Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for hoetz

Real Name hoetz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Flo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Quake, Quake and more Quake
Homepage http://www.3dshooter.com
Signed On Feb 14, 2000, 14:48
Total Comments 1337 (Pro)
User ID 2786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Get Dead Space for Free
15. Re: Get Dead Space for Free Feb 14, 2018, 04:54 Flo

ItBurn wrote on Feb 13, 2018, 23:44:
The PC port is absolutely atrocious. Skip.
No it's not, it even supports 21:9 resolutions out of the box! Played through it just recently with an Xbox One controller.

Supporter of the "Chewbacca Defense"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dawn of War 3 Sets
14. Re: Dawn of War 3 Sets Feb 8, 2018, 15:50 Flo

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 8, 2018, 11:14:
I miss the good old strategy games, Supcom1, DOW1, C&C Generals. I don't understand how these companies don't see what was successful in the past and build upon that when make a new strategy game, instead of this controller friendly MOBA style E-sport shit pile.
Try Forged Battalion!

News Comments > More Destiny 2 Destiny Outlined
2. Re: etc. Feb 4, 2018, 07:05 Flo

They still havent patched the (true) fullscreen issue on laptops...  

News Comments > Paragon Closing in April; Refunds Offered
10. Re: Paragon Closing in April; Refunds Offered Jan 27, 2018, 03:42 Flo

https://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2018/01/19/paragone  

News Comments > Sea of Thieves Beta This Week
3. Re: Sea of Thieves Beta This Week Jan 22, 2018, 09:48 Flo

And then there's that: https://www.polygon.com/e3/2017/6/14/15798020/sea-of-thieves-e3-2017-preview-impressions-video  

News Comments > Quake Champions Gets Keel This Week
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 12, 2017, 04:11 Flo

I had tons of fun with it and it is a great "companion" game to Overwatch for me but I think the player base is really small. Even as a a veteran Quake player it was really frustrating for me when I couldnt even score one frag in some matches. The learning curve is insane when we consider that the kiddies of today are supposed to play this  

News Comments > The Evil Within 2 Free Trial
8. Re: The Evil Within 2 Free Trial Dec 9, 2017, 02:40 Flo

For me this is GOTY 2017. Finished it last week after 18 hours. Fixed almost everything from part 1. Initially, I was sceptical about the open world stuff but it's really only open-world-very-light. It still is scary in the right places and offers a satisfying conclusion which is rare these days.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
15. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 7, 2017, 04:39 Flo

MajorD wrote on Dec 7, 2017, 00:31:
Creston wrote on Dec 6, 2017, 23:40:
MajorD wrote on Dec 6, 2017, 17:41:
Creston wrote on Dec 6, 2017, 17:36:
Flo wrote on Dec 6, 2017, 16:20:
this, I will never forgive Sony for this. Say what you will but Microsoft knows its security and they never had a major incident like this.

Ahem

Cough

Hurgh

etc etc etc.

All other things you said, sure. It's a nice box.

Yeah, because Microsoft is the 'ONLY' company the suffers from these breach issues. Rolleyes

Where do I say that? Flo said Microsoft had never suffered from these issues, which is laughable, so I linked just the first three I found in a 5 second google search.

But that sure is a nice little straw man you're rolling your eyes at there.

My bad Creston I read through post too fast, and misunderstood, and was fired up about something else at the time. Mea Culpa

Targeted phishing is nowhere near that major fuckup of Sony 2011. Same goes for the other links you provided.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 6, 2017, 16:20 Flo

I bought an Xbox One X because I won't invest in another ecosystem for maybe one game (Horizon Zero Dawn) I'd like to play on PS.
And this, I will never forgive Sony for this. Say what you will but Microsoft knows its security and they never had a major incident like this.
Back to the X. Despite the stupid name I was actually really surprised that non patched games run so much better on it. I think that's one area where (from what I've read) the PS4 Pro just didn't do much.
Also: the build quality and cooling of the X is actually pretty nice. The fan kicks in only when running a 4K patched game like AC:Origins or Evil Within 2 and even then it's still quiet. The OS and its GUI is actually really fast and clean now (was a a fucking nightmware in the past, agreed).
So overall I don't regret it at all but a PS4 was never really an option anyway for me.

News Comments > EA to Acquire Respawn
16. Re: EA to Acquire Respawn Nov 10, 2017, 02:03 Flo

Titanfall 2: best single player campaign in years

News Comments > Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Released; Menu Includes Countdown
27. Re: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Released; Menu Includes Countdown Oct 28, 2017, 02:24 Flo

If I have to buy the season pass to make these guys produce games in the future I'll buy ten.
The campaign ist THAT GOOD (8 hours into it now).
It's crazy how they managed to tell a heartbreaking AND hilarious story WITH over the top gunplay.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
18. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 26, 2017, 02:13 Flo

My Xbox One Kinect found a new home plugged into my desktop PC to allow Windows Hello Face Login, which is awesome. Once you get used to it everything else feels old  

News Comments > Destiny 2 for Windows Released
12. Re: Destiny 2 for Windows Released Oct 25, 2017, 02:45 Flo

So much better than Destiny 1. The first hour is almost entirely single player, the setting & art direction of the first section is so much better & more focused imho. Still, if you want a pure single player FPS, don't buy this but Wolf 2 instead. Or buy both  

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Sep 22, 2017, 03:48 Flo

Yup, although I thought New Vegas pretty much made up for F3's faults.  

News Comments > PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Passes 1M CCUs
6. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Passes 1M CCUs Sep 9, 2017, 02:20 Flo

DangerDog wrote on Sep 8, 2017, 21:03:
Hey guys, Lawbreakers is going to gain players any day now.
Same goes for Quake Champions
I returned PUBG after 2 hours since it felt too random for me. In Quake Champions I know that I suck when I get fragged

News Comments > MS's Virtual Reality Sets This Year
8. Re: MS's Virtual Reality Sets This Year Aug 28, 2017, 15:31 Flo

Verno wrote on Aug 28, 2017, 14:07:
Might also explain why they put such a powerful GPU in the new XBox.

Powerful? Looking at the specs, I would put it near a GeForce 1060.

I'm not expecting 4k miracles from the new Xbox. It's going to be a lot of checkerboard upscaling and tradeoffs again. We'll be lucky to get 4k/30fps with high visual toggles. The odd well optimized game might shoot for more or dial down other stuff.

Anyways back to VR, I think this is great. VR needed price drops to let it attain some critical mass. This will let people get a feel for things without committing half a pay check.
Isn't it more like a 1070?

News Comments > Quake Champions Early Access
8. Re: Quake Champions Early Access Aug 23, 2017, 09:07 Flo

No, they said that all future champions will be free if you buy the full pack.
Players who want to jump in and frag their way to global dominance will be able to buy the Champions Pack, which will unlock all current and future Champions as well as other exclusive in-game bonuses for $29.99, 25% off the final retail price of $39.99.

https://bethesda.net/en/article/TjBBCfxxymoAECG06kwaq/quake-champions-early-access

News Comments > Quake Champions Early Access
3. Re: Quake Champions Early Access Aug 23, 2017, 02:36 Flo

If you got into the closed beta you can still play the free version through the Bethesda.net launcher.
I enjoyed the closed beta. In fact, this was the only game that pulled me away from Overwatch. I played lots of Quake in the 90s and Champions feels pretty good.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
8. Re: Morning Interviews Aug 5, 2017, 03:00 Flo

Rhett wrote on Aug 4, 2017, 18:50:
Ah, I though it was one of those "I'm sad the game didn't sell well, oh well." type interviews and didn't read it. That sucks.

It's still a great game though, but I understand apprehension. The campaign is worth a playthrough if you enjoy shooters at the very least, in whatever fashion can be done.
The campaign is fantastic! Easily one of the best single player shooters recently.

News Comments > Tacoma Released
12. Re: Tacoma Released Aug 4, 2017, 03:27 Flo

I finished it yesterday in under 3 hours. It ended just about the same time I started to enjoy the plot. You are basically hunting for pre-recorded wireframe scenes to progress the AI data upload. You can find out more about the central plot through "pixel hunting" for keys or passcodes to unlock some more scenes and data. Overall, I was pretty disappointed since I enjoyed Gone Home quite a bit.  

1337 Comments. 67 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo