Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Keith

Real Name Keith   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 22, 2006, 00:48
Total Comments 303 (Amateur)
User ID 31737

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > Firefall Open Beta in July; Signups Begin
11. Re: Firefall Open Beta in July; Signups Begin Apr 18, 2013, 20:58 Keith

It's first-person, not third-person. Right now it's pretty solid and mostly stable; occasional screen resets and weird logging-out then logging right back in occur, at least for me. The gameplay is typical FPS style, with different classes. Right now the crafting system is being revamped; which is good because it blows as it is now.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battle for Graxia Launching Soon
1. Re: Battle for Graxia Launching Soon Apr 14, 2013, 21:29 Keith

Sweet! Another MOBA! Oh, wait...  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - ShootMania: Storm
8. Re: Ships Ahoy - ShootMania: Storm Apr 10, 2013, 17:21 Keith

Actually the part about creating your own or using other people's mods looks pretty good. Apparently the mods or add-ons are added to the main game, so everyone has them and can use them. Too bad Ubi's hands are in this. I would have tried it if Ubi wasn't involved. With luck, Ubi will learn the buggy games with draconian DRM schemes are bad for business. Doesn't look like this has the DRM and I still don't trust them.  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic 2.0 Live; Rise of the Hutt Cartel Early Access Begins
7. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic 2.0 Live; Rise of the Hutt Cartel Early Access Begins Apr 9, 2013, 17:15 Keith

After trying this and several other "next-gen" MMOs that used alternative leveling strategies (e.g. skill points vs. ding!levels), I have come to the conclusion that those alternative strategies blow. I would love a good Star Wars MMO. This one wasn't it. I keep getting these emails about "we added this!" or "get a free that!" from SW:TOR, but I just can't be bothered because the core gameplay is so crappy. Give me a level 39 Transdoshan Bounty Hunter and I'm in! 65 skill points to distribute as I want so I can have a "good at nothing and no fun to play" vanilla healer-tank-ranged and I'm meh.  

News Comments > Worlds of Magic Kickstarter
11. Re: Worlds of Magic Kickstarter Apr 3, 2013, 19:17 Keith

I'm in. Looks pretty basic at this point, but I really like the idea.  

News Comments > LucasArts Closed
66. Re: LucasArts Closed Apr 3, 2013, 18:54 Keith

It's easy to be sympathetic to anyone losing their job. It's harder to be sympathetic to a company that released supposedly triple-A titles that were bug-ridden messes.

In truth I don't think this will be any big-whoop for those who liked the earlier LucasArts games. Disney still holds the licensing, and would probably be hard pressed to give them to a company who could screw them up as badly as LA did.

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Payment Concerns
6. Re: MechWarrior Online Payment Concerns Mar 30, 2013, 20:30 Keith

They have made some good improvements, but I think MWO has a ways to go before it is ready for prime time. I'm still hoping they get things improved; I really want a good 'mech game.  

News Comments > Dawn of Fantasy Dawns Next Week
5. Re: Dawn of Fantasy Dawns Next Week Mar 27, 2013, 22:46 Keith

My understanding after reading several posts in the Dawn of Fantasy forum is that the game is largely single player, with a PvP element that you can choose to engage in. I will probably try it when it goes free to play. Or maybe when a demo is released.  

News Comments > Guns of Icarus Online Adventure Mode Kickstarter
1. Re: Guns of Icarus Online Adventure Mode Kickstarter Mar 26, 2013, 21:17 Keith

This looked really cool. I was less thrilled about the PvP only aspects, especially since everything I read indicated you needed a whole team to function properly. Since every team game I've ever played had too many idiots, I just passed on this one. Hopefully this will pan out so I can give it a PvE try.  

News Comments > Knights of Pen & Paper +1 Edition Announced
6. Re: Knights of Pen & Paper +1 Edition Announced Mar 26, 2013, 15:17 Keith

The gameplay looks kind of cool; like you are sitting around a table back in the day. I will also have to add my vote to the "too bad about the graphics" list. I don't necerssarily think graphics are the be-all and end-all, but jesus, 8-bit sucked even when it was all there was. Why would you go back?  

News Comments > Marvel Heroes in June
6. Re: Marvel Heroes in June Mar 25, 2013, 19:58 Keith

I was looking forward to this until I watched some gameplay videos. Looks less like a traditional MMO and more Diablo-esque. While I liked Diablo, it was hard for me to stick with it for too long. Got repetetive fast and the basic isometric gameplay just killed any sense of immersion. Too bad as I was looking forward to, ah, adventuring with the Black Widow.....  

News Comments > Magic 2014 - Duels of the Planeswalkers Announced
4. Re: Magic 2014 - Duels of the Planeswalkers Announced Mar 21, 2013, 21:11 Keith

Would be nice if they amped up the single player experience too. Something along the lines of the Microprose game, where you conquered the world map, gained province bonuses and the like. Admittedly the computer AI just isn't up to human standards, but it was still fun. The limited availability of cards in this iteration of Duels is what keeps it from being my go-to Magic game. Magic: Online is solid, but a horrible interface, even with the new-new version.  

News Comments > Giant Aliens: Colonial Marines Patch
10. Re: Giant Aliens: Colonial Marines Patch Mar 18, 2013, 23:39 Keith

Yosemite Sam wrote on Mar 18, 2013, 22:44:
Wonder if Gearbox sent Maxis a thank you card?

Awesome! +1 rep for you, good sir!

News Comments > Giant Aliens: Colonial Marines Patch
1. Re: Giant Aliens: Colonial Marines Patch Mar 18, 2013, 21:15 Keith

I'll probabably get to try this patch out when the price of A:CM drops to $5 in the Steam Christmas sale.

Too little, too late.

News Comments > Final Defiance Beta Event Next Week
5. Re: Final Defiance Beta Event Next Week Mar 14, 2013, 19:37 Keith

Screw third-person. In addition to not liking 3rd person, it basically screams "console port".  

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Mar 14, 2013, 00:05 Keith

I don't think they'd even be able to give those crappy Game of Thrones games away.  

News Comments > Dogs of War Online Announced
1. Re: Dogs of War Online Announced Mar 7, 2013, 23:26 Keith

The Confrontation game seems pretty damned cool. I don't think many sit down for good old fashioned tabletop stuff anymore, so I like to see these conversions to PC. I am looking forward to seeing more of this as it progresses.  

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Patch Adds Offline Testing Grounds
1. Re: MechWarrior Online Patch Adds Offline Testing Grounds Mar 5, 2013, 21:13 Keith

The offline mode should be a huge help. MWO has been getting better and better each update. Really would like to see some changes for weapons grouping (in the mechlab) and some destructible environment features (ala World of Tanks; trees, fences, etc.). I also am not a big fan of some of the hardpoint options on some of the mechs. I'd really like to have a LRM on each shoulder and large pulse lasers on each arm of my Stalker, plus heat sinks and ammo to support them. With the current hardpoint system, I end up with the layout of weapons being weird. Even if it's mostly cosmetic, I'd like to see either adjustable hardpoints or more custom configuration options.  

News Comments > TimeGate Layoffs
8. Re: TimeGate Layoffs Mar 5, 2013, 00:25 Keith

First, I think Randy's comment was spot-on. I can probably decide in less than 2 seconds if I would have sex with a woman or not.

Second, I really liked Timegate's other projects, the Kohan series and Section 8. It's a shame that they have to lay people off. Always bad new. Considering the mess that is Aliens, it's hard to be too sympathetic to any company that attached their shingle to that POS.

News Comments > Petroglyph's Victory Revealed
9. Re: Petroglyph's Victory Revealed Feb 26, 2013, 19:39 Keith

Petroglyph's track record with me has been less than stellar. First was the mediocre, Empire At War. If it hadn't been for the Star Wars license, this dog wouldn't have made it out the kennel. Second was Universe At War. Another barker that received some pretty impessive hype before launch and then got dropped like a hot potato once the release came out. Third, Battle for Graxia; a lot of wanna-be and just a smidgen of "meh" equals another pound puppy. I would love to see a golden hit for these guys. Even those droppers I mentioned had some excellent ideas. They just couldn't be brought to fruition. Even worse, they didn't receive much after release support. In and of itself, that makes me reluctant to give them another shot.  

303 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo