Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mashiki Amiketo

Real Name Mashiki Amiketo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mashiki Amiketo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description --
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 8, 2000, 21:30
Total Comments 4227 (Master)
User ID 2669

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > On Windows 10 Game Stuttering
10. No subject Sep 11, 2017, 15:15 Mashiki Amiketo

panbient wrote on Sep 11, 2017, 12:40:
Same as it doesn't seem to matter how many times I uncheck the 'download automatically' option for Radeon drivers (I'm on legacy hardware) it still keeps ignoring the actual user options and automatically downloading the update.

There's a very strong chance that it isn't the AMD driver doing it, rather it's Windows 10 doing it. Will walk you through disabling it. And that was one of the biggest complaints was MS pushing driver updates out and breaking shit, especially with power users and businesses that had to have particular drivers in use for something.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Combat Trailer
12. No subject Sep 11, 2017, 12:33 Mashiki Amiketo

Creston wrote on Sep 11, 2017, 12:08:
God almighty, that voice...

Is this turn-based or real time?

It's turn based with action points similar to Fallout/2/etc. One of the great tricks with D:OS, and D:OS2 is if you have a high initiative, or you can 'bump' the enemies initiative down you can make more moves before their turn comes up. That does mean though, that AP's still build up if you push them further down the turn line.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > On Windows 10 Game Stuttering
5. No subject Sep 11, 2017, 12:12 Mashiki Amiketo

aka_STEVE wrote on Sep 11, 2017, 11:42:
99% of it is that they chose to enable 'ON' by default the game dvr app that constantly records video of you gaming ....

What a brilliant choice MS

Likely that's what is happening. And depending on your card(nvidia or amd), there's also an app that does the same thing. So now they're fighting for resources. Plus razer's app does it as well.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Combat Trailer
10. No subject Sep 11, 2017, 10:16 Mashiki Amiketo

Dentorro wrote on Sep 11, 2017, 07:30:
I never got far in the first game, once I arrived in the first? city I was stuck running around talking to people to try and get some quests sorted, if you wandered outside the walls you got smashed to pieces without any chance of winning by some mobs 4-5 lvl's higher then you.

Every RPG I've ever played has been like that. Hell even the Witcher is like that. FYI D:OS2 weighs in at 35GB.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Out of the Blue
42. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2017, 04:27 Mashiki Amiketo

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 8, 2017, 21:28:
You say be careful to avoid them but you've been on them for eight years? Not trying to contradict anything you said, just sounded strange. If you been on a serious pain killer for 8 years I assume you have a serious pain issue, sorry to hear that.

Yep, you're not contradicting anything just speaking from personal experience. Tramadol was considered a "safe" alternative for serious pain compared to oxycodone for example. Of course now that it's been in use and doctors at the recommendation of those studies started using it a lot, it's not. Especially the withdrawal and some other issues. I do have a serious pain issue, chronic migraines. They're almost bad enough to put me on disability. Right up around 15-18/month, not counting the other meds(topiramate for example) I take to reduce the frequency and side effects from the migraines. Thanks though. Luckily I can take the stuff plain without tylenol, one of the most common combinations is tylenol+tramadol(325mg/50mg) mixed. It get's hard on the stomach very quickly.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

30. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 8, 2017, 18:33 Mashiki Amiketo

Cutter wrote on Sep 8, 2017, 13:14:
Fortunately I also had a bunch of clove oil around and that stuff really works amazingly well. I put a few drops om the tooth and it was good for several hours.

Just a heads up, avoid tramadol for pain relief if they offer it. It's considered one of the hardest pain killers to get off of, and the withdrawal symptoms are among the worst. One of the guys at the pain clinic was on it for nearly a decade. Even using the "15% reduction per week" he said it was like constantly having the flu. At one point the withdrawal had him up for 90hrs straight, and he couldn't sleep at all. Had to goto the hospital to be sedated.

I've been on them for about 8years, if you're "at the same dose" all the time you don't notice it, but the second you miss it, it feels like you're coming down with a cold. You just feel shitty and it goes downhill from there. It feels like you're coming down with a cold or flu, nausea waves, headaches, just plain shit. Even people who've only used it for a month find the withdrawal very hard.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. No subject Sep 8, 2017, 06:00 Mashiki Amiketo

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 7, 2017, 20:00:
The only person mad at Amazon is the dotus and that's because the Washington Post publishes factual articles about that idiot.
Which is why they've had to retract more articles in the last 9 months then the last 8 years right?

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

15. No subject Sep 8, 2017, 05:59 Mashiki Amiketo

The Half Elf wrote on Sep 7, 2017, 19:46:

Mashiki for 400 bucks I'll drive down to Florida and board it up for ya!
I like paying the neighbors kids, they're just in their 2nd year of high school and it gives them some extra money on the side. You know what it's like at that age.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

9. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 7, 2017, 14:37 Mashiki Amiketo

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 7, 2017, 14:23:
I hope for Floridians, Irma avoids land fall. However, I have to admit a morbid curiosity as to what would happen if Irma's eye went right through downtown Miami...

Well Andrew('92) only missed it by 35 miles, so that should give you a pretty good guess. Only thing I can say is it'll be interesting to see if my property there survives, if not oh well it's insured and I'm not there anyway. Neighbor's kids boarded it all up for me, and I paid them $400 to do it and I can trust them.

The only upside is that this hurricane is hitting so early in the season. Otherwise you'd also have to be dealing with the large numbers of snowbirds. Zephyrhills for instance would be really bad if this was say 3-4 weeks later, their pop increases by something like 250k people in the winter.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. No subject Sep 7, 2017, 13:01 Mashiki Amiketo

Cutter wrote on Sep 7, 2017, 11:33:
Google and MS in particular need to be regulated. Yeah, like that'll ever happen given the current state of American politics.
Considering that Google and Amazon are managing to piss off people on both sides of the spectrum, it's more likely then not. Probably going to take a few more years, but there's a lot of complaints on just how much pull both companies have with the FCC right now too. MS on the other hand is playing a very low-key and cool game right now to make any waves.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
2. No subject Sep 7, 2017, 12:59 Mashiki Amiketo

Cutter wrote on Sep 7, 2017, 11:43:
I'm utterly amazed that anyone would have ever used it to begin with. Fuck that was always really annoying with AMD nagging you to install that shit every time you upgrade drivers.
Had some uses, I got more then a few games for free out of it and a bunch of free ships from it for ST:Online. Most people have moved to Razer's thing for their free shit though.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. No subject Sep 6, 2017, 12:57 Mashiki Amiketo

That won't be abused. Not at all, nope.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > The Witcher Turning 10
22. No subject Sep 6, 2017, 12:54 Mashiki Amiketo

Slashman wrote on Sep 5, 2017, 09:51:
Played all of them. Loved all of them. Need to finish the expansions Smitten

Blood and Wine in itself could have been a separate game. The detail itself and story writing is something I haven't seen in an "expansion" in years. Probably the closest thing to it would be BG2:ToB in terms of really adding value to the game.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > The Witcher Turning 10
13. No subject Sep 5, 2017, 07:08 Mashiki Amiketo

jdreyer wrote on Sep 4, 2017, 17:30:
So, the Witcher. Never played. Is it good?

The first game has a curve. You'll either love it or hate it. I used to hate it, but once you get past the first act it becomes much better. I enjoyed it far more after I read the books(which are worth reading, eng. translations including fan translations are out there). The second is far more linear, you're going from point a to point b, with quests on the side. It's a tale of two stories, but they both have some yet no impact on the 3rd game. You played a part, but your actions aren't enough to change the world too much. The third? The story is somewhat linear, the choices you make to have consequences but they're not felt in a "huge" difference to the outside world. The VO's, in-game cuts, all well done.

What makes the 3rd one unique is the detail to the side quests, they're not randomly generated but rather each one has it's own dialog, different problem. The world is big, vast, wandering off the path will kill you. But even then if you're smart, the enemy 20 levels above you can still be killed with patience.

Also, the quest with Roach(your horse) in Blood and Wine is just amazing.

Oh and this is the reason why people love CD Projekt, well that and they respond to fan mail and post cards. I sent them one a few years ago for Witcher 2 and they sent one back.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Character and CE Unveiled
12. No subject Sep 2, 2017, 10:30 Mashiki Amiketo

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 1, 2017, 17:07:
Yeah the finished game is a couple weeks away. It's been in EA for a while now. But yes those are some top-shelf CRPG Skelo-characters.

Just remember, if you're gonna play skelo-glow's, rip someone's face off so you don't get attacked.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Sonic Mania DRM Issues
12. No subject Aug 31, 2017, 04:32 Mashiki Amiketo

Suppa7 wrote on Aug 31, 2017, 03:38:
No dumbass, you can even look at the pirate bay to see the release, any CPY release means a denuvo release. Mankind divided had denuvo and was cracked.
Which is why it says: "SKIDROW" "Looking for nothing but competition" rite? Though the 1.0 release had denuvo, and it doesn't use it now. It was also cracked in record time, don't let your own ignorance get in the way.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

10. No subject Aug 31, 2017, 01:53 Mashiki Amiketo

MeanJim wrote on Aug 30, 2017, 15:27:

Yes, in a way it does not allow offline gameplay. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided has Denuvo, and it's also not listed on its Steam store page.

It doen't use denuvo. It only uses the steam-drm, you can find that out yourself by using a skiffer. The pre-release copies given to game journos/reviewers used denuvo to stop leaks.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

7. No subject Aug 30, 2017, 12:27 Mashiki Amiketo

El Pit wrote on Aug 30, 2017, 11:30:
I don't know much about Denuvo - what is the problem with it? Does it forbid offline gameplay?

Depends on how they implement it. It can mean more CPU uptime if they use exe encoding. Which means the exe is in a wraper, then run in a virtual environment by the DRM to be executed. There's active crc checks against various assets used by the game(disk thrashing). Randomized movement of the exe in memory(more cpu cycles eaten), and so on. As for offline gameplay? Depends, it can but not always. Look at the implementation of Total War: Warhammer which used it. Everything about it was broken, from multiplayer to the game itself along with all the DLC which was encrypted too.

It doesn't add "virtual" system like starforce, or securom though. But since it's a challenge to crackers, you can bet it'll be broken in the next 48hrs. There's a couple of circumvents for it already floating around according to One Angry Gamer (fyi before someone gets their panties in a twist blue has posted articles from his site before) and there's no links. An archive incase you can't get to it since it's being hammered: http://archive.is/07R9A

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > XCOM 2: War of the Chosen for Windows Released
42. No subject Aug 30, 2017, 09:27 Mashiki Amiketo

SpectralMeat wrote on Aug 30, 2017, 07:54:
Yeah it's weird. Steam used to be on top of regional pricing when it came to exchange rate, but not lately.
With the 15% off at GMG it works out to be $42CDN vs $54CDN via Steam.

Well companies set the price, so it's more likely a case that they think they can skim a couple of extra bucks by leaving the price up vs the currency conversion.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Fallout 4 Creation Club Beta
14. No subject Aug 30, 2017, 06:47 Mashiki Amiketo

Creston wrote on Aug 29, 2017, 13:53:
Bullshit. Some of the absolute finest modders applied and got told "Your stuff isn't really what we're looking for." Ie, your stuff isn't vapid, empty bullshit we can sell for a few easy dollars.

The thread in the mod author sections of the nexus have a lot of livid authors at the moment. So yeah, a few of them did apply to have their stuff in there and got a response close to or that. Well if they wanted to burn community good will they're going about it the right way, 12 or 13 pages of raging so far.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

4227 Comments. 212 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo