Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 07/23

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mashiki Amiketo

Real Name Mashiki Amiketo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mashiki Amiketo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description --
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 8, 2000, 21:30
Total Comments 3998 (Veteran)
User ID 2669

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Fallout 4 Console Mod Theft Protection
11. No subject Jun 19, 2016, 13:56 Mashiki Amiketo

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 19, 2016, 13:05:

Also nowhere in this news do they say that they implement punishments for mod theft.... so wtf is this news? Placebo?

It's a step in the right direction, one that many modders myself included wanted done. If the situation continues to get worse, I'd expect punishments ranging from no access to mods to outright bans to happen. Best way to look at it is like the prelude to the more extreme measures.

This is less likely to make modders do things like write in scripts that destroy saves on consoles which is pretty easy to do and so on. Or in more humorous cases, change all low res textures(used for distance filling) into high res dick pics and simply cause the entire console to come to a studding halt while they enjoy their dick pic's. I personally like the high rez dick pic's for low res pricks option, but yeah.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fallout 4 Console Mod Theft Protection
4. No subject Jun 19, 2016, 12:44 Mashiki Amiketo

Acleacius wrote on Jun 19, 2016, 12:12:
No kidding Morrowind is still going strong 14 years later, because of mods.

Just think what'll happen if skywind ever gets to a release state.

This is a good change though, but it's not going to solve all the problems. But it sure will help, especially if uploaders get their accounts banned.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Patches
4. No subject Jun 17, 2016, 07:01 Mashiki Amiketo

Creston wrote on Jun 16, 2016, 13:19:
Only got Aerondight last night, so not sure if it's not scaling properly or not.

Haven't played since the new patch, but in 1.21 it was scaling properly 10pts per level, 10 attacks+discharge=1pt of damage to cap. Started out at around 600-750dmg when I first got it was nearly 700 base damage when I finished the game a couple of weeks ago on my 3rd play through not completing everything. There's just too much damn stuff to do now, though I really like the new skellige deck.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > New Battle.net Authenticator
10. No subject Jun 17, 2016, 01:17 Mashiki Amiketo

Wallshadows wrote on Jun 16, 2016, 18:39:
I still have the first generation authenticator which was released in TBC. Damn thing is a beast but is starting to show its age and I have to really push hard on that button to give me the code.

Best 6$ I ever spent.

Same though not having problems with the button. Mine is still chugging along, hell of a battery in the little bastards that's for sure.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. No subject Jun 16, 2016, 11:18 Mashiki Amiketo

Shitty wapo article is shitty. Reality is different, redditors checked /r/news for updates found ideological purging of wrongthink, bans, and deletions of anything that didn't fit the mods agenda. That includes calls for blood donations.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Video
15. No subject Jun 16, 2016, 07:38 Mashiki Amiketo

ZeroPike1 wrote on Jun 16, 2016, 06:16:
Wonder if it will have 3 colored coded endings like Mass Effect 3 did? Red, Green or Blue guys? which ending color is best for you?

I prefer the puce ending, and screaming into eternity.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Video
9. No subject Jun 16, 2016, 00:30 Mashiki Amiketo

SlimRam wrote on Jun 15, 2016, 23:23:
I played the last 3 games a ridiculous, almost embarrassing amount and loved every damn minute of it. More Mass Effect can NEVER be a bad thing!
Long as they don't offer the 3 coloured endings and give everyone a hearty "fuck you" over it, I'll be happy with a new ME game.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Elder Scrolls VI in Development
1. No subject Jun 14, 2016, 10:19 Mashiki Amiketo

Let's hope they learned from the clusterfuck that is Fo4 and gutting the entire dialog system because reasons.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition
34. No subject Jun 13, 2016, 23:02 Mashiki Amiketo

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 16:01:
Hopefully never. Those incompetent hacks should only be allowed to fuck up their own IP and no longer that of innocent third parties.
Got some pretty shit taste there. Especially since NV is still twice the game FO4 is.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition
8. No subject Jun 13, 2016, 11:28 Mashiki Amiketo

Great. Now we have to deal with the console fucks trying to steal our skyrim mods too. Hopefully they'll have a better system in place by the time this is released.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. No subject Jun 10, 2016, 08:35 Mashiki Amiketo

jdreyer wrote on Jun 10, 2016, 03:49:

Nah, if they can't find Americans to work cheap, they'll either hire H1-Bs, or just offshore completely. Seeing it happen at work right now. They know Indians will work for $20-30K less than Americans, because the money is worth 10x as much when they return it home.

That's what's happening here in Canada as well. The conservatives turned around and closed up most of that program(TFW -- tfw's are like H1Bs but can work at pretty much anyjob) when people started to complain. Trudeau turned around and opened it right back up, there's a couple of good cases in the last year where tradesmen(welders/pipefitters) in the oil patch have been laid off, and the company replaced them all with out-of-country workers who were paid 50% of the rate. Another case here in Ontario where everyone was laid off from a heavy machining plant, and all TFW's replaced them at 40% of the wages before.

This is actually causing a wage depression, and it's the first steps in creating a deflationary spiral.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Cities: Skylines Free DLC
10. No subject Jun 10, 2016, 01:03 Mashiki Amiketo

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 16:40:
I wish this game had some of the graphical polish and charm that Simcity traditionally had. The overall execution was great, but it always felt like one of those budget simulator titles, albeit a really good budget simulator.

I thought Cities was way overrated for what it was. They really rode the coattails of the debacle that was Simcity 5.

Considering that it's their first game? I'd say they did pretty well. Comparing it against the SimmCity games, especially 5, they did a great job. All it'll take is them learning from it. The most successful way to do things in a lot of areas is look at what someone has done where people were expecting great things, and when it falls slat on it's face show them your version and start building a fan base from there. Looks like they learned that one without a problem.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 in November
27. No subject Jun 9, 2016, 02:36 Mashiki Amiketo

Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 8, 2016, 22:21:

Also, I didn't think Aiden Pierce was a bad protagonist.

He wasn't but the writing didn't help at all and made the character seem too flat.

Anyway, check the tags on steam. My favorite so far? Dating Sim and Anime.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. No subject Jun 8, 2016, 10:07 Mashiki Amiketo

Blue wrote on Jun 8, 2016, 09:55:
Yeah, I see no rash, but I have had the fever, chills, headache, fatigue, and muscle and joint aches. Probably nothing, but better safe than sorry.

The problem is that not all the signs can be an indicator. You can have lyme disease for years before anything even begins to show up, the whole "it doesn't show up for a long time after" is very similar to the whole chickenpox/shingles response. Get the first in childhood, get the latter when you're old.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
40. No subject Jun 5, 2016, 05:26 Mashiki Amiketo

jdreyer wrote on Jun 4, 2016, 17:23:
Nice summary, thanks.

Any compatibility issues so far?

The only real compatibility issues so far are the same ones that existed in Win8. Mainly relating to audio driver changes or programs that fail to adhere to the newer forms of security protection within the OS itself. Many of the audio driver issues can be "fixed" by disabling all audio devices, then re-enabling them after the program runs. Programs though? If they don't adhere to the newer security protections, and behave properly to kernel panics will be a pain in the ass. But Win10 has a built in VM software, so you can install WinXP/7 and run everything from within that.

If on the other hand, you're a programmer by trade stuff like fast ring updates can be very useful so you can see if MS is going to break stuff. Other things: Windows memory management is different from Win7, which means that apps start quicker because windows keeps a memory cache(kind of like virtual hdd memory) that's always loaded into memory. Usually uses around 1-2GB which is trivial, but makes for a huge difference performance wise. Depending on the programs you're also using, you'll find that windows 10 uses less memory anywhere between 5-10% less, sometimes as much as 20% less memory because it doesn't have to load extra dll's into memory.

Sadly, I'm still waiting the day MS pushes an update and nukes win10 installs. It's going to happen, but overall patch quality has improved since they automatically install all updates now.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

34. No subject Jun 4, 2016, 06:08 Mashiki Amiketo

jdreyer wrote on Jun 4, 2016, 03:52:
I wonder if the nagware treats business versions of Windows differently from home versions.

Yep. Though you're still locked into automatic updates, and driver installs. It's easier and you can set better policies. Personally I've been running win10 since it became available out of beta and haven't had any problems with it. What surprises me more then anything is just how well it's been running especially after multiple in-place upgrades. Win7x64 to Win8x64 to Win10x64, though it's starting to show a few problems now and then that I can't track down. So a wipe and reinstall is getting close, probably after I finish Blood and Wine.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

10. No subject Jun 3, 2016, 13:02 Mashiki Amiketo

jdreyer wrote on Jun 3, 2016, 12:25:
Any reason to stay on Win 7?

Not really, and you can block all the crap using spybot anti-beacon, W10Privacy or use this guide. Overall between Win7 and Win10 the latter is the better of the two. Once they get the shit shaken out with vulkan there won't be any reason to keep windows either. You can also set your own security policy and so on, I recommend blocking the "automatically install drivers" BS, since that's just stupid. And update wise there hasn't been problems, but you can build a policy for just critical updates only. Plenty of guides for it.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > The Sims 4 Expands Gender Options
6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 2, 2016, 23:13 Mashiki Amiketo

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 2, 2016, 22:28:
Wallshadows wrote on Jun 2, 2016, 22:20:
What about those who identify as Fridgekin?
I have no idea what you are talking about, and I am glad.

Too bad, I identify as an attack helicopter. I demand fueling and rearming facilities!

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Free GOG.com Copies of Some Steam Games
31. No subject Jun 1, 2016, 23:14 Mashiki Amiketo

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jun 1, 2016, 16:15:
So can someone explain to me exactly why steam is this evil devil of software?

I've never had an issue.. ever.

so what's the beef?

Steam is great...as long as you don't mind not having tech support. Or it being in russian, or them not actually responding to your requests. And the paid mods thing they tried, but otherwise it's still great.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Dead Island Definitive Collection Released
1. No subject May 31, 2016, 23:35 Mashiki Amiketo

Previous owners can get the upgrade for $3 FYI.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

3998 Comments. 200 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo