Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sempai

Real Name Sempai   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 13, 2007, 11:48
Total Comments 917 (Graduate)
User ID 33180

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Golden Joystick Winners
10. Re: Golden Joystick Winners Nov 19, 2017, 19:16 Sempai

So best PC game of the year is a game that's still in early access and doesn't have an official release date?..

Oh fuck off..

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > ESA Seeking Final Disabilities Access Waiver Extension
5. Re: ESA Seeking Final Disabilities Access Waiver Extension Nov 18, 2017, 15:31 Sempai

Creston wrote on Nov 18, 2017, 14:43:
Write Ajit Pai a check for $25 (he's a really cheap whore) and he'll be happy to grant you whatever you want.

Spot on.

News Comments > New NVIDIA Drivers
4. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Nov 15, 2017, 20:54 Sempai

heroin wrote on Nov 15, 2017, 19:51:
Damn, an increase in performance in Destiny 2 by 53%- when the game is already incredibly optimized, lacking content, but well optimized and great looking.

It sounds lovely, but i call bullshit on Nvidia. Hope i'm wrong, but i don't trust em.

And yes, anyone who buys that goddamn Battlefront 2, you have now forfeited all of your "bitching and moaning on the internet" privileges for time and all fucking eternity. Not one fucking word..

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Origins Released
34. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Released Oct 28, 2017, 01:09 Sempai

Cool story.  

24. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Released Oct 27, 2017, 18:23 Sempai

Darks wrote on Oct 27, 2017, 12:37:
Sempai wrote on Oct 27, 2017, 12:07:
It sure is pretty, but my God..it seems unoptimized, and/or the Anvil engine is still a gigantic cpu whore.

Difficult to get a stable 60fps@4k..w/1080ti.

Not here, I've had no issues capping to 60fps. everything maxed out on a 28" 4K monitor. with a 1080Ti FTW3

Pretty awesome game so far. but yea, not enough time to play them all. Been playing Destiny 2. thats been a really fun game also.

How convenient for you.. More info would be nice, or you could just go on being vague in your own little bubble of happiness.

6. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Released Oct 27, 2017, 12:07 Sempai

It sure is pretty, but my God..it seems unoptimized, and/or the Anvil engine is still a gigantic cpu whore.

Difficult to get a stable 60fps@4k..w/1080ti.

News Comments > Destiny 2 for Windows Released
9. Re: Destiny 2 for Windows Released Oct 25, 2017, 00:29 Sempai

Question....Can I play this singleplayer or do I have to play multiplayer with people running around trying to kill me?

Yep, you can. There's no open world pvp, and no one's out to get you. However you will see and interact with others down on planets while doing co-op public events etc. It's pretty tame and friendly.

News Comments > EverQuest Ring of Scale Expansion Announced
5. Re: EverQuest Ring of Scale Expansion Announced Sep 21, 2017, 19:27 Sempai

So cool that this thing's still going. This game changed my life, along with my entire circle of friends..for the worse?..Haha! Yes Probably.

Good times.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of War Interactive Trailer
9. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Interactive Trailer Sep 19, 2017, 11:50 Sempai

Nucas wrote on Sep 19, 2017, 05:42:
Sempai wrote on Sep 18, 2017, 20:14:
While I agree with you to a point, the troubling part is publishers now requiring their development houses to shove this stuff into their projects, which then forces the dev to balance everything around transactions and loot boxes.

that's really not a foregone conclusion. mankind divided's devs stated the game was designed without microtransactions in mind, and it's pretty clear that is so when you play the game.

but i don't think shadow of war is going to turn out that way. this game has slowly gone from a must-buy to a wait-and-see for me. there's a clear attempt to streamline and normalize purchases in-game.

one-time-use DLC orcs you buy from a goblin hungrily rubbing his hands together was just a bridge too far for me. it's almost comically meta.

Sure, you can say it's not a foregone conclusion, and the devs can step in and assure us all they want, but the writing's clearly on the wall. And would you honestly expect any other type of statement from them?
I also tend to side with Eurogamers view on Mankind Divideds microtransactions being annoying, icky, and ridiculous. And WB certainly doesn't have a good track record. They're just shameless and gross at this point.

https://goo.gl/WEqUNZ

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of War Interactive Trailer
5. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Interactive Trailer Sep 18, 2017, 20:14 Sempai

Funluvncriminl wrote on Sep 18, 2017, 16:47:
Yea, that trailer was pretty badass. I dont care about the microtrans actions, they are just for people who are too impatient to get some look they like from just playing the game. I loved the first one. Got mine preordered for 42$.

While I agree with you to a point, the troubling part is publishers now requiring their development houses to shove this stuff into their projects, which then forces the dev to balance everything around transactions and loot boxes.
And while we can justify it in freemium games, it's downright gross in triple A.

And then there are those truly pious and wonderful souls over at WB games who made the call to create and sell an Orc character(day one dlc)with the face of the game's producer who recently died of cancer, of which a portion of the proceeds will go to his family, and the other portion going straight to the publisher, who will be profiting from their own employee's death of cancer.

Of course the other side of that coin is us, the customer, who decides to either take it or leave it. And i'm as guilty as the rest of my fellow gamers who still get excited about games, but this growing trend just makes me sad inside.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
17. Re: NVIDIA’s performance improvement per generation has dropped from 70% (pre-2010) to 30% (post-201 Sep 11, 2017, 03:37 Sempai

CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 10, 2017, 15:37:
All the big foundries (Intel, GloFo, TSMC etc.) are struggling with real physical limitations on the path to smaller and smaller nodes. It is complete grade A bullshit when some fantards of either camp are claiming that it (the slow progress) all has to do with complacency.

How would that even work? Do Intel engineers get a couple hours off per work day to wank off?

What a silly bunch of crap. They are always moving full steam ahead, testing, iterating, testing again... CPU/GPU development is incredibly complex.
If you look at the financial reports of the big foundries, you can see that their R&D expenses have exploded in recent years. They are trying hard to push on but it's not as easy as ten years ago when "all you had to do" was buy some new equipment to make your fabs ready for a smaller manufacturing process.

There is zero room for complacency. Intel has pretty much lost the whole mobile market to gigs like Qualcomm and Samsung. There is no time for sleep.
nVidia is pushing full steam ahead because they are already seeing huge new avenues in automotive and the supercomputing sector which might spur their growth big time. But they rely on TSMC and... see start of this post... they are struggling just like everyone else due to real technical hurdles that take time to overcome.

Specifically for Intel you can find a pretty good and not overly long article here at Anandtech that explains why it is taking them so long to move to 10nm+. Newsflash: It's not because their engineers are scratching their balls, playing with their dicks or picking their noses all day. Imagine that.

Agreed, the struggle is real. But that certainly hasn't stopped Intel's endless anti-consumer fuckery year in and year out while maintaining their monopoly over the industry.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Community Documentary
13. Re: Assassin's Creed Community Documentary Sep 11, 2017, 03:26 Sempai

Love the video. Good stuff.  

News Comments > Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris Expansion Revealed
11. Re: Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris Expansion Revealed Sep 9, 2017, 01:20 Sempai

I believe i'm at the top of the list of haters toward Acti-Bungle and their endless bullshit.

But honestly, i don't see this thing being anything less than a juggernaut on both console and PC.
The fact that it's now part of the coveted Blizzard library, along with the fact that, while 2 may just be more of the same, so far my crew and me are balls deep in it and digging every minute.

It's bigger, better, and less annoying than the first. And it's going to be yuge..

News Comments > Destiny 2 Microtransactions?
6. Re: Destiny 2 Microtransactions? Sep 4, 2017, 19:00 Sempai

Gross.  

News Comments > Destiny 2 Open Beta
56. Re: Destiny 2 Open Beta Aug 30, 2017, 17:53 Sempai

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 30, 2017, 07:04:
So, how exactly do Destiny 1 veterans feel about content being locked out of the PC version for 1 year or more?

It's pure unadulterated fuckery. Bungie have shown time and again they have zero problems dicking their fans in the process of taking the cash. I do digs me some Destiny, but i absolutely despise those gigantic cunts there at Bungo World.

Deej, that delusional buffoon, drivels on and on about community this and community that. What a clown.
I don't pretend for one second Bungie has ever given one single solitary fuck about the community.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Open Beta
47. Re: Destiny 2 Open Beta Aug 30, 2017, 03:00 Sempai

As one who played entirely too much D1 on Ps4, this beta client is surprisingly refreshing and solid AF.

The bone dry beta content aside, the Strike is fantastic. The sheer scope and verticality are a significant step up over the first.

In the end it is just more Destiny, but finally having the option to run it on a proper PC in 4k@60fps is glorious. It feels like a different animal altogether. And that Hunter(exotic)hand cannon they give you at the beginning made me giggle like a goddamn school girl, watching Cabal heads pop like a grape in a fiery explosion. So good..

I was planning on picking it up on ps4 to join some friends, waiting for their goddamn horseshit staggered release, but after playing it on PC, i'm much less motivated to ever go back to ps4..friends be damned.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Single-player Support Ends
12. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Single-player Support Ends Aug 20, 2017, 15:19 Sempai

It's telling that EA's decision to pull out of Mass Effect Andromeda less than 6 months post release, and yet Hello Games continues to support No Man's Sky..  

News Comments > Destiny 2 Trailer
14. Re: Destiny 2 Trailer Aug 16, 2017, 21:55 Sempai

jdreyer wrote on Aug 16, 2017, 14:27:
Sempai wrote on Aug 16, 2017, 05:20:
really good.

What is it exactly you're looking for?

Attention.

Apparently so. And what's more concerning is they seem to consider themselves critics on some level, when in the end their verdicts are always the same.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Trailer
9. Re: Destiny 2 Trailer Aug 16, 2017, 05:20 Sempai

Cutter wrote on Aug 15, 2017, 23:29:
Steele Johnson wrote on Aug 15, 2017, 21:43:
Haven't we gotten past games where you just spam your weapom for hours? Man, the vid game industry is way overdue for a total crash. That will be the only thing that can revive this mess!

My thoughts exactly. I just don't get the draw of these hamster wheel grind games. All companies like Blizzard, Ubisoft, et al. are just producing grind games. Wow, Density, Borderlands, Almost every game by Ubisoft, just grinding on the treadmill to level up loot or something else equally or even weaker - rep, etc.

Ugh..ok i'll bite.

I understand the frustration of corporate shenanigans and shady monetization in the triple A space today, but at the same time we also have more variety in games now than in any other time in history.

Steam alone is chock full of good and bad, and much of the good is really good.

What is it exactly you're looking for?

News Comments > The Division Patch Tomorrow; DLC Sample This Weekend
7. Re: The Division Patch Tomorrow; DLC Sample This Weekend Aug 14, 2017, 23:32 Sempai

Haven't logged in for a few months, but my crew and i enjoyed it a lot.
It's a much better game now(still too bullet spongy tho)than it was at launch.

As long as Ubi keep the updates coming i'll definitely fire it up again.

917 Comments. 46 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo