User information for Michael Scott

Real Name
Michael Scott
Nickname
Rseman
Email
Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Aussie game freak. Like most game genres, especially fps.
Homepage
None given.
Signed On
February 19, 2000
Supporter
-
Total Posts
709 (Apprentice)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

709 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 8.
Newer [  1    3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18    36  ] Older

Re:
Jan 14, 2007, 14:01
Re: Jan 14, 2007, 14:01
Jan 14, 2007, 14:01

I don't give a damn whether tweaker posts here or not.... I can scroll past anything with the best of them. However, you could scroll down the main page and see a post for almost every article on some days. And we're not talking on topic, sensible or written. We're talking bits and pieces of cut & paste, hence his version of genocide as Jery calls it;P

Even here it's not really on topic. Saints Row part, sure.... and after that it goes down fast. Then again, lots of people here, me included, skip so far off topic at times we can make his efforts look pretty good.

I tend to agree he's probably spamming for his signature site. I also consider other possibilities, so haven't weighed in on the opinions about his posts before now. Blues site, Blues call... and if Blue decides to Ban the posts, I'm cool with that. I'm also not going to go slash my wrists if he doesn't. For the rest of us, I think just cruise past his posts. It's not like they take up a lot of space.

Re:
Jan 9, 2007, 16:15
Re: Jan 9, 2007, 16:15
Jan 9, 2007, 16:15

Does that mean you'll have to console yourself after wondering....

Re:
Jan 9, 2007, 13:42
Re: Jan 9, 2007, 13:42
Jan 9, 2007, 13:42

Well, I've hoped that would be the case....

Then again, someone else here on these boards has mentioned trouble with getting your LIVE stuff again. Always sounded a bit odd to me, as I'd assumed it would be attached to your tag, too.... Then again, I also assumed Microsoft would have semi intelligent customer support staff and god knows I was seriously wrong there;P

I do hope your right.

Re:
Jan 9, 2007, 11:53
Re: Jan 9, 2007, 11:53
Jan 9, 2007, 11:53

Some of the games in Messenger I think should be able to play against people using Live. Bankshot Billiards for one would be certainly fun.

Uno and the other two games mentioned don't excite me any, but I'd like to see some cross platforming with it on games that suit.

However, it would be fun.... would make some sense and therefore, won't happen.

Re:
Jan 9, 2007, 06:16
Re: Jan 9, 2007, 06:16
Jan 9, 2007, 06:16

I still prefer our 360 over the Wii... but I think Wii has a lot of potential, too and when I play it I love it. Damn thing should come with a laugh-o-meter!...

But getting back to my much loved 360 which, having survived our kids and 8th month in our home, decided to die when I felt the urge for a blast around the ring in PGR3. On the weekend I contacted XBOX support..... after listening to many options, following the prompts, I was told they're closed.

Idea 1) State your hours of business before making me jump through hoops you idiots.

Called again today..... and it got worse. I explain that our 360 no longer starts, no longer runs, no longer works and if it wasn't too friggin' obvious already, no longer plays games.... and what's the first thing idiot on the other end says?... Nope.... not 'do you want fries with that'.... McDonalds wouldn't have given anyone that stupid a job. Asks me to start my 360 so we can see if clearing the cache fixes it.... It doesn't start I tell her.... no spinning globe on the screen... nada, nothing. Are you sure she asks me.... Right about now, I'm starting to understand violence against Customer Support people.

I've worked with some of the dumbest people ever to inhabit this planet.... and yet, Microsoft found their leader and gave them a a job dealing with potentially annoyed customers. Well done.

Now I have to return it, wait for it to be replaced and hope I don't have to deal with anyone even remotely related to the idiot that assisted? me today when it comes to get all the shit I'd purchased through 'LIVE' back.

Nobody could dislike Sony more than I do.... but Microsoft are fighting them for that spot in my heart;P

Oh, our Wii still works and the television aint broke and the missus aint bruised and the ceiling fans are not raining down blood from severed limbs. Kudos to Nintendo.

Re:
Jan 5, 2007, 13:04
Re: Jan 5, 2007, 13:04
Jan 5, 2007, 13:04

I've been fairly pleased with our 360.... but the sonofabitch died about an hour ago. It's moments like these I'm typically pleased about having taken extended warranties..... however, it's died within normal warranty, so not pleasing me at all;P

Re:
Jan 3, 2007, 03:13
Re: Jan 3, 2007, 03:13
Jan 3, 2007, 03:13

It's easy enough to see Nintendo's thinking with the Wii name..... but it's a name fraught with danger;P

I'm home playing with my Wii gives many people a visual that has nothing to do with videogames. Walking into your local EB and telling the sales clerk you need a Wii....

Even Toyota thought better of calling their first car to be sold in the US a 'Toylolet'.... Maybe them and Nintendo should get together;P

Re:
Dec 24, 2006, 11:08
Re: Dec 24, 2006, 11:08
Dec 24, 2006, 11:08

Well, one thing is certain..... you can get a Wii no problem here in Australia. Even cheaper now than they were;P

Loving our Wii even more with the Forecast Channel. Our youngest loves spinning the world around and seeing who has what weather. I'd prefer to spin it around and fling a few million people off it, but I suppose I'm asking too much from Nintendo there.

Internet is cool, but needs work.... not being able to cache more than a few seconds of video sucks when you have a less than stellar connection to a site. Oh, and they should get the Opera people to make the controls Auto-Hide like with Windows Taskbar. That would be so much better.

Re:
Dec 22, 2006, 23:10
Re: Dec 22, 2006, 23:10
Dec 22, 2006, 23:10

Took a few times to get the browser, but it's a cool way to use have a play around the web. I like the no keyboard and just the remote, myself.

Watched a video on YouTube and that's probably the only obvious flaw I'm spotting so far. You select full screen and can't lose the base controls, so you don't really benefit any.

However, part of the reason for my post is I'm hoping to be wrong and missing something which will be pointed out here;P

Can't see why MS doesn't offer internet for the 360. I'd much rather have it through our 360 than that stupid media center I pissed away so much money on.

Re:
Dec 22, 2006, 00:40
Re: Dec 22, 2006, 00:40
Dec 22, 2006, 00:40

I thought it was quite fun and enjoyed it. Those gattling gun guys were hard but you had those gas canisters to slow time or to screw them over.

Did look too similar to HL2. Whilst that was in some ways good and some ways very good, I don't think starting the game around docklands where HL2's best effect (water) was so prevalent helped move their game any from HL2. The combat was fun.

But, yeah, not enough weapons for sure.... and if the episodes were going to be so long apart, they needed to be much longer episodes.

Overall, I still liked it.

Now Valve and Ep2.... I don't mind them packing in extra shit with it, but that's holding the main game back and the price up. I don't want TF2.... Not that sure about Portal, but I'd at least want the choice to pay for it separately....

Wii and 360 are getting most of our money these days.... I was liking the way Steam looked to be going, but I'm no longer so sure.

No subject
Dec 19, 2006, 18:50
No subject Dec 19, 2006, 18:50
Dec 19, 2006, 18:50

"Will have to post on Nintendo forums and request more areas."

Most importantly, remember to point out how inaccurate weather reports caused you to dress a little heavy and thus, you overbalanced on a powerserve and took out your recently purchased HDTV with the Wiimote, your fist and the first 7.76" of your right forearm.

Re:
Dec 18, 2006, 07:16
Re: Dec 18, 2006, 07:16
Dec 18, 2006, 07:16

Id, Splash Damage and god knows he'd be in on the lie, too.... John Carmack all claim that Carmack came up with Megatexture...

However, I'll expect a retraction from all the above now you've let the truth out;P

Having read this thread and the offical pdf... I don't see anywhere it's mentioned which engine they intend to use. I'd bet Riley is on the money with it being based on the Quake 3 with Ritual's Uber enhancements. Like it says above, DooM is the only 'known' id tech not available under the GPL and, therefore, it's probably the least likely engine to get used.

Re:
Dec 18, 2006, 05:00
Re: Dec 18, 2006, 05:00
Dec 18, 2006, 05:00

No sudden movements required with the Wiimote. The main problems I've seen people have with it is the false expectation of needing to make fast, forced, deliberate movements.

Since the introduction of the laser mouse and no more mouseball and these half assed glide pad feet on them, I'd expend far more physical effort on moving it than a Wiimote.

On this PC I have mouse pointer acceleration on full... barely move my hand, the mouse goes where I want it. Wii gives the levels of adjustment.

Re:
Dec 17, 2006, 03:23
Re: Dec 17, 2006, 03:23
Dec 17, 2006, 03:23

Firstly....

Arcades with Swords, Uzi's and Lightguns are not just Tokyo. I've played on them plenty here in Australia, too.

Secondly....

We have Wii and 360 and if it were just for me, I'd take the 360 anyday over the Wii. The rest of the family feels somewhat differently;P
Still, you get the hang of that Wiimote and you can use it accurately and fast. I've been playing FPS games forever with mouse and keyboard, but I can use the Wiimote not a lot slower, if any. That's not to suggest I'm in favor of FPS games for the Wii. I'm not. I'm not a huge fan of the system. But I wouldn't doubt it's potential in the genre were it done well. It depends on what you're prepared to get used to and no small amount on your hand eye coordination. I wouldn't write the system off just yet.

If you allow yourself to play with the Wii, you might find you'll develop a different opinion. I've had as much fun playing Wii Tennis with my family as I've had playing anything, ever... and the graphics are crap!... The fun is very real.
My fave console game is PGR3 and the graphics are hugely important. I'm never going to be able to afford half the cars in it, so I want the illusion of driving them as real as I can get. Games like these are where the Wii stands no chance and if that's your thing, you end up like us and have the Wii and something else.

Re:
Dec 13, 2006, 06:42
Re: Dec 13, 2006, 06:42
Dec 13, 2006, 06:42

Using the Wii remote becomes second nature pretty quick... I'd defy anyone to use a 360 controller and the Live Keyboard to enter anything faster than you can do with the Wii. I've seen a few people picks ours up and they go for these huge movements which are not required and send the hand cursor all over the place.

As for why news, weather and internet. We can use the parental controls, I'm assuming, and limit what our kids do. It's a simpler, cheaper, fun, more accessible means for very young kids to have a play on the internet. Checking the weather is no biggie when you're an adult, but when you're 4.....It was a selling point for us, so I've been a bit anxious to see it enabled.

Re:
Dec 13, 2006, 00:11
Re: Dec 13, 2006, 00:11
Dec 13, 2006, 00:11

I assume this will finally give us the weather and news, too.... I hope.

Re:
Dec 12, 2006, 12:39
Re: Dec 12, 2006, 12:39
Dec 12, 2006, 12:39

When using the Wii I forego all concern for how stupid I may look..... as far as I'm concerned, that wand IS a Tennis Raquet. I suffered hard the next day.

Still, I never bothered with the wrist strap because it seems to me that the secret to not dropping it is to remember not to let it go. Our TV still works and nobody required the services of the local ER.

Your kids will probably let it go because they have smaller hands, smaller attention spans and have at it with abandon. Only way I see people smashing their screens is standing too close or not paying enough attention. Nintendo can hardly be expected to ship you a brain with the Wii.... although that would be handy for some.

Smacking someone walking up behind you, however, is very simple. Been there, done that, got the postcard.... and still say it was their own fault.

Re:
Dec 11, 2006, 10:50
Re: Dec 11, 2006, 10:50
Dec 11, 2006, 10:50

I think an area where the Wii falls short is, once you get outside of games where the controller is suitable, the 360 kicks the shit out of it. I mention 360 as we have the 360 and Wii and my opinion of Sony is low enough that a Playstation has even less chance than anything EA published making it into this house.

Where Wii is good, it's amazingly good. But outside of titles where that controller shines, I can't see anything it has over it's competitors other than price.... which is a big factor to be sure.

Re:
Dec 10, 2006, 14:28
Re: Dec 10, 2006, 14:28
Dec 10, 2006, 14:28

I think Nintendo will need all the money they can make. In developing the Wii replacement, I'd think they'd want and need to match the others and won't have the novelty advantage next time.

We have the Wii and 360 here and, no matter what, Wii is the hands down winner for family fun... and muscle pain. It also attracts people who don't normally play to at least try and they typically love it, too.

However, I wouldn't mind betting Microsoft is looking at some way to add this to the 360. The 360 lacks any really good kids or family type games. Still, if they could pull a controller system like Nintendo's out of their ass and use Live to feed out graphically less intensive type sports games. I think they'd be on a winner and it would be a fairly cost effective solution for them.

I love our Wii and the funtimes it's given us so far, but take out the fun factor of the control scheme and Golden Axe and it doesn't do a lot for me personally.

Re:
Dec 9, 2006, 13:06
Re: Dec 9, 2006, 13:06
Dec 9, 2006, 13:06

We got our Wii the night it was released here. Took it home and connected it up and onto the internet. Setup is a breeze. It's even easier than the 360.

The next day we all played Tennis.... and haven't been in any physical condition to touch it since;P

It's huge fun for all.

Not sure about sales figures here in Australia, but where we got ours, it's now cheaper and they have them in stock.

709 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 8.
Newer [  1    3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18    36  ] Older