Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for hoetz

Real Name hoetz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Flo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Quake, Quake and more Quake
Homepage http://www.3dshooter.com
Signed On Feb 14, 2000, 14:48
Total Comments 1286 (Pro)
User ID 2786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > No Man's Sky Released
47. Re: No Man's Sky Released Aug 13, 2016, 07:59 Flo

Slick wrote on Aug 13, 2016, 06:41:
the review bombing is pretty funny. But totally understandable, any game with hype this high is bound to make some people boarderline suicidal when it's just "a game" in the end. I think they deserve a solid 8/10 after the technical issues are mopped up by a larger QA firm, which is already underway. Game is exactly what they said it would be, and for some reason actually playing it I fall in love with the simplicity and don't really want anything else.

I'm finding it very zen. A total break from other genres. I never got into minecraft, or rust, or dayz, or fortnite, or any other crafty, survivaly, resource hoardey game like that. But for some reason NMS scratches that itch in a very chilled out way.

NMS is like electronic opium.
Interesting, I also never got into Minecraft and never will. Now I'm really anxious to get home and play it.

Supporter of the "Chewbacca Defense"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > No Man's Sky is Very Very Chill
23. Re: No Man's Sky is Very Very Chill Aug 9, 2016, 01:08 Flo

Polygon has a first comment after 10 hours, post patch.
They call it more of a survival game than an exploration game and that this is kinda annoying early on.

http://goo.gl/VJ0uNJ

News Comments > No Man Sky Patch & Plans
21. Re: No Man Sky Patch & Plans Aug 8, 2016, 13:37 Flo

I am interested in the story paths they mentioned and if those could keep me going. I am usually easily bored by "work-games" (often games where you have to mine stuff)  

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Aug 3, 2016, 06:21 Flo

jdreyer wrote on Aug 3, 2016, 03:56:
heroin wrote on Aug 3, 2016, 02:49:
Steam's obsession with consolitis is a strange one.

It's not really. Console game sales are a huge market, and Steam sees them rightly as huge competitors. And more and more PC gaming is moving into the living room as streaming devices become more ubiquitous (Steam sells those, btw).
Yea, but the Steam controller is REALLY bad for playing games where you have to turn fast - the right touchpad sucks for that.

News Comments > More Win10 Concerns from Tim Sweeney
6. Re: More Win10 Concerns from Tim Sweeney Jul 26, 2016, 10:10 Flo

Pure bullshit, if at any point Microsoft introduces changes that negatively impact Steam, all hell will break loose.
One can only hope that Win32 is being killed at some point but I don't see it happen in the next 10 years.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Jul 17, 2016, 13:45 Flo

Tachikoma wrote on Jul 17, 2016, 13:06:
It`s a seemingly great deal on the surface, but just as the 2 first games, only there. Both DA:O and DS are symptomatic of the last decade`s AAA emptiness. The former was supposed to be a return to the Baldur`s roots and turned out to be a messy affair with minuses outweighing the pluses and more padding than a lunatic cell. And that Credit Card NPC: never forget.

Dead Space on the other hand: gorgeous to look at with great atmosphere and...laughably linear and constrained "gameplay". Benchmark for the upcoming decade.
You're trolling right? You must be...

News Comments > NECROPOLIS Released
5. Re: NECROPOLIS Released Jul 13, 2016, 03:33 Flo

I actually thought this was produced by Klei Entertainment and bought it instantly. Later realized that it's by Harebrained

News Comments > NECROPOLIS Released
3. Re: NECROPOLIS Released Jul 13, 2016, 02:36 Flo

Played about an hour or so yesterday and didn't get bored. Actually looking forward to returning to it tonight. It's like Rogue Legacy without heirs and with 3D action combat.  

News Comments > DOOM Adds Vulkan Support
32. Re: DOOM Adds Vulkan Support Jul 12, 2016, 15:10 Flo

Simon Says wrote on Jul 12, 2016, 02:28:
Flo wrote on Jul 12, 2016, 02:15:
Anyone got 960gtx results? Otherwise I will post them here in about 8 hours

Looking forward to them!
So after some tests in the hell levels I didn't see any improvements. It runs as good as before but drops to 35-40 FPS at the same points in the maps. That said, it already ran pretty great on high and 2560x1080 on my 960gtx. Usually 60FPS and some drops here and there.

News Comments > DOOM Adds Vulkan Support
21. Re: DOOM Adds Vulkan Support Jul 12, 2016, 02:15 Flo

Anyone got 960gtx results? Otherwise I will post them here in about 8 hours  

News Comments > Splash Damage (and Digital Extremes) Sales
13. Re: Splash Damage (and Digital Extremes) Sales Jul 10, 2016, 06:44 Flo

Ah, Quake Wars, the memories. Played the shit out of this during my university years.  

News Comments > System Shock Specs
12. Re: System Shock Specs Jun 28, 2016, 15:17 Flo

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jun 28, 2016, 12:39:
Flo wrote on Jun 28, 2016, 10:17:
Hate that unity crap, I've experienced micro stutters on Homeworld: Kharak and House of the Dying Sun. No clue how to fix that.

AMD GPU?
Nope, skylake i5 with 960gtx

News Comments > System Shock Specs
2. Re: System Shock Specs Jun 28, 2016, 10:17 Flo

Hate that unity crap, I've experienced micro stutters on Homeworld: Kharak and House of the Dying Sun. No clue how to fix that.  

News Comments > Overwatch Adding 21:9 Ultra Widescreen Support
21. Re: Overwatch Adding 21:9 Ultra Widescreen Support Jun 27, 2016, 06:00 Flo

MattyC wrote on Jun 27, 2016, 03:10:
Flo wrote on Jun 27, 2016, 02:03:
I got a 29" LG curved, it only got 2560x1080 but that's ok for my 960gtx. I love playing ultra-wide games and was very surprised that even older titles like Dead Space support it.

Do you ever watch much media on it? That is my worry with curved and (to a lesser degree) ultra wide displays. I think I would like them for gaming, work would depend on what exactly I was doing that day I guess, but sometimes I watch movies/shows on my PC and sit further back and I just don't think I would like that. Even more so on anything <30.

I mean if it is something I am really into I would just go watch it on my TV anyway, but I was curious.
Not really watching movies on there. Netflix for example does not support 21:9 resolutions, but the amazon web player does.

17. Re: Overwatch Adding 21:9 Ultra Widescreen Support Jun 27, 2016, 02:03 Flo

I got a 29" LG curved, it only got 2560x1080 but that's ok for my 960gtx. I love playing ultra-wide games and was very surprised that even older titles like Dead Space support it.  

1. Re: Overwatch Adding 21:9 Ultra Widescreen Support Jun 26, 2016, 16:44 Flo

Finally!  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
13. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 22, 2016, 13:22 Flo

That OS is the beginning of Microsoft's end. No amount of DX12 and other kind of planned obsolescence is going to force me to ever use it.
If it's the end of Windows then it's because fewer people buy / use PCs and do everything on their phones.
But you know what? I think Microsoft does not care. While the tinfoil people are busy slamming Windows 10 Microsoft is doing some stealth moves to own the backend so that they won't have to rely on OS sales. Plus, personally I love what they're doing in the open source & .NET realm. They really have some great people on those teams.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: edge experiment Jun 22, 2016, 08:20 Flo

Tom wrote on Jun 20, 2016, 22:43:
I'd rather waste battery than use a Microsoft web browser... energy well spent.
Why? At the moment the only problem with Edge for me is that it uses more RAM than chrome.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 18, 2016, 04:16 Flo

shihonage wrote on Jun 18, 2016, 03:13:
If it removes crapware, will it uninstall Win 10 as well?
Sigh

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 14, 2016, 02:42 Flo

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 14:34:
40% smaller.. just more heat issues. No benefit at all...

What's the purpose of a slim one? Does anyone really have problems with the ~3-4 inch thick ones?
Of course this is not the same hardware as in the original XBONE, so probably no heat issues due to a shrinked die and stuff...

1286 Comments. 65 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo