Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for hoetz

Real Name hoetz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Flo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Quake, Quake and more Quake
Homepage http://www.3dshooter.com
Signed On Feb 14, 2000, 14:48
Total Comments 1345 (Pro)
User ID 2786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > RAGE 2 Announcement Monday?
29. Re: RAGE 2 Announcement Monday? May 12, 2018, 02:37 Flo

Creston wrote on May 11, 2018, 18:03:
SirKnight wrote on May 11, 2018, 14:03:
Creston wrote on May 11, 2018, 13:36:
Will it still use the same shitty pop-in / ultra-low fidelity textures tech that was supposed to revolutionize gaming?

You do realize that Doom (2016) used the same tech but improved right? So why would Rage 2 (which of course will use the same id Tech 6 as Doom) go back to the original implementation of Megatextures?

I didn't play Doom. I know the pop-in was mostly fixed once everyone switched to SSDs, but didn't Doom suffer from some horrid textures up close as well?
Everything about Doom 2016 was 100% perfect. I am not kidding.

Supporter of the "Chewbacca Defense"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: Xbox made $2.25 billion for Microsoft last quarter Apr 27, 2018, 02:42 Flo

Numinar wrote on Apr 27, 2018, 02:36:
Flo wrote on Apr 27, 2018, 02:01:
CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 26, 2018, 20:22:
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo........

Why no? They have done a fucking great job of turning that ship around and the engineering of the Xbox One X blows the PS4 pro out of the water. I only got a PS4 Pro for God of War (great game I admit) and it's crazy how loud that thing gets. IMO it's always good to have some competition.

Flo wrote on Apr 27, 2018, 02:01:

Why no? They have done a fucking great job of turning that ship around and the engineering of the Xbox One X blows the PS4 pro out of the water. I only got a PS4 Pro for God of War (great game I admit) and it's crazy how loud that thing gets. IMO it's always good to have some competition.

That fan noise is bad enough on the PS4 normal. I need my noise canceling headphones and a few meteres gap between me and the machine to make it bearable. (Game is still amazing. Frame rate issues fixed by restarting the machine on the two occasions it happened in 30 odd hours of gameplay and counting that I have loved every minute of.) I think Sony's awesome engineering is starting to slip.

Though not as bad as Microsoft's software team. That Xbox UI (And the windows app) are trash. Something they got so right the first time on the X360 and yet somehow forgot how to do it? I'm keeping my eye out for a cheap S just to catch up on my old man stories (Halo), have my XBLA library/backwards compatibility and be able to play Forza and Sea of Thieves with more family members but I'm surprised they are making any money on that thing. I guess they were able to grow the market enough last time out that they can flog low margin/subsidised hardware and still make bank from a distant second place in market share.
I hear a lot of complaints about the Xbox One UI and my main issue was that it was slow in the beginning. In its current form (thank god the guide is back) it is not more or less confusing for me than the ps4 UI. The only console UI that is REALLY good IMHO is the one from the Switch.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Xbox made $2.25 billion for Microsoft last quarter Apr 27, 2018, 02:01 Flo

News Comments > Quake Champions April Update Plans
6. Re: etc. Apr 10, 2018, 09:09 Flo

Vio wrote on Apr 10, 2018, 09:00:
It's dead, they nerfed the speed of everything.
It's not so much about the mechanics. Classic Arena deathmatch is dead, killed by that Battle Royale crap.

News Comments > Quake Champions April Update Plans
4. Re: etc. Apr 10, 2018, 03:44 Flo

Jerykk wrote on Apr 9, 2018, 23:09:
Good to see them still supporting this though I can't really see its player base growing much. There's simply too much competition in the multiplayer shooter space. CS, PUBG, Fortnite, BF, CoD, Crossfire, etc, all competing for your time.
Yep the days of Quake are over and I am a sad panda. I still play it a couple of hours every week or so. Still better than any of that Battle Royale crap.

News Comments > Sea of Thieves' Stormy Start
10. Re: Sea of Thieves' Stormy Start Mar 21, 2018, 16:44 Flo

Creston wrote on Mar 21, 2018, 16:32:
"We can't be bothered to pay for enough infrastructure. Please queue and stop saying that you want to play the game you paid for, you entitled bastards."
.....or didn't pay for because you use the 14 days free gamepass trick, you bastards! ARRRRR

News Comments > Sea of Thieves Sets Sail
3. Re: Sea of Thieves Sets Sail Mar 20, 2018, 10:28 Flo

Prez wrote on Mar 20, 2018, 10:18:
Put it somewhere other than the execrable Windows Store and I'll give it a whirl as it looks like it might be fun. Of course if it's anything like Guns of Icarus being on a team of jackasses can spoil every game session regardless of how good the core game is.
What's wrong with it in its current state as opposed to its shitty early version from 2 years ago?

News Comments > Quake Champions Spring Update Launches; Cheaper Mode Comes Tomorrow
14. Re: Quake Champions Spring Update Launches; Cheaper Mode Comes Tomorrow Mar 16, 2018, 03:19 Flo

I played 25 hours or so and it was great fun but I really struggled to stay in the upper half of the scoreboard. The player base is very thin, though. But it's fun to go back there from time to time when the alternatives these days are PUBG and Overwatch (Liked Overwatch but absolutely hated PUBG)  

News Comments > Get Dead Space for Free
15. Re: Get Dead Space for Free Feb 14, 2018, 04:54 Flo

ItBurn wrote on Feb 13, 2018, 23:44:
The PC port is absolutely atrocious. Skip.
No it's not, it even supports 21:9 resolutions out of the box! Played through it just recently with an Xbox One controller.

News Comments > Dawn of War 3 Sets
14. Re: Dawn of War 3 Sets Feb 8, 2018, 15:50 Flo

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 8, 2018, 11:14:
I miss the good old strategy games, Supcom1, DOW1, C&C Generals. I don't understand how these companies don't see what was successful in the past and build upon that when make a new strategy game, instead of this controller friendly MOBA style E-sport shit pile.
Try Forged Battalion!

News Comments > More Destiny 2 Destiny Outlined
2. Re: etc. Feb 4, 2018, 07:05 Flo

They still havent patched the (true) fullscreen issue on laptops...  

News Comments > Paragon Closing in April; Refunds Offered
10. Re: Paragon Closing in April; Refunds Offered Jan 27, 2018, 03:42 Flo

https://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2018/01/19/paragone  

News Comments > Sea of Thieves Beta This Week
3. Re: Sea of Thieves Beta This Week Jan 22, 2018, 09:48 Flo

And then there's that: https://www.polygon.com/e3/2017/6/14/15798020/sea-of-thieves-e3-2017-preview-impressions-video  

News Comments > Quake Champions Gets Keel This Week
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 12, 2017, 04:11 Flo

I had tons of fun with it and it is a great "companion" game to Overwatch for me but I think the player base is really small. Even as a a veteran Quake player it was really frustrating for me when I couldnt even score one frag in some matches. The learning curve is insane when we consider that the kiddies of today are supposed to play this  

News Comments > The Evil Within 2 Free Trial
8. Re: The Evil Within 2 Free Trial Dec 9, 2017, 02:40 Flo

For me this is GOTY 2017. Finished it last week after 18 hours. Fixed almost everything from part 1. Initially, I was sceptical about the open world stuff but it's really only open-world-very-light. It still is scary in the right places and offers a satisfying conclusion which is rare these days.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
15. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 7, 2017, 04:39 Flo

MajorD wrote on Dec 7, 2017, 00:31:
Creston wrote on Dec 6, 2017, 23:40:
MajorD wrote on Dec 6, 2017, 17:41:
Creston wrote on Dec 6, 2017, 17:36:
Flo wrote on Dec 6, 2017, 16:20:
this, I will never forgive Sony for this. Say what you will but Microsoft knows its security and they never had a major incident like this.

Ahem

Cough

Hurgh

etc etc etc.

All other things you said, sure. It's a nice box.

Yeah, because Microsoft is the 'ONLY' company the suffers from these breach issues. Rolleyes

Where do I say that? Flo said Microsoft had never suffered from these issues, which is laughable, so I linked just the first three I found in a 5 second google search.

But that sure is a nice little straw man you're rolling your eyes at there.

My bad Creston I read through post too fast, and misunderstood, and was fired up about something else at the time. Mea Culpa

Targeted phishing is nowhere near that major fuckup of Sony 2011. Same goes for the other links you provided.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 6, 2017, 16:20 Flo

I bought an Xbox One X because I won't invest in another ecosystem for maybe one game (Horizon Zero Dawn) I'd like to play on PS.
And this, I will never forgive Sony for this. Say what you will but Microsoft knows its security and they never had a major incident like this.
Back to the X. Despite the stupid name I was actually really surprised that non patched games run so much better on it. I think that's one area where (from what I've read) the PS4 Pro just didn't do much.
Also: the build quality and cooling of the X is actually pretty nice. The fan kicks in only when running a 4K patched game like AC:Origins or Evil Within 2 and even then it's still quiet. The OS and its GUI is actually really fast and clean now (was a a fucking nightmware in the past, agreed).
So overall I don't regret it at all but a PS4 was never really an option anyway for me.

News Comments > EA to Acquire Respawn
16. Re: EA to Acquire Respawn Nov 10, 2017, 02:03 Flo

Titanfall 2: best single player campaign in years

News Comments > Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Released; Menu Includes Countdown
27. Re: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Released; Menu Includes Countdown Oct 28, 2017, 02:24 Flo

If I have to buy the season pass to make these guys produce games in the future I'll buy ten.
The campaign ist THAT GOOD (8 hours into it now).
It's crazy how they managed to tell a heartbreaking AND hilarious story WITH over the top gunplay.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
18. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 26, 2017, 02:13 Flo

My Xbox One Kinect found a new home plugged into my desktop PC to allow Windows Hello Face Login, which is awesome. Once you get used to it everything else feels old  

1345 Comments. 68 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo