Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for LOC

Real Name LOC   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname LOC
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.neowin.net
Signed On Oct 16, 2006, 19:42
Total Comments 174 (Novice)
User ID 30418

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

News Comments > Dungeon Souls Launches
3. Re: Dungeon Souls Launches Dec 4, 2016, 14:58 LOC

Desalus wrote on Dec 4, 2016, 00:38:
Fion wrote on Dec 3, 2016, 13:53:
Is this is a Soulsborne game or just coincidence?

As far as I'm aware it has absolutely no connection. I don't think it's a coincidence either because it's an obvious attempt to cash in on popularity of the 'Souls' name.

Actually it has more to do with the mechanics of the game. Where you are a "soul" that gets resurrected to battle in dungeons etc and as you get more points/level up etc you unlock more classes/souls to use.

Nothing to do with the Souls games though, the naming convention is just a coincidence imo.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Redux Mod
5. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Redux Mod Sep 20, 2016, 01:05 LOC

If I ever get friends who say consoles are better than PC (I hate that argument, but eh whatever) I'll just show them this so they drool for the PS4 Pro and Scorpio (if they could even handle this sort of mod).

Looks stunning to be honest. Amazing work.

News Comments > Gears of War 4 Launch Trailer
12. Re: Gears of War 4 Launch Trailer Sep 19, 2016, 19:47 LOC

So there's cross platform co-op right, but not cross platform competitive still? Cuz you know, controllers suck against PC I guess?  

News Comments > Resident Evil 7 Trailer
5. Re: Resident Evil 7 Trailer Sep 15, 2016, 12:13 LOC

Personally, I'm getting an old school Texas Chainsaw Massacre kinda vibe outta this so far. Which is pretty neato if you ask me. I mean, I hope they don't get rid of the virus or whatever it was from 4-6 completely either, but going this route might be the best idea Capcom has had in awhile for RE.  

News Comments > Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition World Tour
12. Re: Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition World Tour Sep 3, 2016, 15:12 LOC

wtf_man wrote on Sep 3, 2016, 13:51:
Other than the extra Episode levels... I don't think this is any different than the Megaton Edition... which I already have.

Unless that "True3D" mode somehow looks better.

It does look better, but looking better for a 1996 game on the build engine is subjective I'd say. Yes they smooth the hell out of the textures and it runs at a rock solid frame rate and they cleaned up the lighting a bit and shadows look better as well. But there's only so much you can do really. I mean its just a glorified source port-style mod that makes it look better for the most part (not a mod but you get my point).

News Comments > Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Multiplayer Trailer
2. Re: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Multiplayer Trailer Sep 2, 2016, 22:47 LOC

I'm going to be actually disappointed if none of the MP maps take place in space or have zero dog fighting anything for MP. Like, I'll actually be disappointed in a CoD game lol

Also, sweet mix of the Prodigy song to go with the action.

News Comments > Another LawBreakers Vanguard Video
3. Re: Another LawBreakers Vanguard Video Aug 10, 2016, 02:07 LOC

SlimRam wrote on Aug 9, 2016, 21:56:
Ummmm...why does EVERY video of EVERY "different class" of player ALWAYS show them flying through the air and fighting? And WHY would you WANT be one of the poor bastards running around on the ground being the fodder for these flying assassins?

Probably because you are in the air alot in the game. What with the whole screwed up gravity thing in the maps, and the verticality and what not you are capable of (also depending on the character/class you play). And yes you are pretty vulnerable on the ground - you can still kill fairly easily from there. And sometimes its just easier while your running around instead of in the air.

News Comments > Quake Champions Gameplay Trailer
3. Re: Quake Champions Gameplay Trailer Aug 4, 2016, 19:22 LOC

Yeah, ok. I'm on board now. Looks great, looks smooth as all hell. Gory as hell, and rocket jumping. YAY. Also, gibs. Lots of gibs. Looks like they are pulling maps from Quake 1-3, which is great.  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Announces New Expansion & Free Trial
2. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Announces New Expansion & Free Trial Jul 17, 2016, 15:50 LOC

Bucky wrote on Jul 17, 2016, 14:39:
So, as someone who loved KotOR and KotOR II, is this worth delving into as a single player experience? I have zero interest in the MMO part of it, but I wouldn't mind revisiting the world if I can do it on my own.

I'm pretty sure with the last major patch, they basically made it so you could literally bypass all the side quests and just do the main quest lines for the character you are playing. So, for solo specific stuff, you'd probably enjoy it. I did even when I did side quests. So there's that I guess?

News Comments > Fallout Shelter for PC Released
15. Re: Fallout Shelter for PC Released Jul 14, 2016, 14:24 LOC

You can (once installed) launch the game without using the launcher from then on - you just lose the ability to do in game transactions (which is probably fine for most of us I'd imagine).  

News Comments > Ghostbusters Game Released
3. Re: Ghostbusters Game Released Jul 13, 2016, 02:05 LOC

Except it has nothing to do with the movie at all, which is a shame since I'm kinda enjoying the game so far. Its a simple twin stick style action game with some light RPG stuff thrown in with coop (but not online coop I don't think...?)

They should have pushed this game more, as it isn't that bad. Everyone is just lumping it in with the new movie (which is stupid as it is) but whatever.

News Comments > The Division Expansion & Patch Released
4. Re: The Division Expansion & Patch Released Jun 28, 2016, 13:22 LOC

So, they really need to Q/A these damn updates more (on PC I assume anyway) as I and many others are locked out of our main characters yet again this patch. You can make a new agent, but everyone else you try to log in with will error out. Was really looking forward to trying out these new "randomly generated" dealies today.  

News Comments > Anarchy Online Turns 15
6. Re: Anarchy Online Turns 15 Jun 27, 2016, 12:31 LOC

Timmeh wrote on Jun 27, 2016, 12:15:
LOC wrote on Jun 27, 2016, 11:15:
Man I used to play this so much when it was new.

And have they ever switched over to the newer engine? I know they had it on the test server last year at some point, but I haven't kept track of the game really.

Yep, New Engine has been live for over a year. Can play wit new or old.

Nice. Maybe I'll jump in sometime this week then and check it out for the birthday bash.

News Comments > Anarchy Online Turns 15
3. Re: Anarchy Online Turns 15 Jun 27, 2016, 11:15 LOC

Man I used to play this so much when it was new.

And have they ever switched over to the newer engine? I know they had it on the test server last year at some point, but I haven't kept track of the game really.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 9, 2016, 04:33 LOC

ViRGE wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 02:23:
Huh, I didn't realize the first Injustice game sold well enough to justify a sequel.

Well it certainly sold well enough to get an ongoing prequel comic, several tie ins and a bunch of other things related to the idea of Injustice.

News Comments > Hard Reset Redux Released
2. No subject Jun 3, 2016, 11:37 LOC

No, I'm pretty sure they added the Cyber Katana for this new release of the game. I mean, they mention it in the announcement and all, but I'm also pretty sure the game didn't have a Katana in the original version like you said.  

News Comments > Lawbreakers Alpha Signups
4. Re: Lawbreakers Alpha Signups Apr 22, 2016, 02:51 LOC

Game looks good enough so far. I'm just glad they decided to ditch the F2P model and go with a straight B2P one. Even though Nexon is still publishing the game. It'll be on Steam right off the bat so it should have a decent enough community around it even if it won't be the next big thing in shooters (or maybe it will be?).  

News Comments > Shadow Complex Remastered for Free
15. Re: Shadow Complex Remastered for Free Dec 4, 2015, 15:51 LOC

It'll be on Steam early next year then if it bothers you that much.  

12. Re: Shadow Complex Remastered for Free Dec 4, 2015, 13:52 LOC

Jagacademy wrote on Dec 4, 2015, 13:19:

3. Give me a break with signing up for a different launcher. What the hell is the big deal? If you don't want another company to have your email sure, I can understand that but seriously? I don't get the hate, same with all the UPlay hate.

Where do we draw the line? Every developer releases their own launcher for their game(s)? We'd end up with 100+ different launchers installed. Why is this necessary whatsoever?

Well not every developer is going to put out a launcher obviously. Still, I certainly understand not wanting to have 100+ launchers sitting around and all that. But it's not that bad at this point, and to get an awesome game for free(and Unreal Tournament as well let alone Unreal Engine 4 etc)is a terrific incentive imo.

Don't get me wrong. I totally get it. But I also just don't get all the hate UPlay (Origin etc) gets let alone the Epic launcher.

8. Re: Shadow Complex Remastered for Free Dec 4, 2015, 12:32 LOC

Ludomancer wrote on Dec 4, 2015, 11:49:
Only one person has pointed out this shit is a trojan horse for Epic's new "me too" spyware. Gamers will just gobble any cock put in front of them if there's even suggestion of a marginal entertainment value.

1. It's not "new me too spyware" since it's been used since before the UT alpha launched.
2. Unreal Tournament is on it, nuff said.
3. Give me a break with signing up for a different launcher. What the hell is the big deal? If you don't want another company to have your email sure, I can understand that but seriously? I don't get the hate, same with all the UPlay hate.
4. Its an incredible game. But if you are so set against using the Epic launcher, fine. Wait for it to be put on Steam next year.

174 Comments. 9 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo