Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mashiki Amiketo

Real Name Mashiki Amiketo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mashiki Amiketo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description --
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 8, 2000, 21:30
Total Comments 4050 (Master)
User ID 2669

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > No More WoW Numbers
40. No subject Nov 4, 2015, 17:47 Mashiki Amiketo

Jamil20 wrote on Nov 4, 2015, 13:18:
I feel like I should give it another whirl before the end. I haven't played since a year after launch. I would like to see how it has changed since then. I wonder if my toon still exists. He would still be at level 60.

Last time I really played it still, Lich King was the last expansions. I still somewhat enjoyed playing it then, but yeah the massive changes that have happened over the last few years has been the thing that's kept me from resubbing. People want their unique classes back, fails, faults and all, along with their unique talent trees, and more skills than you can shake a stick at.

From my friends, who only recently quit. Their big complaint especially in raid content was gimicky fights, not tough fights. All of us remember the Vale gear check + ability check that was there, and loved the hell out of it. Anyway, Blizz has said they never delete characters, so your toon would be still around. But they'll have moved them to a major city with all the content changes.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Blizzard Updating Older Games for Modern OSes
8. No subject Nov 4, 2015, 17:30 Mashiki Amiketo

ItBurn wrote on Nov 4, 2015, 17:00:
Seems like this is just making them work on new OSes, kinda like GOG. But I can't understand this sentence : Create conditions for experiences that look as good as they play.

I'm not interested in more D2, I want more D3.

They already work on new OSes, they don't support higher resolutions without some other things though. And some of the stuff is very dated especially with the method of sprite rendering they used at the time.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Anno 2205 Released
9. No subject Nov 4, 2015, 03:01 Mashiki Amiketo

Slashman wrote on Nov 3, 2015, 21:17:
Word from Steam reviews is that this offers less than the previous Anno. It is story only. Has much more 'streamlined' gameplay and no longer has factions.

Anno games are kind-of city builders but not in the traditional Sim City sense. They deal with resource management and harvesting. Environmental impacts, military conflict and trade. The previous one also had a sandbox mode as well as a story mode.

Biggest things I enjoyed from 2070 was having the factions, being able to use all three employee types, and setting up functioning production queues. I must have nearly 400 hours in 2070, the story mode is great in it and so is the sandbox mode. No sandbox mode though is a insta no-buy for me though, that's what kept me playing again. Even after I'd completed all the scenarios that are randomly timed. Plus I really liked the "everyone who plays, gets to vote on council and policies."

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Leaked Fallout 4 Footage
31. No subject Nov 3, 2015, 06:09 Mashiki Amiketo

InBlack wrote on Nov 3, 2015, 03:06:
So...you get the armor in the first hour of the game and then what? Spend the rest of the game upgrading it? Cos fuck that shit. That's not item progression, thats LAZY GAME DESIGN. *sigh* I hope you are wrong about this...

Just remember man...consolitis.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > AMD Driver Changes
5. No subject Nov 2, 2015, 16:07 Mashiki Amiketo

Pigeon wrote on Nov 2, 2015, 14:32:
Well if more frequent drivers = better support then I'm all for it. As is problems seem to persist for longer periods on AMD cards, or touted features and OS support are unceremoniously dropped.

Uh man, Nvidia has had an on-going TDR problem for almost 3 years now with no sight on end for a fix, it's one of the reasons I dumped them.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Leaked Fallout 4 Footage
23. No subject Nov 2, 2015, 16:05 Mashiki Amiketo

Can't really say I'm anymore excited than before, if anything the entire thing looks kinda meh, especially with the on-going non-descriptive text selections.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Another New Steam User Record
23. No subject Nov 1, 2015, 21:21 Mashiki Amiketo

jacobvandy wrote on Nov 1, 2015, 20:35:
Does anyone know if Valve has mentioned lately what their active account number has reached? They went from 75 million in January 2014 to 100 million the following September to 125 million in February of this year... If that kind of growth has even kept steady (more likely to have increased pace, IMO), we'd be at least 150 million by now. This jump in concurrent logins could just be a coincidental blip in the bigger picture of that keeping up with how big the overall user base is becoming.

No idea, but considering the number of titles now getting proper localization and are on steam it shouldn't be a surprise that the number of active and concurrent accounts is going up. Especially considering how dense the PC market is in China and the growth in other asian countries.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
12. No subject Oct 30, 2015, 14:21 Mashiki Amiketo

fujiJuice wrote on Oct 30, 2015, 12:37:
Youtube and other sites can't survive if no one is paying them to place advertising. Now do I think it is their own fault for pushing the limits of acceptable advertising? Yes, but that doesn't change the fact that these are businesses, not charities.

They dug their own grave the second they decided to allow ads that would execute remote code, or install malare and so on. That's the reason why there's been a booming increase in people using ad blocking software. I'll be you ask the majority of people if they'd allow ads, and they'd say "sure but...x time I got ransomware" or something else is the reason I block all ads now.

If they want people not to use ad blocks, they need to take the responsibility themselves to vet people selling ads on their network, or offer restitution to viewers who've had malware installed and had a serious loss of data or require a reinstall because of their fuckup.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition Released
5. No subject Oct 27, 2015, 21:52 Mashiki Amiketo

Alamar wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 21:18:
I recall a lot of praising this title upon launch, but I'm pretty sure it's not my style... Nice to see their improving it, but jacking the price back up kind of turns me off...

If you like turn based pause in you RPG you'll enjoy this without a doubt. But considering they've been telling people for the last month and a half, that if you want to buy it cheap before the EE comes out and they raise the price to do it now.

edit: The dev's have said you can still buy the non-EE version on Humblebundle

This comment was edited on Oct 28, 2015, 00:25.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Alien: Isolation - The Collection Released
6. No subject Oct 27, 2015, 20:04 Mashiki Amiketo

I have yet to finish it, when I play my horror games I like to play at night. Haven't had a chance to do that in 6 months. Amazing game though.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Fallout 4 Preload Plans
26. No subject Oct 27, 2015, 07:35 Mashiki Amiketo

Jerykk wrote on Oct 26, 2015, 23:30:
Not sure what you're expecting. When was the last time a BGS game didn't get raving reviews and tons of GotY awards?

There's always a first time. Every time I see the trailers I get more twitchy that it's going to be a steaming pile of shit because the console users want an interactive movie instead of a game.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Fallout 4 Preload Plans
18. No subject Oct 26, 2015, 23:19 Mashiki Amiketo

Pineapple Ferguson wrote on Oct 26, 2015, 22:23:
This game is sure to have some amazing day one review scores!

I'll be waiting to see what comes up on opencritic, especially with the BS going on with metacritic these days.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Steam Top 10
13. No subject Oct 26, 2015, 00:14 Mashiki Amiketo

siapnar wrote on Oct 25, 2015, 15:22:
Is this an assumption or is there data suggesting this? Just curious

You can roughly guesstimate it from the amount of sales per-unit on each platform, PC gaming either has eclipsed this year or by next year will eclipse all three consoles in terms of sales. What it means is either there's more people buying a PC while owning a console or making the switch from consoles to PC's.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
39. No subject Oct 22, 2015, 23:46 Mashiki Amiketo

Desalus wrote on Oct 22, 2015, 12:36:

It doesn't take long to find good examples of sexual objectification of women in a lot of different forms of media (including video games). In no way am I saying that any media form should be cast as the bogeyman for societal ills and I don't think Trudeau is saying that either.

In other words, anything that hurts my feelings is misogyny. Which of course is why you're seeing all the rad-fems coming out of the woodwork pressing for censorship of the internet. As for Trudeau? That's exactly what he's saying, atleast until the polls say otherwise.

Razumen wrote on Oct 22, 2015, 16:14:

Are you implying that gender equality and the end of misogyny doesn't contribute to the betterment of a nation?
That's called egalitarianism, however today's modern feminists believe egalitarianism is a MRA construct. Which is why you see a growing number of people not calling themselves a feminist at all, and even more starting to say they don't need it.

Cutter wrote on Oct 22, 2015, 17:54:

No, whatever he ends up doing it won't be as bad as Harper. And that's bullshit on Harper walking the walk. Supporting the troops come to mind? Just like his neocon counterparts in the US he's long on talk and short on delivery. Or it's just jive. How did he balance the budget for last year? Selling taxpayer assets at a loss. So really, we lost money. Like Dubya he inherited a country in great shape and proceeded to run it into the ground. He embarassed the hell out of us with his cowboy politicking and did an immense amount of damage to our credibility around the globe. I could go on and on with this but suffice it to say he's the worst thing that ever happened to Canada.
Really? I guess we'll find out. You mean the part where winding down operations, means that there will be budget cuts? Or that there's serious problems with medical treatment at the federal level for vets? That's been on-going for nearly 30 years, but it's sure a lot better than it was. I always liked the budget talking points, then again selling assets at a loss to make up for a budget shortfall has been a normal thing, pretty much forever. Not saying it's right, but that's what it is. Then again, it's not as screwed up as the Liberals in Ontario and their selling of assets for pennies on the dollar.

Oh and he inherited a country in great shape? I suppose that depends, because under the federal liberals jobs started drying up hard. We also had the manufacturing crash under the liberals, and our national unemployment levels in general have been under what was the norm under the liberals during their 12 years in office. You mean he embarrassed you, for those of us who have had enough of the UN whining over things will giving seats on councils and committees to the worst offenders that's even better. And if he was the "worst thing ever to happen to canada" well it's a good thing you're young.

Otherwise you'd know that title would belong to Pierre Trudeau, you know the guy who forced in wage and price controls, setup a national oil company that pillaged the fuck out of everyone's pocket book. That told the other provinces out west: "Fuck you. We're taking the money from the oil and you'll like it." The same guy who got Canada into a hyper-inflation cycle and handed Mulroney a 11.5% unemployment rate. Oh I can go on, if you think Harper was bad, you really don't have any idea.

This comment was edited on Oct 22, 2015, 23:59.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
11. No subject Oct 22, 2015, 11:50 Mashiki Amiketo

Desalus wrote on Oct 22, 2015, 10:23:

@New Canadian PM says society must stand up to Gamergate…
He also implicates many other forms of media for promoting misogyny, not just video games. It's not like what he's saying is untrue...
That's great, can you find the misogyny in Gamergate? How about in that dirty rock and roll music? Movies? D&D? Rap? Vidya games(again). Yeah, meet the new bogyman for the new generation of idiots. And it's the left that's pulling out the stops as a new generation of authoritarian censors. Makes me glad I'm not a Liberal party delegate anymore, that party was fucked in 2000ish when they decided to ignore delegates, and ignore issues outside of the major cities.

Cutter wrote on Oct 22, 2015, 11:09:

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. Is he better than Harper? Well, sure anyone is. He's just the Canadian version of Obama, young, talks about hope and change but ultimately won't deliver any of it as he's still just a corporate shill. Once again most Canadians prove they're as dumb and easily duped as their American counterparts.

Worse than Harper. If Harper decided to do something, he did it, said he'd do it and take the lumps for it. Doesn't always mean he was right, and he could be awfully wrong on a lot of stuff. But I like someone who says they're going to do something, and accept the blame for it as well. Trudeau has already shown that he'll listen to his assistants, and blow whichever way the poll data says. That basically means people who make enough noise can set national policy and screw everyone.

Wallshadows wrote on Oct 22, 2015, 11:21:
The amount of tears coming out of the West right now would be enough to ensure California never has a drought for a thousand years.
Doesn't seem to be holding true after last nights SouthPark episode, the amount of salt and tears from SJWs(especially those in SF) on that episode should have been enough to solve not only the drought, but put out every forest fire in the world.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. No subject Oct 19, 2015, 18:13 Mashiki Amiketo

First one kinda obvious. The second...welll...I wouldn't trust anything Jay Carney said, says, or even implies. Not even with photographic evidence, a recorded video, and 20 witnesses.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Preloads
7. No subject Oct 18, 2015, 04:55 Mashiki Amiketo

Fletch wrote on Oct 18, 2015, 04:02:
Not on Steam or GoG? Too bad, so sad.

Why don't you go ask blizzard to sell their games on steam or GoG then? Or make your own service to sell games, and get them to join in. I mean that's a solution right? Oh wait, that's hard work...scratch that.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

3. No subject Oct 18, 2015, 00:41 Mashiki Amiketo

Nucas wrote on Oct 17, 2015, 22:38:
and potentially cut down on a diablo-3-launch style debacle.

Well D3 had a completely different problem, since it requires a net connection, it was simply overloaded. The preload for that was also about a month. In this case, you can expect the same problem with LoV and matches.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
1. No subject Oct 17, 2015, 13:31 Mashiki Amiketo

I can see the race for the counter to the anti-drone gun starting up already. Everything from frequency hopping to LOS based fallbacks and pre-programmed flight options in the case of signal failure from the transmitter.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

1. No subject Oct 17, 2015, 13:29 Mashiki Amiketo

Well mine shows 3.7GB, then again considering how shit poor internet is in some places giving a few weeks to download it is always a good thing.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

4050 Comments. 203 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo