Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mashiki Amiketo

Real Name Mashiki Amiketo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mashiki Amiketo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description --
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 8, 2000, 21:30
Total Comments 4279 (Master)
User ID 2669

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Interviews
8. No subject Oct 6, 2017, 21:11 Mashiki Amiketo

NKD wrote on Oct 6, 2017, 20:40:

Trumpians on reddit seem pretty triggered about it. But I'm sure that's a false flag using fake accounts right? Something something Soros something (((globalists)))?
Unable to find triggered trump supporters on reddit. Looks more like they're too busy laughing at the company who put the "fearless girl" statue in front of the bull, being fined $5m for engaging in discriminatory pay practices against women and minorities. And pointing out the censorship of youtube with their deletion of videos of the black somali 'refugee' that committed a mass-shooting last weekish at a church.

I don't know about you but I was killing Nazis in 1992 on my PC, if I remember the year correctly. It's hardly a new concept or a new disturbing political statement.

There should be only one thing LESS controversial than depicting the murder of Nazis: depicting the re-deadifying of the undead.
Yeah so was I. Like I said, the only disturbing thing that's going on with this is how batshit insane the political left have become at labeling anyone who doesn't bow down to their ideology are nazi's.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Interviews
5. No subject Oct 6, 2017, 20:35 Mashiki Amiketo

NKD wrote on Oct 6, 2017, 20:06:
there's no reason to start getting offended now unless you've started to identify with the Nazi label.

It's not people being offended by this. That's not the actual problem. It's more that people are bothered by the normalization and justification of violence as a political dissent tool. From ~15 years ago with the left lunatic fringe screeching nazi at everyone to the non-fringe left screeching that everyone who disagrees with them(over the last year) is now a nazi. To blackhoodie's who are swearing their allegiance to marx rushing out to assault people over speech -- keeping in mind that anyone to the right of marx is a nazi in their minds*. With people in the press, media, pundits nodding their heads enthusiastically that assaulting people because they're now nazi's is okay.

*Not forgetting that if you have opinions on trans, gay, lesbian, social justice, free speech, gun rights, one of three dozen other things. And you fail to fall in line with their view point of the world, you're also a nazi. Fascism has never been so trendy!

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
11. No subject Oct 6, 2017, 13:13 Mashiki Amiketo

Peter M. Smith wrote on Oct 6, 2017, 11:41:

Please tell me if you ever go to court over this matter. I would love to see the look on your face when the judge explains to you what agreements mean, and the look on your lawyer's face when they get threatened with sanctions.
Here in Canada it doesn't work like that. You don't have a license to use the product, you own the product and have the right to do what you want with that product. It also doesn't work like that in the EU, where licenses are considered products.

Valve can have whatever it wants in it's agreement, but it doesn't supersede the rights granted to you by law. Just like an agreement or license can't force you to waive rights guaranteed by law.

Mileage may vary in the US, but that's your own problem to fix.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 5, 2017, 10:31 Mashiki Amiketo

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 5, 2017, 09:33:
So now they'll drop the price on cancer treatment?
No in 6mo they'll come back and say that the study is flawed because the authors of it screwed up and didn't do their methodology properly. Kinda like the ones that claim video games cause violence, mass shootings, and make men rape women.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
14. No subject Oct 5, 2017, 10:26 Mashiki Amiketo

NKD wrote on Oct 1, 2017, 23:36:
And replaced it with our own mass genocides, slave trading, and rape culture? Pretty sure whatever genocidal rapist slavers got here first still get to claim ownership. Let's not pretend like colonial America was the height of moral supremacy. In fact it was mostly people too religiously backwards and morally bankrupt to be tolerated in Europe.

There is zero moral justification for European colonization of America and displacement/extermination of the natives. Not much we can do about it now, but we can at least not bitch about small inconveniences visited on us by Native Americans.

You mean besides that it was the standard of pretty much all cultures of the time? All of them. It was also "whitey" european culture that turned around and started banning the practices that happened. It wasn't "we wuz kangs" in africa stopping slavery. Nope still doing it to this day. They sure aren't stopping genocide either.

Oh there's justification for it. That justification is "that's how the world used to work." You should be happy that it doesn't anymore at least in the civilized world. If you think we didn't learn from our fuckups, and imposed that on others you're fooling yourself.

Beamer wrote on Oct 2, 2017, 07:37:
Yup, because we came in with our own slave trading and rape culture, and started a mass genocide on them!

Not really certain what MA thinks he's proving, but he'll probably deny that the US has any history of the above.
Don't worry beamer. I'm proving that your understanding of history is as narrow as a grain of rice.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > New Star Trek Online Season
8. No subject Oct 4, 2017, 23:00 Mashiki Amiketo

Rigs wrote on Oct 4, 2017, 17:12:
I still hold out hope that one day we'll get that Bridge Commander MMO we all want. That Star Trek VR game is a step in the right direction but it needs to be more than a novelty toy...I mean, it's 2017, surely by now we could have had that ultimate Star Trek sim? Right?

=-Rigs-=

The utlimate bridge commander was Klingon Academy.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode
24. No subject Oct 4, 2017, 22:58 Mashiki Amiketo

Acleacius wrote on Oct 4, 2017, 10:47:
Isn't all this bullshit (creation club) what's causing the Skyrim Script Extender from working, which prevents the majority of real mods from working?

The updates to the exe are. The special ed., is between oldrim and FO4 in terms of functions, even though it's x64. That meant that the script extender had to be rebuilt from the ground up for both x64 versions. When the game is updated, it has a tendency to change where the hooks were used by the script extender. The priority is still working SE, followed by working skyui(with MCM support). Once it's done it's all downhill adding functions back in.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
7. No subject Oct 1, 2017, 21:20 Mashiki Amiketo

NKD wrote on Oct 1, 2017, 20:45:
If there was any justice the Native Americans would have all our asses deported, so I'm not going to complain.
That before or after we stopped their mass genocides, slave trading, and tribal rape culture?

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Fallout Turning 20: Get a Free Copy
6. No subject Sep 30, 2017, 02:21 Mashiki Amiketo

MeanJim wrote on Sep 29, 2017, 23:49:
so I don't understand why they didn't add the children back.

Because "killing kids are bad" even when they pick your pockets obviously. You're supposed to just run past them, not give them a hot potato.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER II Launched
11. No subject Sep 30, 2017, 02:20 Mashiki Amiketo

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 30, 2017, 01:28:

Yeah, but pirated versions don't get access to mods.. which considering how many of those I used in Warhammer 1, is a huge negative point.

Ps.: The game actually runs substantially better than Warhammer 1
Well mods aren't on the table for Warhammer 2 yet. They "likely will be" but that doesn't mean much. Even at that, you really have no idea how vast the internet really is. Doing a quick search you can find all of the xcom 2 WoC and newest stellaris mod's available outside of the workshop.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Fallout Turning 20: Get a Free Copy
2. No subject Sep 29, 2017, 21:20 Mashiki Amiketo

GinRummy wrote on Sep 29, 2017, 20:19:
Nice birthday present from them. Already had mine, thanks, but would be nice if other publishers did similar promotions.
Heads up that this is the censored version. Though FIXT works to uncensor it.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER II Launched
9. No subject Sep 29, 2017, 03:34 Mashiki Amiketo

Darks wrote on Sep 28, 2017, 21:15:
Shit, this bitch has already been cracked. that has to be some kind of new record for cracking Denuvo.

LMFAO!!!
Yeah it is. Took 9-10hrs to crack it, and it's the newest version of denuvo no less, which operates inside a virtual machine(don't worry it won't impact performance guys...really). Bet the guys in their office are panicking now, they screeched from the rooftop that "it was the best copy protection evar" then changed their mind with a "it's only meant to stop it the first few weeks..." Maybe they can go with first few hours or something?

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Skyrim Special Edition Adding Survival Mode
11. No subject Sep 28, 2017, 08:06 Mashiki Amiketo

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 28, 2017, 07:45:
Ah, then I was thinking about SkyUI probably....

SkyUI upto v2.02 works fine in the SE. And with the alpha release of the SE, SkyUI5.0 works 90% or so. For anyone who's not been paying attention to it the current SE team priority is: SKSE64 to stable w/SkyUI 5.0. Once that's done it's all downhill and adding functions back in. So many mods require the mcm built into skyui that once it's working to 100% almost everything can be ported.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. No subject Sep 27, 2017, 11:15 Mashiki Amiketo

PHJF wrote on Sep 27, 2017, 10:25:
In an interview with The Washington Post in 2016, Horner said he thought Trump won the White House because of him.

Massive regret at having helped birth this fucking sideshow of an administration?
Pretty funny that you're taking the word of a serial liar as gospel, even when he said he's a serial liar. That derangement syndrome is pretty bad.

Oh and enjoy "his website". When you find more BS that counters what he says, don't worry. Just realize you're duped and living in a mass hysteria bubble.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Overwatch Free Weekend Underway
4. No subject Sep 23, 2017, 16:04 Mashiki Amiketo

Ant wrote on Sep 23, 2017, 15:59:
Thanks. Its battle.net software is bloated, annoying, buggy, etc. when I used it last year for its Overwatch free weekend #1.

It's got a smaller memory footprint than origin(60MB) and steam now(80MB in beta), just under 40MB and the last 8mo or so have seen huge improvements in stability and proper thread handling during idle.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn Rises
10. No subject Sep 21, 2017, 21:02 Mashiki Amiketo

Burrito of Peace wrote on Sep 21, 2017, 12:51:

New Horizons? That would make the Borg better but I think they are focusing on spit and polish right now.
NH is still in early beta, lots of stuff needs work on from balance to WIP text fillers.

As for whether or not it's playable start-to-finish? Yeah...and no. Still missing lots of content, lot of flavor context they're adding in too.

Simon Says wrote on Sep 21, 2017, 18:00:
Has combat been fixed yet? I tried it last year, balance was practically non-existent, the combat mechanics sucked and the corvette spam was pretty much an "I win button".
Corvette spam is dead now, and weapon upgrades were fully reworked. Going over your fleet cap is also more punishing.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn Rises
4. No subject Sep 21, 2017, 12:42 Mashiki Amiketo

Should make the star trek TC much easier for the developers, especially with the ability to assimilate pops built into the base game now.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Fallout 4 Review Fallout
37. No subject Sep 21, 2017, 02:32 Mashiki Amiketo

NKD wrote on Sep 20, 2017, 13:34:
Deserved by whom? The developers? Maybe. Or the consumer who is just trying to find honest reviews about a product, not a bunch of fucking spam? And who decides? Some autistic fuckwits on /v/?

Maybe you should be asking the question: "Why are all these people pissed off and being vocal about it. Especially that guy, with 1500 hours played." Instead of thinking it's "some autistic fuckwits."

No no, I understand, it's because it's difficult to figure out why people are pissed off and giving a developer the middle finger. And asking yourself the tough question: "Do I really want to support this bullshit if I'm a customer."

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
18. No subject Sep 20, 2017, 09:26 Mashiki Amiketo

Orogogus wrote on Sep 20, 2017, 08:35:

I don't see anything in there where he put it in the public domain. Part of copyright is that you can give permission for other people to use it. That doesn't mean you give it up. It seems to me that he gave permission for people on 4chan to use his design, for posting on 4chan.

2. Again, he hasn't abandoned his copyright. He never said he gave up all his rights to his creation or ceded it into the public domain, which is what it would take. With the most generous reading in the world, you can willfully ignore the context of 4chan in the profit question and read that he gave permission for anyone to profit off his work, but that still doesn't cancel out his rights of ownership.

3. It seems like he does have an abandoned trademark (link) but you can see that it's for the actual name, "Pepe the Frog" (hence the description of the typeset). That generally would have protected against Disney or the like making a character called "Pepe the Frog" and doesn't relate to the artwork.

"People of 4chan" is the internet. Think on it this way, 4chan is one of the heaviest trafficked sites in the world. 4chan considers as part of their manifesto to be "a website anyone can use." By granting 4chan use, he's effectively given the internet and everyone the right to use it. Since there's no way to define "who" uses 4chan except anyone with an internet connection that leaves it open to anybody.

He did actually abandon his copyright. See the existing case of pillsbury vs milkyway if you need an in-depth example of how an entity who doesn't defend their copyright and it "gains a life of it's own" can't retroactively try to claim copyright on it.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
16. No subject Sep 20, 2017, 06:53 Mashiki Amiketo

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Sep 19, 2017, 13:11:

This is exactly why I was asking. I looked around a bit, but don't see anything about him putting Pepe in the public domain, so I had no idea what he was talking about. As far as I can tell, that never happened.
Read the article I linked. He placed it into the public domain himself, abandoned the copyright himself, and has never defended the trademark.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

4279 Comments. 214 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo