Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Zang

Real Name Zang   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ZigZang
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 19, 2000, 23:56
Total Comments 903 (Graduate)
User ID 3298

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > A Far Cry from German Approval
20. Re: ... Apr 1, 2004, 16:56 ZigZang

Talisorn,

Both Germany and America are products of their respective histories. In America, like most places, what you see in the media is not an accurate representation of the average person's daily existence. We may not be able to watch titties on our commercials (shame really), but I'd take that over the kind of censorship that happens elsewhere any day.

ZigZang
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Matrix Apr 1, 2004, 12:04 ZigZang

In case peeps are wondering the footage from the Matrix Reentered is from the Jap live action film: Casshern.

I was wondering that actaully. Thanks!

ZigZang

News Comments > A Far Cry from German Approval
5. Re: The World's Second Largest Economy Apr 1, 2004, 11:37 ZigZang

I have to say that I've enjoyed Far Cry a great deal, but I've not seen ANYTHING in this game so far that even comes close to being offensive. (ok, so one dude used the f-word . . .) \

Flo, do you happen to know the code / standards that FC is violating? What is the essense of the German USK in terms of restricted content?

ZigZang

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Gates and nearly free hardware... Mar 30, 2004, 13:08 ZigZang

I think what Gates is saying is that its all about services, not the HW. Services like, say those run by MS software.  
ZigZang

News Comments > Game Reviews
13. Re: Farcry Mar 29, 2004, 17:34 ZigZang

Thanks Thera. I found a couple threads on the official "english" Ubisoft forums. I've basically gotten pretty solid 30+ framerates running at 1024x768 with everything at very high (water ultra high) except shadows at Medium and lighting at High (I get a few more fps if I go medium). On the whole it looks good.  
ZigZang

6. Re: Farcry Mar 29, 2004, 12:47 ZigZang

A couple questions for you all in terms of achieving the best visual detail / performance settings for Far Cry. I've got the following HW:

P4 2.53 Ghz
512 MB Ram (PC3200)
GF4 128MB Ti 4600
Win XP

Right now I'm running the game at 1024x768x32 with "High Detail" on everything except Shadows. Performance seems mearely ok. Anyone know how to show current FPS in game? What is everyone else running? (what is your hardware?)

Which settings have the most impact on graphic quality? on performance?

This comment was edited on Mar 29, 12:50.

ZigZang

News Comments > Carmack at GDC Follow-up
29. Re: Rehashing the same old Mar 26, 2004, 17:21 ZigZang

I f$%*ing hated Team Arena...

I bought it and I'm not even sure I played every map. There were so many other mods for Q3 that the "team" arena drivel never had a chance.

This comment was edited on Mar 26, 17:24.

ZigZang

News Comments > Carmack at GDC Follow-up
23. Re: Observation Mar 26, 2004, 16:16 ZigZang

Flashback: id announced that their next game, Quake3, would be deathmatch/multiplayer only, causing an industry-wide and community-wide uproar.

Flashback: Dynamix released Starsiege Tribes in 1998, beating Quake 3 to market by an entire year. id's original idea wasn't so original anymore.

Nice one guys, I was just about to explain to people why Tribes is due more props. It was clearly ahead of its time and only now are people getting it now that more mainstream studios are doing very Tribes-ish things. I'm not saying its the best game ever made (though it is damn fun), just one of the most important.

<retreating behind a veil of Tribes indifference/>

This comment was edited on Mar 26, 16:18.

ZigZang

News Comments > Steam Update
6. Re: No subject Mar 25, 2004, 15:08 ZigZang

Steam is bad because - to get all the content for HL2 you're going to have to go the monthly subscription route.

I've not seen anything to suggest that if I pay $50 at retail for HL2 (full version inc. MP) that I won't have access to all HL2 content. What do you have to support this? As far as I know Steam is JUST a delivery mechanism, if I choose to buy the retail version it is the same version that I could buy online. The only "subscription" is if you want to have access to ALL of Valve's games (HL, HL2, CZone, future expansion packs, etc.) then you can pay $10 (or something) a month and have access to all games, but if you've "paid" for your copy of HL2 at retail you will still have access to all content for that game.

This comment was edited on Mar 25, 15:09.

ZigZang

News Comments > Counter-Strike: CZ on Steam
20. Re: No subject Mar 23, 2004, 11:59 ZigZang

Hardly anybody bought it?

Yes, but (most) everyone's downloaded it (whose on Steam) regardless of whether or not they have or plan to purchase it.

ZigZang

3. Re: Far Cry multiplayer?????? Mar 23, 2004, 10:52 ZigZang

what I dont get is how the developers and the feature list say that it has a team-based multiplayer mode called "assault"... yet all the reviews say it only has team deathmatch and CTF

FarCry most definately has an "assault" multiplayer component. I was in the beta and I can attest it is damn fun. Similar in structure to, say, UT2k4 Assault but a tad slower paced (which works for me). Worth the price of admission alone, IMO.

ZigZang

News Comments > Counter-Strike: CZ on Steam
13. Re: I have a dream Mar 23, 2004, 10:43 ZigZang

Anyone know what online stuff CZ will add?

I'm curious about that myself. This shouldn't be news to anyone but CS IS a good game. We have all played it, so its not just for "kiddiez". I don't plan on picking up CZ, but I would like to know if any of the multiplayer "improvements" to CZ will find their way to regular old CS. Anyone know for sure?

This comment was edited on Mar 23, 10:43.

ZigZang

31. Re: Problem Mar 22, 2004, 13:12 ZigZang

I was using IE 6 and every couple weeks or so the first add would constantly reload, essentially preventing me from accessing Blues News. The only way to stop it was to blow away my cookies and page cache, which I've decided is a complete pain in the ass. So last week, based on reading these boards decided to try Mozilla Firefox. Still kinda getting used to it but on the whole works well.  
ZigZang

News Comments > Saturday Q&As
7. Re: How well... Mar 21, 2004, 11:08 ZigZang

I never got the impression that FAKK 2 did that great but it was a good game and was even more popular at the time because I recall it coming out in a general lull in gaming. That said, I'd consider reinstalling it if word on the free expansion is good.

As for BF:V vs. UT 2k4 I'm surprised that BF:V is running nearly 10K players and UT is only running about half that (according to GSpy @ 10:00am CST) and the numbers for BF42 are still strong (about 9k). The price on both these games is right on. It makes my decision to pick up both a no brainer.

ZigZang

News Comments > DOOM 3 Voices
12. Re: music? Mar 19, 2004, 14:55 ZigZang

Reznor was never doing music for D3. He was working on the ambient sounds and sound effects. I read somewhere that iD hadn't ruled out using at least some of his stuff despite his departure.  
ZigZang

38. Re: Complicity -- UT2k4 rebate Mar 18, 2004, 15:07 ZigZang

Yes! Voucher please.  
ZigZang

News Comments > Ships Ahoy: UT2004
29. Re: Waiting on Amazon.ca... Mar 16, 2004, 15:58 ZigZang

BestBuy is selling both versions for $29.99

Best Buy is selling UT2k4, but the one store I was at hadn't received the DVD version yet. They said it would be Thursday (3/18). I'm gonna wait for that. But I did pick up BF:V. I share your enthusiasm, Ray. Lots of good fun, not to mention that I'm still working on KotOR and Bloodmoon (yeah, can't shake it), in between getting my ass kicked in Desert Combat. There aren't enough hours in the day (or night) for all this.

This comment was edited on Mar 16, 16:00.

ZigZang

News Comments > New ForceWare Drivers
30. Re: No subject Mar 15, 2004, 16:06 ZigZang

Okay, thanks bitch, I will edit my post!

Much better. You are welcome.

ZigZang

News Comments > New ForceWare Drivers
26. Re: No subject Mar 15, 2004, 15:29 ZigZang

Hey nodickforyou,

I'm pretty sure its not whop (sounds like a tiny chololate covered malt ball . . . . but I digress). Think along the lines of "white anglo-saxon protestant", fool.

ZigZang

48. Re: RSS Service for Blues Mar 15, 2004, 14:50 ZigZang

Thanks Bronco. Is this mentioned on the main page?  
ZigZang

903 Comments. 46 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo