Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mashiki Amiketo

Real Name Mashiki Amiketo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mashiki Amiketo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description --
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 8, 2000, 21:30
Total Comments 4051 (Master)
User ID 2669

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. No subject Aug 17, 2016, 08:18 Mashiki Amiketo

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 16, 2016, 19:52:
Ok so my neighbor and I went and saw Suicide Squad today. (He's an awesome special needs kid who loves comic book movies). ....
Love to see a Blu-ray version with the other cut of the film.

Thanks for the micro-review, a buddy of mine and I are planning to go see it tomorrow, at least we won't be disappointed with it.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mass Effect Remasters Hint
15. No subject Aug 17, 2016, 02:32 Mashiki Amiketo

NegaDeath wrote on Aug 17, 2016, 00:13:
Honestly the only one that could use a "remaster" is ME1. It was mechanically clunky and from what I recall pretty crashy.

ME has a bug with newer AMD processors that causes characters to black out in one portion of the game as well. But I can't remember a single crash I've ever had with ME1 outside of it being a HUD overlay problem(steam/origin's crap), or the dreaded quick-swap crash bug which was finally fixed in ME3.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

4. No subject Aug 16, 2016, 11:44 Mashiki Amiketo

Redwood wrote on Aug 16, 2016, 11:13:
Be aware that LED bulbs will fade over time as well. Maybe they eventually go out, but really they primarily just get dimmer. That's no reason at all to stay away, just something to be aware of. If you feel the lights are dimmer in a few years, it's not you losing your mind. Well, at least not for that reason.

Keep an eye on the company you buy them from, some have a warranty against fading for x years. The first and 2nd gen CREE bulbs and the phillips bulbs that I currently have warranty fade for 5 years and lifetime against failure. Also, the whiter the light the less you're going to notice it fading. I know a lot of people like warm light, but I find that the closer to white light you get the better and they're not so aggravating on my migraines. Upside, I've yet to have a LED cause either a headache or migraine like the old CFL's.

Also, if you're in Canada keep an eye out for "Energy Star" rebates. You can buy the bulbs(LED and CFL) for a couple of bucks or even pennies when the rebate periods are on, no mail in junk just take the coupon with you.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Specs and Preloads
17. No subject Aug 12, 2016, 03:33 Mashiki Amiketo

jdreyer wrote on Aug 12, 2016, 00:45:
Jeez I haven't played the last one yet. Funny I was just looking at it this morning thinking I would start it this weekend.

You can beat the game in around 60-80hrs if you're one of those I've got to hunt for everything, must play pacifist, get all achievements first play through, types of people. 25hrs or so for a normal play through is what you should expect on the first game.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. No subject Aug 10, 2016, 11:38 Mashiki Amiketo

Could coverage of video game websites follow??

Nope. Wikipedia can't write about current events without injecting some form of bias and banning/sanctioning everyone that disagrees.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
14. No subject Aug 10, 2016, 01:12 Mashiki Amiketo

BitWraith wrote on Aug 9, 2016, 21:11:
Yeah, blame science education for that one...

I think the dialog between Trever and Floyd in GTAV sums it up a bit better.
Floyd: "You ever play animal, mineral or vegtable?" "I'm nanotechnology!"
Trevor: "You're what?"

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > AMD Crimson Drivers Hotfix
2. No subject Aug 10, 2016, 00:38 Mashiki Amiketo

Pr()ZaC wrote on Aug 9, 2016, 15:16:
Firefox fixed? Finally!
Now nvidia just needs to catch up.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > StarCraft HD Next Month?
20. No subject Aug 5, 2016, 23:15 Mashiki Amiketo

Agent.X7 wrote on Aug 5, 2016, 11:25:
I wish they would just redo them all in the new engines so you can at least SEE them on modern PCs. I tried to play SC, but man it was too hard on my eyes.

That's because all the games were made for the era when we still had interlacing. It's just a pain in the ass.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

7. No subject Aug 2, 2016, 11:33 Mashiki Amiketo

Well no biggie for MTV, it's dead now. All it is these days is race baiting and telling people they're privileged if they're white, and why that's very bad.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

17. No subject Aug 2, 2016, 00:43 Mashiki Amiketo

HoSpanky wrote on Aug 1, 2016, 16:27:
The Paving Army is neat to watch. They're not covering a damaged layer, they just didn't show the day before when they stripped the top off. We have road crews here that block off a section of road in the morning, strip it, resurface and press it and it's ready to go the next day. I'm not sure how long that paving will last, but it's fast and seems to have held up for a few years so far.

They redo entire sections of the 401 like that and roads that see very heavy truck traffic. The 401 sections? Well the one that they did ~7 years ago is going along strong still. Those areas can see 50k-800k vehicles per day. Same with the road sections near the truck company docks 8k-20k trucks and cars per day. Don't use much concrete on the roads up here in Canada even though it wears better and there's major lime pits and cement plants around here. Though that is changing, they're not putting a sand, then gravel then concrete base layer around 3' thick before putting 18" of asphalt down.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > More Overwatch Bans
8. No subject Aug 2, 2016, 00:38 Mashiki Amiketo

Mordhaus wrote on Aug 1, 2016, 23:11:
Blizzard bans, hilarity ensues.

Reminds me of the chinese farmers that would whine and cry when you mob trained them, caused them to attack elites or threw them off cliffs with MC.

It was always fun to get a GM message simply saying "try to avoid doing that, but we understand farmers using bots ruin the game."

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
11. No subject Aug 1, 2016, 02:38 Mashiki Amiketo

descender wrote on Aug 1, 2016, 01:45:
This can't be done with the chip cards.

Chiped cards can be cloned already, and there's enough problems that MiTM attacks can do everything needed to get all the data. The only thing that they might lack is the card's pin and expiry date. And in some of those cases you don't even need the pin, the exp date is enough.

From a security standpoint of old magstripe vs emv cards. EMV is the better choice since the barrier of entry for skimmers to get into this is much higher. On the other side, another 5 years you're likely going to see them looking at another countermeasure system. That's not even touching that the old magstrip skimmers still work on those new cards because they still encode everything on there as a fallback if the emv system fails.

The real problem with the US implementation vs everywhere else is they dumped pin's and went to digital signatures. Why? Who the fuck knows.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Details
5. No subject Jul 28, 2016, 06:25 Mashiki Amiketo

VaranDragon wrote on Jul 27, 2016, 11:15:
"...so get out there and wreck face, nephalem!"

As good a phrase as any to describe how far Diablo3 has strayed from the true path.

Go out, kill, grind, go grind some more, keep grinding, keep killing? Looks exactly the same.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
14. No subject Jul 23, 2016, 08:20 Mashiki Amiketo

descender wrote on Jul 22, 2016, 12:25:
Yeah... do you have any idea how the internet works?

Google doesn't have anything to "search" without KAT existing first.

Wanna try that again? I suggest using the "torrent" or "magnet" option that works via boolean searches. Those links are generated without those other sites existing. You're welcome to what people figured out way back when the internet is new.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

12. No subject Jul 22, 2016, 07:17 Mashiki Amiketo

descender wrote on Jul 21, 2016, 12:55:
I'm pretty sure you don't understand how torrent trackers work. :p
Or how Google works either...
Beamer wrote on Jul 21, 2016, 12:57:
Or how the word "exactly" works.

Neither host content. Both take down DMCA requests. Both honor DHT searches. Both allow searching and indexing of content. Yep, looks to be exactly the same.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

2. No subject Jul 21, 2016, 12:47 Mashiki Amiketo

nin wrote on Jul 21, 2016, 09:44:
They got kickass, dammit! If it's true one of their servers was running in the US, they kind of walked into that one...

I'm sure they're going to go after google any day now right? After all it does exactly the same thing that KAT did.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Anno 2205 DLC
5. No subject Jul 21, 2016, 07:47 Mashiki Amiketo

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 21, 2016, 04:45:
Well since patch 1.7 + Veteran difficulty + Tundra + Orbit the answer is mostly yes... it isn't easy mode anymore, it's actually a pretty good challenge which is only offset by the Orbit research which requires a ton of input to really push it... ...

Sounds like it'll be worth picking up when the entire thing goes on sale in 6mo-1year from now. I picked up 2070 along with all the DLC for $9 last year or the year before and can't complain on the price point or time I've put in.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
11. No subject Jul 17, 2016, 02:53 Mashiki Amiketo

Yifes wrote on Jul 16, 2016, 18:42:

I don't think an old Hindu cleric counts as a "liberal".

He's the religious right. Can't really fault them from saying liberal through, the religious right for all intents and purposes has been pretty quiet for the last 20 years. While liberals and regressive leftists have been screaming in more increasing pitches about how things need to be banned to stop from offending someones sensibilities.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

10. No subject Jul 12, 2016, 14:11 Mashiki Amiketo

Orogogus wrote on Jul 12, 2016, 13:50:
What the fuck is wrong with you two that you think that venture capital committees threw billions at this company because they have a woman in charge?

Because that's exactly what happened. What? You couldn't find that with a 20 second google search. Take a look at the news media, touting the key thing that she got funding was because she was female, read the VC magazines which said the same thing. Oh yeah, they touted her as the next female Steve Jobs and pushed very hard, and the money went from a trickle to a flood. Guess blind ignorance is lovely sometimes right?

Oh, and tainted blood transfusions? People went to prison for that at least here in Canada 8 years to be exact. But you also seem to be forgetting that there's a negligence difference in most of your examples. Don't forget either on the levels of fraud committed here, and the very between the lines reading that they knew that their product didn't work. I know, difficult thing to grasp right. Then again you guys in the US have far more problems with your drug industry and how it's regulated then other parts of the world.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > New AMD Crimson Drivers
16. No subject Jul 12, 2016, 14:00 Mashiki Amiketo

VaranDragon wrote on Jul 12, 2016, 13:40:
and even with Vulcan (How many games do you think are going to use Vulcan compared to DirectX?) support that doesnt seem to be happening any time soon.

Quite a few apparently. If anything vulcan has done the job of completely surpassing OGL, and has done a great job of showing that it's the better choice vs dx12 especially with the BS that MS has pulled over the last year with the "our way or the highway" mentality with developers. You're likely going to start seeing a shift towards vulcan over the next year, especially since it's so easy to use it to make the games cross platform.

If nvidia hadn't pulled the "TDR's are your problem" BS back in the 500 series days, or the hard lock problem that caused 400-600 series cards to freeze and in some cases require a system wipe to get the OS back into a workable state. I'd still likely be using their cards, man I loved my evga cards. The TDR problem was directly related to the drivers, and that went on for well over a year. And right up until they started paying to have customer rigs shipped to california and they discovered that it was indeed their drivers, and the drivers throttling the core voltage so low that it caused the gpu to go into a looping crash.

But I'm due for a new card next year since I figure my 7950 will be due for a replacement, so maybe we'll see where this is all by then.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

4051 Comments. 203 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo