Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for hoetz

Real Name hoetz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Flo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Quake, Quake and more Quake
Homepage http://www.3dshooter.com
Signed On Feb 14, 2000, 14:48
Total Comments 1328 (Pro)
User ID 2786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > EA to Acquire Respawn
16. Re: EA to Acquire Respawn Nov 10, 2017, 02:03 Flo

Titanfall 2: best single player campaign in years

Supporter of the "Chewbacca Defense"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Released; Menu Includes Countdown
27. Re: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Released; Menu Includes Countdown Oct 28, 2017, 02:24 Flo

If I have to buy the season pass to make these guys produce games in the future I'll buy ten.
The campaign ist THAT GOOD (8 hours into it now).
It's crazy how they managed to tell a heartbreaking AND hilarious story WITH over the top gunplay.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
18. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 26, 2017, 02:13 Flo

My Xbox One Kinect found a new home plugged into my desktop PC to allow Windows Hello Face Login, which is awesome. Once you get used to it everything else feels old  

News Comments > Destiny 2 for Windows Released
12. Re: Destiny 2 for Windows Released Oct 25, 2017, 02:45 Flo

So much better than Destiny 1. The first hour is almost entirely single player, the setting & art direction of the first section is so much better & more focused imho. Still, if you want a pure single player FPS, don't buy this but Wolf 2 instead. Or buy both  

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Sep 22, 2017, 03:48 Flo

Yup, although I thought New Vegas pretty much made up for F3's faults.  

News Comments > PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Passes 1M CCUs
6. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Passes 1M CCUs Sep 9, 2017, 02:20 Flo

DangerDog wrote on Sep 8, 2017, 21:03:
Hey guys, Lawbreakers is going to gain players any day now.
Same goes for Quake Champions
I returned PUBG after 2 hours since it felt too random for me. In Quake Champions I know that I suck when I get fragged

News Comments > MS's Virtual Reality Sets This Year
8. Re: MS's Virtual Reality Sets This Year Aug 28, 2017, 15:31 Flo

Verno wrote on Aug 28, 2017, 14:07:
Might also explain why they put such a powerful GPU in the new XBox.

Powerful? Looking at the specs, I would put it near a GeForce 1060.

I'm not expecting 4k miracles from the new Xbox. It's going to be a lot of checkerboard upscaling and tradeoffs again. We'll be lucky to get 4k/30fps with high visual toggles. The odd well optimized game might shoot for more or dial down other stuff.

Anyways back to VR, I think this is great. VR needed price drops to let it attain some critical mass. This will let people get a feel for things without committing half a pay check.
Isn't it more like a 1070?

News Comments > Quake Champions Early Access
8. Re: Quake Champions Early Access Aug 23, 2017, 09:07 Flo

No, they said that all future champions will be free if you buy the full pack.
Players who want to jump in and frag their way to global dominance will be able to buy the Champions Pack, which will unlock all current and future Champions as well as other exclusive in-game bonuses for $29.99, 25% off the final retail price of $39.99.

https://bethesda.net/en/article/TjBBCfxxymoAECG06kwaq/quake-champions-early-access

News Comments > Quake Champions Early Access
3. Re: Quake Champions Early Access Aug 23, 2017, 02:36 Flo

If you got into the closed beta you can still play the free version through the Bethesda.net launcher.
I enjoyed the closed beta. In fact, this was the only game that pulled me away from Overwatch. I played lots of Quake in the 90s and Champions feels pretty good.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
8. Re: Morning Interviews Aug 5, 2017, 03:00 Flo

Rhett wrote on Aug 4, 2017, 18:50:
Ah, I though it was one of those "I'm sad the game didn't sell well, oh well." type interviews and didn't read it. That sucks.

It's still a great game though, but I understand apprehension. The campaign is worth a playthrough if you enjoy shooters at the very least, in whatever fashion can be done.
The campaign is fantastic! Easily one of the best single player shooters recently.

News Comments > Tacoma Released
12. Re: Tacoma Released Aug 4, 2017, 03:27 Flo

I finished it yesterday in under 3 hours. It ended just about the same time I started to enjoy the plot. You are basically hunting for pre-recorded wireframe scenes to progress the AI data upload. You can find out more about the central plot through "pixel hunting" for keys or passcodes to unlock some more scenes and data. Overall, I was pretty disappointed since I enjoyed Gone Home quite a bit.  

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
11. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jul 3, 2017, 02:08 Flo

We are heading into the eventual day when it won't be optional to install programs unless they're from the MS Store.
Trust me, for a lot of people this is the best way to go.

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Free Maps
3. Re: Titanfall 2 Free Maps Jun 28, 2017, 16:03 Flo

aka_STEVE wrote on Jun 28, 2017, 15:54:
I actually feel bad this go around for them, as T II seemed to fix all the problems from the first one - but it seems to have got lost among all the other releases at the time...
Yea, and the single player campaign was awesome. Totally unexpected.

News Comments > Quake Champions Coming to Steam
1. Re: Quake Champions Coming to Steam Jun 26, 2017, 10:38 Flo

Thank god, the Bethesda launcher is a piece of shit  

News Comments > Free Phantom Dust for Win10
5. Re: Free Phantom Dust for Win10 May 17, 2017, 18:05 Flo

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on May 17, 2017, 07:38:
eRe4s3r wrote on May 16, 2017, 21:43:
While housekeeping my family W10 install for creators update I noticed.. it has the same god damn broken windows update "service freezes up, uses 1 core entirely" issue that plagued all other Windows versions... great. Had to actually use wsusoffline to patch Windows 10 ... feel like back in W7 times already

I thought they fixed this issue, but apparently not.

Good news, after doing wsus offline updates to patch up to the creators update, it now actually downloaded everything properly. But it still baffles me that this issue known since XP has not been fixed in W10.. that's just insane.

You may want to consider switching your family members that aren't gamers to Mint Linux. It's similar enough that they can do 99% of the same things without much hassle. About all a non-gamer will lose is potentially Blu-Ray playback(some work, some won't, etc.). There are some games supported natively of course, but nowhere near the selection of Windows. Big plus of course, is no spyware, and no potential for getting locked in to some ridiculous Microsoft decision down the line.

/End anti-Windows 10, Linux sermon.

hmm but I want them to have sound, so no Linux
Seriously, the recent outbreak has shown that you should just put them on Windows 10 Home Auto Update. No, this will not be the year of Linux on the desktop

News Comments > Quake Champions: New Trailer and Beta Keys Giveway
9. Re: Quake Champions: New Trailer and Beta Keys Giveway May 4, 2017, 08:39 Flo

QDC6-K37R-D4BH-9X8C-U99Q  

News Comments > Dawn of War III Trailer; Open Beta Begins
26. Re: Dawn of War III Trailer; Open Beta Begins Apr 23, 2017, 06:56 Flo

This is why RTS is a dead genre. It allows too much for skilled players to dominate, sort of like Quake, but what kids-these-days want is like Call of Duty where when you suck and die it notices and spawns you behind someone for an easy kill. Overwatch with its built in "abilities" like auto-aim and other no skill ultimates. Survival shooters where you sneak around looting until you shoot someone in the back and enjoy it because it wasn't you it was happening to.
So true...

News Comments > Thimbleweed Park Released
5. Re: Thimbleweed Park Released Mar 31, 2017, 09:47 Flo

Sepharo wrote on Mar 31, 2017, 04:20:
It's pretty damn good so far.
Feels like it's a LucasArts classic adventure for sure.
+1
I just finished the 2nd act and so far the pacing is awesome.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Mar 9, 2017, 09:20 Flo

One of my favorite games of all time. Must have played through it at least four times. Hope they reboot this and go back to the original survival horror roots.  

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Open Beta
4. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Open Beta Feb 23, 2017, 11:48 Flo

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 23, 2017, 09:55:
My problem with this one is the same problem I have with any other coop games. Unless you have some dedicated friends that are available the time you are available to play coop with you, the game is pretty terrible in single player mode.
I am hearing it is a blast in coop mode though.
Played a couple of missions solo and I like it so far. The AI companions dont get in my way and behave pretty OK. I really thought I wouldn't enjoy it that much. Graphics are just OK, though. Framerate on XBone is not consistent, better on a 960gtx on my PC.

1328 Comments. 67 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo