Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Sempai

Real Name Sempai   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 13, 2007, 11:48
Total Comments 957 (Graduate)
User ID 33180

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Free-Fly Event Underway

2. Re: Star Citizen Free-Fly Event Underway Nov 24, 2019, 12:05 Sempai

I have a close friend who is in SO deep on this fucking game.. To the tune of 2-3 grand now..on those silly goddamn ships they keep promising.

It feels like a cult honestly..

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Getting Ray Tracing Support

26. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Getting Ray Tracing Support Jun 12, 2019, 20:38 Sempai

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 12, 2019, 15:37:
Beamer wrote on Jun 12, 2019, 14:17:
I wouldn't be surprised if the ray tracing gains on the next-gen cards are at least 30%-40%. Overall it wouldn't be that much faster, but could see it being so at ray tracing. Doesn't mean 30%-40% more frames, though, since right now most games only use some ray tracing.

Well, the performance jump from GTX 1080Ti to RTX 2080Ti w/o RT was already an impressive 30% to 40% on average.

The GTX 1080Ti to RTX 2080Ti was a mini node shrink from 16nm to 12nm which many people were saying was more like a 16nm+ process rather than a real shrink.

The RTX 3080Ti GPU will be receiving a real shrink treatment based on a 7nm(+) EUV-enhanced Samsung or TSMC process. Coupled with nVidia's Turing experiences so far and their optimizations on the architectural level as well as the RTX backend + drivers, we could be looking at a considerably higher performance leap in ray-tracing going forward.
It will most likely get a really nice bump next gen. That's almost inevitable.

If i were a betting man i'd say your position is fairly accurate, aaand it'll only cost ya $1600 bucks, or more.

With Navi 7nm clearly not designed for ray tracing we'll continue to have little to no competition in the high-end space, and we also know that little cunt Jensen will continue to make certain we all pay for his 10yr RTX investment.

edit: we live in the future and me typing on a phone is still impossible lol.

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Getting Ray Tracing Support

9. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Getting Ray Tracing Support Jun 12, 2019, 04:18 Sempai

All you need is a $1300 video card from a shitty gross af corp run by a gigantic twat for a ceo!

Yay!..

News Comments > The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance Tactics Announced

1. Re: The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance Tactics Announced Jun 12, 2019, 04:15 Sempai

Looove the fact they're doing a series and a sweet looking little tactics game out of the scariest fuckin movie i saw as a kid lol.

Fuck yeah!

News Comments > Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Gameplay Footage

21. Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Gameplay Footage Jun 8, 2019, 19:17 Sempai

Waaah!..i hate everything!

Look at me i'm edgy and cool.

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financials

1. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials May 3, 2019, 02:09 Sempai

garbage company.  

News Comments > NVIDIA Drivers

6. Re: NVIDIA Drivers Feb 26, 2019, 19:28 Sempai

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 24, 2019, 09:32:
Bludd wrote on Feb 23, 2019, 12:06:
Don't bury the lead:

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4772

Security Bulletin: NVIDIA GPU Display Driver - February 2019
Answer ID 4772
Updated 02/22/2019 09:17 AM
NVIDIA has released a software security update for the NVIDIA GPU Display Driver. This update addresses issues that may lead to denial of service, escalation of privileges, code execution, or information disclosure. To protect your system, download and install this software update through NVIDIA Driver Downloads.
yoinks
Thanks for bringing up something that is actually important.

Thank you.

JFC.....nvidia.. Angry Annoyed Anxious

News Comments > Star Citizen Spending $4M Per Month

18. Re: Star Citizen Spending $4M Per Month Jan 24, 2019, 03:38 Sempai

scam  

News Comments > Anthem Alpha Gameplay Video

19. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 5, 2019, 15:43 Sempai

Creston wrote on Jan 5, 2019, 13:10:
Blackhawk wrote on Jan 5, 2019, 10:50:
Third person shooters push the character further and further to the side of the screen every year. By 2022 games will require a second monitor just to show you the character model.

Haha, I didn't even notice that, but yeah, it is pretty dang far to the side. I'm not sure that I mind it, though. Third person shooter where the camera is right behind you means you can never see where you're going (aka the RDR2 On Your Horse syndrome. The amount of times I crash into shit because it was literally hidden behind Arthur's lumpen frame must be reaching triple digits now) so I think this is a pretty decent trade-off.

you're not alone lol. Jesus that game is such a slog right now. The mechanics are so bad..but the world is just utterly stunning, must keep playing..and then reloading after i accidentally tackle the next poor mfer walking in the street to go towards my imminent $800 bounty lol.

News Comments > Anthem Alpha Gameplay Video

9. Re: Anthem Alpha Gameplay Video Jan 5, 2019, 01:16 Sempai

it's beginning to look like an actual game now. I'm quite impressed actually. Bad frame-hitching aside(you're gonna need a monster pc to run this unoptimized turd) the 3rd person shooting looks solid and the flying mechanics look fantastic. It's gonna be a mess at release but this is definitely on my watch list.

News Comments > Slightly Mad Studios Reveals VR Console Plans

1. Re: Slightly Mad Studios Reveals VR Console Plans Jan 2, 2019, 21:36 Sempai

We're always in need of more "pie in the sky" dreamers on this little rock of ours. More powah to this crazy mfer. Bring it on. Headbang  

News Comments > On Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Prospects

7. Re: On Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Prospects Sep 22, 2018, 16:43 Sempai

It would've been cooler if Devolver had just called Rockstar out for the cunts they are.  

News Comments > Bethesda Blocks Used Game Sale

20. Re: Bethesda Blocks Used Game Sale Aug 11, 2018, 16:13 Sempai

Nucas wrote on Aug 11, 2018, 14:33:
Wraith wrote on Aug 11, 2018, 14:06:
The used game market is theft, pure and simple. The problem is, most people are too stupid to understand this.

how do you feel about libraries

Haha! Fantastic.

Remember the whole "Scrolls" fiasco?

Christ these people..Pete Hines/Zenimax would sue their own mother if it meant another buck in their pocket.

News Comments > No Borderlands 3 at E3?

22. Re: No Borderlands 3 at E3? May 17, 2018, 03:13 Sempai

That Rage 2 trailer made me giddy af..

Avalanche Studios(Just Cause, Mad Max)and Id all teamed up n stuff to to massage and cook us up a proper Rage sequel? And all w/no loot boxes confirmed? Bring that shit!

My loins are ready!

PS.Goddamnit Bethesda, i love/hate you so much..

News Comments > Get The Flame in the Flood for Free in Humble Spring Sale

4. Re: Get The Flame in the Flood for Free in Humble Spring Sale May 11, 2018, 01:39 Sempai

We live in a golden age of gaming.  

News Comments > Destiny 2 Activision's Largest PC Launch

21. Re: Destiny 2 Activision's Largest PC Launch May 2, 2018, 22:39 Sempai

Sadly i still want this game to succeed because i enjoy..well, playing it. Fundamentally it's exceptional, and still sadly, the only one of its kind. But i think everyone's completely fed up with their bullshit.

Of course dipshits like myself will run on back next week to see what's up, but at this point the entire planet continues to be baffled as to how utterly fucking dumb these guys are.

I mean..vault space, it's still..STILL an issue..smh.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 May Drop Solo Campaign; Add Battle Royale

9. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 May Drop Solo Campaign; Add Battle Royale Apr 18, 2018, 01:19 Sempai

This should be interesting.  

News Comments > Watch Dogs 3 Plans Revealed?

15. Re: Watch Dogs 3 Plans Revealed? Apr 16, 2018, 23:27 Sempai

aka_STEVE wrote on Apr 16, 2018, 14:56:
Pretty hard to build a new franchise - then keep changing the protagonist.

Isn't that precisely what Rockstar have done?

News Comments > Shadow of War Dropping Microtransactions

22. Re: Shadow of War Dropping Microtransactions Apr 3, 2018, 19:02 Sempai

Real money micro-transactions=We have come to realize that providing this choice risked undermining the heart of our game. It allows you to miss out on the awesome player stories you would have otherwise created, and it compromises those same stories even if you donít buy anything. Simply being aware that they are available for purchase reduces the immersion in the world and takes away from the challenge of building your personal army and your fortresses.

This^

Fucking this a thousand times.

MonolithMark's statement here needs to be pressed onto a golden fucking plaque and hung up on the wall of every single triple A publisher/developer headquarters. Period, end of story.

And the next time some asshole from Ubisoft, Activision, or anyone attempts to justify their stuffed in-game real money bullshit, every single person needs to copy/paste this shit into a meme and slap his face with it.

News Comments > Destiny 2 March Update

3. Re: Destiny 2 March Update Mar 28, 2018, 06:53 Sempai

The fact they changed the loadouts from "primary, special, and power" to "two primaries and a power" is just..ugh.

And of course they refuse to reverse their idiotic decisions. Silly fuckles.

957 Comments. 48 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >