Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Keith

Real Name Keith   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On December 22, 2006
Supporter -
Total Comments 326 (Amateur)
User ID 31737

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > Perpetuum Online Launch Plans

2. Re: Perpetuum Online Launch Plans Nov 9, 2010, 16:04 Keith

I got the beta invite and gave it a whirl for an hour or so. You start off with a cool looking little spider-'mech type thing with a shoulder mounted gun. Missions (aka quests) are "go here, kill this" style. Graphics were fine, gameplay was smooth. Not sure how much content there is, how leveling works, etc., but first impression was good.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Sale

5. Re: On Sale Oct 2, 2010, 20:50 Keith

I-76 was awesome back when. I was going to pick it up, but one of the GOG'ers reviewed and said it was buggy. Anyone have it and know if it works with Win 7?  

News Comments > On Sale

1. Re: On Sale Sep 23, 2010, 00:01 Keith

Picked up Warfare on D2D. It's only $6 and it has some pretty solid user reviews.
I can also recommend Borderlands. In addition to being a good FPS, it's got some minimal character development and some funny cut-scenes/chatter. Made me laugh more than once.

News Comments > R.U.S.E. Preloads

1. Re: R.U.S.E. Preloads Sep 2, 2010, 23:52 Keith

I tried the first demo and didn't care for it much. I tried the updated demo and it was way, way, better. Fun, even. So I'll give them a couple of kudos- first, for listening to the feedback and making positive improvements to the game. Second, to listening to the feedback and opting to not use the draconian Ubi-protection scheme. I move this up 3 notches from "um, don't think so", to "I will give it a try".  

News Comments > Battlezone II Patch

1. Re: Battlezone II Patch Aug 30, 2010, 22:00 Keith

A great game. Nathan and company deserve a fair bit of kudos for supporting it for so long. Still fun to play! Wish it'd turn up on GOG.com though. My CD is getting awfully long in the tooth (hint, hint, nudge, nudge).  

News Comments > Gold - Elemental: War of Magic

2. Re: Gold - Elemental: War of Magic Aug 13, 2010, 21:46 Keith

I was hoping for a new Age of Wonders. The screenshots make it look like a Galactic Civ-on-land. Anyone in the beta who can comment?  

News Comments > StarCraft II Sales Estimates

7. Re: StarCraft II Sales Estimates Jul 28, 2010, 21:39 Keith

@Tumbler- incoming!  

4. Re: StarCraft II Sales Estimates Jul 28, 2010, 21:30 Keith

Got an email Tumbler? Theboxed game comes with a few. More than happy to share.  

3. Re: StarCraft II Sales Estimates Jul 28, 2010, 21:28 Keith

Fair enough. Have played it for several hours so far. Haven't tried multiplayer as it's not my thing, but the single player campaign is nice. Skirmish is pretty good, too. Even the Lost Viking arcade game is pretty good. I wish I had been half this impressed with Supreme Commander 2.  

News Comments > Paradox Sale

2. Re: Paradox Sale Jul 21, 2010, 23:34 Keith

Any of them worth a damn?  

News Comments > Impulse Top 10

1. Re: Impulse Top 10 Jul 20, 2010, 00:02 Keith

Anyone who is in the beta for Elemental that can compare it to Age of Wonders 2/ Shadow Magic? I really liked Age of Wonders 2 and am looking for an updated replacement.  

News Comments > R.U.S.E. Free This Weekend

6. Re: R.U.S.E. Free This Weekend Jul 14, 2010, 00:51 Keith

As far as I could tell, there was no DRM on the beta through Steam. I didn't do any testing though.  

News Comments > R.U.S.E. Free This Weekend

1. Re: R.U.S.E. Free This Weekend Jul 13, 2010, 20:07 Keith

Was really looking forward to this. Concept is cool. Reality didn't match up though. Add in the freakishly prohibitive Ubisoft "protection" and you've got yourself a no-sale here.  

News Comments > Command & Conquer Sale

5. Re: Command & Conquer Sale Jun 16, 2010, 21:31 Keith

Too bad they are still not worth it.  

News Comments > Elemental Beta 2 Begins

3. Re: Elemental Beta 2 Begins Jun 13, 2010, 00:27 Keith

I thought the Age of Wonders series was really well done. Also looking forward to Disciples 3. Elemental looks good. I have had a rash of bad luck with pre-orders lately, so I'm going to hold off until reviews or a demo.  

News Comments > On Sale

3. Re: On Sale May 28, 2010, 22:32 Keith

2 words: Kohan Bundle.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Legio

7. Re: Ships Ahoy - Legio May 25, 2010, 19:39 Keith

Any feedback on the game? I really liked Archon when I was young, and this seems like a chip off the ol' block.  

News Comments > AI War Patched

1. Re: AI War Patched May 24, 2010, 21:34 Keith

This game sounds cool but I just can't seem to get into it. Does it get better past the demo?  

News Comments > Ubisoft's Nature RTS Game

4. Re: Ubisoft's Nature RTS Game May 21, 2010, 00:12 Keith

Sounds kind of like Spore to me.  

News Comments > On Sale

4. Re: On Sale May 19, 2010, 00:14 Keith

I tried hard to like Universe at War. Just couldn't do it. Too much wonky, not enough fun.
Demigod has no single-player campaign worth mentioning. It has a ladder-type set-up, but it's really just skirmish. The AI is decent though, so if single-player is your thing (I prefer it) then Demigod is a good value at $10. I bought it on release and haven't felt cheated. Would like to see a more fleshed out single player campaign expansion pack, but haven't seen any news on it.
On a final note, I had hoped that a patch may have fixed the obvious problems with Stormrise, especially the camera/AI. No dice. Not even worth the $8 without a decent patch.

326 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >