Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sempai

Real Name Sempai   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 13, 2007, 11:48
Total Comments 928 (Graduate)
User ID 33180

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Another Destiny 2 Progression Impediment?
6. Re: Another Destiny 2 Progression Impediment? Jan 1, 2018, 19:15 Sempai

This game is just one gigantic chocolate covered turd.
And it's creators have taken the word "shitbag" to a whole new level.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Destiny 2 Fans Urge Everse Reverse
21. Re: Destiny 2 Fans Urge Everse Reverse Dec 27, 2017, 05:13 Sempai

SimplyMonk wrote on Dec 26, 2017, 11:28:
Eververse is only P2W in the sense that a large part of Destiny is trying to obtain cosmetic gear and Bungie launched Destiny 2 with all the interesting cosmetics in Eververse with nothing for dedicated players to actually strive for. In Destiny 1, all the gorgeous cosmetic gear was tied to completing achievements or milestones in the game such as doing raids on Hard Mode or beating certain challenge encounters. Destiny 2 has none of that and everything that looks like it had any sort of design thought put into is in Eververse.

So yeah... You can dump tons of cash into Eververse and get a really pretty armor set, a quality-of-life ghost, sparrow, and ship but none of those are really that integral to game play to call it P2W. Comparing this bullshit to EA's bullshit is comparing shit oranges to shit apples. Both have valid reasons to be pissed at, but just removing Eververse from Destiny 2 won't fix anything. If there was actual armor sets, ghosts, sparrows, and ships to obtain outside of Eververse, then 90% of these complaints would disappear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce5CDrq4dGg

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division Sequel Possibilities
5. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Sequel Possibilities Dec 24, 2017, 21:22 Sempai

Flatline wrote on Dec 24, 2017, 17:45:
ItBurn wrote on Dec 24, 2017, 17:43:
Division is a great game overall. For 4-5 hours. Then you've played every possible gameplay combinations and all that's left is the same exact thing over and over.

Dunno what you're talking about. I played casually and got almost 100 hours in. The single player story will take you almost 20 hours.

I mean, any reality-based shooter you can say shows you everything you'll see inside of 15 minutes essentially.

Agreed. Tho i haven't gone back to it in some time now. 1.8 looks worthy. And they've done a solid job supporting it, unlike some other cunty, money grubbing studios(cough..Acti-Bungie)and all with no loot boxes, yes?

News Comments > Far Cry 5 Montana Video
9. Re: Far Cry 5 Montana Video Dec 16, 2017, 03:08 Sempai

Anyone else notice how this trailer appears to be the first look at the game running actual real time code(with the inevitable downgrade in models and geometry)on whatever console platform the engines struggling to run on? The game looks like a lot of fun, but it also looks like dogshit now. Those models and facial animations, Jesus..

It's always amusing(and depressing)how great everything looks at E3, and then you begin to see the Jekyll & Hyde like transformation leading up to release as they attempt to squeeze it onto an Xbox One..

News Comments > H1Z1 Free Week Underway
3. Re: H1Z1 Free Week Underway Dec 14, 2017, 19:44 Sempai

opie wrote on Dec 14, 2017, 18:40:
3rd person shooters are the worst.....

I love 3rd person shooters/games. Just..not this one.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
4. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Dec 10, 2017, 05:39 Sempai

Cutter wrote on Dec 9, 2017, 16:35:
TIME needs a Douchebag of the Year award. AP has that locked down easily.

Agreed.

Fuck this human turd.

How come it's always good people who die of cancer? Cmon, Karma! Do your job!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
19. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 9, 2017, 02:38 Sempai

Fuck Equifax.. And fuck this country for not going after them and nuking them into orbit. What a joke. Fuck the entire thing.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 6, 2017, 17:03 Sempai

Ozmodan wrote on Dec 6, 2017, 13:07:
Verno wrote on Dec 6, 2017, 11:16:
Reason #1 - actually has games.
Reason #2 - dogshit OS and store on the Xbox
Reason #3 - You can now play the few remaining Microsoft exclusives on the PC.

I see the article agrees with me on two of these.

Nonsense, the Xbox X owns the PS4 pro. Number one, you don't have to deal with POS Sony!!! That alone makes it a top choice. Secondly, there is a big performance difference, easy to see on any of the demanding games, the Xbox X out performs the Sony in many games. Third, I have yet to see a PS4 exclusive worthy of my gaming money. Four, once games start taking advantage of the Xbox X graphics you will really notice the difference.

So if you really want to be a Sony bigot and miss out have at it.

Thus far It's actually not. The more DF comparison analysis videos i watch the less i'm impressed with Microsoft's box. As far as i can tell they both still run everything at 30fps(same dogshit jaguar cpu)while ps4 pro generally runs at 1440p, X1X=1800 or less. The sad part is X1X appears to be running most games with worse frametime/rates and less consistency overall. It's pretty disappointing actually.

One of many examples, sadly. Fps analysis around the 4:30 mark.
https://youtu.be/BuqKiQm8eIo?t=4m30s

News Comments > Bungie Outlines Destiny 2 Plans
4. Re: Bungie Outlines Destiny 2 Plans Nov 30, 2017, 00:40 Sempai

Love the game. Despise the company running it.

But this is(yet another..)good start on their behalf.

We'll see.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Controversy Affects EA Stock and NFS Payback
7. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Controversy Affects EA Stock and NFS Payback Nov 20, 2017, 21:02 Sempai

I don't know why i even try anymore, but i was looking forward to a new NFS, and then read reviews..

But..Bait crates? Really, EA? Ugh..

News Comments > Free Brütal Legend
1. Re: Free Brütal Legend Nov 20, 2017, 20:33 Sempai

Such a great and terrible game! Great vo and soundtrack. Loved it.  

News Comments > Golden Joystick Winners
10. Re: Golden Joystick Winners Nov 19, 2017, 19:16 Sempai

So best PC game of the year is a game that's still in early access and doesn't have an official release date?..

Oh fuck off..

News Comments > ESA Seeking Final Disabilities Access Waiver Extension
5. Re: ESA Seeking Final Disabilities Access Waiver Extension Nov 18, 2017, 15:31 Sempai

Creston wrote on Nov 18, 2017, 14:43:
Write Ajit Pai a check for $25 (he's a really cheap whore) and he'll be happy to grant you whatever you want.

Spot on.

News Comments > New NVIDIA Drivers
4. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Nov 15, 2017, 20:54 Sempai

heroin wrote on Nov 15, 2017, 19:51:
Damn, an increase in performance in Destiny 2 by 53%- when the game is already incredibly optimized, lacking content, but well optimized and great looking.

It sounds lovely, but i call bullshit on Nvidia. Hope i'm wrong, but i don't trust em.

And yes, anyone who buys that goddamn Battlefront 2, you have now forfeited all of your "bitching and moaning on the internet" privileges for time and all fucking eternity. Not one fucking word..

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Origins Released
34. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Released Oct 28, 2017, 01:09 Sempai

Cool story.  

24. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Released Oct 27, 2017, 18:23 Sempai

Darks wrote on Oct 27, 2017, 12:37:
Sempai wrote on Oct 27, 2017, 12:07:
It sure is pretty, but my God..it seems unoptimized, and/or the Anvil engine is still a gigantic cpu whore.

Difficult to get a stable 60fps@4k..w/1080ti.

Not here, I've had no issues capping to 60fps. everything maxed out on a 28" 4K monitor. with a 1080Ti FTW3

Pretty awesome game so far. but yea, not enough time to play them all. Been playing Destiny 2. thats been a really fun game also.

How convenient for you.. More info would be nice, or you could just go on being vague in your own little bubble of happiness.

6. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Released Oct 27, 2017, 12:07 Sempai

It sure is pretty, but my God..it seems unoptimized, and/or the Anvil engine is still a gigantic cpu whore.

Difficult to get a stable 60fps@4k..w/1080ti.

News Comments > Destiny 2 for Windows Released
9. Re: Destiny 2 for Windows Released Oct 25, 2017, 00:29 Sempai

Question....Can I play this singleplayer or do I have to play multiplayer with people running around trying to kill me?

Yep, you can. There's no open world pvp, and no one's out to get you. However you will see and interact with others down on planets while doing co-op public events etc. It's pretty tame and friendly.

News Comments > EverQuest Ring of Scale Expansion Announced
5. Re: EverQuest Ring of Scale Expansion Announced Sep 21, 2017, 19:27 Sempai

So cool that this thing's still going. This game changed my life, along with my entire circle of friends..for the worse?..Haha! Yes Probably.

Good times.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of War Interactive Trailer
9. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Interactive Trailer Sep 19, 2017, 11:50 Sempai

Nucas wrote on Sep 19, 2017, 05:42:
Sempai wrote on Sep 18, 2017, 20:14:
While I agree with you to a point, the troubling part is publishers now requiring their development houses to shove this stuff into their projects, which then forces the dev to balance everything around transactions and loot boxes.

that's really not a foregone conclusion. mankind divided's devs stated the game was designed without microtransactions in mind, and it's pretty clear that is so when you play the game.

but i don't think shadow of war is going to turn out that way. this game has slowly gone from a must-buy to a wait-and-see for me. there's a clear attempt to streamline and normalize purchases in-game.

one-time-use DLC orcs you buy from a goblin hungrily rubbing his hands together was just a bridge too far for me. it's almost comically meta.

Sure, you can say it's not a foregone conclusion, and the devs can step in and assure us all they want, but the writing's clearly on the wall. And would you honestly expect any other type of statement from them?
I also tend to side with Eurogamers view on Mankind Divideds microtransactions being annoying, icky, and ridiculous. And WB certainly doesn't have a good track record. They're just shameless and gross at this point.

https://goo.gl/WEqUNZ

928 Comments. 47 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo