Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Zang

Real Name Zang   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ZigZang
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 19, 2000, 23:56
Total Comments 903 (Graduate)
User ID 3298

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
140. Re: Halsy's Reality Nov 3, 2004, 13:13 ZigZang

Creston --> The Death Star

That was just fucking hilarious, thanks ZigZang

Anytime. Now go blow up Tattooine or something.

ZigZang
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

139. Re: Halsy's Reality Nov 3, 2004, 13:11 ZigZang

Hay, you left out Warhawk...the late commer today.

I did forget Warhawk, but I later added him. Warhawk --> Sand People.

ZigZang

129. Re: Halsy's Reality Nov 3, 2004, 12:59 ZigZang

Star Wars is what we adults like to call "make believe".

What?!? No it's not! You take that back!!

ZigZang

121. Re: Halsy's Reality Nov 3, 2004, 12:49 ZigZang

I'm not in the list?

Hmmm . .. . I'm not sure I have enough points of data to peg you Josh, but let's give it a shot anyway.

You are an Ewok

Josh --> Ewok

ZigZang

115. Re: Halsy's Reality Nov 3, 2004, 12:41 ZigZang

I completely forgot, my appologies.

Here, you can be the Sand People.

Warhawk --> Sand People

ZigZang

106. Halsy's Reality Nov 3, 2004, 12:34 ZigZang

George Bush --> Senator Palpatine/Emperor
Republicans --> Empire/Stormtroopers
Democrats --> Rebel Alliance
John Kerry --> Obi-wan Kenobi
Dick Cheney --> Darth Vader
John Edwards --> R2-D2
Halsy --> Han Solo
ZigZang --> Jabba the Hut
Batman --> Admiral Grand Moff Tarkin
Creston --> The Death Star
JediLuke --> Yoda

Let me know if I'm getting close here, Halsy.

This comment was edited on Nov 3, 12:38.

ZigZang

82. Re: Kerry Concedes Nov 3, 2004, 11:53 ZigZang

Michael Moore, consider yourself pwn3d!!!

Woot! I love this.

Let's talk about Michael Moore . . . . I wonder if the actions of Moore and others (Liberal Rawkers for Change) backfired. Did people get tired of hearing them? or did they actaully spur more conservatives to vote? I for one was a fan of Michael Moore and enjoyed "Roger and Me", but I think his heavy handedness, despite his passion, has made him a detriment to the Democratic party.

This comment was edited on Nov 3, 11:55.

ZigZang

35. Re: R.I.P. America Nov 3, 2004, 10:05 ZigZang

the very fact that you - and others like you - oppose what I belive is proof positive we're on the right track.

I don't oppose what you believe, I just don't agree with you. That plus the fact that your resoning seems to be leaving you, but other than that you're free to embrace whatever floats your boat.

ZigZang

25. Re: R.I.P. America Nov 3, 2004, 09:38 ZigZang

Oh, Halsey, that was tooo funny. Really.

Almost two thirds of the country didn't vote which speaks volumes in and of itself about what a failure the system is. Bush does not represent a majority of people, nor does he have some form of divine mandate as he and the rest of the American Taliban think he does.

Blah, blah, blah, there was a record turnout of voters for this election. Complain all you want but it doesn't get better than that. Bush doesn't have a divine mandate, but he does have the vote and confidence of the majority American voters (which is alot more than you can say about Kerry) and that, my friend, is good enough to make him Il Presidente for another 4 years.

You should be careful as sharing ideologies with Bozo's like Michael Moore is a BAD thing.

ZigZang

9. Re: Kerry... Nov 3, 2004, 08:37 ZigZang

Halsey, come out and play.  
ZigZang

128. Re: Time for a hiatus... Nov 2, 2004, 17:33 ZigZang

No, that's moronic and wrong. The US needs the World as much as the World needs the US.

I don't need anything else . . . I need this paddle game . . . and this remote control, but I don't need anything else.

ZigZang

97. Re: Political Fanboys! Nov 2, 2004, 16:18 ZigZang

Wow! You guys are so weakminded!

So true, I ate an entire bag of Cheetos last night!

ZigZang

85. Re: Time for a hiatus... Nov 2, 2004, 15:55 ZigZang

No, but an educated guess is better than an uneducated one.

A guess is a guess is a guess. You are saying that Bush's "denials and actions" are what allow you to make a GUESS? You've not shown ANY evidence or identified any "actions" to suggest Bush is going to implement a draft. Guess what? I'm going to make a guess that you are in fact Chucky the puppet. Your denials will only make you more GUILTY, Chucky!!

Me:
Then Rangel and company should learn more about how laws are created and modified through congress. Don't they teach this stuff to 3rd graders?

Halsey:
And that has what to do with what Rangel wanted to achieve?

Well, according to you, "
Rangel and company were trying to change how the draft works.
". See the way it works is when you want to change something like the draft you need to propose an amendment to the laws the govern the draft. That amendment needs to be voted on and approved by . . . hold on . . . that's right, Congress.

As for the rest of the world, perhaps you can explain to me why I should care who the rest of the world wants for an American president.

They don't pay my taxes.
Don't they? Who do you think consumes the things that you produce that allow you pay taxes? If the world decided to boycott the U.S. tomorrow you'd change your tune P.D.Q.

Actaully, I don't produce anything or service anyone outside the US, but if I did and the rest of the world boycotted the US and I wasn't able to work I wouldn't have taxes to pay. Your logic has failed you.

Show me where that's the case. America makes a lot of promises, but they don't fufill a lot of those promises either.

Halsey, are you really that bitter about the US? You need a visa so you can visit France. But you asked for one case. OK, how about the first Gulf War? We had the overwhelming support of NATO. Guess what? 700,000 soldiers participated, of which 540,000 were US troops. That seems balanced to you? That seem all that different to you compared to now?

Blind faith. Now, now, don't let your temper get the better of you. I only point out your obvious devotion to Kerry as I wonder if you've considered exactly how things will be different and easier for Kerry than they will be if Bush is re-elected? The world just does't suddently *snap* into harmony because Kerry wins. He's going to have the EXACT same problems and issues ol' Georgie boy will face and despite all the rhetoric, "dedicated" plans, and promises, neither candidate's actions in the next 2 years will be all that different.

ZigZang

76. Re: Time for a hiatus... Nov 2, 2004, 15:20 ZigZang

I still have yet to see anyone who thinks Bush won't implement a draft explain why he wouldn't. And no, simply shifting troops and training Iraqis won't prevent it.

Halsey, I'm really not trying to pick on you but you really seem convinced there will be a draft and I acknowledge your right to think what you want. Keep in mind that the Republicans have not discussed a draft. The idea of a draft was introduced by Democrats, probably for a number of reasons, but the fact remains one of those reasons is to introduce fear into the American public and to force Republicans to talk about a draft. You are asking why Bush won't implement a draft and there are, in my mind, only two reasons:

1. He's stated he won't (ok, take it with a grain of salt);

2. His stated strategy for the remainder of the "war" doesn't require a massive army. The goal is to leave Iraq once its stable under its own forces. Naturally that does take time and armed forces but not the numbers that would justify a draft.

Anyone else have something to add?

ZigZang

70. Re: Time for a hiatus... Nov 2, 2004, 15:01 ZigZang

As a matter of fact there was.

http://217.160.163.211/globalvote2004/

This is hardly the first time that this sentiment has been presented.

LOL! Nice! but I don't see any mention of the methodology used. Could anyone vote? Could anyone vote twice? three times? How was the site advertised? Does anyone else find it funny on the sites homepage http://www.benrik.co.uk/content/ that there is mention of the sites service for Arranged Marrages?

I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest that the global vote 2004 wouldn't hold up under serious scrutiny. Just a hunch.

ZigZang

64. Re: Time for a hiatus... Nov 2, 2004, 14:46 ZigZang

It's their denials in conjunction with their actions that tell you everything you need to know to make an educated guess

Conjecture and guesses don't make it so.

Rangel and company were trying to change how the draft works.

Then Rangel and company should learn more about how laws are created and modified through congress. Don't they teach this stuff to 3rd graders?

I'd say the fact that the rest of the globe overwhelmingly wants Kerry to win and will much more willing to offer the U.S. real economic and military aid - which it desperately needs and could have had - would be much better for America than Bush's unilateralism which has gotten America nowhere except being worse off than it was before.

How do you know the rest of the world overwhelmingly wants Kerry to win? Was there a global presidential vote that I missed? Just because a vocal minority holds a march doesn't mean the rest of the world thinks the same thing. Moreover, while its nice to "play nice" with other nations, I could care less who they think should be leading our country. They don't pay my taxes. Also, not sure where you've heard otherwise, but even in times where the US has gotten "overwhelming" support from other nations, the US has still footed 75% plus of the bill. Don't count on other countries suddenly "bucking up" just because George is no longer in the house, they don't do it even when they like us.

Everyone will get on board if Kerry wins. Bush has burned all his bridges and shows no desire to rebuild any them. Kerry will repaid that damage.

What makes you think Kerry will get ANYONE on board, let alone everyone? How do you suppose he would do it? He certainly hasn't told anyone how he plans to do it. Your blind faith is disturbing.

This comment was edited on Nov 2, 14:50.

ZigZang

43. Re: Time for a hiatus... Nov 2, 2004, 13:21 ZigZang

It's not preposterous at all. The U.S. military is stretched to its breaking point and Bush wants to expand wars into Iran and Syria. There are issues with North Korea, China and Taiwan to boot. We won't even mention Afghanistan. No, the return of a draft is very plausible and very likely if he wins.

Halsey, it is preposterous. Aside from your conjecture, site one SHRED of evidence that Bush and/or other Republicans have even hinted at the possibility of a draft? Don't you know its the Democrates that were wanting to reinstate the draft? The reality is that the chances of reinstating the draft are higher if Kerry is elected. Don't succumb to the paranoia. Yes there are "issues" in other parts of the world. Do YOU think a draft is the best and only answer? Armies are for invading, and I don't think anyone other than Kerry wants you to think we're going to be invading those countries. Not to mention that volunteer armies are and always will be more effective than conscripted armies.

How is it addressing peoples fears - real or imagined - is catering to the lowest common denominator? I sure don't want to see a draft reinstated and see some of you kids go off and die for Bush's crusades and oil wars. How is it that worrying about the economy and whether you'll have a job or not or be homeless or isn't valid or real? You don't have to be an economist to look around at where you live, and how you and your family and friends are doing and see if you're doing better or worse and vote accordingly.

Addressing fears is one thing, creating or exacerbating fears is another. Suggesting Bush will reinstate the draft does nothing but generate more fear about the future and when coupled with the lack of facts and the obvious way in which it helps Kerry, it is a shameful tactic, one I would expect someone like you to identify.

As for the "lowest common denominator", it is my belief that politicians don't campaign to the informed voter, but rather to the uniformed voter. There is greater ability to sway uninformed voters than those that already know their "facts". It is carefully planned and executed manipulation, pure and simple.

Should we have written exams in order to secure the right to vote?

Good idea, I wish I'd thought of that first!

ZigZang

30. Re: Time for a hiatus... Nov 2, 2004, 12:13 ZigZang

Voting just to vote is asinine. I want people who know the issues and the facts to vote.

I voted this morning and there were ballots I simply didn't vote on because I had no clue about who these people were (local judges and city councilmen etc.). I could have just picked one (or more) but that just didn't make sense to me. It's really no different with the presidential election. If you don't know the facts (yes the FACTS) then you shouldn't vote.

Example, Kerry suggesting Bush is planning to reopen the draft. Frankly, this is a very shrewed move by Kerry because MOST young voters have no idea how preposterous and simply dumb the notion is, and yet will allow their vote to be swayed by this disinformation. I'm not singleing out Kerry as I'm sure Bush (and every other politician) does the same, but its a fact that most voters don't understand the issues and its why politicians cater to the lowest common denominator.

ZigZang

13. Voter Turnout Nov 2, 2004, 10:48 ZigZang

Just got back from the polls on the North side of Chicago near my house and it was packed. According to one of the poll judges in my district I was voter 224 out of the total 962 registered voters and it was only 7:30am.

Personally, I think a high voter turnout favors the Dem's not that it matters as Chicago/Illinois is traditionally a very liberal city/state.

As for not voting . . . I think its unfortunate, but as Matt Stone and Trey Parker (the creators of "South Park") say, not everyone is informed and educated on the issues enough to vote. Those people shouldn't vote and in a way I agree with them.

ZigZang

27. Re: Ideas appreciated Nov 1, 2004, 12:07 ZigZang

The Tivo topic would be hard to discuss here because we don't have Tivo in Canada.

Do you have access to Dgital Video Recorders like Tivo from your cable or satilite providers? Same issues there really, how will broadcasters make money if people can skip commercials? Who is ultimately going to provide digital video recording hardware? Will it be companies like Tivo or will it be cable and satilite TV providers giving it away as part of their set-top box? Do people buy the hardware for the hardware or for the software and/or service? etc.

If you dig into VoIP there are some great technological issues as well regulatory and telco industry issues involved.

In any case, good luck. Is this for work or are you a student?

ZigZang

903 Comments. 46 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo