Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mashiki Amiketo

Real Name Mashiki Amiketo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mashiki Amiketo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description --
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 8, 2000, 21:30
Total Comments 4227 (Master)
User ID 2669

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > XCOM 2: War of the Chosen for Windows Released
40. No subject Aug 30, 2017, 06:44 Mashiki Amiketo

El Pit wrote on Aug 30, 2017, 02:26:
It is only 5% off at GMG for me. What am I doing wrong? Well, in this case I will wait for a sale. Got dozens of games on my backlist to play, so I can wait for a more reasonable price.
Check to make sure you're logged in? If not fire them off an email, there's been cases where discounts aren't applied properly. They'll tell you to buy it and then just refund the difference or give you credit in most cases.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > XCOM 2: War of the Chosen for Windows Released
38. No subject Aug 30, 2017, 02:01 Mashiki Amiketo

Flatline wrote on Aug 29, 2017, 12:22:

Ah. The Canada Tax. That blows.

The kicker: "Regional pricing will make it more fair!" Actual price that it should be listed as: $49CAD vs $40 USD, since the Canadian dollar has gone up by a considerable amount in the last half year.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Trailer
6. No subject Aug 28, 2017, 23:00 Mashiki Amiketo

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 28, 2017, 21:03:

Not that you ever had ANY credentials to begin with but IF you had any credentials, and RPG credentials in particular, then they would now be considered revoked and trashed .
The original DOS had some serious problems, especially the ending which was just a gigantic clusterfuck that made no sense. The patched and and enhanced version on the other hand was very good, including rewriting the entire ending. The music was also top notch, something that can make or break a crpg.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > XCOM 2 Free Weekend
8. No subject Aug 25, 2017, 10:34 Mashiki Amiketo

El Pit wrote on Aug 25, 2017, 09:13:
Of course, I played the game on regular difficulty and guess that the turn limit will be a bigger pain the lower back region at higher difficulties - but isn't the game meant to be harder at higher difficulty settings?

Yeah it is. A huge pain in the ass unfortunately, but it does give an idea or feeling that you're in a rush against time/things are far worse then suspected.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Tropico 6 Trailer
7. No subject Aug 24, 2017, 09:55 Mashiki Amiketo

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 24, 2017, 06:40:
started to be a good series, obviously Tropico 2 - Pirate Cove. ^^

Ps.: And one last thing, this Tropico 6 isn't developed by the makers of Tropico 3/4/5 .. so yeh. Maybe it will be worth to consider as a new fun and different entry in the series after all

Yeah that was quite fun. Thing is the developer of Tropico 6, has done nothing but M&M games which seem to have mediocre reviews, lots of complaints of bugs and so on. So really it could be a dismal failure, or it could be a break that they need too. Looks like the reason though that Haemimont Games isn't developiing Tropico 6 is they're already working on a project "Surviving Mars."

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

5. No subject Aug 24, 2017, 06:27 Mashiki Amiketo

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 24, 2017, 05:44:
Tropico 4 had 11 DLC releases spanning over 3 years, and with Tropico 5 you had another. let me count.. 12 DLC releases

He was playing at the fact that this is nothing more than just another "same old" release, aside from a few new buildings this looks exactly like Tropico 5 and 4.

Basically, they are selling the same game slightly changed for 6+ years now.

So you're upset that they've cornered a particular market and are making money? Or that it's not really yearly releases like they implied? Never mind that people were more upset with the feature retraction in 5 vs 4, which caused them to patch in a bunch of stuff free too. Out of curiosity then, just how far do you think they should move to make the game into something that isn't the same? Bail on the audience that likes the title the way it is, or simply piss off everyone pull an EA/Bioware and fuck everything up.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

3. No subject Aug 23, 2017, 22:49 Mashiki Amiketo

The_Pink_Tiger wrote on Aug 23, 2017, 19:46:
The Tropico games are fun, but they are killing it with these yearly releases.

2009 - Tropico 3
2011 - Tropico 4
2014 - Tropico 5

"Yearly releases."

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
12. No subject Aug 23, 2017, 22:42 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Aug 23, 2017, 14:50:

Yeah, but it's also Cutter and MA, who seem incapable of reading articles.

Kotaku doesn't contain articles. It contains prose in the guise of something useful, I can get why you'd like it.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
2. No subject Aug 23, 2017, 11:12 Mashiki Amiketo

Their apology should have simply been "fuck you."  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Cities: Skylines - Green Cities Announced
7. No subject Aug 23, 2017, 09:19 Mashiki Amiketo

Creston wrote on Aug 22, 2017, 12:30:
In the US, it will be the Trump City Edition, where everything runs on coal.
In Canada it'll be where 50% of your electricity is generated by nuclear, and green energy that makes up under 15% raises the price by 70%. The future of being screwed is already here gents.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION Announced
1. No subject Aug 21, 2017, 11:46 Mashiki Amiketo

Nice it's coming off the console. Sucks to have nvidia's special little fuckup package.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
13. No subject Aug 5, 2017, 11:50 Mashiki Amiketo

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 5, 2017, 11:34:

In my neck of the woods inflicting harm or not helping when a person is in need gets you into trouble. But the USA has always been focused on "freedom" and less on "protection" with their laws. The case of those 5 black youths laughing as someone was dying is a good example of something that you would have a hard time to pursue even in Germany, yeah you could get them into trouble for not helping, but being a total inhuman asshole is not illegal sadly.

In this case however, she did plan the murder and convinced the dude to go through with it, that's a totally different legal situation. Helping someone to kill himself IS actually illegal.

Germany doesn't have a criminal negligence standard? If that case happened in Canada, that's what they'd be charged with. An example from here would be the women who stopped her car on a curve to help ducks cross the road, and killed 2 people. It's one of the reasons that Good Samaritan laws exist as well, to protect people who do assist someone and causes harm.

Not quite, counseling suicide is illegal. It didn't meet that standard, though that might change if it hits an appeals court too.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. No subject Aug 5, 2017, 11:45 Mashiki Amiketo

Remember: Shade #14 welding goggles/face helmet is the minimum you should use when looking at the solar eclipse.

The last solar eclipse that I remember was back when I was in high school still in the 90's, if you've never seen one and plan to see it outdoor bring a light jacket, the temperature drops quite a bit when it happens.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
11. No subject Aug 5, 2017, 09:26 Mashiki Amiketo

1badmf wrote on Aug 5, 2017, 00:51:
absolutely wrong. free speech is not unlimited. inciting harm is absolutely against the law.

Maybe in your neck of the woods, in mine too. In the US, it requires a higher standard. This doesn't meet that standard, if you believe otherwise then it's simple. Prove it, because you're going to have one hell of a time getting around the case precedents that say otherwise.

The thing is this isn't just a prosecutor trying to make a name for themselves, this is also a case of the judge creating laws from the bench because of agenda surfing. The current hot topic agenda: "cyber bullying" of course.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Geordi La Forge Joining Star Trek Online
10. No subject Aug 4, 2017, 10:26 Mashiki Amiketo

Jivaro wrote on Aug 4, 2017, 08:26:
Despite it's many flaws, I find this game to be fairly entertaining in bursts. I have no idea what "endgame" or guild content is like but leveling up and Foundry stuff was fun.

End game is pretty much like any other MMO. Grind for lewt. Though in some cases it's pay2win lewt.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > On Sale
2. No subject Aug 1, 2017, 05:00 Mashiki Amiketo

Book bundle is also good if you want to learn "how" games work, or want to make your own too.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Casey Hudson Returning to BioWare as GM
3. No subject Jul 18, 2017, 17:41 Mashiki Amiketo

Jivaro wrote on Jul 18, 2017, 17:20:
..or worse...double down on it's current direction.

Mass Effect 5: If you thought no base building was bad...

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > StarCraft Remastered on August 14; Price Revealed
15. No subject Jun 30, 2017, 15:18 Mashiki Amiketo

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 30, 2017, 14:18:

(does Blizzard ever even do sales?) or gunnah grab a cheap key from a key seller site not giving a fuck how legit it may be.

Yeah they do sales all the times though sometimes they get missed here on BN. Keep an eye on /r/gamedeals or make yourself a simple script to pull prices daily using greasemonkey.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Star Trek Online Season 13.5 Plans
3. No subject Jun 28, 2017, 22:22 Mashiki Amiketo

Simon Says wrote on Jun 28, 2017, 21:34:
Slightly, once you're done with the storyline, it gets dull real fast, there's no endgame other than endless grinding and powercreep.

Yeah that's really the big problem with it. The story isn't bad though and is quite fun, and ground combat is apparently leagues better then at release. Though I started playing around season 7ish or something like that. But I haven't played since season 10? or season 11.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Op Ed
50. No subject Jun 26, 2017, 05:52 Mashiki Amiketo

Cutter wrote on Jun 25, 2017, 21:48:
Mash, you're one of the few people around here I respect but how do you know any better than the rest of us what the state of their finances are? Sure you can secure loans to write off taxes against the principle, but they're also a last ditch effort of companies in trouble. The reality is no one beyond CR and said bankers know for sure. It's one or the other, and unless CR allows his backers that information than, yeah, you can bet they're in financial trouble. And if it wasn't the latter why weren't they above board with this in the first place? The whole thing reeks of scam at this point more-so than it ever did.

There's more info out there that let's me get a better guess on the state of everything. You can read their reasoning including the filing history. A lot of what's in the article is wrong because the author of the article doesn't understand the terms that are in use. To borrow from the kia thread on it:

Collateral means the Chargor's right, title and interest in and to the property charged pursuant to Clauses 4.1 and 4.2 hereof and the property assigned pursuant to the Clause 5 hereof; excluding in all cases the Excluded Collateral;
Excluded Collateral means the assets that have been charged pursuant to the Nat West Security Agreement; and all Intellectual Property Rights and all exploitation and distribution and other rights and all title, interest and materials with respect to the video game provisionally entitle "Star Citizen";"

In other words, the entire article is pretty much garbage. They may be in trouble, but I doubt it. The money that they're pulling in monthly doesn't reflect that, on top of that the terms of the loan for payment are more then the standard working day period. Which means that the bank believes they have the ability to pay beyond the grace with their current finances. Not gonna say I'm right or wrong, it could be both or not at all though.

CIG's clarification also add's more to this showing that they want to get a head and cash in for tax rebates, plus high-flux of the current exchange rates. And having played forex markets a bit, their move is smart especially the closer that things move towards brexit and May's complete and total disastrous fuckup by running that election as she did.

I will say though I didn't back this at the start, and I still haven't. But we'll see in time as to how this all shakes out.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

4227 Comments. 212 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo