Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mashiki Amiketo

Real Name Mashiki Amiketo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mashiki Amiketo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description --
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 8, 2000, 21:30
Total Comments 4339 (Master)
User ID 2669

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Mad Catz is Back
8. No subject Jan 4, 2018, 14:07 Mashiki Amiketo

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 4, 2018, 12:55:
Exclusive inside look of the newly re-structured Mad Catz head office new products division
Damn that's just perfect, captures the entire thing.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. No subject Jan 4, 2018, 14:06 Mashiki Amiketo

Quboid wrote on Jan 4, 2018, 12:57:
What are you referring to, the comments about GamerGate?
Play their game, you'll catch it. It's worth it just for the cringe.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
70. No subject Jan 4, 2018, 12:52 Mashiki Amiketo

jdreyer wrote on Dec 31, 2017, 15:32:

There are 10 million guns in Canada. Not quite the ratio of the US, but still plenty.

Not correct. There's 10 million registered guns in Canada, the unregistered based on the governments own numbers could be as high as 70 million. That's because there was a gun-grab back in the 1990's, and a lot of people simply didn't register. Law or no law, people simply didn't give a shit.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
20. No subject Jan 4, 2018, 12:49 Mashiki Amiketo

NKD wrote on Dec 28, 2017, 21:54:

Are you surprised he would link an article without reading it?
Are you more surprised that none of you actually read it, or that all of you missed this

Within a news story, the statements from the sources cited – and what reporters choose to quote from them – as well as the reporter’s own language formulate the overall assessment of the Trump administration. During the time period studied, stories from outlets with a right-leaning audience were at least five times more likely to carry an overall positive evaluation of Trump’s words or actions (defined as stories that contained at least twice as many positive statements as negative ones) than stories from outlets with a left-of-center or more mixed audience (31% vs. 5% and 6%, respectively). They were also at least three times less likely to carry negative assessments (14% vs. 56% and 47%, respectively). Still, most stories from outlets with a right-leaning audience (55%) carried neither a positive nor negative assessment of the president.

In simple terms: The media is all engaging in the same shit, but you're all so partisan you missed it.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Mad Catz is Back
3. No subject Jan 4, 2018, 12:46 Mashiki Amiketo

Rhett wrote on Jan 4, 2018, 11:18:
I hope they have some reasonable mouse designs then, because this mouse series is fucking atrocious.

Maybe, it was the shitty redesigns that drove a lot of people to hold onto their older hardware. Jumping on the "omg RGB RAINBOW LAZER FORCE UNITE!" isn't really making me think they figured out where they went wrong. Especially with all the companies thinking it's still a great idea, never mind the people screaming for less LED glowing stuff.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. No subject Jan 4, 2018, 12:43 Mashiki Amiketo

The hilarious thing is the claim that they chose an "anti-bias" them, then pile on the bias so thick that you can cut it with a knife through the internet.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
29. No subject Dec 31, 2017, 00:35 Mashiki Amiketo

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 30, 2017, 19:38:
Great, you explain how an innocent person gets blown away.
We're all ears.
Short answer: Poor training. You can bet that very few of them are getting drilled training anymore. Here's the difference between US policing and Canadian policing, in the police colleges here they actually put you into a "fight or flight" situation to trigger your reaction so you can learn from it, the entire thing is recorded. Canada is one of the few countries where this happens, it's severely cut down on cases like this. It's also similar to what you get during basic, which is where they took the training idea from.

Even at that, real situations are far different from simulations. Why don't you tell us about the time you've been in an actual fight-or-flight situation as a rookie or cadet and we'll see how you stack up. Policing in the US has multiple problems, many of them stem from two sides: Politicians who don't want to do anything, and people who don't want to pay more for the training(aka tax increases). So you enjoy the shit show.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
15. No subject Dec 28, 2017, 08:42 Mashiki Amiketo

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 27, 2017, 18:59:
Glad to see there's many voices of reason, untainted by "news" agencies that only report half truths like fox.
If by "news" you mean highly polarized and not objective, then I'd agree with that. Especially since those untainted agencies were far more likely to engage in what you're complaining about then even fox.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
6. No subject Dec 28, 2017, 01:23 Mashiki Amiketo

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 28, 2017, 00:54:
Definitely North Korea
I dunno, I think they're having too many problems with people running across the boarder.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
4. No subject Dec 28, 2017, 00:43 Mashiki Amiketo

jdreyer wrote on Dec 27, 2017, 20:24:
FBI Software For Analyzing Fingerprints Contains Russian-Made Code, Whistleblowers Say.

Why wouldn't you use code from one of the most pervasive secret police states in the world?
Would that be China or...the UK? Or parts of the EU?

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. No subject Dec 25, 2017, 10:57 Mashiki Amiketo

Merry Christmas. Now remember to take a nap after eating turkey so you can have a long productive night gaming!  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > NVIDIA Ending 32-bit Driver Support
14. No subject Dec 24, 2017, 09:21 Mashiki Amiketo

Fantaz wrote on Dec 23, 2017, 17:13:
soon Win7 display driver support will end from both AMD and Nvidia, I have heard internally talk from both companies. Win8.1 support is mostly gone already. it's too expensive to support multiple OSes
If you're a gamer you should have already moved to win10, win8 and win7 both have a vram limit of 4096MB with any game that uses DX9 or below. One of the reasons skyrim likes to thrash like a zombie when you use texture mods.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

8. No subject Dec 23, 2017, 09:22 Mashiki Amiketo

MattyC wrote on Dec 23, 2017, 04:26:
I doubt anyone still running a 32bit OS is still getting hardware new enough to really use new features or driver enhancements going forward.

Really the only people running a 32bit OS these days are the people deploying embeded systems, machine-specific installs, or because they have a software license for some esoteric hardware they absolutely can't do without(3d lathe, cnc machine, etc). Wasn't that long ago that several major real estate companies here in Canada moved off OS/2 Warp(installed in 1987 on a 16bit platform) because the machines indexed and recorded all of the real estate listings, transactions and so on. And they absolutely refused to run an emulated machine.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

6. No subject Dec 23, 2017, 00:50 Mashiki Amiketo

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 22, 2017, 22:48:

The GPU W10x64 driver ships with around 100mb of 32bit dll/exe files (of 440mb)

Don't ask my why, because I for sure have no clue why that could possibly be. But the impact on reducing bloat would be quite large
Won't make any difference. Because those dll's and whatnot that are included in the x64 package are for backwards compatibility for titles that don't support x32-x64. GPU's are significantly different in this process then CPU's, GPU's have no internal translation engine, CPU's do.

All this has to do with is EoL pure 32bit support for 32bit OS's.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > PUBG Launches
4. Re: PUBG Launches Dec 21, 2017, 11:59 Mashiki Amiketo

Creston wrote on Dec 21, 2017, 09:59:
If your game is not stable, why the hell is it being taken out of Early Access?
So they can milk the fuck out of it.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER II: Rise of the Tomb Kings Announced
7. No subject Dec 20, 2017, 01:59 Mashiki Amiketo

Rhett wrote on Dec 20, 2017, 00:27:
I also tried getting into TWH2 (loved TWH 1) but the new map and minor changes just totally floored me for some reason. I think the jungle was too cheery for me, for the setting.
Same problem I had. I generally get 150-300hrs into a TW game right off the bat, Rome 2 just pissed me off, and TWH2 just had an "off" feeling with it. Likely be better when it's all fleshed out.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

5. No subject Dec 19, 2017, 23:10 Mashiki Amiketo

Orogogus wrote on Dec 19, 2017, 22:36:

That seems optimistic. I don't even see an all-in-one pack for Rome II or Attila, and those games are about 3-4 years old.

Good point. Likely we'll never see anything especially since content from WH1 transfers to WH2.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
4. No subject Dec 19, 2017, 22:30 Mashiki Amiketo

Nuhauser wrote on Dec 19, 2017, 20:18:
I live in China but I don't use Steam except to download the odd game and apparently that's been slowed down too. Lots of expats complaining that they can't use Steam the way they normally would now, and that's a shame as China has been getting worse and worse as a place to live and work as a foreigner for the last several years.

What do you mean worse and worse? It was shit several years ago unless your company was throwing money hands over fist to some party official for a pass, and telling the police to ignore you.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

3. No subject Dec 19, 2017, 22:20 Mashiki Amiketo

Burrito of Peace wrote on Dec 19, 2017, 21:52:
Did Warhammer I ever come out with all the nickle and dime DLC wrapped up in one GOTY edition?
No and there doesn't appear to be plans right now for anything like that. Likely because the game sold so well, maybe in 6mo after half of WH2's stuff really starts rolling out?

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
9. No subject Dec 19, 2017, 09:21 Mashiki Amiketo

El Pit wrote on Dec 19, 2017, 05:14:

The real Jedi Master Luke Skywalker would. The one from Disney's EU fan film The Last Jedi wouldn't.
The new Luke is wondering what happened to Mara Jade.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

4339 Comments. 217 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo