Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Keith

Real Name Keith   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On December 22, 2006
Supporter -
Total Comments 326 (Amateur)
User ID 31737

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale

1. Re: On Sale Jun 30, 2012, 23:17 Keith

I liked Earth 2160. Couldn't find any details on the "2012" version for sale on the TopWare site. Given their usual releases though, I'm willing to be it's just an updated DirectX or some such. Anyone find or know anything solid?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - PC Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

14. Re: Ships Ahoy - PC Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Jun 26, 2012, 23:20 Keith

I thought the graphics were pretty good. It's almost everything else that dissapointed me. The game has a severe case of "consolitis", in my opinion. One of those where each menu is made for an "X" button and such. Even playing isn't smooth with the mouse and keyboard for me. I suppose a patch at some point will address it. Maybe. Ubi's track record for patches hasn't been all that good for me. At least the draconian protection scheme wasn't as invasive.  

News Comments > World of Warplanes Trailer

2. Re: World of Warplanes Trailer Jun 23, 2012, 20:54 Keith

I am really looking forward to this title. I had the impression that it was going to be primarily WW2 genre fighters, but Korea & Vietnam era are pretty cool, too. Now if they'd just give me my beta key I'd be all set....  

News Comments > Final Secret World Beta Weekend

2. Re: Final Secret World Beta Weekend Jun 19, 2012, 23:31 Keith

I've got a buddy that has been playing the beta and really seems to enjoy it. I don't particularly care for the skill system as it's been explained to me (no levels, points in this or that skill tree), but the theme of the game sound interesting. I'd like to see a lot more Anarchy Online-ish and a lot less Conan-ish.  

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Founders Packages on Sale

10. Re: MechWarrior Online Founders Packages on Sale Jun 19, 2012, 22:20 Keith

While it is certainly more expensive than I would like, I can't say I am surprised or dissapointed. Every game has to have a business model. That's how they pay for development, upkeep, continued support, etc., etc. Why would that surprise anyone? I see this compared to World of Tanks, a game that I have happily sunk money and time into. If you like tanks and shooting others while driving them, it has a visceral feel that is second to none, in my opinion. While I probably won't be shellacking out the $120 for all 4 premium 'Mechs, I will probably kick in for the $60 Elite package. Assuming I get a few years worth of play out of MW:O, I figure that's what, less than .20 cents a day? Pshh. Plus I get to stomp shit in my customized Atlas?? Hell yeah.  

News Comments > Command and Conquer Tiberium Alliances Launches

6. Re: Command and Conquer Tiberium Alliances Launches May 24, 2012, 23:52 Keith

*sigh* Another CnC game that sucks balls. To add insult to injury, there wasn't even anything for me to delete. That usually makes me feel better when I find I am playing a turd.  

News Comments > New Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Beta & Trailer

2. Re: New Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Beta & Trailer May 16, 2012, 21:57 Keith

What other game was like SoaSE? I haven't heard of a single one. This is on my "must-buy" short list, so any like it would warrant a look from me.  

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Video Blowout

8. Re: MechWarrior Online Video Blowout May 10, 2012, 00:14 Keith

Looks great. They're going to be getting some of my $$$, for sure.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Warlock - Master of the Arcane

20. Re: Ships Ahoy - Warlock - Master of the Arcane May 8, 2012, 21:20 Keith

I really liked the Age of Wonders series and this looked to be a similar title. So I tried the demo on Steam. I played through the demo and towards the end of conquering the map, I realized I just wasn't having fun. Some of the ideas were pretty cool, like the city-defense towers, but the combat was extremely basic and the city building was just a turn grind. Pass on this one for me.  

News Comments > World of Tanks Patched

3. Re: World of Tanks Patched May 8, 2012, 13:03 Keith

I heartily recommend WoT. Although it can be tedious to "earn" upgrades without paying, I really like the basic game. I am hoping the new MechWarrior franchise takes a cue and makes the visceral feel similar; smashing trees, the whine of the engine, the roll of the treads, the feeling as a round smashes through an enemies armor. Good stuff.  

News Comments > On Sale

2. Re: On Sale May 4, 2012, 23:50 Keith

I was just looking at Orion on Steam. There seem to be some pretty significant bugs in the game now, and quite a bit of background story on stolen assests, fired team members, etc. Lots of drama, in my opinion. At this point, I'm not plocking down my $9.  

News Comments > Gratuitous Tank Battles Beta Patch

1. Re: Gratuitous Tank Battles Beta Patch Mar 25, 2012, 23:44 Keith

I really liked Gratuitous Space Battles and this looks to be similar plus some cool added features. It has made my "must buy" list.  

News Comments > gamigo Breached

1. Re: gamigo Breached Mar 3, 2012, 12:37 Keith

I received an email from Gamigo the day before yesterday asking me to reset my password. I haven't bothered as I have yet to find a game of theirs worth a damn. I think I tried Black Prophecy some months back, found it was no fun and bug-ridden. Promptly uninstalled it.  

News Comments > World of Tanks Patched

3. Re: World of Tanks Patched Dec 20, 2011, 13:45 Keith

I've really been getting my money's worth out of WoT. There are some frustrating aspects, like fellow players who seem to be asleep at the wheel, but overall great fun. Very visceral experience. Plus it's free to play. The first tiem I tried it I was kind of "meh". But after giving it a second chance, I've been hooked.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon

1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon Dec 14, 2011, 22:22 Keith

Got to be honest.... I think this looks pretty damned cool. A chance to blow up giant bugs? I am there! And 25% isn't all too bad either. If it sucks, at least I'm only out $15.  

News Comments > The Old Republic Early Access Begins

3. Re: The Old Republic Early Access Begins Dec 13, 2011, 11:15 Keith

The rolling entrance makes sense to me. Every MMO I've played with early access or day 1 access has been a hirrible experience. Everyone logging in about the same time, crashing and flooding the servers, intense lag in all the newbie zones, etc., etc. Sure, I'm special and I'd like to give it a whirl now, but I'm ok with hoping I get a better experience out of this method.  

News Comments > Panzer Corps Demo

3. Re: Panzer Corps Demo Nov 22, 2011, 20:41 Keith

Got the full game on sale from the Sliterine store for $20. Even the DLC looks to be 50% off (they are $5 each). All in all should be quite some bang for the buck. I didn't play all too much just yet, but the tutorial made the core concepts easy to understand.  

News Comments > WWII Online Welcome Back Event

7. Re: WWII Online Welcome Back Event Nov 20, 2011, 03:06 Keith

Really was a decent game after they patcher it post-realease. It is so dated now though, that I am surprised anyone pays to play.  

News Comments > Panzer Corps Demo Next Week

2. Re: Panzer Corps Demo Next Week Nov 16, 2011, 22:34 Keith

Waiting for it to go on sale. Just can't bring myself to schelack out the $40. I know, I know, I'm just being a cheap ass. But still, it is what it is. Shave $10 off it, for the love of God!  

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Trailer

6. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Nov 13, 2011, 21:15 Keith

Wait, it's F2P? Pshh! And how could you not like the video? Admittedly it doesn't show much, but a armored attack helicopter with rocket pods and a low-profide tank with a 150mm cannon? I'm in.  

326 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >