Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Zang

Real Name Zang   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ZigZang
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 19, 2000, 23:56
Total Comments 903 (Graduate)
User ID 3298

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
35. Re: HL2 Jan 3, 2005, 13:42 ZigZang

I'm not trying to start anything here, but I found this pretty interesting:

http://members.lycos.nl/vbbtestsite/tsunami_aid_bs.jpg

Don't know how reliable it is..

Just saw Powell on TV last night saying the US has already committed $350 Million and is likely to kick that up to $500 MM shortly. This is not at you, OsinO . . . people are so eager to find blame in ANYTHING the US does now. Keep in mind that the US provides more aid, financial and other than all other nations combined. The gripe, as I undertand it, is that when compared to donating nations GDP, the US ranks last. Depends on how you want to measure it, I suppose but the more I hear about this the more I remember what my old pappy taught me, "be thankful for what you get".

ZigZang
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Fantastic 4 Jan 3, 2005, 10:58 ZigZang

I've not seen The Incredibles (yet) but the similarities to the F4 isn't subtle. I didn't realize that the budget for the F4 movie was > $100MM. As one of Marvel's core franchises (at least in some respects) with so much great material to work with I actually have very high expectations (Ok, Michael Chiklis in foam rubber did look pretty stupid) but the fact that they are conscious of the impact of The Incredibles and are determined to spend the green to make it kick ass I take as a very good sign.  
ZigZang

News Comments > France to Defend Ubisoft from EA?
5. French Defense Dec 30, 2004, 11:25 ZigZang

So, France is going to defend them by handing over the keys to Ubi's offices and running away?  
ZigZang

18. Re: Tsunami Dec 29, 2004, 11:43 ZigZang

Are you talking about the tsunami or the re election of George Bush?

Ba-dum-bump! Thank you folks, I'm here all week!

This comment was edited on Dec 29, 11:45.

ZigZang

8. Re: Tsunami Dec 29, 2004, 11:25 ZigZang

But I'm guessing since they've never seen anything like that, they don't know what's going to happen...it's easy for us to sit back now and say "That guy w/ the camera is gonna drown in that building" but at the time (and I'm assuming no warning beforehand) they probably didn't know what was going on...or how bad it was going to get.

I totally agree that's what happens/happened. I was't trying to suggest that these unfortunate souls were dumb or ignorant because they didn't recognize the danger, but rather its the insidious nature of these things, like people trying to take their carry-on luggage with them as they leave a burning airplane, its just such a shift in reality people just don't seem to believe their own eyes. I'm sure I would have done the same thing. That's what is most frightening to me.

ZigZang

5. Tsunami Dec 29, 2004, 11:07 ZigZang

I've watched this and a few other videos from the terrible events in Thailand and around Indonisia and one thought keeps coming back to me. . . . it's amazing how little people understand the mortal danger they are in. It just doesn't register to them that it's going to get incredibly worse. Many are doomed long before they realize something is amiss. Truely terrifying.  
ZigZang

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Movies
17. Re: No subject Dec 28, 2004, 15:16 ZigZang

Not to mention the E3 vid strider sequence, which was IMO better than the one in the game.

I agree, I wanted to hurl "F" & "U" at the strider . . . .

ZigZang

14. Re: No subject Dec 28, 2004, 14:09 ZigZang

they said in a big article posted at gamespot that it was found to be very boring

I did read that and it's nice that Valve at least acknowledges why it was ultimately not included. id on the other hand seems to have dumped alot of (apparently) good material in favor of repititous tunnel shooting.

ZigZang

12. Re: No subject Dec 28, 2004, 13:56 ZigZang

Yeah, at least Valve showed several things that aren't in the final game.

Both Valve and id did that, especially id. There were TONS of cool sequences that were shown in the Doom 3 trailer / pre-release vids that were NOWHERE to be found in the game. some of the coolest stuff . . . the pinky breaking through the wall, the marine's shadow being envelped by a Hell Knight's shadow, the marine turning around to face the chainsaw wielding dude. Where the F*** was that stuff? I realize some of its for demo and tech dev purposes, but geez, talk about bait and switch.

I want to fight the HL2 blue fettucini tentacle thing and properly kick its ASS!!

This comment was edited on Dec 28, 13:57.

ZigZang

News Comments > Far Cry Map Pack
2. Great game but . . . Dec 27, 2004, 23:46 ZigZang

. . . isn't this a little too late? Does anyone play Far Cry multiplayer? This would have been SO MUCH MORE meaningful 6 months ago. Too bad really.  
ZigZang

27. Re: No subject Dec 27, 2004, 16:57 ZigZang

Bronco's website is http://www.braglio.com .

Thanks, Tango & nin. It's nice to have some alternatives to Blues and Bronco seems to consistently provide well-reasoned ideas and responses.

ZigZang

15. Re: No subject Dec 27, 2004, 16:36 ZigZang

What's Bronco's website URL?  
ZigZang

News Comments > Half-Life 2 ARGG Mod
13. Re: ZingZang Dec 23, 2004, 20:13 ZigZang

Hey ZingZang, did you ever notice that whenever you post, it places your name to the upper-right of your post?

Yes, everytime I post.

So when you sign your name you are being completely redundant!

Says you.

Also, why do you sign your name?

To let simpletons such as yourself know how to address your superiors.

Is this a love letter?

Yes, it is. To your mother.

Do you find yourself more important than us?

That's too easy, more important than you.

Are you too stupid to realize that your name is already listed on the post?

See "Why do you sign your name?"

Please let us know why you are coming on to us

To get closer to your mother.

value yourself too much

To get closer to your sister.

or are too fucking retarded

LOL, unlike you right?

We'd all like to know. Thanks.

My pleasure, tell your mom I said "Hi". You know she likes it when I slap her ass and call her "slutty bitch", but I'm thinking you may already know that.

ZigZang ZigZang ZigZang ZigZang ZigZang
ZigZang ZigZang ZigZang ZigZang ZigZang
Got it?

ZigZang

6. Re: No subject Dec 23, 2004, 11:41 ZigZang

I can't count the number of times I picked up a barrel to toss at someone, and when I hit the mouse button, it lands at their feet (instead of smacking their head). Once you pick up the barrel, you have no idea how much further the enemy has advanced towards you, if at all (or maybe they've retreated).

I see what you are saying, but I think that's the skill associated with using that weapon. The gravity gun is easily the most powerful weapon in the game and removing any of its existing throttles (ie limited visibility) only makes it even more powerful (aka unbalanced).

ZigZang

4. Re: No subject Dec 23, 2004, 11:13 ZigZang

Oh and I forgot to say, this sounds like a cool mod. I'll definatly check this out.  
ZigZang

3. Re: No subject Dec 23, 2004, 11:08 ZigZang

Now how about a mod where, when I pick up something with the gravity gun, it becomes transparent, so I can actually AIM?

It's interesting, I feel the same way, yet I also thought that it was an interesting play-balanceing tactic as larger and potentially more deadly items that you might pick up would have a slight downside to them in terms of reduced visibility and navigation compared to smaller and less deadly items. It's like using a large console as a shield, you shouldn't be able to see very well around it and certainly not through it, as IMO it detracts from the immersion of the situation.

ZigZang

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: No subject Dec 21, 2004, 11:54 ZigZang

I think we have the next super hero/villan story right here . . . CellPhoneMan, the result of a horrible cell phone mutation gone awry. Able to call anyone anywhere just by thinking of them. By the way, I've already copywrited this idea so everyone BACK OFF!!  
ZigZang

38. Anarchy Online Dec 20, 2004, 16:50 ZigZang

I realize most of you who play MMORPGs are long past Anarchy Online and are playing WoW now, but I've never been willing to fork out the $$ to play a persistant game. With the "classic" version of AO free for 1 year, I tried it out over the weekend. As Sam-I-am's friend would say, "I do so love green eggs and ham. I do, I do, I love them, Sam-I-am". Or something like that.

Graphically its dated for sure and from what I can tell playwise its from the Everquest school, but damn if I'm not having fun playing. It's as complex (if not much more complex)than Morrowind, but in just about 6-8 hours I've learned basically how to get around and leveled 6-7 times. Good fun. If you've ever wanted to check a game like this out, this is a great opportunity.

ZigZang

News Comments > Brothers In Arms Subtitle
7. Re: And the dumb . . . Dec 17, 2004, 12:57 ZigZang

Just for fun . . .

Half Life 2 subtitles:

HL2: Road to city 17

HL2: Road to Nova prospect and back again

HL2: The Return of the Freeman & the G-man

HL2: Gordon and Alyx - A sci-fi horror love story

HL2: Resolution None

and on and on.

ZigZang

News Comments > Brothers In Arms Subtitle
6. Re: And the dumb . . . Dec 17, 2004, 12:47 ZigZang

STILL better than "Baker's Dozen"...

I don't know, Baker's Dozen is terrible, but at least it kinda means something. Road to Hill 30? I kinda consider myself somewhat read when it comes to WWII and I have no idea what that means. What was that Vietnam movie. . . . Hamburger Hill? At least that provides some color or helps set expectations a bit. I don't know, I may be a little crabby today as I nurse my company xmas party hangover.

Half life 2 didn't need a subtitle (and frankly I don't think any subtitle would have helped sell the game any more).

This comment was edited on Dec 17, 12:52.

ZigZang

903 Comments. 46 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo