Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Zang

Real Name Zang   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ZigZang
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 19, 2000, 23:56
Total Comments 903 (Graduate)
User ID 3298

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Source Steam Release
31. Re: Cha-Ching!! Oct 7, 2004, 15:42 ZigZang

A couple thoughts on what I anticipate being a significant day in my relationship with HL2 et al. One, couldn't pull the trigger on the Gold, went Silver, just don't need more useless shit. I was expecting to pick up Tribes this week, but I have a sneaking feeling Tribes (and many other games) are going to quickly slip from my consciousnesses as the Source games ramp up. I've yet to finish Doom 3 and I am frightened at how many games I have on my plate to play. If HL was any indication, one could play only HL2 games / mods for the next year and be quite busy.

Good days to be a gamer.

ZigZang
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Source Steam Release
29. Cha-Ching!! Oct 7, 2004, 15:36 ZigZang

Ching-ching, cha cha ching! ching! ching! ching! cha-ching! BAA CHING! CHING CHING CHA-CHING!!!!!

That is the sound of Valve's coffer's filling up. Right now Gabe is thinking, "Shaazzam, bitches!!".

ZigZang

News Comments > Ships Ahoy: TRIBES: Vengeance
35. Re: Not now Oct 6, 2004, 17:31 ZigZang

I fired up Tribes2 on Monday and I had a blast...

Just out of curiosity, how many servers/players are out there?

ZigZang

News Comments > Space Interceptor/Project Freedom Demo
4. Re: 3D Gamers Oct 6, 2004, 16:24 ZigZang

Please tell me where your opinion was asked?

MrGrosser, don't be a dumbass.

Enahs, while I agree that 3DGamers is better, I still find the whole thing a bit too cluttered for my tastes. The whole news section in the middle makes my head spin.

ZigZang

29. Re: *bzzzt!* Oct 6, 2004, 13:42 ZigZang

Well geez, even QII (Threewave, was it?) had a grappling hook!

Not to mention Weapons Factory for QII. Opps! Just mentioned it!

ZigZang

27. Anyone seen it in stores? Oct 6, 2004, 12:42 ZigZang

Best Buy is saying it will be available on the 12th. WTF? Didn't anyone at VU let retailers know this was coming?  
ZigZang

21. Re: Not now Oct 6, 2004, 11:08 ZigZang

I loved playing the beta version, something about it just felt right. After I downloaded the Demo MP, there was something that didn't feel as good, something was different. Gotta say I'm gonna pass this one over.

It probably was the increased lag, decreased skiing speed & jetpack power.

Seriously, to each his own. But man you guys are fickle. Did you pick up Doom3? Eventhough player speeds were way slower than previous versions? What? What weapons were different too? How could you? Of course you picked it up, even if "things didn't feel as good" as before. Seems a little off, especially since you both "liked" the beta.

ZigZang

16. T:V Oct 6, 2004, 10:16 ZigZang

I for one am very excited about this release. I'd forgotten how much I love this game. Sure its different from T1 & T2. Sure the packs and deployables have been simplified. Sure the vehicles (so far) aren't the focus or as fun as in the past IMO. And YES, the game uses the Unreal engine (this is a bad thing?!?) You know what? It's still fun to fly around and blow stuff up. No other game rewards defense as equally as offense. No other game supports teamwork and lone-wolf play as completely.

There's a certain population of gamers that find it fashionable to criticize a game. That's fine. Frankly I can find LOTS of reasons to criticize gaming as a hobby. Yet, here I am. And I'll continue to play as long as its FUN.

So the important question: has anyone seen T:V at retail yet? Best Buy?

ZigZang

14. Re: No Biggy Oct 6, 2004, 10:02 ZigZang

Joe, Joe, Joe . . . . relax, have a smoke, take the edge off. It's only a game, if you don't think its fun find another game (yahoo solitare, perhaps?) or if necessary, find another hobby. It's obvious the world at large just isn't ready for someone of your great talent and 133t 3k1773.  
ZigZang

News Comments > Out of the Blue
25. Re: How to Cost MS Money Oct 5, 2004, 11:52 ZigZang

Na, lack of sleep...I'm a cranky basted when I get under 6 hours.

Hopefully, you were up late playing games . . . or better yet, frolicking with your lady friend(s ?!?), and not working.

ZigZang

24. Re: Mouse Buttons Oct 5, 2004, 11:50 ZigZang

Is there a program that I can run that will automatically change my forward and back buttons on my mouse to certain keys on my keyboard so they can be bound in games?

I agree. I used to like to bind my mouse wheel button to "launch windows explorer" but it would always launch during games (simply unacceptable), so I don't use it. if such a program exists, I would use it.

ZigZang

News Comments > TRIBES: Vengeance Patch
6. Re: No subject Oct 5, 2004, 11:45 ZigZang

Oddly (thankfully), I never experienced any of the T2 issues that were so widely seen by others. Just luck I guess, but my biggest gripe with T2 and UT2k3/2k4 is that due to the relative ease of modding the game, it was very difficult to find "base" servers shortly after the games release. Now, I'm definatly of the camp that says modding is the savior of PC gaming, but, to your point Sauron, its difficult to "master" a game that's likely very different every time you play. For example, you cannot play UT2k4 without having to load a ton of files EVERY time you join server. The game experience is different every time you play, its difficult to master the mod/mod version of the day and most often the mods are so unbalanced and favor more expeienced players so much that it can often be a very frustrating expeience. Arguably, I only play online 3-6 hours a week (married, kids, etc.), but when the game changes so often, its tough to compete.

I'm really not bitching, and frankly I wouldn't have it any other way, but it does make it difficult at times. In part I think this is what turned off alot of T2 players in that they would jump into a modded game unknowingly, and just get overwhelmed. I hope this doesn't happen with T:V.

ZigZang

18. Re: How to Cost MS Money Oct 5, 2004, 11:07 ZigZang

I think it's a riot. Fuck MS, they deserve it. And this is coming from someone who has to support their OS and Apps for 40+ hours a week.

Order away...

And . . .

I'll order some with your name (Sean Walsh) on 'em

My, what ever happened to the sensitive, socially-responsible nin, we've grown to know and love? Seriously, did you forget to pick up your Starbucks today?

ZigZang

13. Re: Auction... Oct 4, 2004, 12:46 ZigZang

yeah, she's probably 13

Well, as they say, if there's grass on the field . . . play ball.

ZigZang

News Comments > Highlander Games
8. Scoffer? Sep 27, 2004, 21:46 ZigZang

I was all ready to scoff at this idea, but the more I think about it, the more I think this property has some very good potential. Think about it. First person sword-play, you have to become the "one" and battle increasingly more savvy enemies. I think it would be a cool RPG-lite scenario. The game would need a large world with a VERY non-linear path. Aw, who am I kidding, they are gonna BUTCHER this.  
ZigZang

17. Re: Daredevil Sep 22, 2004, 10:20 ZigZang

I'm not sure why the Daredevil movie gets so much flack. It had some definite weak points to be sure, but it was an entirely decent movie on the whole. I think it gets FAR more criticism than it deserves. Any superhero movie that was 'only' as good as Daredevil would be doing okay.

Shadowcat, have you ever read ANY of the Daredevil comics? Have you read the Frank Miller Daredeveil? The movie was a travesty, it was awful. Yes there was some cool action but the bastardization of all that made Daredevil cool in the comic books was utterly lost in translation. Casting Jennifer Garner as Elektra is almost as big of a mistake as casting Affleck, who IMO was and continues to be one of Hollywoods most overrated actors. The movie failed to capture any of the spirit of the book.

ZigZang

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Star Wars Battlefront
48. Re: No subject Sep 21, 2004, 17:58 ZigZang

Dawn of War . . . Call of Duty Expansion . . . no need to get this

Agreed. Not to mention Tribes:Vengeance, and a little thing called HL2 which will be shipping in less than a month <crosses fingers> which will dominate single play and multiplay for months (conservatively). I've got plenty to keep me entertained.

ZigZang

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Star Wars Battlefront
1. 1st Sep 21, 2004, 10:29 ZigZang

I'm really curious to see if this game on the PC will be good.  
ZigZang

News Comments > TRIBES Vengeance Nears
48. What I miss from T2 Sep 17, 2004, 17:27 ZigZang

is the lack of the option to view your feet when you look down like in T2. Nice little detail added to the immersion.  
ZigZang

News Comments > TRIBES Vengeance Nears
22. Re: Sep 17, 2004, 11:48 ZigZang

is there a multiplayer demo?

Yes, through fileplanet. I think technically its the multiplayer "beta" but its a better demo than the official SP demo.

ZigZang

903 Comments. 46 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo