Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mashiki Amiketo

Real Name Mashiki Amiketo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mashiki Amiketo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description --
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 8, 2000, 21:30
Total Comments 4032 (Master)
User ID 2669

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
11. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 26, 2015, 22:26 Mashiki Amiketo

Flatline wrote on Sep 26, 2015, 18:50:

Well, it is trolling too. He went out of his way to torture people online.

I agree that he needs help though.

That's the guy that anti-GGers tried really really hard to claim was part of gamergate, despite the fact he regularly wrote for ghazi, and big name feminist sites(dozens of articles no less) and had a popular blog on dailykos. But he was definitely GG, since he used the hashtag like 10 times according to them.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Cities: Skylines - After Dark Dawns
13. No subject Sep 25, 2015, 07:47 Mashiki Amiketo

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Sep 24, 2015, 19:08:
That is until every mod requires the DLC to run.

Lot of mods still have patch specific versions, so I don't really see that happening.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Fallout 4 Endurance Video
9. No subject Sep 24, 2015, 04:11 Mashiki Amiketo

ZeroPike1 wrote on Sep 24, 2015, 01:15:
I see these and I see plain as day its not New Vegas. But I keep hoping its NV level of story writing.

Its not NV2 its not NV2. Its F4, its F4. Have to keep telling myself to be let down from what I would actually want.

Won't be that way unless Obsidian does another FO game. I expect the story quality to be right around skyrim level for FO4,and even at that I can't say I'm really gun-ho for this FO game anyway. I'd love another 2.5D FO game though.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Fallout 4 Not Specced Yet
12. No subject Sep 15, 2015, 03:32 Mashiki Amiketo

shihonage wrote on Sep 15, 2015, 01:25:
Will require SSD for those "entering tiny hut/exiting tiny hut" loading screens.
Witcher 3 did a hell of a good job of killing the whole "entering/exiting" cells bit, sadly it can be done with the engine in Skyrim with no problems already especially with cities. Can't be done on consoles, since they still have a massive memory problem.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Steam Top 10
27. No subject Sep 13, 2015, 22:26 Mashiki Amiketo

Apparently xcom2 was 4th on the list earlier this week, and dropped to 15th after people realized how screwed up the pricing is for it.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
8. No subject Sep 12, 2015, 07:33 Mashiki Amiketo

Julio wrote on Sep 12, 2015, 05:20:
I wonder how much Star Citizen could be on the hook for if they don't deliver

Wonder how much FemFreq will be on the hook, two years and counting I believe.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Free Weekend
27. No subject Sep 11, 2015, 20:00 Mashiki Amiketo

SpectralMeat wrote on Sep 11, 2015, 11:12:
$80CDN to preorder xcom2
I'll wait for a deal on that one.

You and me both, and the entire time they'll be wondering why their sales are so shitty. Won't surprise me in the least that near release I'll be able to find it at EB, bestbuy/futureshop or Walmart for $20 less here in Canada.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Fallout 4 Mod & DLC Plans
12. No subject Sep 9, 2015, 22:30 Mashiki Amiketo

PHJF wrote on Sep 9, 2015, 17:30:
One of the most popular Skyrim mods was better looking and nude female models... I anticipate a thriving underground adult-oriented FO4 modding community!

Since a thriving adult-oriented community already exists for FO and Elder scroll games you can be sure it'll exist there. I'm not excited for this release though, the whole dialog wheel thing just annoys me along with everything being VO'd.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Total War: ATTILA Empires of Sand Next Week
1. No subject Sep 8, 2015, 21:56 Mashiki Amiketo

So did anyone actually buy Attila? Any good? Pile of shit?  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Hearts of Stone Preorders
8. No subject Sep 8, 2015, 21:53 Mashiki Amiketo

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 8, 2015, 21:12:
So a 200 hour game with NG+ on top of that needs a 10 hour DLC?

I'm good with that, I've played through the game twice already and more content is always good.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
27. No subject Sep 3, 2015, 02:30 Mashiki Amiketo

Stormsinger wrote on Sep 3, 2015, 00:22:

So which one is Cutter then, aggro or troll? Or do you actually agree with me, but are too afraid to say it out loud? Because he's sure as hell a rabid prick...has been for years now. All I've ever him do is spew bile and venom over anyone he disagrees with.

Frankly, I don't -care- if he's aggro, troll, or some other class of prick. He's exactly what I'm talking about. And all you folks that agree with him seem to be quite happy letting him vomit all over everyone else. Which does not speak well of you, either. Laying down with dogs...fleas, and all that.

He could be all three if he wanted to, but here's the thing you don't seem to get. Even if he's an asshole, he's his own asshole. If he's a troll, he's a troll on his own, even if he's pro, neutral or anti-gg, he's still his own person who can make up their own mind. Welcome to the big boy world, where defending a persons speech even if you disagree with it, is the right thing to do.

The second that you label someone as the face, or a member of something even if they have their own opinions, ideas, or anything else. You're no different then a bigot saying xyz cultural group is xyz or racist going all xyz are blah blah blah because xyz person is that. Or xyz person should be shut up because it hurts my feelings/I don't like it/whatever. The use of identity politics is nothing short of cancer, and you should feel bad for using it.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
25. No subject Sep 2, 2015, 22:18 Mashiki Amiketo

Stormsinger wrote on Sep 2, 2015, 11:42:
Oh yeah, "You're a blight on the gene pool, do the rest of us a favour and cull yourself and your pals from it." is just being tons of fun. I get it now.

Here's one of the biggest problems with this GG crowd. Nobody is willing to even attempt to moderate the rabid pricks that are so common among them. Once the death threats and other nastiness start coming out, any moderate voices (if such even exists, I haven't seen any evidence of it) just get quiet and move to the back. I can see just two possible reasons for it. Either they know that to call them down will make them a target too, or they really do agree with the rabid pricks and are happy to let someone else take the backlash.

Find me someone who's not a troll or aggro who's being rabid pricks and I'll follow your line of reasoning. After all, the media have had a really good time with the "GG = death threats narrative" but there's zero proof that it's anyone actually in GG. Then again I can very quickly find pro-doxing, pro-harassment, in major anti-GG voices. We can start with Wu, Quinn, Nyberg to start with.

Here's the thing, when you're dealing with a hashtag anyone can use it right? Unless of course you believe that since xyz person on blues posted a neo-nazi sentiment, all blues posters are neo-nazi's. And that makes no sense, or does it?

Can't forget garbage like this either, That's the face of anti-GG and only one facet of it.

This comment was edited on Sep 2, 2015, 22:31.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
22. No subject Sep 2, 2015, 09:38 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Sep 2, 2015, 08:33:
With GG mostly wound down by now, they've somewhat been pushed back to the fringe, but whenever a social issue pops up they'll still try to win back some fans so that maybe they don't get laughed at too hard next time they deny climate change or evolution or gay marriage or whatever less popular ideas they have.

They also tend to be the "every game sucks except for the games I like!" segment, so basically, they make everything no fun.

Uh dude, GG isn't winding down. Kotakuinaction one of the main hubs has over 1m unique visits per month, and is in the top 50 of busiest subs on reddit. But let's look at today's "social justice warriors" so we've got: Wu screaming about how Samus Aran is trans, and goes batshit insane when proven wrong. The Mary Sue, engaging in open conspiracy theories, and one of the prominent anti-GG members apparently engaging in pedophilia and aGGro's circling the wagons to protect them.

I think you mean social justice warriors are the "every game sucks except the games that follow my exact ideology." The vast majority of GG believes that market force will determine if a game is good or bad, and considering the number of aggro's and sjw's who want to shoehorn people into things to make it fit their ideology, you tell me: Which group is being "unfun" the one that says "let the market decide" or the one that says "it's transphobic, it must be banned."

Oh and one can't forget this one.

This comment was edited on Sep 2, 2015, 10:17.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
17. No subject Sep 1, 2015, 21:47 Mashiki Amiketo

NotOneOfUs wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 18:50:

"Justice" and "Social Justice" are two very different things.

Additionally, what something is labeled can be far from how it is treated. The common political standings of Liberalism and Conservatism in the US act as pro-censorship and pro-big government, respectively, despite the dictionary terms being quite the opposite.

True. These days "social justice" seems to be leaning towards authoritarian restrictions and mob justice regardless of what the evidence actually says. Where groups of people get all upset when something offends their sensibilities and want to ban it. See the most recent case of SJW's going after the feminism mein kampf extension, or the UVA rape case..or lack thereof.

An educated mind can also easily pick up the difference between propaganda that uses weasel words and cherry picking. Which is what this video is, and actual researched information presented properly.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN Released
15. No subject Sep 1, 2015, 21:40 Mashiki Amiketo

ItBurn wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 18:00:
The game is 75 canadian... Even more than Fallout 4... That's a little too much.

I'm hearing an awful lot of that these days from people. It's really reminding me of the very late 90's and early 00's when we got fucked in the neck on game prices. Paying $70-90 for a new release is insane, and all this is going to do is cause an increase in piracy and people buying from shady sites.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > AMD Catalyst Beta Windows Driver
1. No subject Sep 1, 2015, 05:14 Mashiki Amiketo

Well seems to have fixed some of the stuttering problems from the last beta drivers as well for GTA V and STO. Haven't played with anything else yet, but looks good.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Cities: Skylines - After Dark Trailer
4. No subject Aug 29, 2015, 00:13 Mashiki Amiketo

Mikus_Aurelius wrote on Aug 28, 2015, 19:14:
Isn't the day night cycle in the free patch? I think the expansion provides the entertainment buildings.

Yep, it's coming in a free patch. The expansion itself will have entertainment buildings, better traffic flow and a bunch of other stuff. Basically it took all of the most popular mods, and built on those ideas.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > XCOM 2 Delayed
13. No subject Aug 29, 2015, 00:12 Mashiki Amiketo

Double fuck. But that's okay, since I have yet to finish a EW game.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
15. No subject Aug 27, 2015, 23:39 Mashiki Amiketo

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 27, 2015, 22:45:
Whoops, missed out on the $25 Kickstarter, got in at $30. Divinity Original Sin was great, I have high hopes for D:OS 2 and the Enhanced Edition which is coming out... soon?

I've put in some serious hours(for me) on D3 Patch 2.3, now it's time to start the PoEt replay + expansion. Dual Wield Barb, I suspect.

There's a $26 pledge box now for those that missed at $25. I enjoyed the hell out of the first one as well. And the enhanced ed. is supposed to be coming out this fall, the same with Wasteland 2. Oh and don't forget Xcom2 comes out in November.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > GOG Galaxy Client Updated
7. No subject Aug 26, 2015, 08:15 Mashiki Amiketo

jimnms wrote on Aug 25, 2015, 21:05:
I have only been using it as a downloader. The last time I imported a game I already had installed, it reset it to "out of the box" conditions, which removed the unofficial patches and mods that I had installed. Then when I tried to re-install them, the client installed version uses a modified .exe which made me unable to install the patches because they look for and modify the original game .exe.

So you reported that at http://mantis.gog.com right? After all that's several bugs that should be reported.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

4032 Comments. 202 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo