Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Keith

Real Name Keith   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 22, 2006, 00:48
Total Comments 303 (Amateur)
User ID 31737

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Death Star Details
8. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Death Star Details Aug 18, 2016, 17:49 Keith

I haven't played this for a bit but was under the impression they were updating the flight control scheme at some point to make it more compatible with mouse flying (so you move the mouse and your ship orients itself quickly to the new heading, not a delayed drag type move). Has this change been made? Would make this a "must buy" with it and a "not a chance" without it.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Funcom Rebounds
8. Re: Funcom Rebounds May 26, 2016, 16:20 Keith

Too bad. I really thought Anarchy Online was outstanding once the first few months of bugs were worked out. I've always hoped an AO II would be made. Then came that crappy Conan and the even crappier Secret World. Well, at least I have some good memories.  

News Comments > Dreadnought Preorders; Closed Beta This Week
1. Re: Dreadnought Preorders; Closed Beta This Week Apr 27, 2016, 15:54 Keith

This looks pretty damned good. Unfortunately, my experiences with space/large craft games that seem to require a team to function well just haven't been that good. The games themselves seem like they have been pretty well done, it's the retard or non-existent team players that make it die. I wouldn't mind seeing one of these done with a nice lenghty single player component. Well, that and the ability to control things with a mouse and keyboard instead of one of those crappy console controllers or a flight stick.  

News Comments > Battlefleet Gothic: Armada Launch Trailer
10. Re: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada Launch Trailer Apr 21, 2016, 15:30 Keith

Thanks for the heads-up about the right-click for special abilities.

This is not like Gratuitous Battles. It is not really like SFC either.
In the SP scenarios so far, you control 1 ship in one scenario and up to 4 ships in the second scenario. Ships respond in typical RTS fashin, similar to Sins of a Solar Empire (not quite the same, but the closest I can think of atm).

News Comments > Battlefleet Gothic: Armada Launch Trailer
5. Re: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada Launch Trailer Apr 20, 2016, 20:06 Keith

Pre-orders got beta access, including the mp and a small portion of the sp storyline. Graphically it looks good, the story seems decent, and the gameplay was easy to get into. I do have issues with a couple elements: (1) this is one of those games where each unit has different abilities, usually several of them, so in the heat of battle you have to track down an individual icon on the interface to maximize effectiveness. Can't understand why this isn't made more automatic, like being able to tell your AI captains to use torpedoes when they can (e.g. in range, right angle, etc.). (2) The damage models aren't done very well. What I saw was my smaller ships helping my larger ships engage the enemy. Next thing I know, the smaller ships explode due to enemy damage. I couldn't really even tell they were being damaged, and they just explode. No real chance to pull them back or anything. I get that life is cheap in the 40k universe, but damn, Ensign Carter should at least get a chance.  

News Comments > Battlezone 98 Redux Released
15. Re: Battlezone 98 Redux Released Apr 19, 2016, 12:48 Keith

Although I admit the colors seem a litle over-bright, I like the updated features. Adding in Steam community stuff is a plus too. I thought BZ was completely under-rated at the time and I had loads of fun with it, even some of the multiplayer stuff for BZ & BZ II.
Hey, if $20 is too much for you or you don't like it, just don't buy it. Is it an overinflated sense of entitlement, idiot-itis, narcissim, or what that makes someone so bitter?

News Comments > New Ashes of the Singularity Beta & Benchmark
1. Re: New Ashes of the Singularity Beta & Benchmark Feb 25, 2016, 20:25 Keith

Anyone tried this? Reviews on Steam are a bit meh. Need a 2nd opinion. Looking for a TA clone, modernized.  

News Comments > Battlezone Remake Renamed; Coming This Spring
5. Re: Battlezone Remake Renamed; Coming This Spring Feb 16, 2016, 18:41 Keith

Though BZ and BZII were severely under-appreciated. This is at the top of my "must buy" list.  

News Comments > Battlefleet Gothic: Armada Trailer
1. Re: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada Trailer Feb 12, 2016, 23:09 Keith

This looks pretty bad-ass. I'm leery, as other Warhammer products haven't been very good imo, so I'm on the fence about a pre-order while it's on sale and with the bonus content.  

News Comments > TRANSFORMERS: Devastation DLC
1. Re: TRANSFORMERS: Devastation DLC Nov 14, 2015, 15:58 Keith

Hard to believe they sold enough to warrant DLC. Must have been ready to go already. Wish they'd made a decent Transformers game for PC.  

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
4. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Oct 30, 2015, 22:56 Keith

I think the MP portion would be good for added longevity, mods, etc. Plus, the who knows what kind of cool shit could be found on Solaris VII. Bring it on!  

News Comments > Battle Battalions Next Week
1. Re: Battle Battalions Next Week Oct 28, 2015, 12:12 Keith

Looks like a solid phone game. When is it coming out for Android?  

News Comments > Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access
80. Re: Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access Oct 14, 2015, 16:26 Keith

How come all you game development professionals and financial experts haven't made it to the big times yet? Have you figured out where you went wrong? Maybe start a Reddit thread to share your vast experience and knowledge?  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Specs; No Microtransaction Plans
15. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Specs; No Microtransaction Plans Oct 6, 2015, 11:52 Keith

Where are you getting your information? I have placed several DICE games (specifically the other Battlefield games) and liked most of them, especially 2142, Battlefield 4, and 1942. I do think it would be cooler if space combat was in the mix, but I would not be at all surprised if that came as a DLC later on or some such. I also like the single player campaign. I like multiplayer sometimes, but also like being able to bot it out. Seeing as you are skipping this one, I will let you know how it plays out. Oh, and douche check the irony of you saying I'm on the hype train while you are clearly riding the EA hate speed rail.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Specs; No Microtransaction Plans
10. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Specs; No Microtransaction Plans Oct 6, 2015, 11:09 Keith

The game looks good. Odd that previous posters would bitch about EA releasing req system specs. I've been following Battlefront and seems to me EA has released quite a bit of into, including gameplay videos, trailers, classes, NPCs, single & multiplayer info, vehicles, locations, what have you. All this whining despite being able to drive AT-ATs and fly X-Wings. Your EA hate runs strong.  

News Comments > Age of Mythology: Tale of the Dragon Announced
5. Re: Age of Mythology: Tale of the Dragon Announced Sep 20, 2015, 12:35 Keith

Just can't bring myself to even consider buying this. Too late for AoM. HD could only do so much to save a dated engine, and that wasn't enough. I applaud the tenacity, sort of.  

News Comments > First Wonder Trailer
8. Re: First Wonder Trailer Sep 11, 2015, 21:54 Keith

@Nethead: You sound like a total douche.  

News Comments > First Wonder Trailer
2. Re: First Wonder Trailer Sep 11, 2015, 20:47 Keith

I loved Giants: Citizen Kabuto. A real gem that should have done waaaay better in retail. Definitely going to keep this one on my short list.  

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Adding Silence Penalty
9. Re: Heroes of the Storm Adding Silence Penalty Sep 8, 2015, 12:17 Keith

Keep it up bro.. you'll be silenced again!!

That scare anyone?

News Comments > World of Warships This Month
3. Re: World of Warships This Month Sep 3, 2015, 12:15 Keith

I tried Navy Field and didn't care for it. Just didn't grab me. Dropped in to WoWS for a few and have been enjoying it immensely for the past few days. Good stuff. Very satisfying to torp others or watch their ammo mags blow up.

Navy Field 2, I meant. On Steam.

303 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo