Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mashiki Amiketo

Real Name Mashiki Amiketo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mashiki Amiketo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description --
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 8, 2000, 21:30
Total Comments 4339 (Master)
User ID 2669

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Get The Bureau: XCOM Declassified for Free
7. No subject Dec 1, 2017, 01:56 Mashiki Amiketo

Cutter wrote on Nov 30, 2017, 20:39:

What IGN thing? Anyway, good game. I picked it up ages ago for a fiver or something. Quite enjoyed it actually.
IGN bought HB a month or so back.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 22, 2017, 23:53 Mashiki Amiketo

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 22, 2017, 12:31:
Thank god, we don't want Canada's trash.
Don't worry. Nobody likes the sanctimonious progressive either, unless they're eating their own. Then it's just funny, so hurry up.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
23. No subject Nov 21, 2017, 21:56 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Nov 21, 2017, 10:32:
When you consider that some NES and SNES games sold for $80, which is the equivalent of ~$110-$130 now, yeah, AAA games have actually become a real value.

Those games were $110-130 up in Canada and pretty much everywhere else outside of the US when they were released. Digital distribution did cut around 25% of the costs out of release prices. I77 for example was $92.99. IWAR(Independence War) was 99.99 when it was released up here. Figuring in inflation that would put them in the $145 range pretty quickly.

But let's keep something in mind with this article: The guy is an investor, and he's working from the premise for the company he's working for to try and make EA charge more for the investors represent. Never mind that EA has an excellent market cap and payout.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Op Ed
3. No subject Nov 19, 2017, 14:35 Mashiki Amiketo

Short answer: Probably. Long answer: Yes but, only if the call between EA and Disney is leaked.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > ESA Seeking Final Disabilities Access Waiver Extension
34. No subject Nov 19, 2017, 14:32 Mashiki Amiketo

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 19, 2017, 11:03:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Nov 19, 2017, 08:57:
derp.
we approved of your absence.
When you live in a bubble, contrary views tend to really hurt. Maybe you can watch this video right here, and really think there's millions of nazi's in the US...by millions I mean around 0.0053%(or under 11,000) of the current working class(220m) at best estimate and over-guessing.

jdreyer wrote on Nov 19, 2017, 12:24:

I tire of this. I wasn't a Hill supporter, but:
Did you read the DNC emails? The picture that those paint are wholly different then what you're suggesting, including race rigging -- which is the basis of the civil suit against the DNC itself(there's a couple of those going on). You can always find a synopsis of them, which is probably best since there are a lot of them.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
106. No subject Nov 19, 2017, 09:05 Mashiki Amiketo

NKD wrote on Oct 30, 2017, 00:17:

Your argument is basically "The EC is good because it penalizes my political opponents, who because of their superior numbers would win every time in a purely democratic system." That's how national votes work in a democracy though right? The bigger number wins?

There's no valid argument for a system that pads the vote of a certain group to make things more "competitive." It's not a sports game. We don't care that the game is close or exciting, we just want the vote to accurately represent our voice. If you're worried about how things are going in your state, that's why you have a state government, and state's rights.

If you're winning a national vote by millions, and still losing, your system is broken. And that's happened what, 4 out of the last 6 Presidential elections in the US? A few thousand votes in the "right places" should not be able to swing a national election in such a way that the person who gets the most votes loses.

No. My arguement is the EC makes sure that large urban areas don't suppress urban areas outside of the beltway and make sure they don't suppress rural areas again outside of that beltway. The US is and never has been a democracy, it has and is a republic. Which is probably why you don't get this.

You want someone elected by FFP and most number of votes. If you want to see exactly *how* fucked up that system is, move to Canada. You can enjoy it, while the area you're living in is actually crashing down around you. Come on, come to Ontario. Do it. You'll get everything you want, including the largest sovereign per-capita debt in the western world.

You should be damned glad that there's a counter to "large urban areas." Because if there wasn't, you'd be in my spot complaining about how the cities only give a fuck when it's something they want, and they want it now. And if you don't like it, you're just a bunch of redneck hicks. Never mind we feed your asses.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

105. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2017, 08:59 Mashiki Amiketo

loomy wrote on Oct 30, 2017, 03:47:

so what? THERE ARE MORE PEOPLE THERE. "democracy is too democratic" is NOT a valid argument
That's where you can't figure out why the electoral college exists in the US too right?

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > ESA Seeking Final Disabilities Access Waiver Extension
24. No subject Nov 19, 2017, 08:57 Mashiki Amiketo

NKD wrote on Nov 18, 2017, 21:26:
We wanted Bernie, or someone else who is actually a change from the status quo. Not Robo-Hillary the worlds least convincing android. Hillary had nothing but defeatist rhetoric that promised nothing. The only reason she got any votes is that she was up against Donald Trump, a man who has been a walking joke in this country for 40 years.
And yet...yet...when it came to light that she rigged the primary it was only the fringes that were angry. The establishment inside just waved their hands and said it's okay. Then when it came to light that Sanders actually knew that it was rigged, and got a payment off for it. Democrats still hummed and said wellllll that's okay. And you just had an election for a new party leader and who got elected? More of the same. Face it, the democrats are infested top to bottom and worse off then the republicans. At least they've been challenging people and running primary challengers.

At the rate you're going it's going to take 40 years to fix that party, providing it doesn't collapse under it's own corruption.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

59. No subject Oct 29, 2017, 23:36 Mashiki Amiketo

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 29, 2017, 23:19:
The attempt to impeach Donald Trump my strike you as sour-grapes but there is a strong case to be made that the last election was illegitimate in many ways.]
You mean besides the fact that it also acts as a firewall against large city centres right? Which was also one of the fundamental things right out of the federalist papers. Ask yourself if you're living in Wyoming, whether or not it's fair that California, NY, etc would be able to elect someone to the highest office decade after decade and completely screw you over. EC selection is a bulwark against large-self interested groups in cities.

To compare, now look at Canada, and imagine that you're living in Ontario. There are so many seats in just Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal, that 3 urban centres can effectively lock down the entire electoral process. The vast majority of the country live in a narrow strip between Toronto and Montreal(a bit more then 1/3 of the population). Now think, you're an equal part of confederation/union/etc. But your vote doesn't count, it never counts in a federal election for leadership of the country. Sure you can get a local leader, but that's it. Now just think how long the US would last if you had any other system with the number of states it has.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

56. No subject Oct 29, 2017, 23:19 Mashiki Amiketo

Quboid wrote on Oct 29, 2017, 22:46:

Research what? The threads we've both been a part of? Here, a collection of all your failures and lies.

You lose every argument you don't hide from. You've lost several arguments, hid from another (GamerTics) and been caught in a lie (WSJ didn't say PDP is a Nazi) in this thread alone.
Well look at that a collection of "when will you stop beating your wife posts". See how easy that is, no you probably don't.

Uh-huh. Hid from what gamertics huh? Boy oh boy, you musta been really pissed off about that banner to hang onto something so damn hard. Why don't you go ask them what happened to the site, they still post over on KiA. Never mind that you made bullshit up, you know the
You were so sure that gaming/politics site was trustworthy, yet it all but stopped posting on the 9th Nov. Were you gullible, or were you in on the scam?
Yeah. You know the part where I said regarding it:
Or to boil it down, you supported shitty people. And those shitty people are out there still being harassing scumbags while writing policies(or helping to), and you're supporting a pro-authoritarian agenda.
Things haven't changed, except shitty sites will die and there will occasionally be a dumpster fire like neogaf going down. Or if you prefer, to engage in your lie. The part where "I said they were trustworthy." And didn't, or even imply it.

And you are right, the WSJ didn't outright say pdp was a nazi. They implied it, then painted it in between the lines, used it to crash an advertising deal, and sent reporters to his house for 'his side of the story' after they published it. Not only is that good enough for most to label him as such, other outlets that engage in clickbait outright pushed that narrative. There's no lie there. Which is why you still see the BS 'pdp is a nazi' in various forums.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

54. No subject Oct 29, 2017, 22:28 Mashiki Amiketo

Quboid wrote on Oct 29, 2017, 22:21:
That's not what's happening and you know it.

That's not remotely true and you know it.
Uh-huh. Such is the groundbreaking research that shows nothing for it.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

53. No subject Oct 29, 2017, 22:23 Mashiki Amiketo

robdot wrote on Oct 29, 2017, 21:39:
If you don't think trump is a nazi, just insert the word Jew, every time he says Muslim,or Mexican.
The willfull ignorance of the modern conservative is the single greatest threat to America today. In Ohio,there are hundreds of thousands of people who believe that Hillary is an alien,who runs a child sex ring from pizza parlors. And,,,they will shoot you to prove it. Just google pizzagate.
There's hundreds of thousands of people that think Hillary won the election too. That doesn't make it right, or even correct. Using your reasoning, the greatest threat to democracy is those hundreds of thousands of people who refuse to accept this and are willing to try and impeach a sitting president based on their feelings.

Then again, there were millions of people who also believed that rampant child abuse didn't exist in the catholic church. And many of those people who screeched at the catholic church after that truth came out, are very happy to cover when the same thing is going on in other religious organizations and among specific ethnic groups...just because race or something. Just google rotherham.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

51. No subject Oct 29, 2017, 22:17 Mashiki Amiketo

NKD wrote on Oct 29, 2017, 21:07:

No. Identity politics, at least the kind that people talk about, is the idea that because of your identity, usually race or sexual orientation, your opinion carries more or less weight. It's the idea of subjective truth.

Yeah not even close to it. It's far more reaching then that, where do you think the word identitarian comes from? I'll give you a hint. It doesn't come from race or sexual orientation or 'what you identify' as. I'll give you a second hint, the primary use of identity politics is to create in-groups and ostracize the out-group. Something you're doing by labeling people as nazi's for not having the same view as yours.

I'm labelling you based on your beliefs, not inferring your beliefs based on whatever label you carry for yourself. It's the literal opposite of identity politics. Letting peoples words and actions speak for themselves. You hold repugnant xenophobic beliefs, from what you've said here, so that's the label you get.
So, perhaps you would like me to name you as a bigot? You are being intolerant of a differing view on things. On top of that you have yet to actually say what's "xenophobic" which makes me believe that there's nothing actually at all. Rather you'd just label someone as a nazi because it's far easier then being rational.

What I care about is ideas, and people getting scared that the social landscape of America is changing have really bad ideas.
Then I'm sure you'd be the first one lining up beside Alan Dershowitz.

Beamer wrote on Oct 29, 2017, 21:36:
He still can't figure out what the complaints about pdp are.

There is no intellect in that guy.
Easier to be an intellectual coward for you though right? After all, that would mean you'd have to own up to being wrong multiple times, in multiple threads.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

42. No subject Oct 29, 2017, 20:20 Mashiki Amiketo

NKD wrote on Oct 29, 2017, 19:51:
I'm not sure "People who aren't Nazis" is really selective enough to be an in-group, and is probably not really an identity, since we who aren't Nazis expect those who are to be able to convert out of Naziism. Can't convert out of it if it's part of your identity.

Naziism promotes white identity politics but isn't an identity in itself. It's just a set of ideas. If you hold those ideas, you're a Nazi. You don't have to identify as one to be one.

If someone goes around talking about the free market and quoting Ayn Rand like she had anything worthwhile to say, they're probably a libertarian or ancap, regardless of what they call themselves.

People who worry about keeping America white, Christian, and English-speaking are Nazis.
That's the very core of identity politics talking. You're grouping people that you believe have particular views, then wrapping them up into nice little bundles to make sense for yourself. A person can be a randian, but still be opposed to core parts of libertarian philosophy. Hell you can support libertarian market ideas, while supporting social restrictions on specific parts of that or the other way around.

Nazism doesn't promote white identity politics even of itself. It promotes racial superiority which is a completely different beast. What does that make say Japan then? Nazis? Well possibly right? There's a view in some asian communities that goes like this: "See that Japanese fellow? They're a banana." Or yellow on the outside, white on the inside - or someone who promotes and supports racial superiority. And if "people who worry about keeping america, white, christian and english speaking" are nazis, you're engaging in shit identity politics and you should feel bad. There's nothing naziish even in that, at worst that's ethnocentrism. Something that pretty much every country outside of Europe, Canada, NZ, AUS, and the US practice as state-theory. Even at that, Canada has it's own doctrine of "cultural purity" with a government run ministry(Heritage Canada) to protect it from outside influences and determines what is actual "canadian identity".

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

40. No subject Oct 29, 2017, 19:42 Mashiki Amiketo

NKD wrote on Oct 29, 2017, 19:18:
Pretty sure pointing out your Nazi opinions and saying they lead me to believe you're a Nazi isn't identity politics. None of this is contingent on my identity.

I also find it funny you bring up being "divisive" like it's a bad thing, given your tendency to call anyone who doesn't support an idiotic reality TV star for President "deranged."

"Nazi opinions" like requiring people to follow the law when they want to immigrate? Or believing that multiculturalism is just a shit idea that's backfired. Or was it something else? You're labeling someone a nazi because they don't share the same views/values. You're devaluing what an actual nazi is. On top of that, you're engaging in typical in-group, out-group behavior which is the core of identity politics.

You mean the part where I said a person was engaging in derangement for screeching "impeach trump." Uh-huh. I never said anything about support or no support, that's your own bias you're injecting there.

Beamer wrote on Oct 29, 2017, 19:20:
Guys, stop. He can't even understand why the WSJ would mention that the highest paid influencer, a guy whose audience is largely children, made nazi jokes.

He doesn't even have the brainpower to distinguish between "this guy made nazi jokes" and "this guy is a nazi."

There's no point in giving him attention. Also, a low blow, but remember he hates welfare and government handouts but lives largely on disability, which is a handout. But he gets it, so it's OK. It's the handouts other people get that are the problem.
Don't worry beamer, it's easy to see where you went wrong. His audience isn't children, hasn't been for years. Yeah he's been doing it that long now. Well that's okay, it just shows you're getting old and don't realize it. Just like you have a problem of not getting dark humor along the way as well. Maybe I'll tell you the joke about the two cops, the paramedic and the headless corpse if you ask really nicely.

"Hates welfare and government handouts." Uh-huh. And wait I'm on disability? Damn it, now how the hell have I been working all these years. Oh right, apparently I haven't been working...it's all just a giant fiction. Man I can rest easy and not have to worry about money and just wait for those sweet gov bux to roll in. Or did you confuse yourself with me?

You know what I do find hilarious about all of this? Just how much freaking out you're all doing because there's the possibility that it could be a democrat aligned group going out tomorrow. Or the freakout because the podesta group has spent the last half year retro-filing.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

36. No subject Oct 29, 2017, 19:13 Mashiki Amiketo

Quboid wrote on Oct 29, 2017, 19:04:
Yup, you cited The Daily Stormer.

So, context:
PDP featured because he made antisemitic content.
WSJ featured, indirectly, because they criticised PDP and antisemitism.

Context is key.

Context is that you did cite The Daily Stormer. That you bungled the point you cited it for isn't even relevant.
You mean the part where he made content to just see how far he could push bullshit, in terms of shitty edgelord content that nobody 20 years ago would have batted an eye over? Would that be like the progressive circles screeching that jontron is also a nazi because reasons? No, PDP wasn't featured because he made antisemitic content. He was being mocked and ridiculed, but you might have missed that. The WSJ was featured because they engaged in identity politics. Using your reasoning Mel Brooks is a Nazi because of the video "To be or not to be".

Always good to get the context right isn't it?

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

35. No subject Oct 29, 2017, 19:08 Mashiki Amiketo

NKD wrote on Oct 29, 2017, 18:55:
You might want to refresh yourself on the definition of irony. Hint: It's not me posting something exactly in line with what I have in my sig.

Sig = white identity politics is even worse than normal identity politics.
My post = accuse you of being a white identity politician, i.e. Nazi
Nice identity politics there. Maybe next you could dig that hole twice as deep, because that line of reasoning is sure working out great in politics, society, and sure isn't divisive. Nope, not at all!

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

30. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 29, 2017, 18:51 Mashiki Amiketo

NKD wrote on Oct 29, 2017, 18:45:
Let's not exaggerate. I'm not accusing you of being a secret Nazi. I'm just accusing you of being a Nazi. But now that you mention it, ol' Trump seems to have a lot of support from #FakeAmericans north of the wall.

The solution to the toxicity of identity politics surely isn't to add white identity politics to the mix.

Oh the fucking irony.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

28. No subject Oct 29, 2017, 18:45 Mashiki Amiketo

jdreyer wrote on Oct 29, 2017, 18:33:

The Verge??? That's the source of liberal derangement? I thought they were a tech site. Dizzy
Nah shitty clickbait, kinda like how so many other sites have gone sideways for those sweet-sweet ad-clicks.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

24. No subject Oct 29, 2017, 18:30 Mashiki Amiketo

NKD wrote on Oct 29, 2017, 18:26:

Nah man I get my news from the same place as you: The Daily Stormer and InfoWars.

So NBC, Toronto Star and National Post are the daily stormer and infowars now? Gee who knew, I guess that makes 70% of Canadians secret nazi's.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

4339 Comments. 217 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo