Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for hoetz

Real Name hoetz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Flo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description Quake, Quake and more Quake
Homepage http://www.3dshooter.com
Signed On Feb 14, 2000, 14:48
Total Comments 1354 (Pro)
User ID 2786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Take-Two Financials
6. Re: Take-Two Financials Nov 8, 2018, 08:17 Flo

Renegades Hang wrote on Nov 7, 2018, 20:14:
So much for EA saying single-player is dead. How out of touch can you be?
It's a lot easier to cash in on some cheap MOBA, though ….

Supporter of the "Chewbacca Defense"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mixer Season 2
2. Re: Mixer Season 2 Nov 3, 2018, 05:48 Flo

Not really into streaming but from what I remember Mixer had killer low latency compared to twitch.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Released
2. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Released Oct 12, 2018, 11:07 Flo

xXStellarDadXx wrote on Oct 12, 2018, 10:51:
This is first COD i have bought in a long time mainly for the Blackout mode..pleasure to play so far...only bitch is gun attachments..otherwise i highly recommend...
+1
Hated PUBG, hated Fortnite but the Blackout beta really surprised me. About time someone made a solid FPS+BR game.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
12. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 3, 2018, 04:33 Flo

Numinar wrote on Sep 3, 2018, 04:06:
Getting anxious waiting for Frozen Synapse 2 to drop so I just purchased Into the Breach for the second time on Switch... it's so good. Nothing else interesting seems to be happening in PC world at the moment.
+1000

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
11. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 17, 2018, 07:36 Flo

sauron wrote on Jul 31, 2018, 17:00:
Flo wrote on Jul 31, 2018, 13:28:
robdot wrote on Jul 31, 2018, 13:23:
If you haven't played Zelda, your missing a fucking masterpiece..it will remind you of why you play games. It actually made me smile....
I love my switch but Zelda bored me. I climbed all those towers in countless Ubi games…
I don't care about the Nintendo games, for me the switch is the console for indie titles I didn't appreciate on the PC.
Hollow Knight, Enter the Gungeon, Dead Cells,...
Keep 'em coming!
Hey Flo, is Dead Cells any good? Was thinking to maybe get it. But I still have to finish FFXV and Ni No Kuni 2...
I can confirm it's everything I wanted it to be and more

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 31, 2018, 13:28 Flo

robdot wrote on Jul 31, 2018, 13:23:
If you haven't played Zelda, your missing a fucking masterpiece..it will remind you of why you play games. It actually made me smile....
I love my switch but Zelda bored me. I climbed all those towers in countless Ubi games…
I don't care about the Nintendo games, for me the switch is the console for indie titles I didn't appreciate on the PC.
Hollow Knight, Enter the Gungeon, Dead Cells,...
Keep 'em coming!

News Comments > Enter the Gungeon: Advanced Gungeons & Draguns Released
3. Re: Enter the Gungeon: Advanced Gungeons & Draguns Released Jul 20, 2018, 03:16 Flo

ItBurn wrote on Jul 19, 2018, 20:48:
This game is way too hard. It's such a painful grind because of that.
This game is perfect for the Switch. If I had bought it on the PC I probably would have returned it after 20 minutes. On the Switch I just keep it open and play 20 minutes from time to time and it's great.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Jun 8, 2018, 05:39 Flo

Stormsinger wrote on Jun 7, 2018, 19:27:
Beamer wrote on Jun 7, 2018, 15:49:
Nullity wrote on Jun 7, 2018, 15:19:
Oh they've definitely improved over the evil monster they used to be. I think most people recognize that. But the software/developer industry has a long memory, and it's hard to look past previous issues. I mean, if I remember correctly, I think Steve Ballmer literally said, "Linux is a cancer". Sure, that was awhile ago now, but it shouldn't be hard to understand why people are still wary of MS.

Though through your own admission, it's all totally at the whims of their shareholders and who is in charge. They could go right back to being Satan's IT department at any time. And sure, that logic applies to any company, but it's harder to trust someone who's already abused you.

They could, but for the time being, they're not. Lots of things could happen. Cavs fans thought LeBron James was the devil for a long time. Now, they love him. Sure, he could go back to being the devil in the offseason, but does that mean they shouldn't cheer for him now?

Microsoft is so committed to Linux it actually released a Linux OS. It realizes Linux is part of its future, and has jumped in. Satya is reshaping the entire company and moving away from how the old guard thought. No one thinks Ballmer was successful. No one is following his lead. Half of Satya's first year was dismantling the stupid crap Ballmer did.
I'll consider trusting them when they've been a decent (not even good) corporate citizen for half as long as they were fucking evil. So...say, another 12 years or so.

Or has everyone already forgotten that it was only a bit over a year ago that they were using intentionally misleading changes to trick people into installing Win 10?
The windows division is the last big remnant of the old world. Rest assured, Satya does not care about Windows

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 7, 2018, 15:03 Flo

Nullity wrote on Jun 7, 2018, 13:02:
since many people in this industry try to stay as far away from Microsoft as possible, and with good reason.
What's that good reason? They flushed out most of the old guys and today people like Scott Hanselmann, David Fowler or Damian Edwards shape Microsoft. OK, I'm focusing on the .NET division, but for me, people like them kickstarted this new Microsoft. So, in my opinion, Microsoft is the best option when looking at all the other tech giants.

News Comments > RAGE 2 Announcement Monday?
29. Re: RAGE 2 Announcement Monday? May 12, 2018, 02:37 Flo

Creston wrote on May 11, 2018, 18:03:
SirKnight wrote on May 11, 2018, 14:03:
Creston wrote on May 11, 2018, 13:36:
Will it still use the same shitty pop-in / ultra-low fidelity textures tech that was supposed to revolutionize gaming?

You do realize that Doom (2016) used the same tech but improved right? So why would Rage 2 (which of course will use the same id Tech 6 as Doom) go back to the original implementation of Megatextures?

I didn't play Doom. I know the pop-in was mostly fixed once everyone switched to SSDs, but didn't Doom suffer from some horrid textures up close as well?
Everything about Doom 2016 was 100% perfect. I am not kidding.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: Xbox made $2.25 billion for Microsoft last quarter Apr 27, 2018, 02:42 Flo

Numinar wrote on Apr 27, 2018, 02:36:
Flo wrote on Apr 27, 2018, 02:01:
CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 26, 2018, 20:22:
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo........

Why no? They have done a fucking great job of turning that ship around and the engineering of the Xbox One X blows the PS4 pro out of the water. I only got a PS4 Pro for God of War (great game I admit) and it's crazy how loud that thing gets. IMO it's always good to have some competition.

Flo wrote on Apr 27, 2018, 02:01:

Why no? They have done a fucking great job of turning that ship around and the engineering of the Xbox One X blows the PS4 pro out of the water. I only got a PS4 Pro for God of War (great game I admit) and it's crazy how loud that thing gets. IMO it's always good to have some competition.

That fan noise is bad enough on the PS4 normal. I need my noise canceling headphones and a few meteres gap between me and the machine to make it bearable. (Game is still amazing. Frame rate issues fixed by restarting the machine on the two occasions it happened in 30 odd hours of gameplay and counting that I have loved every minute of.) I think Sony's awesome engineering is starting to slip.

Though not as bad as Microsoft's software team. That Xbox UI (And the windows app) are trash. Something they got so right the first time on the X360 and yet somehow forgot how to do it? I'm keeping my eye out for a cheap S just to catch up on my old man stories (Halo), have my XBLA library/backwards compatibility and be able to play Forza and Sea of Thieves with more family members but I'm surprised they are making any money on that thing. I guess they were able to grow the market enough last time out that they can flog low margin/subsidised hardware and still make bank from a distant second place in market share.
I hear a lot of complaints about the Xbox One UI and my main issue was that it was slow in the beginning. In its current form (thank god the guide is back) it is not more or less confusing for me than the ps4 UI. The only console UI that is REALLY good IMHO is the one from the Switch.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Xbox made $2.25 billion for Microsoft last quarter Apr 27, 2018, 02:01 Flo

News Comments > Quake Champions April Update Plans
6. Re: etc. Apr 10, 2018, 09:09 Flo

Vio wrote on Apr 10, 2018, 09:00:
It's dead, they nerfed the speed of everything.
It's not so much about the mechanics. Classic Arena deathmatch is dead, killed by that Battle Royale crap.

News Comments > Quake Champions April Update Plans
4. Re: etc. Apr 10, 2018, 03:44 Flo

Jerykk wrote on Apr 9, 2018, 23:09:
Good to see them still supporting this though I can't really see its player base growing much. There's simply too much competition in the multiplayer shooter space. CS, PUBG, Fortnite, BF, CoD, Crossfire, etc, all competing for your time.
Yep the days of Quake are over and I am a sad panda. I still play it a couple of hours every week or so. Still better than any of that Battle Royale crap.

News Comments > Sea of Thieves' Stormy Start
10. Re: Sea of Thieves' Stormy Start Mar 21, 2018, 16:44 Flo

Creston wrote on Mar 21, 2018, 16:32:
"We can't be bothered to pay for enough infrastructure. Please queue and stop saying that you want to play the game you paid for, you entitled bastards."
.....or didn't pay for because you use the 14 days free gamepass trick, you bastards! ARRRRR

News Comments > Sea of Thieves Sets Sail
3. Re: Sea of Thieves Sets Sail Mar 20, 2018, 10:28 Flo

Prez wrote on Mar 20, 2018, 10:18:
Put it somewhere other than the execrable Windows Store and I'll give it a whirl as it looks like it might be fun. Of course if it's anything like Guns of Icarus being on a team of jackasses can spoil every game session regardless of how good the core game is.
What's wrong with it in its current state as opposed to its shitty early version from 2 years ago?

News Comments > Quake Champions Spring Update Launches; Cheaper Mode Comes Tomorrow
14. Re: Quake Champions Spring Update Launches; Cheaper Mode Comes Tomorrow Mar 16, 2018, 03:19 Flo

I played 25 hours or so and it was great fun but I really struggled to stay in the upper half of the scoreboard. The player base is very thin, though. But it's fun to go back there from time to time when the alternatives these days are PUBG and Overwatch (Liked Overwatch but absolutely hated PUBG)  

News Comments > Get Dead Space for Free
15. Re: Get Dead Space for Free Feb 14, 2018, 04:54 Flo

ItBurn wrote on Feb 13, 2018, 23:44:
The PC port is absolutely atrocious. Skip.
No it's not, it even supports 21:9 resolutions out of the box! Played through it just recently with an Xbox One controller.

News Comments > Dawn of War 3 Sets
14. Re: Dawn of War 3 Sets Feb 8, 2018, 15:50 Flo

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 8, 2018, 11:14:
I miss the good old strategy games, Supcom1, DOW1, C&C Generals. I don't understand how these companies don't see what was successful in the past and build upon that when make a new strategy game, instead of this controller friendly MOBA style E-sport shit pile.
Try Forged Battalion!

News Comments > More Destiny 2 Destiny Outlined
2. Re: etc. Feb 4, 2018, 07:05 Flo

They still havent patched the (true) fullscreen issue on laptops...  

1354 Comments. 68 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo