Descending
Limit Results:

4 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

HTML and resulting text size..
Dec 14, 2003, 17:47
HTML and resulting text size.. Dec 14, 2003, 17:47
Dec 14, 2003, 17:47

Hey, Blue - I have to state that the text size issue on the main page remains untouched. IE's text size setting of "largest" gives me a font not much larger than IE's default setting of "medium." Again, this only inconveniences me slightly, but for people with real vision problems, it's undoubtedly problematic. This doesn't conform to accessibility standards. Maybe this point is moot, since maybe there aren't any 3D gamers that have real vision problems (makes sense).

Certainly I don't have room to complain, as your site is a free service and I am merely a beneficiary of your hard work, not a paying customer or anything.

-S
--

"There are those who can talk shit, and then there are those who can deliver the shit."
- Christian Antkow, id Software.

Re: HTML comment
Dec 8, 2003, 00:57
Re: HTML comment Dec 8, 2003, 00:57
Dec 8, 2003, 00:57

What I'm seeing is an inability to crank the max text size in IE as high as I could yesterday. At the default setting, it appears the same as before or close enough that I noticed no difference. My desktop rez is 16x12, so I tend to crank the text size up for these text-heavy sites to save me eyes. Now, I can crank it up a little (main page), but in IE at the "view/text size/largest" setting,it's only a small fraction of the size increase I formerly got.
--

"There are those who can talk shit, and then there are those who can deliver the shit."

HTML comment
Dec 7, 2003, 21:56
HTML comment Dec 7, 2003, 21:56
Dec 7, 2003, 21:56

I emailed this comment a minute ago, but thought I'd post it here in case it's overlooked in Blue's tonnage of incoming email.
--

Hey, Blue..

Long-time reader; once in a great while I email you regarding some trivial item. Here's one such.

I crank up the text size when reading text-heavy news sites these days to make them a little easier to read (I'm not particularly old, and yes, I know what causes my premature trek into blindness). Your update today removed my ability to crank up the text size to the max. I can still muddle through OK, but I'm sure people with real vision problems will be inconvenienced by this. Further, the generally accepted accessibility guidelines would dictate that the end-user should be able to specify text size.

Just an unsolicited heads-up. Thanks so much for all your hard work - you've given me a great deal of enjoyment over the years.

-Scott "SLAM" Lampman

This comment was edited on Dec 7, 21:56.
--

WOO HOO!
Sep 2, 2001, 21:53
WOO HOO! Sep 2, 2001, 21:53
Sep 2, 2001, 21:53

that truly was funny.

http://www.cascadia.net/images/moronsinc.jpg
--

4 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older