and more diverse than it's ever been. Hell, most of you have a list of games you can't even get through!

That is true but unfortunately many of those games turn out to be one disappointment after another when we finally get around to playing them...

The real question is, do you have the capacity to be happy about anything, or do you just enjoy bitching and crying? Because your tears of entitlement don't hold much water.

Yes, I do have that capacity, but not when someone is calling the current steady flow of casual garbage (SWBF, Battleborn, Doom, Overwatch, R6 Siege, The Division etc.) a "golden age" .
For a golden age we would need a lot more Witchers, TES VI and a proper Star Wars X-Wing space sim instead of all that other crap .

Overwatch is garbage eh? Lemmie guess, you played the demo?
Do you always base your reviews off of demos?
Doom has a fairly significant progression system in it, but you wouldn't know that would you?
You've lost all credibility at this point. Go rub your two IQ points together and see if you can start a fire.

9. Re: MachineGames Releases New QUAKE Campaign Jun 25, 2016, 17:22 Sempai

Wesp5 wrote on Jun 25, 2016, 16:20:
Sempai wrote on Jun 25, 2016, 15:46:
But you are getting a new Deus Ex, you're also getting a new Dishonored, and a new Mass Effect, good luck with HL3 and improved AI though.
And what are you talking about? The new Doom was a ton of fun, along with other "rehashes" like Wolfenstein, Tomb Raider, and Xcom.

Exactly that: Reshashes and reboots and sequels! Little new under the sun as with the movie industry...

You just heard him, that's what he wants! That's what we all want! We want a new Deus Ex, we want a new Mass Effect, and we want Half Life 3! And if we don't get it we sit outside Gabe's office and hold our breath like the infants we are.

And when a studio does take the risk of making something new, no one buys it cause it doesn't have a fucking number attached to it.

Make up your fuckin minds.

839 Comments. 42 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo